• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EST Jets Open Mic – Only on SNY

• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show co-hosted by Jeane Coakley and Brian Custer with analysts Ray Lucas and Erik Coleman, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EST Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 3:30 PM EST Live Coordinators Press Conference Jets Special Teams Coordinator Thomas McGaughey, Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and Defensive Coordinator Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Sat., Nov. 29, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 08, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

‘Jets Huddle’ Debuts on Verizon FiOS 1

Posted by Eric Allen on June 25, 2010 – 10:56 pm

This weekend marks the debut of Jets Huddlea brand new television program which will be broadcast on Verizon FiOS Channel 1 both on Long Island and in New Jersey on Saturday and Sunday.

The new show, which will be broadcast weekly throughout the season on FiOS 1, will premier with a mic’d up feature on Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. A roundtable discussion, which will be a Huddle staple throughout the year, had a panel consisting of host Steve Overmyer, NFL Network’s Brian Baldinger, Newsday’s Bob Glauber and myself as we discussed some hot-button offseason Jets topics.

“We are excited to launch Jets Huddle on Verizon FiOS 1." said Rich Gentile, the club’s senior director of multimedia and broadcasting. "This show is another example of our commitment to providing unique and compelling content to Jets fans. "Steve Overmyer brings energy to our panel discussions, and it’s no secret that our club is as fun to follow as any in sports.”

While the Green & White are trying to take it to another level in 2010, the Huddle also goes inside strength coach Sal Alosi’s offseason program with some behind-the-scenes footage. The show will be directed by Gentile and everything will fall under longtime Jets executive producer Bob Parente.

You can go to the Jets’ Facebook page next week for exclusive footage.

The times for this weekend’s special are as follows:

FiOS1 LONG ISLAND

Saturday, June 26
10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, June 27
10:30 a.m., 4:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.

FiOS1 NEW JERSEY

Saturday, June 26

2:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.

Sunday, June 27
4:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 10:30 p.m.

A Titanic Teacher

The Jets figure to field a great corner tandem in the fall with Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie. But according to a published report in The Tennessean, Revis will meet with Titans CB Cortland Finnegan next week in Phoenix and the two DBs will get some summer work in.

“We are two totally different players, really," Finnegan said in the article by Jim Wyatt. "He is asked to shut down a receiver and our defense is totally different from their defense, what we’re asked to do. But I can learn from him for sure. I wish I could teach him something, but I’ve got nothing for him.’’

Lynch Mad-den About the Jets

Bills RB Marshawn Lynch hasn’t been in Western New York for a long time this spring, but he’s actually got an eye out east on the Jets.

"I’m probably not supposed to say that, but I’m excited to see what the Jets are going to do," Lynch told ESPN.com’s Tim Graham during the Bills minicamp. "I’m real excited.”

Lynch, who may find himself third on the depth chart after the Bills’ drafting of C.J. Spiller, told Graham he wants to use the Jets when he plays Madden 2011.

“They made so many moves, it’s hard to just pinpoint one," Lynch said. "I am a running back, and LT … man, one of the best that ever did it. I’m going to be excited to see him twice a year. Santonio and Revis and Cromartie over there, that’s going to be interesting."

Tags: , ,
Posted in Eric Allen | 40 Comments »

40 Responses to “‘Jets Huddle’ Debuts on Verizon FiOS 1”

1. By brwct08 on Jun 26, 2010 | Reply

I just checked and its not on.
    Why??

2. By Ray Perez on Jun 26, 2010 | Reply

Look at that the Bills RB wants to play with the JETS on Madden 11. Now that is funny, now everyone wants to be a JET & play for REX, cz we are the team to beat in 2010. Everyone in the league knows what will happen, we are the team that will be in Super Bowl 45. GO JETS -BLEED 4 GREEN…..4EVER…..

3. By Ira on Jun 26, 2010 | Reply

EA, Good luck with the new gig. Except you guys forgot about Staten Island and the rest of the NYC area. Whats up with that?

4. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jun 26, 2010 | Reply

ESPN reports BE will be fined but not suspended, which I see as good news not least because, as the ESPN story says, it makes it much less likely that we’ll sign Coles. Even if BE draws a one-game suspension, if it was the first game and we were without him and SH, I’d like to see how Clowney and Allison do at the other WR. (I’ve already seen enough of Smith at WR to draw a conclusion, unfortunately.)

5. By Dan on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Hey, i was just wondering. Is there a possibility that Marques Douglas stays a Jet this season?

6. By Bill McDonough on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Randy,do you have any idea how many Jet fans are in Florida (New York South),? That would love to see the new Verizon program. PS, PLEASE SIGN DR.

7. By Ira on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

The Jets got a good break with Edwards not being suspended for the opener. This was huge since Holmes will be out for those first four games.

8. By frannybabe on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Its always good to see more show about our NYJ. EA, make sure the program times are right. As for Lynch, I for one would love to see him on the NYJ for the right price. Doubt BUF would trade him within the division though. Wonder if they’d do a straight up trade for VG ?

9. By commentman on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

dam it, i dont have verizon, but ill find a way to watch it, i agree with Dan i want Marques Douglas back!!! GO JETS!!

10. By Gregg from CA on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Once again, those of us that don’t receive local cable or airwave feeds of NY TV channels are left “in the dark”. I keep hearing about all of these wonderful pre-game, recap, week-in-review, etc. shows, but it’s like a double whammy, because we can’t attend home games and experience the raucous crowds, and we can’t participate in the afterglow of fanboy TV and radio! Can’t the Jets find a way to publish these programs for online viewing somehow? PLEASE???

11. By Gregg from CA on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

I loved having the chance to watch SBIII last night – Tom was right in an earlier blog post, it really showed how talented and capable Joe Willy was as a true Field General. No headsets, no walking to the sidelines between plays – everything the offense did on the field was directed by the QB and for the most part completely stymied the Colts defense, which had shut out one of the best teams in the league for the NFL championship. Times have certainly changed, from the pace of the game (cont)

12. By Gregg from CA on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

… to the understated presentation and commentary. It was nice to just watch the game as it unfolded, rather than having every player’s actions, and even motives, “explained” to us by telepathic “analysts”. Aside from the picture quality, I think I prefer that game’s coverage to the overload that we get today, both visually and audibly. It was damn near like having seats at the game, except with closeups and minimal replays. Thanks for informing us of the game’s airing, it was fun!

13. By Gregg from CA on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Request for clarification: Maybe my memory is being affected by my advancing age, but why would action be considered NOW for an incident that happened last year? What was Edwards’ 4-game suspension for, if not the altercation in Cleveland? Degenerating minds want to know! *chuckle*

14. By Ira on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Tom, I think Clowney is ready to take the next step. Allison i need to see more of this summer before i can come to an opinion. This is going to be a funny roster this year. Looks like for now 2 FB’s, only 2 TE’s, probably 4 RB’s. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if they decide to save a roster spot and keep Brunell and Smith as the b/u’s. Ainge and O’Connell while they have great size just too many ? marks and lack of experience. Right now i would make Smith the #2 on gameday and Brunell #3.

15. By Ira on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

Thats because of the b/u QB rules for substitutions. Smith was taking plenty of reps as the #2 during mini-camp and it will be interesting to see how they divide the reps with all the b/u’s this summer. Also think they would love to have a spot so they could re-sign Douglas. I am not completely sold on the depth of the d-line just yet.
    Greg, Great idea about the online viewing of the new show. I am sure they will come up with something so ALL the fans can watch this show.

16. By frannybabe on Jun 27, 2010 | Reply

@gregg from CA. I have been on the left coast to experience being a NYJ fan during the season, I’ll give it to you straight, SNY’s JET NATION is a great weekly show. The show EA mentions doesnt seem to be on, + hard knocks i think will be more a media showcase than anything else. NFL network seems to play the same 4 shows every 24 hours + their “top 10 RB of all time, punters of all time, fans of all time, etc. etc. can be too much. I did love the 10 am games you have there, + early SNF / MNF.

