• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 3:30 PM EDT Live Coordinators Press Conference Jets STC Thomas McGaughey, OC Marty Mornhinweg & DC Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Nov. 01, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Open Mic – Only on SNY

• Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Extra Point – Only on SNY

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

Sounds Like Howard’s Ready for His Jets RT Debut

Posted by Randy Lange on September 7, 2012 – 5:05 pm

Austin Howard described what his pregame routine might sound before he takes those first reps under the Jets’ right tackle spotlight against Mario Williams and the Buffalo Bills on Sunday afternoon.

“You get the music going and you start focusing on specific plays, different scenarios that may happen throughout the game,” said Howard, the 6’7″, 333-pound third-year man who’s been a Jets starter for all of three preseason games. “You just really get focused and zoned in on what you’ve got to do.”

What music might be on the Howard iPod? “I like hip-hop, sometimes I like slow music,” he said. “I like a wide variety. I couldn’t tell you that I have a favorite artist. I even like the old school artists, like Sam Cooke.”

Now Sam Cooke is someone from my generation. But what does that tell us about how Howard will fare under the blare of the opening-day playlist against the Bills’ vaunted rebuilt D-line? By about 4:15 Sunday afternoon, will it be a “Wonderful World” (No. 2 on the U.S. R&B charts in 1960) for him or will he have found himself on a “Lonely Island” (No. 10, 1958)?

We’ve seen any number of Jets offensive linemen come and go over the years. Some hold up quite well and settle in for long careers in green and white; others impersonate the turnstiles at the MetLife Stadium gates.

We’ll know soon enough how things will go for Howard, but from this week’s practice and his time before the reporters in the locker room, he seems to be warming to the task at hand, not just on Sunday but for a longer haul. His patter is generally on the safe side, but his jaw his set, his stare is steady, and he even has allowed a smile to flash across his serious demeanor the past three days.

He’s very much in the O-line group mindset, deflecting questions of Super Mario into how the Jets’ line will show up against Williams and Mark Anderson at the ends and Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus at the tackles.

“As a unit, we’ve been preparing our butts off. Our coaches have made sure we’re prepared in the classroom, on the field, run-blocking schemes, pass-blocking schemes. They’ve made sure to prepare us in every aspect of the game, so we’re really excited and really looking forward to this weekend.”

But how about when it’s M.Williams at left end vs. Howard at right tackle, no TE help, no backs chipping out of the backfield, mano a mano?

One means of comparison for Howard and for Jets fans is how he did against Dallas’ DeMarcus Ware in his only prior regular-season start, at left tackle in the final game of the 2010 season for the Eagles, who had locked up the NFC East title and were locked in at the No. 3 seed. How does he rate Ware vs. Williams?

“They both have good motors, a lot of different moves, a lot of things you have to prepare for,” he said. “You have to study them very intently, take every opportunity you can to learn their different moves.”

And how did he fare vs. Ware?

“I gave up a couple of sacks to DeMarcus,” he said, unflinchingly. “That was a game I learned from and I’ll always remember.”

Whether he’ll have good memories or bad from Sunday’s first RS start as a Jet remains to be seen. Howard is tipping his hand only a little as to what he thinks is ahead.

“Honestly, I have no expectations. I know I have to go out there and be prepared for anything and everything,” he said. “People are going to watch who they’re going to watch. My thing is I expect more out of myself than anybody else expects out of me.”

And if it all works out for the O-line, the offense and the Jets in general, Howard and friends will be “Having a Party” (No. 4, 1962) come Sunday night.

Friday I-Report

The Jets’ injury list has 16 players on it, with only two listed as out for the Bills: S Eric Smith (hip/knee) and T Dennis Landolt (knee).

Ryan adds Sione Po‘uha to his “Out” list, saying the NT “won’t play,” although Big Bo is listed as questionable on today’s report.

Rex said “everyone else should be up, ready to go.” That includes TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) and DT Mike DeVito (calf), both of whom were limited in today’s team drills and are listed as questionable. But Keller was upbeat Thursday about his availability, and DeVito today said several times, “The calf’s 100 percent.”

G Brandon Moore (hip) and LB Bryan Thomas (ankle) were limited today but are probable, and nine players were full-go at practice and are probable, including S LaRon Landry (heel, DNP on Thursday) and WRs Santonio Holmes (ribs), Chaz Schilens (ankle) and Stephen Hill (calf).

Buffalo’s short list had two interesting groin developments today: Brad Smith was a full participant in team drills and is probable, while No. 1 WR Stevie Johnson was limited and is questionable.

Tags: , , , , , ,

116 Responses to “Sounds Like Howard’s Ready for His Jets RT Debut”

1. By MIKE on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Another Jets season about to begin. This Sanchez Tebow thing is gonna be there undoing. I honestly think that with Sanchez taking most snaps this is a 7 win team. But with Tebow playing all snaps they could win 10 games. If Tebow can manage the games like he did in Denver, with our defence, this team could win a few more game than expected. Look for Holmes role to be diminished this year and for Kerley to emerge.

2. By Whiztix on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Howard better be ready. Mario Williams is a handful. If he cant hold back Williams its going to be a long day for our offense. He definitely looked like a major improvement over Hunter in the game vs the Panthers in the preseason. I can’t wait to see how he does.

3. By MIKE on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Predictions

Jets under Sanchez: 13 TD 21 INT
    Record 7-9.
    Division record 2-4
    Greene eclipses 1000 yards
    Keller leads team with 61 catches
    Holmes role is diminished
    Revis is Revis
    Coples 12.5 sacks

Jets under Tebow by week 5, 9 pass TD, 7 rush TD, 5 INT’s
    Jets record 8-8 ( 0-4 under Sanchez)
    Division record 3-3
    Greene 800 yards
    Tebow 500 yards
    Keller leads team with 42 catches
    Holmes role is diminished
    Revis is Revis
    Coples 15.5 sacks

4. By harry-o on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

win and win big
    shut ‘em all up and the circus talk goes away
    if pre season was a taste of ‘ vanilla’
    then sunday better be the other 31 flavors plus toppings
    no holding back, don’t need another shotty
    every weapon , every game
    youz guyz can do this!

