• Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 12:15 PM - 12:45 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Jets Insider Eric Allen will report from Training Camp practice with guests Willie Colon and Rex Ryan
  • Wed., Jul. 30, 2014 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will adress the media following Training Camp practice
  • Sun., Aug. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel.
  • Sun., Aug. 10, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel
  • Wed., Aug. 13, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sat., Aug. 16, 2014 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation: Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

Maybin Wants to Be Considered a ‘Complete Player’

Posted by Eric Allen on April 25, 2012 – 10:48 am

Aaron Maybin proved last year that he could thrive as a situational pass rusher. Now after signing his restricted free agent tender, the 6’4”, 240-pounder wants to take his game to another level.

“By the end of this offseason and going into this next year, I want to be considered a complete player,” Maybin told newyorkjets.com. “With everything that’s gone on my whole career, I feel like I’m finally in a place where I’m going to have a position to flourish as a complete player and really have that opportunity. Coming into this offseason, I really want to focus on every single part of my game to make sure I am that complete player when preseason rolls around.”

It was just last summer when many wondered if Maybin’s NFL career was over. After being selected No. 11 overall in the 2009 draft, the Penn State product went sackless in 27 games with the Buffalo Bills and was released in August. The Jets signed him and he made the 53-man roster on cutdown day before being let go before the opener. But he re-signed with the Jets in Week 4, appeared in 13 games and experienced his professional breakthrough.

“This is the most excited I’ve been my whole career for the start of a season. Just because coming into last year, a lot of things were uncertain for me,” he said. “Coming into the situation this year, knowing that I’m in a brand new situation, I’m a lot more comfortable with the team now having almost a full year under my belt. I’m just excited to really get a whole year behind me and really get a chance to get out there and help us win football games.”

The best pass rushers have good vision and Maybin isn’t wasting any time looking behind him. While he led his new club with six sacks, four forced fumbles and 24 QB hurries, the Jets stumbled down the stretch and narrowly missed a trip to the postseason.

“Really, as soon as the season ended, all I could do was start putting down goals for next year. It ended with a little bit of a sour taste in our mouth,” he said. “With me personally, I’m excited as I’ve ever been, but I definitely didn’t spend too much time reflecting. It was really on to next year as soon as possible.”

A new face last year, Maybin said he is welcoming his new teammates with open arms and the team is moving ahead with a “singular mindset.” He was particularly happy that NT Sione Pouha received an extension and he also believes unrestricted free agent signee LaRon Landry can be a valuable addition in the defensive backfield.

“Me being from the DC area, I had a chance to watch him for a few years out there in Washington,” Maybin said of the former Redskin. “I’m excited to have a chance to play with a guy like that because you think about guys who can really patrol that secondary and it’s an imposing task for a quarterback to have to make some of those throws sometimes. Anything to make the quarterback hold onto the ball a little bit longer, I’m in favor of.”

On Tuesday night, some of Maybin’s artwork was showcased at the fifth annual Fashion and Football Gala and Runway Show in New York City.

“It’s been a big year for us. As far as the art goes, it’s really taken off for us this year,” he said. “Being in the New York market now and being as big as art is in the city, there’s been a lot of opportunities for me to get some of my stuff out and people have been very receptive to it, so it’s exciting.”

Tags: , , , ,
Posted in Eric Allen | 88 Comments »

88 Responses to “Maybin Wants to Be Considered a ‘Complete Player’”

1. By GaryC on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I love it when these football people try to outthink the others,why is it so important that a 6’5 275-280 pound guy needs to drop into coverage,it is not like he is going to cover a running back,all he needs to do is rush the passer and have a strong edge against the run,don’t make them out to be something they are not.That being said people know I am high on Perry and McClellin for first round but would not be against Couples or Chandler Jones either,Maybe the jets are looking for their own JPP.But please if I hear Floyd or Ingram I might have to reach for the Barf Bag.

2. By Karan on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I’m excited to see what Mayhem brings to the table this year, this guy is quick. If he builds more muscle mass, he can really get up there.

3. By Karan on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Revis might hold out again, come on Revis, give it a break.

4. By Karan on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

If Mark Barron falls to no. 16, the Jets will draft him, but that seem highly unlikely with Cowboys and Eagles head of us. I wouldn’t mind drafting Riley Reiff, DeCastro, however a WR should be avoided, we need an expierenced wideout like Braylon. Also, I’m not completely sold on Ingram and Upshaw.

5. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Eric, is he really 240? I remember even the Jets talking like he was more like 225 last yr. I’d like to see him stay a bulky, muscular 240 or more, but I don’t know if that’s possible.

6. By robertpapalia on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Just hearing fron Real Football Services that the Jets would give up a boatload of draft choices to get Melvin Ingram. Ingram may be a good prospect, but to give up alot of draft choices for him is insanity. Tannenbaum needs to get this draft right and not look for the quick fix. If he does trade away draft choices for that one player, this will set this team back even further.And then he should really be shown the door for screwing up the draft again. Its` times like these I hate to be a Jets fan. Every one of the 48 years.

7. By IRA on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I think Maybin will only be better this year with a full offseason to work with the coaches. He will probably never be an every down LB but a pass rushing specialist for sure. Betwen Maybin, Pace and whoever they draft to get to the QB this team should be able to apply more QB pressure than they have in years.

8. By jetsfan80 on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I wish Maybin the best. He sounds like a real team player with good character. I would love to see him develop into a three-down LB. Our team really needs solidity in that OLB spot. I’m a big fan of Pace and BT, but we need some young talent there for the future. I’ve read a few of the posts regarding Revis, I totally agree with trading him if he starts this holdout crap again. Sometimes, great players aren’t worth the headaches that come with them (i.e. Moss, T.O., Johnson). They could trade him for two or three really good players at his position and at other positions where we need to improve. It’s the name on the front of the shirt that counts, not the name on the back.

9. By Allan O'Dane on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Maybin needs to put at least 10 to 15lbs on his frame. Improve your coverage skills against TE’s and you maybe the most complete LB NYJ has (next to Harris of course). I just hope the NYJ stay at #16…and if anyone heard Jerry Rice talk about Floyd, he said that the kid is good…but needs alot of work. He said Justin Blackmon is the one ready for NFL now. We could get a WR in later rnds. Kuechly is the only sure bet..but he will be gone. If We draft Barron in the 1st…and maybe D.Martin / S.McClellin / L.David in the 2nd round that would be huge. Anyone of the players in the 2nd rd. will be a great addition. Let’s see if Tanny screws this up….

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

robertp, Mr T knows nothing about how the game is actually played, so there’s no way he can pick the right players, it’s as simple as that. He talks like some renegade motivational expert who never ran an actual business in his life at a corporate retreat and he has no street smarts. He’s a terrible card player as evidenced by his offering Revis a new deal before it was necessary and giving Sanchez a completely unnecessary new deal, then creating an even more unnecessary problem by picking up the QB-worthless Tebow. He’s one of the biggest, most obvious problems with this organization and we’re going nowhere as long as he’s here.

11. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Gary C, So you would be against the Jets taking Ingram at 16? I would much rather have Ingram then Perry or McClellin. Unless we have to trade up to get Ingram I do not want to trade up. But if Ingram is there at 16 he is my 1st choice.

12. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I just read this time last year the Giants were looking for a 1st round pick for Osi. Well I just heard that this year they are asking for a 3rd round pick. I would trade our 3rd round pick to the Giants for Osi in a heartbeat. Between Laron Landry, a full year of a bulked up Aaron Maybin & Osi. We would be set on D & in the drafts 1st 2 rounds we can just focus on the O specifically right tackle, running back & WR.

13. By scjoe on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

64, I think he was more in the 220-225 range then 240. Question is, if he comes in at 240-245 will he still have that burst he showed last season? GaryC, are you talking about a 6’5″ 275-280 DE, or an OLB? If you are talking about a DE, I would agree.If you are talking about an OLB, he better be able to cover. All you have to do is look at our current core of LBs to know that.

14. By scjoe on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Well, we are one day away and everyone has put their two cents in on who the pick will be. Knowing the Jets it will probably be someone out in left field that none of us has ever mentioned. I can hear those fans in the balcony already, WHAAAAAAAT?

15. By wayne on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Hear there are teams itching to trade up. Are we smellin a sucka? AGAIN?

16. By Frank on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Hey 64 read Kerley’s remarks about Tebow and Sanchize-Not. As Bart would say…I can’t wait!

17. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Appearing on Mike and Mike early Wednesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter suggested that both Quinton Coples and Melvin Ingram will fall out of the top-ten picks. “What’s interesting to me is that you heard so much talk about Quinton Coples and Melvin Ingram being in the top ten. I don’t know that I see either player in the top ten right now,” Schefter said. “For weeks, we heard that those guys were gonna be top-ten picks.” Schefter added that he “could see” Coples falling to the Jets at the No. 16 pick. “I’m not sure exactly where Ingram is.”

18. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

We dont have to trade up either Ingram, Coples, Reiff, Decastro, Barron or Floyd 1 of these 6 will 100% be there for us.

19. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

According to ESPN New York’s Rich Cimini, the Jets called Alabama RB Trent Richardson Sunday to verify his contact info “just in case” they trade up for him. This sounds like a juicy rumor on the surface, but it’s common practice for teams leading up to the draft. The Jets are believed to be in the mix to trade up, but they’d have to surrender an awful lot to move into the top-five or six picks for Richardson.

20. By GaryC on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

espn is reporting jets are trying to move up for richardson,I guess rex wants to be ditka and trade his whole draft for one player,only a few days ago he loved shonn greene,I guess not that much,tannenbaum must have a compulsive personality to continue to trade picks,or like I said he figures having clinkscale as his head scout better to trade then go by his word.

21. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

According to Sporting News’ Russ Lande, “some teams” have Stanford OL David DeCastro rated as the No. 3 offensive tackle in the draft.
    Nos. 1 and 2 would be Matt Kalil and Riley Reiff. DeCastro (6’5/316) has size to play right tackle in the pros, although he possesses relatively short arms (32 3/8″). Lande is confident DeCastro will be a top-15 pick. Versatility would certainly help DeCastro’s cause. He played only right guard in college

22. By Allan O'Dane on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

64Tom & GaryC & Scjoe…take a look at ESPN.com go to NFL I choose the Stephen Jackson story. But if you look to your far right of the screen look for Draft Profiles: The Mag: Burfict fighting perception…great story…I think this kid maybe worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick…just my take…Oh..I don’t remember who posted about Martin from Michigan, this kid has a motor…always around the ball…blue collar type player…just loves to ball..

23. By Tom Spicer on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I read that the Bills really want Barron up until today pretty much ever mock draft I looked at had Reily Reiff going to the Bills at 10. If the Bills take Barron then maybe Reiff would fall to us? It would be a good move in that it would be best player available & fill a big need.

24. By paul n on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

All this talk about a number 16 pick! Every scenario, trade up, trade back, stay where we are!! Richardson, Ingram, Upshaw, Barron, all craaziness!! Offensive Line HAS to be our 1st rounder!! Pass rushers in this draft are suspect and plentiful. Richardson is too far a stretch unless you want to give up the rest of the draft. Maybe a trade up for barron might be swallable at a cheap enough price, but really we need offensive line help like last year!

25. By Eli Rodriguez on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Something has been brewing with our scouting dept.—–not only has player evaluation been off the last couple of years, now Joey Clinkscales. (VP of college scouting) might be leaving(yeah right ala Shotty) I Strongly believe the problem start at the Top. Mike T. that is. I know, Mangini left a strong core and in 2yrs Mike T and Rex dismantle it. I even wonder if they’re are listening to The scouting dept. Mike T do me a favor and trade Revis and McElroy to the Browns for the 4th and 22nd pick in 1st round.

26. By Eli Rodriguez on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Another reason why I feel Rex is over his head is because: 1. He keep Shotty 2. He might have drafted M.S. 3. He dump Woodhead and Maybin (then got Maybin back by default) 4. He doesn’t know the offense 5. Has no situational awareness(said he didn’t know Holmes wasn’t in the game—or had the pulse of the team) If he’s that good WHY didn’t the Ravens made him HC, another blunder by Mike T.

27. By scjoe on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

With the latest talk about the Jets moving up to take Richardson at #4 you can be sure that either Greene or McKnight will be included in any package, probably McKnight because Greene would be a better complement to Richardson. I do not particularly agree with moving up in this years draft, but if they feel they need to do it, this is the one guy you would do it with. If they can move up with out giving up their #2,(players instead) it would be a no brainer I would rather see them give up next years #1 then this years #2.

28. By scjoe on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Alan O’, are you talking about Vontaze Burfict? Because if you are, he just failed another drug test. Brilliant, right? I think this guy will probably go in the 6th or 7th round, if at all. What a complete waste of talent.

