• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Replay Jets Open Mic on SNY Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

• Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches
  • Wed., Sep. 10, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

Jets’ Pro Bowl Four at Practice, Play 60 Event

Posted by Andrew LeRay on January 27, 2012 – 2:39 pm

By all accounts, the Northeast has experienced an unusually mild winter. The snowstorm from last weekend already feels forgotten. Still, the nights are cold, the trees bare, the sky gray, and the sunlight short.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be in, say … Hawaii?

Four Jets have that distinct honor. Offensive linemen Nick Mangold, D’Brickashaw Ferguson and Brandon Moore and cornerback Darrelle Revis are all currently in Oahu for Sunday’s Pro Bowl.

It’s the fourth Pro Bowl trip for Revis and Mangold, the third for Ferguson and the first for Moore. You can see them play one more time on Sunday evening at 7 p.m. on NBC before the NFL season officially ends a week from Sunday with Super Bowl XLVI.

Since arriving in the 50th State, the four Jets have gone through light, informal practices at Kapolei High School west of Honolulu and have had time to enjoy the spoils of Hawaii in the winter.

Besides football, there was an annual community event. On Thursday AFC Pro Bowlers took part in Play 60 Community Blitz, a joint effort between the NFL’s Play 60 campaign, Procter & Gamble, and KaBoom, a nonprofit group with the goal of building playspaces for children throughout the United States. This year, the players helped construct a playground at Ke Kula ‘o Samuel M. Kamakau Public Charter School in Kaneohe.

An added wrinkle in this year’s Pro Bowl is the addition of a designated tweeting area on each sideline. A departure from normal protocol, players will be able to tweet during the game. It should add even more entertainment value to a game that never lacks offensive firepower. Of the four Jets in Honolulu, Mangold is probably the most active Tweeter. Look for some gems from Nick throughout the game.

You can see photos of your Jets in Hawaii, including a freshly trimmed Mangold, here on newyorkjets.com. Moore will also be sending back some pictures from his first experience in the Pro Bowl, so check back often to see some behind-the-scenes shots.

We may be stuck in the doldrums of winter, but at least we can live vicariously through our Jets in Oahu.

Tags: , , , , , , ,
Posted in Andrew LeRay | 108 Comments »

108 Responses to “Jets’ Pro Bowl Four at Practice, Play 60 Event”

1. By Karan on Jan 27, 2012 | Reply

I’m really happy for Brandon Moore, it was a long time coming.

2. By scjoe on Jan 27, 2012 | Reply

For those of you dwelling on the fact that the O Line is in distress, do you realize that 3/5 of that line is going to the pro bowl? A fourth, Slauson is serviceable, and the 5th Hunter is the only real weak link on that unit. That RT spot will be addressed with out doubt. That said, will things remain status quo for 2012? Probably yes, because the QB has much more to do with how that O line pans out then most of you think or would agree to. Decastro at 16 playing LG and moving Slauson to RT (for now) should help. But the bigger concern still is the guy lined up under center.

3. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 27, 2012 | Reply

Getting excited about Pro Bowlers in January is strictly for losers. The only Pro Bowlers who matter at that time of yr are the ones who are pulled out of the game because they’re playing in the big one a week later.

4. By wayne on Jan 27, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Steve Weatherford, Ihedigbo, Ellis, Woodhead……………Did I forget anyone? In all the back and forth about what went wrong, we forget, Westhoff had a pretty bad year as well. by taking a negative prospective on the KO rules changes rather than see it as an oppty, he got started late on game planing for those opptys….Had a lot of misfires as well with choice of players to put out on returns based on situations……Expect he’ll come out firing next season…….Oh yeah, Emanuel Cook made it to the AFC Champ game….Where have we heard that refrain?

5. By AK_Jet on Jan 27, 2012 | Reply

Sanchez is horrible lets trade him for whatever we can get, play our Tom Brady in waiting (McElroy) and win by playing to our strengths: defense and special teams. Letting an inaccurate, inconsistent, down right frustrating to watch Sanchez undermine the rest of the teams talents is not acceptable. Do you guys remember why we got him in the first place? We let Pennington go and brought in Favre in order to make a big splash, then we were left w/o a viable QB after one season and had to reach in a draft year that was weak for QB prospects. Tannenbaum new he had to draft a QB to save face and has been trying to sell us on Sanchez ever since, lets cut bait! The best should play regardless of contracts or position.

6. By Tom Spicer on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Brick made it based off of reputation alone. He was beat like a drum all year on a weekly basis. Next to his rookie year this was his worst year BY FAR.

7. By Jimmer on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, it only takes 1 weak link to destroy a team.
    AK, McElroy has a talent Sanchez doesn’t. He can go through reads. Until the franchize sees it, your talking to dirt.

8. By GaryC on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, I am sure glad you remembered my idea of moving Slauson to right tackle,Ducasse if he ever plays will have to play guard,Ira, for one never agreed when I first brought this up,and now I see you and others think it might be a way to go.Sometimes you have to improve your team from within,because you cannot fill all holes in one year.

9. By Matt on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

1st rd:Upshaw or Ingram..2nd rd Billy Wynn or Antonio Allen Barron probably long gone.. 3rd rd Mcnutt draft any of these players and I’m a happy camper

10. By wayne on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, I don’t disagree with you at all, but cutting bait for instance , as AK says or chasing Peyton without tangible evidence that he can play again is just another holding your breath, closing your eyes, swinging like hell and hoping you make contact…..If Peyton is healthy, go get em, no if ands or buts……..I know what neck and shoulder damage is like and mine is nowhere near his and I just started to feel ok after 12yrs….I don’t care how many hours GQ’s been spending at the facility, he’s not been applying himself enough. That’s why I believe bringing someone capable of putting him on the bench would be best scenario, short of finding out Peyton is ok and getting him. IT WOULD PUT A FIRE UNDER HIM AND ONCE AND FOR ALL WE FIND OUT

11. By scjoe on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

AK, AMEN!!!! It sounds like you read the same article in this months JC edition that I did.

