• Sun., Aug. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

• Sun., Aug. 10, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Aug. 17, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT SNY's Jets Nation Inside Camp

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Aug. 24, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

Tony’s O: ‘I’m Excited About the Possibilities’

Posted by Randy Lange on May 3, 2012 – 4:08 pm

It had been a while since reporters had heard from Tony Sparano, and so today the Jets’ new offensive coordinator checked in with “the beats” on a conference call. To give you an idea of how hard he’s pushing it already at the start of May, his call was scheduled to begin at 2:15 p.m. ET, but he wasn’t able to break out of his offensive meetings until after 2:50.

And when Sparano talks, people listen. It’s not because of what he says about his players because like Rex Ryan he generally speaks positively about the players he’s working with, and what he says behind those meeting room doors will stay there.

As he said when a writer said that the players have described his style as “no-nonsense” and how would he describe his approach to those players, he replied, “Non-nonsense, honestly.”

Expanding on that terse retort, Sparano said, “My approach has been to spend very little time talking about things that happened in the past and worry about what’s ahead for us. We know we have to improve, every one of us. I have to be a better coach. From the players’ standpoint, we all have to do the job there. My deal with the players now is that we have a handshake deal — I’m going to give you my best effort every single day, you can bet on that, and I expect the same from the players on this side of the football.”

As for particulars, Tony had plenty. Eric Allen, my partner, will have a news story about the favorite topic of the day, which was Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, even a dash of Greg McElroy, the Wildcat, improvement behind center, and managing the QB situation. I’ll give you a few of the other topics that Sparano handled with his typical informational tone provided with his Connecticut/Massachusetts lilt that, somehow sounded to me as if it had a little Chicago thrown in, although to my knowledge Tony S has never worked in the Windy City.

Offensive weapons in general — “Honestly, I’m very excited about it. One of the things I felt coming in here were just some of the outstanding parts here, I think Coach Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum have done a great job that way, in putting together some of the pieces here. Our tight ends, even some of the young players at the position, we’re anxious to see how they develop. The wide receivers, we’re anxious to see how Jeremy Kerley will come along, Tone and his ability out there, then you add a player like Stephen Hill to that group. I was part of drafting Pat Turner in Miami, so to see how he’s developed, a lot of these players have developed really well along the way. … I’m excited about the possibilities we have.”

Santonio Holmes’ skill set — “I think he has special ability. There’s an interesting take when you’ve been on the other sideline, in the other room preparing for the players the Jets have here right now, having to figure out how you’re going to handle Dustin Keller, Santonio Holmes, or the running game with Shonn Greene and that offensive line. I think this guy has really special ability. He can catch it and run with it. He makes the hard catches, the acrobatic catches. He works really hard at it. The guy wants the football. The thing I’ve noticed about Tone in my time being around this guy is that he’s a competitive guy. I like that. With the skill players, I just love that fact that those guys love to compete.”

Shonn Greene and the backfield — “I’ve been really, really impressed with Shonn. First of all from the mental standpoint, this guy’s excellent. He sees the field really well, he’s got a good understanding of what’s going on at that position. … Those guys have so many things to think about in terms of protections, the different run keys and so on. He’s working hard this offseason and I’m excited about what’s going on. We have a good group of young players. Joe McKnight I’m excited about, Bilal Powell, and John Conner, having a fullback go in and block you. This is an exciting group of players to work with.”

Wayne Hunter and the right tackle spot — “We obviously have a long time to go here before we get to opening day. Rex might’ve mentioned this before as well, but when I was in Miami, Wayne was coming up prior to the Jets re-signing him. We thought an awful lot about him and we wanted to bring him down there at that time. I had some history with him, I know his college line coach really well, I know what he’s thought of Wayne. Wayne has been tremendous here right now with us. So I’m excited about it, all those guys up front. It’s a good group with some good players up there and some good young players coming through as well.”

Sparano was also asked what he’s thought so far of working with Rex in the same complex rather than working against him on opposite sidelines.

“Honestly, it’s been tremendous,” he said. “I can’t thank Rex and Mike and Mr. Johnson for giving me this opportunity here. But getting a chance to work with him every day now, being around him every day — it’s contagious. … The way he coaches, Rex Coaches with a passion. He cares about his players, he wants to win so bad. You just want to be around people like that. For me, I wanted to be on a team where winning is the priority and there’s lot of passion and enthusiasm. That’s what I have here right now. So I love it. Rex has been great for me and I just want to be able to return the favor.”

There’s not a lot of controversy here, but there’s a sense that “No-Nonsense” Sparano has rolled up his sleeves and has gotten to work. He’s not going to tell you everything that’s going on, but we know he’s focused on the future, not the past. And his work will soon be on display, at the rookie and full-squad minicamps and for all to see in Cortland beginning in less than three months.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Randy Lange, Uncategorized | 147 Comments »

147 Responses to “Tony’s O: ‘I’m Excited About the Possibilities’”

1. By ron alexander on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Nice to see Tony fitting in so well. If he can get these guys on the same page we should at least be back in the playoffs. i did notice he never mentioned Chaz Schillens though? Is he still in the mix?

2. By Randy Lange on May 3, 2012 | Reply

ron, that’s true, Tony did not mention Chaz Schilens during his conference call. It was an oversight and we’ll catch up with Tony at some point when we talk to Schilens for a story in the next week or two.

3. By Jason on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Cmon really. I know Wayne is probably a good guy and all but he is NOT the answer at RT. If you’re so familiar with him then you know that he is a good backup. Thats all. We need someone who can dominate, not just fill the spot. According to Rotoworld, Wayne Hunter gave up 8.5 sacks and 11 penalties, along with 32 QB hits (no wonder why Sanchez was a scared puppy). What makes you think that wont happen again? I mean it might get better, but not THAT much better. I miss the days when the Jets had the best Oline in the NFL…

4. By Artie K on May 3, 2012 | Reply

So happy to hear Tony S. mention Greg McIlroy, backup QB. This kid is a keeper and could be Tom Brady like, just sitting waiting for his chance when the games really can’t. Never thought we needed another backup QB with this kid on the roster. Seems like he’s in Tony’s plans which is a good thing.

5. By robertpapalia on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Like what I see so far from Tony Sparano. But as far as Wayne Hunter goes that is a non starter. No way that is happening. Not if you want to see Mark Sanchez make it through the season. Hopefully a solution will be found before the season begins.

6. By joe on May 3, 2012 | Reply

APPARENTLY the MIAMI DOLPHINS didnt listen TOO WELL TO WHAT TONY was saying because last time i checked he got FIRED DOWN THERE for doing a POOR JOB.In the JET FANTASYLAND of being the greatest 500 team in NFL HISTORY he fits right in

7. By Eli Rodriguez on May 3, 2012 | Reply

T.S. sounds genuine, I wish him and the Jets O much success. -M.S. , Artie K I agree with you-HOPE they keep McElroy. 2013 Starter.

8. By scjoe on May 3, 2012 | Reply

Kleckofan, from a previous post, just to expand for a minute on your Seau story. What it does, for me anyway, is it puts the whole subject of pro football into perspective. We come on here each day and talk about the draft, free agency, who should stay and who should go, who we like and who we don’t. But at the end of the day these players are basically putting their future on the line with any given play, if not their life. THEN, we listen to stories like the one coming out of New Orleans. I have watched the game, and the violence, progress over the past 50 years and often wonder where it is headed. RIP JS

9. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on May 3, 2012 | Reply

The thing that hits you right away about this interview is how much Sparano sounds like a real OC and how little he sounds like Schotty.

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on May 3, 2012 | Reply

uncle joe, I think you and me can agree on this one. So we signed Hill for $5 mil for 4 yrs, with $2.9 guaranteed. First of all, that doesn’t sound to me like the kind deal you give to someone you want to just block much less ride the pine in back of Schilens. Second, the speed with which we’ve signed him is amazing, only one other player has signed since the draft. I do agree that we coulda done without spending another mil on Schilens and of course on wasting a mil on Stanton. But the most important thing is this is the Jets’ response to my complaints about not going after D or V Jackson, Lloyd, etc. They wanted to get younger and faster at the position by way of a draft pick, not a vet — and not too many vets are running a 4.28!

11. By IRA on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I think Spaprano is going to fit in fine here and get the most out of his players. I just keep thinking of what he did with Chad in 08 and how that was a good solid offense and they won. I think he will look at Kerley and maybe use him in a D. Bess type of role.
    You can’t take anything out of this weekends rookie camp except maybe they sign a few players they invited to tryout to bring to camp.
    Why isn’t Drew Coleman signed yet? This should’ve been done already before he signs with the Pats!

12. By Tom Spicer on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Jets OC Tony Sparano was noncommittal Thursday when asked about his team’s starting right tackle.
    Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum has mostly backed Wayne Hunter, but Sparano is smartly keeping his options open. Hunter was one of the worst starting linemen in football last season. In-house alternatives to Hunter include Austin Howard, Dennis Landolt, and former second-round bust Vladimir Ducasse

13. By steven on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Any chance the Jets are cosidering Drayton Florence since the Bills released him? He is 6’0 and runs a 4.3 forty.

