• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Replay Jets Open Mic on SNY Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences
  • Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game

CHREBET: How About Those Jets?

Posted by Wayne Chrebet on December 23, 2010 – 9:05 am

Wayne Chrebet’s 16th blog of the season for newyorkjets.com:

Huge win on the road in a place that we’ve never won before. A lot of questions got answered from this win:

1. Can the Jets win on the road in a hostile environment?

2. Can they do it vs. a good team?

3. Can they bounce back after two tough losses?

4. Can Sanchez play in a pressure game, and can he do it in tough weather conditions?

5. Can Schottenheimer get the offense rolling like earlier in the year?

The answer is “yes” to all these questions.

Love the naked bootleg on Sanchez’s touchdown and the direct snap to Tomlinson. Pittsburgh didn’t give this game away. They played good football. The Jets earned this one — offense, defense, and special teams.

I sure hope that Brad Smith gets a chance to go to the Pro Bowl. I think he deserves it. What a way to start a game like this one. Another big factor was the punter, Steve Weatherford. He did a great job. His punt in the fourth quarter put the Steelers inside their 5-yard line. That enabled the Jets to get the safety on them, which was huge because then the Steelers had to get a touchdown instead of a field goal.

It looked like the old Jason Taylor on that safety. He looked like he got shot out of a cannon and he just ragdolled the running back. Great play.

The defense played a good game. It was nerve-wracking at the end but they made the plays when they needed to. It’s tough when you’re only rushing three guys and dropping eight into coverage. Giving a quarterback like Ben that much time is tough to stop. Whether you felt the Jets should have blitzed or played coverage doesn’t matter. The end result is what matters. Two plays on the 10-yard line with 9 seconds left. I’ve said it a couple of times this year. These are the games that we didn’t win in the past. These coaches and players are tough, they welcome the challenge. Of course everybody would have liked the defense to stop them before they got downfield but you have to admit, that last 9 seconds was exciting. Nailbiting, but exciting.

So the defense has had to make the play to the win the game on the last play as had the offense. You can’t put a value on having already been in that situation and succeeding going into the playoffs. Maybe I’m jumping the gun but all the Jets have to do is win one game or Jacksonville or the Colts need to lose one. I don’t care who those two teams are playing. You want to win your way into the playoffs and I believe they will.

Chicago would be a great place to do it this week. Another playoff-caliber team — they already clinched their division Monday night — and another hostile environment. Even though the Bears manhandled the Vikings, they are still a beatable team. Cutler is a pretty good quarterback but will throw his share of picks. He has a great arm. Their defense is stacked. The addition of Julius Peppers has made everybody on their defensive unit better. He draws a lot of attention and makes a ton of plays.

The key — the big key — to the game is controlling Devin Hester. Statistically he is the best return man to play the game. At any given time he can score. Punt, kickoff, and now he plays offense. Scary thought. I know Coach Westhoff will have something special for him.

I checked the weather for this week. Snow every day this week and low 20s Sunday. And the wind whips through that stadium. Going to be another hard-hitting game. A great one to watch.

To everybody who reads this blog, Happy Holidays to you and yours. I read and appreciate all your comments every week and just wanted to say I’m glad you like it and I’m looking forward to continuing it well into January. Go Jets!

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 59 Comments »

59 Responses to “CHREBET: How About Those Jets?”

1. By sal on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

The only reason why I thought they had a chance is that they were on the road,even w/ past history in Pittsburgh. Got to tighten up the pass rush, more so the tackling in the secondary

2. By Darrell on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Happy Holidays to you and yours, too, Wayne.

Go Jets!

3. By John Leston on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Love reading your blog Wayne. It’s great to see a true Jet that still truly cares about the team after his playing days have come to an end. You will always be my favorite Jet.

4. By IRA on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    Winning in Pitt last week to me was similar to when you guys had to have a must win in NE after the Chi loss in 02. Even tougher because Pitt is much better than that 02 Pats team.
    Totally agree about Hester. The Bears can’t protect Cutler and the Jets should be able to get to him and force him into some mistakes and just maybe we get a few picks this week. They are due for some for sure. Still can’t believe they only have 7 for the year. The D has to give the Jets some good field position and a short field this week.
    One thing i am very concerned about is Pitt showed you can run outside on the Jets. Hope they get them fixed in practice this week
    Wayne, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

5. By Debbie on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Happy Holidays to you and yours as well Wayne.

I look forward to reading your blog posts every Thursday. You were my favorite Jet growing and I’m glad to see that you are still keeping up with the team and you are doing a fabulous job.

