• Sun., May. 04, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Draft Show Prior to 1st RD of NFL Draft
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 6:30PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

• Sun., Jun. 08, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 15, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

Maybin Still Gets a Charge out of Playing the Bills

Posted by Randy Lange on September 6, 2012 – 5:41 pm

Almost enough time has passed now for Sunday’s Jets-Bills game to be just another season-opener for Aaron Maybin.

Almost.

“It’s not necessarily over. Something like that ‘s never over,” Maybin told me this afternoon in the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center locker room about being cut by the Bills less than 13 months ago. “As a player you never … give me a minute to say this the right way … you never forget the way you felt when a team let you go, when you feel like you had an opportunity taken away from you.”

But let’s not push the revenge angle too hard for Maybin’s third meeting against the team that took him 11th overall in the 2009 draft. It’s not exactly like that.

“Do I hold any contempt or resentment towards that organization? No,” he said, in fact without any seeming contempt or resentment. “They drafted me. A part of the reason my life is what it is right now, they gave me an opportunity to play the game I love at the highest level you can reach in this profession.

“I don’t think I’m ever really going to get over how the whole situation out there transpired because that wasn’t how I wanted it to work out. I wanted things to go well. But it was what it was. Me being in the position I am now with this team, I’m just excited to be blessed enough to still have the opportunity to do what I love on an every-day basis and it’s to go out and compete against the team I started at.”

In other words, no hard feelings, but here comes No. 51 at you again.

That’s kind of how Maybin played the Bills last season. In his first encounter, back up at Ralph Wilson Stadium, which he called home his first two NFL seasons, he pressured Ryan Fitzpatrick into an interception late in the first half and forced LT Andy Levitre into a holding penalty in the fourth quarter.

Then three weeks later at MetLife Stadium, Maybin picked up some of the gold currency of his pass-rushing trade, two sacks of Fitzpatrick to force three-and-outs, plus a half-tackle for loss of C.J. Spiller and a 15-yard penalty on RT Erik Pears for unnecessary roughness.

But Maybin is still mindful of trying to not turn Sunday’s third rematch with the Bills into a personal crusade.

“The games against Buffalo have never been about me. I never wanted myself to be a distraction. I didn’t want the attention to be centered on me just because of the storyline,” he said. “I think that’s doing a disservice to my teammates and my coaching staff because it makes all the work we’ve been putting in, not just for this game but for the start of this season, seem like it’s less important than it really is.”

Maybin remains a dangerous component to the Jets defense, not because of who the opponent is but because of who he is, a guy who wants to make big plays, as a pass-rusher, a punt-rusher or elsewhere, to help his team win and launch them past all the offseason and preseason blah-blah-blah and headlong into the 2012 season.

But as he reminds in case we forgot, “This game is always going to be a game I get charged up for. I don’t think that’s ever going to go away.”

Thursday I-Report

Similar to DT Sione Po‘uha’s self-prognosis earlier in the week, TE Dustin Keller today left no doubt he thinks he’ll be ready to rock and roll vs. Buffalo despite his hamstring. “If everything keeps going the way it’s been going, I’ll be fine for the game,” Keller said today. “It’s getting better.”

Head coach Rex Ryan sounded cautiously optimistic regarding QB Mark Sanchez’s favorite target for the last two seasons combined (averaging 6.7 targets and 3.8 catches a game for the Jets’ 35 games in 2010-11). “Dustin looked decent running yesterday. I don’t think he was ready to play and run 100 percent,” Ryan said. “I’m still hopeful he’ll play against Buffalo. We’ll see.”

Keller was limited in team drills today after not participating Wednesday. S LaRon Landry (heel), who was a full participant Wednesday, did not work in team drills today — as part of a season-long plan to give Landry’s foot one day of no team drills during the week — along with S Eric Smith (hip/knee), who’s not a likely participant Sunday. RB-KR Joe McKnight (hamstring) and LB Nick Bellore (shoulder) were full-go’s today, as was rookie WR Stephen Hill, who was added to the list with a calf situation.

Two changes on the Bills’ short I-list: WR Stevie Johnson (groin) went from limited to not participating, while G Kraig Urbik (low back) reversed that, going from DNP to limited.

