• Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 12:15 PM - 12:45 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Jets Insider Eric Allen will report from Training Camp practice with guests Willie Colon and Rex Ryan
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will adress the media following Training Camp practice
  • Sun., Aug. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Sun., Aug. 10, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel
  • Wed., Aug. 13, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sat., Aug. 16, 2014 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

CHREBET: Rough Night in Foxboro

Posted by Wayne Chrebet on December 9, 2010 – 10:52 am

Wayne Chrebet’s 14th blog of the season for newyorkjets.com:

It’s very difficult to come up with a start to this blog. Enough has been written in the past couple days. Most articles and TV shows starting with some sort of smart*** remark: “In a matter of 60 minutes everything that had been accomplished in the first 11 games was lost.” “Season might as well be over.” “We knew they weren’t that good.” “They only beat bad teams.” “They’re lucky.” And so on and so on. It seems like people have had these comments earmarked for their first big loss.

Yes, this was a big loss. Huge, in fact. I, with a million other people across the country, saw what happened. The players and coaches are the first to say that there is no excuse for the way they played. They caught a very good team on the wrong night. I don’t think that there is a team in the league that could have beaten the Patriots Monday night. I won’t make excuses. That was one of the worst performances in recent history for the team. Good season or bad season, it ranks right up there. I played on some bad teams in the beginning of my career. We lost games in every way imaginable. We got beat one Sunday night game in the Meadowlands against the Raiders so bad that the whole stadium started cheering “Let’s Go Raiders!” No lie. It was one of my worst memories of my playing career.

Sometimes it happens. Difference is that this team is considered one of the contenders to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. That’s why it makes it that much worse. This game was built up for 11 days. And nothing. Not even a game.

Expectations have been high since last offseason. Rex put it out there that they’re going to win the Super Bowl. Fine. That’s his right to be so vocal about it. A huge bull’s-eye was put on the teams back because of that comment and comments like that that have followed since then. That’s a lot of pressure. You make a prediction, you have to make it happen. I see guys every so often with a “We’re going to win this week, I guarantee it.” Or “We’re 2-5 and we’re going to win the rest of the games and win our division”. Rah-rah. Does it happen? Rarely. Do they ever hear crap about it? No. Will Rex hear crap about it? Yes.

The original was Joe Namath and Super Bowl III. Most others are just posers looking for attention. I know a poser when I see one, and in my heart of hearts I know Rex is not one of them. Nothing has changed. The mission is still ongoing. The ship has been thrown completely off course, but there is time to right it. That phrase is uttered a lot but it still is appropriate here.

So you know, I do not know Rex, but I respect the hell out of him. I met him briefly at a golf event and our conversation consisted of “I admire you as a player” and “ I admire you as a coach.” I have had all sorts of coaches from my youth into my professional career. All kinds. In-your-face guys, X’s and O’s guys, motivators, coaches who don’t really care, complete asses, all kinds.

I read the paper, I watch the games, and I hear what people say about anything involving my Jets. Oh, this one was great: It only took three quarters before Mike Tirico said that these are the same old Jets. Real original. A 9-3 team being compared to a one-win season like in 1996.

Back to my point. If you want to see what kind of team you’re rooting for, then watch a clip of Rex’s press conference from Tuesday. He was truly humbled. So you say “Well, I would be too.” He knows how bad it was. We watched a three-hour game. That fourth quarter probably lasted a week on the sideline. I’ve been there. Not sticking up for them. Not trying to make you feel sorry for them. It’s a fact. A lot of stuff goes through your mind during that point in the game when it’s freezing out, you played like crap, you feel like crap. You think about everything. The things that your teammates and coaches will say. You even think about what the conversation will be with the guy you buy breakfast from and the guy who pumps your gas. It all stinks.

Here’s the thing. It  could only last for six days and you get to fight again. They are fighters. Rex is a fighter. Sanchez played his worst game of his career in a huge game. A lot of guys get outplayed by Tom Brady. But he’s a fighter. They’re all fighters.