29. By Allan O'Dane on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, I would trade a 3rd rd pick for Osi in a heartbeat. ( Since we got caught sleeping at the wheel while Philly got Demeco Ryans for a 5th rd pick ).
    Get Osi…Draft DeCastro in the 1st rd. Then draft RB/ D.martin OR McClellin in the 2nd rd. ( Even thought I think Vontaze Burfict will be the next Ray Lewis ). So In three moves you solve A LOT of issues….

30. By GaryC on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

allan,I mentioned Martin and Scjoe told me he saw him more as a defensive end, but my thinking is the guy was a college wrestler, he knows about leverage and being 6’1 he can get under the pads of a center and guard,I think he would be an excellent third round pick if still there.

31. By Allan O'Dane on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I know I wanted Barron in the 1st rd. in my previous post, but Spicer brought up Osi …..so I changed my mind….so what?…not like NYJ is going to listen to me anyway…LOL

32. By GaryC on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, Ryan was working couples out as an outside backer to see how good his hands are.who cares, be a pass rusher and stout against the run.

33. By GaryC on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Tom Spicer, if Ingram is their at 16 then he was overrated from the beginning,I don’t know if I want a guy who is 6’1 and 260-265 pounds being in my three four, unless he turns out to be Lamarr Woodley.If he is a standup outside backer I would prefer a guy be 6’3 to 6’4.

34. By robertpapalia on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I don`t care that Trent Richardson is the second coming of Jimmy Brown. You do not mortgage your future with giving up all your draft choices of high note. If Tannenbaum does this it will confirm what alot of us already know. He is a knucklehead who is way over his head. What this comes down to is this. Tannenbaum should write a book titled ” How I destroyed a Franchise”

35. By MIKE on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Trade Revis. The guy is the best CB in the league and a top 5 defender but he will want around 16 mil a year.The Jets are in cap trouble this year that’s why they haven’t spent as much this year in FA and his contract has a lot to do with it. He didn’t play as well last year and got lit up by Stevie Johnson. You could get a tonne for him right now, probably a high end player plus high picks. If they were close to a championship than no way but they are several players away.

36. By Ed in Tucson on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Would Minnesota be interested in Revis for their 1st rd pick. It might be time to show how much we love him by letting him go.

37. By scjoe on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I agree about Ingram, same is true for Upshaw, both barely 6’1″ Not knowing how the draft will play out, I hope the Jets consider trading down to low 20s for either Jones (Syracuse) or Branch (Clemson) I would much rather see one of them at OLB then Ingram or Upshaw.

38. By Sal on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I think Mr T is drafting for his job this year, so I doubt it he will take any high risk picks. Depending on what Revis is saying I would try to trade him to move up and take Richardson, Here is a nice move Browns have 2 #1 picks, trade Revis and our #1 pick to the Browns for their 1st #1 pick 4th overall and we get their 2nd pick in the 1st round # 22 overall…seems fair enough…we get rid of a headache…get a legit complete RB…if possible see if the browns will throw in a 4th rounder with that deal either way good business..then we can draft a CB or let Wilson fill Revis’s spot…see what this kid can do with more playing time and grab a tackle or w/e…but that would be an awesome 1st day of the draft

39. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Tell me where the Kerley quotes are and I’ll check them out, Frank. Allan, I’ll check that story on Berfict but scjoe’s update on the drug test sounds like troublesome. How can the Jets even be thinking about trading up for Richardson? Nothing against him but what’s he gonna do on a team with few other RBs (if you deal Greene or McKnight), huge problems on OL, two QBs who haven’t proven they can throw consistently well (one who hasn’t thrown as well as I did in 9th grade), and a WR corps with one great player, one good prospect, and then mostly zip. Asking any top-drafted RB to do much with that is insane but if doing so leads to Mr T and Rex getting fired, it might be worth it.

40. By DKM on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

I dont know how much of the chatter is predraft schmarn to put ourselves in a better position to either get better value to move back and pick up some more picks at least i hope that waht all this rumors are about, cause one thing i can tell you right know if Mr. T thinks to throw away this years draft by moving up for Ingram (by the way i think another V. Gohlston in the making) then we just got another sign that these guys are here to mess us up for many years to come.

41. By DKM on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Most of the time the Teams who throw around names of players they like to draft are the ones wich they dont take, and have other Teams hitting the Panic Button to make moves they dont want.

