Jordan White Ready to Play Some Catch-Up Ball

Posted by Randy Lange on July 30, 2012 – 2:29 pm

Updated 8:42 p.m. ET

Jordan White is not full-go yet, but the seventh-round rookie WR from Western Michigan has come off the Active Physically Unable to Perform list and later this week will be able to show a little of the skills that made him one of only six players in NCAA history believed to have caught 140 passes in a season, which he did for the Broncos last year.

“I feel fine. I’ll be ready to go this week,” White, who broke a bone in his foot during OTAs, said after today’s morning training camp practice at SUNY Cortland.

White’s quietly confident he can hit the ground running on Wednesday and Thursday, when he’ll be on the field but not in full pads, and Friday, when he can put the pads back on and let things fly.

For one, he said coordinator Tony Sparano and receivers coach Sanjay Lal have been on top of him and the rest of the WRs to get the mental reps wherever you can.

“Physically, we may not be running out there and catching balls,” he said, “but at the end of the day we’re still getting our mental reps.”

White also learned that through his own personal injury history, which included two seasons, 2006 and ’08, lost to knee injuries. He kept focused and as a result put up mind-numbing numbers his junior and senior seasons: 234 catches, 3,289 yards and 27 TDs in 25 games.

Then there is the company he keeps at Western. Greg Jennings, Green Bay’s Pro Bowl WR, is also a WMU product. During last year’s lockout, Jennings returned to the upper Midwest and hooked up with his fellow Bronco for workouts.

“Me and Greg, we built a relationship,” White said. “We spent two months on speed, conditioning and route-running. He still gives me insight into what to expect, inside football as well as outside football. Surprisingly, he told me that I have what it takes to play in this league.”

The Jets thought so, too, when they took him with the 244th pick of April’s draft, making him the franchise’s only Western Michigan draftee and its first since 1971. Soon it’ll be up to him to show what he’s learned and that he belongs.

The Rest of the Injury Picture

White was one of three young PUPs who were activated off the Physically Unable to Perform list today. Third-round LB Demario Davis finally got to ace his conditioning test and was cleared, as was free agent G Terrence Campbell. The new CBA stipulates injured players get phased back into full pads, so all three were on the field but in T-shirts today for a conditioning practice, then will get the next two practices to dress but not pad up. Finally the pads go back on Friday (which is a practice closed to the public).

Also on the good health news front, CB Darrelle Revis returned after sitting out Sunday’s 9-on-7’s and team drills due to his hamstring tightness.

But WR Jeremy Kerley (hamstring) remains sidelined for several more days, and head coach Rex Ryan has noted that WR Chaz Schilens has had some hamstring and groin issues, and other players have felt the early stages of tightness. So Ryan has combined with head trainer John Mellody and head strength coach Bill Hughan to come up with a slightly revised schedule for training camp going forward.

Instead of an 8 a.m. start with a shorter stretching period, Ryan said: “We’ll start practice at 8:30 and we’re going to have a 20-minute stretch warmup period. We’ve had a lot of hamstrings and those type of deals, and if we can prevent them, our strength and conditioning staff and trainers feel that’ll give us a better chance of being more successful with the hamstrings.”

Ryan also had one other clock issue on his mind. Although Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow came on a little stronger today than with their Sunday passing, they both may be holding onto the ball a little too long in the pocket, perhaps an understandable reaction to trying to make the correct reads and throws in Sparano’s new system. The answer: The horn is back.

“I read something that Green Bay did where they’re putting that little clock on the quarterbacks,” Rex said. “We’ve got to get that ball out. I’ve talked to Tony about doing that again. We did that last year a little and it drove everybody crazy. We’re going to go back to that. I just think we need to get the ball out of our hands a little quicker.”

Rex Cetera

Sanchez hooked up with WR Santonio Holmes on several crisp throws, the most impressive perhaps a laser on an intermediate slant that eluded defenders’ fingertips and found Holmes in stride. … Greg McElroy connected with rookie WR Royce Pollard for a downfield left sideline long ball, slightly underthrown but one that Antonio Cromartie couldn’t get back in time to defend. … The FG battle goes on. Today’s kick-off wasn’t a long-range one, with Josh Brown hitting his last two tries from 38 and 40 yards and Nick Folk getting the longest tries and putting both through from 42 and 44 yards.

