• Tue., Oct. 21, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point - Only on SNY

• Wed., Oct. 22, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Wed., Oct. 22, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the meda following practice.
  • Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 3:30 PM EDT Live Press Conference: Coordinators Jets Coordinators Thomas McGaughey, Marty Mornhinweg, Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Oct. 25, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

Woody Statement on NFL Ratification of CBA

Posted by jetsstaff on July 21, 2011 – 9:02 pm

Woody Johnson, the New York Jets’ chairman & CEO, issued a statement through the team tonight on the NFL owners’ ratification earlier in the evening of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

“Thanks to Roger, DeMaurice, the members of the CEC, the players and all those who worked so hard to help us get to this point,” Johnson said. “The clubs have ratified a 10-year agreement that is both comprehensive and fair. I am confident that we will be back on the field soon and that we have put a framework in place that will make the game better in the long run.”

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in Jets Staff | 62 Comments »

62 Responses to “Woody Statement on NFL Ratification of CBA”

1. By wayne on Jul 21, 2011 | Reply

Tom moore is a huge huge pickup for this team. It also speaks loud and clearly to, what you guys call him? Schotty?…..Schottenheimer needs to improve his play calling and the execution of his offense in the red zone…..There’s someone on board to replace him.

2. By Karan on Jul 21, 2011 | Reply

This is so upsetting, I can’t believe the players are now refusing the new deal, I mean seriously, for god’s sakes guys, sign the darn agreement already. At least the owners have approved. Players, especially Brees, BRADY ( >:( ), and demaurice smith have to comprise. Enough is enough already. Hopefully by tomorrow, or when July 26th occurs, something happens.

3. By Karan on Jul 21, 2011 | Reply

Good news at least is I just read on NFL.com Jets hired Tom Moore as a consultant. I think this is a great move, will be great for our offense especially with you-know-who making the play calls. Hopefully by 2012, and I wished it would have happened this year, this will cause Bill Callahan or even Tom Moore to become the OC and would thankfully get schottenheimer out this great organization. Tom Moore needs to get deeply involved in the offense and play-calling once the season starts. It should be great for the young and talented Mark Sanchez, our franchise quarterback. So proud of this guy, I know he’s going to take us to the promise land one day, and it should be this season. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!

4. By scjoe on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

I think that some of the provisions in the new CBA will hurt the overall quality of the game. Pay me what the average NFL player makes and I promise I will do 3 a days rather then 2 a days. I also promise I will do all 14 OTAs instead of the 10 that the new CBA calls for. Wonder what the next CBA ten years from now will bring….2 a week in place of the 2 a day??

5. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

…until the owners unilaterally break the agreement before it runs out when they decide they don’t like it as much as they thought they did, that is.

6. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Here’s something of a break: Edwards’ next court date is TODAY! It sure would be nice if the Jets could a little more of a sense of whether he’s going to be subject to suspension or arrest before offering him a new deal by…Monday at 2 PM, I guess it is. What a strange season this is going to be.

7. By GaryC on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

this is what happens when you put a square peg in a round hole,the owners are businessmen, the players pretend to be.the owners have made many deals in other ventures,the players have been coddled their whole life and now they feel they are being bamboozled.never leave your realm of expertise and pretend to be something you aren’t.get back on the field, you are not living a bad life.

8. By IRA on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Tom Moore will be a huge help for Schotty. Good move.
    As for the lockout. I am sick and tired and have wasted enough time trying to learn and follow this garbage. Wake me up when its over!

9. By GaryC on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

to Ira and all season ticketholders, you will be paying full price for exhibition games,by the time these players decide to come back it wil take them at least a month to get in shape,maybe longer.to all you guys who back the players they feel they have the owners over the barrel because they feel the owners do not want to go into season with unproven rookies and they can make enormous monies when the free agency opens up.so get ready to ante up more money for these players.

10. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Ira, I think what you just said is what about 90% of fans will say if the players don’t vote on this proposal tomorrow. Remember the golden rule: Anything lawyers can screw up they probably will screw up, especially when they know as little about football as these lawyers apparently do.