12. By Bennett on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

The point about the O line is a goog one, however the depth is very questionable and will also have to be adressed for sucess. There is no excuse for the melt down that occured when the lost the Center last season and the patchwoork attempts that were made even during a game in a desperate attempt to adjust. Important postions such as centers have to have a decent backup not a late season pick up of a player just cut from a practice squad on some other team. Also remember that the seconadry nearly fell apart last year before the Pats game when Leonanrd went down. Good teams expect there will be injuries and have decent depth waiting on the bench

13. By MiIKE on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

It’s crazy how diverse the opinions are on the different players on the team and how they rank. I think we can all agree that even though Sanchez hasn’t lived up to the hype all of Jets nation has built him to be, there are much more pressing needs. Even though most mocks have Jets taking either Ingram or Upshaw at 16, I think Aaron Maybin may have changed that with his play down the stretch. RT and S have to be the positions they focus on. If Riley Reiff is around at 16 than it has to be a know brainer to grab him.

14. By Bennett on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Give McElroy a shot. You never know… what was Brady a 5th round pick and bench warmer untile he got a chance because of injury. Let the kid start a few pre-season games lets see if we have anything here at least

15. By scjoe on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Wayne, I agree 110% that there needs to be evidence beyond the shadow of a doubt that Peyton is 100% healthy. That has been my contention all along. And I believe if he isn’t 100% he will probably retire.GaryC, I think Ducasse will pan out to be no more then a b/u. If Decastro is still available that will work. If he is not they would be better off perusing a G in free agency and moving Slauson to RT. If that don’t work they need to go RT at 16. But I will stand by my statement that MS is at least 50% of the problem that O Line faced in 2011. Peyton would make that same O line (minus Hunter) look all pro.

16. By scjoe on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Jimmer, are you referring to Hunter as that one week link? I believe that is who you meant, so I will say this, there are not many teams out there who have 5 pro bowlers along their O line. We had 3 and one that was very serviceable (Slauson) and again I will stand by my statement that Sanchez had as much to do with the deficiency along the O line then anything else. You get rid of the ball instead of taking a sack, you learn to read defenses better then he has shown, you develop the pocket presence and situational awareness that is needed at this level for a QB and you make better decisions and you will notice a major improvement in that same O line that was there before.

17. By scjoe on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Bennett, can’t disagree with that logic. Although I believe there needs to be a third guy in that mix. A veteran that is not named Mark Brunell, then if given equal opportunity, let the best man win and let the winner start. But somehow, someway, I just do not foresee that scenario playing out like that. Why? Because of where Sanchez was drafted and what his salary is. Not necessarily a winning formula, but a Jet formula just the same, and that is not good for Jet fans.

18. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

What we all need to remember is that the Rex who’s constantly talking about how great Sanchez is and how long he’s gonna be our QB is the same one who never said a word against Schotty, said he was a great OC, and said he’s be back if he didn’t get a HC job. (Schotty didn’t come close to getting a HC job.) The same one who wrote in his book that we were better than the Giants and were gonna be better for 10 yrs. And the same one who told Brandon Jacobs after the Giants utterly embarrassed us that we were gonna win the SB. The guy’s remarks clearly have no relationship to reality and the day he and MS are let go, he’ll say the exact same kind of stuff. That’s who he is and will always be and that’s one of the many reasons he has to go ASAP.

19. By Another Tom on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Maybe We should hire Bill Polian as a draft consultant? Lots of Safety s, LB s and WR s in the FA market ..not much for OL help.. MS needs to get it together THIS season. Right now He reminds me of that one player at a black jack table that does nt have a clue and constantly makes the wrong decisions that cost the rest of the table money

20. By Don on Jan 28, 2012 | Reply

Did you see the backpage of the NY Post today. What an insult to the Jets and their players who have earned the Pro Bowl.
    Anyone who considers themselves a true Jets fan should boycott this trash of a newspaper that they continually ridcule the Jets.
    I for one am done buying their garbage.

21. By AK_Jet on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Jet Fan Since 64 tom- Get rid of Rex Ryan? That’s a little bit much, lets remember where we’ve been despite who’s behind center not because of it. I know he’s always sticking up for Sanchez but what are his options? His GM gave him know viable option to replace him with not to mention all the other glaring holes that Tannenbaum left in the roster. That being said I believe the GM deserves a chance to right the ship which I believe he will. Although it will take some creativeness and some swallowing of pride regarding the QB situation.

22. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Wow, a DL coach who actually played DL, what a concept! scjoe, I don’t exactly see it playing out that a Campbell or Orton or McElroy would get the job over Sanchez unless Sparano lobbied hard for it, as we saw today Rex is still in his “me and Mark for the next 10 yrs” fantasy. What I see happening, and why I see Sparano likely interim HC by mid-season, is one of those other QBs outplaying MS in exhib, MS getting the nod from Rex anyway, MS playing no better than he ever has, and then Rex putting another QB in only weeks before he, Rex, is fired. Of course, if Woody overrules to go out and get Peyton, Brees, or Rivers, MS is quietly traded for a low draft pick either immediately or after a season with one of those elite QBs at the helm.

23. By Tom Spicer on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

I think the Jets need to focus on the O in free agency. The D in the top of the draft & depth in the bottom of the draft. Rex is a good DC notice I said DC not HC before some of the usual suspects rip into me. All 3 years he has been here our D has finished in the top 7. Rex will scheme us to a top 10 finish with the talent we currently have on the roster. If we are going to miss on a player or get a guy that might take a few years we need it to be on the D side of the ball. I do not know our cap situation but we need PROVEN guys on O to step in. OT, WR, RB & QB we could use help at all of these spots but the Jets have to at least get a OT & WR in free agency worst case. Also guys are already talking draft free agency is mid march & the

24. By Tom Spicer on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

draft is mid april I think until free agency is over it makes no sense to talk draft. If we get a RT in free agency we are not taking one in the 1st few rounds of the draft?