14. By Tom Spicer on May 4, 2012 | Reply

The thing I like about Tony Sparano is he is going to take no bull. He is a fiery guy & if these guys are not getting after it he is going to rip them. I like that. I actually think Rex can learn something from Tony STOP being friends with these guys & over hypeing them by telling everyone of them that they are the best. Anyway back to Tony he called plays for the Cowboys & was a o line coach for them I think he will do well.

15. By kleckofan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

“tone provided with his Connecticut lilt (accent)” what are you talking about?, being from CT I know that we speak the King’s English, no accent, though the folks out here in the Northwest often say something about an accent.
    Fuhgetaboutit!

16. By scjoe on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Ira, never mind about Drew Coleman being signed yet, why isn’t Carey or McKenzie OR another RT signed yet to be in here with the rest of the offense and get into the offensive play book? I mean, if you are going to address that position, do it now! After witnessing what we did last season it simply baffles me why there isn’t a starting RT candidate in camp.

17. By GaryC on May 4, 2012 | Reply

drew coleman,all 5’9 of him,sorry It isn’t life or death if we don’t bring him back,I will look at this rookie crop and some of the undrafted free agents for help, I am one who says you can only drink from the well once,that is why I don’t believe in bringing back edwards or coleman,guys are never as good the second time around.

18. By jetsfan80 on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Good interview. The thing I like most about Sparano is his respect for the players and his expectation of their respect for the coaching staff and their decisions. He will bring one thing to Jets players that has been lacking for a long while…..discipline. I expect to see much fewer offensive penalties and less bickering on the field and in the locker room. Great job by the front office and Hill’s agents on getting the deal done so quickly. Now about that right tackle position……..

19. By kw65fan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Like i said many posts ago…I hope he (tony) keeps an open mind with the QB’s and has competition all around. I knew his comments on McElroy as being smart…very smart will transcend onto the practice field and he will see what kind of QB he is. I like his no nonsense approach and the only player i can see being rubbed the wrong way would be Holmes. Well, he would just have to get over it…Schotty is gone and the party is over…time to play and shut up.

20. By 40 year fan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I think Sparano is a tremendous step up from what we had before . Don’t forget that Parcells picked him out .. There is no better endorsement than that …

21. By 40 year fan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

I like the seriousness of the tone , we have had alot of nonsense , now it’s time to get to work ….

22. By Karan on May 4, 2012 | Reply

It’ll be so upsetting if Drew Coleman is signed by the Patriots. Belichick always feeding on Jet leftovers. We should have never let him walk away in the first place, always liked him, hopefully he’ll return even though I have my doubts. And yess, please go re-up this O-line now, go sign Vernon Carey, Kareem McKenzie, Max Starks, someone!!

23. By davetharave on May 4, 2012 | Reply

My God, do some of you actually listen to the things you say ? You’re not fans, why are you wasting your time here ?

24. By joe on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Lol HE REALLY did a fantastic job down there in MIAMI with PENNINGTON BY the way JUST HOW MANY SUPER BOWL VICTORYS DID THEY achieve.The last time i checked thats the only thing that matters in league..Coaches NEVER GET FIRED FOR WINNING TOO MANY GAMES.Jet fans are celebrating because we just picked up a coach that got fired because he lost too many games (KIND OF LIKE GOING TO A DENTIST WITH NO TEETH IN HIS MOUTH )

25. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Why are you wasting your time with posts that don’t say anything at all, davetharave?

26. By danny on May 4, 2012 | Reply

Joe u say the same stuff every week and every post. BTW Belechick ur favorite lost in Cleveland and got fired so just because Sparano lost in Miami as a HC with 0 talent don’t mean he won’t be a excellent OC. Some guys aint cut out to be Head Coaches but are great coordinators. I mean cmonn ur moms second cousin won 3 Superbowls as D coordinater rite ??? haha What was his name Joe ????? hahahahaha enough with the negativity and bashing this is a NY Jets fans site. I don’t even think 64 can listen to ur jibba jabber anymore LOL Ohh and I’m sure a guy u know coached with Belicheck when he got fired in Cleveland rite ??? haha

27. By john ski on May 5, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know about you guys but I’m intrigued by us signing Antonio Allen at safety and GJ Kinne at QB. Allen is a huge body and I bet he’ll get playing time, especially when Ryan realizes Josh Bush was a bad pick just from a pure size point of view. And when the smoke clears from whatever happens regarding our QB’s in the next 2 years, Rex and Tanny are gonna find out they have something great in Kinne. McElroy gets cut at the end of camp, that starts the process…. Fun, Fun, Fun.

28. By Tom Spicer on May 5, 2012 | Reply

Danny, That is right some guys are just meant to be coordinators for example Norv Turner has not been the greatest head coach but he is a hall of fame offensive coordinator.

29. By danny on May 5, 2012 | Reply

Exactly Spicer so let’s give Sparano a chance because he may very well be a great OC. Bill Parcells really liked this guy and we all know Bill knows his football. I think he is gonna be a huge upgrade over Shotty I mean HUGE upgrade

30. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on May 5, 2012 | Reply

danny, I think joe serves a valuable purpose in keeping some of the more delusional Jet fans in touch with some of the most basic realities about elite QBs, elite teams, and elite organizations. I suspect I’m just a bit more optimistic about who we drafted and otherwise picked up this yr. And I have no problem staying optimistic about those players if Mr T, Rex, Sparano, Sanchez, or Tebow prove not to be the right guys. Which is to say I got NO PROBLEM watching McElroy strengthen his arm and be the one to throw the 90-yd TDs to Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller, White, etc. (Sorry, scjoe, I don’t quite see Schilens getting in on those kinds of plays as soon as these other guys. First he’s gotta stay on the field.)

31. By joe on May 5, 2012 | Reply

Guys SPECIFICAlY DANNY was invited by me to come to an NFL alumni dinner involving my business and a few other GIANTS FRON THE 2000 SUPER BOWL TEAM AT THE DRAFT. He was simply too intimidated to come.Danny as far as my moms cousin being the ex dcord of the REDSKINS ARE YOU WILLING TO B aCK UP YOUR TALK THAT HES NOT.Danny how about backing up your beliefs that the current HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI (FLA ) AND I WERE NOT best buddys and ROOMATES .Man up DANNY this is a public forum .I can easy prove what iam posted is true.

32. By Jimmer on May 6, 2012 | Reply

What happens if Sparano thinks McElroy is the best QB we have? For some reason, I think he’s still on the bench.

33. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Danny THIS IS THE NFL NOT SOME LOWER TIER HS.A coach or cord is MEANINGLESS at this level if he doesnt have the players (THERES NO QB HERE END OF STORY )NE CHANGES OC EVERY 2YEARS UP THERE is there EVER A DIFFERENCE.Mike Shnahon is regarded as an OFFEN GURU.In WASH his teams STINK .He cant get Grossman to play like ELWAY so HE GIVES UP EVERYTHING TO DRAFT A QB. .Mike Martz is KNOWN AS A fantastic OC WITHOUT KURT WARNER his team were average at best

34. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Danny you mentioned PARCELLS and as usual YOU USED THE REFERENCE INCOMPLETELY AND INCORRECTLY.Parcells WILL NOT COOK THE FOOD IF HE CANT SHOP FOR THE GROCERYS. Here in NY TODAY we have COACH and OC thats saying we NEED TO GROUND and POUND.In other words (WE DONT HAVE A QB THAT CAN THROW WITHOUT CREATING TURNOVERS SO WE MUST RUN )Jet fans living in A DELLUSIONAL FANTASYlAND TRUELY BELIEVE THAT HES A RUN COACH AND THATS HIS PRINCIPLE.That run first coach TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET PAYTON HERE =WHY

35. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Danny (I KNOW THIS IS SLIGHTLY OVER YOUR HEAD,)but what PARCELLS was SAYING IN THE GROCERY THING was I CANT COACH A PLAYER IF THAT PLAYER DOESNT HAVE THE ABILITY.If they want me to coach him I WANT TO BE IN CHARGE OF DRAFTING HIM SHANOHAN, MARX ECT at OC Tomlin, Bellichick at HC. NONE OF THEM COULD POSSIBLY take this team to a SB WE DONT REMOTELY HAVE THE PLAYERS IN PARTICULAR A QB .Its ALL MEANINGLESS WITHOUT THE QB

36. By danny on May 6, 2012 | Reply

So Joe did Sparano have the players to suceed in Maimi ??? No he didn’t so you contradict urself and all you do is talk about our past bad drafts and rip every player and coach we have. You are not a NY Jets fan like the rest of us because even the guys not happy about our past are still postive about certian players and this yr coming up. All you do is repeat yourself with negativity and talk about who u know. Joe no cares who u know especially by the way u talk them guys never taught u the game of football because u don’t know. Your not a Jets fan so stay off our site with all ur negative comments. Ohh btw I aint scared to meet who u know I just don’t care who u know and I know by ur comments u don’t know the game of football

37. By scjoe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Danny, can’t argue with Joe’s logic in those last two posts. You have to ask yourself, did the NY Jets trade up to #6 and give up 2 draft picks in the process to select a “game manager?” I don’t think so.