11. By kk on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

This whole thing amazes me, I guess the player reps and their attorneys weren’t in the negotiating meetings? They act like the owners made this all up and they had no involvement, why because the owners voted without them?
    This is what happens when you let attorneys run the world they just create chaos to line their own pockets.
    The more I listen to the players explanations the more unbelievable this gets it’s like they had nothing to do with this.
    Let’s stop the nonsens get together and get this going. It’s at the ploint of ridiculous.

12. By Scooter on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

It’s all about how greedy people want to divide a big pie in a tight economy. Screw this deal up NFL and you’ll see how fast fans will turn on you! It’s bad enough you ask us to help build your stadiums with PSL’s (yet we hold no equity for that “investment”), it’s bad enough we have ticket prices go up every year, Woody’s management team raised them SIX times since he took over the Jets 11 years ago, it’s bad enough you put games on NFL Network and then don’t get a deal done with cable so we can see them (CABLEVISION!), but now you’re going to screw this deal up at 2 minutes to midnight? Risk this season and see how fast we all find something better to do that costs less. I’m tired of getting jerked around as a fan!

13. By Jets Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Hey Scooter, and how about Edwards getting off a DUI with a $500 fine? Things may’ve changed a bit since I lived in New York so somebody please tell me how this kid gloves treatment is somehow “normal for first offenders,” like I just read in the article about the case. Out here where I live in Southern Cal, a DUI — first, last, or otherwise — is practically the end of your existence. Certainly I don’t want to hear Edwards complaining about a damn thing for the rest of his time with the Jets after getting this kind of preferential treatment. His classy statement about Holmes was a step in the right direction — not that Holmes, based on the way he’s talked since the end of last season, remotely deserves it.

14. By GaryC on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

fans get ready, if more concessions are made to these players you’ll be seeing flag football in your favorite stadium.why pay ticket prices when you can go to the nearest park for that and free.

15. By kw65Fan on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Yea Tom….think he got off pretty easy. I know of 2 cases currently for regular people and both had costs over a 1000 dollars…both had license suspended, then got it back after 30 days but restricted in their driving to and from work until they finish a course put on by probation for 8 weeks (once a week for 4 hours). Then had to get license reinstated again so they can drive more freely and not restricted…additional costs to motor vehicles. Not so sure Edwards will get off so lightly with Comish….I see at least 4 week suspension. He certainly will be coming down hard on the other players quite quickly like Pacman Jones and Benson in Cincy. It is going to be crazy these next few weeks…IF the players approve.

16. By wayne on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

scjoe, you are living in a dreamwork buddy. Stop trying to project yourself into situations for which you have no experience. An astronaut possessing the vocabulary of webster’s unabridged dictionary could try till doomsday to describe for me what it’s like to walk in space, but he will never be able to do so that I’d fully grasp that experience. Stop with the what I would do if it were me bull…….None of the guys who can do it are doing what you’re talking about. And if you were one of those who could, you’d be doing what all those who can are.
    YOU’LL GET YOUR FOOTBALL SOON ENOUGH. ENJOY A MINT JULEP…..YOU AND FRANK.

17. By wayne on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Don’t worry bout concessions(stadium or negotiations0. Stay home with your lovely wives and watch the games while cuddling under a warm toasty blanket……Better yet listen to the game on the radio.. That tv thing, way overrated. And the stadium,…………..WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN HEARING ABOUT YOU BOYS PULLING YOUR SHORT HAIRS OUT BECAUSE THERE’S NOT FOOTBALL.

18. By GaryC on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

the owners should pull the plug on the season, let’s see how many of these players could stay out of trouble that long.Let’s see how many run up to canada to play.guys like butkus, bednarik,ben davidson must be laughing at what these guys are asking for.

19. By wayne on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

Some of you boys are what I call selective capitalists………When it involves other people’s money communism rules……..If it cost too much at the ballpark,.then here’s a novel idea, DON’T GO!!!!!!!! Problem solved…………………You hold the key to stopping all of this by voting with your dollars, but you choose instead to whine, wah wah I want my football and if these guys don’t agree soon, I’m never going to another game. …………….Like a child holding his breath if he doesn’t get the candy bar he wants. I bet the kid can hold his breath longer than any of you could stay away from the game…………..Tap that vein boys, you’re gonna get that juice aaany minute now.