25. By Tom Spicer on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

According to ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini, there are “growing indications” the Jets are keeping tabs on Peyton Manning’s situation and could “explore it further” if he’s released.
    Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News also firmly believes the Jets will be in the hunt for Manning, public comments in support of Mark Sanchez notwithstanding. Even if the Jets are interested, Manning is likely to be calling his own shots. NFL Network’s Jason LaCanfora has emphatically stated that Manning has no interest in playing for the Jets

26. By Bennett on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

If Brunell is back next year the are crazy… nice long run but its time to pack it in. I still think they plan on giving Sanchez one more year with full backing. I would hope that they would have a viable option to step in in case of injury or if starts throwing interceptions to linemen again. Having a 42 year old #2 and an untested kid with no snaps al year as your QB option is just not smart Football Mr. T-baum

27. By IRA on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Watching last nights HBO Namath shaw bought tears to my eyes at times. SO many memories with my dad and watching Namath and the Jets it made it seem like yesterday. I remember being in the lockeroom in 1971 before a Ciny game and seeing him getting taped up. Its a site i will never forget his knees looked like a mans of 75 yrs old. You can throw the stats out the window. I feel Elway had the strongest arm i have ever seen. Namath was built and was the most perfect passer ever. Just imagine if he had never hurt his knees how much greater he would’ve been.

28. By Bennett on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

I never liked Sanchez from the get go. I thought he was overrated in the draft and that some dumb team was going to fall for his one year of impressive play at USC in lieu of looking at the whole picture. The team that fell for it was the Jets. Someone on TV( I forget who but he was a very respectable football guy) was talking about how some QB react to getting hit by playing even better, ( the have a ” is that the best you got and bring it on attitude ” ) This is an Eli and Brady type. He went on to say there are some QB that can not take the pounding and become nervous and play scared. This is exactly what I saw in Sanchez this year and while he did not name names I got the distinct impression he was refering to Sanchez.

29. By GaryC on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

randy, any of the radar gang coming down to Indy.10.00 to ride the zip line ride.

30. By Randy Lange on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Gary C, photog Al Pereira and I will be rolling into town in Al’s hybrid at midweek.

31. By GaryC on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

the giants have proven if you have a dominant front four the back seven can be average,Maybe Brockers of LSU or Still of Penn State who knows.I am still seeking that game busting wideout which we lack.

32. By Bennett on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Spicer : I agree totally I just hope that the get more than that from free agent moves. Although they have had some really good results in the draft in past years what we do not need now is to use a low pick on another 3 year “project” we have had enought of that for awhile. Not only will a free agent provide a proven, ready to go player but some mature veteran leadership and style that is obviously lacking. As I said before this off-season is going to be really interesting and for some reason I remain very optomixtic about next year

33. By scjoe on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Ira, I watched the special and also felt the tears. Anyone who watched that special and still trashes Joe Willie because of his opinions and/or suggestions, like a few I have read, can not be Jet fans simply because Joe Willie IS the NY Jets. You have to wonder what might have been had the Cardinals offered Joe the same or more then Werblin and the Jets. Had that happened I don’t believe there would have been any SB victory in 69 and I have to question if there would have ever been a merger. Of course that is all hearsay now.

34. By scjoe on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

64, if there is a true, fair, and honest competition at the QB position and someone other then MS emerges as the victor it would be extremely difficult for Rex not to go along with those results. I think there is a better then even chance that the final decision will not be his, unfortunate, but in my mind true. I think first of all Mr T will over ride Rex, and if not, Woody almost certainly would. And if it ever played out like that, with all of the controversy surrounding MS I think there would be a mass exodus of green and white supporters. Me? I am to far gone and I would have to sustain all the pain and suffering that comes with the territory for God knows how much longer.

35. By scjoe on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

With some being down on Rex as a HC, here is my take on it (for what it is worth) Yes, Rex is a defensive coach, that is his expertise, but there are many clubs who are in the same position. Rex does not have the final say on personal matters, that is something that should be noted first and foremost. The guy who does have the final say is not really a “football man” he is however a great cap specialist and economist. The holes in the roster last season were directly attributed to Mr T and his lack of knowledge re player personal. IF there needs to be changes made it should begin with the GM not the HC. Bring in a guy like Polian to work with Rex and you will see instant improvement.

36. By Karan on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Some of you need to stop hating on Sanchez. He could do better but he’s definitely been screwed by Schottenheimer and Cavanaugh.

37. By Karan on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

The Sanchize shall lead us to the Super Bowl in 2012/2013. Our time will be next season.

38. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

AK_Jet, Rex has brought disgrace upon the entire Jet organization and made the team the most hated one in the league, the one that other teams most want to beat not because we’re that good or because we play dirty but simply because our HC doesn’t know when to shut up about anything. For those reasons alone he should go but he also knows nothing about O, doesn’t evaluate players well or know when to use which one, and doubles down on bad decisions rather than admitting to them. His option is to untether himself from just Sanchez and think about both his and the team’s future, but he doesn’t seem to know how to do that. Yes, Bennett, it’s MS who can’t take the rush, not Brady. It’a absurd that anyone would remotely compare them, of course.

39. By Bennett on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

I’m not a big fan of the old superstar thing. I didn’t like the Farve move which got us nowhere and ultimately resulted in Sanchez. I.am not a fan of Peyton coming here. No doubt he is a tremendous athete but I do have personal expierence in coming back from long serious injuries and I can tell you the older you are the harder it is to bounce back to your prior skill level, if you ever do. Peyton has been out a very long time for an older QB. and neck injuries are no joke. I was against the Plax signing and was actually surprised how well he did but you will remember he quickly had a hamstring and looked to run out of gas later in the season.

40. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

From an LA Times article today called, “In the NFL, it’s (almost) all about QBs”: “A great coach is going to need great players, and certainly the key one is the QB.” – Marv Levy. “No other position in sports “dictates the terms” of a game the way QB does, whether that impact is positive or negative. Everybody feeds off of what the QB can and cannot do. Defensively, offensively, everybody reacts to what threats or non-threats the QB has. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Young. Rich Gannon says, “The teams that don’t have great QBs are replacing their HC’s” – I wish! And as for Trent Dilfer, the writer makes the pt that, “Dilfer wasn’t elite, but HE DIDN’T MAKE COSTLY MISTAKES (my capitals), and was supported by a dominant defense.”

41. By AK_Jet on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Jet Fan Since 64tom- That was your argument for wanting Rex gone? Other teams in the league really hate us and want to beat us bad. You do realize how close we are to being a Superbowl team year in and year out? Anyone who watches a Jet game subjectively (not always easy for us Jet fans) can see that are sputtering inept offense is what’s holding us back. If not for the defense that Rex brings and the Special teams thats Westy brings we would be ranked in cellar along with our starting QB. Tannenbaum is the GM, not Rex. The past is the past, let’s hope for some huge improvements from our offense; I know what position I would start with.

42. By wayne on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

Karan, I can’t believe you’re doing a Rex Ryan….Even Rex finally admitted that might not be the approach to take. Keep hope alive Jet fan. Keep hope alive……………….scjoe, once again, I agree about T AND Polian. Man has long resume of building teams……But T won’t relinquish responsibilities and Johnson won’t ask……At least not yet………………..T has some serious work ahead. I thought so last year. I think it becomes more difficult this year. I do believe that they have cap challenges, which is why they can’t just send Holmes packing. If I’m right, it becomes more difficult to acquire FA talent, other than the bargain basement variety.

43. By Jimmer on Jan 29, 2012 | Reply

64 Tom, wow, I hope you’re wrong. That’s like wishing for a total wiping of the hard drive. We do not need a total recall of the system. What we need is a better system. This can be fixed easily, if the club wants to fix it.

44. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey Spice, in a column on the SB matchup on ESPN, John Clayton reports that the injury that caused Brady to miss practice before the BAL playoff game was “a slight left shoulder separation,” which is a little like saying “a slight case of cancer.” (Ask any athlete who’s had ANY kind of shoulder separation, slight or otherwise.) So keep the blinders on all you want but don’t come crying to me the next time “Mark” tweaks his knee and throws a bunch of picks to guys over the middle at the goal line after a potentially game-changing turnover. I admit, though, that I’ve noticed you positioning yourself to approve if we get Peyton, which is reassuring. Not that I think Peyton’s a guaranteed great move, but MS vs. Henne damn sure isn’t…

45. By IRA on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, From what i understand the Cards were making the play for Namath and then were going to trade him to the Giants and thats how the hatred to the Jets fans started from the Giant fans. Nobody talks about that at all. And you are right Namath is and will always be the Jets. Without him the Jets would be nothing. Loved that he was against the establishment.
    BTW its time they stop playing the Pro Bowl. Its a complete embarrassement to the fans and league. And no i did not watch it for more than 5 minutes. Just wanted to see the Jets for a split second. They should refund the money to the fans who bought tickets and cancel the game from here on out.

46. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey GaryC and some others, here’s an update on a running battle from last yr: I see on an ESPN piece about NE’s pass D that McCourty was beaten the third-most of any CB in the league. You can’t make a direct comparison to Wilson because Wilson didn’t start for us and McCourty did, though McCourty was such a liability that the Pats started moving him to S on 3rd downs. But as I’ve said about more than a few Jets including McKnight, who now scores 91-9 “Take” on Cimini’s “Take Him or Trash Him” poll, it’s a little early to be declaring McCourty a star and Wilson a bust. P.S. Sanchez runs 51-49 “Trash” on that same Cimini poll which, along with Curtis Martin’s vote for going after Peyton, I find encouraging in terms of folks’ grip on reality.

47. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

And by the way, Karan, while I won’t excessively defend Rex, Schotty, or Cavanaugh, don’t come inside with that weak stuff about “hating” on Sanchez. Evaluating a guy with a $50 mil deal that we traded up to #5 for and have just handed the job to for 3 yrs has nothing to do with “hate,” it has to do with trying to figure out if this guy’s really the guy and if not what we’re gonna do instead. Some of us are a little tired of the Jets running their mouths while NE and the Giants go to the SB. It’s bad enough that we got a HC who thinks his job is to merely predict SB glory every yr and say that every guy on the team is great (until he’s inexplicably cut like Woodhead, Clowney, and Cook), we don’t need to encourage fans to act the same way.

48. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

jet fan tom, wrong again, he was moved to safety for more playmaking from that position, which is why I bring up the point about moving cromartie to safety,the pats were getting torched by the safeties they have,chung is a hitter,not necessarily a ballhawk,One other thing jet fan tom, if I see Danny Woodhead at the super bowl village,I’ll express to him your best wishes.

49. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Okay, it is starting to get sickening out here, most of the newscasters and press are hoping for a giants victory, because it would be nice to have a manning winning again,Let’s go Pat Fans, get yourselves out here,it is almost to much for a jet fan to take.

50. By wayne on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, what the bleep is wrong with YOU?……You’re telling me you would rather the PATRIOTS would win? You need some time off sir……As a Jets supporter, we’ve all suffered greatly over these last 42yrs. It’s become obvious to me, you’ve suffered more than most. The New England Patriots? You want to win? My god, have you no decency, man?

51. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

hey wayne, are you one of those closet giants fan or you must be very young,I guess you were never an old Afl fan or remember the first jet giant game at yale bowl,who cares if the patriots,dolphins or bills win,that is what the jets should be striving for.sorry,I root against them when they play the jets, but against the giants, who garner all the publicity in new york when they win, yeah,I guess I am rooting for patriots.Wayne, If you want they are selling a flock of Eli Manning jerseys out here,I can send you a batch.Oh, one otther thing,and this leans to my thinking, I have two brothers-in-laws who are giant fans, and they have had enough super bowl satisfaction.

