• Wed., Oct. 22, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Wed., Oct. 22, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the meda following practice.
  • Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 3:30 PM EDT Live Press Conference: Coordinators Jets Coordinators Thomas McGaughey, Marty Mornhinweg, Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Sat., Oct. 25, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic - Only on SNY

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

Jets-Dolphins First-Half Tweets

Posted by Randy Lange on September 23, 2012 – 2:42 pm

Tweets from the first half of the Jets-Dolphins game that appeared on our nyjets Twitter page, under the hashtag #RL

First Quarter

Jets game captains: DBrickashaw Ferguson, Yeremiah Bell, Tim Tebow, Bilal Powell, Clyde Gates, Dedrick Epps.

Miami wins opening coin toss, elects to defer KO/receive decision till 2nd half. 4th time MIA has won toss vs NYJ, deferred, since 2009.

WR Santonio Holmes draws pass interference on CB Nolan Carroll. Holmes’ 5th penalty drawn against opponents last 2 games.

Mark Sanchez trying to find WR Clyde Gates, throws INT to CB Richard Marshall. Sanchez’s 4th INT last 5 quarters vs. MIA.

Daniel Thomas powers over from yd out for TD. Dolphins also opened 2009 game in MIA vs. Jets with TD drive.

Second Quarter

Santonio Holmes draws illegal contact on Richard Marshall down left sideline. That’s 6 penalties drawn by Tone vs. opponents last 2 wks.

Dan Carpenter 21-yd FG gives Dolphins 10-0 lead, their largest lead over the Jets in the teams’ last 7 games at Sun Life Staidum.

Personal punt protector Tim Tebow takes direct punt snap on 4th-and-3 at Jets 25, gets 5 yds for 1st down.

Rookie WR Stephen Hill can’t hold 3rd-down TD pass in end zone, Nick Folk comes on for 33-yd FG, cuts MIA lead to 10-3, 1:50 left 1H.

Nick Folk, who opened last season with 11-for-11 on FG tries, is now 4-for-4 this season.

Jets trail Dolphins at half, 10-3. It’s Dolphins’ first halftime lead in their last nine home games against the Jets.

Dolphins lead in yardage (156-114), takeaways (1-0), Jets ahead in 1st downs (10-9), possession time (16:03-13:57).

Posted in Uncategorized | 81 Comments »

81 Responses to “Jets-Dolphins First-Half Tweets”

1. By kevin65fan on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

win is a win….but where the heck is the pass rush. Not as if this is a stout offensive line Miami has except for Long. where is maybin…Coples…wilkerson…Ellis….Pace…our elite rushers…this is troubling…

2. By Susan on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Speaking as a die-hard Jets fan and Dolphin-hater, I must honestly state the refs played worst of all. In no way on this planet did Fasano have possession of that pass. I have never wanted to kill before, but these refs are the worst!!!!!

3. By sal cottone on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

The Jets have back going backwards the last 3 seasons. Luck is not the word, they didnt desrve the win today period!

And is Rex Ryan a head coach? How much of the personnel decion making is in his hands..meaning does he know how to build a team? The defence, his specialty is as bad as it has been in years, its not going to get better either I think he brings in his type of guy and expects more than the can talent wise.. being a Ryan type of guy.

They let the cornerstones of the team go and are paying for it, No one talks about it why because the hide behind Revis. And without Revis the are a avg defence if that.

4. By scjoe on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

It’s a bottom line business and the bottom line is, a W, 2-1, and 2-0 in the division. The good news stops there! I don’t think I have to defend my position on MS because you all saw exactly what I saw. What ever happened to the quote by so many here “this team lacks a deep threat?” “We need a deep threat” well, hellllo, we now have 4, count em FOUR of them (Hill, Holmes, Schliens, Gates) three sub 4.4 guys and the 4th right about there. So, when does it translate to points? a deep passing game? the loosening up the D for run game? Because I haven’t seen anything remotely close to any of it. What I did see was a few of those “deep threats” wide open down field and the ball sailing 20 yds over their heads. Without pressure I might add.

5. By scjoe on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Lets be honest here, negativity aside, this particular game came down to which team shoot themselves in the foot less. Today it happened to be the Jets. Although there were many shots fired around that foot area. When do those ridicules, atrocious penalties subside? And I don’t mean just the personnel fouls. When does the running game begin to resemble a pro running game, lets forget the “ground and pound” because that aint happening! Just something close to what most other pro teams have. And if anyone who didn’t watch the game hits me with the N (negativity) word, I would advise you to go somewhere and view it. For me, it was the most frustrating FOUR hours I have encountered in a long, long time.

6. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

After almost 50 yrs of watching, I think that might be the least impressive Jet victory I’ve ever seen. Too many incredibly bad individual performances to list in one post and just about every break possible, other than losing Revis. And speaking of Cimini, I dare anyone to disagree with this: “The Tebow package did more harm than good. He actually lost 5 yards on a goal-line play in which he was tackled after looking to pass into the end zone. Clearly, the Jets’ grandiose plans for Tebow are a bust. His biggest play came on special teams, when he took a direct snap on a fake punt and ran for a first down to sustain a drive that ended with a field goal.” Still a lot of guys to unload, starting with this time-wasting mountain of hype.

7. By scjoe on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Question of the week, when do you consider scrapping the WC offense? Since it seems to fool no one but the Jets, I think there is no time like the present. Question of the week #2, After that is done, when do you consider obtaining a viable option at b/u QB. Because I can feel the need coming sooner rather then later. To all of my fellow Jet fans, please excuse the extraordinary frustration, because it is 3 hours since games end, and that frustration has still not subsided! I can only imagine what it could have been had they not pulled this one out.

8. By MIKE on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Would anybody else like to see more Powell less Greene? Just think he makes more happen when there is no hole to run throw. Greene is a down hill runner and when you have no hole then he usually looses a couple yards when Powell can move laterally to make something happen.

9. By MIKE on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

If Ryan keeps his job this year than the Jets should at least keep him away from the draft board. Coples is brutal. Wilson brutal, Sanchez ouch. Ducasse is the most painful. At least Wilkerson is solid.

At least Santonio showed up today, played like a man.

10. By dougmc on Sep 23, 2012 | Reply

Call Plaxico. Play calling is horrible. Sanchez has got to do better. Receivers and backs have to catch the ball..Rex and Sparano save the antics until we are 8-1, till then just coach better and hold off on the rah rah bravado stuff. Wake up Defense.. Stop the run and get some pressure…On “O” we need to.protect Sanchez and get guys open. If Hill and Revis are down for awhile, thats gonna hurt bad…

11. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Big big loss, never want to see anyone go down, wish Darrelle the best and well recovery. I hate the injury factor in football, but its a part of it, nothing we can do to stop it. Its not confirmed yet, but most likely looks like an ACL tear.

12. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

We should really consider signing Drew Coleman to the roster due to the unforunate injury.

13. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ugly ugly win but glad we got it done.

14. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

I hate the fact that Dolphins always always find a way to play us well not matter what they’re roster is like. Always a pain getting through this team. Next, the 49ers. Vikings proved they are beatable. Sparano needs to have a really nice gameplan against them. Glad to see Powell getting more reps today, I’m personally sick of Greene.

15. By Christopher on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

wow – as bad as this team is, we are in first place and a game ahead of new england. that is the only good news I could come up with. I hope revis is ok, but it doesn’t look good.

16. By Charliejet on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Lucky – we were lucky.

17. By Allan O'Dane on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ok the NYJ won. We are 2-0 in our division. But this team has some GLARING issues. This was a rookie QB..Ryan should have had him like a deer in headlights. Where was the pass rush? Maybin…Coples? Where was the run stuffing defense? Bush rushed for almost 6.0 per carry. Mark is still making bonehead INT’s, come on man!..this is your 4th year now. The one he threw in the end zone that was just horrible…horrible. He had a guy sitting at the goal line wide open. Then the overthrow to cumberland in the endzone. Either the fins are not as bad as I thought or the NYJ are not as good as I believed. No Jet fan should be happy with this performance. This was an ugly win if I ever saw one.

18. By Ronald T on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

As I watch the last few Jets games I see players making moves that can only be described as stupid. Are they coached that way? If so maybe the coaches are a few lumins short of bright. Or maybe , just maybe, it’s trickled down from the GM. Either way, they better start to play smart or this season will make last season look great.

19. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Hmm, didn’t we win close games in 2010? What was the motto then? Good teams find ways to win. Don’t give up just yet guys, Hill so far is a dropping machine, this is a brand new offense, Keller was out, takes time to build a rapport with receivers. Happy to see Sanchez and Holmes get back on the same page. Would love to have Keller back soon.