20. By fred on Jul 22, 2011 | Reply

I like the idea of Moore red zone TD”s then FG’s

21. By GaryC on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

to wayne, I said that a long time ago, but fan’s tend to forget and scurry back with their tails between their legs,management and players know this.let’s say for one week no fans show up at any game in any stadium. Media, teams,management,advertisers would be in panic mode.their are to many apologists for the sport so you cannot do anything about it.the only people who don’t make money are the fans.

22. By scjoe on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

Wayne, I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like a lot of double talk to me.Some people call it wishy washy, take your pick. Sometimes when people are trying to make a point it don’t necessarily mean he should be taken 100% seriously. Factor in the point you know nothing about me and what I am capable of, or at least what I was once capable of and you make yourself look silly

23. By wayne on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

Scjoe, I know you don’t know what I’m talking bout, but you know what the player should do? If you were them you would do the same damn thing that they’re doing. Garyc, my last game at the stadium was that last game at the old Meadowlands stadium with my daughter. I’m watching the rest or listening to the rest from home. Or maybe if tickets are free. There nothing that will clear this whole thing up faster than some empty seats. NOTHING……..

24. By wayne on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

Can’t blame players for taking their time deciding on the deal. They’re signing off on a deal that will encompass their careers. Not too much ever goes wrong when taking the time to contemplate before reaching a decision…..A whole lot usually goes wrong when you rush……………FOOLS RUSH IN.

25. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

wayne, I don’t see this site as an extension of the Wharton School of Business, it’s more a place for fans to cheer or mouth off as they see fit. I don’t expect anybody’s analysis of the economic aspects to make as much sense as, oh, the discussions among those geniuses in D.C. As for “selective capitalism,” though, the owners are as guilty of that as anyone else, raising prices on everything possible every chance they get and then crying poverty to cities and states when they want new stadiums like that monstrosity of a tribute to the Dodgers that sits where Shea used to. One thing I’m actually proud of about L.A. is that it told such owners to take a hike and finance their own stadiums if they want to put another pro football team here.

26. By Westcoast GangGreen on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

Jet fans should be happy Edwards got off with a slap on the hand, he will not get suspended by the NFL. And, I don’t condone driving intoxicated either… Bad decision on his part.!!! Anyway, Gary C i agree with you about the no show. It would be difficult to have all fans not show up on one Sunday, but, maybe all fans should not show up to their teams next home game after a bye week. This way NFL and all teams experience “THE FANS POINT / ANGER” all season long..!!!

27. By Arte Old School Section 327 on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

Just calm down boys and girls.. We all miss the Jets and soon everything will be back to norml.. So funny how frustrated everyone sounds.. Can you imagine living in Dallas with JJ as your fearless leader.. We should all be grateful for Woody J. who is the best owner in ALL of sport!!. See you in Indianapolis!! Of course Tom Moore should be very comfortable consulting our Jets in his old stadium :-)

28. By Arte Old School Section 327 on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

By the way say hello to Randy Moss folks!! Team Captain against the Patsies :-) We will be the beasts of the East this year as well as the whole league!!

29. By kw65Fan on Jul 23, 2011 | Reply

I think Wayne needs a shot of something….drinking too many of those McDonalds Ice Tea for a buck are we. I will follow my Jets on tv…maybe the radio if i don’t like the tv announcers…but i will never set foot in that stadium. Will not give them the satisfaction of giving my money to them for there rip off prices in everything. Last jersey i bought was Chrebets…haven’t found anybody worthy since…maybe Mangold…but it won’t be this year with alll these billionaire and millionaire cry babies. Would love to see what these cut throat lawyers are getting…what a ‘bill’ that will be. And who will be paying for that …the FANS.

30. By wayne on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

As predicted Wednesday, players would make owners and talking heads stew for a few extra days before signing off on deal………GENTLEMEN, START YOUR PENS. The frenzy is about to begin……..Outside of the fact that Jets will likely lose one of their WRs(not considering Smith here), they are probably positioned as well as anyone to benefit from the chaos that is about to take place…..This will be a unique, interesting and fun time. Get ready for your NFL news overload(OD) junkies.

31. By GaryC on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

of course the players are going to ratify now, pre season will soon be over,the fans lost out on going to the camps,if you think these players will be going all out the first few weeks of season your crazy,like I said, it will say the season has begun,but a lot of these games are going to be like walkthroughs.

