Linda’s Got Her Game Face On

Posted by jetsflightcrew on February 10, 2008 – 1:54 pm

Aloha!

I’m in one of five or maybe six vans transporting all of us cheerleaders to Aloha Stadium and the Pro Bowl. I’m a little bit nervous, but I’m also really excited. This is a day that we’ve prepared for all week and it’s finally here. It’s game time!

We’re all 100 percent ready for this. At promotions this week, we performed all the routines that we’ll perform at the game today. We all know what we’re doing and don’t even have to think about it anymore.

This game is about having fun and representing the Jets. This is our time to shine and have a great time. I am honored to have this opportunity. If you told me at this point last year that I’d be in this situation, I would never have believed it.

Our game faces are probably a little bit different than the players. We have the music on and we’re dancing. This is not a serious environment at all. We’re looking forward to everything that is going to happen today.

We’ve all talked about how fast this week has gone and how much stuff we’ve done. We have our last dinner tonight together as a team, and then tomorrow morning we’ll have one last breakfast together. That’s going to be a tear-fest and just thinking about it is making me upset, but good things must come to an end.

Today, though, is a beginning for our whole Jets Flight Crew. I am fortunate to represent the organization, Denise Garvey, our choreographer, and all the girls back home. We’re truly a close team who had an amazing year — any one of us could be here and the support would have been the same.

I’m flying out tomorrow with my parents (who I actually shared a cup of coffee with yesterday) and will catch up with you guys from the airport.

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Linda’s Got Her Game Face On”

1. By Aunt Kathy on Feb 10, 2008 | Reply

Linda , Aloha
    You look beautiful on the field. We are so happy for you!
    See you when you get back. Love, Aunt Kathy

2. By endzone kenny on Feb 11, 2008 | Reply

im glad for you denise but this is a really sad day for the jets organization.when you have 53 players on the team & you are the only one to go to the pro bowl, its pretty embarresing for the new york jets organization. as a true jet fan ,for motivating the players this year,eric should put the 500 pics of the giants suprebowl parade & put them in thelockeroom for us. thats what we want from YOU!

3. By Jessie THE BODY on Feb 11, 2008 | Reply

I think “endzone Kenny ” said it well. A team like the Giants comes back from 8-8 season and 0-2 this year and we cheap out on line men and fall to the bottom of the NFL and watch The Giants parade in mid Feb. Seems like the last game of any meaning for the Jets was played back in September. Let’s hope for a turnaround, AGAIN!!

4. By ? on Feb 11, 2008 | Reply

the jets will be in the biggest slump in football history. they are horrible. i do not no what is going on our team is doing horrible. if we want to win we have to practice harder with kelen because he is young and we have to build a defence that will win us championships which will eventualy lead to a great offense

5. By Andrew in Tucson on Feb 11, 2008 | Reply

The pro bowl is a joke anyway. When you stop letting the fans vote(because they don’t know what they are talking about) and let the pure stats of a player speak for themselves. Then maybe a pro bowl might mean something. So woohoo linda or is it denise for a smashing pro bowl showing representing the green and white. L-I-N-D-A LINDA LINDA LINDA

6. By Viveca on Feb 11, 2008 | Reply

I know this is the offseson, but why is it that all we get to read about are “fluffpieces.” Who cares if Linda has her game face on? Let’s get information about the draft and free agency!!!