So when I had to choose which way I was going to go with this blog, I keep the faith. I support my team. You probably expected that. Of course you expected that. Anyone who does differently need not be a fan.

Do I sound upset? That’s because I am. So many people jumped ship. It’s amazing. The papers are going to write what they write and the TV analysts are going to be hard on the team. That’s their right. A lot of it will be criticism. Do they deserve it? Yes. To a certain point they do. It happened. These are the facts. The Pats embarrassed us. They also kept throwing the ball up 40 points. Put that in the vault. Morale might be down. Briefly. We’re grown men, we bounce back. We look forward. Grown men don’t cry. And they’re not crying.

Here’s what’s most important. Forget predictions right now. The Jets are 9-3. They’re 9-3. They control their own destiny. They win, they’re in. Plain and simple. It could take winning all four. It could take winning one. Who knows?

Look. I don’t know what the future holds for the last four games. Can they win all four? Yes. Can they lose all four? Maybe. They beat two of them already. The Dolphins and the Bills. And they go to Chicago and Pittsburgh. The Pats play the same three but the Packers instead of Pittsburgh. Those are the facts. There are already ways that  the Jets can clinch a playoff berth by winning this week and by others losing this weekend. This is all silver-lining stuff. It’d be sick to go 13-3, make the playoffs, and not get a bye or home-field advantage but you have to be in it to win it.

Miami. Who knows what to make of them? Scary thought. They’re 1-5 at home and 5-1 on the road. Really doesn’t matter. Throw the records out. It could be 15-0 against 0-15. It’s going to be a game. They have alternated wins and losses since Week 4 and they’re coming off a loss.  So they’ll be ready. They are always ready.

It’s simple. If the Jets come out with the chip on their shoulder that they have had up until the last game, they win. They have a better team. Only glaring weak spot in the past couple of weeks is the kicking game. Going to be windy the rest of the season, need to get him back on track.

Defense and a good running game go a long way when the weather gets cold and the Jets have both of them. If Sanchez can put that game behind him, Miami has weakness in the secondary. Doesn’t hurt having one of the best receiver/tight end tandems in the league. Not sure what happened to the defense but they remain one of the best. Hate to be the Dolphins QB because I think Rex is going to release the dogs on him. Should be your typical Dolphins-Jets knock-down-drag-out fight.

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 46 Comments »

46 Responses to “CHREBET: Rough Night in Foxboro”

1. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

As always, Wayne, you give us a real inside look with no punches pulled. Your level-headed approach even chills me out a little on Rex. When the front office guys asked during interviews with him, “How is this guy not a head coach already?,” well, for me this is the year that we got at least a few unsettling answers to that question. But I’ll give him a little more time to prove he’s really the guy we need. He could go a long way toward doing that by getting rid of the guy we DON’T need, of course, and that’s Schotty. Would love to hear what you REALLY think of an OC who can’t get more than 26 1st-quarter points on the board all year with an O like ours.

2. By Hans on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Hit the nail right on the head with this one, Wayne. I anticipated these remarks that you talked about before halftime. And you’re right, there’s a big difference between this team and the team you referenced. There is no way our boys are going to let us down now. Which is why I am issuing this challenge to them: get angry, and get angry NOW! You just got embarrassed, throttled, man-handled, whatever word you want to use to describe it, that’s what happened on Monday Night. So what are you going to do? To reference Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday “We can keep feeling sorry for ourselves, OR we can fight our way back.” Be the team that I know and you know that you are capable of being. Make liars out of those haters and naysayers!

3. By Allen 0"dane on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    I don’t think I have ever seen a tougher Jet then you. The way you played this game with Heart and toughness. Can you tell me…Do you see any true leaders on both sides of the ball? I saw no leadership in NE at ALL! I think as a fan this is what bothers us the most. No one is grabbing any face masks..no one yelling on the sidelines…i saw a game with Tom Brady ripping his teamates for lackluster effort and a true leader takes command and his troops follow. Did you see Sanchez eyes? It told the whole story.