DB Royce Adams was waived/injured. … Today’s attendance: 1,820. … No practice, players’ day off on Tuesday. They return for open practices Wednesday and Thursday. Friday’s practice is closed. Saturday night is the Green & White practice.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

47 Responses to “Jordan White Ready to Play Some Catch-Up Ball”

1. By Tim on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

****** (I want to SEE the JETS OFFENSE (BLOCKING, BLOCKING, BLOCKING)!!!!
    (BLOCKING) is where OFFENSE starts!!!!

So I want (TONY SPARANO) to emphasize (BLOCKING) for the Jets Offense!)*****

2. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Wow, Rex finally figures out that the problem is hamstring injuries in general, not Kerley. Really amazing how slow this guy’s learning curve is on just about everything.

3. By IRA on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Landry looked so quick today he really surprised me. Hope this guy can stay healthy if so he will make a big difference for sure. Ducasse continues to show progress at LG and i thought i saw him block out Coples today. Looking forward to seeing White. They need help at WR and RB. Powell also continues to impress and they need to give him a good look once the preseason games start.
    GO JETS!!!!

4. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Now this is another “head scratcher” Braylon Edwards is out there trying out with a couple of teams, Miami being one of them. Yet, we are talking about a 7th rounder from a small school who broke his foot during mini camp. Do I have that right? We hear talk of Cro (the #2 CB) as possibly having a roll in the offense, but no talk of bringing in Braylon not that he appears ready to shop himself. I know I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, but what am I missing here?

5. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Above typo, meant to say NOW that BE appears ready to shop himself.

6. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Maybe what you’re missing is that Braylon might be on the cusp of failing physicals, scjoe, like some other guys we keep picking up.

7. By ron alexander on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

S.C.Joe, dont you wonder what B.E & C.Benson must have done to get like zero interest from us(not to mention other teams)? Like you I think these guys could be good stop-gap players and injury insurance if nothing else?(especially with all the hammy’s we seem to be pulling?64, I mentioned the hammy thing the oter day.Like you I am amazed this is just registering with Sexy Rexey? Hey mabey he’s spending to much time reveling in his weight loss success? I am surprised to say the least to learn that stretching is not already a big part of pre-practice prep?Highschool and colleges do this religously,why dont we?Ira, thanx for the Landry update. ESPN is doing a series on Sports Center all week on us. Very interesting.

8. By GaryC on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, give up on yesterday’s news edwards is like an archive,research if you must,discard for any other reason.White is the future,comes from the same school as Greg Jennings and from a conference that produced antonio brown.If Edwards wants to do backflips theres always the circus,we need football players.

9. By Eli Rodriguez on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Greg McElroy—G-MAC taking care of business and flying low, No drama —-No pressure.***Would someone with QB experience or not glance at photo #49—#50—#51 of The New York Jets Training Camp 7/29/12—-and tell us how they see our QB’s stands-posture–facial expression etc.–compare to other QB in the league.

10. By Bennett on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Short while back saw an idiot pundit on the TV and he looked in the camera, all profound like, and amnounced “if the Jets lose 3 games Tebow will be the starter”. They then went to a wide shot and the idiot female moderator was looking at him as if he just said the most profound thing she had ever heard in her life, the other “panel members ” smugly nodded in all knowing agreement. Then here I’m thinking alright the 3rd loss Sanchez throws for 3 td’s nice 300 yrds and the defense can’t hold a 17 pt lead going into the 4th but ohhhhh nooooo… OHHHHH NOOOOO BAAAAABY thats #3 Tebow he comin COMMMMIIINNN.. this is the mentality the Jets are going to deal with all season.

11. By Chicago Bob on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, best guess is they are pushing hard to get Stephen Hill in the starting lineup and by bringing in Braylon (whom I always liked) would just slow him down. Too bad Holmes is a part of this team otherwise it would be a no-brainer to sign Edwards. I have said it before and will say it again, Mike T. needs to be a better negotiator – when you look at the salaries some of these guys are making, THOSE are real head scratchers. When a team like New England (with better talent) is in a better salary cap position, it makes you wonder what this guy is thinking of when it comes to negotiating players salaries.

12. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

My “sources” in Miami tel me that the Dolphins have proclaimed Braylon Edwards healthy. The only hang up right now is salary, which they tell me should be resolved with in the next week or so.

13. By Tom Spicer on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe, To keep the conversation current I am posting here Mark is far FAR from where we need him to be. But we do not have even close to the weapons on O that the Pats, Saints & Pack have. If we did we would not be trying Cro at WR & we would not have traded for Tebow to run the wildcat. I dont have a beef with you we know what Mark is, we know what he is not & we know where he needs to get to. Yes I can see the forest thru the trees but I can also see that there are alot of weeds around our tree.

14. By Bennett on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

I got stats you guys got stats we argue my stats are better than your stats,we have minute stats, garbage stats, phony stats, minor stats, major stats, different stats, same stats. The idiot pundits quote stats and I even once saw a female moderator utter a stat. We got stats all over the place. Thats why they have this Quarterback rating system, an attempt to consilate stats into a system that ranks QB’s. It is highly quoted, relied on, and considered the definitive yardstick to measure overall preformance in theory elminating many such arguements WHAT IS SANCHEZ’S RANK ON THIS LIST, 5th ? …no 10th ?… no 15th… no…. keep goin…. and goin…. Does this end the ongoing debate ?… doubt it

15. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Tom Spicer, great line about the weeds (LOL) You pretty much summed up what Sanchez is and where he needs to be. I would agree. I also agree about the “Cro package” I even commented about it in another story. As for Tebow? It is difficult to comment on his roll because no one knows for sure (at this pint) what that roll will be. If he is simply a b/u QB who can do other things as well, I have no problem with that. I also commented about that in another story stating that I believe Tebow is a top ten b/u. I will say this, if MS does not get it done by, lets say, week 8, I would hope that this FO made the right decision on the b/u QB

16. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Chicago Bob, see your point, but I would think that Braylon’s presence would help bring along both Hill and Schliens because of the similarity’s in their physical attributes and in their game in general. But I think it may be a moot point because I believe the Dolphins are on the verge of signing him. Lets see how it all plays out..Also, great point about our salary structure as compared to NEs. That too is a head scratcher.

17. By Jake on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Warren Sapp was asked a question the other day on Total Access about who would start first “Tim Tebow, or Ryan Tannehill?”. Sapp goes on to say that Tebow willl be the starter first because the New York fans want it. I don’t know what fans he is talking about but he made it seem like it is a common held belief amound the majority of fans. I hate loud mouth pundits like Sapp, and Irvin who contradict themselves on a daily basis and rattle off stats that have no foundation. The amazing thing is, people actually form opinions because of what these talking heads say. I can’t stand this current day sports media. That’s the problem with having a network dedicated to just football 365. They run out of things to talk about so they make stuff up.

18. By scjoe on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I agree that it may be time to give up on BE, simply because I believe the Dolphins will sign him sometime soon.As for White being “the future” lets hold off on that for a while and see if he even makes the roster or the PS. I would say at this point that is 50-50

19. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey Chicago Bob, why don’t you get off the site, go root for another team, move to New England? That’s the kind of crap that I have to listen to when I point out NE’s superior front office, HC, QB, roster management, and roster. But for some Jet fans, aspiring to excellence seems to be politically incorrect, or something you should be ashamed of, or not say out loud. Hmm, that attitude seems to be going around these days. Well, I say keep it out of Florham Park!

20. By Bennett on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Ok now NFL QB ratings for 2011, now remember this is a scientific way of trying to measuring OVERALL how good a QB is and listed in relation to his peers. Top 3 in order not really a surprise Rodgers, Brees ,Brady. Where is the great Sanchez… #30 the touchdown throwing machine is… # 30 , The step it up in big games king…#30 How many teams are,there.. what 32 ? So what does this show us? That Sanchez is a good QB …no, an average QB… no, a below average QB… no .a bad QB, one of the very worst ….BINGO !!!!! …WHO in the heck was #32 you might ask…are you ready… TEBOW… YEAH… IT’S TEBOW…HOOOOLY BINGO… can you believe our luck ? Not only do we have 30 but a 32 how many teams got that I ask you ? You gotta love these Jet