Tags: , , , ,

50 Responses to “Maybin Still Gets a Charge out of Playing the Bills”

1. By Another Tom on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Maybin and our D are gonna have Dominate and play near flawless football for the Jets to hang close in every game..especially early in the season..conditioning will be huge. Holmes has quickly become my least favoite Jet..Too bad they are over -paying Him big time! who would want Him at that price? I think were stuck …Jets 13 – Bills 12 ( One defensive TD for us- Maybin sack/strip/recovery/ TD )

2. By Bennett on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Lets see if someone never played a contact sport the are unable to comment on this site The fact that I am not interested enought to respond to your seemingly endless stream of similar posts makes me a “pollyanna”… ohhh… good one.. got me there… WHO YOU CALLIN.POLLY ANNA MAN ? and because I don’t choose to respond specifcally to your constant repetitive, inaccurate boring posts I should get out…because why ? I can’t ” stand the heat” ? Danny was a school yard bully so you “cleverly” had to put him in his place as you are the self appointed” vindactor ” of the site, Who is Sandra Fluke ?… no.. don;t answer .. I think I heard enought from you why don’t you go away for awhile you are no longer interesting,or really relevant

3. By joe trus on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

I am sick and tired of hearin al of the negative comments concerning the jets and Tim Tebow.I have a great idea on how to shut up everyone. Call Tim Mr. X for X factor and put him in the backfield with Mark Sanchez and use him as a halfback,or blocker for Mark on pass plays or quarterback on wildcat plays without taking Mark out of the line-up and keep the defenses completely
    confused during the entire game.WOW just thnk about it

4. By Tom Spicer on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

I am starting to get worried about this Keller situation. I am not worried about Pouha cause I think we would not miss a beat with Ellis. But if Keller is out we could be in big trouble with Holmes being the only proven WR on the team we need Keller to play big time. If you take a look at him his numbers have gone up every year. Sparano loves to use the TE this could be a break out year for him.

5. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

We’ll know we’re making progress at LB if by mid-season Davis and Maybin are playing more and Thomas and Scott are playing less.

6. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

Re the O, see why I argued for going after V Jackson or somebody as good in the off-season? Let’s say we’d passed on a couple of dumb business decisions (reworking Sanchez’s deal, re-signing Hunter and Pouha, picking up Tebow and Schilens) and signed VJ for, say, 3 yrs,drafting Hill and White as well. Would we all be in such despair over the O with Holmes, Jackson, and Kerley as the 3 WRs and Hill and White looking to earn their snaps? Or would we more likely be saying well, you can’t say Sanchez doesn’t have anybody to throw to and that’s what we’re going to need under Sparano’s “big chunks” approach? You see, folks, the big problem with always rationalizing failure is it keeps you from focusing on other possible solutions to problems.

7. By IRA on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I have been saying it since the sping Maybin should get double digit sacks this year. I would be surprised if Keller is anything more than a decoy this week and thats why i feel Kerley and the RB’s could have a big day catching the ball.
    I recommend the Jets pullout section of the NY Daily News today. Its a good read out together by Randy and i really enjoyed the story about Curtis and Byrd.
    GO JETS!!!!

8. By SCfromNY on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I wish Maybin the best of luck and hope he can be a force. While he doesn’t have prototype size many great pass rusher did not. jason Taylor was on the slim side although taller. Back i the day the Giants had a psyco end named Fred Dryer who did not fit the mold but was a force. In a way i almost hope keller doen’t play. Perhaps the Jets would realize they are one play away from losing their only viable TE and sign or trade for one. I would give Winslow a serious look.

9. By Jet Blue on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Rex seems to be “cautiously optimistic” about a lot of things this pre-season. Many ESPNers are predicting great leaps for Buffalo this yr. Maybe so, but aside from improving their Def front, not so much has changed. This was not a dominant team last year and if the Jets don’t win this game, at home, I see the wheels beginning to come off early in the locker room.
    JFS64Tom, keep it coming brother. Let guys like Spicer call names and attack you with pre-packaged stats. That game against Pitt said it all about Rex. Spent more time preparing for his press conference jokes than for the game. I don’t have the time to post much, but I love the way you don’t back down. I got them at 2-6 halfway thru. I hope I’m wrong.