20. By Viveca on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Rex is this really your best team ever?-Wow! Win or lose this game was painful to watch. Let’s face it- we were unbelievably lucky to come away with a win. Am tired to hear Rex say that Sanchez did a fantastic job. He didn’t. Yes the recievers dropped passes left and right, but he was wildly erratic, and the rookie qb of the Phins looked more poised. I scream every time Shonn Greene stumbles for 1 or 2 yards. He should never be a lead rb. Why is it that our draft picks are either cut, on the PS or on the bench while other teams choices contribute and look like budding stars? It’s time for Tannenbaum to look under new rocks! No pass rush and our lbs are too slow to seal the edge. I fear for a long season!

21. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Well, the bad news has been confirmed. The strength of this team was at the CB position and at center, now it is just at center. How far do you go when the strength of a team is at the center position? Whats worse? Look at the upcoming schedule with Crabtree, and A. Johnson on deck. Ouch! Anyone believe Wilson will get the job done?

22. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Confirmed: Revis torn ACL, aw man, wish you a well recovery man.

23. By THUNDER LIPS on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

well there it is Revis gone for the year. now it is time for this team to step up. sometimes that is what it takes. Time to make adjustments. we have lacked a pass rush for so long because rex and co have been over confident adn reliant on Revis. Can’t do it anymore. We jsut lost our best player. TIME TO STEP UP BOYS!!! this is when heros and stars are made. think about it. Brady became a star because of injury. Look at harris he came in when Vilma went down and now hes on the Fios commercials. LET’s DO IT. Its a team sport. by the way nice bone head time out before our final touchdown, alomst cost us the game. why wouldn’t you let the clock run there. Fins would have gotten the ball back with less than 2 mins.

24. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

What’s worse than losing Revis is that we aren’t strong at the position that Rex loves, CB, as GaryC will point out. For some reason the shorter they are, the more Rex likes ‘em. As for Revis himself, I really feel no personal sorrow for him. Maybe this is God’s/the universe’s/whoever’s way of telling him to stop holding out every other yr and focus more on the game. Nothing would please me more than to see the Jets sign him to a 1-yr contract for less money to see if he’s still the same guy and then deal him if he’s not, just like with Leon, now that his off-season trade value will be diminished.

25. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

jetfantom, yes short cornerbacks and people are talking about bringing in Drew Coleman,another munchkin.Maybe Rex will be blitzing the corners under the legs of the offensive lineman.He must be running out of ideas to get to the quarterback.

26. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Don’t give up on season yet,I expect they will lose next two and be 2-3 but schedule gets easier after that,If one player makes that big of a deal the JETS ARE NOT WHAT REX THOUGHT THEY WERE.

27. By kleckofan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

In spite of the holdouts I think Revis is a warrior and wish him well. W/o him we will be totally exposed as a below avg D. Run stopping used to be a given, not anymore. No talent, no development of players, no qualifications in the GM’s office. Sanchez has gotten as good as he’s going to get, which is woefully lacking. Tanny bet the farm on Sanchez and lost. I haven’t been on here in a while, so this may be repetitive for some..but the Giants effort in Carolina was the ultimate condemnation of our FO and coaching staff. 2nd/3rd stringers stepped up knew their assignments etc. It made me envious (and ill) to see a team handle adversity so well, so professionally. What will we look like after 1st string injuries? Like a BCS team or worse.

28. By kleckofan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Fire Tannenbaum, sooner than later please, let’s not waste the high draft choice we will no doubt have in 2013. If they take Barkley and trade (or worse keep) Sanchez I’m done w this team. I’ll root for Jacksonville; I think they’re the newest AFC franchise, I’m a beach guy anyway, and one of all time favorite Jets, Jeff Lageman, played there.(does it sound like I’ve thought about this before?)

29. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

A few observations 1 when you play a divisional team you can throw the records out the window. For example the Skins beat the Giants 2 times last year. Miami always plays us tuff. 2 It was a divisonal game on the road in the rain & we lost our best player for the year. It was not going to be easy or pretty.

30. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Is this a Rex Ryan D or what we cant stop the run & we cant rush the passer?

31. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

That had to be the uglyest 300 yard passing day I have ever seen in my life. Greene needs to be BENCHED RIGHT AWAY! We need to start Powell at least he has some burst. Greene if everything is perfect it is a 5 yard run. I think Mark really misses Keller that was his go to guy the last few years. He has bascially missed all 3 games hopefully when he gets back he can pick up the O. I hate to admit this but SCJoe wa right Hill is CLEARLY not ready for the big time. He drops balls liek they are hot potatos. I fell in love with his highlights, his combine & his Bills game. But he is not a NFL #2 Kerley is better than him at this point & Kerley is a great #3 but not a #2. Last week Hill dropped a 50 yards pass that would have giving us 1st & goal

32. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

at the 4th vs Pitt. This week he dropped a TD that hit him in the chest with the guys a few feet away from him & he dropped a pass over the middle that hit him in both hands. YOU HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL!

33. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Before guys go all willy nilli on me let me say a few things. This game could have been easily very different we barely missed on a few plays that could have changed the game. 1 As I had said above Hill dropped a TD that hit him in the chest in the end zone 2 Scheilins was streaking down the sideline all alone Mark threw him the ball it hit off of his finger tips if he comes down with that it is a long TD. I have no doubt that the slop they were playing in had a effect on that play. 3 Cumberland was standing all alone in the endzone Mark had some pressure & over throws him for what would have been a easy TD. If Mark just stops plants his feet & throws the ball TD (he would have gotten blasted but hey sometimes you gotta take 1 for the team)

34. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Anyway the point is this just off of the top of my head I named 3 plays that could have easily been TD’S.

35. By Stevesc on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ditto to most of what was said on this blog today… Like Jetfan64 and scjoe, I’ve been a long time fan and have to say that this was the ugliest win I’ve ever witnessed by the Jets. The only word that kept coming out of my mouth during the game was pathetic. It got to the point that I couldn’t even get excited when they scored and eventually won the game. No running game, no passing game, no run defense, no pass rush etc. I know some will say a win is a win, but from what I saw yesterday, it doesn’t bode well for the Jets the rest of the season. I’d love for them to prove me wrong…

36. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Now the negative Revis is out for the year. Not only our best player but HANDS DOWN the best corner in the NFL. I can make a argument the best D player in all of the NFL. To me any shot we had of makin gthe playoffs is now out the window. The rest of the year Mike Crabtree, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker 2 times, Larry Fitzgerald & Steve Johnson are going to have a field day with us. Especially since we have no pass rush. Well all those posters who wanted us to lose big time to get Mark out so we can get a high pick to get Matt Barkley (USC) or that Jones kid from Oklahoma. I now think that is a big possibility We have a D that is about to get its butt kicked on a week to weeek basis. A RB who cant get a carry over 5 yards to save

37. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

his life my 4 year old son is faster than him & no #2 WR. CAN YOU SAY TOP 10 PICK?

38. By Tom Spicer on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

P.S. Great job by Holmes & Kerley! The Holmes that we traded for showed up yesterday & Kerley is becoming a very good NFL #3 & a great punt returner. He needs to be on the field more!

39. By Christopher on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Was that Shotty calling the plays for Miami, throw the ball back on your 6 yard line, turned into a pick 6. If miami runs the ball on every single play, they would have won the game.

40. By Christopher on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

how many roughing the kicker calls are we going to get.

41. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Rex will have to change his neanderthal thinking now that Revis is no longer here,he keeps thinking he has the 85 bears defense,and that was before the revis injury.Even though he probably dreds this,the offense will really have to open it up now and score points.

42. By Allan O'Dane on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Well….Revis is done. Cro will take over defending #1 wr’s. That’s not sooo bad. Wilson will need safety help or nickel db will help w/double team. Rex is going to need to send more blitzes and start making these qb’s uncomfortable. That means maybin and coples are going to have to step it up…FAST!. Keller will be back next week so hopefully our passing game will improve. I guess rex finally came to terms that this is a passing league now maybe he will want a more balanced offense. Give the kid Powell the rock, he looks like he can be something special. Let Mcknight get in there too…give Greene the ball on short yardage situations.

43. By IRA on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Feel real bad for Revis and this is why i thought he should holdout. He will never see that 100 mill contract anymore. Can he still be the best CB in football? Sure but sorry at 28 yrs old coming off an ACL you are going to lose a split second or two from your step.
    Glad they won another whacky Fish game but i will take this year week by week and see what happens.
    Wonder who gets to cover V. Davis?

44. By Jersey Rich on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

I like to be optimistic, but, I have to get on the “Sanchez aint got it” bandwagon , haven’t seen anything that ugly since I first met my mother-in-law..

45. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ok boys and girls, here is the breakdown after 3 weeks. Total offense #22, yds per pass- # 24,(and that is including the 45 yd pass to Kerley, which by the way included 35 YAC) passing yards per game, #20, one of my all time favorites passing percentage #32 (out of 32 teams) If those offensive offensive stats aren’t quite enough total defense #21 Sacks- #27

46. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Tom Spicer, here is another thing I was right about, and I know you will remember this because you kind of agreed back then, the Jets “should have” stayed pat, saved a draft choice, and selected Lamar Miller with that #2 instead of Hill. No one, and I mean no one, can argue the fact that Miller would have had much, much more of an impact on this offense then Hill. And his speed and 6 yds per carry avg don’t look to bad after 3 games either. Oh, and hindsight can’t come in to play here because I said it then as well as I am saying it now.

47. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Jersey Rich, LOLOL, great line, I can relate!

48. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

S.CJoe, i saw the same game you saw and inspite of a couple of bonehead passes that were intercepted(and 2 others that could have been, the guy did throw for over 300 yds and there were at least 4 passes that could have been caught. In a perfect world all the passes would have been perfect spirals that hit the reciever in stride and result in touchdowns! Now in the real world I also saw our Q.b running for his life chuck’n & duck’n (like on the pass to Cumberlin in the endzone) I know your not a fan and I am less so than in the past but I think he did a decent job considering his confidence in his recievers has got to be shakey at best.How many passes will Steven Hill have to drop before his coach is questioned?

49. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ira, are you for real today? 23 million people are unemployed or underemployed and you’re upset because poor Darrelle may have to live on less than $1 mil per game? I couldn’t care less that Revis may have to see what it’s like to lose his job now instead of constantly holding up this team for more money. Spice, as you know there’s no middle-ground in the NFL anymore, much like there’s not much middle-class in America anymore. If you’re gonna lose, lose big, take the draft choices, and start over. I’m not sold on Barkley yet but the Jets could do much worse than to start over on a lot of levels next yr. and that includes sticking with Hill, Kerley, etc. And stop with the “coulda been TDs” jive, that’s for losers and you should know that.

50. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, funny as usual about Rex and short CBs, as well as his over-reliance on Revis. But that’s what Rex does, over-rely on a few players and do almost nothing to develop the other starters, much less a deep bench. The WR situation, for instance, is comic. Kerley, whom Rex couldn’t figure out how to use last yr and publicly criticized this summer, is becoming exactly what I said he would the day we drafted him, a healthier Percy Harvin, and that’s with a weak QB throwing to him. But Rex can’t even get his high-drafted D guys (Wilk, Ellis, Wilson, Coples, Davis) into the game in really big ways, much less do anything with O guys. Like Sanchez, if Rex was in AZ or JAX no one would ever write anything about him other than for comic relief.

51. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

We’ll all miss Revis but I’m sure the D will step up. Remember when Leonhard went down? The D stepped up big time, not the week after the injury, but slowly and gradually. I wouldn’t be surprised if the D has a horrible game against the 49ers, but lets hope for the best. It’ll take time guys, but it will get done.

52. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

We look thin at corner right now, but I would love it if the Jets re-signed Drew Coleman. He’s a free agent, knows the system, is a blitzing corner and a solid player. We need a solid player. Obviously, Darrelle can never be replaced, but Cro, Wilson, Coleman, Lankster and Trufant should be fine at corner. Don’t forget the safeties either.

53. By Karan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Glad to see Patrick Turner back, good player, consistent, shouldn’t have been released in the first place; but with the Jets, you never know. Release Clyde Gates and make some for Coleman please. And please, start McKnight or Powell over Greene. Greene’s been stinkin’ it up.

54. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Cromartie will be exposed now like a cheap suit,wilson will get help from the safetys but Cromartie will be on an island against the top physical receivers the league has to offer,he will be laying off so far you won’t see him in until you get to Trenton.Please,give Hill a break,I remember quite a few drops from Wesley Walker in his days with the jets also.

55. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Bryan Thomas back again,that will sure help,it only helps if that is a precursor to Bart Scott packing his bags.

