• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

Cromartie, Bellore (!) Graze with the White Shirts

Posted by Randy Lange on August 14, 2012 – 2:39 pm

It’s not anything like the great Serengeti wildebeest migration, but at today’s SUNY Cortland training camp practice, two defensive players found their way across the trench to the offensive side of the Jets ecosystem.

One we knew about. Antonio Cromartie lined up at wide receiver in 7-on-7 drills again, and this time he caught his first touchdown of camp, from third QB Greg McElroy.

“I’m just trying to get the technique part down and have fun with it,” the cornerback said about getting some times at wideout. “I’m dead serious. This is something I want to do, play both ways.”

As to the playful charge of “traitor” leveled at Cro by LB Bart Scott during the practice, he at first plead not guilty, then changed his plea.

“I feel like I’m a traitor for today,” he said, “but I can take it.”

The other defender who announced his presence on the other side of the ball when his green jersey showed up among the white offensive jerseys during red zone drills was LB Nick Bellore.

“Yes, we have been working Nick some at fullback,” head coach Rex Ryan said at his midday news conference. “He’s been staying after practice working with [RBs coach] Anthony Lynn. Sometimes you have to find depth in different ways. The same way with Cro at wide receiver. If you go into games and somebody goes down, you need to plug somebody in.”

LaRon’s Getting LaReady

Ryan said S LaRon Landry and his feet are feeling so good these days that the Jets’ trainers and doctors have accelerated his practice “pitch count.”

“We changed his schedule a little bit,” the coach said. “He practiced today when initially he would have been rehabbing again. We’re still taking care of him, but he’s feeling really good and he’s progressing along really nice.”

Landry seconded that medical opinion.

“Physically, I feel fine, I feel ready,” he said. “Each and every day I’m out there ready to go. I try to set the bar high. I’m my worst critic. I really grade myself tough.”

Next test: Well, a few more days of practice, then on to Saturday night against the Giants, whom he’s no stranger to. “I played those guys for five years,” said the former Redskin. “I know ‘em like the back of my hand. So I’m looking forward to it.”

Practice Notes

McElroy had some other nice successes this morning, hitting TE Jeff Cumberland with a picturesque over-the-shoulder pass past DB Donnie Fletcher for a TD, then finding Josh Baker with a tight-window connection past rookie LB Demario Davis. … Before those completions, though, a McElroy pass was batted in the air and reeled in by CB Isaiah Trufant for the interception. … Baker also nabbed a Mark Sanchez pass past Calvin Pace for a left-sideline score.

Sanchez scrambled and found RB Bilal Powell just over the goal line in red zone drills and yelled, “Touchdown!” Other than that, the defense had a strong final period keeping the “O” out of the end zone. … LB David Harris continued his strong camp of pass coverage with a few more PDs.

Today’s attendance: 2,230. Many of the fans were there to help Tim Tebow celebrate his 25th birthday. … Wednesday’s 8 a.m. practice will be the final open practice in Cortland. The Jets will have a closed workout Thursday, have “rookie night” festivities later, then head south Friday morning for North Jersey. They’ll host the Giants at MetLife Stadium on Saturday night, then next week will wrap up the training camp phase of the preseason with open practices at MetLife on Tuesday night and at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Complex on Thursday and Friday mornings, Aug. 23-24.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

55 Responses to “Cromartie, Bellore (!) Graze with the White Shirts”

1. By steven on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

How is Hayden Smith doing? He is so big and fast. Just throw it to him and he will get yards

2. By IRA on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Not happy about Cro maybe getting some reps as a WR vs the Giants. Last time a player wanted to do that was J. Sehorn and looked at what happened to him returning a kick vs the Jets. If you want to have Cro as a WR in a certain spot during the regular season well then you do what you have to do. I have a bad feel about this and if Cro gets hurt trying to catch a pass or taking a bad hit well then the Jets are in serious trouble.