38. By danny on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Don’t say we can’t win a SB without a elite QB Joe because it’s been done many times in the NFL and if shotty didn’t blow it on the goaline vs Pitt AFC championship game 1st and 10 with 3 passes then a run to LT on 4th down for no pts we were going to the SB with our young QB Mark Sanchez. Also you can’t say MS has no chance to become a good QB cause he is ahead of where Eli Manning was after yr 3 which everyone wanted Eli gone and bang he wins a SB yr 4 with a new OC. It takes some guys longer to develop which u wouldn’t understand because your a media junkie but don’t know the game of football itself. By Jets Haterrrrrr

39. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

DANNY YOUR NEW HERE PAL not me LET ME REMIND YOU WE ARE A 500 TEAM THAT DID NOT I REPEAT DID NOT BEAT A TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD ALL YEAR .This is pro football (not some high school with volunteer coaches )the JETS are payed millions of dollars a year to do NOTHING BUT WIN THE SB THATS IT Danny why dont YOU CALL THE NFL NETWORK AND TELL THEM TO STOP PRODUCING TV SHOWS WHICH ALWAYS GET AROUND TO POKING FUN AT THE FUTILITY OF THIS ORGANIZATION FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS .

40. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Sc JOE great points some of the ROCKET SCIENTISTS on this forum TRUELY BELIEVE REX wants to run the football because thats the type of football he believes in .They also THINK (OPERATIVE TERM )THAT changing a cord at the PRO LEVEL is going to make dramatic difference on a team WITH SUBSTANDARD TALENT AT THE SKILL POSITION.Rex wants to run the football because it gives him the best chance to win with our qb situaton.HES NEVER GOING TO COME OUT AND SAY HE WASTED A PICK ON SANCHEZ .Lol he doesnt have too HIS ACTIONS (BY TRYING TO GET MANNING )AND OFFENCIVE PHILOSOPHY SAYS IT FOR HIM.

41. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Danny YOUR TRYING TO EQUAUTE A HIGH SCHOOL COACHES MENTALITY -PHILOSOPHY TO A BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS WHOS SUCCESS IS TOTALLY PREDICATED UPON WINNING THE SUPERBOWL.Iam not RIPPING A BUNCH OF HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS and volunteer COACHES that play for the LOVE OF THE SPORT IAM RIPPING an entire BILLION DOLLAR PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION THATS FAILING TO DO THEIR JOB If THEY CANT TAKE THE CRITCISM FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOBS THEY SHOULD NOT BE TAKING THEIR MILLION DOLLAR PAYCHECKS

42. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

DANNY other THAN THE 2000 RAVENS and a few of the WASH RED TEAMS give me the list of ALL OF THE SB WINNING TEAMS WITHOUT AN ELITE QB. Danny SOMETHING LIKE 90% OF all SB WINNING TEAMS HAVE HOF QBS STARR NAMATH UNITAS GRIESE BRADSHAW MONTANA YOUNG AIKMAN ,P MANNING ROTHESBURGER BRADY ROGERS WARNER BREES E MANNING

43. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

cont STABLER,PLUNKETT .Off the top of my head thats 33 sb winners whose teams qb WAS A PRO BOWLER NFL MVP AND OR HOF DURING THEIR CAREER Today with ALL THE NEW RULES DEDICATED TO INCREASED SCORING HAVING A TOP LEVEL QB IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER

44. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

FORGOT TO ADD STAUBACH AND THEISMAN TO THE LIST thats approx 36 SUPER BOWL WINNING TEAMS whose QB was a pro bowler,NFL MVP and or HOF during their career

45. By joe on May 6, 2012 | Reply

FORGOT to add PHIL SIMMS IN 86 thats 37 .The only teams that have re won SB without an all pro qb are REDKINS (Rippen Williams )Bears (Mcmahon )Ravens (DILLFER ).Tb 2001 (?)THE RAVENS BEARS BUCS boasted DEFENCES that were top 10 in NFL HISTORY The rule changes today MAKE PLAYING DEFENCES LIKE THAT VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE NOW SO THATS OUT THE WINDOW NOW

46. By CGB on May 6, 2012 | Reply

sparano is a breath of fresh air for this organization. After the way last season ended,the jets make the right move and hire exactly what they need. Sparano, is who he sais he is.No-nonsense.All players will have to be on board, if not the rest of your players will make life hell for you.Better leaders, more acountability better results at the end of the day.

47. By CGB on May 6, 2012 | Reply

being ablle to run the football and control the line of scrimage not only puts more control in your hands for a positive outcome, it also allows you to throw the ball more effectively. watch the jets have one of the better balanced offensive attacks this year. Just enough wild-cat to make this work.

48. By danny on May 6, 2012 | Reply

Well Joe way more ppl on this site are excited Jets fans about our draft, Sparano and this season about to come. Your one of a few negative fans still yapping about the past man. No one wants to hear it anymore and like I said and CGB just said running the ball will open up the play action pass which is Sanchez strength. Yes the NFL is a multi billion dollar business but when it comes down to Sunday it’s still a football game Joe and that is one you never experienced or coached so just knowing guys that have don’t mean u no a single thing about the game and the players. Us real fans are rooting and hoping MS steps up this yr andSparano is succesful not like you who wants him and our staff to fail. You are not a Jets fan my dude

49. By Tom Spicer on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Danny, I am going to correct you on something & it will make Schotty look even worse it was late in the 4th quarter I think 7 mins left. It was 1st & goal from the 2 & 2nd & goal from the 1. Also the year before that we had a 17 point lead with 2 minutes to go in the 1st half of the AFC championship game & the D blew it. If you get the right guys around Mark you can win it all NO DOUBT!

50. By ron alexander on May 7, 2012 | Reply

yeah,yeah,yeah,—yeah! Like Danny said Joe, None of that crap matters! Whats done is done. Lets move forward and hope we learn from our mistakes. I’m sure you really are a great Jet fan who is very frustrated by what happaned last year as well as the two prevous A.F.C. championship games. But Danny is right, time to move forward, learn from the past and implement new stratagies to avoid repeating the same mistakes. This draft is a good start. At least three players from this draft will be major contributors this year.And with a little luck the other five will help on special teams. Dont forget the free agents we signed and hopefully we get some improvement from the guys coming back. Hey, we gotta be excited cause the season is coming!

51. By joe on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Danny you could not dream about PLAYING on the last team i started for THATS A FACT THATGO PROVEN BECAUSE YOU WERE SIMPLY TOO INTIMIDATED TO COME INTO THE CITY FOR DINNER AFTER THE NFL ALUMNI MEETING 2 WEEKS A

52. By joe on May 7, 2012 | Reply

RON,CJB THERE IS NO HOPE (ITS A PURE FANTASY )PREDICATED UPON THE FACT THERE IS NO ELITE QB HERE .Believing bringing Tony Sparano in here is going to SANCHEZ-TEBOW the ability to QB A TEAM LIKE A TOM BRADY OR AARON ROGERS is BEYOND DELUSIONAL. We have NOT LEARNED A THING =(THEY JUST BROUGHT TEBOW IN HERE LAST MONTH LOL.) GUYS LOOK AT HOW EVERY WINNING ORGANIZATION BUILDS A SB WINNER ITS ENTIRELY PREDICATED UPON BUILDING AROUND A FRANCHISE QB .WE are NOTHING but a 49ers=team with less talent .They went 15-1 and realized they couldnt win without an ELITE QB We were 500 AND DIDNT BEAT A WINNINGB TEAM ALL YEAR BUT BY CHANGING OCS ITS GOING TO MAKE US A SB TEAM too funny and BEYOND IGNORANT

53. By ron alexander on May 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey look dude, I grant you Sanchez was less than franchise like last year with the t.o’s. But at least 50% of the problem was the o-line. I dont think Rogers or Brady would have been in the pro-bowl with our line play last year. Shonne Green had to make a great run just to get back to the line of scrimmage half the time. Who knows? mabey you are right about all this? All i know is there is gonna be a 2013 season and I want to see us back in the hunt. after all the losing seasons I can live with another AFC championship game appearence and who knows, mabey we get over the hump this time? Later dude.

54. By joe on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Ron LISTEN PLEASE 20 plus budddys of mine PLAYED IN THE NFL (MANY WERE TOP LEVEL DRAFT CHOICES)and or COACH TOP 20 COLLEGE LEVEL FOOTBALL FACTORYS. From them ALL I HAVE LEARNED ONE THANG that is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO COACH CAN GIVE A PLAYER ABILITTY HE DOESNT HAVE PART AT THE QB POSITION(ITS A SHEER FANS FANTASY TO THINK OTHERWISE )Bill Cowher HAS MADE IT CLEAR HE WILL NOT RETURN TO COACHING UNLESS HES THOROUGHLY CONVINCED A TEAM HAS AN ELITE QB IN PLACE because you cant win the SB WITHOUT ONE

55. By joe on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Cont RON the NFL is not some HIGH SCHOOL where a coach is getting his first look at a 15 year old kid Alot of guys in the league have 20 plus years of organized football experiance .To think Tony Sparano is going to come in here with a new offence in a few months time give the JETS the ability to score 30 points a game WITH THE SAME PERSONAL IS BEYOND ABSURD Tom BRADY switches Coaches- Cord every 2 years EVER NOTICE A DIFFERENCE