10. By Tom Spicer on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I just read in the local paper the Jets have the highest ticket prices out of any team in the NFL.

11. By Tom Spicer on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe, You keep comparing Schilens to Hill saying they have the same size & speed. But 1 was a 7th round pick 1 was a 2nd round pick. 1 went the a big time football school & the other 1 did not (I think). 1 has a track record of not being able to stay healthy & has done nothing with years under his belt in the NFL. So there is a significant differnece between the two.

12. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I’ve Been touting Maybin even before Buffalo picked him, I watched this Kid all through College, when on, he”s uncanny, I”m waiting the Day he plays an entire game… Pace, Scott, and Thomas, most here say they”re to slow and long in the tooth,I agree to a certain extent, Way I see it.. what they lack in speed they”ll make up in experience, all 3 are solid run stoppers , our back end is now in good hands, so no worries there. Please some one explain why Kyle Wilson is still on this team… talk about slow, this kid gets dusted 90% out there . I believe Powell will be a good one given the chance

13. By GaryC on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

yes jetfantom,finally something we agree on,the jet linebacking situation,it is the only group I know that can make even Plastico fast.How many more times this year do we see a team do a crossing pattern at the goalline and Scott stands their like he is in quicksand.

14. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

“Well, I know what’s right…I got just one life…” Yeah, Jet Blue, what’s the pt of backing down? Especially when building a great team is such a lot of work. Folks like Bennett seem to think it’s something that other people should give you, like Sandra Fluke and her birth control pills (which by the way I must legally pay for under my private health insurance plan, though I don’t see anybody rushing to pay for anything for me). Hey Bennett, sorry defending the Jets beyond all reason has reduced you to illiteracy. Don’t sweat that, I can tell by your posts you’ve got plenty of yrs to solve that one. But it doesn’t just start with English classes, it starts with holding people you deal with accountable — starting with the Jets FO and HC.

15. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Off topic, Holmes needs to catch the ball with his hands not his mouth, I’m getting so tired of these Million Dollar Brats, He talks about a Team mate being rattled, lets talk about him selling out last season, No wonder Sanchez didn’t throw to him,I am all for never giving a long term big money deal unless you prove your worth, Unfortunately, The Welkers of the world get stiffed because all they do day in and day out, is keep quiet play their hearts out and win Super bowls,Then told take it or leave it,

16. By Chicago Bob on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I have said it before……….it may sound crazy however I wish the Jets would have given Tebow some reps at TE – at 6’3″ he is not Rob Gronkowski size however that is a good-sized target. He can obviously run and I am sure he is strong enough to be a competent blocker. Either that, or consider using him at OLB in the same role they use Maybin – just don’t think it is in the cards for him to be an everyday QB in the NFL. Seems like wasting a lot of talent having him a one-trick pony in the Wildcat.

17. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Hey Spicer, see, there’s something we agree on even now! I’ve been trying to tell scjoe about those differences between Hill and Schilens for months, maybe he’ll hear it from you. That doesn’t mean I think those factors guarantee Hill’s gonna be a star, but I’ll sure start over with someone like Hill rather than giving Schilens still another chance that, so far, he’s not even healthy enough to take. scjoe, does that pen name mean you live out here? You must’ve seen Schilens showing flashes of potential and then getting hurt time and time again on the Raiders if you do.

18. By Stevesc on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I’m tired of hearing the wildcat being labeled as a trick play or a gimmick play…
    The bottom line is teams are lined up eleven on eleven. Who ever gets the snap from center is either going to hand it off, run with it or throw it. Where is that any different than what a quarterback normally does? Most teams run so called deception plays multiple times during a game, so what’s the difference? If I’m wrong, please educate me.

19. By Frank Verde on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Young fans should realize that many of the “reality” posts here also appear in “Chicken Little” and “Alice in Wonderland.” In Wonderland, the Queen of Hearts parades around shouting, “The Owner’s no good. The GM’s no good. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! The HC, QB, OL, RBs, WRs, LBs–Revis wants money. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!” Just as in Wonderland, all of the Jets aren’t going to lose their heads. Never confuse opinions with reality. Reality actually happens. The Jets season is about to actually happen. Go Jets!

20. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Stevesc. direct snap from center to Rb or receiver to name just one ….

21. By Jet Blue on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Bennett, why not spend time posting thoughtful and insightful comments rather than attacking opinions of others. The Jet fan that refuses to admit that the team is not what we wanted and hoped they would be is like the parent who takes the “not my kid” approach to parenting. You can pretend all you want but 1969 was a really long time ago. Do you really think the Jets are ready to compete with teams like the Ravens, Pats, GB, Phil, etc? They lost to Oak, Miami, and Denver last year, and looked bad doing it. It starts with the HC and the QB (Sean Payton/Drew Brees) Enough excuses about not enough weapons and too many sacks. Get the team ready to play, and admit when your QB is not going to be Aaron Rogers…….or even Trent Dilfer.

22. By Jake on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know if I have ever been more nervous for a season opener. taking into conideration I’m only 21 and only have about ten seasons of Gang Green fanhood under my belt, but this season is make it or break it for about three quarters of this team. If the Jets collapse this season it will be a long re-building period tell we get back to being actually relevant, not making bonehead publicity stunts like signing Tim Tebow to sell seats and get meida coverage. To my elder much wiser Jet fans on this site, what season opener made you the most nervous?

23. By Bennett on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Jet Fan Tom 641/16 After reading you for awhile I noticed in your constant verbal duels sooner or latter you always question some ones writing spelling etc. like that will make up for your lack of a resonable argument. You also always, for some reason bring up ” contact sports” like that is some kind of definitive test. To me “you protest to much” which calls in to question if you ever played a “contact sport” or embelished your JV days. Any way I have no desire to engage with you, it bores me, you bore me, … you can have the last word…OK fella?..feel better already.?

24. By SCfromNY on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

So all Buffalo did was improve it’s D and their O is still the same with holes and will probably implode by med season? Sound like any other team we know? The showdown with Pitt for the Champioship was everyone’s fault. The Jets played their SB the week before against NE and came out flat. Enough blame to go around. BUT the play calling on the Jets last series can not be explained by anyone. There is a lot of sniping going on lately. I guess like the players we need some real meat to get at.

25. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

To answer your question, Jake, the home opener that made me the most nervous was against the Browns in the first AFL-NFL merger year which was fall of ’70, as I recall. Back in those youthful days, I thought the Jets could do no wrong, still couldn’t understand how we didn’t win the SB 2 yrs in a row. But I had a feeling that game, which as I recall was also the first Monday Night Football game ever, might be a cold slap in the face and it turned out to be just that, especially when Joe threw the INT that sealed our loss. What a long, strange trip it’s been… Frank Verde, nothing wrong with saying “Off with their heads” when it’s justfied, especially if you swear by the Parcells’ “Better the yr before than the yr after” thing, which I do.

26. By Frank Verde on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Jake, relax. You’re unlikely to get much consensus here. The start of the season could be a rough ride. A new offensive staff and the WRs recovering from hamstrings are problematic. The trainers and conditioning staff must get a handle on these avoidable injuries. But the sky isn’t falling. I don’t remember New Yorkers being so provincial. Talk about a circus: Broadway Joe’s fur coats and pantyhose; Riggin’s Mohawk ‘do. Those were fun times!

Remember, those who can, do. Those who can’t, criticize. Everyone has opinions, so most opinions don’t reach the level of an educated guess. Go Jets!

27. By Charliejet on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Jake – All of em’ !

28. By Tom Spicer on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Jetblue, You want to talk to Bennett about his posts well let me talk to you about yours. Your hate for Mark Sanchez is so strong it blinds you. You come to this site & talk absolute GARBAGE! Do you even look into things before you post? Above you say Mark is not Rodgers yea ok only 2 other guys in the world are Brady & Brees thats it. Than you say he is not even Trent Dilfer REALLY! Dilfer had 1,500 yards 12 TDS & 11 picks the year he won the Super Bowl SORRY Mark did better than that as a rookie! Dilfer in 14 years in the NFL Dilfers career high was 2,859 yards Mark had about 3,500 passing yards the last 2 years. Dilfers career high in 14 years was 21 TDS Mark had 21 TDS 2 years ago & 32 last year. You can not compare the 2 thats like me

29. By Tom Spicer on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

saying Mark Sanchez is better then Tom Brady everyone would laugh at me. Well that is how crazy you statement is saying Mark is not better than Trent Dilfer.

