• Sun., Apr. 20, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel
  • Sun., May. 04, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Draft Show Prior to 1st RD of NFL Draft
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 6:30PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 08, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

The Jets and the Playoff Picture, Unofficially

Posted by Randy Lange on December 25, 2011 – 11:08 am

Updated, Wednesday, 1:05 p.m. ET

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. And the same goes for the Jets, who will need several presents from their distant relatives next weekend to feel better about the holidays and reach the playoff wonderland for the third time under head coach Rex Ryan.

Here are the different scenarios with explanations to help you get through today and head into the coming week’s preparation for the Dolphins:

First of all, the Jets have to win and the Bengals have to lose. In addition, if the 9-7 teams vying for the sixth seed are …

1. JETS and CIN only (TEN loses and either DEN or OAK loses)

The Jets are in as the AFC’s sixth seed.

The Jets’ conference record would improve to 7-5 with a win at MIA, while the Bengals’ conference record would fall to 6-6 with a home loss to BAL.

Will the Ravens have something to play for? You betcha. A BAL loss and a PIT win at CLE gives the AFC North title to the Steelers at 12-4 and the Ravens would go in as the fifth seed, on the road for Wild Card Week. A BAL win OR a PIT loss gives the Ravens the 2-seed, a bye week and a home game at M&T Bank Stadium, where they just finished their 8-0 regular season.

2. JETS, CIN and TEN (either DEN or OAK loses)

Jets are out.

CIN beat TEN in Week 9 but that washes out because the Jets didn’t play either team. In Scenario 1 above, CIN falls away due to conference record, but Jets and TEN, with a win at HOU, would both be at 7-5. Next tiebreaker is common opponents. Titans win, 4-1 to 3-2.

Does Houston have something to play for? No. Their AFC South title and first-ever playoff appearance is locked up. But even with a win to go to 11-5 and BAL and PIT losses to drop both to 11-5, the Texans cannot get the 2-seed because BAL would win the AFC North and the Texans lost to the Ravens in Week 6. This is not a good scenario for the Jets.

3. JETS, CIN and OAK (TEN loses, DEN wins)

Jets are out

The only way OAK gets into a wild-card tiebreaker scenario is if the Raiders, vs. SD, and the Broncos, vs. KC, both win. DEN wins the AFC West based on a better common-opponents mark than OAK, 8-6 to 7-7. The Broncos can’t be in a tiebreaker scenario with the Jets. Either they win the West at 9-7 or they finish second at 8-8.

CIN didn’t play OAK so the Raiders’ Week 3 win over the Jets doesn’t matter … yet. Next tiebreaker is conference record, with CIN again falling out at 6-6 to the Jets’ and Raiders’ 7-5. Then the Jets and OAK revert to the first tiebreaker, head-to-head. This is where the Raiders’ 34-24 win over the Green & White comes in and why the Jets go bye-bye.

4. JETS, CIN, TEN and OAK

Jets are out.

Originally (and as we mentioned, unofficially) we saw a possibility of the Jets being able to make up a strength of victory deficit to OAK and TEN, but upon further review, that can’t happen.

CIN again is a quick elimination based on conference record. Then it’s the Jets, Titans and Raiders in a tiebreaker steel-cage match. TEN and OAK didn’t play so head-to-head-to-head is out. Conference records would be identical 7-5′s. Common opponents requires a minimum of four games and these three combined only have three games each against common foes, so that’s out. On to strength of victory.

Based on current records plus the assumed wins or losses by teams to force this four-way tie, the Raiders’ strength of victory is now 62-78, the Titans’ 57-81 and the Jets’ 52-87. The Jets can make up only five wins (if DAL, JAX, WAS and BUF also win, with the Bills counting twice because the Jets beat them twice), not enough to catch the Raiders.

One final note: If the Jets do get in as the sixth seed, their first game would be at Houston vs. the third-seeded Texans.

These scenarios are not official, so if you see or hear something amiss above or just want to make a comment, come on down. We’ll be open (an hour here, an hour there) for Christmas.

Plays and Drives at Jets-Giants

The Jets’ 89 offensive plays Saturday was the sixth-most in a game in franchise history, the second-most in a non-overtime game, and the most in a home non-OT game. The only regulation match with more Jets plays were their 91 snaps, coincidentally on Christmas Eve, in the 34-20 loss to the Ravens (with Rex Ryan as their DL coach) to end the 2000 season.

The 64 dropbacks by Sanchez (59 passes, five sacks) was tied for third-most in a game in Green & White annals. The only games with more dropbacks were that ’00 Ravens game (70) and vs. the Baltimore Colts at home in 1970 (65).

Victor Cruz’s 99-yard catch-and-run from Eli Manning was not only the longest play from scrimmage by an opponent in Jets franchise history but also equaled the longest opponent drive by yards in Jets history. In the last quarter century there have been only three other 99-yard drives — at Buffalo in ’99, vs. the Ravens at home in ’98 and at Miami in ’89.

Tags: , , , , , ,

167 Responses to “The Jets and the Playoff Picture, Unofficially”

1. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

“PLAYOFFS?!?!?!” Forget about that, here’s the best Christmas present I got today. From the NFL site: “Report: Jets reconsidering if QB Sanchez is long-term answer. Sanchez’s poor play, as well as his overall up-and-down performance this season, now have the Jets seriously considering whether or not they have their franchise quarterback on their roster. A league source told ProFootballTalk.com on Sunday that the Jets are beginning to realize that Sanchez, whom the team drafted with its first-round pick in 2009, might not be their guy.” Sanders and those other guys bemoaned 59 att/no 20+ plays vs the Giants! Anyway, I told you Rex (not to mention Mr T) wouldn’t go down with any one player, guys. Watch what those two DO, not what they SAY.

2. By patsfan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

more play less talk!!!! glad your gone!!!! go pats!!

3. By FRANK on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! I hate to go negative on a day like today so I will do my best to temper my thoughts. As far as I am concerned Rex just struck out with me and I am certain with others. He has repeatedly embarrased this organization with his borish behavior the last straw was his behavior with Jacobs at the end of the game. I don’t want him to be the face of this organization any longer I don’t like what he represents he diminishes and demeans a very prestiges and respected fraternity of coaches and professionals who are the face of the NFL. It’s easy to act like the class clown it takes poise and character to act with class and dignity something clearly lacking in the Ryan universe.

4. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I’ll enjoy Christmas dinner that much more knowing Rex is on the hot seat from today on. It makes very little sense to go out and get a new QB for a HC who (a) Put so much blind faith in the wrong QB after it started becoming clear he might not be the guy (b) Has such a failed, out-of-date view of O to begin with, and (c) Embarrasses the team with nonsense like foul-mouthed arguments with players and spectators alike. Make all the excuses you want, Ira, Spicer, and others, but we’re a good bet to clean house NOW, fire Rex and most of his coaches, trade MS for whatever you can, get a real HC in, and let McElroy go up vs. another QB who plays like it’s 2012. And no, I’m not sentimental, after 48 yrs I want a team with a shot of winning big.

5. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

It’s also a break that Sanchez is due for a bonus before the 2012 season. You’d have to be beyond insane to give it to him. Trading him before the draft might bring in at least one of the additional high picks we desperately need. As for Schotty, his contract isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on, he may as well start looking for a new job at some small college now. As I’ve said before when his enormous failings have been most obvious, I have no problem with seeing the back of Rex ASAP. We need a HC in the Landry/Stram/Seifert/Cowher mold who thinks before he talks and acts. The Rex experiment, the ultimately disappointing on-the-field results, and all the atrocious off-the-field behavior that has come with it, is OVER!

6. By cjf on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Get off this website patsfan. Nobody respects you or your team. The Jets aren’t doe either. One more week left and we can still get in.

7. By Tom Spicer on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Tom 64, I do not think Mark will be gone. I think Schotty is going to take the fall for this & I will tell you why. If MR.T goes to Woody & says I traded players & a 2nd round pick to move up to take a QB who I gave $50 mil to & 3 years later I am getting rid of him. I honestly think MR.T would get canned (not that that is a bad thing his drafts are not good) but I think Rex & MR.T are going to throw Schotty under the bus & do whatever it takes to keep there jobs. The Jets will at least get a OT also maybe a WR & a RB.They are going to give Mark every chance possible to do well.The problem is if it does not work next year Rex will be out & maybe MR.T as well. There will be NO ONE else to blame because now Rex’s OC will be hand picked by him

8. By dougmc on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

We never got any better this year. It’s not all on Sanchez, but he is not progressing to another level. He looks good at times and keeps plays alive. Other times he looks hurried, scared and indecisive. We will need a much better effort next year because I don’t see them jumping ship and looking elsewhere for a QB. RG, pass rush and safety will be a high priority in off season. Maybe we back in to playoffs, but either way it’s back to the drawing board. Let’s Go Jets…

9. By Harv p on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Like rex ALOT but shut up now its getting old. Also lets get a new OC (Not saying its all his fault) b/c if you think (sanchez is our QB of the future which i dont) it’s not working with Schotty. Happy holidays.

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Rare words of sanity about a head coach who’s even more embarrassing off the field than on, Frank, thanks for posting them. And of course, because he’s “man enough” to take over the NFL, he’s “not going to change who he is,” as evidenced by his ludicrous remark today, “I’d like to see 60 rushing attempts.” Let’s see how many teams win any games for the rest of this yr, regular season or post-season, with anything close to 60 rushing attempts. And how many win by leading with passing and scoring TDs.

11. By Gerry on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

We need a A, QB not a B rated QB, Jets go no ware with a B, QB except he is fine tuned for excuses after every loss, but can,t learn from his past mistakes. Has tunnel vision, Only reason Jets are a some time contender is because of the other talent on team, not the QB

12. By viveca on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I agree totally with Jet fan and with Frank. We need a big shake up within the organization. I was a huge fan of Ryan at first, but his behavior is becoming more and more of an embarrasment. I have a hard time believing Woody is happy with Rex’s antics. What was amusing at first is now painful to listen to.
    To keep boasting as you’re getting your teeth kicked in makes you pathetic.
    In my opinion we need big changes from the top down, even Mr. T should not feel safe. Maybe there was a reason why Baltimore was so reluctant to make Ryan HC. It’s sad to be back to this situation again, but bold moves are needed, starting with the coaching staff and the QB.

13. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Tom HOW MANY WEEKS HAVE WE BEEN SAYING THE SAME thing now maybe all those who ignored the truth about SANCHEZ will wake up.

14. By russ on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Sitting in my seat watching game ,Jets played better football thru out the day…not making a tackle on Cruz gave up the lead…and the real problem was not having a go to guy on thhird down like cotchery …too bad the front office guys play fantasy football and let pleyers with heart and soul like a Woodhead and cotchery go for show boat players in the endzone…this team is and never will be going any where…we buy are tickets for the social activity of football, if

we stayed home we would be miserable sniping creeps with more pointers than a parcupine in a cactus field…

15. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Russ the real problem is SANCHEZS .You could have ANDRE JOHNSON and CALVIN JOHNSON at WRS AND IT WOULD NOT MEAN A THING AS without a qb IT ALL MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING .LAST TIME I CHECKED THE COLTS AND TEXANS HAD THE SAME WRS but without MANNING AND SCHAUB IT DOESNT MATTER.EVERY AUTHORITY STATES IT A QB DRIVEN LEAGUE for a reason.

16. By wayne on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Enjoy the social activities at the stadium. I met a gentle man at the old stadium….He had 2 season seats, only he went alone…..You see one of the socializers, stone drunk, fell on his wife….She would go to no more games……….Don’t need to go to Jets games to socialize……I am happy win lose or draw…….Enjoy Rex…..We wonder why our kids today behave the way they do……..Look at how adults behave……………………………….Enjoy your social Russ.

17. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for ruining Mark Sanchez’s career, Brian Schottenheimer, I officially hate you.

18. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Tom I HEARD THAT 60 RUSHING attempt NONSENSE.Iwonder why the PATS SAINTS AND PATS dont need to rush the ball 60X to win .LOL the press pressed RYAN yest AND HE FINALLY ADMITTED WERE NOT BUILT TO THROW THE BALL 60X or in other words OUR QB IS INCABABLE.

19. By Mark@Jets Realty on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Fitting E.Smith leaping & tackling “air” vs. H. Cruz. No fan of RR but he doesn’t believe 1/2 things he says. He will change. Look at coaches who missed on their 1st NFL jobs:Shanahan,BB,Coughlin. Rex comes across like a jerk a lot but he knows how to set up defenses & players play for him. Telling off season testing his loyalty vs. logic. Does he bring Bart Scott back? If he does then we will need a new head coach in 1 year. I don’t like MS but please give me a break. McElroy looked good in exhibition games but get real.I don’t believe Colts owner will keep PM and Luck. If Manning can be had for no draft picks & health checks out, gotta go for him. Tom Moore is here. Archie would love both boys in NY. He buys his place in Trump Tower.

20. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I knew we were going to lose, the amount of trash talking Rex does and the fact that he can’t back it up was going to backfire on him. I do hope Dallas beat the Giants next week, I hate Jacobs for what he said. As much as Rex talks, whatever Jacobs said to him is uncalled for and definitely disrespectful to a head coach.

21. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I know people of going to be all over Mark for this, trust me, I hated the way he played yesterday too, but I still do not think he is the problem in this team. He definitely needs to improve his deep throwing, like the one he missed to McKnight really was irritating. You have to make those throws.

22. By lou on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Really, both Shotty and Sanchez have to go. They are really that bad. I see rebuilding year all over again.

23. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been saying it from day one, the biggest problem on this team is Brian Schottenheimer. I don’t know what it will take until I see a breaking news banner saying that the New York Jets have officially fired Brian Schottenheimer. I cannot wait until that day, Besides from Mark having a poor day, that had to be one of the worst play-calling series I have ever seen. Why would you pass it so many times when Mark is clearly not at that level?? People tend to forget Mark is only in his 3rd year. It took Eli Manning a while to get with the system. Mark is still a young QB, he still makes stupid mistakes but I’m telling you, and I don’t care what anyone says, the flaw with this team is Brian Schottenheimer. He is ruining Mark’s career.

24. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

ps its CHRISTMAS maybe i can DAYDREAM with alot of others on this forum COWHER COWHER COWHER.lol HE would never come here =ALREADY STATE NOT INTERESTED IN ANY JOB THAT HAS NO FRANCHESE LEVEL QB IN PLACE.NO coach can make CHICKEN SALAD OUT OF UM CHICKEN FEATHERS.

25. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Have you guys seen how good our offense plays and how good Mark plays when Tom Moore is in the booth?? It’s the coaching people, there is a major flaw in Schottenheimers system. Philip Rivers started playing great once Shottenheimer left San Deigo. I don’t why this coaching staff does not realize. The fact now they think Mark is not the franchise QB gets me worked up. How do you think he got to playing so poorly at times?? Yes, I know he needs to play better, I’m not saying he’s the best QB ever, I know that, his deep passing stinks, he needs to increase his completion %. All I’m saying is give the kid a chance to work in a new system. Like a Tom Moore system, and then we’ll judge him. If he does bad is that, he’s got to go.

26. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I don’t know if we’ll make the playoffs, 2 out of the 3 teams that really scare me right now are the Bengals and Titans. Ravens always seem to find a way to lose to bad teams and give up the division to Pittsburgh. I hope they play their butts off and beat Cincy while taking the division crown. San Diego I think will go out on a strong game beating Oakland, but never say never in the NFL. The team that scares to beejeezus out of me are Titans. I hope Wade Philips is coaching the defense next week and I hope they have their starters out. I know Tebow will find a way to win. I think we can win too. I’m hoping for the best, but honestly, this Jets team doesn’t even deserve to be in the postseason, so we’ll see what happens.

27. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Jets fan 64 Tom, I understand you don’t like Sanchez. He disappointing the heck out of me yesterday too, but do you at all not see that the biggest problem on this team is Brian Schottenheimer???? There are many issues on this team, but I’m just talking about the biggest one, and that without a doubt, is the OC.

28. By M.S. Reid on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

The loss to the Giants was humiliating. No reason for the failings this year other than leadership. Obviously something didn’t come together. Between Rex’s boisterous commentary, Sanchez’s horrible gameplay, Schotty’s lack of inspiration (play calling and motivating players), and Mike T’s trading away of every classy veteran in the locker room – who is really surprised we can’t win when it counts? This is truly depressing. I just hope we win a SB in the next 42 years….

29. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

What I would like for next season:
    A new Offensive Coordinator (a good one at that, like Tom Moore perhaps??)
    A veteran wide receiver (nothing against Kerley, the kids great, but would Cotchery be willing to come back??)
    Pretty much a brand new offensive coaching staff (with a better QB coach)
    A right tackle
    A taller solid safety (I like E. Smith, but he’s not a good cover guy, he’s a great hard-hitter)
    A better back-up tight end (this is a shot at Mulligan, we do have Cumberland, he’s good, let’s just hope he stays healthy)
    A better punter??
    Depth at O-line and in other areas
    That’s really it,please fill me in if I’m missing any other needs,and please don’t say QB,because i know I didn’t mention Sanchez,but I’m still sticking with the kid

30. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

A yea, I forgot to mention that we all need a Pass Rusher, slipped my mind.

31. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Please re-sign** these unrestricted free agents:
    Sione Pouha
    Jim Leonhard
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    Robert Turner
    Brodney Pool
    [Signing these guys back is a must, Pouha the heart of the D-line, us Jets fans love him, Leonhards the QB of the secondary (he just needs to stay healthy), L.T. is a humble and great veteran, it would be a honor to have him return, Robert Turners a great back-up OL, Brodney is a solid player)
    Honorable mention:
    Plaxico Burress (I like that guy, we just need to get him in the Offense more, but it would be nice to see him back)
    As for the Restricted guys**:
    Aaron “mayhem” Maybin,
    (he just might be the pass rusher we need with a few more years in the Rex Ryan system)
    Honorable mention:
    Marquice Cole + Patrick Turner

32. By Karan on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I had a lot to get off my mind loll, sorry for so many posts.

33. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Thanks, Viveca, haven’t heard from you in awhile, though I can understand that the way we’ve been playing. joe, fans can be behind the curve as much as they want but the guys who write the checks have to be ahead of it, which is why I kept saying Sanchez’s 3rd yr was so crucial. Spicer, I think your analysis is brilliant and goes to the heart of why Rex isn’t a great HC. He’s ducked taking the reins of the O, now he has to but if he fails he’s done. I can see Rex with a new OC, McElroy vs MS in the summer, and Mc taking over the job when MS plays like this again next yr. But even that may be generous on Woody’s part and as you say, Mr T hasn’t set the world on fire lately, especially not this yr. Love that last line of your post, russ!

34. By harry-o on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

at least the jets move up on the draft board
    mc ellroy must be drooling right now, you know he wants to play
    MS is medium QB , not bad, not good, just average that’s reality
    Shotty please go to miami and keep their QB from getting any better
    perhaps a new OC will help MS, if not he will become an excellent back up QB
    for any team in the league
    for Rex , actions speak louder than words. winning says it all.
    the team played hard , just came up short ( one game,we know which one )
    from #9 to #6 one day , back to #9 in another
    it is a season for miracles

35. By scjoe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I am losing faith in Rex. The team seems to be getting more and more undisciplined and unprepared, that falls on the HC. That said I would like him to stay, I still believe he can get us there. The OC? If he is not gone by seasons end their needs to be an investigation. The QB?? I didn’t like the move from the outset, I hate it now, but I have given him the benefit of the doubt because of the changes at the WR position but it is as obvious as it can be that he is not close to being that “franchise” QB that some people thought he was going to be. His accuracy and pocket presence will never improve.

36. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

The other thing, Spicer, is timing: Rex, Schotty, and Sanchez’s is awful, Woody’s is great. The NFL is seeing an explosion of QB talent. Elite QBs rule, Newton breaks Mannings’ record, Dalton and Green hook up like vets, and guys like Rivers, Eli, and Ryan now rate as just okay. Meanwhile, Rex talks of running 60 times, Schotty is either hamstrung or headstrong or both, and MS is on a Selectric in the Pro Tools era. But Woody has $, motivation to prosper in what had better be a stronger post-2012 economy, and the SB coming up at the park he half-built. He has absolutely nothing to gain by dithering and everything to gain by making big changes now. Plus Rex is practically asking to be fired with his immature behavior with fans and players.

37. By scjoe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

To continue, at this point no one knows what changes will take place. You can point to the obvious ones but then you have to take in to consideration the politics that will supersede some of those “obvious moves” the moves that simply have to take place to improve this team. Looking at it on a positive note, I don’t think a cleaning house type scenario is necessary, just a few upgrades at a few key positions and a change in philosophy will get it done.

38. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Funny thing is, if Rex had fired Schotty and brought in his own OC when he should’ve (right after the second loss to MIA in 2009), he’d be in a lot stronger position now across the board. But as Arte has been telling me for yrs now, Rex’s whole thing is the past, excessive loyalty to the past and to the people who are back there in it. And right now just about everybody in Jets Nation, no doubt Mr. Johnson most of all, can see a very dark future if things aren’t changed fast. Gerry, agree totally about Sanchez vs. the talent of the rest of the team or at least parts of it, and that’s been the case for too much of MS’s 3 yrs. Would love to know what NFL source leaked that the Jets are rethinking sticking with him.

39. By scjoe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Hate to beat a dead horse, but once again I think that the politics of the game, and of this team will muddy the waters on the most important issue surrounding this team, the QB position. Besides that, based on performance, how many other teams out there in need of a quality QB do you believe will be knocking down the Jets front door to offer draft picks and/or players for his services? All that said, how do the NY Jets address the QB position after the season? Start over with a high pick? A FA? A trade? My preference, listen to all offers for MS, offer a high pick to GB for b/u QB Matt Flynn and look to their coaching staff for our next OC

40. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Finally, Spice, it doesn’t matter who you have at WR if your QB can’t see him or throw to him accurately or how well you protect the QB if his pocket presence is weak. And RBs have never been less important in modern pro football. (The Giants “established the run” with a 99-yd TD pass!) The knives are definitely
    out for Sanchez because despite his many bad games, I’ve never read so many articles and posts about his failure to see open men, to put the ball where it needs to be, his horrific pp on the safety, and this weird new habit he seems to have developed (emulating Tebow?) of walking into sacks. That’s it for me, gang, I’m off to Christmas dinner and dreams of a Jet team that plays in NFL Future, or at least NFL Present, not NFL Past.

41. By TONY GARCIA on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

I agree Rex is getting old with his remarks,get o-line fixed pass rusher were not having these post.If quarterback has no time they will usually look bad.Sanchez is not long term solution if our guy from Alabama gains some weight he will be the guy he’s smart and will not turn ball over as much.Jetfan since 1969.

42. By Gerry on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Brian Schottenheimer, has to play the cards he is dealt with, when you have a QB that can,t, then you are limited. BS does not have a play to get sack in the end zone to lose the game, BS does bot have a play to throw to the other team when their are no other Green Jerseys anywhere in the area, or have a game plan to throw a pass to your receiver prior to completion of his route, and throw when he is not looking back and hit him in the back of his helmet, BS does,t not have a play to fumble the snaps. this happens week after week. BS does not call a play to watch a pass rush until you are sacked. Can,t call a play for more than 20 yards, because your QB can,t go deep or vertical

43. By T on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Dear Santa (Woody Johnson),
    If only it was as simple as receiving gifts based on who is “naughty” & who is “nice”. It was simple yesterday….. we didn’t deserve to win. Our players are unprepared. Repeatedly last year & the whole season this year. Period! It is time to part ways with our coaching staff. New York isn’t for everybody. This is a professional league with professional athletes. Athletes which get paid very well to play & play hard every play in NFL.
    Our holes are evident. Right Tackle, Strong Safety, Free Safety, OLB, a deep threat WR, & a strong look at QB. Sanchez has to be evaluated by the new head coach, real offensive coordinator, & a qb coach that can assist successfully with films, reads, & decision making.

44. By T on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

an open letter to santa……..

45. By IRA on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

The only thing i can say is that with 5 min to go i thought they needed to run the ball as much as they can. The clock was not a factor and they had 3 timeouts. I just don’t get it. The Jets played right into the Giants hands. Even though Sanchez was not great in the 1st half he was 18-28 and looked a lot more in command than in the 2nd half. I credit the Giants for making adjustments at halftime and we didn’t counter.
    Going into this week i think Cin and Tenn will lose. I think its possible Oak or Den could lose. Big question to me is do the Jets bounce back after 2 bad losses? We will have plenty of time to talk about changes if they lose. Lets get this game and see were we are at by the end of the day.

46. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Sure were going to have a new o cord (REX has to make a token mover of some sort remove distract BLAME FROM HIM .)Not going to matter (NE CHANGES CORD EVERY FEW YEARS DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH BRADY )A coach is only as good as his talent.Tom Moore CANT GIVE SANCHEZ THE PHYSICAL ABILITYS HE DOESNT HAVE.(PEOPLE ARE DREAMING AGAIN ) The JET COACHES know SANCHEZS has severe limitations thats why their a ground and pound team to work off play action.This is the NFL systems are inplementated to fit the talent on hand .Shula ran the ball with GRIESE PASSED IT WITH MARINO.Shannahon(DENVER) was a GURU with ELWAY hows it working for him with Grossman(Wash )

47. By McQueen on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Never heard a bigger bunch of crybabies in my life. Who cares about how much Rex talks. All I care about is wins. That’s what will determine his fate.

48. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

lOL i would love to see a cordinator any cordinator give a nfl veteran with 4 years experiance the ability to throw the ball downfield IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT you either have it or you dont .The same thing on defence RYAN is a great defencive coach BUT HE CANT TURN ERIC SMITH into ED REED.

49. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

PS the STEELERS SAINTS PACK AND PATS dont contend every year because their coaching is any better they contend every years because their talent level part at qb position is better than everyone else. (THESEV TEAMS RARELY MISS ON DRAFT PICKS )The COLTS Caldwell TOOK THEM TO THE SUPERBOWL A FEW YEARS AGO today their 2 and what.LOL did the guy suddenly forget how to coach or did the talent level at the most imp position suddenly get downgraded Gary Kubiccs Texans ARE A DIFFERENT TEAM WITHOUT SCHAUB.

50. By joe on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

ps BELLICHK the best coach in football let something happen to BRADY see what happens then .The guys REGARDED as a defencive guru BUT NE DEFENCE IS BAD THIS YEAR .ANSWER THEY MISSED ON DRAFT PICKS no coach can make up for that

51. By sal on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

What was Tom Moore here for, really. If he had any part that game plan Iam in shock what was his input in yesterdays offensive disater?, rex dont adjust the offensive game plan on the fly , thats apparent, There has to be something thats been brewing all year, and I hope its done after next week, cause this will be the worst offseason in a long time for me as a fan, and glad I didnt bite and committ to the pricey seat package I want, almost got me iin 09, unless Tom Moore has company here next year, seems I will nevere get them, and this franchise will flounder for another decade. sanchez is no better than browning nagle. And we wont have to endore another on the fly offensive game plan, If I was on D I would loose faith too they are human!

52. By Jimmer on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

How is this all Sanchez’s fault. He twice hit Keller in the facemask Saturday. Problem was, Keller was loafing, like Holmes has been lately. Receivers should always have an eye on their QB. Kinda like catching the ball before trying to run with it, as we’ve seen on ST’s this year as well. Cotchery & Chrebet always knew what was going on. Even Chris Baker had an eye on the QB at all times. MS is not to blame for missing blocks, nor dropping balls.
    Give the kid a top 10 OL, a receivers coach that actually corrects the flaws, and an OC that will tailor game plans to our favor, and the O will look much better. And guess what, Sanchez will look better.

53. By Jimmer on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Karan,
    Leonard is too small to cover a TE, Smith can’t either. Pool is too thin. We need 2 safeties.
    RT-that experiment is over. I’m fine with going with the 1st rd pick there.
    LB-Scott is too slow, BT is in his last yr I think. Neither can cover a TE either. So we might be looking at 2LB’s too. But I think Maybin can cover a TE with that speed, slide him inside to Scotts position. Westerman seems like ES in the IQ dept. So we may look to draft at OLB since Pace only has 1 more year as well.
    Yeah, a new OC big time, otherwise Rex will be out of here next yr.

54. By Jimmer on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

Pt 2-F/A’s
    Pouha, LT, R.Turner, P.Turner and Maybin should be welcomed back with open arms.
    Leonard, lots of heart, but the same leg again??? Pool doesn’t have the size, look at what a smaller back did to him on Saturday.
    Plax? Turner has the same size and better speed. Let’s see what he gets offered by other teams, he has been a class act since his arrival though, unlike Holmes.

55. By Jimmer on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

We do have one tool in our arsenal we haven’t had since Rex arrived. We will get a pick in the teens, and we can actually sign free agents. The past 2 off seasons we’ve been hampered by the final 4 rule. We will be free to sign any UFA we want. We need it too. We’ve scrimped by with lunchpail guys as starters at a couple positions. Our needs in order:
    1.RT 2.ST 3.LB 4.ST(yes that makes 2) 5.DE 6.LB(yup,2again) 7.OG 8. RB 9.TE 10.NT 11.WR 12.P 12.PK
    We need to be very careful to get these needs filled between F/A & the draft.

