• Sun., Apr. 20, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel
  • Sun., May. 04, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Draft Show Prior to 1st RD of NFL Draft
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 6:30PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 08, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

McKnight Adding CB to his Jets Bio Page

Posted by Randy Lange on September 26, 2012 – 3:39 pm

Updated, 5:45 p.m. ET

The talk about Joe McKnight playing a role in the secondary has been with him coming out of high school, and it’s been on the back burner with the Jets last season and even this season.

Today Rex Ryan, taking into account Darrelle Revis’ severe knee injury and the desire for some flexibility at the position, moved McKnight toward the corner burner.

“We’ll do that this week with Joe,” the Jets head coach said at his midday news conference. “He’ll have a role on offense, but we’re also teaching him how to play corner — not in a full-time capacity, but he’s going to be over there a ton, in the meetings and everything else.”

With Ellis Lankster (low back) questionable for Miami and then with Revis going down late in the third quarter and Antonio Cromartie even missing a snap after jarring his shoulder, the Jets have the need for some in-game corner flexibility. And with McKnight being used little on offense (seven plays, three rushes, no receptions) and contributing on kickoff returns and a few other special teams units, he is an option to go in the game on the defensive side of the ball.

McKnight played corner his first two seasons at John Curtis HS in Louisiana, and even after he emerged on offense his last two seasons, he continued to contribute at corner, in particular as a junior with three interception-return touchdowns. He has said he was recruited by USC in part due to his secondary skills although he was used primarily as a running back and secondarily as a punt returner by the Trojans.

Needless to say, playing CB even on a part-time basis in the pros would be a challenge — in fact, McKnight said today, “Me playing cornerback in high school is not helping me right now” — but this is something the Jets seem ready to explore as they move forward.

“Even when he was a rookie, we felt he had the necessary skills to play corner, the athleticism, the ball skills,” Ryan said. “I don’t think there’s any reason to think Joe McKnight couldn’t be a corner. It’s just going to take time, obviously, but with DT [Dennis Thurman] and Jimmy O [Jim O'Neil] over there, I think we’ve got great teachers.”

After practice, McKnight put the best face on it, yet he admitted, “I was surprised, but you’ve got to move on. … The way I took it was I wasn’t good enough as a running back. The coach tells you your position’s changed, you’re going to take it a certain way. That’s how I took it. It might not be the case, I don’t know what the case might be, but that’s how I’m taking it right now.”

While surprised, he said he wasn’t “disappointed or anything like that. Coach makes decisions, you’ve got to go out and do what they say to do.”

He even said he enjoyed a productive first day at his new position, coming up with three interceptions.

“Yeah, Mark [Sanchez] threw me one, I think [Tim] Tebow threw me one, and Greg [McElroy] … I think I got one from all three,” he said. The implication was that the QBs each threw No. 25 a pick to welcome him to that side of the ball. In any event, McElroy didn’t recall throwing one in McKnight’s direction.

“But Cro got me a couple of times,” the other Mac said. “I hate throwing picks, but if it translates on Sunday, I’m fine with it.”

And McKnight said he’s fine with this new line on his NFL résumé.

“I’m just happy to be on the football field,” he said. “I’m not one to stand on the sidelines.”

Official Agreement?

Word during Ryan’s news conference came from a reporter that the NFL and the NFL Referees Association may have reached an agreement to end their labor impasse and that the league’s officials could return to work possibly as soon as this weekend’s games.

None of that has been announced yet, but one way or the other, Ryan said it wouldn’t change his approach to getting the Jets prepared for the 49ers.

“If that’s the case, all we can do, all I’m going to do is get our football team ready to play, no matter who’s out there officiating,” Ryan said. “That’s the job of any head coach.”

Injury Reports

The Jets list 19 players on this week’s first injury report. At the top of the list, Revis is being listed as out. LB Bart Scott (toe), WR Stephen Hill (hamstring) and S Eric Smith (hip/knee) did not participate in today’s practice. Four more players — FB John Conner (knee), TE Dustin Keller (hamstring), LB Bryan Thomas (hamstring) and WR Patrick Turner (hamstring) — were limited. The other 11 Jets were all full-go at practice. Click here for the Jets’ full injury report.

San Francisco is listing only five players on their report. LB Patrick Willis (ankle) and P Andy Lee (hand) were full participants in today’s practice in Ohio. RB Brandon Jacobs (knee) and WR Ted Ginn (ankle) were limited. DT Isaac Sopoaga (ankle/knee) did not practice.