6. By Jack on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I really do like ready your articles Wayne and its good to see you in my section during the game especially during those cold conditions this month. I thought over all the boys played well, but what I hope to see Sunday is more of a pass rush and not to many running lanes for the QB. This passed game I think if Ben was more mobile he could have run when the outside rushers were going up field and no one was filling in those gaps leaving wide open lanes. What do you think? Good holidays to you and yours!

7. By Gerry on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Big fan of Wayne Chrebet. Can you imagine if he was playing now!!?? Wouldn’t that be great! Oh well! To all the Jet and non Jet files I wish you all a very happy, and very safe Holiday!

Go Jets! All the way to the BIG ONE!!!

8. By bob sharp on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Great job Wayne, my son and I look forward to your articles. I read your book about a year ago and just bought my son a copy for Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family. J E T S JETS JETS JETS

9. By Mickey on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Have enjoyed reading your take each week. It’s been exciting to watch this team play week after week. Even though they keep me on the edge of my seat. Now we have to go to Chicago and beat down the Bears. With good play calling from Schotty, stopping Hester and getting to Cutler to keep him off balance it should be another great game. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Let’s Go JETS!

10. By LeAnna on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I have been a die hard fan for the past 20 years and a season ticket holder. I still have your jersey and wear it proudly. We miss you Wayne. Good to see that you are keeping your fingers on the pulse of your old team. As Greg Buttle told me when I met him, once a Jet, always a Jet. Start in Green & White and leave in Green & White. We’ve got the Bears covered! J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets. Wishing you and yours a very Happy & Healthy Holiday Season.

11. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,

As usual, great insight. I’m a little concerned with Sanchez’ shoulder tear, but he’s a trooper and says he’s fine. A real trooper. Jumpin gee hosifats…he could have played at State! Tough guy that Sanchez. Reminds me of Ray Nash one tough cookie too. We’ll beat the Bears because it’s kismet. Like Husk always says: “A donut without a hole os just a danish.”…God bless…Scrappy.

12. By Bob G on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Great column Wayne! Look forward to reading it.Jets have to keep the pressure up on Cutler. Win and we are in.

Happy Holidays to you and your family. Wearing my #80 jersey for good luck this weekend.

13. By Gmany3k on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

I’d bet the words rolled out like a ball point pen on this weeks blog Wayne .
    Its nice that you finally let us know you are reading our comments . A positive in this game is I think the defense may be more effective verses Cutler because he is not going to present us with the style of Big Ben extending the play. I watched the NFLN replay and it was nice to see Coach Braylon Edwards encourage Rex to go for it something I espoused this year, letting the players call plays that they feel will be effective in game situations because they will have their heart into that play and it worked.

14. By billy"la machine" hayes on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

wayne,im hope ur blogging in february.if youre not,that means jets came up short.that question hasnt been answered since 1969.back then,nixon was president,troops were fighting in vietnam.the loveable losers were about to become the amazing mets.horace clarke was a yankee,t.v,’s only had a few channels,if you were fortunate,it was a color t.v.,no cell phones,no answering machines,no computers.house phones were property of telephone company.this year santa,i want wayne chrebet blogging in feb.lets answer that question too jets!!THANK YOU SANTA!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family wayne!! and happy holidays too everyone on the website!!!! WAYNE YOU DA MAN!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAB

15. By BayShoreJohnny on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Good blog Wayne. Your exactly right. We are winning the games we used to lose. Is Rex the first coach not to believe the “same old Jets” tag? Although he was just a kid at the time, Rex is the first person to coach the Jets that experienced the Super Bowl Jets attitude. He was in the “Champions ” locker room. He absorbed that attitude of “we are gunna win, Guaranteed”. NY sports was amazing in those days. Mets, Knicks, As a kid I figured it would always be like that…..40 years later…..GO JETS!!!

16. By Mike C on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Love reading your blogs, Wayne. #80 is still…THE BEST!!!
    Merry Christmas to you and the Jets, and all your families.
    Thanks for a great season so far… and the hope for a greater New Year!

17. By scjoe on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, I think the Jets proved they can win on the road prior to the game in Pit. I think they have proved that over the past few years, maybe more, and the fact they had not won in Pittsburgh before actually meant nothing. This upcoming game vs the Bears will be another big game, the Bears are a good team, not an elite one, it will be yet another close game and if the Jets can execute on the field like they did in Pittsburgh they can win this game easily. I don’t want to see Shotty wear out those short 1st down passes, but I sure hope he has them in the mix again this week, they are just as effective as a run, but much less predictable.

