• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show co-hosted by Jeane Coakley and Brian Custer with analysts Ray Lucas and Erik Coleman, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EST Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 3:30 PM EST Live Coordinators Press Conference Jets Special Teams Coordinator Thomas McGaughey, Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Defensive Coordinator Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Sat., Nov. 29, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 08, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 15, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 29, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

LYONS: No Jumping Off the Bandwagon

Posted by jetsstaff on December 1, 2008 – 10:47 am

I know everyone is disappointed in the performance Sunday against the Broncos. I am. The weather was bad, the officiating was bad, the Jets were bad.

But it’s just one game in a long season of 16 games. The Jets still are 8-4, still in first place in the AFC East and control their own destiny.

If I wanted to beat the Jets up after their loss to Denver, where would I start? But I won’t. They have played amazing football for the last five weeks. They gave all of us a reason to believe and to be proud to be a Jets fan.

I’ve talked about it and heard about it everywhere I went for the last five weeks. Jets jerseys were everywhere, being worn by both young and old. Closet Jets fans were back on the streets with stories like they were actually playing the games themselves.

Eddie the plumber said to me this week, "Dude, the Jets are for real." Fred from Kings Park Meat Market, a long-time Jets fan, was smiling ear to ear about the Jets when I saw him on Friday, even with Vin the Giants fan sitting in the corner wearing last year’s Super Bowl T-shirt and hat, laughing out loud. Then there was Mike, who said, "I can finally wear my Jets sweatshirt again." Mike from the fish market, a true Jets fan, said it best, plain and simple — "Go Jets."

And of course the best was Mr. Lips, an older gentleman and a true soccer fan who knows "NOTHING" about football, and I really mean "NOTHING." But he goes out and buys a Jets folding chair for the soccer field. Mr. Lips, God bless him, just wanted to be part of this Jets season.

Get the picture? We were all on the Jets bandwagon, and now is not the time to jump off of it because of one bad game. They’re still in first place.

I’ve said since the beginning of the season the magical number was 10 wins, now maybe 11, to make it to the playoffs. Well, the Jets have eight wins after three quarters of the 16-week season. With four games left, they have to win two to get to 10 or three to be safe. After they stubbed their toe against Oakland, they won five in a row. What makes you believe they can’t do it again? They can if they play from the shoulders up, play smart, play fast, and play physical.

Now it’s time to see the finish line, four games left. The Patriots are looking over your shoulder, the Dolphins are looking over your shoulder. Don’t forget that if they’re looking over your shoulder they’re behind you. You can keep it that way by just winning. Yesterday is gone, there’s nothing you can do to get back your performance against Denver. Move on to San Fran. Forget about it. You’ve worked too hard to get where you are. Don’t let it slip away. WIN!!!!!!!

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Marty Lyons | 81 Comments »

81 Responses to “LYONS: No Jumping Off the Bandwagon”

1. By biglen on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

c’mon Marty,we deserve better from you. The JETS just stunk up the place. Who cares about the last 5 weeks. The JETYS just didn’t come ready to play. I blame Mangini for that.

2. By Ray on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Good article Marty, but your about 16 hours too late!

3. By New York Jets on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Well Marty, seeing as how you liked Mr Lips short answer here’s mine, “perspective”, and I like yours. I needed a little sun after yesterdays rain.

4. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Frank. where else do you think they are .Blaming Shanahan for trickery not mangini inability to stop it ..Like I said losing miller big mistake & Smith should be playing hey mangini groupees check your stats bet we never gave up 500 yards with him.. RAY again you sound foolish Bill P in 98 didn’t have half the talent we have your points are getting more & more desperate fans are not idiots

5. By MikeMc on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

This team has tremendous character so I don’t forsee any major collapse. Truth is we still have some holes to fill . We are not as bad as we showed in Oak. & we are not as good as we showed in Tenn.We need to fight to be great, we can’t just show up. I for one will support this team win, lose or draw they have earned that. The playoffs we’ll address in a few weeks.

6. By Southernlady on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I completely agree with you. GO JETS!!!!

7. By jet jeff on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

was that john elway @ terrell davis out there ,NO just our defense stinking it up , I thought favre liked playing in cold weather , he looked like my 9 year old daughter when its raining

8. By Ira on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Marty, I couldn’t say it better myself. It happens to the best of teams. Now they must correct their mistakes and beat the 49er’s. The one thing about this loss that bothers me is that it probably cost them the 2nd seed. Just focus on winning the AFC EAST. GO JETS!!!!