56. By cgb on Dec 25, 2011 | Reply

no explosion plays for sanchez in a long time. He had plenty last year why not this year. believe me this is not on mark s. not all of it any way. FIRST you want to improve the passing, then we are better off running. what is the jets philosophy offensively? Maybe cotchery, braylon, b. smith makes a difference. I heard the story on ” NFL.COM” about jets not sure of Mark S may not be future franchise QB . If that story has any truth to it ,was probably started by jets own inner coaching ranks ,not discluding GM as this would give them the option of saving their own jobs and sacrificing players to rebuild for future.

57. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Karan, scjoe, TONY, and others, I’m afraid you’re not getting it. ESPN and other sports channels were on at the home where I had Christmas dinner and I saw that the Jets have become the joke of the NFL. There are so many things for Rex to live down about his moment with Jacobs (talking more SB, using obscenity, risking the possibility of a riot at the stadium if a fight broke out between them) that the entire Rex era is now under the microscope. “Rethinking Sanchez” may well be a way of saying rethinking most of what Rex has done, and one thing he hasn’t done is field a modern O. It’s way beyond adding a OT or whatever now. If we don’t make the playoffs next Saturday, Rex could be fired Sunday and then most everyone’s jobs are up for grabs.

58. By JetOfOz72 on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Where there is smoke there’s fire… For me that’s it with Sanchez… So inconsistent. Time for Gang Green to move on. Get Manning for the interim, he still has a few years under his belt and draft a young QB that can learn from Peyton. Like a Tom Brady and definitely not a Curtis Painter…. Plax and Toni will love the big pass bombs from Peyton… The running game would certainly benefit from this also…

59. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

As for your list, Karan: LT? Retire. Pool, Turner, Cole? Back-ups at best. Pouha? Starter for now, possible back-up or retire soon. Maybin? Maybe. Leonhard? Done, and not just for the injury. He embodies all that’s wrong with Rex, a sentimental favorite who can’t cover, small, and coming off 2 serious injuries. We need at least 1 Reed/Polamalu at S. A QB who strikes fear into opposing D’s, not one who strikes fear into Jet fans. Faster LBS who can cover. And yes, we do need new blood at WR, RB, and OL. But we need all this by next summer to compete for the SB in the yr it’s in our house, which is a tall order so bickering about Leonhard or Hunter is barely small change. Woody didn’t envision a 6-10 Jet team as spectators at the SB in 2014.

60. By JOHN on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

FIRE SHOTTY!!! LOVE REX CANT STAND SHOTTY THIS IS GETTING OLD FIRE HIM ALREADY HE IS THE REASON WE CANT WIN!!! HES HORRIBLE!!!!! Sanchez is a b qb at best but he will never succeed with shotty here. also, if we can get payton manning lets do it!

61. By Christopher on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Wow Randy, that was a lot fo work, but before any of that matters the Jets have to beat Miami on the road, and that is highly unlikely.

Time to rebuild….Woody Johnson…clean house. Mr T, Rex, Shotty, and Sanchez.

62. By Brian on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Still a long suffering fan!!!! Horrible game for Gang Green and I am rethinking Sanchez. They need to give him help back there but he does look scared in the pocket when getting pressure. Let’s hope for a miracle next week with us winning and the 3 teams losing!!!

63. By Zig on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The kid from Alabama is our future! Bold prediction, but I sense he owns the winner gene.

64. By IRA on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Hou needs to look at what Cin did in 09. They backed off in that last game of the year and lost and then they played the Jets the following week. Well how did that work out for them? So Hou doesn’t want to have that happen to them they need to stop their bleeding and win a game plus knock Tenn out. If they lay down and give that game to Tenn they will lose the following week to them again. I guarantee that!

65. By joeyjets12fla on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

i don’t care if we get peyton or even tebow on this team, no protection gets us nothing, and right now we have no protection. rexs biggest mistake is he messed with the chemistry of the o-line with a subar oc. twice we could have had bing returns and all we’re getting are fair catches and jl is not even playing. can’t blame the d on this one they forced something like 4 or 5 punts in the 3rd quarter but a least the g-men tried to go deep. then we punt 4 times and never had or tried to attemped a play longer then 7 or 8 yards. for the 2nd week in a row the o-line looks confused and exhausted going into the 4th q. trying to wear down there d and we’re wearing down our own o-line instead. a safety on 1st and 10 @ the 8 pathetic.

66. By Jack on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Hello you play to win the game. Jets made the wrong move by not getting QB, Matt Stafford they should had made a offer to Detroit for the no# pick that year Or Jets could had try to get Matt Ryan has well fail to make a trade up for him. Jets will need to fixs the offensive lines in the off season big time. Still think they should get a new OC, Defense as well need to be adress.

67. By WiL on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The list of things wrong with the Jets is pretty long, but my opinion is that the poor offensive production is a combo of Shotty and Sanchez. Shotty has been calling horrible offense all season, and Sanchez misses the throws he needs to make as a quarterback in the NFL. Yesterday had he not overthrown Mcknight it would have been a TD, it made me sick to my stomach. Most QBs salivate at the thought of single coverage, Sanchez apparently cant convert when he is supposed to, it is unacceptable. However, Shotty calls a double handoff early in the game and it works, so later on he calls it again on a second and 3 or 4, the giants read it immediately and crush it and now its 3rd and long, and we all know how sanchez does on 3rd downs

68. By joeyjets12fla on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

did anyone notice this? you’re playing at home the sun is behind you comming over your left shoulder and the plays keep going to right side so reciever has to look straight into th sun. you’re in your own stadium you would think that someone would have a clue to try something in the iar to the left side so the reciever can see the ball comming. sound nitpickie? well think about this,on the opening drive the giants stopped us on a 3rd down play rex goes for it on 4th down and they stop us again the penalty was tickie tack but we got the call and make a touch down. ugly, but i’ll take it. problem is we never scored again untill the 4th. this team does not win close games so forget about being behind for 3 plus quarters and get a win

69. By WiL on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

It is just frustrating as a fan to have to watch an offense that is so predictable that I know what is going to happen next and I have never even played organized football, it makes me sad. I am also tired of seeing sanchez choke under pressure when I know he is capable of making throws, I really think that shotty puts him in such bad positions that he can’t handle the pressure. I think Sanchez is a tough kid for sure, and I think he is better than how he plays, but if he can’t step up then something needs to be done, I say fire shotty and if that doesnt work then look for a new qb immediately after one more season. And please let us get a legitimate pass rusher, no one is scared of getting sacked by the jets anymore.

70. By Tom Spicer on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I know the QB needs alot of the blame but there is plenty of blame to go around. The O line has been terrible anyone with 2 eyes can see that Wayne Hunter should not be on a NFL roster & that Slauson has not played well. Only 2 QBS in the entier NFL have been sacked more than Mark he has taken a beaten. Letting Faneca & Woody go for cheap replacements has not worked. Championship caliber teams have at least 3 good WRS some of them Pats, Pack, Steelers have 4 or 5 we have 2. Letting Braylon & Cotchery go & only bringing in Plax was a bad idea. The D has not played well this year they have given up 24 or more points in 8 games this year. As EVERYONE knows we have no pass rush & our safteys are terrible.

71. By Tom Spicer on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Schotty who has been under fire since he got here will 2 fired in less then 2 weeks I guarntee it he will be the fall guy for this but I will not miss his dink & dunk O anyway. Finally MR.T drafts this year Wilkerson & Ellis yet to be determined. Last year Wilson & Duccase DOES NOT LOOK GOOD! 3 years ago Sanchez & Greene only OK. We have not had a good draft in 4 years! Free agents Cromarite ok, Pool, Leonhard, Scott, Pace, Jenkins have not worked out. Where is the homerun here I dont see it. The guys that were good Woody, Braylon, Cothcery & Faneca for one reason or anoter they did not bring back. The point is THERE IS PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND!

72. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The sum total of your post, Spicer, is that Rex hasn’t done all that well in his 3yrs and when you add his ridiculous personal behavior, it’s more than time for a change. I can’t imagine what people say they love about Rex at this point. He’s all talk, little insight, zero discipline, and he’s turned the face of the Jets into something extremely ugly to look at. I know what that one poster above meant about wanting the Jets to lose because of Rex’s antics, because I hear that from almost every football fan I meet who’s not from New York.

73. By joeyjets12fla on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

response to joe you’re right about having the right talent. when shula had danny boy they sure could pass but o-line couldn’t open up holes for the backs and the d couldn’t stop the run they gave up 211 yards on the ground to the 49ers in superbowl XIX.on the first play elway opens up super bowl XXII with a 56 yard pass for a touchdown and then they make a field goal for a 10-0 lead in the first quarter. then the d gives up 35 points in the 2nd quarter. denvers looses 42-10.

74. By GaryC on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Look, the giants had so little regard for the jets pass rush, they threw out of the end zone three straight times and were rewarded with a touchdown,I guess they figured if you take enough shots at wilson and cromartie you win in the long run and they sure did.the jets will no longer get the top free agents coming out,who is coming to this circus,tanny better get better because the draft might be the only way to get better.Oh, by the way, if you don’t think the jet players who say they have Rex’s back aren’t telling other players from teams to stay awhile stop living in a dreamworld.

75. By Freddie p on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I cannot figure this out They have they players to get the job done. I think rex has put to much pressure on them. Everytime with media opening his mouth were gonna win we are going to superbowl and so on .

76. By Jim on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

As a season ticketholder it is enraging to listen to Rex and Mark speak every week about the need to fix a few things and make some corrections. The fact is that every week we see the same mistakes — a defense that can’t make a 4th quarter stop; a quarterback that can’t see the open receiver downfield; an offensive line that can’t protect the quarterback; and stupid penalities that are committed at the most inappropriate time. Enough talk! These are the kind of problems that start with a coaching staff that doesn’t have a good plan to start with and is unable to make adjustments during the course of the game to impact play. Saying we are going to win doesn’t make it happen!

77. By IRA on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

GaryC That 3rd down play was to set up room for Weatherford to have room to punt not get a 99 yd TD.Cro and Wilson have to make that tackle. It gave the Giants life who were dead at that point. Then the Jets march down the field and miss the FG and that took the wind out of them. And still with 5 min to go they are in position to win the game.