In case of the Jets perfect pick at 16 and the Chargers and Bears are interestet to move up to get there player, fine with me since i personely want no part of a S or a shortarmed Ingram and i dont care how high his Motor is running, remember a SHORT will burn them out quick.

42. By DKM on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Another thing if Richardson, Kalil happens to fall a couple of spots in front of us and i mean a couple, than you go for it, other than that we stay put and take the best guy on the Board (Upshaw, DeCastro,Reiff) if not let others push there luck and give us a couple of DP’s.

43. By DKM on Apr 25, 2012 | Reply

Good luck to all of us tomorrow and go jets.

44. By Another Tom on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Osi for a 3rd rounder seems like a no brainer..proven pass rusher. We probably cant afford Him though and He seems like the disgruntled type..I will respect T-baum / Rex more if they do not cave-in to Darrelle agaain. He does’nt interested in being a Jet His entire career. Even the great CB Deon Sanders played for 4-5 teams. They should trade him for picks,including a # 1 next year. We could probably Draft Jenkins in round 2 to replace him…Just Do It !

45. By steven on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

MO BO and POE will bring the SHOW. Sacks up the middle. Wall Street against the run.

46. By IRA on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Nobody knows how any of these guys will pan out even the scouts and thats the truth. Its a big crap shoot. Can’t see Ingram dropping out of the top 10 but if he does that doesn’t mean he won’t be a good player. If i recall the last player the Jets got at 14 was Revis. Well how did that work out? And i will stick with this and God willing look back in 3 yrs to check. DeCastro and Barron are the two of the safest picks in this years draft.
    I am against any nonsense about the Jets moving up to 3 to take Richardson. Only way i can see it is if they swap 1’s add next years 2 and throw in Keller which would make Uncle Joe’s night. Its not happening i hope!
    GO JETS!!!!!

47. By westcoastJET28 on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Hey guys I’m back (from a vacation) just in time for the Draft, and welcomed by disappointing news surrounding the Jets. Revis, Revis, Revis, tisk, tisk. Trading up for one player, giving up our entire draft, tisk, tisk. Not what I wanted to come back to. Well, time for my two cents. First off, Revis will not be traded, we can’t afford to trade him and should not anyway. Trading Revis would kill us financially and defensively. Although that would be a T-Bum type of move, I wouldn’t put it passed him. Also we have no money to pay the man, so, were in a vine here. I just wish he wasn’t so selfish. Second, if we trade up and lose picks, T-Bum needs to be fired on the spot. We need every single pick we have this year plus 1 or 2 more. As long as we draft pass rush/OT in the 1st & 2nd rds I will be content.

48. By westcoastJET28 on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

How bout a Tebow, Hunter & Scott trade for a 4th & a 5th?? I’m still trying to find a way to get Tebow off this team, lol. We could have found anybody in the NFL or the world for less then we got that bum for to be our PP. Ridiculous! Hmm let me guess, we’re gonna try to run a lot more fake punts!? I think my 7 yo nephew could have figured that out. Since I mentioned Hunter in a trade, can we trade him for a new water boy or at least a new washing machine?

49. By PIEMAN on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

O-line help is the most pressing need, and has been for te past two years. We must stay the course or replay last season , and none of us want to even consider this thought . As for trading revis , how about paying the best you have and possibly in the league and put it to bed for good . Resiign Braylon PERHAPS MOVE UP IN THE SECOND ” WE ALOT OF LATE ROUND PICKS WE COULD PACKAGE” AND DRAFT DEFENSIVELY ,

50. By Scott T on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I really hope we don’t trade up for Richardson. We have too many holes to fill to give away a bunch of draft picks for a running back. Even if he is being compared to A. Peterson.

51. By Chicago Bob on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

No more talk about Barron or Floyd – neither one has the ability to pressure Tom Brady and that is what we need to get past New England. It would not bother me to trade a #3 for Osi however due to his injury history and the fact we are still not sure Maybin can handle a starting role, I would still look at OLB or RDE with the first pick – any front 7 player that can help put Brady on his *ss. The Revis thing is getting old and it would not bother me if we traded him and moved on however when you look at what the Browns got from the Falcons for the rights to draft Julio Jones and what the Redskins traded for the rights to draft RG3, you had better get more than two first round picks for the best CB in the game.