17. By Ira on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

I saw last week that Bailey was in his last year of his contract and was watching the Revis situation closely. Bailey is due to make 13 mill this year. So just as much as i understand the Jets point you can’t blame Revis’ side also. Neither side is wrong and they both have good arguments about their stance. It would be better for both sides if this would be resolved ASAP. Right after they sign Vlad and Wilson i guess they really hit the midnight hours trying to come to some sort of agreement.

18. By Ira on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

Greg, I also watched the replay on NFL Network. Agree Namath was brilliant Snell was really the unsung hero. Besides his 121 yds rushing and 40 yds receiving. I totally forgot about the play he made on ST’s early in the game saving a TD by making a tackle on a punt return. If Snell doesn’t make that tackle that game could’ve played out very different.

19. By Dick Engelhardt on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

It would help if FiOS1 would list the JETS HUDDLE show in the guide listings. Another show appears and you would not know the show is JETS HUDDLE. I enjoyed watching the first one.

20. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

Good points about BE, Joe, and SB3, Gregg, I can remember watching it on TV as clear as day (though it was cloudy on L.I. that day). Intriguing thoughts on the roster, Ira, but my problem with dumping EA is that I think if we play him a little, a couple of yrs from now he’ll either be a high-quality back-up or terrific trade bait. frannybabe, do you follow the Jets in L.A.? Disturbing report today about AC having a hip problem that, incredibly, he may have managed to hide from the Jets. Eric?

21. By Ira on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

Tom,
    Believe me they know now about Ainge. I like him and think he has potential. At times he reminds me of a bigger Chad. Smart, stands in the pocket well but his arm strength isn’t the greatest. But to take up a roster spot for this season for maybe a potential b/u down the line i think is not the way to go. If Ainge or O’connell can’t help if needed then they won’t be able to keep either.

22. By Ira on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

Tom, Back on 1/12/09 [40 years after the Jets SB win} AC told the san Diego Union-Tribune he played the 08 season with a fractured hip. I am sure the Jets and every other team who had interest in AC were well aware of this injury he had 2 years ago. I wouldn’t worry if i were you. He looked great running during mini-camp.

23. By Gregg from CA on Jun 28, 2010 | Reply

DUH! Please ignore my comments about Edwards’ “suspension”. I completely confused the missed 4 games with Pace’s suspension, forgetting that the trade happened just prior to week 5. Hey Randy, is it okay to call MYSELF an idiot? *chuckle* Gotta quit skipping the Geritol …

24. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

AC story seems like another example of the press looking to stir up trouble on the Jets where none exists, Ira. But I’d still like to keep EA, Brunell doesn’t have much left and there’s no comparing BS to EA for potential at QB. NFL site says we’re close to signing Ducasse and for those who’ll say (already saw a few like this on the NFL site) that we should “sign Mangold, Ferguson, and Revis first,” it’s a little easier to sign rookies than proven vets, especially vets like DR who get $-crazy.

25. By Ira on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Good story by Nick about Greene and the running game. Yes Greene is the man and i expect a 1400-1500 yd season out of him this year. Biggest concern is can he stay healthy espeically with the way he runs with the ball. He is a physical knock you over first runner and it remains to be seen if he can do that for 16 games and in the playoffs. LT is going to play a bigger role then most people think. Greene’s ideal wokload if possible is an avg of 18 touches a game. GO JETS!!!!

26. By Tom Spicer section 124 on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Tom 64, I would not worry about Cromartie MR. Metha the local beat reporter for the Jets says in OTA’S he has been the best defender on the field.

27. By Tom Spicer section 124 on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Greene is the guy hands down it is just at matter of with his pounding style can he last a full year. He reminds me of a young Jerome Bettis instead of the bus we can call Greene “The Bulldozer” or “The Tractor Trailer”

28. By scjoe on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Can’t believe you guys who are leaning toward Brunell over Ainge or O’Connell. Ainge may not have a rocket arm but he has an adequate one and more importantly he knows the system. There is a reason the other 31 clubs are not tripping over themselves to run out and sign Brunell. I’m not so sure I would rather see Smith in there over Ainge either. I guess camp may answer some of these questions. I also watched the SBlll re run on NFL and Joe Willie never stopped amazing me.