30. By Tom Spicer on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe, A few posts ago Gary C said Mark was going to throw for 250 yards & 2 TDS vs the Bills & you said no way. The last time we played the Bills Mark had 4 TD passes. So I will take that bet as well I say Mark has 250 yards & 2 TDS this week vs the Bills.

31. By GaryC on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

yes jetfantom,how can you forget that cleveland brown,Billy Andrews sealed the jets fate that first Monday night,I also believe Clifton McNeil had a runback for the Browns.

32. By GaryC on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Tom Spicer,yes I will stick by what I said about Sanchez in this game,he will need help but hopefully Holmes has his head in the game and Keller is close to one hundred percent and we keep Tebow on the bench.

33. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, what’s lacking in your comparison with Sanchez and Dilfer is this , One was a # 5 in the draft paid a kings ransom, the other, a second string player which teams and fans had no great expectations, who happen to get his team to a Super Bowl… Now if you’ll admit Sanchez should play the same role as Dilfer then I may agree, oh wait! Dilfer stills has a Super Bowl .no comparison OK Spicer if you say so

34. By Charliejet on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

It is one thing to try and predict winning records, but when fans start predicting touchdown/interception ratios, QB stats, sacks, touchdowns thrown etc. is ludicrous. Stop already. That goes hand in hand with those same fans that come on this blog and say “WHAT DID I TELL YOU” – always after the fact when something happens.

35. By Jake on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Frank Verde – what I was getting at was in alot of past season, we knew basically what the team was and how the scheme, good or bad, was going to be executed. This year, a package that suposidly is going to feature up to 20 snaps a game, hasn’t even been “unveiled” yet. We have no real idea how our WRs are going to be game planed. I just don’t remember having a season where so much is being kept under wraps. Does anyone know who the #2 WR is going to be tomorrow? is it going to be Hill? is Schillens going to be ready to go?

36. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Bennett, when folks post nothing but personal insults or write things like YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL over and over, they’re losing it. I tell them that, too, but I point out their inability to spell or write a sentence to encourage them to get a grip if they want to engage in a real discussion, even a fun, sparring one. As for contact sports, Chrissy Hynde once said the only people who should be writing about rock ‘n’ roll are people who can play it. While I don’t say only people who played football, like me, should write about it, I’ll certainly speak up when me or somebody else on this site is insulted personally by someone who has no idea of what it’s actually like on the field. Mr T sure could’ve used some time on the field!

37. By Jet Blue on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Spicer: C’mon, you can do better than that. Garbage? Ouch. U hurt my feelings. But there you go again quoting your newspaper stats. My point about Dilfer had nothing to do with stats. My point was that despite his shortcomings as a QB, he still won a SB. Aint happening with ya boy Sanchez. He’s got fear in his eyes. Name one game where he lit it up and gave any indication that he’s ready to take over this offense and lead by example. He’s ready to start his 4th NFL season and we’ve already seen better QB play from last year’s rookies, and this year’s too. QB is all about nstincts. Where are the instincts? When does MS read a defense and audible for a big play? You want to go toe to toe with me on the Jets, bring it.

38. By Frank Verde on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Jake, Rex says Hill is his #2 WR. Schillens may be ready physically, but needs reps. I take Tony at his word; they’re going to try some chunk plays. My guess is that the Jets attack on the ground to soften up the Bills’ pass rushers. That would give Howard his best chance to acclimate. If the OL holds its own, they’ll throw deep. If MS finds a rhythm, the WC or Option will be very limited. This game isn’t life or death. It’s a new offense which Tony has to demonstrate is viable enough to score on good teams (as the season progresses). If not, the playoffs are pointless. It would be a shame to waste an awsome defense. Go Jets!

