• Sat., Nov. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM EST Live Jets Talk LIVE: Pregame Get your most compreshensive game preview as Jets Insiders Eric Allen and Amanda Pflugrad are joined by Herbie Teope of Chiefs Digest in Kansas City. JTL kicks off at 11:30 a.m. from Arrowhead Stadium.
  • Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Open Mic – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Fri., Nov. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Sat., Nov. 08, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

ASHLEY: How Dance Became a Passion

Posted by jetsflightcrew on January 12, 2010 – 2:14 pm

Hey, Jets fans, it’s Ashley from the Flight Crew. I am so honored to be a rookie member of the Flight Crew this year. Throughout my career as a dancer I was exposed to many different aspects of dance, which led up to the start of my first season as a Jets Flight Crew Cheerleader.

Coming from a family full of dancers, my life as a dancer began at the early age of 3. Even before that, you could count my sisters’ recitals I slept through in my dad’s arms. Dance was something that started as a hobby that I enjoyed but quickly become a passion I couldn’t live without.

Over the course of 18 years, I continued to take classes at my studio in Connecticut, at the college I attended, and also in NYC. Staying consistent with taking classes was very important for improving and perfecting my technique as a dancer. It also helped to take classes with a variety of teachers and choreographers in order to learn new styles and become a versatile dancer.

Fortunately, I was involved with a dance school that did numerous shows across the tristate area, including fairs, festivals, showcases, recitals, etc. Doing as many shows as I did helped with my performance quality. By this, I mean developing a personality and unique style with my dance.

After perfecting technique and gaining performance experience, I started competing across the U.S. Being a competitive dancer allowed me to become exposed to dancers, choreographers and judges from all over. Through this I gained insight into what else is out there and it kept me striving to become a better all-around dancer.

Not only did I gain fulfillment with dance, it also gave me a chance to give back as well. Throughout the years I danced for charities, raising money for less fortunate families during the holidays as well as supporting people living with HIV/AIDS.

As you can see, I have gained something new with each aspect of my life with dance to help me get to where I am today as a proud Jets Flight Crew Cheerleader!

Thank you to all of my family and friends who have supported me along the way and to all of you Jets fans who make it all worthwhile. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

1, 2, FLIGHT CREW!

Ashley

Tags:
Posted in Uncategorized | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “ASHLEY: How Dance Became a Passion”

1. By carl on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

Sooo Hot!!!!

2. By Anonymous on Jan 12, 2010 | Reply

so beautiful

3. By Ira on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

The Jets will pick off Rivers 3 times this week. He throws them in bunches. games 1 and 2 he had 4 picks, then he went 5 games with only 1 pick, then 2 games with 4 and his lastest streak is 4 games with none. I feel SD will come out not in sink this week and the bye week will hurt them. The Jets are on a roll and hot right now. Jets 27 – Chargers 23. GO JETS!!!!!

4. By Ira on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

Interesting stat i found. Rivers has thrown 9 INT’s this year. 8 have come from SD’s 1-49 yd line. Only once has he thrown an INT once they cross the 50 yd line. The Jets will get a pick and score this week for sure.

5. By Bolt39 on Jan 13, 2010 | Reply

P. Rivers has never thrown 3 int’s in one game as a starter.

6. By Row on Jan 14, 2010 | Reply

I really don’t want to see Coleman out there. I’ve heard he’s an amazing practice player, but that doesn’t win games. Lowery has been on a mean streak. Strickland is very good along with Ihedigbo. We need Cummings and Murrel. ST’s will be a factor. Go Jets

7. By Lorie Trainor on Jan 15, 2010 | Reply

Miss Ashley , you have grown to be a beautiful woman. Great job :) Hope your enjoying your adventure. It’s really neat to know a real cheerleader! Keep having fun. Andy says hi as well.