5. By SCfromNY on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

I wish Howard well. I have said before that good OC can work around a bad OL player. Anyone see the Dallas game?

6. By Simon on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

Truly hope you’re the solution Howard ! I loved the way you played recently !

7. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 7, 2012 | Reply

He better be — for everybody’s sake!

8. By GaryC on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Austin Howard starting Right Tackle,with Jason Smith warming up in the bullpen.

9. By Tom Spicer on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

He cant be worse than Hunter so it is a upgrade.

10. By Tom Spicer on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Mike, Pass whatever it is that you are smoking cause you got the good stuff.

11. By russ on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Play a competitive game every week..thats what builds a winning tradtion..like New England, Pittsburg.etc…Unfortunately the Jets are about putting our fires and never being ahead of the curve in preperation. Tannenbaum plays fantasy football throws away character players like Woodhead, Cotchery,forgets fundamentals of building strong line play in Off and Def and expectsus to buy into TBow when we has a better player in Brad Smith to run a wild cat…There is no running game for Jets this year, so dont start thinking playoffs….Slauson and Howard aren/t making it Tannenbaum…

12. By wayne on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Well, Jets have an experiment ongoing at RT and Bills got a brand new toy they want to have get off on the good foot……I’m bettin’ Howard sees a whole lota super Mario…..If Howard handles it well it will not only be a boost to his confidence but also stem some the tidal waves defense would send his way………He’s got the best or worst of scenarios right out the gate…..Same results as the Demarcus Ware encounter will not be acceptable.

13. By MIKE on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, it’s called optimism and I suggest you try some. I think all Jets fans could use some, at least till they get a new QB, GM and HC.

Answer this.
    If Tebow plays the same way he did last year and the Jets D plays up to its potential , would 8-8 be wishful thinking?

14. By GaryC on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

I kept thinking who Tebow reminded me of,a player who played a while ago,and then the name popped up.BOBBY DOUGLASS,boy you talk about a clone.

15. By IRA on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Howard likes S Cooke thats good taste in music for sure. Lets hope he can get the job done i am sure they will provide him with help too. The OL MUST control the Bills front four. Their LB’s are nothing to write home about so if the RB’s can get some holes to run through and get to that second level they could have a big day. Also i would expext the screen pass to be a big part of tomorrows plans to slow down that pass rsuh of the Bills.

16. By since shea on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

I expect to see a lot of draws and screens to slow down the pass rush. Holmes on quick slants. Not much down field although to open with a long throw or two downfield like Eli in their games could keep 8 out of the box on D giving us some running room. Howard must get help or he will be eaten alive by a true monster playing for real and for a new team. Havent seen any of the hyped Sparano fast offense but if we can play quick, even no huddle, we can tire the Bills D line. Finally, I hope we can do OK with the top secret wildcat, although I dont think it will be game changing. Here we go. Lets do it!

17. By Charliejet on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Hey the way I see it, the jets are in a “win-win” situation with Santonio. Why you ask? Well the way I figure it, if they get the ball to him and he produces great! If they don’t and he gets frustrated again he may very well ask to be traded. I know, I know logical but not rational….

18. By Sarasota Sam on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

It makes sense this week to put Smith in as a blocking TE just to get past Mario. Get the run game started. Keller is not 100% anyway.

19. By Charliejet on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Stop with the predictions please!

20. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

One thing I like about this season is that 6 or 7 games in, we’ll know a whole lot about the potential of the guys on this roster…and of the coaches…and the FO…and the owner? (We may have to wait for November 6 to learn more on that last one.)

21. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

Speaking for myself, MIKE, I’m plenty optimistic — about what will change on this team once we get “a new QB, GM, and HC.” since shea, is that supposed to be funny about “Holmes on quick slants”? That’s all we EVER throw to him anymore, and for 2 yds, not that Sanchez can always throw even those accurately. And I guess you mean we’re gonna be throwing screens to McKnight, since none of the other RBs are much good for YAC. Yeah, I like Sam Cooke too, Ira, especially the song that I sing after just about every Jet season — “A Change Is Gonna Come.” But at the rate we’re going, the progress in the civil rights movement is gonna have taken less time (about 400 years) than it’ll take us to win another Super Bowl…

22. By IRA on Sep 8, 2012 | Reply

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign a player or two after this win against Buffalo. Don’t like that Eric Smith has a hip problem. They can’t take a chance with the history of Landry getting hurt not to have a healthy backup and Bush already has got a concussion this year.
    I will throw in Cumberland tomorrow to make a few key catches.
    GO JETS!!!!

23. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

MIKE, i don’t mean to be rude but those are the worst predictions I’ve ever read. Coples 12 to 15 sacks???? That was it for me.

24. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Howard will allow sacks this season but he can’t be worse than Hunter. If Howard plays decent and Brick gets back to form, we will be fine on the O-line, I just worry about the depth. If the O-line is fine, then its up the QB to be smart with his decisions. Mark will throw interceptions no doubt, as do all QBs, I just hope he throws more TDs and wins games. I’m behind Mark Sanchez, wish him the best of luck.

25. By 40 year fan John on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Game 1 , I am nervous …Go Jets …..

26. By Monday Morning Quarterback on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

JETS KILL BILLS 37-9! (Experts Wrong Again)

27. By Monday Morning Quarterback on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

SANCHEZ ALL-PRO! DEFENCE ALMOST PERFECT! ONE UP & 15 TO GO!