32. By Karan on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

For the free agent frenzy, all that needs to be done is Holmes and Edwards need to signed back (easier said then one but I believe it can be done!). And also sign re-sign some players and of course, sign new ones.

33. By scjoe on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

64tom, you are a man after my own heart, you said it all about our NY Jets blog.Wayne, when you say that your last game at the old Meadowlands was just that, your last game, (Unless the tickets are free) pretty much says it all about you as well.

34. By scjoe on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

Write this down fellow Jet fans because it will become reality, besides the monumental amount of injuries we will see when this thing finally gets going, there will also be a lower quality product that we are all used to viewing, there has to be. The only thing that will remain the same is the amount of money the owners take in and the outrageous amounts of money they pay the players in return. That is what I took out of the highlights of the new CBA. There is something for those of you on either side of the line to digest.

35. By scjoe on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

To continue, see, everybody wins except guess who??? It don’t matter if you have the highest paid PSLs or if you are the Sunday sofa GM. You definitely will come out on the losing end of this. That said, will there be mass defections like a few of you like to suggest? No! Why? Because we are Jet fans and pro football fans in general and we are all used to getting it stuck where the sun don’t shine. Why should this time be any different?

36. By fred on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

welI I will admit I am excited about football comming back- I have loved the Jets since i was a little kid & can afford season tix on my working class salary & bought an alcohol free psl on top of it & could not unload it if I wanted to but thats just it I don’t want to -yet maybe in 10 yrs when i’m 64 i will be ready to boycott . There are a lot of knowlegeable fans on this site passionate too so enjoy the upcomming crazy ride & LETS GO JETS !!!

37. By GaryC on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

mike vick is at it again,he would welcome brett favre as MY back up.favre has accomplished more than vick will ever.Mike just say it would be nice to have him as a teammate,he doesn’t really need to be YOUR backup.

38. By IRA on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

Gary,
    I wouldn’t call the first month of the season walk throughs. I will say that a lot of the games will be sloppy and a lot more penalties until they all get on the same page.
    And as we all know the teams that have full coaching staffs coming back will have a huge advantage over any team that has a new HC or coordinators. So i believe there are 6 new HC’s and i will guess and say another 2-4 teams have made some big changes within their staff. So subtract about 10 teams that really shoudln’t be a factor unless you take them for granted.
    Can’t wait to see how the roster will shape up by this time next week.
    GO JETS!!!!

39. By IRA on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

I will revist this ongoing debate before the crazy week starts on Friday. First of all most of the major deals with all teams are done already. You would have to be foolish to think otherwise.
    If they lose either Holmes or Edwards Moss will be a Jet. Not happy about that but it is what it is.
    If by some chance its Holmes its not the end of the world. Keller becomes the #1 target.
    First four games last year before Holmes came back Keller puts up 19 catches and 5 TD’s. At that pace he ends up with 76 catches and say 10 TD’s.
    To me thats Clark, Witten and Gates type of numbers. Still think the Jets will get back to running the ball more this year and using 3 RB’s to do it.
    I am concerned about the safety spots. Leonhard is coming off of

40. By IRA on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

a very serious injury. Will they be able to resign Pool, Smith and Digs? I think one of the three will not be back. So besides an UDFA like Lefeged the Jets are going to have to look for a veteran safety. Would love Elam back if it plays out that way.
    I think Drew is going to have some offers that could be more than the Jets are willing to pay him. Hope i am wrong. Really like Cole’s potential.
    The placekicker and i don’t see either Folk or Novak getting the job. If Folk is back he has to be on a short leash.

41. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

Thanks, scjoe, even if some of our better bloggers are more informed than some of the folks who work for the NFL website, the site should always be open to anybody who just wants to make some noise, as we all do at times. As for a boycott, there would always be Jet players (and coaches) that I’d wanna root for, so I doubt I could ever sit things out even if I’m mostly priced out of seeing live games. Ira, I love Keller too but there’s no way he becomes a #1 target that any D in this league will be afraid of. If we lose Holmes, look for Mr. T to wheel and deal for somebody like Moss or Ochocinco at the least, Rice or Jackson or Floyd at the most.

