Holmes Delayed; Clemens, Jenkins to Active PUP

Posted by Eric Allen on August 1, 2010 – 12:45 pm

Santonio Holmes, who is attending to a family matter, has had his mandatory training camp report time changed to Wednesday, Aug. 4.

The Jets also placed QB Kellen Clemens (calf) and NT Kris Jenkins (hamstring) on the active PUP list. When both players are cleared to practice, they’ll be eligible to immediately come off the list.

Tags: , ,
Posted in Eric Allen | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Holmes Delayed; Clemens, Jenkins to Active PUP”

1. By MrJetGreen on Aug 1, 2010 | Reply

August 1…….it’s finally some time for Footbal…J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets.

2. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 1, 2010 | Reply

Good luck to Holmes and his family and I hope to see him back with the team soon. What’s with these QBs coming up with injuries? A little worried about Jenk but it’s too early to panic. Just like it’s too early to panic about some CB who’s had two great years but suddenly thinks he walks on water. Now we’ll really see what Rex is made of, how well he reacts to this. One thing I know, he needs to talk less and cut out most of the stuff about how one player or another is the best in the league. A champion gets it done without needing to hear that noise.

3. By Gregg from CA on Aug 1, 2010 | Reply

I don’t see any responses on here yet (although I’m sure they’re stacked up for approval), so I’ll throw out a recollection that Santonio’s “little man” (as he tweeted) was scheduled for some surgery last week. Hope everything is okay there, and I’d surely understand the importance of being there for a child over a few days of camp. Positive thoughts and best wishes, Tone!

On a lighter note, it looks like Kellen is emulating Joe McKnight to get a day or two off, and Kris is making a statement of solidarity with Haynesworth *chuckle* I’m sure they’ll both be back strong in a day or two.

4. By Lady Jei on Aug 1, 2010 | Reply

Ok, now listen guys. This is our year. SH hope things work out. But where is the owner of the island. Woody, are you holding up my Superbowl win. The Island is missing its owner, and its quite lonely over here.

5. By IRA on Aug 1, 2010 | Reply

Its a shame about revis but its what i expected. Just hope this can get resolved in a reasonable amount of time. On the bright side at least Lowery and Wilson will get extra work along with Cole and Coleman. Happy McKnight passed his conditioning test.
    Can’t wait until tomorrow to the the team get their work started.
    GO JETS!!!!!

6. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 2, 2010 | Reply

Hey Randy and Eric, I’m posting this here to back up joeyjets12fla’s post on another story about the decreased amount of posts under this new website format. This story, for instance, has garnered a pathetic 5 posts almost a full day after it first ran! I haven’t noticed any story on the new site that’s gotten more than 50 or 60 posts, whereas on the old one over 100 posts was common and, if I remember right, some got as high as 120 or so. Can you maybe tell the NFL absentee landlords that interest in this dull site isn’t inspiring posters?

7. By Randy Lange on Aug 2, 2010 | Reply

Tom, there has been no change in the posting of comments on the new site vs. the old site. All comments I receive that meet the standards of the site (no vulgarities, obscenities, profanities, abbreviated or otherwise, no namecalling, etc.) get posted. I cleared 50 comments last night before I shut it down around 9 p.m. and I posted 50 more this morning. I will continue to post comments as I can get to them throughout each day.

8. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 2, 2010 | Reply

Okay, Randy, thanks for clarifying. It just seems we’re getting a much weaker response at exactly the time I would’ve expected the number of posts to spike up. And with all these new players and one of our best ones holding out, too. Very strange.

9. By TMac on Aug 3, 2010 | Reply

The posts are slowing/stopping because we know there is no rhyme nor reason to what Woody and the Jets do any more….Rex says enough for the entire league, and the Sanchez love fest is annoying to say the least…Revis deserves his contract and more! The off season moves were suspect and now we are just going to sit and see what transpires. If we’re confused..what’s it like in the locker room? Sayin ain’t playin if you know what I mean.