• Sun., May. 04, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Draft Show Prior to 1st RD of NFL Draft
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 6:30PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 15, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

For Rex, the Moore (Tom and Brandon), the Merrier

Posted by Randy Lange on December 7, 2011 – 5:10 pm

Updated 5:55 p.m. ET

Head coach Rex Ryan confirmed at his news conference today that consultant Tom Moore, who was at practices last week and at the Washington game on Sunday, will be with the Jets at least through New Year’s Day in Miami.

“I felt good about it the whole time,” said Rex. “His wife does have that veto right, but she did not exercise it and he will be here the rest of the season.”

Ryan also said the perception among some that Moore’s presence at Florham Park is a shot at O-coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is false.

“I have great confidence in Brian,” he said, adding that having the former Peyton Manning/Colts OC around “can only help. A guy like Tom Moore, how can he not help your team? He’s helped me so I know he’s probably helped Schotty, [Mike] Devlin, Henry [Ellard], a lot of guys, so we’re happy to have him.”

Moore said much the same thing in a sitdown with reporters early this evening.

“I strictly observe. That’s my role. It’s fun being where the action is, if you want to know the truth,” the white-haired 73-year-old. “I just make observations. Brian runs the show. He’s the coordinator. He has done and is doing, in my opinion, a tremendous job. I think the coaching staff here does a tremendous job. I’m extremely impressed with everything about this organization. It’s a privilege for me to hang around here.”

Ryan said now that Moore’s on site, perhaps his title will be mega-consultant. Moore was asked what that “promotion” means.

“I’m from down the South,” he said with a smile. “That must be a big-city term.”

B.Moore’s Sidelined … for Now

One of the guys that Tom Moore likely will be able to keep an eye on this week is Brandon Moore, no relation. B.Moore, who contributed to another solid offensive line performance in the 34-19 win over the Redskins but came out of the game with a hip injury that had him sidelined for today’s practice at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

But Ryan said there’s no question in his mind about Brandon’s availability against the Chiefs at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

“We all assume Brandon’s going to play,” he said. “He’s played in how many straight games?”

The answer to that is 117 consecutive regular-season games and starts. The starts streak is first among active NFL guards, the  games streak is second to Jake Scott’s 120 for the Titans.

Similar to last week, when Moore and his linemates contributed to a franchise rarity of no sacks allowed and 6.0 yards per rush against the Bills, on Sunday the OL was at it again. This was only the 13th game in franchise history in which the Jets didn’t allow a sack (that blitz takedown of Mark Sanchez by CB Kevin Barnes was negated by his helmet-to-helmet contact with Sanchez) and rushed for three or more touchdowns.

The last time before Sunday was the 2009 “Win And We’re In” game vs. Cincinnati. And on that list are two games against the Chiefs: at KC in 1975, when John Riggins was the RB and Joe Namath the QB, and in 2001 in the Meadowlands, when the tag team was Curtis Martin and Vinny Testaverde.

Dixon: An Armed Force of One

Not only did the officials almost miss Marcus Dixon’s first career forced fumble Sunday but Dixon nearly did as well.

“I was going down, the gap was huge, so I was trying to close the gap and I saw the running back,” Dixon said of the third-quarter running play by the Redskins’ Roy Helu. “And I threw my arm. I was really trying for the tackle but I hit the ball. Then I kind of got up dazed because I hit my head on the ground. The grass didn’t help that much.

“But when I got to the sideline, I was saying, ‘That was my fumble. Make sure I got my fumble.’ “

He wouldn’t have if Ryan didn’t throw his red challenge flag. Ref John Parry’s crew didn’t see the ball rattle out of Helu’s grip on that hit and ruled that when David Harris and Bart Scott hit him 4 yards later, the ball hit the ground and Eric Smith picked it up, Helu was down by contact.

But Parry reversed the call into a Jets recovery, giving Ryan and his staff their second two-challenge-reversals game in three years. (The first was 2010 Game 2 vs. New England.) The Jets couldn’t convert on Nick Folk’s 40-yard missed FG, but in a way the first of three second-half takeaways for the Green & White got the ball rolling toward their comeback victory.

It also continues Dixon’s improving visibility in the D-line rotation.