21. By Bennett on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

So I guess Sanchez got it all done by his lonesome last year. Lets see Plax stinks just a darn fluke he got any of those TD passes last year only made one or 2 good grabs anyway good ridance, That crippled, old back in his final year he couldn’t get open to save his life should have been in a walker. The 50 milion dollar man, heck he is a cancer so he can’t play. Keller… he is hard to see out there what is he supposed to do ? The 3 pro-bowlers on the O line they are the ones respobsible for the huge 3rd down conversion rate… of a whooping 33%. not the QB and leader of the offense Sanchez was the #5 most sacked QB last year but that was all Hunters fault, he didn”t move into alot of them that was like a TV opticval allusion or somthin’

22. By GaryC on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

scjoe, I mentioned white as in general, new blood as opposed to recyclable vets,On the quarterback issue,isn’t it time for McElroy to move up to number two seeing that the jets are giving tebow so many other things to do.If Sanchez gets hurt I would rather have my backup thinking only about passing and not who he will block on special teams,will Tebow be ready in case of injury with so many things on his plate.

23. By np on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

wow some of you guys are really dumb – “a 7th rounder from a small school” – because everyone knows all the best recievers are 1st round picks from the SEC… you do realize this “small school” is the same one which produced Greg Jennings, and White went on to crush all of Jennings records while being the #1 receiver in all the major stats his senior year. Yes ahead of Blockman and whoever else got tons of exposure. I watched this guy play at Western Michigan, and even if the competition wasn’t up to par (@Illinois, @Michigan, Purdue) White made incredible plays to score all those TD, gain all those yards. It wasn’t like he was wide open against a pop-warner team.

24. By ron alexander on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

JAKE, if you combine the I.Q’s of Sapp & Irvin you might hit room temp.? They are not the brightest bulbs in the box!BENNETT is back with a bang! Great stuff my man!Hate it when your not on with us! How ya feel’n? Hope you are 100% soon.Being a Jets fan & having heart issues is not a good combination!GARYC,White is certianly an interesting story,but keep in mind he has had 3 major acl surgeries and as a reciever who relies on his ability to make hard cuts as he is not fast(4.5-4.6 range) I think you may be disappointed in him. I like him too but he is not Wes Welker.

25. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Nice work, Bennett, funny how some of the folks who most often say stats are meaningless tend to say it when the stats don’t favor certain players…like with Newton’s great stats and Sanchez and Tebow’s mediocre ones…

26. By danny on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Great article in NY Post today comparing MS stats and ELI’s stats thru their 1st 3 seasons. MS came out on top and has 4 more playoff wins. Well yr 4 Eli won a SB so man imagine the Giants booted Eli like a lot of u guys want us to do with Sanchez rite now ??? This yr is big for him and some guys take longer then others to see the light. Stop beating on MS and lets hope he steps up this yr. The guy is rite where Eli was in this pt in his career so it shows why so many fans have no understanding of developing a QB. Those same Giants fans who wanted Eli dead scream how he is elite now LOL

27. By GaryC on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Great stats on a losing team,who can this be intended too.let me think.the only stat that mattered to me concerning this individual is his team went 6-10 and no playoffs, those are the stats I am interested in.

28. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, when did you become one of the “Sanchez led us to two championships” guys? Sanchez didn’t single-handedly do anything the first two yrs, last yr he did nothing, and let’s see what he can do this yr. As for who’s going to have a better record, the Jets or the Panthers, that’ll depend on a lot of things. But if it depends on who has the better QB, I’m pretty sure I know who that is already. Really, are you serious with this argument that Sanchez is better than Newton? I haven’t heard a single player, pundit, or fan make that claim — and I’m pretty sure Newton won’t be finishing at the top of those “Most Overrated” polls of players by players yr after yr, either.

29. By scjoe on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

np…..Jennings played at the same school (Western Michigan) that White played at! So what!! What’s your point? Chad Henne played at the same school (Michigan) as Tom Brady played at. Tyler Palko played at the same school (Pitt) that Dan Marino played at. There are hundreds more to select from. What does one have to do with the other? What does a #7 draft pick in 2011 have to do with one who was selected 6 or 7 years ago? The same school? The same position? Are their guarantees that you will be sucessful because a guy selected 6 or 7 years ago from the same school and the same position was? C’mon man.