52. By SCfromNY on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Move up for Trent Richardson? PLEASE NO! Take a look around the league. Except for Ray Rice there is no playoff team that dependent on a back and Rice fits well in the passing game.Has Adrian Peterson made a Super Bowl team out of the Vikings? LBs and Safety first 2 rounds then OL. Our LBs are just 1 or 2 steps off because of age we need youth. Osi for a third – FANTASTIC!

53. By SCfromNY on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

It is difficult to imagine taking a WR in first or secocond round until we get a QB who can find the second reciever and then lead him. I think if ever given a honest chance Patrick Turner would turn out real good. You can not blame him for lack of production when on the field so little and has a QB who is not very accurate. We could release him and have the Pats pick him up and be a star.

54. By Frank on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Spicer there is zero chance on getting Osi. First he won’t play on a 4 mil contract we don’t have the cap from to handle even that number. Second he is a 4-3 end where are you going to put him? He is too small for a 3-4 end and lastly we have a situational pass rusher in Maybin
    Here goes Holmes shooting his mouth off again saying…qoute ” We need O-lineman at least 2 who can start right away.” While I agree with his assessment and hope they draft Decastro he is the last guy to be making those kinds of statements.

55. By Frank on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Here it is boys and girls. We must land Decastro at 16 I think he will be available at that spot. We then must trade up to Houstons spot at 26 and take McClellin because if we don’t the Pats or Packers will be taking him. Picking these two guys would improve the team tremendously. Go get’m TanWoody!

56. By IRA on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Please stop with this Osi talk its crazy. One bad fit for the Jets and the biggest reason the Giants and Jets are not pulling off a trade especially with the bad blood between them. Plus let the Jets find pass rushers like the Giants do year in and year and which brings me back to the system. I don’t care what the experts say its harder to find 3-4 pass rushers than 4-3. All i have heard since 06 is we can’t get to the QB. Well prior to that we didn’t have that problem. End of story!

57. By Allan O'Dane on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe & 64tom, If the story is true about Vontaze Burfict…I am so disappointed in this young man. So much god-given talent wasted. When you have coaches like Bill Belichek coming to speak to you and showing interest it speaks volumes on what they see in your play. Even Ray Lewis spoke to this kid. Well, if he falls in later rounds I still say take a chance. But I wouldn’t take him now no higher than 6 or 7. It was reported that Revis was upset that certain “people” got contract extensions that didn’t play at a high level. Also Brandon Moore unhappy about same situation…When a guy like Moore plays his butt off and never rocks the boat and is one of the top guards in the league…well he may have point..

58. By DKM on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I rarely agree with Francesa and his take on the Jets, but yesterday for once i agree with what he saying about Revis, stop the wining there is no symphaty for you left here, you made a decision 2 years ago with the backing of your Agents to sign a frontloaded contract now HONOR it, if you didnt like it in the first place then you schouldnt have signed it and waited longer for a better contract to come along, if the Jets happend to get the better of you in that Deal so be it, it was you who agreed, nobody forced your hand.
    Here is a note to the FO, stick to your guns and make him play out his contract dont even consider trading him, you will never replace him a guy like him comes along only every 15 years.

59. By DKM on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

………….. on Revis, he will think twice about holding out this year under the new CBA rules and the Fact that he has clause that triggers a another 3 years on the cheap if does decide to hold out.

Do for once the right thing like a blue collar guy and honor a handshake or contract because you gave your word or put you john on the doted line.

60. By russ on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

teams with mjajor holes trade up…teams like the Jets with many positions to fill should concentrate on “real needs” pass rushers pass protectors and starting running back..

61. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Forget Richardson, if the jets go to ground and pound how many years is richardson going to be a top flight back,not long with the wear and tear he will be put through,Also a top sacker makes any corner look good so if the jets were able to get a great deal for Revis do it,I mean the jets survived with Jerry Holmes when they had the sack exchange.Up front is where it’s at, offense and defense.

62. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Frank, that sounds like a shot at Hunter and Slauson’s replacement whoever that might be.Some people never change,like I been saying and Holmes fits into that category,trouble wherever he’s been,but you will hear from others that it is never his fault.

63. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Randy, just wondering, does anyone in jet management ever read from the bloggers and what they want,or are they just like most and say they never played the game,what do they know.

64. By Randy Lange on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I don’t know if the Jets front office monitors comments on the Radar or doesn’t monitor them. I haven’t heard either way. But I have never heard anyone in the FO disparage the fans or their experience or expertise in any way.

65. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Honesty from Cimini, from his article today: “The bottom line is in the 3 drafts of the Ryan-Tannenbaum administration, the Jets have yet to select a Pro Bowl player. They got 5 starters in 13 picks, not bad, but they’re still waiting for their first game-changer to emerge from that group. The 13 selections, by the way, represent a league-low in that span — 3 fewer than any other team, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Only 3 of the 13 were defensive players; every other team had at least 9 — stunning, considering Ryan’s background in defense.” Note that he does NOT list Sanchez as a game-changer. And that he repeats my pt about for all Rex’s inflated talk and rep, he’s failed to bring good new players to our D, unless you count Cro.

66. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Ran out of room on Rex and D players: I consider Wilk and Wilson promising, Wilk a little more so, but as Cimini says, they’re hardly game-changers as of yet. I consider Landry an iffy pickup, no bigger deal than when we got Pool who also had injury problems. Leonhard and Scott were overrated when we got ‘em and are now really overrated. The jury’s out on Ellis, we have a few FA LBs we’re hoping will pan out, and of course Rex lied like a rug (“Tracy Wilson is the hardest-working guy on this team’) when someone impulsively cut Cook, who we’d spent almost 2 yrs developing. All in all, a generally mediocre record or worse under a HC who’s supposed to be such a D wizard. Far from NYC, it’s easy to see how the NY press overrates him.

67. By scjoe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I wonder if Mr T is on the horn with both Cleve and Minn about giving up their #1 AND #2 for Revis. At 3 or 4 you would have the choice between Richardson or Claiborne. Personally I would like to see Claiborne at 3 or 4, Decastro at 16, Jones or Branch at 35 or 36, and Miller at 47. The only thing missing is a safety which you get in round 3

68. By robertpapalia on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

If Tannenbaum thinks that Revis may holdout this year he should trade him for a 1st round draft choice. Maybe to the Vikings. Then maybe they could then draft Richardson. Like I said before, they should not give up a King`s ransom for any one player. Including Richardson. They need these draft choices to fill many holes. Including olb, rt, wr, safety. They need to get this draft right this year. Or it could be a very long year.

69. By Charliejet on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

“For the 16th 2012 NFL draft choice the NY Jets pick Peter the”the punter” Chenowski from Oshkosh University from nowhere USA”. Oh boy was this a real steel a beaming Rex Ryan was saying to a shocked media/fan base. We didn’t even have to trade up for this kid chimed in Tannenbaum. I ask you fellow Jet fans
    would something like that even surprise you?

70. By Charliejet on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

oops – make that steal.

71. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

look, if jets go offensive line in the first round,they have to take Glenn of Georgia.would probably move right in to take Hunters spot and he can also play guard so he has versatiliy.He also plays in sec where he played against ingram,upshaw and Brockers so he has played against the best.that is if they go offensive line with first pick.

72. By Gabriel on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I read an article saying Maybin already has put on 6 pds of muscle when the offseason workouts began so he is 6’4 240 his goal is too be 250 by the start of the season and that excites me. he can be a three down guy if he learns the defense more and bulks up on muscle mass. I wonder who the Jets will select with the 16th pick any thoughts fellow jet fans?

73. By Tom Spicer on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Citing a club official, ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio reported Thursday that there is a “zero-point-zero percent chance” the Jets will trade up in the draft for Alabama RB Trent Richardson. Even with Richardson ranked No. 1 on the Jets’ draft board, the cost is simply too much. Sal Pal named South Carolina LB Melvin Ingram and Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd as the two likeliest targets if the Jets stand pat at No. 16. If both Ingram and Floyd go before their pick, Paolantonio reported that New York would strongly consider Stanford OG David DeCastro, and use him at right tackle

74. By Frank on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

64 what have I been saying for since the end of the season. Ryan is a horrendous talent evaluater and there has been a rapidly declining talent erosion on this roster since he has shown up. He won with Mangini’s core guys I made that statement several months ago. The best plan is the one I laid out trading up from 16 is idiotic trading up to the top of the first round makes more sense and I believe McClellin is better than Ingram and will be a better pass rusher.
    64 Kerley told ESPN that Tebow throws significantly harder than Sanchize-Not and was surprisingly accurate more so than Sanchize-Not.
    Teeeeeeeeebooooooowwwwww Whoooooooooaaaaa! Get used to it boys!