78. By Patty on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I think the offensive line doesn’t protect the quarterback as well now. I think Sanchez makes too many mistakes. I think the play calling is bad. In the first quarter they would run it and then fake the run with lazer precision, then stopped. Several 3 and outs then stop. Receivers were dropping the balls. then came the penalties. Balls were being overthrown and no mismatches were being taken advantage of. No method to the madness. It’s like the Jets aren’t a disciplined excellent team, don’t know how to be. It looks like they don’t know how to play the chess game of football. They just run a bunch of plays but there is no theme to to team. Let’s try this. Let’s try that. It is the hallmark of the SOJ teams. ALMOST for25 years hate it now

79. By Pat Kelly on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Hi Jet Fans,

It is a real shame that the Jets will not be in the playoffs this season. Though, there is a long-shot that they might sqeak in as a wild-card, Sanchez seems to have a need to win games for the opposite team, through weekly interceptions, fumbles and now safetys. The Jets seriously need to find another quarterback.

As for Rex Ryan, he should keep his mouth shut this week, PLEASE! As soon as he started with his “big brother” crap against the Giants, I knew the Jets were done.

As posted in a few comments, the former Jet team members traded or released to acquire Holmes was another mistake. Edwards, Brad Smith, Damien Woody, Jason Taylor and Cotchery are all missed! Ann Holmes is a troublemaker.

80. By Chicago Bob on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I think it is unanimously agreed that Sanchez has looked bad at times however before you give up on him, let’s see him work in another offense. There have been times when he has looked solid so it is worth giving it a shot. How often do you see Jets receivers open? Sanchez constantly is forced to throw passes to receivers that are well covered. It just seems to me that Schotty’s offensive scheme does not fool anybody – one way or the other, both of them cannot come back next year as it is obvious this isn’t working and Rex cannot take the chance to try it again. GET SOME SPEED on defense – this is one of the slowest defenses in football. Get a RDE who can rush the passes, two OLB’s that can move and a safety to replace Smith.

81. By logan on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

HEY MCQUEEN Are you supossed to be like Steve Mcqueen ??? Wow that is so cool, do you have a Mustang to??? You pretend so good, no one cares what You think go back to your fantasy land O.K. ???

82. By Patty on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Christmas Wishes if I continue as a fan for another year;
    All I want for Christmas is One Dan Marino (McElroy), One Faneca, One Welker, two Antonio Gates, Two Dwight Freeneys, two Polamalus, an OC like Tom Moore and a front line we can call WALL STREET.

83. By cgb on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

spicer ,your right plenty of blame to go around. Tanny thinks he can rebuild every year and tweek the roster and make it better. Woody look at GM,HC,AND OC and you make a change… it’s your team. not all the blame is with these 3 just most of it, as they have most of the control to effect all possible outcomes on game day. and they have in a most negative way. Mangini to Rex 180 degree in player personel conduct, and team dicipline on the field . Never seem to get the right coaches and players at the same time.I know what i would do if i owned the ny jets.

84. By rich on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

the jets make the playoffs? you have a better shot at seeing jesus on a skateboard! bye bye rex your loud mouth will not be missed

85. By Larry K on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

How can you fault Sanchez, when he has no time at all. He was sacked 5 times and the O line is poor and on top of that, the coaches give them no help. If we know that our line can’t hold then help them. When we go with 2 TE and a full back and play action, this is the only time that Mark has time to see the field. Passing 59 times with a poor offensive line, no protection and no time, what is wrong with this picture. Plax is too slow and only good in the end zone, that puts us down to only one reciever, unless we give Turner a chance. Our safeties are too slow to catch anyone, only good at stopping the run. To come out two weeks in a row after halftime and still having a chance at the game and goind 3 and out is poor coaching

86. By Jerry on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Tired of hearing the sameold excuses after each game. I think the problem with our OC is he can’t count (witness 65 pass attempts). In addition, why hasn’t the OC appeared on ANY of the postgame shows….I guess he can’t speak as well. I thought I seen the worst in Rich Kotite but once again the Jets have outdone even that with Shotty’s performance. Get smart and get rid of him before fan base starts to leave unless it’s too late already.

87. By Charley on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Let me open with I am a season ticket holder since Shea days, so I have seen WAY WORSE (Lou Holtz, Charley Winner and the greatest bust Rich Kotite!). so I know we are not as awful as we feel or as we once were. BUT this year I had a bad vibe from jump – Rex/MT decided to lose continuity & drop the WRs that you young QB just got comfy with?), fail to OL and replace D Woody right?, and think Shonn Green is the next Drew-Jones?.

As for Giants game, all wrapped up in the butchering of a tremendous face saving opportunity: 1st and ten at the 50, down 6, 3 time outs and a 3 and OUT response (3 shotgun passes??). Good bye Schotty.

88. By radrick13 on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Having been a Jets fan since the pre Namath days of the old AFL, it looked like new hope when Rex came in with new enthusiasm and said no more “same old Jets.” Well, guess what.

89. By GaryC on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

like I said on a previous post,the giants threw three times from their end zone,If the jets did that people would have been screaming,why not run the ball, that’s what happens when you have playmakers on the outside.It is the theory of the glass being half full.If it works your a star,if not your a bum.Look,Manning had a rotten game but nobody is on his back,because he made the big play.

90. By GaryC on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Tom Spicer, you are right with the players we lost,character means less to this regime than any we have had.You think Herman would have put up with these guys like Rex,Herman always talked about legacy, what is this groups legacy.

91. By ANDY on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Everyone is talking about the O and yesterday they were pitTiful..Shotty does have to go..the receivers Holmes and Burress are big play guys but terrible route runners..half the time there not even looking at the ball..Hunter stinks no problem with Slausan he’s solid..but the D has been just as bad most of the year!!! Scott so bad he doesn’t even talk any more..Leonard was constantly getting beat and the opposing QB’S have all day to throw..just look at the Cruz TD!!!!
    We need another LB..DE and Safety…on offense a tackle..maybe Turners the answer and a new offense cordinator…and a possesion WR oR A ANOTHER TE that can run not just block.. you got Ducaase for that–lol…not asking for much!!!

92. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Sanchez will never be more than an efficient game manager at best .To those who think we can win a superbowl in TODAYS NFL GOING UP AGAINST THE LIKES OF ROGERS BREES BRADY ROTHESBURGER WITH A QB OUT OF 1985 PLEASE .

93. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

GUYS YOU CANT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT.

94. By Flipper on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

My comments are based on FACT not emotion.
    #1 Woody Johnson, a successful billionaire, is no dummy. Can you say Joe Namath? What did Joe Namath do before our only Superbow victory? TALK! We WON and that will never be taken away. Muhammad Ali the best of all time, Big Mouth but much more often than not a winner! Rex was not put here for any other reason then to light a fire under this franchise and he has. But of course his team has to put up or shut up.
    #2 This team and Mark Sanchez cannot put up with a completely useless O-lineman and back up (Hunter Ducasse). Boomer Esiason has been saying it all year. Peyton Manning would be equally ineffective without protection. This is an inarguable FACT. Back off Sanchez.
    continued…

95. By CharlieB on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Playoffs-yea Right ?? Both teams, Jets brought their D- game and Giants brought their B- game to the stadium and both worked real hard in finding ways to blow the game. The Jets worked harder on that.
    Final review-Cromartie is history, good riddance. Jets now seeking Off. Linemen or Def linemen once again at the Draft 2012.
    Ryan stays but now sits in the same seat Tom Coughlan occupies, failure once more and he’s history. Hopefully Shottenheimer becomes head coach somewhere,anywhere ! How many runs on 3rd and 10, or flair outs 3rd and long. Terrible and no confidence in QB. Something has to go.

96. By Flipper on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

#3 The D needs a pass rusher and a linebacker that can cover a pass.
    That’s it.
    #4 If you are a fan act like one. Route for your team. The AFC is wide open, if Wayne Hunter can possible hold his own for 3 games we could make some noise in the post season. Providing the stars align.

As far as the Brandon Jacobs thing. Last time I checked confronting a head coach is probobly the most class-less and ignorant thing any player can do.
    Tell me what class-less thing did Rex say to the media. Keep thinking..you won’t find it. Thinking, feeling, and saying you believ your team is a superbowl team is positive thinking. How do you think we cam within one game 2 years in a row…with a ROOKIE quarterback. Sounds to me like REX has no clue

97. By DouggieG on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Bunch of sorry looking football players out on the field. Giants and Jets look nothing like playoff teams, yet, still await their fate in last week.
    Sanchez hasnt looked right all year except a few good looking plays that made him the “game ball recipient”. All-star wideouts and nobody put up what was a consistant game. Jets constantly played to other teams level-whether it was a terrible Bills or a good Philidelphia-they cant control the tempo.
    Buttle has to get off the Sanchez bandwagon. Typical homer,Shottenheimer is great,Sanchez is the future. Change out analysists now.
    Entire team needs to be rehabbed due to ancient bodies(Cromartie,Tomlinson), and the new players that dont deserve to play(Hunter etc etc).

98. By cgb on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

no pass rush this year. Many games this year opposing qb’s are having too much time . tanny,rex, and shotty need to get on the same page. this team really has no identity on offense.

99. By Jimmer on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Spicer, you forgot to mention the players we’ve traded away. As well as D.Lowery.
    Dismantling the OL might be the biggest mistake made. People are saying to get Peyton, LOL, he’ll retire before this line leads him to a wheelchair for life.

100. By scjoe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Spicer, speaking on behalf of myself only, I don’t disagree with you on the fact there is plenty of blame to go around, the HC, the OC, RT, LG, OLBs, safety play, WRs dropping passes, etc. It is a total mess, but you can not pick one of those spots and say they are more the blame then Sanchez. You are finally starting to here the rumbling from within about his play I personally believe that mindset has been there for quite a while and just now starting to come out. The one play that really got my blood boiling was that overthrow to McKnight who was wide open and probably would have scored. That happens way to often.