18. By Ben Spierenburg on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Amazing win on the road, I must admit I was starting to think we would never win in Pittsburgh. Also very happy to see the offense back on track.

Enjoy your blog sir, I love getting your perspective on all this. It’s impossible as a fan to understand what its really like for these guys.

Happy Holidays!

19. By Bobby N on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

wayne, i’ve been loving your blog all year. almost as much as i loved watching you make clutch third conversions week in and week out. appreciate the input and have a great holiday season.

20. By Colleen_Island on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Merry Christmas to you and your family Wayne!!!

21. By Chris Mitro on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne – Happy holidays to you as well. I really enjoy reading the blog. Good luck in 2011 with all your endeavors. Go Jets!

– CM

22. By Erik Manassy on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

We absolutely need to keep that ball away from Devin Hester. I’m glad we have Weatherford who is having an absolutely great year. We should see a lot of punts going out of bounds.

Happy Holiday to you as well Wayne! Love your bog posts and you need to get on Twitter!!

23. By Pranit on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Chicago is a tough place to play…but hopefully thats what they are thinking about the JETS ….go Jets !

24. By Ed in Tucson on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Glad to hear that you’ll keep the blog going well int January, thanks & happy holidays to you & yours.
    I agree almost entirely with your analysis of the last game. The Jury is still out on how well the O is rolling. Loved the bootleg & the snap to LT. I wish Schotty had called a similar play instead of a pass on 3rd & 3 in the last Jets’ possession; the incomplete pass was like giving the Steelers a free timeout & extra possession. A 1st down there would have sealed the game. Not to mention the illegal man downfield penalty that was called. That doesn’t happen on a run. I’d like to see Keller or Brad Smith, put in motion from the slot, take a direct snap & run around end on 3rd & short yardage. The chains would move.

25. By Bear Fan on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

We all sure will be seeing alot of punts kicked out of bounds bc Jets Offense, not very good to say the least guys… take notes NYJ D, bc a real DEFENSE is going to emBEARass the J E T S. No playoff clinching for you guys this sunday. Sorry… :'(

26. By AL MANNING"jackson" on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

MERRY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! THE CHREBET FAMILY THE BEST CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!!!
    I have a bet with the old timers if the JETs win by two touchdowns this weekend, they have to Christmas carol Painted green like Jets xmas trees around the neighborhood by State.
    I say they win by 3 or 4 pts. If I loose,at the next Jets game I have to pay the bar tab,
    Lets go Jets Beat the Bears. Merry New Year hahahahha

27. By Alex Acevedo on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,
    Thanks for the article and great comments. I became a Jets fan watching you in high school and have loved them since. Keep up the good work and GO JETS!

28. By billy"la machine" hayes on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

to bear fan DIE SIR!! GET IN THE COFFIN!!

29. By Lance J on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne…..Merry christmas and happy holidays. Huge win for the Jets last week. Season saving win. Says a lot about the teams character to go into Pitt and pull out a win. Game was 17-10 Pitt in the 3rd Qtr. Jets scored 12 unanswered points and Pitt failed to score again. The Bears game is similar to the Pitt game in a lot of ways. Good Defense, Decent Offense – cant let the QB beat you. We can get to Cutler as the Bear O-line is not good. I expect lots of disguised blitz pacakages. Keep control of Hester and please do not punt to the guy. I believe the Jets continue with the momentum from the win in Pitt and win in soldier Field. We clinch a playoff spot and begin with the next phase of the teams success.

30. By AL MANNING"jackson" on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne me and my Dad loved you as a WR for the Jets.
    God rest his soul. I know I always talk about POPPPA Al Lewis.
    One day I hope you and one of the GUys on the blog came come out to Jackson and hang out by the pool at my house.I will hope to meet my idle one day>
    Chrebet is Da Man GO jets Jets Jets!!!!!!!

31. By josh schoenbrun on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

i love you wayne!!!! i wiish u could come back and i love reading ur blogs every week

32. By Jeff on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne another good article. You know on the Jets forum we had a blog going on our favorite plays and I didn’t even think about the punt from Weatherford which enabled the safety, which also left Steelers no choice but to score a TD, in which they did not :)

Happy Holidays to you AND yours too.

33. By Catherine on Dec 23, 2010 | Reply

Wayne Chrebet you are and will ALWAYS be my FAVORITE Jet. Since your first season, I had to have a jersey specially made with your number! I miss having you there to watch catch that pass every sunday and wish that you could be there with them again. I really hope they make it All the Way this year!! You think thats possible?? I sure hope so! SuperBowl falls on my birthday this year! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! Lets Go Boys!! You CAN do it!!! Believe, play your HEART out and it WILL happen!!!
    Happy Holidays to all!