42. By Karan on Jul 24, 2011 | Reply

Jets should seriously consider signing Eric Weddle for the FS position, he is currently a free agent. Also, as for an OLB, either trade or search for a really good player, perhaps Clint Session? He’s actually a free agent as well. I was really hoping the Steelers would have released James Harrison after the comments he made so we could have picked him up, but then again, who wants a teammate like that? And also Jets, please no Moss!! Try to keep Edwards and if that is not possible, replace him with either Terrell Owens (yea, i said it), Plaxico Burress or even perhaps in an ideal world, Sidney Rice?? But whatever happens, good luck to our team and everything should go right. Keep Holmes! :D

43. By Christopher on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Looks like free agency starts saturday. I would perfer to keep Braylon and let Holmes go, I mean how will he handle double teams, in Pitt he had Ward, and here he has Braylon. We’ve seen Braylon do it as our #1, sure he hasn’t always been great, but he is a much better (if not the best) run blocking WR. Although I believe Rex could keep Holmes happy (I would hope), Braylon just makes better sense, and we will free up money to sign Cro, and possibly keep Brad Smith, he deserves it much more than Holmes, imo.

44. By Ablity on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

first off let me say its good to be back, i really dont care about the nfl lock out deal, because i dont know much about it and refuse to pretend to, with that being say, free agency we can all agree is right around the corner, i hope, and i also know that we are in a tight spot in the money department but my dream is that we get Nnamdi asomugha, this is why, as we all know, the offensive is going to be up and down this year anyway, the most important side of the ball is the defense, cromarty was ok last year but Nnamdi would be scary, him and derrell and kyle in the slot, let just say that can be very scary. come on jets, lets be the opisite of the colt and draft and replace offensive players, but defensive players, are the most important

45. By Ablity on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

IRA, i really think we should forget about the offensive all together until we get rex the defense he needs to be number 1, we have a runing game and a QB thats basically all the offensive need, Leonhard is out best safety, pool was starting to come along, i really like james ehead, not as a starter but he is a playmaker when he is in there, our defense has some holes in it, the Dline, the outside rushers, the corners, and saftey…GET REX defense together and the rest will fall in place, homes and edwards should not be that big of a deal, i think brad smith is more important to us then both of them, any big time defensive player we can get in this free agency, i hope we get them, thats allot more important than 2 bad news WR

46. By IRA on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Tom, I respectfully disagree. If Keller is used right he is a matchup nightmare. Too fast for LB’s and too big for DB’s. And if teams choose to double or box him then that leaves somebody else open or single coverage on your wideouts.
    Keller can get the job done and i think he is ready to be a Pro Bowl player this year.

47. By wayne on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

If the Steelers take the same approach as with Santonio, the Jets could be picking a hot linebacker property in a little bit. Let’s see if they let Harrison off the hook or give him the Holmes treatment.

48. By GaryC on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Ira, are you still going to feel secure with Ducasse playing tackle this year.Karan, I also like the idea of Sessions,I mentioned that a while back,he would bring a physical presence with Harris,not a fan of Scott.I am also glad to see more fans willing to bring back, Brad Smith. the guy has to much talent not to bring back and has the good character, something some of our receivers lack.also a big proponet to bring in sidney rice,here some media outlets got Holmes going to the Skins.Good Riddance.

49. By Frank on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

TanWoody is in serious cap trouble there is no way we sign all these guys. The Redskins are way under the cap as well as many other teams and we will not be able to compete in terms of dollars. Forget Holmes we won’t be able to afford him I think the best we can do is Edwards who I think is a better overall player than Holmes and I agree with Ira Keller will benefit. The same goes for Cro he is not worth breaking the bank over and we will not be able to afford him. We need to sign as many of our role players as possible like Hunter, Pool, Coleman, Hunter and Digs.

50. By scjoe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Karan, I agree about the idea of pursuing Eric Weddle. As for Harrison, if he were a lesser player in Pit he would be gone already. I wouldn’t mind paying just a little more and sign Bulger in place of Brunell. I believe he can be had for the minimum if it were a contending team. I think a lineup of Sanchez-Bulger, and O’Connell/McElroy would work just fine. It will be interesting to see which of our own FAs will be resigned, I am leaning more toward one of the WRs then anything else. Nice to be back!

51. By scjoe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

The regulars here have heard me speak about how the quality of the game would change under the new CBA. Go to NFL.com and read Michale Lombardi’s column on that issue today. Don’t take my word for it.