28. By Monday Morning Quarterback on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

2012 JET IMPROVEMENTS!
    1) Tebow instead of Brunell!
    2) Sparano instead of Shotty!
    3) Dunbar instead of Carrier!
    4) Coples instead of ???!!
    5) Howard instead of Hunter!
    6) Landry insted of ???!!
    7) Bell instead of Leonard
    8) Hill instead of Buress!!
    9) 13-3 instead of 8-8!

29. By GaryC on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

open it up,don’t play scared,let Sanchez run the offense and hopefully I don’t have to hear Jetfantom comparing Sanchez to Newton.

30. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

In the interest of full disclosure — of others — I’ll tell the Jet Nation that Arte just called me, identifying himself as Monday Morning Quarterback in the two posts above. You know what they say about people who feel guilty about something they’ve done wrong often getting overcome by a strong need to confess. As for you and playing scared, GaryC, you’ve dug your own grave with the Sanchez to Newton comparisons…not that anyone will be making them after Newton’s a star and Sanchez is a back-up on Seattle. (I give that prediction at least a 50-50 chance.)

31. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

The jets have exploded on offense! I am so sorrry for doubting the offense! I know its only the first game, but I’m so excited right now, what a first half thus far! Mark Sanchez, gotta love it! Always believe in ya man. Prove the doubters wrong all season!

32. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

IRA, I’m with ya, I knew Kerley was a great player, and it has shown today thus far, punt return, then a TD, I’m typing this even before the half, so lets see what remains! J E T S Jets jets jets!

33. By wayne on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Well Ira, you got your 27 points……But as I posted a while back this was the game they had the greatest likelihood of winning. No one knows what the Bills have of offense really…..But I’m sure some will start dreaming of SB berth……Way to go GQ(how can I not root for a guy dating Eva)….And those who’ve already given up on the rookie WR……..Good win….They still gave up lots of big plays to a team with not many threats………………….Digits will be unhappy tonite.

34. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Major props to my man Mark Sanchez, Jeremy Kerley, Austin Howard, the Jets starting corners and LaRon Landry.

35. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Oooooo and Stephen Hill!!

36. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Lets keep this going guys, the Steelers D is a different animal.

37. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Mark looked like a veteran today, not the kid anymore. Zip on the ball, accurate, leading the team clearly. This is Mark Sanchez’s offense, not Tim Tebows. Good luck to both nonetheless.

38. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

I hope many fans realize that BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER WAS THE PROBLEM ON OFFENSE, Sparano called a great game, we threw deep, did play-action, had rythum.

39. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

My concern offensively is Shonn Greene though, I’m not sure he is going to be the halfback of this team.

40. By davetharave on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Was that enough quarterback for you ?

41. By GaryC on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

yes,if I remember correctly,sanchez would throw between 250-260 yards 2-3 touchdowns,scjoe and jetfantom who ridiculed those stats I threw out there,yes,I laid my cards on the table,just like the old west and it did not come up snake eyes.

42. By Arte Olde School Section 327 on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Ah yes.. Victory is oh so sweet isn’t it boys and girls?? After years and years of SOJ suffering, if not humiliating – games being GIVEN to the opponent – THANK GOD WE FINALLY GOT RID OF SHOTTY. If anyone has played sports for a coach they don’t respect, or have to execute some POOR play-calling EVERY TIME, you know what I mean.

Did you see today what happens when players WANT to play for their coach? This offense was EXCITING to say the least. Compared to the LAST 6 YEARS, even Cimini with his “oh the Wild Cat failed.” Try again Bozo!!

IT WORKED AS IN 48 PTS! FRANCHISE RECORD!!

Now TOM, you know we love you, BUT it’s time we ALL take off our bleeding SOJ contacts & throw them out! Rex, Woody, & even T-Baum are here to stay!

43. By danny on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

As I been saying for weeks preseason MEANS NOTHING. Great game today and so GLAD we drafted 2 young talented WR’s in Keller and Hill. Hill has the potential as i and a few others been saying to be a BEAST in this league. Our team is very talented and in no way in a rebuliding mode as a few older negative fans been saying. Sanchez played like a Veteran QB in his 4th yr ( except for bonehead toss for pick} and Landry is a BEAST. What a huge difference without Wayne Hunter on O line and Shottys 3yd outs to Keller or Green. Sanchez used his talented WR’s today that some older negative fans called the worst in the league. If u can judge talent as some of us can u would know we have the talent to be a good football team.

44. By danny on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

We got faster younger and more athletic this yr. We dumped Shotty, Wayne Hunter and replaced Eric Smith at safety. As I watched last yr I seen we have talent but these 3 guys were killing us. I agreed with Rex before the game today that this is the most talent we ever had. Our D is top 3 easy and our Offense has a veteran QB who is a winner and in his 4th yr ready to take off. With Hunter gone he has time to throw and not all shook out there. i know these negative fans will say ohh it’s one game but after next week and week after they will keep saying the same. Well I been saying and will keep saying this is a real good football team and were gonna win this yr. Awesome game today I loved every second watching it. Kerley and Hill baby

45. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Many things to like about this game, one of the best Sanchez has ever played for us, and most of them have to do with how useless Rex’s views of O are (ground and pound no factor, while it was a contest we were passing at a 4-1 yardage ratio to running, the Wildcat a complete waste of time, as it is for any team with a QB who can throw) and how promising Sparano’s “big chunks” O could be. And nobody tell me an OC who can get the Jets 34 pts mostly on passing on Opening Day isn’t ready to step in for our Stone Age on O HC. Lots of other good things like playing young guys (Hill, Kerley) and just seeing what they can do, which is unlike us, but more on that when Randy writes his story with space for posts…

46. By Charliejet on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

I dunno Tom – if that is true, Arte seems to be 2 for 2…. give him his due.

47. By GaryC on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

boy, that georgia tech offense really hurt Hills chances of succeeding.

48. By walt on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

All I can say is fantastic.It was great to see all those pundits who picked the Bills have to eat crow.I was a little suspect of Jeremy Kerley but happily he proved me wrong.I thought he was our weakest link in our recieiving corp.He showed some real speed during that punt return for a touchdown also.From what I can tell things look really good.