34. By Jake on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Mr. Chrebet, I grew up watching and idolizing you and you’re my hero. Great insight into the Jets team this year, and from all Jet fans we appreciate the hard work you put into our team. Go Jets!

35. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,

A little upset that La Machine could tell someone to DIE SIIR during the Christmas season. Not good for the blog. Tarnation, that man needs help. From what I’ve read, he seems like a stalker. Might need help. God bless….Scrappy.

36. By J.Z. on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

merry Christmas to the chrebbet family
    i wonder if brunell can play. if Sanchez doesn’t get the nod.he did look better than Sanchez in preseason, he has been to more pro bowls than Sanchez.what ever the jets do they must not kick the ball to devin Hester.i think cutler will be in the Christmas spirit of giving ints to the hungry jets.
    keep up the good work wayne.GO JETS JETS JETS!!

37. By "bulldozer" mcginty on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

wayne,jets are goona blitzcreek the devil out of those cubs on sunday.we wont be keepin the apple pies waiting.enjoy christmas wayne.im sure ill be seeing you at the log cabin in chicago. and mr.manning jackson,i agree with you and your dad,wayne was the greatest.he could bury the squirrel before the nut.enjoy your holiday also,maybe i’ll see you at state’s pool party at your house. be prepared,bulldozer

38. By charlie manos on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, isnt it easier to write about a win then a loss. Most importantly may your family have a wonderful healthy christmas and new year!! Iam definately concerned about sanchez’ shoulder. with all the parity in the league i expect the healthiest teams to go far. jay does throw picks so iam hoping our team doesnt turn it over. we do need a receiver that sanchez can be consistent with. a vinny wayne chemistry…hope to see u in dallas….

39. By Walt on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Ah- The life of a Jet fan- just when you think they are on the brink of failure they bounce back with a tough win. It’s great and nerve wracking at the same time. Nice to see Taylor play a big game and Braylon made some tough catches over the middle. We ran the ball a little bit better although you can’t run well on the steelers. Well- The Jets are not the Vikings- They will show up this sunday and I see a similar type game- 21-17 Jets.. Just make sure we don’t have a Giant kicker breakdown and keep the ball away from Hester.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

40. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Wayne another good piece keep them coming, I agree with most of what you said great effort from every one players coaches big win on the road whole enchilada .. with all the love going around I hate to be the one, 2 things wayne our Defence letting Ben pass their team to the 10 yard line with little effort and Steelers TE had the ball in his hands in the end zone untouched he flat out dropped it for the win we need to tighten it up please GO JETS

41. By Mike Jet Vet on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Merry Chistmas or happy Holidays to Randy- E-A- Wayne-C all our great Fans and happy new year

42. By Randy Lange on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Mike Jet Vet, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and all the Radar readers and commenters from us here at newyorkjets.com.

43. By Larry on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Spoken like a true JET. Whenever I wear your Jersy here at home in Californial, we usually win. Except for the weather, wish we lived closer so we could go to some games. Keep writing this blog, it is great insite for true fans. It would be nice to win in Chicago and shut up some more non-believers. Can’t believe how many people come down on the JETS.
    Happy holidays

44. By Joe B on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Merry Christmas JETS Fans. I see it this way, as many of you do, special teams (keeping the ball out of DH hands,and the JETS making plays) and forcing Cutler to turn the ball over. We should expect a close game, but the JETS are better, they should win. By the way, any one watch the replay of the JETS VS Steelers on NFL network, so much respect for LT, pumping up the players like he did, and believe it or not Braylon Edwards convinced Rex to go for it on the 4th and 1 bootleg.. Wayne your blogs have been great all year, glad to see you read the comments, to all of JETS Nation, Merry Christmas.. Go JETS. beat da Bears..

45. By Mike on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,

You are en excellent writer. I love your description of Taylor’s sack.
    “Ragdolled” is perfect, I laughed out loud.

I will always be a fan of “The Flashlight” .

Go Jets and Merry Christmas Wayne.