“Coach Pettine told me early in the year, the more reps, the better you get. I think I’m getting used to playing. I’m learning a lot from Bo and DeVito and Coach Carrier. I try to take everything in and use it some way. I just do everything within the scheme, I don’t go outside of the scheme, I don’t go wild-card anybody. I just stay to the scheme. We have a great scheme that fits me and allows me to play.”

Injury Picture

The Jets’ injury report swelled from last week’s 10 to 16 today, but still doesn’t look dire, except perhaps for DT Mike DeVito. “I don’t feel near as comfortable about that one,” Ryan said of his D-line strongman, who has sat out three of the last six games with knee issues. “I know he’s doing everything he can. He’s out there in full pads. I don’t want to say no, but quietly we’ll say very, very doubtful.”

Besides Brandon Moore, the only other DNP was ST Ellis Lankster (low back). Limited besides Dixon were Joe McKnight, who wore a bulky brace to protect his hyperextended right elbow, LB David Harris (ankle) and S Eric Smith (knee). Nine players were full-go and all are listed here.

Kansas City’s injury report, by comparison, is the picture of health. Only three players are listed: QB Kyle Orton, who injured a right finger on his only play of the Chiefs’ 10-3 win at Chicago, was limited, as was 16th-year C Casey Wiegmann (a Jet, don’t we all remember, for three games in his rookie season of 1997), also with a finger. LB Demorrio Williams (groin) was full-go.

Tags: , , , , , ,
Posted in Randy Lange, Uncategorized | 68 Comments »

68 Responses to “For Rex, the Moore (Tom and Brandon), the Merrier”

1. By Jimmer on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Although I hate to say it. Thomas Jones coming in with a huge chip on his shoulder worries me. Devito will be missed big time this week.

2. By joe on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Just saw Rex on NFL TV making KC out to be the best 5 win team in NFL history.Rex sooner or later IF we get in we must win against real teams.Would love to know how how you plan to control the line of scrimmage against the likes of BALT and PITTS to keep Sabchez out of 3rd and longs .Also if we play NE how do you plan on dealing with Brady when playing against elite teams have produced multiple disasters all year.

3. By logan on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

I like Ryan but sometimes he makes me wonder “i’m sure he has helped Schotty” Rex you don’t know what he is doing with your offensive co.? Are you that hands off your offense? Do you even know it’s 26th? Come on man your the head coach it’s your offense.

4. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Sure, Jimmer, TJ coming in with his 3.0 average, his 1.0 after contact, his 18 receptions in 2 years, playing behind every RB the Chiefs got even with Charles out for the year. Oooh, I’m so scared…

5. By Karan on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Ahh, this is such a relief. It’s great to know Tom Moore will stay with us the rest of the year. I feel more comfortable now knowing Schotty will be getting help. Lets keep this thing going, :D.

6. By Karan on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Hey Randy, do you know if Tom Moore will be coming to the games with us too? Because I know he will be at the facilities. And another thing, if we make the playoffs, will Tom Moore attend those games? Because those will be very important.

7. By Randy Lange on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Karan, it sounds as if Tom Moore will be with the Jets for the duration — at the training center for practices and at all games. He’s staying at a hotel near the complex. If his schedule changes, we’ll pass it on.

8. By Rich on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

The ‘scheme’. Love what Dixon is saying. As long as we have Rex here, I truly believe we’ll be relevant and in the playoff picture just about every year. You cannot ask for more than that, particularly in these days of nfl football parity. Rex & Pettine teach them to play as a team, trust each other, trust the scheme. It works.

9. By wayne on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Jets love you, you love Jets.Gosh, with all this love in the air, why not let’s make it official….lol………….Thomas Jones, one demensional. What he does Jets can handle….If this game goes south, he’ll not be the reason……………..I’d rather have Rex talk up his opponent than what he’s been doing. He’s pulling back from the empty promises. It’s a start in the right direction. There’s no doubt he can coach defense. The rest is a work in progress.