49. By cjf on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

So glad we beat the Buffalo Bums. Ive been sick of all the disrespect and trash talk for the last 6 months. I didn’t like the fact we took our foot off the gas and let the score 21 point they didn’t deserve but Trufant and Lankster were in and Bart Scott should have made the tackle instead of going for the strip. I love how Landry played. We finally have a hit man at safety who can knock people out of the game. Great job by the O-Line as well. Wonder what NFL Network and ESPN has to say now? GO JETS!! On to play the Squeelers.

50. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Arte, I’ll go back to our first phone call when we got Sparano, when we said we need someone at OC with nothing to lose and no reason to be afraid of Woody, Mr T, or last and certainly least Rex. But after that, you got nuthin’ on me. I’m the guy who said this yr should be Sanchez’s to sink or swim; the guy who said Tebow and the Wildcat are an enormous waste of time, as they were today; the guy who said Hill was a great pick and he should start no matter how many passes he drops in pre; the guy who said Rex, who wanted to pull Kerley off PR after one fumble, doesn’t know how to utilize him, as Sparano who — news flash to ground and pound and slant fans — ISN’T AFRAID TO THROW DOWNFIELD obviously does.

51. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

So in conclusion, Arte, why should it be ME who apologizes and not Rex and all his knee-jerk worshippers when we finally do what we have to do to go anywhere, i.e. run a modern, well-oiled, pass-first O? And that’s as much as I’ll get carried away for 1 game vs. BUF, who looked pathetic, lost one of the best RBs in the game, and put a rookie CB 1-on-1 on Hill. Yeah, Hill smoked him when BUF put everybody on Holmes, AND THAT’S THE WAY IT’S SUPPOSED TO WORK AND THAT’S WHY WE DRAFTED AND STARTED HILL AND THAT’S WHY TEBOW IS NOT ONLY WORTHLESS BUT USELESS! Now let’s see if we can play this well vs. PIT and that goes triple for Howard, who’s obviously key. Good call, Karan, Greene was mediocre till junk time, we won by passing aggressively.

52. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, Arte, I know 1 win sends you into SB hallucinations but you predict 16-0 every yr anyway. (That’s a joke, folks, if you heard the tone of the daily phone calls between me and Arte, you’d understand.) But hey Arte, let’s not make this just “I told ya so” from qtr-to-qtr, okay? You keep saying the Tebow trade’s gonna be the best in Jet history but I didn’t tease you over that today, did I? And you don’t see me berating scjoe just because Hill had a good debut, as scjoe deserves respect for his body of work on this site. Charliejet, I meant Arte wimped out by using a double-pen name. I’m fine with pen names because if I posted my real name, you guys might figure out who my Latina girlfriend is and then get why I think Eva is no big deal.

53. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

Cont. I will amend my comments as the weeks play out, I am as happy about today’s game as any fan here, and maybe just maybe Rex knew all along what we didn’t, he had a pro offense hidden, I’m Happy for Spicer as well, I Hope to celebrate along with you Bud as the weeks go by, But, I’m going to remain somewhat optimistic right now, Go Jets

54. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

On the Eat Crow front, I will take a little pleasure in watching Rex have to do so on Kerley and Hill. “We were expecting a big game from Jeremy today” my foot — all Rex did all summer was run him down McKnight-style, probably woulda cut him if he didn’t know that Schotty, who scouted him personally while Rex sat around drooling over FBs, woulda picked him up in a hot second. And Rex REALLY looks smart now riffing pointlessly 2 days before today’s game over how he didn’t want to draft Hill, doesn’t he?. Randy, I’d like to know when was the last time any rookie Jet WR had a first game as good as 5 for 89 with 2 TDs. My guess is at least as far back as Keyshawn, maybe as far back as Walker or even Sauer. Can you look it up? Thanks a lot!

55. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

This makes me hates Schottenheimer even more, this just shows he held us back all those years. I am so glad besides from the wildcat, we look like a NORMAL NFL OFFENSE. Loved every minute of it. Thank you Tony Sparano, we know every game will not be perfect, but this was an outstanding start. Sanchez was exceptional, he will throw picks this year no doubt, but he finally has an OC who will allow him to throw deep and Mark responds well to that. Don’t count out the wildcat yet Cimini, its only game one, Mark and Tim can make this work on some plays together I believe. Kerley and Hill, great talents.

56. By Karan on Sep 9, 2012 | Reply

I loved how almost everyone gets playing time, that is a great to keep everyone happy. Plenty of weapons now, Holmes, Kerl, Hill and Dustin the main guys. Turner, Schilens and Cumberland, very good back up/compliments. My only concern is Greene, he’s not fast coming off, but once he’s open, he can seriously plow. His initial reading has got to be better though. I feel like a fool for bashing the offense at times in the past, I guess it truly is all about patience. For Hill, what a debut, guy has long legs like Edwards did for us previously, Mark works great with those deep threats. Other than these WRs, I gave a TON of credit to Austin Howard and LaRon Landry. Landry is like all over the field. Howard continues to play very well.

57. By IRA on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Kerley became my boy last summer and he finally was used enough to show what he can do. Glad he also got the monkey off their back with a PR for a TD. Yes its the first regular season one since 02 the first since Moss returned one vs Pitt in the 04 season playoff game in Pitt.
    hats off to Howard for shutting out the 100 mill dollar man. And we got ouselves a good blocking TE in Reuland i thought he played very well.
    Hill surprised me and lets hope he can build one this game even though it came against weak CB’s.
    Cumberland was solid and they did this without Keller.

58. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

to JetFanTom,if Sanchez becomes backup quarterback in Seattle which you so eloquently had predicted,yesterdays performance probably will get us some extra draft picks.Also at least for a week we don’t have to hear bloggers asking the jets to bring back Braylon Edwards or Plastico.By the way good drop by Edwards yesterday in the Seattle game.

