• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Oct. 25, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sun., Oct. 26, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE: Pregame Get your most compreshensive game preview as Jets Insiders Eric Allen and Amanda Pflugrad are joined by Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News. JTL kicks off at 11:30 a.m. from the Coaches Club at MetLife  Stadium.
  • Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point - Only on SNY

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Nov. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

Junior Flight Crew Camp Deadline Extended

Posted by jetsflightcrew on July 1, 2010 – 2:15 pm

The registration deadline for the Junior Flight Crew Cheerleaders Program — the first time ever that the New York Jets will be offering this type of program to girls ages 7-14 — has been extended by two weeks.

This dance and cheer camp will take place in August and the culmination of the program is a halftime performance with the 2010 Flight Crew Cheerleaders at the Aug. 27 preseason game against the Washington Redskins at the New Meadowlands Stadium!

The buzz is really getting out to the public about this new camp that the Jets are offering. There have been youth programs available for boys who play football, but there has never been a dance and cheerleading program of this kind offered by the Jets to young girls.

We have a lot of fans that are children. When the Flight Crew Cheerleaders have the opportunity to talk to fans, everyone is excited about how much we have grown. We really are a part of the Jets culture as we move into the new stadium. The Flight Crew is anticipating an exciting opening year at the stadium and they want young girls to perform alongside them as they entertain thousands of fans at the new stadium.

Can you imagine going back to school in September and telling your classmates that you trained and performed with the famous New York Jets Flight Crew Cheerleaders? I am telling registrants to make sure that they bring their cameras so they can record these amazing memories! Who knows? Some of these young girls may grow up to be Flight Crew Cheerleaders!”

Registration is limited to 150 participants for the camp to ensure individual attention to each participant. The deadline to register has been extended to Friday, July 30. The camp costs $295 per participant. Click here to download the 2010 Junior Cheerleader Program Registration Form.

The Flight Crew has had many firsts and the Junior Flight Crew Cheerleaders Program is no exception. Don’t miss this chance to be a part of the summer excitement as you get the opportunity to train and perform with New York’s biggest and best professional cheerleading squad, the Jets Flight Crew Cheerleaders.

Important Dates

Friday, Aug. 6, 7-9 p.m. — "Meet and Greet" evening with the Flight Crew Cheerleaders.

Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 7-8, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. — Dance/cheer camp days.

Saturday, Aug. 21, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. — Halftime rehearsal.

All camp dates above will be held at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, One Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ 07932

Friday, Aug. 27 — Halftime performance with the Flight Crew Cheerleaders at the Jets-Redskins preseason game at New Meadowlands Stadium!

Tags: , ,
Posted in Denise Garvey | 15 Comments »

15 Responses to “Junior Flight Crew Camp Deadline Extended”

1. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 2, 2010 | Reply

Denise, I’ll tell you a story I use when I have to motivate people, one relevant to the girls in this piece and all the rest of us. I say, “There are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL. That’s 32 out of the millions of little boys, and probably more than a few little girls, who grew up wanting that job. And you know what? Not one of those 32 QBs got there by worrying about the odds. In fact, on Super Bowl Sunday, 31 of them are saying, “Why isn’t it me who’s holding up the trophy?” You go, girls!

2. By Ira on Jul 2, 2010 | Reply

Everybody have a Happy and Safe 4th and GO JETS!!!!!!

3. By John on Jul 3, 2010 | Reply

I find it extremely offensive that the NY Jets would relegate little girls to a cheerleader camp with inappropriate dress and subject them to this form of early repression. Yes, the little girls of today can be the the coaches, players and owners of NFL teams 20 years from now. Whats next little girls training camp to be nurses, elementary teachers and secretaries?

Please NY Jets do not publish pictures of little girls in cheerleader outfits on the web. I find this whole concept sad.

4. By LeeQ on Jul 4, 2010 | Reply

My only complaint is that my daughter has to wait until she is 7 She is a Cheerleader here for the Washington Rock Pop Warner. I wish she could experience everything.

5. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 4, 2010 | Reply

John, did you major in Political Correctness? Or are you just the most understated and ironical satirist of our time? Where in the world do you get the idea that the Jets are going to dress little girls who want to be cheerleaders as if they’re grown women? And why can’t girls grow up to be cheerleaders OR secretaries of state, depending on their preferences? I’ll bet if the Jets refused to hire a male cheerleader, you’d demand they be hauled into court! Denise, please set this guy straight.

6. By Ira on Jul 5, 2010 | Reply

My 5 yr old granddaughter would love to do this. I think it would be lots of fun. Everybody has a different view of this. Surprised the M. Vick rumors to the jets didn’t start already.

7. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 5, 2010 | Reply

Hilarious on M. Vick, Ira, and I hope your granddaughter gets her shot in 2 yrs. There’s lots of good pro-Jets posts to a Balt Sun article that predicts Jets only 9-7 and 2nd, including a few from honest Ravens fans. One guy points out that we got LT for 2 yrs for what TJ wanted for 1, another says TJ “was so in demand that he signed with the lowly Chiefs as a back-up.” And the article itself says SH is the ideal pick-up for a team “that runs the ball a lot with occasional downfield strikes.”

8. By tomjeffs on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

who is this guy “Jets Fan Since ’64 Tom” that posts like every day? I am also Tom and remember all those cold days at Shea since 1964 but cannot use that name cuz it’s already taken. One of these days we gotta meet. Our tailgate was at J5 until last year but may have moved for this year. Where’s yours, Tom. Signed, Tom Jets Fan Since ’64

9. By Denise Garvey on Jul 6, 2010 | Reply

tomjeffs, I’ve forwarded your email address to Jets Fan Since ’64 Tom. Good luck.

10. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 7, 2010 | Reply

Hey Denise, thanks for giving me tomjeffs’ email address, I emailed him that I’d love to join his tailgate next time I’m in New Jersey. Unfortunately I’m 3,000 miles away and my tailgate is outside a sports bar in the San Fernando Valley. Keep up the good work with the girls, I’m glad you didn’t get any more heat about this junior cheerleaders thing. Myself, I think we need more Jets fans along the lines of Paraguay’s Larissa Requelme. (Just kidding, ladies, don’t all throw things at once…)

11. By Kimberly Mooney on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

Hey Denise

I think what you are doing with the junior cheerleaders is inspiring and a wonderful opportunity for these young girls! I stumbled upon this opportunity this weekend when I was looking up cheer camps…Unfortunately, I will be away the week of Aug 21st otherwise my check would be in the mail this morning….Do you plan on doing this again soon! If so, can I be notified somehow? I really hope this will be something you will continue to offer as I know a number of interested young girls.

Best wishes!
    Kimberly

12. By Randy Lange on Jul 25, 2010 | Reply

Kimberly, I’ll forward your email to Denise. Thanks for your interest.

13. By Kimberly Mooney on Jan 10, 2011 | Reply

Any news on when/if the junior flight crew cheer camp will be available in 2011?

14. By Randy Lange on Jan 10, 2011 | Reply

Kimberly, nothing yet but soon Flight Crew director Denise Garvey will be unveiling the calendar for the new year and we’ll post it on the Flight Crew page.

15. By Lisa Typrowicz on Feb 2, 2011 | Reply

I would also love to hear about 2011 junior flight crew dates! The sooner, the better.