101. By Karan on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The problem is the BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER who really should have been gone 3 years ago. I say the Jets give Sanchez another chance under a brand new offensive system with a new quarterbacks coach and coordinator with great play-calling. Now, if he does good in that, then we know the problem is not the QB, but if he does not succeed in that, then it I agree its time to move on. But honestly, I really think Mark deserves at least one more year to prove himself under a different offensive coordinator.

102. By scjoe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

On that play I just referred to where McKnight was wide open down the sideline, I think 30 of the 32 starting QBs in the league make that play, there was no pressure on Sanchez, he just did what he does to often , especially on deep throws (which that really wasn’t) you can not blame the OC, the HC, the WR, the O Line, or anyone else, just MS!!! That is just not a quality QB. I believe more then ever the NY Jets can not win it all with this man. He is a tough kid, he is a hard worker, he just is not a quality QB. Nuff said.

103. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

LOL when you put a game manager against a 50 td 10 int QB (Rogers ect )you had better be absolutely sure your d can hold him down because the minute he gets up by 10 or more say goodbye got no shot with that type of offence to come back.Theres a reason the PACX SAINTS PATS are like 40- 5 THIS YEAR AND ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY GOT A BUNCH OF SANCHEZS THROWING THE FOOTBALL AROUND

104. By Chicago Bob on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Let’s be realistic about this whole thing – look at the schedule and tell me what quality teams the Jets beat this year – none. The talent is overrated and when you consider the fact they made it to the last two AFC championships, it was a minor miracle. The defensive coaching staff can produce a lights out defense however we need at least 4 new starters. The offensive side of the ball has the most talent and yet every year they underachieve. Put the draft’s main focus on defense and do something with your offensive coaching staff while tweaking the personel. Last, but not least, Rex has to stop being everyone’s best friend and laying down some discipline for those who are unable to do their jobs or unwilling to be a team player

105. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Easily the dumbest post I’ve ever seen, McQueen, you can’t get wins with a completely dysfunctional HC. Flipper, the AFC is not the least bit wide open to this Jet team. NE, PIT, and HOU with Schaub are several notches above us and we lost to mediocre OAK and DEN teams. Yeah, Spicer, there’s plenty of blame to go around. But the shortcomings of, say, Westerman, pale next to those of Rex, Schotty, and Sanchez. GaryC, what folks are screaming now is that any QB who takes a S on a play snapped at the 8 has lousy pocket presence. Chicago Bob, the problem with giving MS that much more time under Rex is that Rex is a joke on O. I’d rather lose Rex and Schotty and keep MS with new coaches, that would remove a few of the endless excuses.

106. By GaryC on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Ira,yeah it is awful nice when you set up a pass play to have the kicker get more room to punt and it ends up a touchdown,PLAYMAKERS,WHAT WE DON’T HAVE.

107. By Lori on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I agree with Karan – Brian Schottenheimer should be the first to go. If they keep him it won’t matter what other moves they make – nothing will change.

My brother has been saying the same thing from the beginning and if I had any doubts about his insights – they are long gone now. Shottenheimer needs to be replaced as Step #1 – and I agree with most of Karan’s wish list too.

Here’s hoping for those changes and a winning season Next Year!

108. By wayne on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Some of you guys are hilarious. You talk about how the players conduct themselves. You think they’d be so free to behave the way the do if the men at the top weren’t condoning it? How bout the men at the top behaving?…..Every time one of these guys does something questionable, Rex’s condones it….LOL, I love it when I hear people today bemoan how things use to be, after the winning stops……….If you think things are ugly now, wait to see Rex when ‘ship be sinkin’……………………

109. By Karan on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

I’m scared if the Jets trade Mark Sanchez away and keep Schottheimer. Because lets be honest, Mark has shown at times flashes of brilliance, and with the right offensive coaching staff, this kid will be great. That’s all I ask of you Jets, just one more chance and Sanchez will be legit, I guarantee it. Phooey to the haters, you guys stink. Keep Sanchez!!!

110. By Tom Spicer on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

This is kind of the PS to my above point. In that post I said only 2 QBS in the entire NFL have been sacked more than Mark. I forgot to add that 1 of those 2 guys that have been sacked more than him 1 of them has only been sacked 1 more time. This week with Cameron Wake waiting for Wayne Hunter does anyone not think that Mark will be the 2nd most sacked QB in the NFL by the end of next week. With that being said if before the season started I said Mark would be the 2nd most sacked QB in the NFL you would have told me he would have a bad year & we would have a bad year. Well guess what? It happened!

111. By Art Fishman on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Saturday, xmas eve and the Sunday before, at Philadelphia, the Players were not ready for Prime Time. As Harry Truman said, the buck stops here with Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan.

The Offensive Line has not been addressed by Rex or by Tannenbaum. Peyton Manning or Joe Nameth would look just as bad as MS with no time to react!

The players, from Saun Greene to Dustin Keller to Santonio Holmes are not FOCUSED and do not do their jobs.

Let us not give Mike Tannenbaum any free credit. He is the person who negotiates and makes deals to get the best team on the field. We saw how great a negotiator he is last year, when he nearly negotiated Darrell Revis OFF the team. Remember it took Rex and Woody to get the deal done at the end.

112. By Art Fishman on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Further comment:
    Why is it that Brian Schottenheimer calls 60 passing plays? Doesn’t Rex, have responsibility to review the plan and make corrections?

Yes the players need to be better prepared to play 3600 seconds of Professional Football. If our OL is not conditioned to play focused 3600 seconds, then they should find a different profession than NFL football.

As a JET season ticket holder for the past 35 years,
    I think that Woody Johnson needs to review his coaching staff to find out why they don’t have the players ready each Sunday.
    And no I do not think Mark Jackson or Hunter are the problem, the problem is Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer and Rex. They need to change their behavior.

113. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

SC JOE i saw that play on the wheel route SANCHEZ ftat out missed him.Banks on the fan today said word around the league is IF YOU HIT SANCHEZ easy rattled def affects his play rest of game=POCKET PRESENCE AWARENESS

114. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Karen A COACH is not going to turn Sanchez into Brady .Rex (for all is antics )is a great defencive coach -can he turn Kyle Wilson into REVIS Mike Shannohan HAS A REPUTATION FOR DEVELOPING QB he cant turn Rex Grossman into Elway.A new oc could possibly put him into a more favorable position can he turn him into a 50 td 120 qb rating machine like Rogers aint going to happen

115. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Art the problem is the overall talent evaluation starting with the past 4 drafts is beyond terrible.You want to contend for the sb you cant draft guys like Clemmons Gholsten Duccasse Wilson on top of drafting an avg QB=SANCHEZ.Take the Steelers THE CONTENT YEAR IN YEAR OUT because they almost NEVER EVER MISS ON A HIGH PICK .They have excellent coaches ect.

116. By sal on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

its all balongna, how can you blame sanchez, been listening to that garbarge week after week, if its not his fault then get rid of the whole coaching staff, that still won fix anything, they did get rid of key players, that started with TJ, but this team lost the edge that made them, is it all sanchizes fault, not all of it, but being the QB by default he gets the brunt of it. I do hope for a miricle fro remdemption, but you have no defence for the kid to not get it done even if there are 10 drops when you throw over 50 times plus not once take it on your own not throwing half of them further than 15 yards, you know why, he cant!

117. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

The problem, Spicer, is that Sanchez doesn’t look that good even with perfect protection, still makes a lot of the same mistakes he’s always made for us. I will lean a little toward what Karan is saying, though. While I wouldn’t shed a tear if Rex, Schotty, and Sanchez were all gone before the combine, you gotta wonder what Sanchez might be able to do with new coaches. I have one friend, an ex-player, who hates Rex, hates the Jets (at least THESE Jets — he loved the Namath-era Jets), who nevertheless says that Sanchez looks scared, timid, afraid to make a mistake, micromanaged to death. I can’t deny the truth of that.

118. By GaryC on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

As people know,at this point I am a sanchez supporter, the one problem I have with him is that he seems to be a follower and a qb has to lead,when I see him follow holmes stupid airplane after a touchdown, sanchez needs to say we don’t need that garbage instead of following holmes lead.Maybe other players see that and see it as a weakness in his character.

119. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

lol IF THEY GET A NEW O COORD THE EXCUSE NEXT YEAR WILL BE NEED MORE THAN 1 YEAR LEARN NEW SYSTEM.

120. By joe on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Hows this for a reason were not a super bowl caliber team THE PLAYERS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH

121. By Karan on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for agreeing with me Lori.

122. By Karan on Dec 26, 2011 | Reply

Joe, I never asked for a coach to turn Sanchez into Brady or some elite quarterback. We don’t need him to be, we just need to him to manage the game well with a good offensive system and Schottenheimer does not offer that. He does not play to his strengths.

123. By sal on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

difference between Joe Namath and payton manning, eli manning and a bunch of others I could name, getting hit wont stop them from playing the game, the o line has not been the best, but they are not the worst in the group of playoff contenders. Look at Pittsburg Big Ben has been a punching bag most of his carrer! Got how many rings?

124. By BRabey on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

PLAYOFFS??!! The Jets have no business in the playoffs, But not all the blame goes to Sanchez. Asking him to drop back over 60 times is not his fault. It would appear Shottenhimer has his eyes elsewhere, and nobody seems to want to correct him. The poor record this year belongs to the ENTIRE team!