3. By Bennett on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Well it has already started read my first article titled ” Should Tim Tebow Start” said Tebow outpreformed Sanchez in the pre-season game, that he is fighting for the starting job, and that their releationship is contentious . Pretty cool as everything said there is virtually untrue ( usually some of it is at least true ) The most ridiculous thing I heard on this board is that the O line has been built for Tebow ( I know you just repeated it KARAN) that sinks to the level of a bad conspiracy theory. RON have to agree with you on Couples, he will have to prove it in the regular season I would have much prefered Ingram again the logical choice not taken . I like to think Ryan saw something when he worked him out.

4. By scjoe on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Great news about Landry. He could end up being the best off season pick up if totally healthy. I will say it again about McElroy, I would love to see him get his share of reps and playing time with the 1s. I know it will never happen, but under the circumstances you have to ask yourself why not?

5. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

This type of nonsense isn’t even worth printing, much less reading. Call me when we start drafting the right guys at their proper positions, developing them correctly, and getting them down on the field.

6. By scjoe on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Ron, I’m not sure of the details on the Tannanbaum/Slauson conversation, but if it is what you say (and I would be willing to bet that it is) I would say that it is typical, arrogant, incompetent Mike Tannenbaum at his very best. I am not putting Slauson in the HOF anytime soon, but take a good look around the rest of the supporting cast on that unit.

7. By GaryC on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

ringling brothers and barnum and bailey has nothing on this team,they need six rings,twice as amusing.tebow doing wildcat,cromartie doing wide receiving and Bellore now at fullback,how many fullbacks is that now.It makes you yearn for the days of Jazz Jackson and Hank Bjorklund.As a matter of fact,it might be time to bring back Lou Holtz and his card tricks.

8. By SCfromNY on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Nice article. I hear Greene is working out at LB. Maybe Keller can sub for Cro. He is fast, doesn’t block, and doesn’t like to be hit. Tebow is a multi dimensional player who runs the Wildcat, plays on punt returns, and runs the ball. He is NOT a real backup QB. Give McElroy a shot. Stop the Tebow nonsense by first eliminating all these news conferences. Anyone remember Clemons giving his take? Maybe it will all come together, maybe it will be worse than last year and we get a good draft pick. Whatever it is it is time to stop acting like a sideshow. We get this ink because writers think we are fools and it sells. Stop giving them stuff to write about and play ball.

9. By GaryC on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

I guess Rex needs to take some competition away from Bart Scott so he will move Bellore to play fullback so he doesn’t get his reps at linebacker.

10. By Newton44 on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

The Jets trade their #s 4 and 6 round picks for a “circus act”, one who can’t throw the football consistently’ and now we come to found out that the obvious problem of the Jet offense is the line play, or lack there of. It sure would have been nice if they could have used those picks on offensive linemen.

11. By scjoe on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, maybe we could bring back Brad Baxter and Tony Paige and instead of running a 5 wide offense we could run the feared 5 FB offense. Think of the time MS would get to throw, if one of those swift footed FBs happen to get open. Otherwise, there’s your ground and pound.

12. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Aug 14, 2012 | Reply

Couples looked great.

13. By Jake on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

SCfromNY I couldn’t agree more. Tebow getting a press conference after every event is just ridiculous. I would like to hope that the front offense foresaw this circus act and are using it as a smoke screen to distract everyone from what is really going on at Jets camp… or maybe they really are just that clueless. The fact that they don’t nip these Tebow conferences in the bud looks like two possible things to me. 1.) They are using this whole thing as smoke and mirrors getting everyone to focus on Tebow and let the new offense develop in secret, or 2.) just flat out incompetence. It’s one of the two.

14. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Bjorklund made more plays than LT did last year, GaryC…

15. By IRA on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

I can’t take this Tebow stuff anymore. Everyone knows i wouldn’t have done it they should’ve stayed with Stanton. Bottom line is if Sanchez plays well there isn’t an issue and Tebow will help this team in different ways. If Sanchez doesn’t play well then the circus will start. McElroy should be the #2 but he hasn’t had a good summer. It is what it is and we will see how this plays out. They really didn’t help Sanchez up until now with players around him to make him better. I think some help will be on the way soon.
    BTW the last time a DB caught a TD pass for the Jets was M Coleman in a game vs the Bills at home when he caught a hail mary pass right before halftime. Thats the only thing i would try with Cro.