9. By Jets 1/12/69 in SC on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

AMEN, Mr Lyons, Thank you.

10. By Hogan on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

AHMEN, but one thing, even though it may not have made a dif. you will never convince me they were not a bunch of actors with that injury stuff. PATHETIC!!!!

11. By Emily on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Thanks Randy – I agree totally. It’s not perfection but how you respond to adversity that counts. We fans should not abandon our team because of a bad game. I hope no one would judge me that way. Go Jets!!!

12. By Jeremy on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Who is SHOTTY trying to fool-the players, the fans?? Worst playcalling I’ve seen all year, not just on offense, but defense too! This team is rock solid on paper, yet against the Brocos D ranked 28th in nearly every category you put up 17 pts 43/19 pass/rush–even though TJ was averaging over 8 yards per carry?? Could Shotty be more “tricky” it sure worked out well especially on the reverse!

13. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Ray mike MC Drew & company.. Want 2 explain game plan specific 2 me or would you like me 2 explain .. Let me, from what I’ve seen we plan for specific teams strengths then try & execute the plan .. When we can’t no plan B or C always lose those games Game plan specific enough for you.. We’re almost 100% healthy & lose to deaminated teams there are no excuses just shame in my eyes

14. By CD on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I agree. Keep your heads up. My prediction was 11/5. Hopefully, it will be 12/4. The Jets and the fans have alot to be proud of. Don’t forget where they were last year at this time. The Jets do have character and the proper motives.The Broncos, on the other hand,do not. They won’t last long if thats how they are going to play the game. They are not for real. Shameful Broncos!
    Go Jets!!!

15. By j_jetsman on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

have been a jets fan for so many years i live in florida my tag is jetsman i have been die hard through everthing including kotite 1 win 15 losses. im wanting to see this year they have the talent and threw that monkey new england off there back. win these last four games of the reg season they as ateam need to show me a full season. no chokes just do it and starting against sf. 27 years i have .

16. By jet jeff on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I cant remember a team giving up so many passing yards let alone having a winning record , randy are we on pace to set some kind of passing yards allowed record , team or league thanks

17. By Bob Jets Fan on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

This team will never win with Mangini. The best thing that could happen is lose the next 4 games and get into the Bill Cowher sweepstakes. Then maybe we can finally win that elusive Super Bowl.

18. By jet jeff on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

come on marty , no I have watched to many next year seasons , you go out and get these veteran players who any game might be their last , you have to win now ,this year and championship teams dont lose to awful teams and denver is awful and oakland is and chargers are awful too!!

19. By Marty Lyons on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Not close so far, jet jeff. This season the Jets are on track for 4,262 gross yards (not including sacks) and 3,986 net yards. The franchise records for most passing yards allowed in a season were set in 1986 (4,567 gross, 4,389 net) and the 1979 totals were also both higher than this year’s pace. And keep in mind that the Chargers and Seahawks have allowed more net yards this season, not that that’s much consolation.

20. By MikeMc on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Mike the Ex Jet Vet , reading your posts (or should I say deciphering your posts, I need a decoder, rosetta stone, german Enigma or something) I often wonder why all the shame & anger after a jet loss.There is nothing that I see that would cause me to feel anything other than disappointment.We have players & coaches that are very easy to root for, look around the league I’m sure you’ll agree.

21. By Drew on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I am not blaming this loss on anything other than getting outplayed or outcoached. i am not sure what your reading Ex. To say that Miller should still be here after that loss is just the icing on another ridiculous post to go along with your 1998 wasnt as talented as this team. Please do yourself a favor and get a clue bud. I defend my team and coach and you continue to trash them.

22. By Gary Columbia,S.C. on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Hey Marty, you’re absolutely right.There is NO QUIT in me in my JETS.I put the uniform on every GAMEDAY WIN,LOSE ,or DRAW.What I see is a team(Jets) with an8-4 record and sole possession of !st place in the AFC East.Come on people,we had a letdown for ONE GAME.Theres not a team in the NFL that has’nt had a letdown this season.Lets see how many MOUTHS are running 4 weeks from now when we’re 12-4.

23. By jak, 18 wk jet fan on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

i havent even read this article yet.BUT TITLE GRABBED ME. ill be a jet fan for the next few years at least.i only am a fan of 1 team at a time.