29. By scjoe on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

I believe right after the Jets finish the process with Ducasse and K. Wilson, Revis and Mangold will not be to far behind. I would hope that Harris and Brick would follow not to long after that, because I think the price tag will go up dramatically after this season on both. I just don’t see either of their seasons taking a turn for the worse. Sign them up Mike, before it is to late, but be smart about it.

30. By Fish Hunters on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Hey EA where’s our 1st game of the preseason countdown? Gotta have a countdown, ’cause that’s what we’re all waiting for! :)

31. By Gary C on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Randy, has Rex had any notion or is kicking around the idea in certain defensive schemes where he moves Cromartie to a free safety position just to give the offense something else to think about especially with his ball skills.

32. By Eric Allen on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Gary C, I can’t say I saw that in the offseason practices.

33. By TMac on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Brunell just filed for bankruptcy. He should really be emotionally focused to help the Jets! Forty and broke…a real leader in all aspects of his life
    ! I say we pass on this hare-brained idea/ rumor!

34. By 37 year fan on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

I agree with Gregg from CA , Gotta get the Jets T.V. National . This is 2010 , for God sakes !! There is 1000 channels of crap , surely we could develop a Jets T.V. Show . And Greene is A Monster . I think we’re stepping up with him . Jones was losing A step due to injuries .

35. By Frank on Jun 29, 2010 | Reply

Jamarcus Russel a Jet?????????…the very notion Tanwoody would even entertain that thought is insane.

36. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jun 30, 2010 | Reply

Glad to hear you, and Metha, say that about AC, Spicer. If I coulda picked two AFC players I’d like to see as Jets, AC and SH would’ve been right there at the top of the list. With ya on this Brunell nonsense, scjoe, I’d much rather show some guts and let EA or KO develop into the backup. Brunell’s just as likely to mess up a game as anyone else and who needs to pay HIM a couple mil? Now, will you guys and gals please tell me this ESPN story about Jet interest in JaMarcus Russell is a hoax?!?!

37. By Ira on Jun 30, 2010 | Reply

TMac, Nobody knows what really happened with Brunell. I heard the guy is a real good guy who just made some very bad business investments. Don’t know if its true or not. I have had that doubt for a week already. I can’t see how you can be focused on your job when youre 24.7 mill in the hole. Sorry i would look at other options and thats why they probaly inquired about Russell, Yeah i know his deal. But maybe if they go in that direction Schotty can get him together. The athletic talent is there.

38. By Ira on Jun 30, 2010 | Reply

Big strongarmed QB’s don’t just come around every day. Hey he beat us back in 08 with a big pass to Miller in OT. His stats for that game 17-30-203 yds-1TD-0 INT’s. Problem is does Russell really want to play football and commit himself to it 110%. He is only 25 yrs old. Listen this has been a very weird offseason for the Jets. Nobody after the Colts loss could tell me Taylor, LT, AC and Holmes would be on the Jets. So don’t be shocked if Russell is added. GO JETS!!!!!

39. By Jets Fan Since '64 on Jun 30, 2010 | Reply

Ira, if rolling with whatever happens to the team makes you a great Jets fan, you’re the champ! Only a real trooper could calmly entertain the idea of Russell on the Jets, and I admire your loyalty. But I see no analogy between picking up star players like SH, AC, LT, and JT and even talking to Russell. If money spent on Brunell can be considered foolish given that we have KC, EA, and KO, I can’t imagine what money spent on Russell should be classified as. Probably just rumor re Russell anyway.

40. By Row on Jul 3, 2010 | Reply

No thanks to Russell. I wouldn’t mind adding proven guys like TO or LenDale White. Both would definitely contribute and make the team better. Whereas Jamarcus would just ruin the already damaged offensive chemistry as well as be a detriment to guys like BE. Big tests the first few games. The defense must create turnovers for the new offense. Go Jets