16. By IRA on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

If i had a say i would look into signing G Camarillo if he is healthy he is a sure handed WR who is 6’2″ and knows Sparano’s system. He could step in right away and be the Jets #2 and let Hill break in behind him. It would add some depth to a very thin WR group. While i could see a trade Mike T has done that 2 out of the three years Sanchez has been here adding Holmes and Edwards but i feel they really don’t want to trade for a WR after drafting one in the 2nd rd. It all depends how desperate they are. I think Camarillo would be a nice addition that can help this team.

17. By GaryC on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

with this fullback situation,one time I made a tongue in cheek comment about the jets going back to the 1920’s and running the flying wedge,I am beginning to believe now,but we have no Jim Thorpe.

18. By Chicago Bob on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

I agree with everyone that the Tebow thing is beyond tiresome and a pain in the *** however if it gets Sanchez to work and focus harder and maximize his ability, it will be worth it. Stanton was no threat to Sanchez and McElroy is basically in his rookie season since he missed all of last year. I did not care for the Tebow trade however they had to bring in someone that would pose any kind of a threat to get Mark out of his “comfort zone”. Not sure what other options there were except maybe Campbell from the Raiders however he has had opportunities with two other teams and it didn’t work out.

19. By Tom Spicer on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Lets say Hill gets it in year 1 & lets say between Greene, McKnight, Powell & Tebow we have the backs to get it done. I still see nothing from this O line that tells me the blocking is going to be any better this year & guess what IF YOU CANT BLOCK YOU CANT WIN!

20. By Tom Spicer on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Sanchez was sacked 2 times in the last game & the defenders were on him right away like in 3 seconds or less. He would have gotten sacked a 3rd time but he scrambled out of it & ran for a 1st down. But he would have gotten sacked 3 times in 1 quarter. That is beyond bad!

21. By Tom Spicer on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Wayne, For years I have had to listen to you call Mark GQ cause he posed in the magazine. Well the guy you call lionheart takes his shirt off for the media & runs off of the field in the rain just to get attention. Now this month he is posing in GQ with his clothes off. Going forward he is the new GQ & if you dont call him that you lose all credability on this site. Also you call him lionheart I got a news flash for you 1 if you cant throw you better run hard & 2 there is only 1 lionheart in the history of the Jets & his name is Curtis Martin!

22. By scjoe on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Ira, you absolutely hit the nail on the head, “IF” Sanchez plays well there will be no issue. That is a tremendously huge IF. The heart of the matter is, exactly who is the b/u QB should Sanchez go down? From what I saw of Tebow in Cincy, he would be a disaster waiting to happen. McElroy just isn’t getting the reps to put him at #2. How does a professional team go in to a season with so many unanswered questions in so many critical areas?

23. By scjoe on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Jake, I will go with option #2. They are just that incompetent. Well, at least the GM, he who has the final decision on all personnel matters anyway. As for Tebow and the pressers? Don’t blame him for that. You put the blame on that same person responsible for option #2, along with his bosses.
    Ira, if they were to sign Camarillo, the question of the day would be why didn’t they sign BE?

24. By lvm on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

The Key to the Jets Season is the Offensive line, The Jets have all the talent needed to have a great year. Sanchez looks stronger, making good reads, Tony Sparano is a HUGE upgrade from Schottenheimer, Defense will be really good with the new safety’s ,Coples is going to be a Beast ! WR’s will do fine, big & fast-
    something we didn’t have last year. The whole team seems to be faster than last yyear

25. By ron alexander on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

IRA, I heard you on the FAN last nite on my ride home.Good stuff buddy!My good friend Rick said on Saturday after watching the “debacle” that he could see T.T beating out M.S. Now my buddy is not a real astute football guy, so i figured he was baseing his thinking on T.T’s moveing the team while M.S did not. I basically dismissed his thinking as reactionary,and perhaps even uneducated. Ooooops, its beginning to sound like he has a lot of company as I’m reading in the papers and seeing on ESPN and hearing a lot of so-called experts on the radio who agree?
    Guys, this is really scary to me as if this type of thinking picks up steam the brain surgeons who run this team are liable to think its a great idea.Very scary!Can you see like 4-12 ?