Tags: , , , , ,

82 Responses to “McKnight Adding CB to his Jets Bio Page”

1. By since shea on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Wait, am I reading this right? McKnight is to be shown how to play corner? Are you kidding? He should be at RB turning corners on sweeps and catching screen passes! Almost like having a QB that maybe should be a RB? TE? Fools. Kyle Wilson, a 1st round CB pick must perform in a cover two. Get Demario and Maybin out there instead of the slow Scott and Pace tandem. This leadership team needs to start being smart! Draft picks from the last 4 years have not distinguished themselves at all. Why isnt Coples on one side and Wilkerson on the other, both rushing the passer? Now throw in Maybin on a blitz while the very fast Demario Davis covers those tight ends on quick slants. You just have to shake your head. Man, you cant make this stuff up!

2. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Really?? Your going to make a guy whos been a running back his whole life play corner in a mere 3 days? Come on guys, its these type of things that make us the laughing stock of the NFL. McKnight should be the starter or second string at running back, not be at corner! I try to be as optimistic as possible but its these type of things that the organization pulls that just makes it so hard. Pretty darn infuriating at times. If McKnight turns out to be a good corner, I’ll eat my words but come on, realistically, sign someone, anyone, Coleman or Carr for example, get someone with experience.

3. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

McKnight isn’t thrilled about this either, he wanted to “master runnng back” first. Quite frankly, I think he deserves that oppurtunity.

4. By scjoe on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

This just keeps getting more and more comical. Now we are going to see the 2nd or 3rd string RB become the # 2, 3, or 4 CB? Is that really the best way this void can be filled? There is not a CB out on the FA market OR on another teams PS that can’t somehow fill the CB void any better then our 2nd string RB? From what I have seen, that #2 RB should be moved up to #1 RB then, go out and hit the streets for that additional CB. But like Blinka, what do I know?

5. By scjoe on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

My take on the trade DR or not to trade DR talk. Of course it is still pretty cloudy at this point. But If they can “still” get a 1+ after this season I think you have to consider it. I think there are 2 things that may take the sting out of losing a player of his caliber, 1- an elite RB who can get to the outside and can put some balance in this offense and open up the passing game for no matter who the QB will be. 2- A certified pass rusher! Because that can make whoever is taking DRs place a better CB from the get go. That, of course, providing our illustrious FO, led by you know who see’s it that way.

6. By SCfromNY on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

So just to put pen to paper since I find it hard to believe what i AM READING. The Jets will take someone who given a chance might be a game changing RB and convert him to corner. A position so difficult that there is a huge premium on drafting CBs and trading for them. We have a 2nd string QB who can not pass brought in to play the wildcat which we hardley use. Here’s my questions: Is Rex this incompetent? Is Rex run by Tanny? Can anyone believe they can field a winning team? Rex says a #1 Defense. They are so far away from #1 it is ridiculas. Best chance to win Sunday is the refs get harbaugh so mad he loses it and is ejected with his best players. WHY CAN”T OUR DRAFT PICKS SUCCED? Coaching or the players?

7. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

The ’63 Mets — er, 2012 Jets — continue to evolve, with Rex dead seriously talking about moving McKnight to CB. So we basically gave up on Leon for an RB that we’ve never given a real chance to play the position even though we have less outside speed at RB than just about any team in the league. Brilliant, Rex!

8. By Jake on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Trade Darrelle Revis?! Is that a bad attempt at a joke? you have got to be kidding me. There is no way this team can be better by trading 24. I know that there are alot of holes on this team that need to be filled but giving up the face of our franchise, the best player at his position (arguably ever), and the best defensive player in the game. Trading him does not make this team better. We made two AFC championship games playing the same defensive scheme as this year. I don’t know what is going on with this team right now, but this doens’t get solved by trading Revis.

9. By Spank on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

How about brining in some wideouts we only have one so bring Plax back..

10. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Making Knight a C/B when you have Quinton Couples who showed exceptional moves and spreed on defense… Why not use Couples it’s for sure he is a better choice then Knight. Here we go again. I hate saying this but the 49′rs are going to destroy Knight…

11. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

One more thing “QUINTON COUPLES” is 6’6″ and 285 pounds with speed, and could out jump most receivers, what the heck are you guys thinking…

12. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

MAN, I may not like this choice but I will stick by this choice and say “LETS GO JETS”…

13. By Charliejet on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

yea – I can see it now TannenBUST trades Revis to New England for three fourth round picks and a 3 rd round pick from the 2022 draft. “I thought we came out ahead on this one especially that 2022 draft – you never know at that point.”

14. By No one cares what Blink thinks on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Trade DR for a draft choice!

And who will they pick: Gholston? Wilson? Wilkerson? Couples?

15. By No one cares what Blink thinks on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Look at our roster. No one scares you. Revis was the only player. This is not some old retired player with no life mouthing his opinion, it is a fact.