46. By Al Manning"jackson" on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

I know that La Machine is a sports genius. Just from his past posts.
    Scrappy he didin’t mean die in a bad way.Merry New year NY JETS

47. By ALJetsFan on Dec 24, 2010 | Reply

Boy, I miss seeing you on that field playing, you were tough as nails! The way I see it, it all comes down to wins; who cares if it’s by one point. I love this team win or lose. The Jets have a knack of making games exciting, I remember that famous Monday night game which you were part of; you got that critical third down then Jumbo got that TD talk about nail-biter. Wayne, the only thing that worries me is that the “O” is not putting up enough points; against a team like the Colts that’s going to be an issue. However, this win made my son who is in Afghanistan very happy that boy loves his Jets! Wayne, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

48. By dan on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

The jets should consider promoting you to the sidelines to replace SSL as the get back coach.(if your up to it) your passion and leadership couldn’t hurt. Jones-drew maybe out for this Sundays game which would help us if we don’t take care of business which I think we will but just saying. Happy holidays Wayne.

49. By Lou on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

first of all…i must say thank you and Merry christmas as i awoke this Christmas morning to a football encasement with a signed ball you ahd given a friend of a friend through our boys baseball connections from neighboring town, so thanks to you Wayne, I felt like a kid again on chirstmas morning.

I also will tell you that i enjoy your blogs and insight, and wish all th teams had players who played with teh passion you had on every down while you were playing, whcih still comes across now in these blogs.

Last, i am glad Sanchez will go, but they must protect him tomorrw, and use Lt and Greene and Keller to keep Bears d off balance..Go Jets and Merry Christmas!

50. By Lisa on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Agree with everything Wayne said, great win for Jets even though they gave us a heart attack at the end, way to bring an end to the curse of the “same old Jets”!!!

Wayne you are one of my favorite Jets players, miss you so much, loved your great determination and enthusiasm on the field, your years on the field were cut way too short, hope all is well with you and your family, Merry Christmas!!!

51. By nickylats on Dec 25, 2010 | Reply

Wayne, as again right on with the blog. Thanks for the autographed blanket at the Miami game. I also won your football afterward. Keep up the good work!

52. By Jimmer on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

I’m sure 50yrs from now we’ll still see #80’s in the stands. I refuse to even wash mine. I can’t find a solution for my o’donnell jersey. Need I find an exorcist? I’ll keep my Boomer and Martin till the end of time. But I can’t throw a Jersey away, no matter what.

53. By NYGirl on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

La Machine: You said “die sir..get in the coffin” to a Bears fan? How sick is that? I’ve been a Jets fan for 30 years, saw them play at Shea, and I would never say that to the opposing team fans. Have some manners, this is a public forum. And, for the record, anyone who can say that to someone is NOT a sports genius. A true genius wouldnt say that. Happy holidays to all

54. By BillsJets on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

What makes the Patriots so good this year – They have a team of receivers all like Wayne Chrebet. It’s too bad our receivers don’t play with the heart that Wayne played with. Just don’t catch one pass or one TD pass and think that your day is over, play like Wayne played and if you all did the Jets could have gone this season undefeated. Go Jets!!!

55. By Mike M on Dec 26, 2010 | Reply

Wayne – you’re the best! When you left the game it was a little bit less for me. It is great to know that you still care and take an interest in the Jets. How about some TV time as a commentator? We all miss you.

56. By Steve on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Wayne :

In respect to our Qb { sanchez ] , just to be on the safe , should the jets go with mark bruunell vs the bills I like Brunell he reminds of pat ryan .

Steve ………

57. By Bob "Scrappy" Muldoon on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Wayne,

Where in thundering tarnation was our defense? They looked like the practise squad from State! Wish Husk and I could have suited up. Dang! Blankety Blank, we should have won that game! If you were suited we would have won the dang thing. Mother of Pearl on a Hershey Bar…we had it. Like Husk always says: “A flute with no holes isn’t a flute. Go Jets!…God Bless…Scrappy.

58. By Andrew on Dec 27, 2010 | Reply

Hi Wayne,

You are the man. I tell my boys, who are 8 and 5 years old, all about you, and how you are my favorite Jet of all time, because of the way you played the game. I have many of your games on VHS that I have showed them, including the incredible win over Tampa Bay, when Martin tossed you that touchdown. What a catch! My boys are Jets fans for life, and hopefully their children too. Merry Christmas, and blessings to you and your family…

Andrew

59. By matthew plourde on Dec 28, 2010 | Reply

i’ve been a Jets fan since i started going to games with my dad at age 6, when i lived in Maine my home state away from home. My Jets den in Chasttanooga,Tn i proudly back each and every game, Chrebet, i have your jersey hanging on my wall., Jove the J.E.T.S JERS JETS JETS, sure we had our ups and downs this year im proud of them. Peace and Health to all in 2011..