56. By joe on May 8, 2012 | Reply

Not for anything BUT I HAVE ASKED SOME OF THE DELLUSIONAL JET FANS LIVING IN A FANTASYLAND OF SB VICTORYS TO COME THE FOLLOWING QUESTION NUMERIOUS TIMES WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A SINGLE ANSWER. If REX truely believed SANCHEZ was cabable of leading this team to a SB VICTORY WHY WOULD THE NY JETS CHASE PAYTON MANNING TO COME HERE and RUN THE GROUND AND POUND OFFENCE.(LOL THEY OFFERED 90 PLUS MILLION DOLLARS TO A 38 YEAR OLD COMING OFF 2 MAJOR NECK SURGERYS TO HAND THE BALL OFF TO S GREENE )Come on guys ENOUGH WITH THE NONSENCE

57. By danny on May 8, 2012 | Reply

You said it perfect Ron cause Tom Brady always crumbles under pressure. Both SB’s the Giants pressured him and he did squat. Most of the season he stands in the pocket tapping the ball and picks apart Defenses. If he was our QB last yr with a dinged up Mangold and Wayne Hunter at RT he wouldn’t have had a Pro Bowl season at all. WE had issues on our O line and we had 2 horrible safetys last season. Mangold and Brandon Moore are healthy and we picked up LaRon Landry who has great speed and range plus hits like a mack truck and drafted 2 more safeties. Yes we need a RT still but we got Cumberland back and we drafted at Big Fast WR along with a bruiser RB Ganoway who I love. No more Shotty so fresh new OC, Lets goooo

58. By ron alexander on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Joe, I’m really happy for you that you have so much inside info and all those great sources to go to to help form your opinions. As for me, well I played college football as a q.b. and later as a reviever. No I wasn’t a star but I was around a lot of people who went on to play in the N.F.L. I also have coached at the high school level so I do know a little about the game.I know the Jets are still weak at safty, and the pass rush and right tackle posisition need to be upgraded. But based on 4 road playoff wins in his first 2 pro seasons I think Sanchez deserves a chance to show that he is a superbowl Q.B. He has a good recieving corp and I believe they will fix the r.tackle posisition so I’m willing to take my chances with him. We shall see?

59. By ron alexander on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Hey Joe, bye the way, I dont think I’ve ever heard anyone refer to the following group of players as “franchise quarterbacks”
    David Woodly( Dolphins 83,) Doug Williams (Washtn 88,) Jeff Hostetler (Giants) 01, Trent Dilfer(Ravens) vs.Kerry Collins(Giants 01), Brad Johnson Tampa)vs. Rich Gannon(oak 03), Jake Delhomme (Carolina 04)?, Matt Hasselbeck (Seattle 06)? Come on dude, most of these guys were journeymen, career back-ups or one year wonders. None of these guys are going to canton unless they buy a ticket.

60. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Ron and how would you like SANCHEZ TO SHOW HIS STUFF AS HES NOW SPLITTING TIME WITH TEBOW.You were around various NFL GUYS give them a call and ask them HOW A TEAM PRACTICES AND PREPARES 2 DIFFERENT QBS THAT RUN 2 ENTIRELY DIFFERENT OFFENCES FOR AN UPCOMING GAME.

61. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Lets REVIEW SPECIFICS SO EVETYONE CAN DETERMINE HOW, TOM BRADY CRUMBLES UNDER PRESSURE 7x PRO BOWLS, 3SB WINS,2X SB MVP 5X AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS,2X NFL MVP 2000 NFL ALL DECADE TEAM 1X NFL COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR,2011 VOTED NUMBER 1 PLAYER IN THE NFL TOP 100 COUNTDOWN,SURE FIRE FIRST TEAM HALL OF FAMER.He(BRADY ) definaly CRUMBLES UNDER PRESSURE

62. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

BRADY 5 SB in 12 seasons (1 YEAR HURT )and DANNY IS CLAIMING HE CRUMBLES UNDER PRESSURE. If that DONT TELL ALL ABOUT DANNYS FOOTBALL IQ NOTHING DOES.

63. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

RON, WOODLEY ,DELOME ,Gannon, Hasselback DIDNT WIN THE SB THEY LOST TO TEAMS IN MOST PART QB BY PRO BOWLERS LIKE MONTANA ROTHESBURGER. Dilfer AND BRAD JOHNSON had the benefit of playing behind 2 of the greatest Nfl defences ever DUE TO THE RULES CHANGES TODAY YOU CANT PLAY D LIKE THAT ANYMORE Your bringing up game manager qb that LOST THE only sb they played in .NOBODY CARS ABOUT THE SB LOSER RON ONLY THE WINNER.

64. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

STARR 2 NAMATH 1 UNITAS 1 STAUBACK 2 BRADY 3 MONTANA 3 YOUNG 1 BRADSHAW 4 SIMMS 1 AIKKMAN 3 STABLER 1 ROTHESBURGER 2 BREES 1 ROGERS 1 FARVE 1MANNING BROS 3 ELWAY 2 THESIMAN 1 DO THE MATH RON ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU Every qb on the ABOVE SB WINNERS LIST was at EITH A PRO BOWLER,NFL MVP AND OR IS IN THE HALL OF FAME AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER IN HIS CAREER

65. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

ps RON TRENT DILFER ALSO MADE THE PRO BOWL in 1997 with the BUCs

66. By joe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Ron ALSO could you please EXPLAIN TO ALL OF US REALISTS THE EXACT REASON THE NY JETS TRIED TO GET PAYTON MANNING TO COME HERE BY WAIVING 80-90 MILLION DOLLARS IN HIS FACE.Ron we have a QB WHO YOU CLAIM IS CAPABLE AND COMPETANT TO WIN THE SB.Also we run a GROUND AND POUND OFFENCE INTERESTING THAT REX AND MIKE T WOULD WANT TO GIVE PAYTON 80-90 MILLION TO HAND THE BALL OFF TO S GREENE.

67. By ron alexander on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Once again Joe you are basing your opinion on past accomplishments which are impressive but have nothing to do with today. One of my contacts is very high up in the Giants organization and he predicted their win in the superbowl (07-08 season) as they did in fact see fear in Brady’s face during the beating he took in the Pats regular season victory over the Giants.Of course they beat him up again in the Superbowl that year and i dont think he was all that happy about playing them again this year. I have to go with danny on this one dude!

68. By scjoe on May 9, 2012 | Reply

ron alexander, like you, I also played the sport and coached the sport, and like you, I think I know a little about the sport. That said, tell me what you see in Mark Sanchez that leads you to believe that Joe’s opinion, and many others as well I might add are wrong about him? You can’t attribute it to those two lost championship games because they were much more a team effort getting there then anything Sanchez did. Although stats don’t tell the whole story, his are average at best! But the intangibles are what worry me, the pocket presence, reading defenses, and the situational awareness to name a few.

69. By ron alexander on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Danny, lets not waste to much time trying to save Joe from “the dark side”! he seems intent on be on being our Deacon of Doom so lets move on to more relavent issues. I agree 100% with you that out safty’s stunk the past few years. Smith is just too slow and not athletic enough to be effective. Leonard has a big heart but is too small to deal with the Gronkowski’s in the game today. I dont want to sound like Joe but dont get to excited about Landry cause he’s always hurt and not really know for his coverage ability.We have to hope the rookies come through(which is a lot to ask of 6th and 7th round guys) the r.tackle is still a problem and I’m still concerned about the pass rush.

70. By danny on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Joe u just can’t understand football talk. What I said was Tom Brady has a great O line and stands in the pocket all day and picks teams apart, He has shown under pressure in his 2 SB losses to the Giants and when we beat the Pats up in 2010 on the turf that he struggles like any other QB and MS last yr. If he was on our team he would have struggles last yr too. You don;t understand what pressure means here it means pass rush my dude football talk which u don’t know. Also MS is not splitting QB with Tebow have u read anything Sparano and Rex been saying. He will be our Brad Smith now and also some Fullback ” by conner”. You show with ur posts u don’t know the game and now Ron is proving it too.

71. By danny on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Ron played and coached HS football as I did too along with 64 so we understand the game unlike urself and it shows Joe. I never said Tom Brady isn’t one of the best ever I said under pressure he struggles like any QB and would have struggled last season on our team. Your just thick headed and think you know it all but u really don’t know much and it shows. Keep putting up stats u read online and tell us who u know that don’t mean u understand the game of football. Joe Montana would have had a tough time with our line last yr. Tom Brady has struggled with a heavy pass rush and that is fact and he does have a great O line who gives him all day to throw most of time, Now I don;t gotta look up anything online to tell u that Joe

72. By danny on May 9, 2012 | Reply

Joe thinks he knows so much that he knows how the Jets will run there practice and thinks MS and Tebow will split practice reps hahaha Joe reality bro Sanchez is our number 1 QB and will take 90 percent of practice snaps while Tebow Just like Brad Smith will have his package and he will line up as a fullback, RB, and H back. Tebow is a playmaker / football player and will not split reps with MS u know it all and no one knows exactly what there gonna do so stop with ur so called facts of what they will do. Heck u never even been thru a football practice in ur life dude. Never question my football IQ either because as I said before u have 0 credentials, Knowing ppl don’t mean u know the game. What i forgot u never learned, u have no idea

73. By ron alexander on May 10, 2012 | Reply

O.K, sc joe, thats a fair question. What I see in Sanchez is a very athletic(in comparison to many q.b’s including mr. brady and mr. manning.) The guy has plenty of arm strength, moves well in the pocket or on the move and he is plenty tough enough when he gets hit.Hey, the guy only played 16 college games so he has a lot to learn. But he did get the Jets to places a lot of other q/b’s could’nt. I just would like to see him play with an o-line that can protest him and some recievers who can seperate and catch the ball.
    At this point we really dont have any other choice so lets just see what he can do.