24. By Ray on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

No Fans aren’t mike ex, just you. You prove it with every misspelled word you type. You can’t even keep your own points straight. Bill P. lost to a team far worse than the team we faced yesterday. With a team that was very much in the same class as this one. So in essence his loss was worse. but keep the poor analogies coming, I need some good humor right now!

25. By MikeMc on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Bobjetsfan, that is the most ridiculous thing I read today & I read alot of dung today! My Jets(obviously not yours) are 8-4 & on top of the AFC east alone & your rooting for a 4 game losing streak, you guys have got to be kidding me. Jeez, Really?? Go Jets!! Where is Ira ?? We need some optimistic sanity & we need it now.

26. By fljetfan on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I still believe we can go all the way. should we have beaten the banged up broncos? absolutely! look at NE they were rollin and . pitt wasnt lookin good . we beat tenn. colts arent perfect. balt. rookie qb. dolphins no chance. its still wide open, but i did get a refresher lesson, in the nfl you cant check of wins ive known that since i started being a fan of the game. my bad for that.no excuses

27. By jak, 18 wk jet fan on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

GERMAN ENIGMA wow mikemc. what an obscure referance. that brightened my day ,good chuckle i had…. some teams match up better with others, the browns beat the giants .. and the bad call yesterday with cotcherys non fumble was at least a 10 point swing.thank god we have revis back there ,and laws doing alright for his first few games back.

28. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

. No use crew talk to me 4 weeks from now .I understand politically correct & it all sounds good on the blogs & at party’s ..Your loyalty is very admiral hope your listening 2 all the sports talk this week guess your very proud..Hope you don’t set the same standards in life as you do for this team… Unemployment is at an all time high.. Again you want to kill the messenger

29. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Drew ..Funny telling me to get a clue & support my team .. OK sonny boy you brought it up so I will .. I been supporting this team since your diaper days When I was over seas protecting your freedoms I was supporting my team & always will .. Now lets hear the stupid insults you come back with sonny

30. By Tom Spicer on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

What a missed opportunity we could have a 2 game lead on everyone with 4 games to go. The Pats could win out & so could Miami the only way we win the AFC east is TO WIN OUT ! 3 & 1 WE MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

31. By Frank on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Here it is in a nutshell. We go 1-3 vs. the AFC West which is the worst division in the NFL and win vs. KC by a prayer. The common denominator in those losses was the coaching staff trying to be too cute with the play calling, failing to make adjustments and not being prepared. Sorry but with a team as talented as this its unacceptable having these results. Mangini & Co. took a step back this week

32. By Upstate Mike on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Tom Spicer hit the nail on the head. Missed opportunity here with Miami and N.E. breathing down our necks. They can’t afford any more games like yesterday or we could get knocked right out of the playoffs. Outplayed and out coached yesterday, it was just bad all around. Time to tighten up and play with a vengeance again. I’ll still be here rooting, hoping and praying.

33. By Skipper on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I’m not that worried by New England, as I’m by Miami. If we finish same as New England, we will win the division (already have significantly better strength of victory), but if Miami wins out they will have better conf record. So the key game is week 17 at home against Miami!

34. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I have no confidence in this coaching staff 2 win out I hope we do .But I know this team & Organization … We’re not the jokes of the NFL for the lack of trying they worked very hard to get there .. Every good coach knows jets history & find a way to beat us ..With this lose again sets us back any1 watching the game seen a horrible display & lack of preparation of coaches & players

35. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I agree Bob jet fan… Only way to get mangini & sutton out of here hate to say it ….Hiring another Rookie head coach after the herm debacle shows by far the biggest slap in the face of us life long fans

36. By MikeMc on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Jak, 18 weeks & counting, thanks for getting the enigma line, stick around we need good fans. Thats not a knock on you bad ones.

37. By Row on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I’m not mentioning the previous game anymore. Frank Gore is a stud, much like TJ. I’m not worried about the 49ers WR’s, we need to stop Gore. With that said, Hill is a good rookie QB who has consistently thrown for near 300 yards. We must shake him up early, and not allow running first downs. Tyler Thigpen made us look bad, we can’t let Hill show us up too. Win on Sunday!

38. By John W on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

You guys who keep complaining about the coaching staff have no clue what you are talking about. The game plans these guys come up with are just fine, the players have to execute and perform up to their capability. When they don’t, the Jets lose.
    This team has a good chance to be playing deep into the playoffs but the onus is on the players, they have to perform.