56. By kleckofan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

although I got edited in pre-season when I made comments about Eric Smith’s IQ, I will point out againhis lack of “football intelligence”. He made two absolutely bonehead plays again yesterday. Even if he didn’t hit the punter, he shouldn’t be in the position to get called. The Fins are deep in their end, 4th and 12 from the five, we have a return on, its the end of the half, the only hint of momentum we had all day from having just put points up and he gets a roughing penalty. Then he gets an Unnecessary Roughness penalty on the Fins scoring drive in the 3rd qtr. If we ned roster spots for Revis and maybe an injured Hill (I wish Greene too), I’d look no further. Release Eric Smith and…
    Fire tannenbaum, please

57. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

It is funny how people say if a draft pick is doing well on one team,it means he would do well on your team,their are different schemes,offensively and defensively and to label a pick a success and another a failure after three games is a little much,What is Trent “the beast’ Richardson’s stats so far and he is a can’t miss as all the prognosticators had stated.Give it Time.

58. By GaryC on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

people asking to bring back Plexiglass,give me a break,the guy is doing interviews already for his next career,how low can we go,As Mr.Checker used to say.

59. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Ron, ol buddy, lets just put aside those overthrows to wide open receivers for a minute and focus on those that actually were in the same zip code as the receivers. I know you, like I, replay the game and try in our not so infinite knowledge to break it down. When you do that, look closely at those receptions that WERE made, now tell me, in how many of those were the receiver, TE or RB able in position to tack on significant YAC due to the pass being right on the money? Will that show up in any stat sheet? No! But trust me, it is there in plain sight, just look for it.

60. By scjoe on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Oh, by the way Ron, yes! He did throw for 300 yards (barely) but it took him almost 5 quarters to do so. And the completion percentage?

61. By Jack on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Face it it all over now Can’t see the Jets winning no more then 7 games. Finishing the season at 7-9 or 6-10. With that Jets could be picking within the 1st 10 Rd’s in next year nfl drafts. They would be crazy not to draft a RB with the 1st pick. Marcus Lattimore is one of a few hands full that will be taking in the 1st Rd. Other players jets could needed but Im hoping they fall into the 2nd Rd’s. RT/OT Jake Matthews Texas A&M…RT/OT D.J Fluker Alabama Jets might as well take a OT/RT with the 1st as well But hardly think that they will. Some other players I like that I hope Jets can get are TE, Tyler Eifert Notre Dame RB, Montee Ball Wisconsin. TE, Joseph Fauria UCLA, RG/OT Barrett Jones Alabama. RG/OT Chance Warmack Alabama.

62. By kevin65fan on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

Hey KleckoFan…have to ask you something…and what got my curiosity was when you mentioned lageman…is this Eric from Bronx living now in sunny Florida…Kevin from New York…

63. By Viveca on Sep 24, 2012 | Reply

I Just watched Monday Night football. The Seahwks came up with eight sacks in the first half!! An undrafted free agent had four of them! Why is it that our”look under every rock” GM Tanny can never locate people like that? Maybe because he’s a numbers guy not a football guy. And why is it that our HC seems unable to develop players. Wilson makes the same mistakes he made as a rookie! Also why didn’t we pick up Cederic Benson who runs and catches better than any of our RBs. Other teams throw their rookies into the fire, why can’t we?
    This organization is infuriating! Time to start all over again??

64. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

I can see re-signing Coleman due to losing Revis for the yr, Karan, but like GaryC says, these shrimp-sized DBs aren’t what we should be going after, and they’re the furthest thing from the future with respect to pass defense in the NFL. As for “Cro, Wilson, Coleman, Lankster, and Trufant should be fine at corner,” the only really great player in that group — and he’s not consistently great — is Cro. The others are variously either learning or not learning. I expect this group to get torched for the most part for the rest of the yr, especially with our weak pass rush. (We’re currently 29th in sacks.) Anyone who still thinks Rex is some kind of D genius is crazy. The best player he had was one he had nothing to do with getting or grooming.

65. By joeyjets12fla on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

spicer i’ve been to many a game at the stadium down here some in torrential rain storms and believe me they have a really good drainage system, they were not playing in slop. now, that being said the rain and overcast actualy kept the temps down and it wasn’t raining that hard.fact is raining no rain hot weather or cool they played like crap and still pulled one out of there hat thank you Philbin for the time out or we’d be 1-2. something has to change on the O and the D. yeah we won but nothing to celebrate about.