52. By Frank on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Right on Wayne…big brother is going to win this game. It’s real simple the QB’s cancel each other out and the Giants have the better defense. Giants will win in a close one.
    AK why should Rex the head bloviator of the NYJ be fired? It’s real simple he is an awful HC. His personell moves stink and there are many but the number 1 reason????? He didn’t have a clue about the poison in HIS LOCKER ROOM and it destroyed the season. His job IS to have the pulse of his team and to keep the ship in order! He has lost the team by coddling Sanchize-not and handing him and Holmes the team captains without earning it. He is in WAY OVER HIS HEAD. FIRE REX IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. By Frank on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

By the way Joe Philbin who I wanted TanWoody to hire is now the HC of the Dolphins and he has put together a great staff with Mike Sherman running the O. You can bet your bottom dollar the fish will be kicking tail this season and may very well pass up what’s left of this team.

54. By Frank on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Ok let me see….ah….ummmmm. Your super star player Revis with whom as the HCofNYJ you should have an open door relationship with says the team was rife with dysfunction and turmoil and YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!
    What was your ICE CREAM meetings all about???????????? You were supposed to be getting a pulse of the team weren’t you??????????
    This is surreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is running this team?????????? Woody do you even care?????????????
    Rex and his ice cream meetings are an embarrassment!!!!!!!!!!!And you continue to shoot your mouth off at the pro bowl when your players said to stop!!!!!! I don’t even know what you call this organization anymore. ITS PATHETIC!!!!!
    REX IS TURNING ME INTO A FULL TIME GIANTS FAN!!!!!!!!!

55. By IRA on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Gary,
    Not a bad idea about moving Cro to safety. He would be a great ballhawk but would you realy trust him to tackle anybody?
    wayne,
    Take it easy on Gary. This is a no win situation for all of us. I hope it ends in a tie but really i would like to see Ellis, Digs and Danny get a ring. So while i won’t root for either it would bother me more if the Giants win and living in NYC seeing and hearing about their SB win every day. With that said i am picking the Giants anyway 41-27.

56. By westcoastJET28 on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

I just want everybody to remember that, Robert Turner if fully recovered, will be back next year. So in regards to moving Slauson over to RT and giving Ducasse an opportunity, I think you should all re evaluate our options before making outrageous OL position shuffling suggestions. Just to freshen your memories Ducasse is the reason Turner was out this year. I don’t want to think about who he might get killed next if he were to start. I’m fine with him in the jumbo package and that’s about it, until proven otherwise.

57. By scjoe on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

64, I am glad someone addressed that “Hate” thing. I have mentioned this many times before, I don’t “hate” any Jet player, all I want to see is the best players play and those players win. If that is considered “hate” in some people’s mind, sorry!!!

58. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

AK, you got Spicer’s disease, whereby you selectively respond to 1 pt and ignore all the others? I gave several other reasons why Rex must go in that post alone, not to mention the many other posts in which I’ve documented his impulsiveness, bad decision-making, favoring of weak players for emotional reasons, and more. But the main reason he must go is because he has a 1950s view of O in the 21st century, this time read it when I print it. Nice try on McCourty, GaryC, but when you’re one of the easiest to beat CBs in the league, it’s not likely your team is overly counting on your playmaking ability. Most of McCourty’s picks last yr came on dreadful throws when NE was ahead by 3 TDs. And I don’t know about Cro at S the way he tackles.

59. By scjoe on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

64, re: Cimini’s poll and Curtis Martin’s endorsement to go after Peyton. I was watching the NFL Network a few days ago and Solomon Wilcots (a guy who I respect as a sports commentator very, very, much) was having a discussion with Willie McGinest about Peytons landing spot. Wilcox stated that the best possible landing spot, all things considered would be the NY Jets. He also stated, in so many words, that one selling point for Peyton would be the fact his brother ELI plays there. So much for the talk about Peyton “competing” with his brother in NY.

60. By scjoe on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Just to stick my two cents in on Wayne and GaryC s Giants-Pats debate. I am an old AFL guy myself, but there is just no way I can see myself rooting for the NE Patriots at any point unless it benefits the Jets in the standings.Not after the way Brady and Belichek and quite a few others on that team take serious pokes at the Jets any time they can. The NE Patriots are the arch rivals here, not the NY Giants who they play once every four years.

61. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Thanks re the hate thing, scjoe, the only thing I “hate” is seeing talk about football reduced to the superficial level of talk about politics. (You “hate” a politician if you don’t buy his nonsense, etc.) Similarly, I don’t think we can know yet of any reason Peyton wouldn’t come to the Jets as long as we made clear to him that we were serious about getting the right players and being in contention during his time with us. And by the way, the conversation with Peyton DOESN’T go like this: “We got rid of that troublemaker Holmes because he dared to criticize our great young QB Mark.” Peyton would laugh out loud at that one, and Holmes would shut up the second he heard Peyton signed with us. “Character” aside, WRs like QBs who can throw.

62. By Tom Spicer on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

I for one would love to get Peyton but as I have stated above Jason Lacforna of NFL network has already said Peyton has said he wants NO PART of the Jets.

63. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Ira and jet fan tom,the move of cromartie is to free safety,not strong so he is as far from the line of scrimmage as possible to maybe hide is big weakness of tackling.As the free safety he would be cleaning up the other defenders mistakes,hopefully not to many and use his one big strenght and that of a ball hawk,much better than leonard,pool,smith or any other safety on the roster.remember he is very long in arms and legs which could prevent long passes against the defense.

64. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Jet fan tom, you mean you don’t see McCourty picking off Eli a couple of times this week.

65. By Tom Spicer on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

AK, Please disregard Tom 64, He has the Mark Sanchez is 100% at fault for everything that is wrong with the Jets syndrome.He thinks if Mark was better it would fix bad coaching, bad o line play, bad saftey play, no pass rush, quiiter / criminal #1 WR, slow #2 WR, no #3 WR & no running game. He cant face the facts that there are MANY MANY holes on this team.

