• Sun., Oct. 26, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE: Pregame Get your most compreshensive game preview as Jets Insiders Eric Allen and Amanda Pflugrad are joined by Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. JTL kicks off at 11:30 a.m. from the Coaches Club at MetLife  Stadium.
  • Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point - Only on SNY

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Nov. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Open Mic – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

JUSTINE: Dancing, Learning … and Voting

Posted by jetsflightcrew on October 21, 2008 – 2:26 pm

Each week we’ll feature a blog by a different member of the New York Jets Flight Crew. This week’s guest Flight Crew blogger: Justine.

Hey, Jets fans, it’s Justine from the Flight Crew! I can’t begin to tell you how relieved I am that this past extremely hectic week has ended. Between mid-terms all week and traveling from school to practice in Florham Park, N.J., I was exhausted.

It was so exciting to visit and dance at the new Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. It’s absolutely gigantic and just so state of the art! My teammates and I got to practice on a full indoor field, something we don’t usually get to do during the week. By the second practice we couldn’t help but feel at home!

Another week has gone by, which brings us closer to Nov. 4, this year’s presidential election. I am 18, the youngest member of the Flight Crew, and finally eligible to vote!!! Now I’m not going to tell you who I am voting for, but I can’t stress enough how important it is for my generation to vote and be educated on the candidates and who you choose to vote for.

We all live busy lives (myself included) but it is a necessity to take ten minutes and watch some highlights from the debate or discuss it with your friends and family. In between running from school to work to practice, I always make time to catch a clip from the news.

I personally make my decision by reading and watching as much about the candidates as I can. I talk about the election with my peers and parents (who do have a little influence on me because they brought me up to have the same value system as them) and I try to listen to all sides and opinions and take everything in so I can formulate my own opinion.

Not to be cliché but every vote does count! But don’t just vote to vote. Make your own opinion! Find out who you want to vote for and let your voice be heard Nov. 4!

And remember, we have another big home game on Sunday. Get in your seats early and make a lot of noise!

Tags: ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “JUSTINE: Dancing, Learning … and Voting”

1. By Dunnie on Oct 21, 2008 | Reply

Thomas Jones did look great. But we made Oakland look like a good team. They clearly are not. We always seem to have a game plan that keeps games close. Even when we score 56 points. We have to learn how to dominate a game period. two more losses in a row and I am calling for VG to start … to get him some experience.

2. By Tony on Oct 21, 2008 | Reply

been a jets fan for too long but im just about done. mangini stands on the sideline like i watch the games, with my hands on my hips not believing what im seeing. difference is he gets paid to be the coach, i would pay to get a new coach. i live in Colorado and the only satisfaction i get now is when broncos lose so we can be losers together. been a fan for 25yrs (im 34)..

3. By tony on Oct 21, 2008 | Reply

never posted on here or any site, more of a reader but need to vent. i just dont know where to start..by 2morrow i should be calm but after that loss, im letting my son pick his own team to root for, he’s 7 and whoever he picks i bet win a SB before we do. wish we always played the dolphins, but im sure thats what Every other team say about us.we still got a chance but thats what that game was 2

4. By jak jak,ex packer fan new jet fan on Oct 21, 2008 | Reply

your right justine it is important to vote,you wrote a good blog, and im glad your a jet cheerleader,as your pictures are among the prettiest i have ever seen. take care and good luck.

5. By mike ex jet fan on Oct 21, 2008 | Reply

Hey Fans .. Lets make a friendly wager Benny G punt average will Improve by at least 5 yards & 1 second hang time in Orleans .. U heard it here … Definitely will out punt hodges no doubt whatever his average is .. That’s the next under plunder by the J_E_T_S J_E_T_S J_E_T_S

6. By Nel on Oct 22, 2008 | Reply

Well, at least one thing looks good for the Jets. Too bad the team didn’t look as good as Justine…

7. By uncle joe on Oct 22, 2008 | Reply

Hey Justine,sorry some of the fans have to polute your story page with the other Jets team nonsense.Congrats on your first voting experiance and on making the Flight Crew.You and the rest of your team are a welcomed addition.Besides being beautiful,all of you seem like a classy bunch.Keep up the good work and goodluck on the mid-terms(remember looks only get you so far in life).

8. By Theresa on Oct 24, 2008 | Reply

Hey Justine! You go girl! This is from your aunt You look great,and we are very proud of you keep up the great work-glad to see your parents still influence you a “little!” Luv Me

9. By Angelo on Nov 7, 2008 | Reply

Justine, It was a great pleasure meeting you, and I hope you were able to get your vote in. If you are wondering who this is, it’s the conductor you were talking to on Metro-North. I could actually say that you proved yourself about being a flight-crew member. Good luck in your future and don’t let anything get in the way of your dreams. Angelo