26. By since shea on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Mr T didnt re-sign Pete Kendall for a reported 1 million difference? He lets Turner walk and de-motivates Slauson with pay cut talk, despite being thin at the position. Leon Washington was treated poorly. Not sure if its Revis being downright greedy or Mr T making waves. He doesnt draft high end O linemen nor did we sign one in FA. He uses 2 draft picks to get Tebow. I dont think Rex gets the blame for the state of affairs in Jetland. Rex may just be the “good soldier” trying to manage thru this. We are all trying to be positive but its hard. Woody put a layer between himself and Mr T called President. Mr T must be held accountable.

27. By ron alexander on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

IRA, i could live with Camirillo or Roy Williams as S.C.Joe suggested. Either guy would be a good stop gap untill Hill is ready to rock and roll.I also agree about keeping Stanton vs. the whole Tebow thing. As I just said, the circus is coming to town as “camp Cortland” is over tomorrow and the boys will be back in town this weekend to stay. The whole Tebow Circus could very well lead to the team coming apart. Rex thinks he has it all under control but last years melt down tells a different story.As for guys playing other posisitions, i dont see it as a big deal. Belichick has been doing it for years and as long as its limited to a few plays here and there it could work ot o.k.

28. By Jet Blue on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Gotta love all this pre-season banter. If they did this then they’d get that. Put yourself on the other side of the ball when the Jets are on offense and try to name one guy you need to worry about. There is nobody. Even Keller and Holmes can be nutralized because the QB does not throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Look at other teams and there’s always a player that you need to watch out for, especially the QB. The Colts will not win many games this year but I’ll bet that Andrew Luck has better stats then Sanchez. Just like last year when rookies Cam Newton and Andy Dalton outplayed the Jets 3rd year starter. Nobody wins in this league wihout a QB. Even Trent Dilfer knows that.

29. By ron alexander on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

JetBlue, Cant argue with most of what you said. Newton and Dalton did in fact out play Sanchez.And no we certianly dont have any one on “O” who scares opposing teams either.And i agree Luck and R.G.III might do the same this year.But the problem is those other Q.B’s play for organizations that are more interested in providing the Q.B the best chance to succeed. Luck got his college T.E Fleener, and the Skins upgraded their O.line and recieving corps.The Jets? We traded a good back-up Q.B.(who had just sighned from Detroit) plus 4th & 6th rd pic’s for a back-up Q.B who cant play Q.B but doubles as a punt protector? Then we traded a pic to move up and draft a reciever with no experience in a passing offence?
    continued-

30. By ron alexander on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

-continuation, we also failed miserably to address the teams most glaring weakness, the O.Line! This organization has decided to buck the current trend and instead of acknowledging the fact that todays NFL is a passing league we are bound and determined to return to the glory of “ground & pound”! Of course,none of the geniouses that run this organization have noticed we have no R.Tackle, no O.line depth, no blocking T.E, and most importantly, no R.B capable of gaining the 14-16,000 yds neccessary to control the ball and give the defence a chance to win the game. So yes, you made a lot of good points, but isn’t blaming Sanchez for the impending disaster just a little silly?

31. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Jake, you can sign me up for Option 2 as well. Ira, why are you spinning like crazy about has-been vet WRs? I admit we might need to pick one up if both Holmes and Schilens can’t play, but this yr is about finding out what Hill, Kerley, and White can do. We’re not going anywhere with this circus of a team. Read Lupica’s piece the other day about this smoke-and-mirrors stuff about the Wildcat and you’ll see what a complete joke this franchise is becoming. Enough with Curtis Martin in the HOF, let’s start with the stories about his attempts to purchase and rejuvenate the Jets!

32. By Tom Spicer on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Jet Blue, I heard the same thing you are saying about Dalton & Newton the year before about Bradford & Freeman. By the way how did Bradford & Freeman do last year?

33. By CJF on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

All negative comments as usual. All of you clowns make me sick. You idiots sound more like Patriot fans than Jet fans. If you don’t like what this team is doing than stop being a fan especially if you been a fan almost 50 years and have nothing to do but come on here and cry and moan like you can do better.