30. By Tom from Bricktown on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

its go time

31. By Tom Spicer on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

Thats a new one Mark moves into sacks! Yes he sits there & says I want a 300 LB person to blast me in the back as hard as they can with there helmet. Some guys really need to get a clue!

32. By Tom Spicer on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

For the guys that dont follow the Jets in detail I can educate you. Brick I have no idea how he made the pro bowl it was off of name reputation only. Next to his rookie season last year was his worst year. Slauson hurt himself in the playoff game vs the Pats & he thought it would just go away last year he tried to play thru it. The injury got worse as the year went on & it hurt his play. He said that during the year he could barley raise his arm & that he could not put it above his head. When the year was over he had surgery on three different parts of his shoulder / upper arm & they thought he may not even be ready for this year thats how bad it was. Mangold had a high ankle sprain which made him miss 2 1/2 games (raiders & ravens both

33. By Tom Spicer on Jul 31, 2012 | Reply

losses) he was also limited the following three weeks. Moore had hip surgery the prior off season & it hurt his play the 1st half of the year. He would often just sit out of practice & only play in the games. I remember seeing him get blown up in the Raven game thinking wha happened to him? He used to be our road grader if we needed a yard in years past we ran behind Mangold, Moore & Woody everytime. Hunter what can I say last year some say he was the worst tackle in football period. So two things1 the person who needs to be educated about everything Jets just let me know I can help you out anytime. 2 this is part of the reason that I am so hopeful for this year I dont think we can have this many injurys on the o line again

34. By SCfromNY on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

Danny please! The year 3 comparisons with current elite QBs, Eli, Brees, Manning, have been done over and over. The concern with Sanchez’s 3rd year was that it was such a regression. The stats may be similar BUT Sanchez became timid, unsure, and could not find receivers. So while his over all stats are better his demeanor and composure suffered greatly. Everyone can have a bad year, be behind a bad line, or get bad plays called and this can be corrected as the elites have. Remember Eli’s 25 turnovers? But if you are not mentally strong you may never come back. Evidence David Carr. I hope last year was an aberration but I can not give Sanchez a pass without proof of improvement.

35. By GaryC on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

jetfantom, don’t know why you aren’t as hard on your boy Holmes,the jets should have the guts to dump this guy,nothing but a cancer,can never keep quiet,rex goes after McElroy but gives Holmes a free pass.Getting Back to Newton,let the guy win ONE PLAYOFF GAME before you join in with the kool aid brigade,like the shills on the nfl network.

36. By ron alexander on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

DANNY, I agree, that was a good article in the Post regarding the Q.B,comparisons.SPICER,good stuff my man!Love the mov’n into sacks line!(LOL) I agree 100% on your O.Line assesment of last year too. S.C.NewYork, you also make a well-stated point about M.S’s regression and the comparison to David Carr is excellent.Lets hope for our sake he is not still shell-shocked and is able to bounce back from last year.Even an elite Q.B like Tom Brady is susceptable to beatings as the Giants proved in the 2008 Superbowl.

37. By scjoe on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

SCfromNY, Thank you for that rational explanation regarding that never ending Sanchez to Eli comparison. They are called INTANGIBLES!!! They are something that simply does not show up on any stat sheet, but they are out there for the whole world to see. I have spoken about them often over the past three years, but there are some out there who would just rather dismiss them. By doing that, exactly who are they fooling? Any educated fan can pick up on the intangibles at any given time, especially at the QB position.

38. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

I’ll admit, GaryC, Holmes’ behavior this yr seems a bit weird, see my post on the story ahead about the Ravens fan who pts out that Rex’s players never seem to shut their mouths. But you’ve got a pretty short memory if you can’t recall how Holmes played for us the first yr when Sanchez was better (although still slow in the first half), a healthy Edwards was across from him (along with a not-so-healthy but determined-to-stay-a-Jet J-Co), and our OL wasn’t so banged up, as Spicer pts out today. But hey, Spicer, scjoe’s been making a great case that MS’s pocket presence needs improvement, I think you oughta go read some of his old posts.