66. By Tom Spicer on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

We have gone over Eli, Cutler & Big Ben compared to Mark in there 3rd full year as a starter. This week I am going to do Tony Romo. Romo sat on the bench for 3 years to learn before he started playing. He learned under the Big Tuna & backed up Drew Bledsoe. Anyway here goes Romo 61% completion percentage, 3,448 yards, 26 TDS, 21 turnovers & sacked 20 times. Mark 56.7 % completion percentage, 3,474 yards, 32 TDS, 26 turnovers & sacked 39 times.

67. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, I’ve talked about the many, many holes on this team for a long time but you’re almost out there by yourself in denying the many, many holes in Sanchez’s game at this pt. And you fail to mention that my other big complaint about the team, re your complaint about coaching, is Rex! It’s also unfair to say we have no running game, we just have too much faith in over-the-hill guys like LT who some on this site are still saying we should keep when I said months ago he’s done. So there are obviously lots of problems with the team that will only be solved by building thru the draft, as I always advocate doing — but with the right QB, not the wrong one. And the one we’ve got now is looking like the wrong one, especially for the 2014 SB.

68. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

unrequited love,jet fans mooning over Peyton and he is saying get lost new york,Jet Fan Tom,you would actually have Manning have the say on bringing people in so he could be happy if he is here,No wonder jet teams continue to lose,salivating over other teams goods,do your own grocery shopping as Parcells use to say.

69. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Also, Spicer, it doesn’t matter what any sportswriter says about Peyton coming to the Jets until Peyton himself says he’s coming. That said, I’m still not sure I want to go that route. The best route would be to just rebuild thru the draft, like I’m always saying, but there seems to be something in the Jet DNA that’s against that, especially when the Giants are out there in the SB. Yeah, GaryC, I admit I can see McCourty or someone else picking off Eli more than I can picture the Giants picking off Brady too many times. The odds favor Brady winning a shootout and playing the better game. If he had a really bad game Sunday, it would be his first really bad game in yrs.

70. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

And one more thing, Spice: I was THE FIRST guy on this site to say drop the root-for-the-underdog nonsense about Leonhard and admit that the guy, however gritty, just isn’t big enough to start in the NFL, and I said that well before his first injury. I was the first to say that Leonhard, Smith, and Pool aren’t worth a damn put together, much less separately, and that Pool might stick around as a back-up, Leonhard is a situational player at best, and Smith should never have gotten that big contract. And I’ve been saying we need to draft 2 S guys this yr and maybe pick up another in FA when there are still folks on this site arguing against that. So don’t tell ME who saw through Rex’s usual brainless, overly emotional approach and who didn’t!

71. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

P.S. to Spice: And I said it was ridiculous to lose Lowery, Coleman, and Digs for nothing and I was the first and most vocal one on this site to go after Rex not only for letting some FO hack can Cook at the end of the season, but to go after Rex for his incredibly lame justification for losing Cook — “Tracey Wilson is one of the hardest-working guys on this team.” You wanna criticize what I post, go right ahead, but stop cherry-picking one pt and ignoring the rest of what I and others say. Oh sorry, I forgot, that’s the Spicer modus operandi, criticize Holmes’ career yds without mentioning his yds per catch, praise Sanchez’s rushing TDs (like that means a damn) without mentioning his incredibly costly picks, fumbles, and other errors…

72. By Tom Spicer on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Notice in the above Romo was sacked half as much.

73. By Tom Spicer on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Hunter not being even NFL roster worthy, Moore coming off of hip surgery was not himself in the start of the season, Mangold having a high ankle sprain missing 3 games & playing hurt in multiple other games, Slauson beign okay at best & that is putting it kindly & Brick having a career worst year next to his rookie year. All negatively impacted the play of the QB & the running game. But some guys will try to lead you to believe it is all the QB.

74. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

What are you trying to prove by comparing Romo, who’s FAR from elite, with Sanchez, Spicer? I have plenty of friends in and from Texas and know plenty of people in L.A. who root for the Cowboys, and to a man (and woman) they all feel pretty much the same way about Romo as many of us do about Sanchez, he’s always promising but has never realized his full potential. Come to think of it, you could do a good remake of that “Twilight Zone” episode with Elizabeth Montgomery when she rides up the hill in white and sees her older, embittered self in black on another horse, only you make it the younger Sanchez in green and white and the older Romo in blue, silver, and white. Anyway, this is the first yr MS was sacked much so again, stop the excuses.

75. By wayne on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

GaryC lobbing bombs, lllllol……I can’t even see Peyton playing in 2012, if he even wants to continue his career. Neck and shoulder issues are just no joke. I also think the reasons Peyton didn’t come first time around will be the same ones why he won’t come this time……DISFUNCTIONAL FRANCHISE……WHO DON’T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE QBS. WITH NO CLEAR GUIDANCE OR DIRECTION…..When he realized Bill was leaving, there was no way he was coming. Wasn’t that he didn’t want to play for Parcells, as some of press theorized, he didn’t want the choas that would follow after Bill left…..Not dissimilar to reasons for Belichick’s ten minute tenure.

76. By GaryC on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

there you go again,Jet fan tom, trying to sneak more trivia by me, I believe that lady was Diana Hyland, not Liz Montgomery.

77. By scjoe on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

From what I have heard, Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain and he will play. BUT, knowing that injury,and knowing the position he plays it will effect him to the point where he will not be the Gronk we saw in his 2 games against the Jets this year.Factor in Brady’s injury and I would say that if I were a betting man (which I am) I would take the 3 points and bet the house on that “other” NY team come Sunday.

78. By scjoe on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I would agree with you on moving Cro to the FS spot. Problem is, he was paid starting CB pay and no one can tell me that isn’t on the collective minds of our CYA FO. I can hear it now, “are you kidding me? we just paid this guy premium CB pay and you want to move him to FS? Aside from that, it is probably easier to go out and find a starting FS then to go out and find a CB to start along DR. Well, a quality starting CB anyway.