66. By JetBlue on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Okay, a win is a win, but part of me wanted that game to end the way it should have, with a Dolphins victory……or really, a Jets defeat. But now Rex will tell everybody that he’s proud of the way the team fought back and won. The Fins offense was even more enemic than the Jets, yet they held the lead most of the game. The Jets defense looked uninspired and out of sync. Wilson should put his jersey on backwards so that maybe he’ll face the right way when the ball is comng. Sanchez had a 300 yd game….but, he over and under threw receivers all game long. Still looks like he’s a backup that just entered the game and has no rhythm. Thank you Santonio for all the catches & the penalties called on your DBs, oh and for winning the game!

67. By JetBlue on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Spice: Every time it looks like your geting closer to reality with Sanchez, you take a step back. Playing in the slop? C’mon man. Stop making excuses for MS. It was a beautiful sunny day last week in Pittsburgh and he played the same way. Inaccurate and unsure is no way to play this game. College QBs make better/quicker decisions than this guy and they throw the ball to where the WR will be, not to where he already was. The one throw to Powell sums up what MS is all about. Yes, Powell got his hands on the ball and should have caught it. But he had to turn completely around to get to it and would not have had the 1st down anyway. Pete Carroll warned that MS was not ready to play in the NFL. He was so right, even 4 yrs later.

68. By JetBlue on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Three sure signs that your Head Coach is clueless:
    1. Keeps putting Greene in the game only to watch him run directly into the line, over and over again. Powell comes in and starts getting 4 to 5 yds a pop. Earth to Rex.
    2. That TD to Kurley is unstopable in man coverage. Ask Brady. He makes a living on it. Only problem is you have to practice it, and make a quick decision to throw the ball. Not a strength of MS or this offense. How ’bout skipping the sleep-ins and practice some plays so your offense looks like they know each other.
    3. According to Rex, when you win ugly, you take it. When you lose ugly, you have to play better. There’s a huge difference between winning ugly, and playing ugly. This team is not inspired, Rex!

69. By Ronald T on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

After reading all of the above I ask myself “Just what would have been said if we lost?” The answer is NOT MUCH except the added calls for how soon to fire the whole front office. Top 10 pick, top 5 pick, it doesen’t matter if you can’t judge talent or develop a player. Sooo dissapointing. No running game No passing game. it’s a good thing we have the refs to distract us.

70. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Fact is Carpenter makes either FG he missed we lose period,spin it anyway you like. Spicer as usual blaming the whole team instead of where blame lay, Field to Sloppy NOT, Hill, Greene, Dropped passes, maybe if Sanchez lead them or laid it on them with more accurately. I would agree, Spicer did you watch Packers and Hawks game..Rogers sacked 8 times in the first Quarter couldn’t get anything going but
    ,they adjusted in a stadium with a noise factor second to none overcame every obstacle possible all to get robbed in the end.. how is it Settle has a defense that good with Carrol who formally coached the NYJ and we’re still foundering around three guesses first two don’t count

71. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

S.C.Joe, I hear you on the errent passes and please dont think I’m joining Danny and Spicer as M.S. apologist #3. But, like you i did watch the game and Cumberlin inexplicably ran his defender into the area Sanchez was throwing which caused the int. and hegot chewed out for it by Sparano. On one of the long passes Hill pulled up lame and I think it was a t.d if he ran through it. On the other long pass to Schillens the D.B made contact well after the 5 yds allowed and that threw off the timing which resulted in the sleightest of overthrows(about 1/2 a stride.Now i watch a lot of football and saw Aaron Rogers and other elite Q.B’s do the same this week.Hey, the guy took a lot of shots and kept fireing.Not saying he’s elite, but I thought he-

72. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

cont.- played o.k. There were actually 7 drops and a couple of great deflections by Miami D.B’s and L.B’s so with a little luck his % could have been a lot better.64, i anxiously await your thoughts on S.Hill’s developement(or should I say lack of?
    JACK, lets not start dreaming about next years draft picks because for one thing we currently have a clueless G.M who would no doubt squander them away for older washed up has-beens.Also, its way to early to know who will even be available for the draft.And by the way, you never draft a R.T in the first rd. R.T’s are generally failed L.T’s who slide into that spot as pros.You can generally get a good starting calaber R.T in the middle rounds.Gee, what a surprise,,no Joe this week?

73. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Yes, Viveca, it’s time to start over, from as high up as possible starting with Woody. Nice memory on Walker, GaryC, who turned into possibly the greatest WR this team has ever had, dominated the game at times in a way even Maynard couldn’t. Hill dropping passes is the least of our problems now. We have a D-minded HC who can’t get results on D and knows nothing about O. A FO and HC who are compiling the worst record for drafting players and developing them in Jet history. The whole thing has to change. Even Arte was humming “Taps” to me on the phone yesterday, though of course he was doing it because of the loss of Revis.