74. By ron alexander on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Joe, Dilfer makeing the pro bowl one year hardly qualifies him as a “franchise quarterback”! Besides, he only made it as an alternate as one of the Q.B’s chosen could not play. really, would you want Dilfer to q.b. your team? come on Joe, get real!!!!

75. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe u said due to our team effort we made it to 2 championships and u are absolutely correct. Last season due to our team effort including MS we had a bad season but as long as we have the team effort and MS steps up his game like most young QB’s do in yr 4 we have a shot this yr. We had a nice draft and added speed to our team. If we imporove our whole team not just MS this yr we have a chance to have a great yr. MS don’t have to be Montana he can be a solid QB and if our running game improves and our D improves we will be a tough team to beat. Joe says due to rule changes Defense can’t dominate a game ???? I’m just gonna take that as Joe don;t understand football. The Steelers won plenty of games with D and Giants D won them 2 SB’s

76. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Joe also ur in the minority as this so called REALIST. Most guys on here are Jets fans and excited about the season coming up not living in the past and bashing everything about our team this coming yr with Joe facts not real Football facts. We all know MS needs to step up this yr but he has done some good things in the past in the playoffs and 4th Q so as a young 4th yr player we wanna see how he develops this yr before saying the kid can be a good NFL QB. He don’t need to be top 5 for us to win a SB especially with our Defense. Btw having a good running game keeps guys like Brady off the field which we done in the past beating Mr. Brady on his home field. We beat him with our D and running game

77. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

DANNY THEN WHY DID REX AND MIKE T find it necessary to TRY (THEY FAILED AS USUAL )TO BRING PAYTON IN HERE Danny the organization itself KNOWS OF SANCHEZS LIMITATIONS THEY TRIED TO GET PAYTON IN HERE

78. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Danny as far as the WILDCAT were goingb to run with TEBOW BUT NOT PRACTICE (lol,lol,lol )Francessa DEVOTED AN ENTIRE SHOW TO IT Two years ago THE BRAD SMITH WILDCAT PRODUCED EXACTLY 13 FIRST DOWNS AND 3TD THE ENTIRE YEAR

79. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

PS Ron IF YOU FIND OUT WHO EDDIE (equipt manager )IS IN THE LOCKER ROOM tell him i need to talk to his BROTHER IN LAW JOHN M Ron dont forget to let me know WHO EXACTLTY you know in that organization

80. By ron alexander on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Not that it makes any difference but the Giants director of pro-player personell is a friend of mine who coached football in Dutchess county before becoming a scout for the Bills and later the Bronco’s. i dont thin name dropping is a good idea but you can look him up in the Giants front office info.

81. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Danny i almost FORGOT werent you QUESTIONING THE CLAIM THAT I MADE THAT NY MOMS COUSIN WAS THE DCORD on the REDSKINS SB TEAMS .Danny for some strange reason YOU BACKED DOWN ON THIS ISSUE WHEN I OFFERED TO PROVE IT.You also backed down on the ISSUE as to my relationship with a CERTAIN HEAD FOOTBALL COACH OF A TEAM CALLED THE U .As far as TIM AND EDDIE (who run the LOCKER ROOM AND EQUIPTMENT for THE GIANTS) you willing to put up on them to DANNY .lol I JUST PULLED THER NAMES OUT OF THE AIR

82. By scjoe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Danny/Ron, first and foremost I want to let you know, and I “think” I can speak for Joe as well when I say this, it is not solely an issue of negativity we are looking at, there are a certain amount of facts and a certain amount of dysfunction you have to take into account when we discuss the state of the NY Jets. One is their recent track record in the draft. Another is how the B/U QB situation was addressed. Another is how adamant they were on running a “ground and pound” offense, THEN, going out and drafting a WR early and NEVER addressing the O line. Personally, I would like to be positive, but sometimes this organization makes that difficult.

83. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

DANNY DEFENCE wins SB IN THE NFL TODAY REALLY.Well the NY GIANTS (WHO WON THE SB )HAD THE 16 ranked D in football last season The PATS who finished 2nd had the 27 ranked D. lAST YEAR THE STEELER AND THE NUMBER 1 D LOST TO PACKERS WITH THE NUMBER 1 O DANNY YOUR TALKING HIGH SCHOOL – is the BIG BOYS.YOU DONT NEED AN ELITE D (AS EVIDENCED BY THE GIANTS AND PACK )you need a QB THATS ELITE

84. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

RON GREAT about the GIANTS MY BUS PARTNER PLAYED FOR THEM for 5 years in the early 2000s,If you associated over there TELL TIM AND EDDIE(WHO RUN THE LOCKER ROOM ) CPS partner JOE SAID HELLO.

85. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

DANNY not that you know anything about T0P D1 FOOTBALL but theres an UNWRITTEN RULE ABOUT RECRITING KIDS AND IT GOES LIKE THIS The two people THAT A RECRUITER FROM A D1 FOOTBALL FACTORY WILL POSITIVELY NEVER EVER LISTEN TO REGARDING the PROSPECS ABILITY ARE A KIDS PARENTS AND his HIS HS COACH OR COACHES Guess why DANNY. I know your the HS YOU volunteer at when it comes to turning out top line players isnt exactly MIDDLETOWN SOUTH OR DON BOSCO but herss an easy one .Besides the SIZE AND SPEED measurables WHAT THE MOST BASIC THING A RECRUITER uses to determine whether a kid is a top line D 1 prospect.

86. By joe on May 10, 2012 | Reply

SC JOE GREAT POINTS These guys are in a FANTASYLAND WHERE THE NY JETS ARE THE GREATEST 500 TEAM OF ALL TIME.Joe i dont have to tell you everything in the NFL REVOLVES AROUND THE QB EVERYTHING.WE dont have a QB END OF STORY.The coach and management SAID THEIR SOLD ON SANCHEZ GROUND AND POUND ECT AND inturn CHASED P MANNING.(SC JOE please read thru this thread is there one time ANY OF THE DREAMERS INVOLVED OFFERED ONE EXPLINATION AS TO WHY we would chase PAYTON if the JETS THOUGHT SANCHEZ WAS CAPABLE)

87. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Joe the Giants D line won both Superbowls for them so stop cause u show u know nothing about football. You also show ur not a Jets fan listning too Francesca who hates the jets like you do. Brad Smith won games for us at Wildcats and never threw the ball. Tebow won NFL games and beat the Steelers running a read option offense and threw for 300yds on them so he can throw a nice deep ball out of the wildcat. What was Ronnie Browns stats running the wildcat with the mster Sparano ?? Joe u still don’t get it just because u know the coach from Miami don’t mean u know the game and it shows by ur posts. Also u can look up anyone online and name them on here. U never named ur 3 time SB winning D coordinator go look one up haha

88. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Both the Giants and the Pats had a horrible D all yr long. The Giants finished 9 – 7 with that horrible D and elite QB but once playoffs started there D was NASTY and that is why they won thru out playoffs and SB. Did u see what there D did to Elite Rodgers and the Packers powerful offense, Dude ur 100 percent wrong and yes great D wins in pee wee, in HS, in College and in the NFL my dude. Great Defense will take u to were u need to go and the Giants D took them there last season in the playoffs. If u try and say they didn’t then u really don’t have a clue. There D line dominated. There D held the Pats to what 17pts in the SB and completely shut down GB cmonnn mannnn get a clue bro stop listning to guys like that fool Francesca

89. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Joe anytime you can get a Peyton Manning yes Joe u try unless you have Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. The Titans have Jake Locker and hassleback to groom him and they wanted Peyton too because there is only one Peyton Manning. If Peyton had Bradys teams he would have 8 SB titles Joe so enough with the Peyton Manning garbage too. Brady went down and Cassel won 11 games in NE, well Peyton went down and Colts won 2. I’m a MS supporter and for sure i wanted Peyton if we could have gotten him.

90. By danny on May 10, 2012 | Reply

Ron I’m with you and i said this once before to Joe ” I don’t name drop on here I have respect for ppl and don’t need to prove myself to Joe from NY.Jets.com who has 0 credentials”

91. By ron alexander on May 11, 2012 | Reply

Sc Joe, well, we finally agree on somthing! I am not a big Tannenbaum fan.and I think he has done a terriable job putting this team together. Any one who follows the jets know Parcells brought him here as a salary cap guru. Obviously that does not qualify him to assemble a football team and his lack of ability was very apparent with last years team. Coming out of the strike he seemed poorly prepared and left us with no r-tackle,no safty’s, no deep recieving threat, and virtually no pass rushers. Hey i agree this team lacks play makers and has a lot of holes. I just dont think it does any body anny good to be so negative all the time. I still think we can be a contender if we play up to our agility.

92. By ron alexander on May 11, 2012 | Reply

No Joe I really dont hang around mens locker rooms unless i’m using one. i really only know the one guy and we do hang out in Albany a little before or after practice once or twice each summer.Again, not a big deal, but like I said, i’m not just a die-hard fanatic who thinks we are world beaters. I’m no expert like Mike Francesa but I do have a clue.