10. By dougmc on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

Sometimes more is less, sometimes more is just more…I don’t think it’s a case of too many chefs.With all you Schotty haters ,one would think you would welcome a different opinion. I think Mark needs to play taller. Hold the ball up an inch higher and so on. I’m sure Moore picks up on things that can only help a young QB who by the way has his 30th win in his 2/1/2 year stint.
    Stop K.C.’s running game and run the table the next 4 weeks and all you haters will have to eat crow. BTW best game by Bart Scott in awhile.Hope we get more from Kendrick Ellis and better play by safties. Let’s Roll…
    J——E——T——S…JETS—JETS—JETS…!!!

11. By Tom Spicer on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

KC will be tuff this wont be a easy game they just lost to Pitt by 6 points & they just beat the Bears in Chicago. So they are going to put up a fight plus they have 2 good pass rushers in Tamba Hali & a rookie that I wanted us to take in Justin Houston from Georgia. Also Kyle Orton may start & he is a good QB just like all Jet games this will not be easy.

12. By 38 year fan on Dec 7, 2011 | Reply

I think this is great …No hurt in a second set of eyes . And a proven success…

13. By Ray on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I happened to catch last weeks episode of Real Sports on HBO with Bryant Gumbel last week and they did an update of a story from about 5 or 6 years ago that I remembered seeing when it aired originally, about a kid from Georgia who got railroaded by the legal system when he was a senior in high school. It was Marcus Dixon!! I am glad to see him developing into a reliable DL for us. Randy you should do an article on him, this kid has overcome alot.

14. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

That’s what I meant in my comment to you on the story before this one, logan, about how flat we were in the championship against PIT and how not hands-on Rex is about the O. Maybe with both Schotty and Moore handling the O we can do better than 26th. But I still think the answer is a HC who has a more comprehensive grasp of the game, who isn’t nearly as emotional and impulsive as Rex, and who has some real weight to throw around with the front office.

15. By steve on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

would like for the jets to just get it together,sanchez to be 3rd year player,he has multi talent at all positions,and moves the ball like ryan leaf sometimes,i just dont get it ,but,GO JETS!!!!!!!!!! come on mark,take control of your team…….

16. By IRA on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I am sure TJ will make a play or two but his #’s have really dropped off since the Jets let him go.
    I think it was a great idea having Moore around during camp and it has payed off. Look at the Jets RZ ranking at #1.
    Adding him fulltime for the rest of the year really makes you wonder whats up. It can’t hurt for sure for an offense that has underachieved all year. It does raise the ? of Schotty’s return next year [contracts mean nothing] and after reading some of the players remarks today can this backfire and make them question Schotty’s calls? It really didn’t seem to help too much last week because after their 1st drive the offense really was not able to move the ball much until that go ahead score and that was because Mark hit Greene

17. By IRA on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

for a 1st down to set up that play to Holmes for the TD. Still feel the biggest play of that drive was Baker giving them great field position. If not for that would the offense have gone 80 yds? Not sure.
    I think it would be a mistake to let McKnight play this week. Ball security is always huge. Do you realy want a RB with the ball with a bad elbow especially when that RB is not TJ or Curtis. I hope Powell will be ready i have a feeling he will get some playing time this week.
    GO JETS!!!!

18. By Jersey Rich on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

TJ gave it ALL when he played for us… I hope the stadium fans show him some love.

19. By 38 year fan on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

If we squeek into the playoffs …We win it all …

20. By 38 year fan on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Randy , what is the status on Ladanian Tomlinson ? Do we get him back for the Giants ?

21. By Randy Lange on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

38 year, the Jets will get LaDainian Tomlinson back for the Chiefs. After twisting his left knee in the first quarter, he returned in the second half vs. the ‘Skins and has been practicing full this week.

22. By 38 year fan on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

The biggest game is going to be that last game vs. The Giants ..That is a good team , and they are fighting for their lives . They just played Greenbay, and they looked excellent …

23. By wayne on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I was very aware of that case as it unfolded back in Ga. And saw espn story on Dixon, but didn’t want to read it…….WOW, glad to see that he’s gotten this far…….STILL A LOT OF PEOPLE WANT TO HOLD ON TO SOME OLD IDEAS……LOT OF EVIL HIDDEN IN THOSE OLD WAYS……..LOT OF IT OOZING OUT NOW………Way to go Marcus Dixon!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info Ray.