75. By Frank on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I have no problem trading Revis for a high number 1 pick…to the Browns? so we can get Richardson? I doubt the Browns would do it but if Richardson slides past the Browns I could see Tampa doing this trade.
    Revis while a great corner is not a playmaker like Sanders was or even Woodson. He is also not worth 10% of the salary cap either only a franchise QB is. So I say let him play out the contract or trade him for a very high first round pick.

76. By Frank on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Gary C, Slauson will be ready for the season and I have said it repeatedly he played Tackle in college so if we draft Decastro we can slide Slauson outside to take over for Hunter.

77. By joe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Tom the NFL NETWORK has us as one of the absolute worst teams DRAFTING IN THE NFL .In total WE HAVE 3 DRAFTED PRO BOWLERS ON THE ROSTER By comparasion THE PATS HAVE DRAFTED 9 PRO BOWLERS AND THE STEELERS 8 Interesting every playoff team FROM LAST YEAR HAS AT LEAST 6 OR BETTER.NE the past 4 drafts has 5 PRO BOWLERS Any of those in a JET FANTASYLAND should check the numbers before they say NE IS JUST AVERAGE AT DRAFTING AS THEIR RATED BEST IN FOOTBALL.

78. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

final plea,no Michael Floyd, two years ago against USC a 5’10 corner shut him down and helped USC win that game at Notre Dame,I do not want to throw a sneaker at the television when the commish announces the jet pick.

79. By scjoe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

My last entry before the draft. I just hope that no matter what order they choose, they come out of this with a starting RT, OLB, safety, and an upgrade at RB. The RT may be addressed in free agency (Carey?) WR? Maybe in later rounds or (Edwards?) Hopefully, a punter and/or kicker with one of those compensatory picks. It may even be worth a chance to consider Burfict with one of those comp picks if he slides as much as people suggest.

80. By walt on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I have heard revis is at it agsain. threatening another holdout.this is the second time he has pulled this stunt.i do not know about anyone else but i am ready to trade him for richardson.we have other cbs on this team.it seems like every time he hears another cb is making more money than he demands to have his contract renegotiated.how can you have aqny respect for someone like that.maybe revis should look up the defination of contract.

81. By scjoe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I have to agree about Floyd, but probably for different reasons. I think if Floyd goes in to the right system (with the right QB) he will succeed, no doubt. It just wont happen in NY.

82. By danny on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

I like Chandler Jones and if he is around early in 2nd rd we should move up for him if we don’t go pass rusher in the 1st. He is JPP jr with wide range and great athlete. The more I watch him the more I like him and I already like his bro Jon Jones UFC Champ. The family is full of athletes. I would actually love Decastro 1st rd then trade up for Jones and WOW then the LSU safety 3rd rd and we would draft 3 starters. To good to be true haha

83. By GaryC on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Frank, I also said that early in the year and Ira said no way about Slauson to tackle and Ducasse to guard,I have said if ducasse ever makes it it will be at guard,I still think we need the guy who can put heat on the passer,look we have the 16th pick,if we can’t pick a player to beat out Hunter, bryan thomas, or chaz shillens we all need to take over tanny’s responsibilities.

84. By joe on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

lol WHOEVER runs the DRAFT FOR CLEVELAND MUST HAVE TIES TO US .CLEVELAND just gave away a third TO MOVE UP A SLOT TO DRAFT RB Richardson.You could have the second coming of JIM BROWN its NOT GOING TO MATTER one bit. With COLT MCCOY PLAYING QB you got absolutively no shot at a SB NO MATTER WHOSE RUNNING THE BALL.

85. By Tom Spicer on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Frank, Kerley said & I quote “Tebow throws harder than Mark & he is more accurate than I thought he would be” He 100% did not I repeat did not say he is more accurate than Mark re read it.

86. By E on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

Jets need to draft WR Michael Floyd!!!!

87. By westcoastJET28 on Apr 26, 2012 | Reply

“Different than Mark, different than Mark,” Kerley said at the NFL Pop-Up store on 41st today. “(Tebow’s) ball comes out a little bit stronger, but he’s accurate, he’s more accurate than what I thought he was going to be. But he’s a good dude, he has a great personality, he’ll bring a lot of personality to the team.”

Actual quote from Kerley. Frank your putting words in peoples mouths to make your savior Tebow look better then Sanchez. Don’t be that guy.

88. By Matt on Apr 30, 2012 | Reply

all these posts are what I call fickle fans