39. By Dominic on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Mangini isnt the problem he shows some real brilliace, the last game was truly the broncos not playing all that amazing but the refs not seeing someones foot on the line reveiwing the play wich should have been overturned plus the Broncos cheating everytime Favre was about to burn them with no hudle plus the jets have to many key injuries right now.

40. By Dennis Doheny on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

Remember a few years ago when 12-4 was the best record in the league.The Jets can do it. I am so sick that the Jets are always second fiddle in N.Y. I hope they do something about it. JETS FAN FOR LIFE.

41. By JP on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I agree – if we win out the rest of the way we win the division. Plain and simple. I know some hate for me to bring up the Giants but the facts speak for themselves-they started out undefeated until they ran into the CLEVELAND BROWNS! and got killed! However, since then, they have been undefeated and are poised to win their division. Moral – this lose brings us down to earth to finish strong!

42. By JP on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

One more thing. I know some are angry that we might have just given up the #2 seed in the playoffs – however, who cares – let us play on the road – we seem to play better there than with our fans booing!

43. By james on Dec 1, 2008 | Reply

I was at the Jets vs Broncos game this past sunday, the fans stayed in it untill the last possible chance was there. But I feel like the players weren’t even in it. I almost feel like the coaches purposely tried to lose the game , I was really dissapointed as a 10 year jet fan almost as bad as the 98 and 05 playoff’s except its not even the playoff’s yet…

44. By TJMGold on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Good message…
    I specifically the, “After they stubbed their toe against Oakland, they won five in a row. What makes you believe they can’t do it again?”
    GO JETS!!!!

45. By Ray on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

mike ex gloomy doomy, if you get any further out there your gonna be orbiting Pluto. unemployment is at an all time high? we can’t kill the messenger until there is a coherent message. You keep bashing people for defending the coaches when no one is defending them. But YOU lay zero blame on the players. So JC dropping passes is coaching, Elam’s attrocious tackling is coaching, Favre throwing

46. By Ray on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

…five yard passes at JC’s feet and another pick down the sideline is coaching? No doubt coaches have their hand in this loss and no one has defended that. The play calling was about as bad as it gets. But your complaint? Mangini is chewing gum! Mangini doesn’t carry a clipboard! Mangini doesn’t have a meltdown on the sideline so we all can see he’s angry! Not one valid point in the bunch.

47. By Ray on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

It’s easy being a “die hard” fan when we’re winning. Try sounding like one just once when things aren’t perfect. Instead of sounding like a whiny broken record.

48. By sal on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Its easy to put it on mangini, problem is he wasnt the sleep walking on the feild, what bring in jimmy johnson? he did great in miami, you r talking about rebuilding when u bring in some one else, theyll always want their players, that crazy talk, im not ready to wait three – four years been do doing that for 40, again ther 8-4 in first place, and you want to get rid of the head coach.

49. By sal on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

With all the new players on this team yuou should happy their 8-4 not 4-8, said this before teams take at least a season to gel like this. another thing, whos hurt on this team, other teams are loosing players left and right, why because of technique, that what coaches do. should he get more involved w/ offensive game planning, idont know hes a defensive coach, help out in the secondary definitly

50. By Jack A. Hamlin on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

12 MILLION DOLLARS FOR WHAT ?????? JET FARVE…….. 1 MORE WIN THAN CHAD……HA….HA….HA……HE LEARNED THE NEW PLAYS AT MIAMI IN 2 WEEKS,,,,,,,,,,, LET’S KEEP MAKING EXCUSE FOR BRET………..ONLY IN NYORK…….. HA….HA….HA….

51. By t.o. on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

i agree with frank that the coaches took a step back this week . that coupled with the ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS SO CALLED FUMBLE and the broncos playing “ouch im hurt cuz youre getting hot” burned us. im sad to say though that maybe woody shoulda bought us a dome bcuz no one including brett can perform in cold precipitation. everyone had butterfingers. time to soak the field and the balls @ practice!

52. By gojets on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

I am not cutting any slack to Jets Pass Defense. But Tyler Thigpen is not that bad a QB for KC. We lost to chargers, it just our 3rd game. The loss that hurt are the ones to Oakland and Denver. Especially Denver, jets were not even close. Mangini is supposed to be a defensive coach.. protege of Bill Belichick. I dont see any innovation.. no blitz packages.. what the hell happened to run defense..