59. By IRA on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Can’t expect 24 pts off of TO’s every week but i thought the most impressive drive was a 15 play drive for 73 yds in the 2nd QT where Sanchez converted on three 3rd down passes that led to a Folk 25 yd FG.
    The OL was the big story yesterday and besides the 2 big runs they gave up to Spiller the rushing D was not bad.
    Not happy that they closed up shop after they were up 41-7. The D MUST learn from that.
    A’s across the boards for all including Fireman Ed who made the clown speech before the game. Kudos to him.
    GO JETS!!!!

60. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

who was that guy who said after I said Sanchez would throw between 250-260 yards how much of that yardage would be from yardage runback after interceptions.Make yourself known now.

61. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

JetFanTom, Sanchez must of learned a lot from watching Matt Barkley Saturday at the USC-Syracuse tilt at Metlife stadium,haha.

62. By Alex G on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Very good Decisive WIN fir the JETS , they need to carry that momentum into Hienz Field and continue to be aggressive on offense, Like what I saw but was getting a bit angry when every time Sanchez was getting comfortable they would pull him out for Tebow?? the wild cat is not scaring anyone.

63. By Alex G on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Another thing I want to point out their up big down in the redzone 4 and less then 1 and they try to get Buffalo off sides???? I thought they picked up Tebow for these very situations ?? if ever a time to use Tim that was the time to experiment with it, up big if it failed you lost 3 point but had buffalo deep in their own territory.

64. By Alex G on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

continued it it worked Tim scores or has the Jets with a 1st and goal and now the defense is totally depleted,and confused.

65. By SCfromNY on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Great way to start off the season. I am glad my “It’s only one game” mantra is for a win instead of a loss. I am glad I was wrong about Sanchez and hope he can maintain a winning pace. So far I was right about Tebow so it was kind of a wash in my predictions. While only the first week, for now most teams seem beatable. No one stood out except NE, 493rs, and Atlanta. A win against the Steelers next week should raise our confidence to the level we need to compete in the rest of the early schedule. I don’t think “ground and pound” was responsible for our win. As for comparrisons tpo newton . . . He did his version of the “Sanchez sulk” when he was no longer Superman.Maybe we will finally get “Hope and Change”!

66. By Jet Blue on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Well, I’ll certainly take the win but I’ll remain cautously optimistic. Bills played awful. MS had a good game, but I gotta shake my head at that INT he tossed. Just one example of the bone-headed mistakes he needs to eliminate. He also had some throws where accuracy wasn’t there and receivers had to leap or turn to catch the ball. How good would this offense be if the WR could catch the ball on the run and keep going? And, what was MS thinking on 3rd and 3, gingerly walking off the field after spiking the ball on 2nd down to stop the clock? Yes, we won, and it felt good. But the lack of effort, focus, & clock Mgmt in the 2nd half concerns me…Rex.

67. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

It only goes to prove that you need speed on the outside,the receivers get seperation,the quarterback does not have to be perfect with his throws and you get those chunks of yardage with athletes,not retreads.Sanchez average of 13 yards a reception and 70 percent completion percentage,not bad for starters.And all without Keller.

68. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

ScfromNY,thank you for mentioning Newton,but I won’t go there,I will give scjoe and jetfantom a break on that one,but one thing I will say,jetfantom has already giving up on Freeman like he said last week and he beat Fig Newton.

69. By Allan O'Dane on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Happy about the win yes..Offense played great…Bills defense was horrible. I got one concern…the tackling in the second half was as bad as it gets. NO WAY..NO HOW should buffalo put up 28 points on this defense!..I don’t care if we were up by 100 points!. What I want to see is the that killer instinct..that step on throat type of defense. That’s the difference between great and good. I know rex will have that cleaned up so I am not too worried. Bart needs to wrap up…Landry as fearsome as he is, he’s gonna hurt himself with launching head first all the time. “Dirty 30″ better start playing smarter because he’s on the verge of being flagged for personal fouls on a weekly basis and that might cost us a game. Pittsburgh next……..

70. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

What would be foolish, Karan, is thinking that one game against a terrible team answers all the questions that have built up over 4 yrs about Sanchez, as GaryC, to my surprise, is doing today. Of course, he’s hitting new lows by joining this “the quarterback does not have to be perfect with his throws” stuff, too. Jet Blue’s more cautious optimism looks infinitely smarter, from where I sit. SCfromNY, “ground and pound” wasn’t even noticeable in the game, at least when it was a game. The game was already over when MS had 241 yds passing and the whole team had 62 yds rushing, then Greene added a bunch of meaningless yds in the 4th qtr. I’m not going to get too excited until I see the record at 8 games.

71. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

That’s also a terrible team with rookie CBs, Karan, and a star defensive lineman (Williams) who claims today that Howard had his hands in his face all day and the refs didn’t call it. Normally I wouldn’t pay attention to talk like that from a guy on the losing team but with the replacement refs I saw yesterday — who blew quite a few obvious calls in games from coast-to-coast — I’ll wait until Howard reproduces this performance at least a few times before saying our problems at RT are solved.

72. By davetharave on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

A new year, a new offense. Wide receivers who can stretch the field will open up more runs. Howard at RT is a big improvement, Sparano at OC, even bigger. Doubters and naysayers, please don’t say stuff like ‘oh this was just the Bills, wait until they play better teams’ With this team configured this way on offense and defense they are going to be competitive with anybody and when you are competitive you can win games. We all have good reasons to be optimistic.