79. By jorge on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

hey what did the jets get for that trade with the jags anything good? Randy do you know?

80. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

You know, you could be right about Diana Hyland, GaryC, though I’d swear it was Montgomery…haven’t seen it in fifteen years…some “…Zone” freak on the site will enlighten us, no doubt…

81. By DKM on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

IT’s always fun to come back and see both Spicer and JFT 64 havent lost there Love for each other yet. Both of you have good Points. Combined we schould be able to Fix this thing. GaryC rooting for the Pats at the SB is sacraligious as a Jet Fan they are our Arch Rival. Sorry not that i care for the Giants but we only play them every 4 years. And having BB and B standing up there and bloating in our face is a lot worster than the Giant Fans.

82. By DKM on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

JFT 64 thanks for speaking up for WILSON enough of the Fans who think he was a bad Pick. If anything he showed steady improvement this year. I know it is far fetched but, How about bringing in Mangini as a Draft consultant, beside a couple of bad picks he did pretty well. Just saying.

83. By DKM on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

SCJOE Why so down on Nick, im just asking even hurt i think hes better than 90% of the leauges centers.

84. By Kevin65fan on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Wayne, get your facts straight. Parcells wanted to draft Peyton his first year after Kotite had the biggest losing season in Jet history. We had the first pick. there was no telling that Parcells was leaving. He coached us for three years and may have stayed longer if Peyton was drafted by us. Had nothing to do with what you are saying that Manning didnt want to come here because Parcells was leaving. Karan from your earlier post…Sanchize in the beginning of the season was to have a break out year..so he said. He was so confident, so much stronger, corrected his mistakes from previous years…so much more matured. Well his decision making stunk…was still erratic, timid in the pocket. Constantly checking down, lobbing passes to

85. By Kevin65fan on Jan 30, 2012 | Reply

Defensive linemen and getting the knocked down or intercepted. I never seen so many passes that were knocked down this year from his throws. He regressed so much that he has lost confidence in himself. This is NOT a QB I would want next year…it will only get worst. Especially if our first game is against the Pats up in N.E.

86. By AK_Jet on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Jet Fan Tom 64- Dont be bitter, I just feel strongly about Rex’s abilities as a coach and that going into only his 4th year he is doing an admirable job, yes their is room for improvement but given the fact of who we’ve had at QB for 3 years he’s gotten pretty solid results overall. So it seems other than are thoughts on Rex, I see where your coming from on the other angles. Let’s just pray Tannenbaum has a banner year and puts together a roster worth getting excited about, and let the QB position be open for competition, I really want to see what Mcelroy has got.

87. By Allan O'Dane on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

GaryC & scjoe,
    It would be a good idea to move cro to FS. He’s got the height and the weight. BUT cro doesn’t like to tackle. If he had say a victor green type tackling ability I would be all for it. Cro reminds me of randy moss, I will show up when I want to attitude. The kid from Bama’ Barron..word is he’s good enough to start right away. Freeney & Mathis maybe out of Indy. I hope the Jets at least try to get one of these guys to help our pass rush.

88. By scjoe on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

DKM…You must have me confused with someone else re: Mangold. I am a Mangold fan, big time, why would you get the idea I am down on him?

89. By scjoe on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Allan O’Dane. Yes, Cro’s tackling ability is a concern, but at the FS position I think his ball skills would more then compensate for his tackling ability, or lack there of. Also, he is a starting CB now and tackling is just as much a responsibility there as at the FS spot. I think the only drawback to that move would be finding his replacement at the other CB spot.

90. By IRA on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Manning didn’t come out because Parcells would not guarantee they would pick Manning. He was going to trade the pick and Archie didn’t want his son going to the best bidder. He wanted to know were the kid was going to play.

91. By Tom Spicer on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64, I am not saying Romo is elte what I am doing & have been doing is comparing the 3rd year numbers for Mark vs other good NFL QBS in there 3rd year. If you dont like it dont read it.

92. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

AK, if it was just a matter of room for improvement as a coach, I’d be okay with Rex. But I don’t see why the Jets have to become the most hated team in the NFL just because he’s the most hated coach in the NFL, and the way he tries to be one of the boys instead of coaching and disciplining them is ridiculous. Add to that that now all the key players like I said, Mangold, Revis, LT — all the real leaders — are saying they don’t dig his mouthing off and you have a joke of a HC. I’ll go with taking a long look at McElroy, though. Kevin65, this is a great pt of yours about “the 3rd yr was supposed to be the 4th yr” for Sanchez, please stay on it! DKM, thanks re Wilson and yeah, I love Spicer but he’s got some weird ideas about the QB spot.

93. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Since GaryC has me on “The Twilight Zone,” Spice, I’m happy to tell you that I’ll always read your furious, overreactive defenses of Sanchez, they remind me of some obsessive Zone character who keeps getting the meaning of what he’s reading wrong because he doesn’t go by any evidence other than what he so desperately wants to see…sort of like the folks who fell for the alien’s rap in “To Serve Man…”

94. By GaryC on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

why is it that with cromartie at safety people say he isn’t a good tackler for position, what about at corner where you have to force the run,and go against pulling guards,I mean you don’t need to be a good tackler then,as for his salary which people bring up, that he was paid to be a corner,how much money does polamalu and ed reed make as safetys,probably more then cromartie,so I don’t understand the money issue moving cromartie to safety.Of course this is probably all based on how much Wilson improves where he can take over the corner position, pray tell.

95. By scjoe on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, there is Reed and Polamula, then there is every one else at that position. I don’t know what each of their salaries are, but I would be surprised if it were anything close to what a top CB (Revis?) is making.

96. By MIKE on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Love the optimism of using Ducasse somewhere on the o line but if he had any talent he would beat out Slauson and Hunter last year. He was specially drafted to replace Faneca but couldn’t do the job.