4. By sal on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I hear ya Wayne I know this wasn’t the spike game ,what bothers me more than offensive game planning is the tackling especially in the secondary, which was the strong point especially after Jenkins went down,and receivers making the catch, plus a kicker who has the potential to miss multiple PAT’s. What will right the ship is the run game and the defense stepping up. Gholston, and Taylor just not earning their pay.
    Did I mention how much I hate Mara and the Giants

5. By giovanni on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

You’re the best Wayne….Go Jets…and I hope to meet the Pats in the post season with the D up and running

6. By SuperPinkster on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

If we defeat Miami then losing to the Pats was just one game. If we lose to Miami then, in a sense, losing to the Pats was more than one game and possibly more than two.

I am curious to see if we have what it takes to do shrug off the doubt that is in our minds after being so thoroughly manhandled.

A win over Miami will be more important to this team than winning any of those close games. It will show that we can take a Rocky like beating and still get up off of the mat.

I can hardly wait for Sunday…

7. By wayne on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

We’ve seen what Jets teams have done with destiny in their own hands. That being said, i do expect them to make the POs. Rex says he’s buried this loss, it will be left to be seen that his players have as well. Also with all the bravado, and there being blood in the water now, it’s going to be ruff from here out. Rex says the reason he’s going to give the offense the ball first when team wins the coin toss is because he’s tired of hearing about it? I’m going to try and keep an open mind, but not every great DC is going to be a good HC. In fact most of them DON’T make good HCs…..Rex you need to jumpstart your ELITE level QB he doesnt get started until the 2nd half…..HE’S LATE FOR WORK JUST ABOUT EVERY SUNDAY!!!!

8. By IRA on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, Great blog and i sadly always mention that V.Joesph game as the worse ever until this week. At least you guys had an excuse because of a bad team and putting a rookie CB [QB trying to convert to CB] on T.Brown. Lets see what they are made of and see how they bounce back this week. Trouble is if the Jets win out and the Pats only lose 1 game and they both finish 13-3 unless the Pats lose to Buff or Mia they beat the Jets in every tie breaker for the AFC East Title. Sure you have to be in it but IF they don’t win the division this year is a HUGE disapointment.

9. By Jeff on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I must admit that I was one of the people who said “Same Jets” but added, “different team”. I was upset as I had stuck up for the Jets those 11 days on Pats forums, our forums, facebook, and at work (which is outside of Philly) so I took a lot of slag for doing so. And I do mean A LOT.

Yesetrday I put on my Jets shirt and wore it proud and said to those nay-sayers…”It was only one game and we’re still in it”
    Jets will beat Miami. Guaranteed

10. By Lance J on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne….who better than you to state the lack of mental toughness and fight that this team showed on national tv. Everyone had to see this coming though. They have been muddling through mediocre competition and it wasnt a big deal as they had the league best record at 9-2. Belcheck and Brady were not going to just pass the toerch to the jets cause they say so. they cam out and said we will fight to the death and if you beat us again – then congratulations. But I think everyone needs to calm down their venomous passion and relax. This game will be the ultimate wake call that they need. They will respond starting this week against the Fish. Want to eliminate the Same Old jets statements – then “Get it Done”. Starts this Sunday

11. By Scott on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    I appreciate you thoughts. It is very hard to be critical of a 9 and 3 Jets team. I am a huge JETS Fan. I never leave the house without a piece of Jets Merchandise. I am a season ticket holder. I support the team and pay the bills. We have every right to be upset at Monday Nights performance. We have no right to jump off the bandwagon and not support our team though. I will support this team until my end!
    It is really hard to listen to our coaches and players talk about the Superbowl and winning the division and making promises of beating teams and then go out and preform they way they did. (or not preform) If this is a Superbowl team as Rex wrote on the side of the ESPN RV then you need to win big divisional games.

12. By ricky infante on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

THANK YOU Thank you thank you Wayne Chrebet,i am so glad that a professional and someone who has ben there is saying what I and so many others are thinking. theses new york jets are most deffinetally a good team; the way i am looking at it is they are learning how to close out games and all of there mistakes and bad habbits got exposed on monday night. this doesnt mean they are a bad team I expect to see them in th playoff’s and to see the patriots again.