34. By Chicago Bob on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

You do NOT want Roy Williams…….he is brutal. He has trouble getting open and when he does, cannot catch the ball. The Bears couldn’t get him out of Chicago fast enough and they were dying to find a receiver for Jay Cutler to throw to. There were a ton of holes to fill on this roster – if Coples, Hill, Davis and one of the safeties can pan out as starters down the road, this would be one of their best drafts ever (although that may not be saying much). I wanted them to take DeCastro badly however if Coples turns out to be the pass rusher they envision, I would take him over a OG any day. Even if the OL improves, this team isn’t going anywhere until they can pressure Brady consistently. Let’s see what happens against the Giants front 7

35. By danny on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Carolina and Cinci both have a MUCH better O line then us so can’t compare QB’s. Heck CW Post has a better O line then us

36. By Frank DeMartino on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

To Tony Sporano….
    The heck with the wildcat.
    Isn’t there an offensive coordinator on the planet smart enough to get Tebow in as H-Back, Wing, TE or slot receiver on every play. We don’t have a top 15 running back, what better way to build a running game than to have defenses have to account for Sanchez, Tebow, Green and Holmes at the same time. The wildcat only works when teams don’t scheme for it. Put Tebow in the slot, in motion on every play will slow the pass rush, open passing lanes for Sanchez and get Tebow some nice rushing numbers. As Bill Parcel’s said football coaches aren’t football coaches because they got “A”‘s in Physics. Tebow is a good weapon but also a great decoy.

37. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

C’MON, Spicer, neither Bradford nor Freeman had ANYTHING LIKE the rookie years Dalton and ESPECIALLY Newton had last year!

38. By TimtKohl on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

All this talk about bad O-Line? We had 3 pro bowlers last year. We have one bad spot, I wanted Hunter gone as well, but they can help him with an extra blocking TE. If you wanna stop the pass rush we need to run and use play action, or more 3 step drops. Chad Schilens is a bum, Hill needs time right away. The real problem is Greene, I want to see more of Ganaway. We should have picked up Benson or trade Tebow for MJD!

39. By SCfromNY on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

I like the Tebow for MJD trade idea. Jax wanted Tebow and Gabbert was not very good in his rookie year. Plus Tebow could help pray for wins. Jax needs all the help they can get.

40. By Tom Spicer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

TimtKohl, Who of the 3 guys on our O line can you tell me really deserved to make the pro bowl & didnt make it off of name reputation? Brick? He had the 2nd worst year he has ever had last year & the worst one was his rookie year! Moore coming off of back surgery was a shell of him self. So all that 3 guys in the pro bowl is garbage all they time the best guy does not make it. The most popular guy does!

41. By Tom Spicer on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64, Before we put Newton & Dalton in the hall lets see them play more than 1 year.

42. By Tom from Bricktown on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Is Rich Caster and David Knight out there somewhere, possibly Al Woodall ?

43. By ron alexander on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

CJF, Hey, your a funny guy! I hear there are thousands of comedians out of work these days. I guess thats why you have time to visit us here? Yeah, your probably right! Us low life’s have nothing better to do than visit this blog and complain? Of course I suppose it doesn’t matter that most of us here have been long time season ticket holders and as such have at least a little emotional and perhaps even financial interest in this team? PSL’s and tickets are not cheap,But no, I’m sure that doesn’t count for much to you?
    Of course, you do have the option to not visit this site so you wont have to listen to all the whineing that goes on here? But I hope you have a nice day, and please…. visit us here again.

44. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Don’t make me laugh, CJF (what does that stand for, “Clueless Jerk Fan”?), I COULD do better running this team and, judging by their posts, so could at least 15 or 20 of the folks who post regularly on this site. Spicer, I’m not putting Dalton or Newton in any HOF. All I ever said was that in his 1st yr, Newton had a season that Sanchez would give Kate Upton to have in his 4th.

45. By a57se on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Well I am glad to see not much has changed here at NY Jets.com! Still a bunch of negative Nellies crying about every little thing, bashing the FO, Coaches and players! Even Ira has joined the chorus………you guys give Jets fans a bad name…..

46. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

What’s all this talk about Roy Williams , Hasn’t anyone heard, he’s buying unclaimed storage lockers in Texas,(( Tom64 )) Ha, good one About bed time for bonzo >> .CJF .<<< one thing is clear certainly hasn't been a fan that long, Guys like Tom 64, Ira, Spicer, scjoe and Myself to name a few, not only have earned the right to say what we do, we lived their pain . What we forgot about the NY Jets you'll never know

47. By scjoe on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Ron A/64, some guys would rather bury their heads in the sand, or worse, then take a real close look at reality. They just seem to think that pointing out the real hard facts of the matter is being negative, clueless, and idiotic. Somehow, they are under the impression that by ignoring the facts and inducting the entire roster and it’s coaching staff (and FO) in to the HOF would translate in to more Ws on Sunday”s. Then of course, you always are given that illustrious ultimatum to “stop being a fan” Yea right, try that after 52 years.

48. By scjoe on Aug 16, 2012 | Reply

Do CJF and a57se share one brain? Or are they one and the same? You both must have tons of sand in your back yards.

49. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, MJV, scjoe, and ron a, the fact is veteran Jet fans give football a GOOD name, as opposed to what a57se thinks, because they stick around even after more than 40 yrs of total frustration. Oh well, when it gets really bad I go watch old O’Brien to Walker clips, even if we didn’t win anything then, either — but at least back then (and I still like that helmet better than the one we have now) we acknowledged that you have to throw the ball, score pts, and be explosive to get anywhere in this league! (The old Joe clips can be a little too painful to watch, given the disparity between the SB yr and now.)

50. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

That’s funny, scjoe, I thought the same thing about CJF and a57se. I guess the best I can say is that some people think that speaking up in the face of problems in the interest of solving those problems is the ultimate crime and I’ve just never lived that way.

51. By GaryC on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

To CJK,fan is short for fanatic,not shill,even a fan can have a negative opinion on things that they love,do you always agree with your wife or girlfriend,but you stick with them,same goes for your sports team,constructive critique to get better.

52. By Jimmer on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

Going way back to Ira, Cro needs to stick to CB. Remember the game he botched the KO? He could no longer play CB after that in the game. He can’t put a bad play behind him.

53. By scjoe on Aug 17, 2012 | Reply

64, Ron, GaryC, MJV, etc.etc.etc. Lets put this “negativity” thing here in to it’s proper perspective for all to see, read, and hear, once and for all. I would be willing to bet my last nickel that if the NY Jets start the season with 3, 4, or 5 games reminiscent of the Bengal’s “debacle” of last week that all of the CJFs and a57se’s of the world would be the very first to jump off of the band wagon. Never to be heard from again. THAT, is the “real” NY Jets fans that they refer to themselves as. Talk about hypocrisy!

54. By ron alexander on Aug 18, 2012 | Reply

a57&MJV I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess neither of you will read this,but on the off chance you do, here goes: I’m not sure what your definetion of a “fan’ is, but as GARYC has pointed out it derives from the word fanatic. So all of us fanatic’s here on Randy’s site have emotionally and financially supported this team.Most for over 20,30 or 40+ years.Now, I dont know how you feel but I believe I can speak for the rest of us here when I say after 43 years of frustration we would like to see some hope for the future.When the people hired to run the team continue to make obvious mistakes that lead to more frustration are we supposed to blindly stand up and cheer?Come on dudes, get your head out of the sand,blind loyalty is ignorence

55. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Aug 18, 2012 | Reply

Good pt, scjoe, I notice that some of the most “optimistic” Jet fans become Patriot or Cowboy fans after a few yrs of misery of the kind many of us have endured since, oh, we couldn’t get into the end zone in the Kansas City playoff game. Okay, it wasn’t all misery after that, but if you’d told me that day that by the time I qualified for AARP membership we still wouldn’t have won another SB, I would’ve been incredulous. Good pt on Cro, Jimmer, that was devastating when he got injured off the KO. But then, I suspect this position-switching stuff is just Rex shuffling deck chairs on the S.S.Titanic Jets before he goes back to coaching D somewhere, probably on one of the lesser NFL teams and that’s if he’s lucky.