97. By MiIKE on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

What’s to stop the Jets from using Cro as safety on passing downs and CB on 1st down. I agree that his ball hawking skills are probably as good or better than Leonard’s however Cro has the athletic ability to come down with it. I tell you one thing, there is know safer feeling than having Jim Leonard as your punt returner, he never fumbles or drops the ball. No disrespect to Kerley who I thought did a fine job after Jim went down.

98. By westcoastJET28 on Jan 31, 2012 | Reply

Mike, all we have Is optimism with Ducasse. He is, so far, a failed project. He has the size and athleticism but, i think he doesn’t have the smarts nor the mechanics. Hopefully a full offseason can help him improve, he could be a viable backup if he improves. Like I stated before, all he is now is a jumbo package lineman, until proven otherwise. And for the record I hope he does become great some day, cause I for one am sick and tired of wasting 1st rd draft picks on projects and busts.

99. By GaryC on Feb 1, 2012 | Reply

I have another point about the money cromartie would be making if moved to safety, the way the tightends are dominating football nowadays,eventually the safeties could be making more than the corners seeing that their are many great tightends nowadays, and by the way as good as reed is as a ballhawk,nobody ever confused him with ronnie lott when it came to tackling,so cromartie wouldn’t be the first safety that had tackling issues,just intercept the ball,baby.

100. By Chicago Bob on Feb 1, 2012 | Reply

Still a lot of things we need to improve on however if Dunbar agrees to coach the DL, just the addition of better coaches will help this team improve. The Dolphins may not have been a good team however their OL was always one of their better units, if not the best – you now have both coaches on board who were responsible for developing that group. Same with the Vikings, their DL was always their best unit under Dunbar. From everything I have heard, it sounds like we have improved in replacing Ellard as WR coach. Give Ducasse & Hunter an opportunity to spend a full training camp under these guys – let’s see what other coaching can bring out before we give up and let someone like N.E. pick them up and develop them into something worthwhile.

101. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Feb 1, 2012 | Reply

The problem, GaryC, is that because we never have enough draft choices, the discussion is almost always about overpaying Cro, Asomugha, Joseph or whoever instead of building a deep bench. And then, of course, when you factor in bizarrely losing Lowery, Coleman, Digs, and Cook and getting almost nothing in return, you’ve got a pretty sorry state of affairs considering that our HC supposedly “loves CBs.” Maybe like with so many of Rex’s idiotic ideas such as “ground and pound,” he “loves CBs” but doesn’t really have that good a grip on the entire issue, which in this case is the secondary. Wouldn’t be the first time he didn’t have that good a grip on something, including his emotions…

102. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Feb 2, 2012 | Reply

I agree that coaches can make a difference and that Lal seems like a good choice given the progress of OAK’s WRs, Chicago Bob. But I’m not sure anybody should be criticizing Henry Ellard. Aside from the facts that Ellard has much more coaching experience than Lal and had a bond fide great NFL career, I mean, seriously, anybody who can stop Edwards from dropping passes…

103. By Chicago Bob on Feb 2, 2012 | Reply

Tom, I agree with you that under Ellard, Edwards did improve on his concentration however in a lot of cases just a change of scenery will do wonders for a player – it was clear Edwards wasn’t happy in Cleveland and wanted to get out and get a fresh start. Lal has done a nice job developing Heyward-Bey – turning him into a solid receiver than just a track guy. Many people blasted Al Davis for taking him so soon (#7 overall) and it showed in his rookie season with 9 catches – 124 yards – 1 TD however he improved over the next two years going to 26-366-1 to 11-975-4. It seems like Lal is a quality teacher for young WRérs – something we may have to depend on if both Burress and Holmes are sent packing.

104. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Feb 2, 2012 | Reply

But Edwards dropped quite a few passes in his 1st yr with us, Chicago Bob, including some big ones, then the next yr dropped almost none. So I think it’s more likely Ellard, whom BE and others publicly credited with fixing BE’s drops problem, gets a lot more credit than just the change of scenery. As for Lal, not only did Heyward-Bey get better, he had the best yr of any OAK WR this yr, though to be fair some of the others were hurt, so he must be doing something right too. It would all be a lot easier if we had a HC (and fans, i.e. Ira with his backward “the Jets won’t spend that much money for WRs”) who understood that WRs are right up there with the most important players in the game today. Take a look at the teams that don’t have ‘em…

105. By westcoastJET28 on Feb 2, 2012 | Reply

My bad, I know Vlad was drafted in the 2nd but, what I meant was to stop wasting picks at 1 & 2. Players drafted that high should be able to come in and contribute almost immediately.

106. By Tom Spicer on Feb 4, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64, “WRs are right up there with the most important players in the game today. Take a look at the teams that don’t have ‘em…” this is your quote. It is amazing how when I say Mark has 1 WR Holmes & he has a bad attitude & you say it doesnt matter & how good he should be doing but look at your quote above. We have NO WRS Plax is washed up he makes great grabs but has ZERO speed. Kerley please one day he MAY be good. You cant in one breath say how important WR’S & not acknowledge THAT WE DONT HAVE ANY!

107. By Tom Spicer on Feb 4, 2012 | Reply

I hit enter by accident. You have to acknowledge he has no weapons in the passing game & that the O line played poorly. This effected the QBS play.

108. By Mike V on Feb 5, 2012 | Reply

Hey Randy, where is Sanchez? Is the team hiding him or allowing him to hide? When is “the kid” going to come out and face his critics? And his teammates? How long are the Jets going to coddle and protect him? Maybe he is hiding at Kim K’s pad? If so it’s just another bad decision by MS and another reason he should be gone. Is he ever going to man up? Are the Jets ever going to force him to grow up? How can he lead if he hides at the first sign of trouble?
    Watching the SB tonight reminds me AGAIN that we don’t have a franchise QB and without one we are stuck J-E-T-S watching the SB on TV and not playing in it. What’s the latest on Peyton? Now going on 44 years and counting…