13. By IRA on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Scott, Way to go man same here.
    GO JETS!!!!!!

14. By billy lamachine hayes on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

GREAT INSIGHT WAYNE!!! it wasnt our night.we move on to sunday at 9-3.in my 40yrs as JET fan i seen alot of losses.i love my jets win or lose.period.this is a good team that had a bad night.once again mike tice proves he not god at something elsee.he captained the vikings LOVE BOAT.he got caught scalping tickets. and now he compares the 9-3 jets to the terrible jet teams of the past.they’re not the SOJ.our jet team will put this game behind them and get ready for the fish.i wouldnt want want to be fish QB on sunday.i PROUDLY put my 80 jersey on tuesday morning.i heard it from everyone.I DONT CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT OUR JETS.IM PROUD OF OUR JETS AND IM PROUD OF number 80- WAYNE CHREBET!80 shouldve been retired already mr.johnson.

15. By paul pgfig01 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

First, I want to Thank you Wayne Chrebet. 1. For being the voice of the true Jets fan. 2 For playing with heart all those tough years. 3. For giving depressed fans a silver lining. I was fortunate enough to have watched the other MNF match when I was 14 or so and I never forgot about it. I had a sick felling before the game, I had stopped following the internet concerning anything Jets related, There was to much pressure build up and all that matter was what was going to happen game time. So when I find out Jim Leonard was injured my heart sank. I new NE and Brady were going to exploit that the first chance they got and right away Eric Smith gets the penalty. From that point on I watched reliving my youth that MNF game in 86 and thought SOJ

16. By Andy on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, this was a great article! Keep up the good work always!

17. By paul pgfig01 on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Continued, Every Jets fan knows SOJ stands for. I have been tortured for years heck I became a Giants fan out of pure frustration. But I always want my Jets to be there instead. I want to remind fair whether fans that we can put a Jets jersey on or off and not have to deal with the stigma. How do you think the coaches,players and owner, must fell they cant hide or take off their jersey they have to live with this for the rest of their lives, I get a choice stop being a fan or support your team no matter what so I want to thank you Chrebert for the reminder their 9-3 and control their destiny so I am not giving up hope to see them make a sowing in the SB. I hope the Jets prove everyone wrong I will be the first to wear my Jets gear. Go JETS

18. By Jerry Gordon on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I could not have written it any better. You are one of the best that has played this game of football. Illegitimi non carborundum – The BOO BIRDS will always take you down if you let them. One does not have to be a genious and see the success of a 9/3 team. We will prevail. LETS GO J E T S.

19. By Rick Del Vecchio on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

These are not, “The Same Old Jets!” . We are a team with 9 wins. We are team that has a young 2nd year QB with a bright future. We have a coach that truly believes in his team. I am proud of this Jets team. We are a team loaded with talent and we have yet to hit our stride. Our Jets have a solid foundation and will be a fantastic team for years to come.

When I see all of these supposed “Jets Fans” jumping ship after a bad loss. I do not say to my self “Same Old Jets”, I think “Same Old Fans.” People grow up and enjoy the season.

The New York Jets are a 9-3 team led by a Second yeard QB coming off what was simply a bad game. All teams have them.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

20. By Jack's Tattoos on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I can see your passion is still strong in your words. Wayne Chrebet, a true jet. I look forward to your #80 being retired and when you join the ring of honor..well desserved. The Green Lantern!

21. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Ira, I really think you gotta stop with this “anything less than winning the division is a HUGE disappointment” jive. Right now we look like the worst 9-3 team I’ve ever seen, we not only lose to good teams, we collapse entirely against them. I can’t see thinking any further than getting into the playoffs and not embarrassing ourselves, after that I’ll worry about what’s a disappointment or not. And of course, the more you say that stuff, the less likely the front office is to take a sane, long-term approach to building a team — and the more likely they are in the off-season to, say, cut Taylor and sign Haynesworth.

22. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne I hear the truth in your words I know you lived though hard times and horrible loses here in Jet land, yet you never quit till the bell rang wish I could say the same about some here looking and laying blame square on the wrong people .. I’m hoping they the Jet players and coaches just had a bad game and YES TOM some blame go’s to coaching but 90% go’s to lack of disipline and execution by players .. So now with that said let me ask the whole football reading writing watching world 22-9 there abouts 70% win to lose a bad record for a Jet team in 1-1/3 seasons yes Rex and Schotty have been directly involved in how come the blame the coach Blankity blankity Fans don’t step up or man up and give credit were credit is do .. all I hear

23. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Cont. all I hear is my guy S-H is the MVP SB reciever my guy M-S is not at fault my guy B-E is great so on and so forth bah bah bah I have a word for you guys but I’ll reframe from using it not once did I hear a good word or credit to Schotty or Rex on any of the advancement or good they’ve bought to NY in getting them to AFC champ game last year and a 9-3 record this year ..I like all of the above good and bad and will say the good and the bad from every one Thats the way I see it be ashamed be very ashamed GO JETS GO JETS GO JETS PLAYERS AND COACHES GO GO GO MY TEAM till I DIE

24. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

The wins you cite are how Rex has improved the team over Mangini, MJV. The stagnant offense is the same one with had with Mangini and Schotty, except for a few wild weeks with Favre. The idea is to be ahead of the curve, which us fans haven’t always been. We were thrilled with last-second comebacks against bad teams and we didn’t want to sound like spoilsports by asking questions about the lousy coaching and execution. So now the NE game makes is impossible not to ask those questions and I think that’s good. I don’t wanna lose 20-3 to KC in a first-round playoff game and still be wondering how the heck we never got the O off the ground this year.

25. By The Boy Who Cried.. on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

The Jets have always been The Unfathomables.. We used to lose games we shouldn’t have and win games we never thought we could.. And yet I didn’t feel that Monday Night.. I thought we’d win. I was devasted, depressed, pretty much in shock.. I had nightmares about this reality and how good NE is/was/w and yet this game was not unfathomable.. Wayne said it, “Nobody in the league would’ve beaten NE” Brady simply showed that he is the best QB of all time.. He did not have Jerry Rice.. No Warfield.. Moss, Irvin, Carter, TO or Harrison etc.. He had two rookie TE’s, an undrafted RB, and a 31 yo 5’9″.. Belichik is the master of breaking down film and knowing how to game plan.. I’m still a fan, but my dream is over (for now).. Until we evolve..

26. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,

We have no reason to hide. We took it on the chin…OK..it happens. I was at the game with Husk and we knew it wasn’t our night, right from the start Dexter said” Gramps. we ain’t got it.” …Still 9-3 though. We’ll run the table though. Like Husk says: ” Don’t tell me it’s cloudy when the Elms are blooming.”
    We were blown out once at State against East Central Michigan and on the next game gave them a spanking 52-6. Can’t blame anyone for the debacle…it happened. I taped the game if you need it. GO JETS..God Bless…Scrappy.

27. By Ray on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

“It’s not about how hard you could hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward”(rocky balboa) we’ll beat maimi, I don’t see why everyone’s forgetting we beat NE earlier in the season, along with 8 other NFL team’s (not college teams…). It was one bad and gut wrenching game, but were still playoff contenders and in my opinion Superbowl contenders(oh please, oh please…I’ve gone through many years of heartbreak -this year is the one!)

28. By D. J. Olsen on Dec 9, 2010 | Reply

I have a great deal of respect for you as a football player and a blogger. I read your blog everyweek. The insight you provide is priceless. I’ve been a fan of our team since before SB3. I suffered the ups and downs but they are my team and I will not give up on them. I believe in Rex and whether we get there or not, I will not stop believing in him and the team. Just ask Cade about Mr. O.

29. By Tom Spicer on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

64 TOM, I usually agree with the stuff you say but this time I have to disagree I want no part of Albet Haybnesworth on this team.