74. By kleckofan on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Kevin 65- No I’m not Eric from the Bronx; I’m Mike from CT now out in Oregon. Always liked Lageman, any guy that says all he needs are two pairs of jeans, a motorcycle and a toothbrush is alright w me.

75. By kleckofan on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Amen to the comments from Viveca (re tanny), Joey & JFT64 and JetBlue, loved the Wilson shirt on backwards, so true! The O looked like it was the first day of OTA’s, throws to open spaces, hitting Tebow in the head, penalties. Whoever wrote up above that systems matter to performance is right, but watching the Seattle game made me think that we are not drafting worth a #@mn. This team’s demise is Tannenbaum. We may have been able to succeed w Rex, we’ll never know…the old Parcells addage: “you want me to cook let me choose the ingredients” might apply. If Woody can’t see the abject failure that Tannebaum is we are doomed to inadequacy. On a positive note, I may be able to get tix for our game in Seattle a bit cheaper & easier now.

76. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

RON A, still another thing about Rex that is disastrous is the way he decided, starting with Sanchez whom he pressured insanely, that he had to win a Super Bowl right away instead of choosing to maturely try to build a solid team. That’s why he’ll be gone in way less than his oft-quoted “10 yrs” that he cites, because he didn’t actually THINK about how to build a team over that time. And so now we have people saying Hill is terrible after 3 games, instead of looking around the league at people who were terrible for almost 3 yrs and then became stars. Woody contributes to this misery-go-round by going for gimmicks like Tebow, which is why he must sell and we must start the Jet franchise all over again in Manhattan, Queens, or Nassau County.

77. By scjoe on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Ron A, I will give you MS “played OK” Not exactly what you look for in a top 6 draft pick and a franchise QB. I take in to consideration the drops, the route running etc. But bottom line, I said it before and I will say it again, Mark Sanchez “may be OK” when EVERYRHING around him is at or above 100% It is not! And because it is not now, or will be in the foreseeable future, he is not the answer for this team.

78. By joe on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

N Jet DREAMERS LIVING IN A FANTASYLAND OF SB VICTOTYS TO COME with or without REVIS this team is average at best .We have not beaten a winning team since 2010.This week we needed 2 special teams blunders to beat MIAMI(whose the worst team in the NFL STARTING A rookie qb )Guys please in a QUARTERBACK DRIVEN LEAGUE WE HAVE what amounts to possibly the WORST STARTING QB (ROOKIES INCLUDED )IN FOOTBALL.Untill WOODY TOTALLY CLEANS HOUSE and gets a personal directer in here that can DRAFT AN ELITE QB we got no shot .On the subject of drafting its looks like ANOTHER TYPICAL MIKE T DRAFT =BEYOND TERRIBLE (does COUPLES HAVE A SACK OR EVEN A TACKLE YET )By the way RON A i TOLD YOU CHANGING THE OC WOULD DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TALENT WINS IN THE NFL

79. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

Guess I’ll remain invisible on this site huh Blinka, ., I’ve been on Wilson much longer than one’s you mention, I followed Boise state, Now Here’s my next thought I’ve been on Powell ban wagon since last month, all while most here were sulking over losing Canaway. he was just pegged as the sleeper RB by a few experts in Fantasy Football league . But who cares what Mike Jet Vet thinks ..

80. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 25, 2012 | Reply

MJV, few could disagree with what you think about the RBs given the second yr in a row when Greene doesn’t look anything like the guy who played TJ off the team in his rookie yr. Funny (not ha-ha but strange) how Rex can’t seem to develop anyone really good at the two positions he never stops talking about, RB and CB.

81. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

64, great post my man, I agree 100% Woody is the problem. I have read a lot of articles in the N.Y.papers that say Tanney is 100% secure as Woody loves him. if that is true we are in for a long run if misery as Jet fans. S.C>Joe, believe me we are on the same page! No way I see M.S as elite. I just thought people were unfairly judging his performance vs.Miami as the whole group on O was abysmal at best!JOE, you are alive? Will you stop saying I’m one of the Sparano guys! I repeat, I was not one of the endorsee’s on that one! i do agree with you about the state of the organization though. Tannenbaum has made quite a mess of this team. 64 is on the money, time to tear it down and start over!