73. By Allan O'Dane on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Have to give props to Austin Howard!..and the WR’s. Heck the whole offensive line. GQ, one bonehead INT…should know better then that in your 4th year. Pittsburgh will be spittin mad because of the loss to denver..don’t know if clark and harrison will be in the lineup but we better be ready. I see a close game this sunday…

74. By scjoe on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

I have to admit, I never saw this coming, but I hardly think I am alone on that little tid bit. It was one of the most exciting games I have been to in quite some time. It had a little of everything scoring wise. If you really had to search for some faults they would have to be 1- the run defense, that has to tighten up to keep this machine rolling. 2- sacks and QB pressure, It should have been lights out on Fitzpatrick after they were up by 34, prevent defense notwithstanding. 3- That “dumb” INT! If the game were closer that could have been a huge factor, and it should not have happened. Lets just hope this was not a fluke. We will get a much brighter picture this upcoming week in Pit.

75. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Hey GaryC, just teasin’ ya so ya know I don’t give any free ride to Cimini — or to you and others after the nonsense all summer about getting Edwards back: “In the preseason, a lot of critics said the Jets blew it by not re-signing WR Braylon Edwards, who was Sanchez’s deep threat in 2009 and 2010. (Full disclosure: I was one of them.) It’s only 1 game, but it looks like MS and Hill are developing that kind of rapport. Sanchez was 2-for-2 with 60 yards and a touchdown when targeting Hill over 20 yards downfield. MS completed just 25.6 percent of passes thrown that distance last year (29th in NFL) with 3 TDs.” Like I keep sayin’, PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS, Jets, that’s what you drafted ‘em for! (Besides, they’re faster than the old guys.)

76. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Hey, remember it’s not how you say hello it’s how you say goodbye, Fans looking to exact revenge on those fans who believe more in reality than one game wonders. Best take a wait and see outlook, because next week will come fast enough, yes I’m ecstatic Sanchez finally played a game worthy of what he was brought here for. without the need to close our eye’s and hope he doesn’t fumble or throw int, and Yes our young guy’s finally made big plays, Lets not forget the real strength of this team opened the door and finally Mark walked through it . So Danny, Gary, and the likes I’m with you on this one, But I’ve seen this movie once to many times before, GO JETS

77. By Ablity Mouwon on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

As a jets fan, I am never happy to beat the Bills, that’s a given, every year, but I am still very worry about the defensive line, the front 7 in general, and the running game. You can win the superbolw with a strong run defense and running game, this is now a passing leauge, so the team that will win the superbolw yearly is the team that has the best pass defense and the best passing game, our pass defense I think, if Revis stop letting recievers get free releases at the LOS, will be the best pass defense in the leage; However, a team CANNOT, make the playoffs if they cannot stop the run, or run the ball, atleast a little, the defensive turnovers yesterday helped hide the team biggest weakness, our run game, and our run stop

78. By FL.Pete on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Now we are scrutinizing Shonn Greene…. It never fails with “Jet Fans”, the only sincere fan here is IRA who shows optimism on every blog he posts which makes him a true fan… Most of you were throwing the entire team, coaching staff, and management under the bus just 2 weeks ago. As Rex has said, he finally has the type of team he wanted to have coming in… Remember Shotty was given to him and was not his choice.

79. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Jetfantom,you need to get your people straight,I wanted Edwards back,you must of confused me with Scjoe,as for the bills being terrible,they only became terrible after this game,all the experts picked them second in their division,there you go again with revisionist history,At least I had the guts to say what Sanchez would do in this game and I was off by 6 yards in total passing yardage and hit it on the head saying 2 – 3 touchdown passes,do something with that with Fig Newton.

80. By FL.Pete on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Shonn Greene makes the Ground and Pound work… All you see is the passing accomplishments at the end of this game, but the threat of a run first scheme is what allows those “Chunk Plays” to open up… For all you non believers, check out the approach that your beloved “Patriots” are taking this season and the future… They are now a run oriented offense again because a wise former head coach reminded ” The Genius” that he was losing superbowls because he lost the knack for running the football… So be true fans and believe in Rex and Greene as true fans should do… Geesh!!!

81. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

where is scjoe,the guy who said Hill and Shilens are the same player,if that is the case then shilens will be a very good player on the jets.

82. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

I will put a little damper on things,especially when we play the niners,with their receivers and our smurf corners,and slow backers this could really be disaster.

83. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

JetFanTom,you should know about quarterbacks not being perfect,you follow Cam,the intercepter,Newton.

84. By SCfromNY on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Nice to see more positive comments today. BTW . . . my “ground and pound’ doing well was sarcastic. I agree with those annoyed with the D. great teams punish the oppossing O when they know what is going to happen. I have never been a Sanchez fan but I will not nit pick him for the silly pass. I have seen Eli do the same thing trying to make a play. A good idea? No! But a play designed to move the ball, not a play out of fear. I hope the positive vibes last after next week.

85. By kleckofan on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Tremendously satisfying win, made more so by the dismal preseason. Major kudos to Sparano, the O-line, defensive backfiled (including K. Wilson). I’ll single out Sanchez for overcoming the early mistake, he looked composed and in control. And I must say that the team looked prepared by Rex and his staff. I was very upset w the post spike events 2nd qtr..it looked like Mark thought clocking the ball meant an automatic TO, why take a five yard penalty there? And then when we tried to draw them off-sides and fail, don’t take a TO there, it’s a waste, what’s the difference between a 25 and 30 td FG? Details. No sacks in a situation where you know they have to throw isn’t promising either. Still great win.

86. By kleckofan on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Pittsburgh looked old on D, especially Troy P, maybe injured? definitely out of shape. It’d br great if Harrison wasn’t ready to go again this week. We must wrap Ben up high and not allow him to extend plays. A real test and an opportunity to show our mettle.
    Leon Washington had a great ST game for Seattle yesterday, almost single-handedly pulled it out for the Sea-Chickens. Mr. Kerley has made Leon a fading memory.

87. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, I’m not gonna go game-by-game on Sanchez vs Newton or anyone else, that’s really foolish. But if you saw the CAR game, Newton struggled to carry the team on his back in a way some young QBs can’t even do in a win. FL Pete, believe it or not, some fans scrutinize everything, all the time. I was a big supporter of the Greene pick and of him in his first 2 yrs, but this yr is crunch time for him and yesterday he wasn’t even in the game until it was over. In fact, the only part of the O that looked like Rex’s doing was the routine runs of up the middle by SG in the first half that didn’t get us anywhere. By contrast, time and time again Sanchez threw downfield in key situations to different receivers, which is how it works these days.

88. By kleckofan on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

well, for all those who say “how much difference can one CB make?” we may find out, if Revis’ concussion keeps him out Sunday. The Pitt WR’s are a nightmare anyway, w/o DR we will be in huge trouble (as we saw when DR was out against Buff).
    I am not going ga-ga over one win, but taking a look ahead at the schedule and breaking it into two 8 gm halves we could optimistically be looking at 10-11 wins: first 8 gm, losses Pitt, 49ers, Texans, Pats; wins Bills, Fins, Colts and Fins.
    second 8 gms losses Pats wins: Rams, Cards, Jags, and Bills
    Up in the air: Seattle, Titans and Chargers. I put this out there mostly for fun, many developments to come and only one week of evidence. But we may face 6 rookie or first yr start QB’s, v. favorable

89. By SCfromNY on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

I agree the run game was suspect. I am not just saying this now, all along I listed that as one of many improvements the Jets need. If we can run well enough to make it a threat, good. But if we can’t run the ball the oppossing D will just tee off on Sanchez.He will continue to do well, I hope, if we do not become one dimensional. Look how the running game was crushed in Tenn. and Carolina. It is a pass first league but the opposite of days gone by you need to pass to set up the run. My appologies to Sporano if this week is an indication of his play calling.

90. By GaryC on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

jetfantom,didn’t know you were dating Rita Moreno,is that your latina girlfriend.

91. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

A little younger than that, GaryC, like Linda Obst wrote in her book about Hollywood, “Nobody goes gray in L.A.” — nobody who wants to go out with anyone younger than Rita Moreno, that is (who, to give her her due, was quite a hot number in her day). kleckofan, Wilson’s another guy on his make-or-break yr and if Revis is out vs PIT, he’d better step up. Happily, he looked good yesterday.

92. By Charliejet on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

Mike – I detect some contradictions here…
    “Jets under Sanchez: 13 TD 21 INT”
    “Record 7-9″.
    “Division record 2-4″
    Then you tell Spicer to be optimistic?

93. By Jake on Sep 10, 2012 | Reply

F.L Pete, just because the Patriots had success running the ball i the first game doesn’t mean they are a “run first” offense now. That team is the farthest thing from a run first O.

94. By Gregg from CA on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Hah! Nice one, GaryC! That’s right about Tom’s age range, but that’s all I’ll say!

95. By Gregg from CA on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

How many years have I been saying this? To the whole LOT of you lovely gentlepersons? You complain that a coach doesn’t know what he’s talking about OR doing because of what he says to the press, as if he’s obligated by some congressional committee to divulge his innermost secrets, rosters, gameplans, etc. Hello!! Didja ever think that, oh, mebbe some other teams might read those stories, so a little misdirection might be a GOOD thing?

Fans are primarily allowed to WATCH a game. Complain all you want if the results on the field are not to your liking, but quit the “He don’t know how to be a coach because he said this” stuff… PLEASE! That’s what 90% of this thread has been about!

96. By Gregg from CA on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Now that the team has won a game, it’s all “Well, let’s wait and see how it goes next week”.

Where was that attitude 6 weeks ago? Somebody doesn’t like what is being SAID, so there’s a feeding frenzy in the Fan-ranha pool.

Several of you should read (or listen to) Bart Scott’s reaction after the game and take it to heart… You deserve it.

97. By scjoe on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, how many times was Schliens targeted? How could he possibly put up the same numbers as Hill if he was targeted one time? C’mon man. Don’t you believe if it were Schliens out there in place of Hill that he would have performed just as well? I mean, the guy can catch the ball when targeted. Besides, don’t you think I am overjoyed to see how Hill performed? That said, “lets not put him in Canton just yet”

98. By scjoe on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Being up in NY I haven’t had the time to keep up with the blog, but reading some of the comments now, I have to say to Danny, GaryC, and quite a few others, sure, it is easy to go with the “told ya so” attitude,after the fact, but remember, there are 15 more games to go and there is a slight possibility what goes around comes around could very well come into play. I hope you guys can be in a “told ya so mode” every week, that would make me as happy as all of you, but lets not get way ahead of ourselves after just one game on anything or anybody.

99. By GaryC on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

scjoe,I am only forcasting,kiddingly as you said Shilens and Hill were the same because of heights and weights,Seriously I expect Hill to accomplish much more in the future then Shilens.

100. By GaryC on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

jetfantom,no knock on Rita Moreno,she was the best thing that came out of West Side Story,even over Natalie Wood.

101. By scjoe on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

My goodness, isn’t it hilarious how all of the I TOLD YOU SO guys come out of the woodwork and criticize after JUST ONE GAME!!! What would your reaction have been had that score been reversed? My guess is we would not have had the pleasure of your visit. What will you come here and say IF that score IS reversed next game?? C’mon people, get a clue. IT IS JUST ONE GAME OF A 16 GAME SCHEDULE.

102. By Tom Spicer on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe, While Gary C & Danny have been in full “I told you so mode”. I can remember at the end of last year you posted “I TOLD YOU SO”. So dont be the pot calling the kettle black.

103. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Gregg, you need to come down to L.A. and see what’s walking around on a given day, then you’ll have something to say! Also, speaking for myself, my problem with Rex is less what he says per se but how it drives what he does, like fail to develop players on O, which Sparano’s already done a better job of in one summer than Rex has in 3 yrs. scjoe, I agree with you about one game, what Gregg doesn’t seem to understand about the “wait and see” attitude is that when that’s said in pre, it usually has to do with holes in the roster, like at RT, or unnecessary pickups, like Schilens and Tebow. But having seen just about every game Schilens has ever played, there’s no way I can say he woulda done what Hill did on Sunday, because he never has.