125. By joe128 on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

And how do all you jet fans feel if they get in the playoffs next week, and go on one of there raging runs are you all back on the sanchize wagon and praising rex. And for all you classless patriot fans comeing on here jaw jacking talking about all the jets talk, your head coach has ZERO class i couldnt tell you how many times i watched him keep the offense on the field on 4 and change when there teams up by 2 scores or more thats classless and im sure a whole lot of players from high school up would agree with me

126. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

THAT’S your BIGGEST problem with Sanchez, GaryC?!?!?!?! Man, are YOU ever easy to please! I think what other players, including quite a few on the Jets, more likely see is a very overrated QB, as has been shown time and time again in actual polls of NFL players. joe, your prediction about Next Year’s Big Excuse is beyond brilliant, almost too funny to laugh. I’m really starting to think the torture won’t stop until Rex is let go, babbling on his way out of Florham Park about how Woody can’t possibly be “man enough” to deny him his 10 or 15 years…

127. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

joe128, just getting into the playoffs isn’t likely to solve our problems at this pt. Sanchez has barely played one complete game this season, and that’s not the kind of QB that takes you very deep into the playoffs. And while I don’t like Patriots fans coming on this site and saying anything, in a head-to-head match-up between our HC and theirs, it’s a laughable no-contest. Bill may not offer the heartiest handshake to the opposing HC’s after losing, but I don’t recall seeing him slinging 4-letter words at a mediocre RB in the middle of the field after an embarrassing loss. P.S. Sanchez will have to take this team to a SB win before I’ll get back on his bandwagon, the holes in his game are huge at this pt.

128. By Frankie on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

I am not ready to throw in the towel on Sanchez. Schotty will need to take the fall for this after the season. Sanchez is improving year to year however its small improvements but he will still be our quarterback next year with a new OC. Rex is going to be our coach for a while. We join him in his bold comments and predictions when we are riding high but what he when he says something and we don’t pull through we jump ship? I will stand by Rex good or bad while he is our HC. Two AFC championships back to back is the most excitement I have seen since being a Jet fan my 29 years of existence. I say give Moore the OC job draft some help for the O-Line, CUT WAYNE HUNTER and DUCASSE imediately. I would love to see LT back as well!

129. By DGC on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

I waited a few days before posting, I am sick of having my heart broken and
    it hurt more on Xmas eve. Look back on the games we GAVE away, it’s sad.
    Coaching must accept the blame for that, leaving Sanchez in, even after hes
    banged up and totaly lost, bad coaching again.
    Front office choices; no passrusher, no depth on O line, Shotty, Sanchez
    inexcusable ! Sanchez is too short, 6 or 7 passes knocked down at the line,
    bad choices and horrible throws prove to me that he’s NOT the guy.
    The best laugh of the season was when I heard Shotty was being considered for the Dolphin’s Head Coach ! Can he start this week? PLEASE
    Too long waiting for the promised land, we need NEW hope..Woody ?

130. By GaryC on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

jet fan tom, I do not want to hear what other nfl players think of Sanchez,those guys already conclude that cam newton will be in the hall of fame,just ask your favorite Michael Vick,You and I know their are agendas out there and certain players no matter what they do will never get credit.the same reason the nfl never mentions newtons interceptions, you get my drift,they think people live under a rock and don’t know what’s going on.

131. By SuperJet on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Here was and is the Jets reality. The last two years we cought breaks and or overachieved. We did not improve last offseason with personnel, except with Burrus but the small ball guru OC is not smart enough to use the big target to take heat of the gutsy, but technically challenged QB. Team is void of much leadership from top to bottum. You ask Holmes to be a leader? How about just catching the darn ball and act like you’ve been in the league a minute. See LT for reference. The defense needs to play like a team as appossed to one true defensive talent like Revis and a bunch of overachievers. Finally, The Head coach, needs to do what he is paid to do-coach football and leave the sideshow, er soundbites to the PR Dept. S/H won SB 2 yrs ago

132. By Westcoast GangGreen on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Merry X-Mas Jet Nation.. Good points again regarding the Offense. Yes, MS has been inconsistent. But, this is week 15 and the chemistry is horrible all around, the play calling(59 passes), no adjusting during the game ect ect ect. It all falls on the OC. Get every QB thats played under Shotty give them the same jersey #’s, put them in a huge fish bowl, spin it and take any one in Shotty system and they all look the exact same. 5 yd slants, 5 and out passes, boring , predictable. Tom64 your correct that Rex has no clue for offense, but, to let Shotty run it with all that talent and this is what we get!! we come this far w/MS, i would like to see what this offense can do with a good creative OC next yr. And then will see if MS is the answer..

133. By Westcoast GangGreen on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

.. just once i like to be in the hudle and here and see the FRUSTRATING reaction of the offense when MS is calling one of Shotty’s play that he just sent in, you know that 5 and out pass on 3rd and nine or that 30 yard pass on 4th and 1, like he called in the Giant game. But , it doesn’t matter who is in on offense the CHEMISTRY is and always will be missing with Shotty as the OC..!!!!! Go Jets and Jet Nation have a safe and fun New Year…

134. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

GaryC, NFL players have their own personal and political agendas like anybody else. But pretending what they say in polls or anywhere else isn’t relevant is one of the biggest head-in-the-sand Jet booster remarks I’ve seen on this site in awhile, and I can think of other posters more likely than you to have posted it. Frankie, I liked Rex’s swagger a little at the start but when he made it personal with Channing Crowder, he lost me and that was over 2 yrs ago. Again, read about the Jets anywhere but on this site, including in the NY papers, and people are shocked at the childish, counterproductive nature of his whole approach. SuperJet has it right about lucking out but the luck has run out, Rex has got to go, this team is a laughingstock.

135. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

KAREN In this age of ROGERS BRADY BREES ect a team WITH A GAME MANAGER at qb HAD BETTER HAVE ONE OF THE BEST D FENCES IN SB HISTORY BECAUSE THE INSTANT IN THE GAME THERE DOWN BY MORE THAN 10 ITS COMPLETELY OVER There is a reason GB is the number 1 seed in the NFL There is a reason EVERY YEAR THE Pats WIN THE DIVISION.THERE IS A REASON THE LAST 8 SUPER BOWL WINNERS HAD ELITE PRO BOWLERS AT QB.There is a reason almost every year the past 10 the NFL MVP HAS BEEN A QB.

136. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Sal i watch the STEELERS LOT and i have NEVER EVER SEEN ANY QB IN HISTORY TAKE THE SHOTS SACKS ECT THAT ROTHESBURGER TAKES AND YOUR EXACTLY CORRECT as his winning perc is 750.I HAVE BEEN A JETS FAN SINCE EARLY 70S and some people on this forum live in an absolute fantasyland.We have had 45 YEARS OF EXCUSES.The current excuse hot topic EXCUSES are the OC and OL.We have a 50 GAME starting game qb and a new oc going to make him much better =SURE. AS I POSTED EARLYIER Mike Shannohan is a great QB Guru HOW COME he cant make GROSSMAN play like ELWAY.While were at it REX is one of the best Defencive COACHES in the league he cant make Wilson play like Revis He ALSO failed to make Gholsten play like the guy he had at Balt Suggs.

137. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

LOL, i have SAID IT ONCE ILL SAY IT AGAIN you take BRADY BREES or ROGERS MANNING put him on the Jets TODAY and we CONTEND for the Super bowl without switching one other player .As far as the oc one could go down to their local high school and get their oc AND WITH AN ELITE AT QB IT WOULDNT MATTER

138. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

JET FAN since 64 Tom lol like you i have been around awhile and its almost comical to see some of these excuses written I was asking my business part about what how much better a new oc GOING TO MAKE A 50 START QB and he laughted (he was an hon ment all american at Nebraska team Capt in 95 and played 6 years in the league.).

139. By Ankeny Brad on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Our offense lacks confidence in the play calling. There was one point in the second half where I could see the look on the face of Santonio in the huddle and then watched the way he let his arms just hang in frustration. Once I noticed that, I watched him during the play. He just loafed through his route.

I believe Sanchez would definitely do better with a differenct OC. I don’t want another QB. Do you remember the play where he tried to get into the endzone in the near corner. He put himself at risk big time on that play, to try to get something going. I also don’t think he runs into sacks. There are just too many defenders in his pocket too fast. That means our O-Line needs to be shorn (shored?) up.

140. By Ankeny Brad on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Why did we pass the ball 60 times anyway? Shonn was gaining 4, 5 yards every time they handed him the ball. I think Cruz’s 99 yarder freaked everybody out.

141. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

joe, my career on the field didn’t go very far but I have quite a few friends whose did. Some are New York-area guys, some aren’t, some are older guys, some are younger, some hate the Jets, some say they’re their favorite AFC team. TO A MAN, they are SHOCKED at the ineptitude of Rex, Schotty, and Sanchez. Most of them find the Jets beneath serious discussion ’cause the team’s offensive limitations are so glaringly obvious and so badly timed for today’s NFL. And they all agree with me that Rex’s talk of our SB chances, our elite young QB, “ground and pound,” etc. is all just blather till changes are made. As someone said on the NFL site today, “Rex will say MS is his guy until his replacement is found because that’s how it works in the NFL.”

142. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

SAL, TOM JET FAN SINCE 64 i got to tell you guys iam psyched .Iam psyched because were all going to meet at next years super bowl to party Guys come on were getting a new oc and this guy has MAGICAL POWERS Hes coming in this off season and in a few months not only will he implement a magical new offence BUT hes going to teach our 50 start qb (Sanchez) field prescence pocket awareness and the ability to throw downfield .To think Sanchezs been playing organized football for probably the past 20 years he has yet to learn-grasp such things but not to worry our guys going to teach him how in a few months.

143. By joe on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Ankeny Brad the question should not be why did we pass 60x the question should be why did we draft a qb that cant throw the ball In todays NFL if you want to win the SB you need a qb (BREES BRADY ROGERS ROTHESBURGER )THAT CAN THROW THE BALL.Questions are being raised about throwing so often because our QB DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY.PROBLEM IS TODAY IF YOU WANT TO WIN THE SB YOU BETTER HAVE A QB OF THAT ABILITY.

144. By Karan on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

Finally a voice of reason, thank you Frankie.