53. By Charlie D on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Marty,
    I agree with your post. I think we will do well the rest of the season. I AM A DIRE HARD JET FAN AND VERY OPTIMISTIC. I AM A HUGE FAN OF THE “SACK EXCHANGE” GO JETS J!E!T!S! THANKS CHARLES D

54. By MikeMc on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Ray , love the kill the messenger line. Your truculent responses to Mike The Ex JetVet are very entertaining, I know I advised you in the past to stop replying to his incomprehensible rants, but I’ve since selfishly changed my position. I am now begging you to continue to engage these pugnacious posters. Go Jets!!

55. By Paul on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

You gotta be kidding me,the dude(FAVRE) has been awsome for us,only an idiot would want Pennington back right now.

56. By RichieRich on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Excellent Article Marty! The Jets have proven they can overcome disappointing losses. They have proven they are a team capable of beating any team in the NFL. It is clear we went into the Denver game overconfident and a serving of humble pie was needed. We got that pie at a bargain because we are STILL in first place and still control our own destiny. So lets stop pointing fingers and move on.

57. By always a fan on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

I agree with you Marty. It was just one loss of the last 6 & they are still in 1st place. They figured out how to win & they will win again. Last Sunday, it just didn’t happen, next Sunday is a new game. We all have bad days. I am sure the few games Jets won last year made a few teams feel the same way some fans and players feel this week. But build a bridge & get over it. I love the Jets!

58. By Ray on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Jack hamlin let me guess, your a fish fan? Cause those comments have fish smell all over them. So you probably don’t realize Henning was Chad’s first OC his rookie year. So he already knew that offense, it was just a refresher course, so of course he learned it in 2 weeks. That’s how bad the fish are.

59. By Ray on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Yeah MikeMc, I know. But when lies and fantasy are spouted forth as fact I feel like if no one says anything, then someone reading his flotsam may actually believe it to be true! And when he calls me out, of course I’m going to reply. So I figured might as well have fun with it, it can be somewhat cathartic! You and Drew prefer to have actual thought provoking debates with Frank.

60. By Gary Cola.,SC on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

OK everybody, its time to erase last weeks game and start concentrating on 49ers Sunday.Can’t do anything but look ahead.12-4 record is there for the taking and #2 seed is not gone yet.Alot of football left to be played.Let’s look forward and not backward. GO JETS!!!

61. By Anthony on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Marty great piece, I have to say that I am very upset wtih the lose but am still proud to be a Jet fan and I always have. Right now its great to see we have first place but I feel the Fumble was bogus that Cotchery lost and there were alot of mistakes. I thought Mangini was a secondary guy? What is going on? Why does he keep going with Zone Def? The Jets are capable of man coverage

62. By tim in nj on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Marty, does Eddie the plumber work with Joe the plumber?

63. By bobby on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

I agree with Lyons. t could be much worse….

64. By Rick on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Now that I have had time to cool down, I can agree with Marty, still very disappointing! Getting beaten by a better team is one thing, but to come out flat, and teamwide be lethargic, is inexcuseable! Especially at this time of year!

65. By sal on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Chad who, forgot all the great things he done here, go back to sleep

66. By sal on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

If the jets ran a college offence farve would have learned it 1 game, when was the last time chad plaid a full season. thats worth the money right there games over ,next week is what counts see u in miami the end of the month

67. By Drew on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

Congrats Ex Jet….you have provided me with the same freedoms as my father and my grandfather did. I thank you again…..You just happen to be a horrible Jets fan (unlike the 2 men I mentioned earlier) I dont care how long you have been rooting for them. Please dont play the veteren card or the long Jets fan card with me. Again get a clue and tone down your ridiulous rants…..SIR

68. By manny m on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

you just want to see the jets put this afc east away. but knowing the jets(fan for 25 years) they always come down to the buzzer. let go jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. By Anonymous on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

HI MARTY,
    WHY DOESN’T MANGINI BLITZ THESE QBS MOORE!!!!! MANGINI HAS TO LEARN THAT IF YOUR GETTING DESTROYED PLAYING BACK, THAN HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO TURN UP THE HEAT ON THE OPPOSING QB. HE HAS TO DO THIS ASAP IN THE GAME PLANING THE REST OF THE WAY. IT SHOULD NOT TAKE GAME AFTER GAME TO SEE THIS. IT WORRIES ME ABOUT MANGINI’S ABILITY TO ADJUST QUICKLY TO STRATEGIES.