104. By Charliejet on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

you know what else everyone forgot about – that little flea flicker; Green back to Sanchez for a what was it 25-30 yard completion – good for Sparano! You would never have seen that with Schotty…NEVER.

105. By SCfromNY on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

hated Shotty but Pennington threw the flea flicker successfully often.

106. By scjoe on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, I suppose I could say the exact same thing about you. What’s your point? Further, if I did say it at the end of the year, as you suggest, that would mean I had a full seasons body of work, NOT just one game. C’mon man!!

107. By scjoe on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, It would be hard to argue with you if everything holds true to form and Hill gets targeted 8-10 times a game while Schliens is targeted 2-3 every week. I think my 7 year old granddaughter can figure that one out. Now, lets just day dream here for a minute and say those targets were reversed, what do ya say then?

108. By danny on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe the score was not reversed so that statement means nothing. I will say something every time we win and i believe that will be at least 10 times and a playoff berth. U ripped Hill apart and Sanchez and they both played great. Hill showed all that talent that we were talking about. Now yes it’s a long season but the talent is there so a lot of us believe in our team this yr. I think we have a good chance to beat Pitt in Pitt this week too. If we don;t I’m sure it will be a close game because we are a GOOD Football team. When I come on here and guys rip me up for saying we have talent and can win in this league ur damnn straight every time we win u will see me on here. Like I said at least 10 times this yr maybe more

109. By danny on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe I have said a million times if our line gives MS time he will make plays. No he will never be Montana and elite but he has the talent to be a solid NFL QB and with time in yr 4 we should see that as we did week 1. U were another guy making a big thinkg over meaningless preseason games, Seattle was the studs of preseason and lost to the lowly Cards week one. Once Hunter was off the field vs Panthers u could see a huge difference in our offense and MS. He played great that day and great on Sunday again WITH TIME in the pocket as any NFL QB needs to succeed. Except maybe Peyton with his release but there is only 1 Peyton

110. By Gregg from CA on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

Tom, this is kinda my point: coaching staffs can be built around cooperation, and just because the head coach is the one saying it (or NOT saying it) doesn’t mean the job won’t get done. Rex blows the smoke screen, while Tony quietly builds the framework in the background. It’s called “teamwork”, and assuming that the one working behind the scenes is the ONLY one that’s being productive is being very assumptive. Perhaps if you remove the Great and Powerful OzRex, all you’re left with is a somewhat creative OC.

Rex and Schotty never developed the teamwork to allow them to succeed – Given. Let’s talk a little time for the Rex/Tony teamwork to play itself out, not assume that Rex can’t handle teamwork.

111. By Gregg from CA on Sep 11, 2012 | Reply

… or in other words, “Oops, he blew it with his first OC, he’s doomed to repeat history with his second.”

We have ONE game as our total body of work to examine and rely on for evidence, and from what I saw, there were a lot of rookie/2nd year players out there on the field competing and, in a lot of cases, excelling. Let that put the Rex / Schotty legacy to bed until something horrible happens, okay?

112. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 12, 2012 | Reply

DANNY, you have every right to be euphoric regarding the Jets win this week. Like S.C.Joe I tend to look at things in total. Yes Mark played great!Yes the O.Line did a great job protecting him which enabled him to do his thing(minus the bonehead interception!). And yes Hill played well too. I hate to nit-pick but Hill needs to start catching the ball with his hands. On 4 of his catches he allowed the ball to hit his body and he trapped it against himself. This will not work against top fleight corners & safty’s as they will either get a hand in and deflect it or it will bounce off him (like in the pre-season)and be intercepted.please remember this post cauce it will come back to haunt us if he doesn’t get it streaightened out quick!

113. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 12, 2012 | Reply

S.C.Joe, yeah, ya had to expect all the johnny-come latelies to show up here after that resounding victory. I was thinking as the game progressed how that would be the case. Hey, what the heck, like you said, inspite of our differences in opinions regarding certian players or ideas, “we are all in this together!”KLECKOFAN, although under a different topic, great post Dude! I loved your alalysis of the game. I thought it was spot on and one of the best I have read here dude! Danny, very happy for our boy M.S and especially for you. You and S.C.Joe have been going toe to toe on this subject and I believe for one week anyway you get to feel pretty good about the Q.b situation.

114. By scjoe on Sep 12, 2012 | Reply

Danny, your posts above lead me to “assume” a couple of things, 1- you will post ONLY when the Jets win, not when they lose. 2- In so many words you re saying I do not believe in this team, but you and “a lot of us” do? Would I be correct in my assumptions? Because I would be fine with the first one, after all that is your decision, but I would not be OK with the 2nd. And again, when you say I “ripped” Sanchez and Hill in the preseason, didn’t you actually mean to say, scjoe, you called it like you saw it? Because in actuality that is what I did, not RIP them.

115. By scjoe on Sep 12, 2012 | Reply

Ron, I find it absolutely amazing that some “Jet fans” come here on Randy’s blog and offer NOTHING of substance, but instead spend all of their time seeking out ANYBODY who happened to make ANY kind of a negative comment or statement about ANY single player or any particular phase of the team, EVEN THOUGH they did not look all that functional during the entire preseason. But now, in retrospect they are here in droves after ONE regular season game. My thoughts are if the team loses the next 2 or 3 games those same “Jet fans” will never be heard from again, or at least until the next win. How blanking pathetic is that?

116. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 14, 2012 | Reply

S.C.Joe, I hear you, and I agree 100%! The thing is, if everyone agreed with everything you and I said it would be no fun to come here. There are so many who do bring good stuff I cant name everyone but I have a lot of favorites here!(which makes no sence does it?) Oh well, this is still by far my favorite blog!
    GO JETS!!!!!!