30. By Gmany3k on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Wayne , Nice read well written but answer me this how do you lay an egg
    correction how do you lay a Dosen eggs in the biggest game up til now.
    Do players and coaches practice this style of play ? Were the Jets asked to lay down and give the pats a victory ? sure looks that way .

31. By sammytbull on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,great blogg as always. when my 7 seven year old was pouting with disapointmnt during the game, I told him that it’s not how hard you get hit or get knocked down, but how fast yo get up as did the greatest Jet of all time #80.

32. By Jeff on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Very well written. But the refs loved the pats that game, Many holds that game were not called but small touches on us were. What to do, kick the crap out of the Fins’ to make us feel better. Wish you were still playing.

33. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Spicer, I DON’T WANT HAYNESWORTH! I meant there are going to be Jets fans who’ll say let’s sign him, he’s what we need on D, instead of drafting guys and sticking with them. He’s exactly what we DON’T need on O, D, or anywhere else, old, overrated, overpaid guys. Hell, I’m amazed anyone on this site even talks about Jenkins coming back, he’s a nice guy but he’s completely done and we shouldn’t even be thinking about him.

34. By John on Dec 10, 2010 | Reply

Thanks for the blogg. Love it.
    My beef is with the play calling of Shotty.
    Example – EVERY time we pass on 1st down and there is an incompletion, Shotty calls for a hand off and every team knows it. I have to laugh every time this happens. With the weapons we have, we should be getting a lot more points. That goes back to Shotty’s play selections. Also, even if we kept Woodhead, Shotty would never have used him anyway.
    New England puts their young players in. If they do well, they play. If they don’t, they r gone.
    Put Gholston in more. We have no pass rush anyway. Maybe he will get a sack or 2.
    Be Well

35. By ViggenJetsMan on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

hey Wayne,

As a lifelong Jets fan who will continue to bleed green’n’white even after the Good Lord issues me my final PCS orders and calls me home, I send a huge and Loud “SEMPER PARATUS!!!” to you on this.

You express exactly how I and all other true, never-say-die Jets fans feel. And I know you’ve heard it a 100 thousand times before, Wayne, but that’s why we love ya – you are one of us, and when you were on the field, we were all there with you.

I wish I were 30 years younger, I’d go into that locker room, pick up my fellow teammates and proceed to knock the SNOT out of anybody that tried to stop my guys!

The Victor is not He who remains standing, but He who gets back up and is more Relentless than before.

36. By Neal G on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Is it me or having the ref’s made it unbearable to watch football this season? The Calvin Johnson play first week, holy crap. The Jets first week Kyle Wilson can do no right… All this hitting a defenseless receiver crap, like they called on Coleman against T.O… Honestly anyone who’s ever played knows it’s like driving in New Jersey or New York if they want to give you a ticket/flag there is an infraction on every play/drive… There’s holding EVERY play, hand checking EVERY play, if your not allowed to hit, which based on the end of the Bears-Lions game, you can’t, then what the hell are we watching? The amount of calls bad calls or good ones is ridiculous let ‘em play!!!

37. By charlie manos on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    I was waiting patiently for thi weeks blog to see how u would disect this game.I know your blogs are all from the heart but this one was one of the best.One of your longest by far which tells me it hit the heart.I thought u were going to start out by saying well thank god no one got hurt. As jet fans we are the grittest fans in the league. ny fans are also probebly the smartest in the league as well. we have been here before and we know how to pick ourselves up dust off and fight on. i am proud to be a jet fan, always have always will. It doesnt mean i will agree with the orginazation on everything but you stay loyal.my problem is the oc. shotty must go.he killed pennington and when penn went to miami and looked like god..byeshotty

38. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    I have to agree with John. Shotty’s play calling is at least shoddy (heh heh heh).really, We need to utilize our wides and tights. BM at State was a genius at the off cut through and got us 12 yards a catch. I’ve sent State’s plays to Shotty and he never looks at them. Granted, they were from the 60’s, but the game is still the game. Like Husk says: ” Sunny days aren’t so sunny when you look at the sky through a soda bottle.” Go Jets!…God Bless…Scrappy.