145. By Jack on Dec 27, 2011 | Reply

The person who should get the blame for the Jets lost is Rex Ryan he the one who supposed to have controls of his players and most all his Coaching Staff’s. Rex Ryan talks and talks about the ground and pound the last 2 years he has pretty much fails each weeks doing that. Schotty should also take some of the heat as well But! Rayn the HC, so its should all come down on him. Some of the blame goes on Sanzhez as well and a cause the offensive lines. You need to have a good Personnnel Jets does not have that. What ever happens from here on out playoffs or not there needs to be some Chancing made with of the Coaching Staffs one would be Schottenhemer need to go needs to fix the offensive line RT, & maybe another RG, as well Safely, Pass Rusher

146. By Patrick on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Despite how ugly the past two games for the Jets have been, they are not out. And if we make the playoffs at 9-7 hey to me its the same if we make it at 10-6 or 11-5, it doesn’t matter how we ge to the playoffs. If we get there we are there so lets have a hell of a sunday against the Dolphins and play some J-E-T-S Jets football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

147. By SOCALJETFAN on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

They need to get SANCHEZ more protection in the pocket,give the kid time to make his reads,It don’t matter what QB they play.with this OFFENSIVE-LINE,one week they show up to play and the following they don’t,and that’s what ‘s making SANCHEZ play in a hurry and make mistakes,bring in a new OC;then will find out if SANCHEZ is The Jets Franchise QUARTERBACK…

148. By steve on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

sanchez is not good. the 1st 2 years were not good but great rushing and o line masked his shortcomings. His timing is terrible holding the ball far too long no timing whatsoever other qb in the league have rythym , drop 1.2.3. pass drop 1.2.3. pass sanchez snap , bobble bobble trip miss open reciever wait….wait…. wait… pass late over middle get picked. Is it just me or when a pass rusher gets near him he panicks drops the ball far more often then other QBs. I still remember his first few games b4 schotty got hold of him he had rythym poise , dropped back and fired with confidence , where did that go ? and can our recievers work to get open beyond just running there routes, have a plan when play breaks down

149. By kj on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

I read a few comments and i think people are forgetting we went to 2 afc champ games 2 yrs in a row. You def dont get rid of the coach. I dont see sanchez going anywhere next year unless a better deal comes up. But im sure they draft a QB late. If we had a better offensive line and better safeties we would have won 4 – 5 more games. No one would be passing on us at all. Teams only pass to the tightends or in the middle of the field around the safety zone. (safetys dont miss tackles, thats called a game changer)

Next year please a offensive line that can open holes i mean block people out of the way not shove for a second, and safety that shut down the tight end and make interceptions.

150. By Chris Chase on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Hello,

Lots of people are bashing Rex on here. Rex isn’t the problem.. If you remember, before Rex.. the Jets were never even on the radar. Sure.. I wish he were more like Mike Tomlin of Pittsburgh.. But believe it or not.. Rex is actually getting better . He is MUCH better as a coach than he was when he started.. (even though this year’s reults don’t say it)

The issue, as I have mentioned in the past.. Is Schottenheimer.. and THEY WILL FINALLY LET HIM GO. If I were a betting man.. I would say, they would ask Tom Moore to be OC if, by some miracle we could land Peyton Manning for a season or two. (which isn’t far off base).. Sanchez isn’t going anywhere next season, as to my knowledge, that is the last year of contract.

151. By joe on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Coaches apply SYSTEMS BASED ON THEIR PERSONAL Rex wants to run the ball because (like last SAT )HE KNOWS SANCHEZ HAS SEVERE LIMITATIONS .lol PLEASE do some people think if we had BRADY REX would care about est the RUN This is the NFL (NOT THE LOCAL HS TEAM )a coach is only as good as his players.If they switch oc its not going to give SANCHEZ SUPER BOWL WINNING ABILITY .AS I POSTED EARLYIER Shannohan a QB GURU he cant turn Grossman into elway.

152. By joe on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

KJ THE Steelers have 2 OF THE BEST SAFTEYS AND THE BEST DEFENCE IN FOOTBALL ROGERS BREES PASSED ALL OVER THEM LAST TIME THEY PLAYED Adding another o lineman or 2 STILL ISNT GOING to give us the ability to win the SB (WE DONT HAVE A QB )

153. By joe on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

THE 49ERS ARE BASICALLY THE JETS with better players.Sooner or later they may have to play GB.The only way for SF to win is for their D to keep them within 7-10 PTS Their offence CAN HAVE NO TURN OVERS AND MUST KEEP POSSESSION.Do you guys realize just how tough thats going to be. GB averages 32 a game SF prob 20 .The instant GB gets up by more than 10 THE GAMES DONE .You got one team that can score in 2 minutes the other it takes 9

154. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 28, 2011 | Reply

Actually, Chris Chase, if Favre’s arm hadn’t gotten hurt in Mangini’s last yr, we might’ve won 12 or 13 games. Favre was simply too good, when healthy, to be turned into garbage by Schotty, and I recall stories about Favre ignoring plays that Schotty called, which would help if Sanchez could do it. Many key players from that team are still on this one and Rex had nothing to do with them. But since Favre, Rex, Schotty, and Mr T as a unit have only a fair record on bringing in new guys, with this yr a disaster by way of doing nothing at C and S. I don’t think these guys have as much time as some folks on this site think they do. Mr. Johnson has never struck me as someone content with mediocrity, though he’s already endured quite a bit of it.

155. By cooper360 on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

R U 4 REAL REX @ SANCHEZ were1 game away the last 2 years of going 2 THE SUPER BOWL HELLO !!! so this year he “s not LOOKING SO GOOD HOWEVER SANCHEZ IS NOT THE ONLY ONE DROPING THE BALL !!! !!

156. By Jack on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

As a Season tickets holder it really doesn’t mather to me if the jets get in the playoffs again because they are not going to win they are once again on the roads to the playoffs. I pay alot of money for the tickets plus the cost of my PSL with I think is you know what. I want to see a HOME PLAYOFFS GAMES and the only way to see that is if the Jets to win the divison with I don’t see coming anytime soon with the Player Personnel Some of the Coaching Staff and with Mike Tannenbaum as the General Manager. SAME OLD JETS.

157. By Eli Rodriguez on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Dear Mr. Randy, My post was in way offensive, I simply made a comparison and you or your staff denied it. I was simply venting like everyone else but i understand it’s your page, you make the rules. Greg McElroy must be giving the chance to compete for the starting QB job next season-IT’S A MUST but not under SHOTTY. I would trade Holmes and even Sanchez–I pick up ochocinco (after he get release) and bring B.E back. Draft a true running back and get rid of mcknight and CO.

158. By Randy Lange on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

Eli, we did not decline to post any comments from you. The last comment we received from you was Wednesday night and it was posted this morning.

159. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

You definitely have my sympathies at today’s prices, Jack.

160. By joe on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

I ABSOLUTELY love these wish lists .KAREN Mike T could GO OUT and get ALL PROS AT EVERY POSITION ON YOUR WISH LIST and the NY JETS still wouldnt win the SUPERBOWL .WITHOUT A QB IT IS LIKE FIGHTING FOR THE NICEST DECK CABIN ON THE TITANIC..lOOK AT THE PATS PLAYER FOR PLAYER IN MOST SPOTS WERE BETTER THAN THEY ARE. NONE of it matters though BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GUY NAMED TOM BRADY AND WE HAVE A GUY NAMED MARK SANCHEZ.LOL ASK THE INDY COLTS HOW MUCH 1 ALL PRO QB MEANS

161. By joe on Dec 29, 2011 | Reply

pS AS FAR AS MCELROY to win the SB today a qb MUST BE ABLE TO MAKE ALL THE THROWS.(Sanchez cant do this (thats why WERE IN THE SPOT WERE IN )McELROYS ARM MAKES SANCHEZS ARM LOOK LIKE JOHN ELWAY.The last thing the JETS need to do is waste more time trying to develop a qb that doesnt have all the psyical tools

162. By pats hater on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

its ok for pats fans to talk all they want…..they are going to lose their first playoff game like usual

163. By Sailor Jack on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I/ve been a Jet fan for over 40 years, and have lived in Annapolis the last 20+. Rex is not the guy. The Ravens (slowly becoming my team) decided not to hire Rex as head coach – what a smart move – when he was their DC and the Jets must have discounted that too much when they hired him. I was tired of his mouth after his first press conference after joining the Jets. I’d rather bring back Lou Holtz.. NOT kidding. He is the mistake. Yea, we have been in the last two AFC championships, but honestly, we did not deserve to get that far. Not the first time we have reached that point and fallen short. Give MS another year, or two, but no more to be in the top 4-5 qbs.

164. By wc edgar on Dec 31, 2011 | Reply

I think Rex should stay. Sanchez must go, I’m from Iowa and followed Shonn Green for years but we need a bigger quicker back. Plaxico is a great player and should stay as is Revis. Shotty knows what he’s doing but we have to have the offense to do it and that starts with the QB. Before we all blame the coaches, look at all the poor decisions Sanchez made as well as all the dropped balls, fumbles and missed tackles the team made. It’s back to basics football guys. And oh, my most hated teams in this order are…… Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, Colts, Broncos. With Brady out of the picture the Pats are NO BETTER THAN THE COLTS so get over it.

165. By Jack on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Just heard Bill Parcells talking about what wrong with Mark Sanchez. Percells said Sanchez is putting to much on his Shoulder and that the Jets don’t have enough speed on the offense meaning Jets WR’s Santonio Holmes is the only WR who has the speed and that Plaxico Burress is too slow and old. Jets needed to get back to that Ground and Pound with Shonn Greene and LT, on 3rd down. Miami defense can stop the run heard that Miami defense of backsnotit might be best to throw the ball today BUT I wouldn’t as much as they did last week jets will still need to run the ball. Jets need to adress the needs hat they will need in the off season with should be a RT, Safely. 1st S, Mark Barron RT Zebrie Sanders RT Andrew Datko FSU.

166. By joe on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

WC EDGAR EXACTLY ITS ALL IN THE QB

167. By joe on Jan 1, 2012 | Reply

Hey SPICER you want to tell me about SANCHEZS ability now .Lets see 3 interceptions (2 TO DTS =never seen that one before )A starting QB in the NFL avg 5 yards a throw.Sanchez MUST GO WE WILL NEVER WIN THE SB WITH A QB OF HIS CALIBER .