24. By Christopher on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I know we rank #1 in RZ offense, but my question is where do we rank as far as RZ possesions? Let’s see if we can make it through a game without a ST turnover, that would help. Plax is really stepping up and Bart Scott, I finally saw you on the field, hopefully this turns into a decent run into the playoffs, we’ll see this Jets organization tradition is disappointment.

Go Maybin, I’m rooting for you, and if the Jets do not sign this guy I’m going to be really mad.

25. By Eli Rodriguez on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

if Tom Moore refuses the O.C. Job then Mike Martz might be available, either way bye bye Shotty!

26. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, I wish TJ well, I hope the fans are as nice to him as they were to Brad Smith, who really seemed to appreciate it. We got some great years out of him and it was just time to move on, sorry we couldn’t win the big one with him. I just hope he doesn’t revert to his earlier form at any point on Sunday!

27. By Gabriel on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Thoma Jones is a good guy, great teammate but I
    m glad the Jets are putting it aside, hopefully they shut him down. Tom 64 your dead on with those stats on TJ but still.. he may play harder to show up his old team but I’m sure the D will handle him.. maybe Kendrick Ellis will start? add some big linemen in there and force their QB to throw it.. I’m sensing a lot of ints from their QB. Though I disagree with your opinion that Rex Ryan is not the HC for the Jets. Didn’t he lead the Jets to 2 AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW? I like this guy, his different, and his basically football in human form, tough,brash, brutally honest, and talks the talk and walks the walk. He is in tune with his players and believes in his players so they play like champs!

28. By Gabriel on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Randy, Do you know if Kendrick Ellis will be starting for Mike Devito this week or no? Thank you.

29. By Randy Lange on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Gabriel, Rex Ryan did not confirm that yet this week. He’ll probably mention it at tomorrow’s news conference.

30. By scjoe on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Don’t think for one minute that Tom Moore will be the divine intervention that gets this offense to the promised land. I am not a huge fan of Shotty, but I still believe it comes down to the personal on the field and how they execute the play that is called in no matter who dials it up. Again, Shotty has his faults, but all of those plays are practiced over and over and over again and sometimes when I watch this team it still looks like there is an awful lot of confusion out there. As for Brandon Moore he is another unsung hero who don’t always get the credit he deserves.

31. By scjoe on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

I don’t think TJ will be the determining factor Sunday, but I am concerned about the KC defense particularly the pass rush. The O Line will need another performance like they had the past two weeks to get this one in the books. You have to wonder where you stand among the contenders when you have to worry about those lesser teams on the schedule all of the time (Wash, KC, even Miami)

32. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Gabriel, TJ can play harder but his legs can’t run younger. As for Rex, I have him on the same 5-yr plan as Sanchez, which means by next yr I wanna see more growth in his thinking and his game, even if it’s too late to get the impulsiveness out of his system without intensive psychotherapy or divine intervention, if you subscribe to either. Of course, I’m being patient with Rex considering he predicted SB wins from the moment he got here, which I guess he thought was a good way to change the Jets culture but I think is just a lot of noise. What would change the Jets culture is drafting and playing boldly as opposed to drafting hesitantly, developing new players fearfully, and playing not to lose, which we still do too much of.

33. By joe on Dec 8, 2011 | Reply

Lol Is moore going to bring Payton to play qb if not nothing will change .This is up there with ground and pound MARKETING GIMMICK to buy time ,make excuses .Three years into this regime NOT ONE TITLE OF ANY KIND.

34. By GaryC on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

jet fan tom, the same reason you knock thomas jones should be the same reason you knock Plastico, the legs aren’t young anymore, is it because Plastico is still playing for the jets,do you knock tomlinson for his old legs,no. Until the jets get younger skill position players they will just be trodding along.Sanchez can not throw long to plastico because he can’t wait 5 seconds for him to get down the field.

35. By Tom Spicer on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Joe, Go root for another team if you are not happy with the progress that has been made under Rex.

36. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

GaryC, Plax is a 1-yr show as a starter, as was LT. I suggest we offer Plax another 1-yr deal as a back-up and that LT retire. TJ, on the other hand, fought for a huge 4-yr-deal in which he got most of his $ upfront. Then as he was clearly losing a step, he wanted another pretty pricey 2-yr deal, so it was the perfect time to let hm go. But yeah, I’m always for young players, remember? I’m the guy who says play McKnight, Wilson, Kerley, Ellis, and — though I know it’s heresy to think it — Ducasse. Rex is the guy who panics the second any rookie doesn’t play like Jim Brown, Willie Brown, or some other name he can dig up from the last time he paid any attention to O. (I was thinking yesterday his dream O is probably the early ’70s Fish.)

37. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Spicer, what is this nonsense of telling joe to go root for another team? If Rex keeps talking and can’t win a SB and we hire Cowher and he wins one, are YOU gonna go root for another team out of shame over how wrong you were? Or hide out like Row seems to be doing because his predictions on Clemens being the better starting QB than Sanchez didn’t quite pan out? Nobody told Row to go root for another team because nobody has a crystal ball and we all know it. Is anyone getting on your case excessively (I admit, I did it once, but compassionately) about your one-week freakout on MS after the DEN game, after which you seem to have reverted to the usual MS worship? This site is your site, this site is my site…

38. By Tom Spicer on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Tom 64, I guess you are right but I get tired of listening to his we dont have a top QB so we have no shot. WELL THEN WHY EVEN PLAY THE GAMES! Did the Giants have a top QB when the beat the Pats yes Eli is now but he was not in 2008.

39. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Spicer you see the problem is your content with the team who has won nothing I want what Rex guaranteed a SUPERBOWL.Whether you like it or not SOONER OR LATER if he doesnt win hes gone.This regime has placed all its eggs in one basket with Sanchez .They have beat but one team this year with a winning record (thats a prob to everyone but you )To think (IF they get in )they can win 3 roadplayoff games is a FANTASY (we tried that before howd it work out )

40. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Spicer myself and alot of fans are tired of 40 years of this .Were also tired of all of REXs worthless promises guarantees ect.Spicer have you been to the stadium lately why do you think 80k people are booing =i got a hint for you its not because this team is the second coming of the 80s 49ers or 70s Steelers.

41. By Clarke W. Griswald on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Tom ’64 Bill Cowher will never, I repeat, never, be the HC of the NYJ. You sound like all the Giants fans now, get it out of your head, because Cowher wouldn’t coach the Jets if the job was even on the table. You talk about giving young guys a shot, but you would much prefer to not give a young HC a shot. I think the ’08 Jets we’re the best team assembled here in a while and Mangini and Bob Sutton flushed that year down the toilets. Rex has OVER ACHIEVED, every, single, season,

42. By Tom Spicer on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

2008 Giants win the Super Bowl Eli Manning has 56% completion percentage, 73.9 rating, 3,336 yards, 24 TDS, 20 picks & 7 lost fumbles. IS THIS ELITE? This year Mark has the same completion percentage, is rated way higher, will have way more yards at the end of the year, will have way more TDS, way less picks & less fumbles. The best TEAM wins not the best QB or I guess it would have been a safe bet to say Brady would have won that game NO?

43. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

The Giants had all PROS ALL OVER the place (Manning can do thins with his arm Sanchez cant hes a better QB (Spicer tell me about the Giants capabilitys as my business partner played for them for 6 years )The )Giants beat Brady (like Pittsb did this year )because they had the people UP FRONT to get to him without blizing =we definately dont.A qb is an exceptionallly large part of the team The Colts havent won a game all year why do you think.YOU still havent answered my question (GO FIGURE )If one of the elite guys by some miracle fell in Rexs lap would he need to ground and pound.

44. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Clark W i also think Rex has overachieved this team does not have the personal to compete with the big guys esp at qb (If they did they would win the div and beat the Balt and Pats )Compare us to say Pitts PLAYER FOR PLAYER other than REVI and FERGS who would start on Pittsburgh (Some of their backups are better than our starters )thats why they are where they are and were where we are.Rexs problem is with his mouth .His guarantees are becoming a meaningless joke

45. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Spicer, I agree that joe might be a little relentless on Sanchez, though I agree with a lot of his analysis. And I also agree with you that you gotta play with what you got and right now MS is it. I don’t say he can’t become elite, I just say he ain’t gonna become elite if everybody says he is that before he’s even close to it. Clarke, Cowher is just an example but there are many things I like about him better than Rex. His ability to keep his mouth shut and just coach the team, for one thing, as well as his interest in coaching the whole team instead of just fixating on a few things and farming out the rest of the hard work. And I’m generally for older coaches, whose job is to plan the game, and younger players, whose job is to play it.

46. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

pS Tom (Spicer )Manning played in the PRO BOWL in 2008 .Your stat book says Sanchez is having as good if not better year so logically Sanchez will be playing in this years probowl.LOl The man has a Superbowl bowl ring Tom He drove the ball down the field to win a championship Tom tHE only thing THAT MATTERS IN THIS LEAGUE IS WINNING THE SUPERBOWL

47. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Jet Fan Since 64 TOM i know what your saying but this guy is trying to compare a McDonalds Hamberger with a steak from Peter Lugars as both come from a cow.I am relentless because hes trying to justify for us not having that elite guy .You and i both know in todays game you cant

48. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Tom Jet Fan since 64 i too like Cowher and the guy they have there Tomlen .Both gentleman who keep their mouths shut and let their MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS on the field do all their talking.Tomlin last night was great.,”I dont predict anything i dont promise anything as we do all of out talking by our play on the field .The Pittsburgh Steelers play to win the superbowl anything short of that and the season is considered a failure :Tom thats what we need here less talking and promises more ACTUAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

49. By GaryC on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

cowher had Bruce Arians running the offense which he has for years just like LeBeau with the defense,that is why pittsburgh keeps winning even with the head coach change.

50. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

ps TOM JET fan since 64 I listen to MIKE FRANCESSA alot in the afternoon .Hes very accurate on the entire state of affairs .The public tolerates REXS antics because of the two afc championships .Should they falter the least bit or not improve year after year hes got a problem much faster than say a Tom Coughlan.That being said Rex was running his mouth all week about the damage were going to cause IF we get in

51. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Gary C exactly not to mention their drafts and free agaent pickups are mind boggling =they dont miss.LOL James Harrison Antonio Brown,Mike Wallace free agents on late round pickups.Rothesburger like the 3rd qb taken You never see them pay big money for established free agents they just dont believe in it.Baltimore is very good as well with Newsome

52. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Our guy is excellent as well Kellen Clemons Vernon Gholsten Kyle Wilson Vlad Duccasse are solid near pro bowl type players

53. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

And i forgot the two terrors they scooped up this year in the first and third rounds (Ellis and whatever ) .I think Rex compared them to GREEN and GREENWOOD

54. By Karan on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

I hate Mike Francesa, the guy has no class, he’s a grade A piece of ****. My favorite is 1050 ESPN, Ruccuo and Lundbergh are #1 (i know i spelled it wrong), then the rest of the Mikes (Lupicas so-so, golic and greeny are fun to listen to in the morning, kays not bad, don la grecca has a really good radio voice).

55. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Like I say, joe, I agree with most of your analysis — about Sanchez, the importance of an elite QB, Rex, how different Cowher and Tomlin are as HC’s and the results they’ve gotten, and how I’d like to see the Jets coached that way, develop talent that way, and win that way. I really think Rex falls well short of that and his impulsiveness may’ve been behind the picking of Sanchez, as if he HAD to be able to say he had an elite QB ASAP whether MS was that kind of prospect or not. I just sympathize with Spicer a little too, not only because we’ve got no choice but to sink or swim with MS for the rest of this year but because he’s been battling with me for weeks, now he steps out of the frying pan and into the fire and has to battle you…

56. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Jet Fan Since 64 Tom you EXACTLY correct the position is so so important he had to say he had an ELITE QB ASAP .(Remember Pete Carroll said he was no where near ready )After Stafford got drafted we moved up .Its all a crapshoot .This coaching regime has everything invested in him (they cant say they inherited him )

57. By joe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Karen Francess might not be the most tactful guy out there but be definately knows football .The guy echos Bill Parcells and not to many people on this planet know more about football than Parcells

58. By scjoe on Dec 9, 2011 | Reply

Some of you guys are living in the past with these coaches. Cowher took over a pretty good Steeler team, likewise Tomlin when Cowher left. Don’t assume they will have the same success with this team. A HC is as good as his players.