93. By danny on May 11, 2012 | Reply

Joe Pitt lost 2 yrs ago to the number 2 ranked D the Packers with Defensive MVP Woodson, Last season the Packers D fell apart and yet the Packers still had Rodgers but a weak D and lost in playoffs because they got shut down by the Giants D so explain to me how Defense means nothing only offes]nse ?? The Giants D line won that game and the SB actually both Superbowls vs the powerful NE offense who scored what 17pts. 2007 the Pats broke record on offense but the Giants D shut them down rattled brady and won the SB. You are 100 percent wrong cause Defense still wins championships. It’s still proven every yr. Packer offense was completely shut down against the Giants. Yr before they had great D and won the SB ” Nuff Said”

94. By joe on May 11, 2012 | Reply

DANNY WRONG WRONG WRONG TOTAL RANKING OF THE GINYS D 16 Total RANKING OF THE Pats 27 Danny what does the TERM MOST VALUABLE PLAYER MEAN LET ME EDUCATE YOU as IT WAS WON BY A QB NOT AND LINEMAN (ELI MANNING )THE GIANTS ALSO VOTED HIM THEIR TEAM MVP.

95. By joe on May 11, 2012 | Reply

DANNY MY MOMS COUSINS NAME WAS LARRY PECCATELLO google him

96. By joe on May 11, 2012 | Reply

DANNY THE TERM MVP is VOTED TO THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NFL HOW COME ITS ALMOST ALWAYS A QB YOU CLAIMED IN YOUR ABOVE POST ANYTIME A PAYTON IS AVAILABLE YOUR GOING TO TRY.WHY DANNY BECAUSE YOU CAnT WIN THE SB with GREAT D – GAME MANAGER BUT YOU SURE CAN WIN WITH A BAD D AND GREAT QB. Every time the past 10 years that has won it with a qb thats a pro bowler

97. By ron alexander on May 12, 2012 | Reply

O.k, Joe, lets say for the argument you an sc Joe are right and Sanchez is a complete failure(again,even though he got us to 2 afc championship games) So during the 09 draft the jets were able to trade up to #5 and draft Sanchez.Based on the fact that Freeman has done nothing in terms of winning and took a step back last year and Stafford is an injury waiting to happanen, what do you think the Jets should have done?Hey, they needed a Q.B, he was the best one available ,so they rolled the dice and the first rtwo years came up winners.Granrted,not the superbowl, but a heck of a lot better than they had been.

98. By danny on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Joe Reg season D rankings mean nothing in the plaYOFFS. I proved u wrong how the Giants D shut down the 2 most powerful Offenses in the NFL. Also when was the last time a D lineman won MVP ??? It just don’t happen they don’t get all the glory and if you don’t think the Giants D line won Both Superbowls for them you really don’t uinderstand the game. RB’s, QBs, WR are the ones who get alll the glory and MVP’s but it’s not always those guys for the reason of winning. The Giants D linewith JPP and Justin Tuck is why thy dominated GB and Pats in playoffs ” Nuff Said” and I’m sure Ron who has played the game and coached will agree with me 100 percent

99. By danny on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Joe you tatally proved it today with ur post about how come a lineman isn’t MVP it’s a QB. Well Joe a QB can only go as far as his O line takes him and All these top QB’s have great O lines. There coaches know they need a O line for there QB to do what he does best. You never see O lineman win MVP’s or as the Giants case in both SB’s especially 2007 there D line should have been MVP but that will never happen so you give to the glory postitions. Hhaahaha this proves it all you don’t know the game just what you read and who you reas about which is always the QB, RB or WR the glory Jobs. Yoiu ever hear the term the game is won in the trenches ??? Well this is 100 percent correct. How much more were we succesful with a top O line

100. By danny on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Joe you really think you know it all because you know some ppl but my dude you really don’t know the game itself just the glory of the game. You should take a lesson from one of the guys u know although without ever playing you truly can’t understand what it’s like being in a huddle but maybe they can help you. Football is so much more then just the Glory QB throwing a 60yd TD pass. There is so much that has to go on correct for that play to even happen and that is without the QB and WR

101. By scjoe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

ron alexander, I have always maintained that Tannenbaum is a cap guru and is not capable or competent in evaluating talent. What I am really surprised at is the fact ownership has not fully recognized that fact yet. You mentioned some of the positions that were neglected last season, especially in the b/u roll, I think you can also add center and anything resembling a b/u QB. Matter of fact I can’t remember the last time this team went into a season carrying a capable b/u QB. It may have been the Vinny/Chad tandem that was in place before Tanny took over leadership. I never considered Clemens as a viable option.

102. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY ELI MANNING was the GIANTS TEAM MOST VALUABLE PLAYER IF THE DEFENCE won it for them then WHY IS ELI THE MVP.Tom COUGHLAN HIMSELF said we WERE AN AVG D AT BEST .(YOU KNOW MORE THAN COUGHLAN NOW )ELI BROUGHT THE SB TO THEM )

103. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY you forgot to MENTION HOW TEBOW FARED THE WEEK AFTER THEY WON THE STEELER GAME (HE BEAT A TEAM MINUS 5 PRO BOWLERS HURT THAT DAY )in the NE GAME (44-10 i believe) (You also mentioned MIAMI and RON BROWN i checked the SUPER BOWL WINNERS THEY DIDNT WIN ANYTHING(LOL LOL THEY WON SO MANY GAMES WITH IT THERE COACH GOT FIRED ) .Brad Smith and the WILDCAT RESULTED IN exactly 3 td and 13 fd the entire year AND LIKE THE DOLPHINS WE ALSO NEVER WON A SB WITH IT AND THATS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IN THE NFL NOTHING ELSE

104. By danny on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Joe I want you to tell me why Peyton Manning theee best QB for the last 10yrs and maybe ever has only 1 SB win with Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Dwight Clark ?????? Well Joe the REASON is his teams had a WEAK small Defense Joe that is why and we realized with our D we could win multiple Superbowls with Payton Manning so that is why we entertained it. You want me to say Peyton is bettter then Sanchez well yes sir he is but we can still win a SB with Sanchez and I think 2009 – 2010 proved that because as a young QB he got us as close as you can get so now as a veteran if our O line is healthy and our running game improves and yes if MS improves we can def win a SB. You are WRONG Joe like always about FOOTBALL

105. By danny on May 12, 2012 | Reply

Joe the Saints won that one SB because there D was actually pretty good that season with Sharper getting picks all over the place. Did you see what SF did to that powerful offense in the playoffs last season ????? They beat them up all over the field Joe. Guys were getting knocked out of the game and they lost. SF D demolished the Saints powerful offense and if it wasn’t for a rookie mistake SF was going to the SB with that D and probably winning the SB with the best D i seen in yrs. If the Saints had a powerful D to go with that amazing offense then they will have more rings and tough to beat in the playoffs but teams like SF and the Giants love facing the Saints in the playoffs cause they have no Defense

106. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY HELLO DREW BRESS WAS THE SAINTS MVP the year they won not their defencice guys .YOU referenced the NINERS GREAT D LAST YEAR THEY LOST DANNY. NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHO LOSES ,LOL,THE NINERS JUST WAIVED 90 MILLION IN FRONT OF PAYTON DANNYINTURN IF THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD WIN AS IS THEY NEVER WOULD WANT TO PART WITH THE MONEY

107. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY how come in you posts you always REFERENCE THE TEAMS THAT LOSE ( INTURN NOBODY CARES ABOUT )BUT NEVER THE ORGANIZATIONS THAT WIN (GIANTS STEELERS,PATS )You referenced MANNINGS COLTS and criticised them for only winning 1 SB. Hello DANNY (WE HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN The past 10 years MANNING HAD THE Colts RIGHT THERE .(DIVISIONS AFC CHAMPIONSHIPS AND A SB )

108. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

rON ARE YOU THIS FORUM trying to say MARK SANCHEZ is a better player than Matt STAFFORD .Your dreaming i dont care if he prone to injurys STAFFORDS WAY BETTER A QB NOT EVEN CLOSE

109. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY you just posted the SAINTS WON THE SB ONE YEAR BECAUSE THEIR D WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD REALLY Number 13 in points allowed number 24 in yards allowed Their OFFENCE WAS OF COURSE NUMBER 1 ALL CATEGORYS Danny is there ANYTHING THAT YOU POST THATS CORRECT.In the CASE OF THE GIANTS THEIR OWN HEAD COACH SAID ELI WON THE SB FOR US not the defence ELI In your mind we can win with SANCHEZ AND YOUR MIND ONLY

110. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

STRAIGHT from the coaching staff at PENN STATE UNIVERSITY .ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY TWO PEOPLE YOU NEVER EVER LISTEN TOO WHEN EVALUATING WHETHER A KID IS TOP 50 D1 TALENT =HIS PARENTS AND HIS HIGH SCHOOL COACH and or coaches we all know why now

111. By scjoe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

ron alexander, re: that Sanchez pick, they say hind sight is 20-20, and they are right. That said, lets reexamine that 2009 draft and see what could have been had the Jets not made those two trade ups for Sanchez in the 1st and Greene in the 3rd. They could have stood pat in the 1st and selected Freeman, don’t think for a minute Sanchez is a superior QB. Then, with the 2nd they gave up, LeSean McCoy was available. Had they stood pat in the 3rd Mike Wallace was available with their original pick. Factor in what they could have had with the rest of the picks they surrendered,which I can’t even recall at this time and that FO decision was a disaster.