39. By Bleeds green and white on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, glad to hear somebody else saying the same thing I have since Tuesday. This team is resilient and it has heart. They’re going to come out with a chip on their shoulder, and they’re going to want to get the taste of that game out of their mouths. Although they shouldn’t have to apologize for being 9-3, they’re going to want to prove to everyone that they deserve to be at that record. No disrepect to the Dolphins, but we’ve got the better team, and I expect us to be especially motivated to prove it. I really wouldn’t want to be the Dolphins coming in to Jets Stadium this Sunday.

40. By Bleeds green and white on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

We have great team chemistry, and Haynesworth would poison it. Pouha is doing a great job, and if Jenkins can stay healthy and get the weight down a little to take some of the pressure off his legs, we’ve already got a guy that’s as good or better than Haynesworth. Plus his salary is outrageous and would kill our salary cap next year. Don’t need him, don’t want him.

41. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 11, 2010 | Reply

Scrappy, “we need to utilize our wides and tights” says it all, it’s unbelievable to me that Schotty can’t teach Sanchez how to do that in almost 2 yrs. Then again, as Charlie Manos says, while Schotty coasts on his rep for grooming Brees and Rivers, he hasn’t done all that well with QBs on the Jets. Bleeds green…, I’m happy to see that even a joke about Jets fans wanting to put their faith in another overpaid, overrated has-been like Haynesworth strikes mortal fear into people on this site. We don’t need him or anyone like him, we need more young guys like Pouha and DeVito. We also don’t need to pay Jenks another dime, he’s had a great career but he’s not coming back after two injuries like that.

42. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    My disappointment is coming through my pores like a Sunday morning hangover from bad hooch. What Sal Alosi did is unforgivable. Cou;d have hurt the young man. Reminds me of a game we had at State against East Central Morganville State. After a great pep talk from Zeke Bratkowski, Husk was tropped by Morganvilles towel and water boy pitting him out for six weeks with a herniated ankle. No room in the game for this We Jets are better than that. We’ll win big next week on the way to post season. God Bless…Scrappy.

43. By HUSK SPITOON on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

SCRAPPY U DON T KNOW WHAT U R TALKIN ABOUT, WAYNE TELL U R FRIEND WE DONT USE PLAYERS FROM THE 60’S I THINK THE GAME HAS CHANGED IN 50 YEARS, U GENIUS. WAYNE WE NEED U CONTROL HOW THE COACHES TRIP OTHER PLAYER OR IS IT A PLAY FROM TRE 60’S.
    GET IT SCRAPPY!!!!!! ON A SERIOUS NOTE WE NEED CHAD PENNINGTON FOR O C. SHOTTY IS SHOT!!! HELP !!!
    P.S. WHY DIDNT THEY USE THE WING LEFT PROJECTION REVERSE ON THIRD DOWN, LIKE MULDOON USE IN WISCONSIN!!!! GO BADGERS,
    GO JETS! JETS ! JETS!
    CHREBET IS THE GREATEST. THE JETS FUTURE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!!

44. By HUSK SPITOON on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

I Got a question for LaMachine , can receivers use the sticky glue like on the beer comercial on rainy days!!! Please get in touch with Joe Willy, he needs to sit down with Sanchez for a couple of hours.Our QB looks a scared, doesn’t he?

45. By billy lamachine hayes on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

to answer your husk,yes,sticky beers cans is something scrappy muldoon knows. it sound like scrappy fell on his head drinking hooch.in the the words of joe willy,rainy days and sticky beer always get me down. go jets j e t s jets jets jets

46. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 13, 2010 | Reply

Once again the fake Husk reveals that his knowledge of football can fit in a thimble. Must be drinking the hooch again. Wayne, my point was that the plays we had at State would fit into the Jets’ game plan. Like Husk (the real one) always says: ” Bott;es of cheap perfume don’t add up to the finish line.” True words. This Spotoon character seems to be from a mental ward. His grasp of the language is only matched by his knowledge of the game. None. Well, off to Pitt for a sure win. Go #80 GO JETS!!! God Bless….Scrappy.