59. By joe on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

SC Joe what iam trying to say is our coach by his failure to come thru with the promises guarantees brings all of this on himself.Yesterday he was talking about the damage were going to do IF WE GET IN .Come on man we havent beat a team the entire season with a winning record .The division leaders we played got killed .

60. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

scjoe, I’m not saying any HC would guarantee a SB win — most HC’s are smart enough not to talk like that — but joe makes a great pt here about Rex’s “we can do some damage in the playoffs” talk. If you listen to the way Rex often talks — generalizing instead of addressing specifics (“Is it perfect?”), saying the most outrageously false things at the most obvious moments (raving about McKnight on ST the day Leon takes 2 KRs for TDs), getting excessively down after losing (scolding the D after a 10-6 loss) and excessively high after a win, you get a portrait of a very green, shallow, impulsive, overly emotional guy. I just don’t think such a guy should be seen as the HC of the next 10 yrs just ’cause that’s what he says he wants.

61. By scjoe on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

64/Joe, Sure I hear what you are saying about all of the talk. I totally agree with you both, BUT, the thing is all the talking in the world will never translate in to wins or losses on the field, so let him talk. I will stand by my statement that he is as good a HC or better, then all of the recycled HCs that are out there and available with the exception of one…PARCELLS, and even he couldn’t deliver here.

62. By Tom Spicer on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

Joe, You clearly dont know what you are talking about. Eli DID NOT MAKE THE PRO BOWL IN 2008 & you keep saying it. The season the Giants won the Super Bowl was 2007 but the game was played in 2008 in the 1st week of Febuary. Eli made the pro bowl in 2009. Also I can name the entire Giant roster that year. You said they had all these pro bowlers NO THEY DID NOT AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG! Who are these pro bowlers. Toomer, Boss (Shockey on IR), Jacobs, Bradshaw, Mitchell, Perice, Kewanuka. ALL NO & THESE WERE THERE BEST PLAYERS. Do your homework & come back when you know what you are talking about. You may post like crazy & fool these other guys but not me GET A CLUE!

63. By joe on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

WHY HOW would anyone make such a statement esp considering IF we do get in we will not be playing the likes of WASH,KC MIAMI BUFFALO.We will be playing NE BALT .Our past history this year against these teams playing them a total of 3x resulted in EMBARRASSING LOSES =TOTAL DOMINATION .IF WE DO GET AND AND THE RESULTS ARE THE SAME the entire organization will look like total baffones.

64. By joe on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

The above is the protypical point FRANCESSA was making.If you dont perform like your saying your going to the public tolerance will be MUCH LOWER than that of a coach who simply keeps his mouth shut Unless he absolutely wins it all REX LOSES.IF he doesnt get in hes laughted at, if he gets in and loses hes laughted at.Iam just wonder CONSIDERATING THE WAY HIS TEAM HAS PERFORMED THIS YEAR AGAINST WINNING TEAMS why he would make such a statement.

65. By joe on Dec 10, 2011 | Reply

TOM (SPICER )not for anything over the past few days i have specifically asked you numerious times the following 2 questions and for some reason you completely forgot to answer .Question 1 IF by some miracle Brees Brady Manning or Rogers fell in REXS LAP would REX EVER USE THE TERM GROUND and POUND AGAIN Question 2 LAST year the INDY Colts won approx 13 games .This year with the IDENTICAL TEAM MINUS ONLY 1 GUY they have not won once .Tom (SPICER )HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN AS THEY ARE ONLY DOWN 1 GUY.

66. By Tom Spicer on Dec 11, 2011 | Reply

Joe, If we had one of those types of QB’s you would never hear ground & pound again 2 The Colts were 9 & 7 last year & they stink this year becuase they lost there best player & probably the greatest QB of all time in Peyton.

67. By joe on Dec 11, 2011 | Reply

Tom you bought up the Giants not having an ELITE QB when they won YET THE GUY IS A PRO BOWL PLAYER .IF HES NOT elite how and why did he play in the PROBOWL. ONE EXCUSE AFTER ANOTHER like Rex

68. By joe on Dec 12, 2011 | Reply

Thank you for admitting that Tom too admitt he -Manning is prob one of the best all time