52. By Anthony on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Hey Jet Fans, From what I am reading the Jets are in trouble right now with the salary cap with this new CBA. They need to restructure a few guys to be able to resign some players. The Re signing of Holmes looks grim and trust me I think that is a huge loss for us if we can’t retain him. I think we can keep Cro, Smith, and maybe Braylon but to me that still isn’t enough. The kid we drafted might get deported if he is guilty. Its not a good look right now. But I am amped for this season to start.

53. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Karan, I was thinking about Weddle last night myself, unlike Rhodes he racked up good stats on a generally good D. Ablity, I agree with you about Asomugha but not about neglecting the O and certainly not about putting much stock in (here it comes, MJV) Brad Smith. Kerley is the kind of player, like Harvin, who can make an impact immediately on punts and kickoffs and I think that’s why Schotty scouted him personally and thus Smith is a lower priority. I’m against breaking the bank for Holmes or anyone else but I seriously doubt Holmes will want to play for either the Skins or Raiders and catch passes from their lame QBS (Shanahan loves Beck? Weird!) instead of catching ‘em from Sanchez, with whom he’s already had a terrific first yr.

54. By IRA on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Gary,
    No way Ducasse will be ready. I just don’t see it. Woody will be back. I still would think about Hunter too. My bet is on Woody. A name not talkedabout much is R. Turner. I really hope they can bring him back. He gives them great depth for that OL.

55. By Pranit on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

I think we should go after Nnamdi Asamugha and surprise everyone. I think if Mike T reasons with Nnamdi, then who know he might understand — chance to win SB than go to another loser team. And maybe ~11Mill/year would satisfy him (which is Revis’s contract). Forget about the loser Cromartie — who is a softie anyway (too afraid to tackle, and gets beat more often than not). Go get this guy !!!

And of course, get Santonio Holmes ! :)

56. By wayne on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Guys, after what just ended you think things to go back to the way it was. Wounds are still open. These guys showed up at their facilities and were not well received. Like so much trash. Now you expect them to be looking to be giving their services away to the same people who treated them this way? And the fans calling them greedy? Who are they to show loyalty to exactly? YOU? TEAMS? Stop the madness. You can’t have it both way……Cro already told you and he’s not just speaking for himself: “NO HOMETOWN DISCOUNTS”……………………Typical fans, like it never happened.

57. By GaryC on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Instead of signing two or three big games,you better start signing about six or seven guys who are flying under the radar,It is going to be more important to have depth this year than a big name free agent who will have to learn the system,of course every player who changes teams will have a learning curve,but this year depth will be the tell tale sign for teams getting to the super bowl.

58. By wayne on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Smith replaced Washington, someone will replace him……It’s the system…….Every year there’s a guy the world will end if Jets don’t keep him and somehow life goes on……………………………………………….Make sure that number 18 jersey is available……………..

59. By wayne on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Glad to hear Jets staff will recoup lost wages. To be first class organization you gotta act like it. Good to see Jets trying to act the part of a first class organization.

60. By scjoe on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Hey Wayne…”Giving” their services away? Are you serious? What about those tens of millions of dollars in compensation they earn annually, does that constitute “giving” their services away? You should apply some of your own logic here, if the players feelings are hurt and they feel they were not “well received” at their respective facilities, then go find a different profession, this is America, you are free to go out and seek employment in any field you like, of course that don’t guarantee a position in that field, but you still are free to pursue it, just like you or I. PS they ARE greedy!!

61. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

Interesting Rex talks about passing more even as we wonder who the WRs will be. I’d guess that’s in line with a couple of realities: (a) We need A-list WRs no matter what their names are (b) Sanchez needs to keep improving (c) We need to score more. Also (pardon me again, MJV), I see the new rules make the “3rd QB inactive” active. This favors McElroy, who I doubt the Jets will leave open to being claimed off the taxi squad (if that rule is still the same) at the expense of Smith, whom the Jets have never groomed as a true QB but only as the Wildcat guy. As some of us have said, it’s hard to pay big $ to keep a guy who’s basically KRs only. I see Kerley handling that and gradually working his way into the O like Harvin did on the Vikes.

62. By GaryC on Jul 25, 2011 | Reply

rex says in his statement that the team improved, how does he know this,did they sign players we don’t know about,the team improved with just the draft, very interesting as arte johnson used to say.