39. By PIEMAN on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

GAME TIME !
    HOPE ALL GOES WELL TOMORROW ! MAYBIN IS FUN TO WATCH AND LOOKS LIKE HE’S GONNA STICK AROUND AWHILE. KENDRICK.ELLIS HAS LOOKED PHENOMINABLE ” PLAYING LIKE HIS HEAD IS ON FIRE” AT D/T AND WITH SOME LUCK OUR TWO BIG DEFENSIVE ENDS CAN MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TOO. THE SECODARY IS A LOCK
    OFFENSE NEEDS TO SAY HELLO TO THE END ZONE, HOPEFULLY WITH A WIDE RECIEVER, GIVING THE RUNNING GAME A BIT OF ROOM TO ROAM, MR. GREEN CAN USE THE HELP.
    LIVING IN FLORIDA, I’M UNDER CONSTANT ATTACK FROM DOLPH FANS “A SCUMY LOT THEY ARE” AND NEED A WIN TO STICK TO THOSE HOSE BAGS
    NOT GOING TO PAY $200.00 ON THE FOOTBALL PACKAGE FROM DIRECT T.V, ONLY TO FIND THE JETS ARE A BUST THIS SEASON.

JOE KLECKO IS GOD

40. By cJf on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Boy, we have the most negative, miserable, pessimistic fan base on earth.

41. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

OK ,time to uncover this great wildcat we’ve all heard so much about, Shhhh don’t tell Buffalo, or they might prepare for us, GO Jets

42. By Tom Spicer on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Mike Jet Vet, Dilfer was a first round pick & payed a kings ransom as well. Dilfer had less TDS in his Super Bowl year than Mark had as a rookie. He had less to do with his Super Bowl win than maybe any QB ever. By the way how are Sam Bradford & Josh Freeman working out? Get a clue!

43. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

No, cjf, we have some fans, including vets like myself, who aren’t easily fooled. As Kurt Cobain sang, “I wish I was like you/Easily amused” — well, not really. Frank Verde, I think you make some good pts, especially about Hill. But one thing you’re dead wrong about is the importance of today’s game. As Boomer said, given the toughness of the first 8 games on the schedule, it’s absolutely a must-win, even if it has to be ugly.

44. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Ok Spicer I stand corrected

45. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

(((first game))) I will humble myself, Sanchez played excellent, Hill and Kerney played better than expected for sure, Defense as expected did a good job , I will further my complements at Pittsburgh, on how they react under duress, or coming from behind, They still made stupid mistakes, clock wise giving up 17 late, Dumb penalties, I stick to my guns Stop with the fire Rex nonsense, Powell the better back not Canaway ,Like I said , Landry and Bell finally will fill that nagging Safety void we have for so many years ..Ira my apologies, you were wrong they hung 48 on em not 31 kudos, I know Spicer will be spouting off like a busted fire hydrant , Lets see Sanchez repeat next week, then I’ll rejoice along with you Spicer

46. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Wise of you to keep from getting too excited off this one game, MJV, especially since 24 of our 34 pts on O were set up by the D. And because if we didn’t look good vs. BUF today, the odds of us beating SF, HOU, NE, and PIT weren’t gonna be too good. But one thing you’re wrong about — Rex is one of the biggest things standing in the way of this team’s success. Every single good thing that happened on O today was the opposite of what Rex would’ve done and that’s a tribute to Sparano. Hell, Hill and Kerley might not even have gotten many snaps today if it was up to Rex, he might’ve forced Mr T to pick up another “vet” like Plax, Mason, or Schilens. (There, GaryC, that one’s just for you!)

47. By SCfromNY on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Well while one game is not a body of work and Buffalo wasn’t NE it does give cause to some optomism. I hope they can maintain the turnovers and passing for more than 10 yards. Even if the defense set them up the offense looked good. BTW where was the awesome Bills D? Where was the dynamic wildcat? Where was the big Tebow difference? Stop tricks and play ball like this week every week. Is Spicer the happiest Jet fan today?

48. By Tom Spicer on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Mike Jey Vet, I am sorry I should not have said get a clue. That was wrong of me.

49. By Tom Spicer on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Jet Blue, When does MS read a defense and audible for a big play? Just about all day this past Sunday!

50. By frank on Sep 12, 2012 | Reply

maybin should have no animosity at all towards the bills….they were patient with him and he was given every opportunity in the world to not only make the team but to start.for a few years …….he didnt help his own cause by holding out and signing a huge contract late by hindering his own development