70. By jak, 18 wk jet fan on Dec 2, 2008 | Reply

JACK A HAMLIN …READ THIS…JETS 47 RAMS 3 FISH 16 RAMS 12 . WOW WHAT AN OFFENSE MIAMI HAS. JETS HAD SUBS LAST 5 MINUTES OR SO AND WE WERE IN SCORING RANGE AND RAN OUT THE CLOCK INSTEAD OF SCORING.FISH WILL LOSE 3OF LAST 4 GAMES.SORRY CHARLIE

71. By JetFan4Life on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

We are in, lets get this going , hell bring out the Titian jersey lets play some old school football baby. Its time, they are due, lets collect. Vinny two tone says it best ” You know what im here for ” how about it . Get em Jets .. J. E. T. S … JETS JETS JETS

72. By Tom from New York in L.A. on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

In the books Favre’s two-yard TD to Coles against Tennessee is just a short pass. On the field it’s an amazing play, a last-second, across-the-body, pinpoint pass that Chad couldn’t have made in his best years. Sure Miami’s won some games — the same way Chad recently won with the Jets, squeaking it out in the last minute 17-12 or so against awful teams. Good luck with that in the playoffs!

73. By One bad game on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

We have one bad game and the self loathing fans come out of their shells again… It’s shameful to watch after all these years. The Ken O’Briens, Vinny Testeverde’s and Chad Pennington’s never gave you as hopeful a season as this one and you want to turn your back on them now? We will hold the best conference record at the end of this season. Miami won’t even be a factor when we play. Chin up boys

74. By 35 year fan on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

I’ve been watching the jets a long ,long time . The best I’ve seen them was under Parcells . That being said ,this team here under Mangini has got a shot. They still need a bigger running back, but they are doing fine with what they got. It does seem like they are playing smarter football. I would like to see some of those Parcells trick plays in the mix . That makes it more exciting to watch.

75. By David Harwell on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

I’m 50, had been a Packers fan since a little boy. I remember the Pack had a losing season almost every year, everyone allways laughed because I was a Pack fan. Then along came Brett , wasn’t long after Favre came everyone Quit Laughing. After watching Brett all those years I became a Favre fan. So now I’m for the JETS. If you wan’t to see how much Brett meant to the Pack, LOOK AT THEIR RECORD!!

76. By No Matter What on Dec 3, 2008 | Reply

ok, so we lose one game, we are still in first place, if you band wagon fans out there want to complain, then you aren’t a true fan, JETS FOR LIFE!!!

77. By Patrick from PA on Dec 4, 2008 | Reply

“Vinny Testeverde’s and Chad Pennington’s never gave you as hopeful a season as this one and you want to turn your back on them now?”
    One bad game, were you not alive in 98 when we went to the AFC Champ game only to lose to the eventual Super Bowl Champs? Vinny had a great year and went to Hawaii. I was pretty hopeful then and again in 02 when we stomped the colts. Get your history down, then post

78. By Big Daddy on Dec 4, 2008 | Reply

Marty hits it on the nose. Three quarters of the season are under are belts. At 8-4 there is no reason to be worried or too concerned about last week. There is one quarter left (4 games). If we go .500 that means a ten win season. Going in to the year any Jet fan would have taken a 10-6 season. Now I also beleive with the Pats and Phins on our tails that 11 wins locks us in & maybe a home playoff

79. By 35 year fan on Dec 4, 2008 | Reply

We need to raise from the dead a new ;New York Sack Exchange again.Defense wins championships. I predict alot of quarterback sacks this sunday against the niners. ALOT !!

80. By Steve from Lindenhurst on Dec 5, 2008 | Reply

I want the Jets to run the table. I think they have a realistic shot at running the table and finishing 12-4, equaling the best record in franchise history. I know the game against the Broncos was an abberation. With this Quarterback and running game and with a legit Tight End we can score 30 points a game. With David Harris coming back soon, the defense will return to a dominating unit. JETS!

81. By no1JETSfan on Dec 7, 2008 | Reply

There is no reason we can’t go 12 & 4. This is our year to finally have a real shot at wining it all. The AFC is ours for the taking as there is no real dominate team standing in our way (see Tennesee week 12). JETS-GIANTS Super Bowl Baby!!!!