39. By danny on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

PPL don’t realize there was a lot of reasons why MS regressed last yr and the BIGGEST was he did not have the same great O line he had his first 2 seasons. Between Wayne Hunter and injuries especially Moore and Mangold the kid got KILLED. We had no running game so of course he regressed and we all know it starts up front. Our line STUNK so our Running game STUNK and our QB play STUNK. Any educated fan should know it all starts up front to be succesful

40. By danny on Aug 1, 2012 | Reply

BTW MS has shown more intangibles then what ELI showed his 1st 3 yrs. MS has stepped up in big games and has had some some swagger but Eli I mean he was down rite awful his 1st 3 yrs and threw theee worst picks u can possibly throw. PPL forget real fast how bad he was. I guess if MS steps up ppl will forget his 1st 3 yrs too hmmmm

41. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Eli had some rough days, danny, but I’ve never seen anything more pathetic than Sanchez’s 2 picks to the same DL guy in one game. And what you’re missing is that in his 3rd yr, Sanchez should’ve shown some poise in the face of the rush, the injuries to the OL, and the new WRs. Instead he looked like he didn’t even want to be on the field after Thanksgiving.

42. By SCfromNY on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Eli never showed the timidness in the pocket that Sanchez did year 3. There is no argument that Sanchez showed promise in year 1&2 But it was a huge regression that can not all be put on the OL. Eli was poor his first 3 years and then won a SB. He never had the huge regression Sanchez had. I hope Sanchez can improve however his demeanor and body language suggest otherwise. This comment is NOT a call for Tebow who I do not consider an NFL ready QB even considering what he did last year. You can only ride emotion so long and then you must have some skill.

43. By scjoe on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Danny, I posted just recently that injuries in the NFL are just as much a part of the game as Tds. With that knowledge in hand it is my contention that an “elite” QB can carry a team when everything else around him may not be up to standards. THAT, I believe is why they are categorized as “elite” THAT, is why teams that happen to have one of them have dominated the list of SB winners over the past decade or 2. Stats alone will not make an average NFL QB elite. So far, and I repeat, (so far) MS has not come close to mastering either category (stats or intangibles) until he does, there will be no SB trophys in Florham Park

44. By Tom Spicer on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

SCfromNY, Eli was worse than Mark in every stat there is until his 6th season please look it up the 1st Super Bowl he won that year he was terrible. He just got hot in the playoffs

45. By danny on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

Not only hot in playoffs but very very LUCKY. Eli threw a bomb up with his eyes closed and it stuck to Tyree’s helmet. This past yr there were 100 breaks ever sincle the ref messed up Cruz fumble vs cards. Dallas completely crashed and Romo overthrew a wide open WR down the sideline for game clincher and allowed the giants to come back. Then we got SF game eli was getting killed in 2nd half going backwards until the rookie fumbled the punt and then yet again fumbled, Now we go to Superbowl and the surest hands in the NFL drops easy ball that sets up NE to go up 2 scores with under 4 min to play. If all this luck don’t happen Eli is still considered a erratic QB. Last season he had a great yr but 1 out of 9 is not elite.

46. By danny on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply

I know ppl wil say luck is part of the game which it is but man ohh man both Eli and MR. Coughlin who was on hot seat go so so lucky over and over. I give them credit for winning the SB but i do have in the back of my head that they were lucky to be 9 – 7 and were not a good team. Eli played great in playoffs but still he was lucky to win yet another SB. The Giants lost to Seattle, Redskins twice and should have lost to the Cards but the ref blew the call. That is without the Dallas MELTDOWN. They were a 500 team that had every single break go there way and went on to become the LUCKIEST team in sports history. Norwood, Tyree’s helmet and Welkers hands = 3 SB wins

47. By ron alexander on Aug 4, 2012 | Reply

Danny, you do make some good points here.There is always luck involved(especially when a 9-7 team wins a superbowl.Sometimes its not the best team but the hot team that wins it all.Hey, if we had beat the Giants and made the playoffs, and then gone on to win the Superbowl I’m sure we would all still be on cloud 9 now!S.Cfrom N.Y, Sorry dude, cant agree with you saying Eli never appeared timid. Hey, I like Eli,but three of my closest friend are big-time Giants fans and I have another friend that works in their front office. I cant begin to tell you how disgusted these guys were with Eli in his early years. None of them thought he would ever amount to a decent,let alone superbowl winning Q.B.He did a lot of chuck’n & duck’n over his career.