112. By joe on May 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY WITHOUT ME PLAYING YOUR KIDDING RIGHT Danny ANYTIME TIME YOU WANT TO COMPARE SPECIFIC TEAMS YOU PLAYED ON AGAINST the last team i played on lets go. DETERMINING FACTOR =TOTAL AMOUNT OF TOP TIER PLAYERS AND THEIR NAME SDANNY by top tier I MEAN BIG TIME D1 PLAYERS AND OR PLAYERS WITH Nfl experiance (NOT GUYS THAT PLAYED D2-D3 )DaNNY HOW did you make out with L PECC (you google him yet).How about HIS COACHING RESUME verses YOUR BROTHERin LAWs.Danny SPEAKING OF COACHES did you find out about MY OLD ROOMATE HES A PRETTY FAIR COACH DOWN at the OLD U N SURE IF I CALL HIM HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT YOU AND YOUR BROTHER IN LAW (the COACH )

113. By joe on May 13, 2012 | Reply

SC JOE exactly as we LOSE PICKS TO move up to GET REX AND MIKE T GUY (Sanchez)whose inferior to FREEMON AND IN DOING SO LOSE MIKE WALLACE WHOSE A PRO BOWLER.IN 2012 THEIR GUY SANCHEZ NOW SPLITS TIME WITH TIM TEBOW The above is the exact reason we are ranked near LAST IN THE NFL AT DRAFTING WITH ONLY 3 DRAFTED PRO BOWLERS ON THE ROSTER(super bowl caliber teams have 8-9 drafted pro bowlers on the rooster )

114. By danny on May 13, 2012 | Reply

Joe I never googled him bercause I can care less my man. By u saying Eli was MVP and Brees was MVP and that’s why they won and how come the Giants D line didn;t win MVP well Joe it proves to everyone on here that knows Football that u have no clue about the game. I’m done talking to you because your a media fan who thinks he knows it all and u have no clue about the game itself. The Giants coach said his D was average in the playoffs ???? Well show me that because he know his D shut down GB’s powerful offense and Tom Brady in the DB twice to win. OMG you don;’t undertand the game bro and I cant even have a convo with someone who don;t know football and tells me the Giants D wasn;t good in the playoffs only ELI was LOL WOW

115. By ron alexander on May 14, 2012 | Reply

s.c joe, well its nice to finally find some common ground regarding Tannenbaum. Never gonna put a winning team on the field as long as he is picking the groceries! Oh, bye the way Joe, if you look back I never sais Sanchex is better than Stafford. I simply pointed out the Stafford is a injury waiting to happan and when you look at the amount of games he has missed I think you can see my point. he was injured a lot in college and he has been the same as a pro. Hey, the guy has a great arm but who knows how long he will play?

116. By joe on May 14, 2012 | Reply

A QB ALWAYS wins the MVP OF THE SB AWARD REALLY .Chuck Howley won the SB MVP AWARD in SB THAT J UNITAS PLAYED IN WRONG AS USUAL DANNY.Qb usually win the AWARD BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MVP

117. By scjoe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

In all fairness I will stand at mid field on the Sanchez/Stafford issue. Both Ron and Joe are correct in their analogies. There is no doubt Stafford is the better QB, hands down. But as Ron has mentioned, what good is it if the guy can’t put a full NFL season together. So, give me Stafford, WITH Sanchez’s durability and I will do back flips at mid field in the Meadwolands.

118. By joe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

GUY i look at it this way AT LEAST WITH STAFFORD WE WOULD HAVE A SHOT AT A SB and its worth the injury gamble With Sanchez the best your going to get is ALEX SMITH The NY JETS are a mirror of the SF 49ERS with alot less talent.The NINERS WON 15 GAMES LAST SEASON but were smart enough to realize ALEX SMITH COULD NOT GET THEM A SB WIN HENCE THEY TRIED TO GET PAYTON TO COME THERE.

119. By ron alexander on May 15, 2012 | Reply

S.C.Joe/Joe On pure talent I will agree that Stafford is the better Q.B. Last year he threw for over 1500 more yards and still had 2 less interceptions than Sanchez. However, lets remember Stafford was throwing to arguably the games top reciever in Calvin Johnson and the t.e Pettigrew is a monster as well.Throw in the fact that Sanchex played behind a line with out Mangold for 3-4 games and a right tackle that led the league in sacks allowed and who was second in penalty’s. And dont forget Slauson had a shoulder that required surgery immediatly after the season too.and dont forget Stafford has missed 19 games in three years vs Sanchez 1game.

120. By danny on May 15, 2012 | Reply

Wow Joe now u have to try and go back to when one bar was across the facemask and Johnny U time ?????? WOW that is hysterical. Ron well said about Staffords weapons and our banged up O line. Some guys don’t understand that everything starts up front. Stafford is gonna be a great QB but put MS in that Offense last yr and his numbers wouyld definitly be so much better then they were in our O with Shotty, and dinged up O line, Waybe Hunter and selfish WR’s Holmes and Plax. Most of these top QB’s have a good O line and weapons around them. How bad was ELI when Plax left ??? Everyone in NY was ready to dump him and Coughlin until bang this season Victor Cruz came out of no where and made sick plays all over the field

121. By joe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

RON is it a good thing or bad thing that SANCHEZ MISSED ONLY 1 GAME. Your forgetting something here AS IF THE JETS HAVE ALL THE CONFIDENCE IN SANCHEZ THAT YOU HAVE WHY IS TEBOW HERE .(Woody will make tens of millions in CORP AD DOLLARS FROM TEBOW BUT HE HAS TO PLAY.In that case what does it say-mean for the FRANCHISE QB SANCHEZ THEY TRADED UP TO GET )

122. By joe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

ps RON take Santonio and KELLER and put them on a team with BRADY BREES ROTHESBURGER ROGERS ECT AND THEN TELL ME HOW BAD THEY ARE (i know this SANTINAREO won a sb mvp and for some reason his numbers with ROTHESBURGER ARE MUCH BETTER THAN SANCHEZ GUESS WHY

123. By scjoe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

point well taken Ron. But I will also remind you that the Lions had absolutely no running game and their O Line was not exactly light years ahead of the Jets either. From watching both over the past three seasons it is quite obvious to me that Stafford can carry the team with his ability when there is no real run game to speak of, Sanchez can not. Of course after only three years the jury is still out on both.

124. By joe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

Danny the 2010 INDY COLTS won 10 GAMES The 2011 INDY COLTS won 1 Game .BOTH TEAMS were IDENTICAL (same players coaches ect )MINUS JUST 1 GUY .Football is the ultimate team sport (ALL THAT HIGH SCHOOL COACHING RA RA )SO HOW COULD LOSING JUST 1 PLAYER RESULT IN 9 WIND SWING .I believe that players NAME WAS PAYTON MANNING

125. By joe on May 15, 2012 | Reply

Danny i understand the school you volunteer at doesnt give you a chance in checking out BIG TIME D1 PLAYERS SO YO MAY WANT TO GOOGLE a HS CALLED NIDDLETOWN SOUTH (IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS )Small HS (only 1400 kids )BUT ms often years without losing and TURNS OUT PARADE YEA ALL AMERICANS EVERY FEW YEARS As a matter of fact their progrem has produced 2 NFL FIRST ROUNDERS ONE FIFTH ROUNDER ONE SIXTH ROUNDER THE PAST 15 YEARS On the college level approx 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS have been won by their alumni im MANY CASES playing for WHATS REGARDED AS THE GREATEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM EVER

126. By joe on May 16, 2012 | Reply

SC EXACTLY QBS like MANNING BREES BRADY CAN CARRY TEAMS with their ability ( its it SHEER COINSIDENCE THAT EVERY TEAM THAT HAS HAS WON A SB THIS PAST DECADE HAS HAS A PRO BOWLER AT QB ) Joe i keep mentioning the 49ers who are essentially a NY JETS WITH MUCH MUCH BETTERV TALENT.Despite winning 15 games HARBAUGH knows hes not getting a SB WIN WITH A GAME MANAGER AT QB .No defence is going to be able to stop the BRADYS BREES ROGERS ECT on a basis consistant enough to win the SB .You have got to score 30 points plus a game and a game manager isnt capable

127. By danny on May 16, 2012 | Reply

Just please enough with all these teams you google and put on here. What does it mean because you never coached any of them and you have 0 credentials. You know a few football guys but you don’t know the game of Football. I don’t understand where u are going with any of ur posts. Joe have you ever coached a D 1 athlete ???? No so don’t question who I coach I have coaching and playing credentials you don’t dude LOL OMG already and Joe stop with the Peyton talk you know I PROVED YOU WRONG because Peyton has 1 SB only because he never had a defense to help him or a running game. If Peyton did have a decent D he would have 6 SB titles HE’S THAT GOOD Joe

