• Sat., Oct. 25, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sun., Oct. 26, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE: Pregame Get your most compreshensive game preview as Jets Insiders Eric Allen and Amanda Pflugrad are joined by Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. JTL kicks off at 11:30 a.m. from the Coaches Club at MetLife  Stadium.
  • Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point - Only on SNY

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Nov. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Open Mic – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

JUSTINE: Getting into That Holiday Mood

Posted by jetsflightcrew on November 23, 2009 – 2:00 pm

Hey, Jets Fans! It’s Justine from the Flight Crew. I can’t believe the season is more than half way over and we’re approaching my absolute, favorite time of year!

With the holidays just around the corner and Thanksgiving this week, we should remember to reach out to each other. While football is exciting, traditional and can keep our spirits high, some people must deal with the reality of not having all they need at this time of the year.

Giving back to the community is not foreign to the New York JETS! To keep with the holiday spirit, why not try reaching out this season to your neighbors and community by donating your time and volunteering at a local food pantry or soup kitchen? If every person donated one item of food to their local food pantry (or school/town/store food drive), imagine how many needy families can be reached! Hard times can fall upon anyone at any time. It would be comforting to know that other people are willing to help you get through the rough times. Then, when the rough times are passed, know that you can always "pay it forward."

What about inviting friends or family members that might be struggling a bit to your Thanksgiving Day feast to enjoy a day of turkey and football? What better day is there than that?

We all know our history lessons about the very first Thanksgiving and how it all started, being thankful for what we do have, coming together as family and friends to share a meal and our traditions. I have a dad and three brothers that are crazy football fans. I remember Thanksgiving Day since I was a little girl. I would wake up in the morning with the oh-so-familiar smells of turkey. My mom was in the kitchen, preparing all aspects of the feast ahead, including stuffing, potatoes and all the trimmings.

Meanwhile, my dad and brothers were preparing for a day of football in the back yard tossing a pigskin. They would be warming up for the "Turkeybowl" or in front of the television yelling, "Where are the appetizers?” As my many family relatives started pouring in, more trimmings in tote, I would start to have that warm, excited and peaceful feeling.

As we began to take our seats, my mom would ask us one by one, going around the entire, very long, seemingly endless table, what we were thankful for. (Do you remember the "kids table" at the end of the "adults table”? Well, I was unfairly put there until I was about 15 years old).

Just like I am every day, I am thankful for the health, happiness and support of my huge, loving, Italian family. But this year, I am thankful that on "any given Sunday" I get to do my favorite thing in the world. I’m thankful that I get to dance, perform and cheer for my favorite football team, in front of 80,000 of the best NFL fans in the country! I am truly thankful to be part of such an amazing organization as the New York Jets. I am truly a privileged girl!

That’s my Thanksgiving memory. I would love for ALL to have those same excited and peaceful feelings as I do! So donate, volunteer, befriend one another … and then eat, drink and be merry.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL Americans! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Tags: ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “JUSTINE: Getting into That Holiday Mood”

1. By Mike Jet Vet on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

Cont.About Rex Ryan he’s a good D coach the rest is horrible his clock management is terrible his use of players is questionable at best his emotions are getting way out of hand & in the way of rationally running a football team.. This team has more good coaches & Players at they respective positions then half the teams in the league ..There isn’t any reason or excuses this team is 4-6

2. By glyn on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

rex ryan said sanchez isin’t going to get better sitting on the bench,but the team might start winning without him playing.after watching the nfl for the last 25 years I don’t beleave he will ever be an adverage qb he is slow burnner.

3. By MikeJet Vet on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

HELLO Charlie Weiss Are you kidding me we already got rid of Mangini.. Where do you guys come up with this nonsense science fiction novels ? Clemens isn’t the answer we tried remember CP beat him out twice when he was the almighty successor .If management had any brains we Would have waited till next year & trade V-G Lito Lowery Thomas second & third round picks 4 my man FL. state Tim-TEBO

4. By Rick on Nov 23, 2009 | Reply

If They want to Talk the Talk ,They better for sure, Walk the Walk.

5. By Sal on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

Mikedo you know what Weiss did for a horrible jet offence? or what he did for the career of probably o the best QB in football. Now if ur talking about head coach I agree, he is not a head coach, but if the pay him enough he might take it! I think the jets need to get an all star cast of cooridinators, they need to Rex needs all the help he can get. they have the players!

6. By Erik H on Nov 24, 2009 | Reply

MS makes about a million a game. And all of you think, nurse him, baby him, build playbook around him, or worse yet it’s shotty’s fault. OMG He’s overpaid, is short on experience and character. Tell leon and big kris before they go in for surgery we were playing for next year anyway so “the Kid” can mature. See what their reactions might be. Mike…you r clueless

7. By Row on Nov 25, 2009 | Reply

Mike, Tebow is a joke of QB. I will promise you he will never start for a team in the NFL. Florida has a gimmick offense built to win the tailored games who are picked by the university. I say tell the media nothing and start #11 come Sunday. We will win, guaranteed!