128. By danny on May 16, 2012 | Reply

BTW again you stated a fact that was wrong ????? The 2011 Colts won 2 games and yes this shows you how good Peyton is and how horrible his team was. That is why he only has 1 SB title not 6. If Peyton had Bradys teams he would have 8 SB titles. When brady went down Matt Cassel filled in and the PATS went 11 – 5 so that proves why Peyton and his high powered Offense only has 1 SB. His teams had no defense and no running game ever. The Pats had Belicheck the Defensive Genius and always mixed in RB’s and were very productive running the football. Man Joe you really don’t know football all you know is how to do is bash guys that do because ur jelious. You mean nothing in the football world Joe, U never coached or played LOL

129. By danny on May 16, 2012 | Reply

Just so Joe knows and could go ask around about Long Island Football well Longwood HS is a Div 1 program and top program on Long Island since 1992. If we played in the NY State Championships we would have a few as would several L I schools. We don’t compete in State playoffs because we do our own Long Island championships Nassau Vs Suffolk County due to the money it generates and we all now money comes 1st. Longwood HS has multiple Long Island Championships and mulitple Rutgers Cups ” Best Team On Long Island”. Joe u obviously are a Jersey guy and know absolutely nothing about LI Football. Well that is not news because you know absolutly nothing about Football in general. You have proved that plenty on here. Yes u know some ppl LOL

130. By ron alexander on May 17, 2012 | Reply

S.c.Joe, Please do not confuse the Jets 2011 O-Line with Detroits. They did not have Wayne Hunter(11-sacks,11penalty’s plus too many hits on the q.b. to list. Slauson had a major shoulder injury(since repaired) and Mangold was replaced for 3+ games by a guy off the Raiders practice squad who was eventually cut! Holmes is a very good reciever but Burris last year was “done” and kerley was a rookie. Sanchez was chuck’n & duck’n for his life and Shonn Greene had to struggle to get back to the line of scrimmage.No way Stafford would have made it through the season with our line.

131. By SOCALJET on May 17, 2012 | Reply

Hopefully Tony Sparano can get the O-LINE blocking again,seems like last year SANCHEZ was just getting hit alot,he is a great QB and has potential to become an ELITE QB, Can’t wait for this upcoming 2012 Season…

132. By joe on May 17, 2012 | Reply

DANNY your kidding right. I PLAYED IN A LEAGUE FULL OF EX TOP 50 COLLEGE AND PRO PLAYERS. I lived and TRAINED WITH AL GOLDEN TODD BURGER,CHRISTIAN PETER, Your talking about HAVE I EVER COACHED A D1 PLAYER MY EVERYDAY WORKOUT PARTNER IS one of the greatest football players in the history of the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKSA

133. By joe on May 17, 2012 | Reply

DANNY LONG ISLAND FOOTBALL YOUR REFERENCING RUTGER CUP WINNING PLAYERS whatever THAT IS . IAM mentioning HS FOOTBALL PROGRAMS THAT TURN OUT PLAYERS LIKE DONALD BROWN,KNOWHAN MORENO, AL GOLDEN ,JASON PETER, CHRISTIAN PETER,JIM JEFFCOAT, NUMBER 1 DRAFT PICKS IN THE NFL ,HEAD FOOTBALL COACHES AT TOP 20 D1 POWERHOUSES OR TEAM CAPTAINS ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL BEST EVER TEAMS If that RUTGERS CUP CHAMPION PRODUCED TOP LEVEL NFL TALENT LETS HEAR WHO THEY ARE

134. By joe on May 17, 2012 | Reply

LOL PAYTON HAS ONLY 1 SUPER BOWL RING but hes RANKED AS ONE OF THE TOP 20 PLAYERS IN NFL HISTORY FOR THE HECK OF IT

135. By joe on May 17, 2012 | Reply

Mike Shannohan HAD A FANTASTIC winning perc at DENVER AVG at WASHINGTON .George Seitfort had a FANTASTIC winning perc at SF POOR AT CAROL.Jimmy Johnson had a fantastic winning perc at DALLAS AVG at MIAMI .When all the above coaches switched TEAMS they went from multiple sb wins to avg below avg THEY MUST HAVE FORGOT HOW TO TEACH AND OR COACH.JOHN ELWAY ,STEVE YOUNG AND TROY AIKMAN had absolutely nothing to do with any of it

136. By joe on May 17, 2012 | Reply

lol all THE JET DREAMERS LIVING IN A 43 YEAR OLD FANTASY OF SB VICTORYS TO COME ARE PSYCHED we got rid of SHOTTY to get Sparano(IT GIVES THEM FALSE HOPE )Its interesting that BILL COWHER HAS STATED PUBLICALLY THAT HE WILL NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT TO COACH A TEAM UNLESS HES SURE A FRANCHISE QB IS IN PLACE.In TRUE JET DAYDREAMERS PHILOSOPHY COWHER MUST NOT KNOW WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT as SPARANO DOESNT NEED A FRANCHISE TYPE QB HIS COACHING-SYSTEM IS ALL WE NEED.Schotty his play calling ect couldnt give SANCHEZ the GOD GIVEN ABILITY HE DOESNT HAVE BUT THATS OK SPARANO WILL BE ABLE TO .Funny in MIAMI SPARANO didnt do to well turning HENNE into MARINO

137. By danny on May 19, 2012 | Reply

Hhaha see Joe u don’t even understand what I’m talking about with Peyton cause u don’t know football, U said Peyton has 1 SB ring but is top 20 for the hell oif it. First he is top 5 in history talent wise and 2nd Yes he is but I said if he had a good D he would move 6 more SB wins then his one. Wow u really don;t get it. Also again u talked about ur partner being the greatest to ever play LOL well Joe even if he is that don’t make u anything but a partner u still don’t coach Joe. Don’t u get it just because u know ppl with credentials don;t mean u know anything about football Joe it means they do. No Joe u don;t coach and u never played until i made u look foolish then all of a sudden u played on some allstar team hahahaah WOW

138. By danny on May 19, 2012 | Reply

Ohh one more thing Joe because u still have yet to say it all u say is u know someone that coaches but WHERE DO U COACH JOE ??????????????????????? Don’t ever knock a coach when u never coached a game in ur life only ur friend has. That is ludicrious to even compare urself to me. I was telling the guys at work today about u and they all got a good laugh. Us New Yorkers see guys like u everyday in NY and we abuse them Joe hahahaa

139. By danny on May 19, 2012 | Reply

Joe I work out with a UFC / Pride fighter. He went to wars with Former Champ and Great the late Evan Tanner. I know a lot about MMA but I never faught in the cage or did I teach the sport so I would never question nor bash someone that has because I train and very close friends with a MMA Great. Thgis what ur trying to do with Football and its so funny but yet ridiculous. U need to stop already and show respect for ppl on here and some class for urself Joe

140. By joe on May 19, 2012 | Reply

Danny AS FAR AS MMA my buddy JIM BARRY IS A TOP LEVEL PROMOTER Who do you work out with

141. By joe on May 19, 2012 | Reply

DANNY regarding PAYTON MANNING WE TRIED EVERYTHING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH to get him to come here whether you like it or not thats a fact.AS REPORTED BY ESPN THE TWO REASONS HE CHOSE TO GO ELSEWARE WERE INSTABILITY OF THE ORGANIZATION AND THE HISTORY OF THE JETS BEING ONE OF THE MOST FUTILE TEAMS IN THE NFL

142. By joe on May 19, 2012 | Reply

DANNY REMEMBER you mentioned MMA i will find out whether you actually know the guy you CLAIMED to work out with.As i posted i got a pretty fair connection over there

143. By ron alexander on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Danny & Joe, Guys, play nice! Joe, Danny has told you several times he doesn’t name drop. Enough with all this other nonsence! i was really digg’n the jets football talk but who really cares about all this other crap? No body really cares who knows who so can we kiss and make up and get back to some football stuff?

144. By danny on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe ur all talk buddy. The way u talk I’m sure non of these guys u know have any respect for you. Joe I don’t drop names but put it this way I know a Long Island fighter from Massapequa and his father VERY VERY well. I hung out with team Hammer House numerous times and shook hands with Dana White. As for Peyton we all know he did not wanna come to NY and battle for the spot light with his bro as he did not wanna go to the NFC and battle with his bro. Joe u think u know it all but u don’t. Joe I also train with a Bellator fighter but again I don’t mention names on here cause I’m comfortable with myself and have nothing to prove to you. I will be in Denver June 2nd for my buddys fight and been to fights and locker rooms in las vegas

145. By danny on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe again u listen to the media with ur ESPN comment on Peyton. Real Football guys know to never ever ever EVER listen to the MEDIA ” Nuff Said”

146. By danny on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe I googled Jim Barry and he is a austrailian fighter who is 0 – 1 in MMA. Nothing on there about being a promoter. U ask him about the NYBA which he will know and Team Hammer house and it’s UFC Hall Of Famer who I know very well. These PPL are family to my brother so I know them all very very well. U gott stop Joe with all ur name throwing. If these ppl knew u were throwing there name around they would probably cut u off completely. If u were such a big dawgg then u would have nothing to prove to me or anyone. The thing is u are not a BIG DAWGG Joe ur a know it all fan on NYJETS.COM thats it LOL

147. By danny on May 20, 2012 | Reply

Joe go to youtube and put in NYBA vs Ex Champ Dave Menne and watch it. I was there in his corner for that fight. I shouldn’t even be saying any of this but I’m just tired of ur act on here. U think U know it all and everyone and ur just Joe from NYJets.com . If u were something big this is the last place u would be on here arguing with guys who have way more credentials then you haha