Woody do you care?

Funny the gems they picked in the later rounds, the Cotcherys, the Washingtons, the Smiths… Tannenbaum/Ryan let them go!

16. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Is it just me or does this team just not spend money on free agents the last 2 seasons??

17. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Make Powell the starter, make McKnight the 3rd down back and have Greene be the power back in short yardage situations. Why is it so difficult for this coaching staff to understand this?

18. By TONY GARCIA on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

JET fan since 1969. LET this play out, and when the dust settles if team is a total flop with no heart then let the people who put team together pay the price.THAT being said AFC EAST is not a very strong division anything is possible.WERE 2-0 in division beat PATS. anybody can win.

19. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Since sheas right, use McKnight as the screen pass running back. Dude is fast, give him a chance, you can’t judge a player just by what you see in training camp or preseason.

20. By Karan on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

I hope this Joe McKnight thing goes as far as Cromartie playing receiver. Haven’t seen it yet and hope to never see it.

21. By John Mulzoff on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

why can’t we get Jericho Cotchery Back??? He’s an Awesome Wide reciever. Though I know it may be percieved that Concussion Prone Wayne Cherbets Best days may be behind him if we can get him out of retirement even for just 1 season & Possibly get Lavernious Coles Braylon Edwards & (Plaxico Buress) Back because he’s a nice tall reciever that presents options for Sanchez to throw to even while possibly in Coverage I Firmly believe with the existing players we now have if the previously aformentioned was done we’d have us a Championship Caliber team. I realize that this is all but a Huge Pipe dream if not my version of fantasy Football we could have ourselves a real shot at the Big Show in the Superbowl?This is what true Jets fans go through.

22. By Daniel on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

Geez…..here we go, our running game is laking and we go take a RB and put him on defense. Really???? C’mon get it together.

23. By Chris on Sep 26, 2012 | Reply

I think tebow should play CB he is fast and strong

24. By Frank Verde on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

I want to wish Darrelle Revis the best for a great recovery. It’s a rare person who has the talent, perseverance, and brilliant preparation to be the best at anything week in and week out. Proud you’re a Jet.

25. By Frank Verde on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Admittedly, you guys know much more about football than I. But, all this emotional, knee-jerk gibberish muddles issue after issue. In pre-season, when the Jets were running a base defense, Ellis, Q and others looked pretty awesome. That’s not the defense the Jets are running now. These guys have to learn one of the most intricate systems in the NFL. They’re going to play in direct proportion to their knowledge and execution within that system. It would take a clairvoyant to know who’s a bust and who isn’t.

On the other side, it’s hard enough dealing with a new offense without all these hamstrings wreaking havoc on it. I’m cherishing every win we can muster until things smooth out. Go Jets!

26. By Purpleflash on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

With the lackluster performance of the Jet’s running game so far, I still have echos in my mind of that monster season ending game Joe McKnight had his rookie year lighting up Buffalo. This guy deserves a shot at RB.

27. By TONY on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

TRADE REVIS? ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO? NO WAY!! you need to go and sign some quality free agents who can rush the passer, or just start drafting better I’d bring in a guy who is known for drafting well to help Mike T out, as far as McKnight goes he has played some corner before, and if it gets him on the field more than I’m all for it, you never know I’m not saying hes going to be Revis or even Johnny Sample or Willie Brown, but he can be solid there what they plan on doing from what I have heard is they will probabily have Couples on one side and Mo Wilkerson on the other and blitz more that way I’d personally like to see more Brian Thomas instead of guys like Josh Mauga get him off the team now, bring in a guy like Donte Paige-Moss

28. By TONY on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Or Jarred Paige, you need to have depth in the secondary lets see some of these rookies that you drafted I’d like to see Antonio Allen, he was a ball hawk in college and he played close to the line, what about making a trade to bring in a solid guy or signing a guy like Bryant McFadden the former Steeler there’s a ton of moves that can be made the front office just has to go out and make them

29. By Jetlag on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

McKnight needs to be the starting RB, not some stupid CB experiment that everyone knows is going to burn us! I like Rex, but I’m really starting to question some of the thinking here.. They ought to use Tebow as a change-of-pace RB or pass-catching TE out of the backfield. Where the hell is the pass-rush?? Let’s get Coples and Maybin involved more!!

30. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

From the Mouths of Back-Ups: McKnight on having played CB in college: “That does not help at all,” McKnight said. “It’s been a while since I played CB, maybe if I’d played CB in college 4 years. Me playing CB in high school does not help right now.” With this, Joe proves he could probably conduct a better Jet draft than Mr T and Rex put together, who first ignored the Parcells 4-yr-starter rule, then the play-him-at-his-college position rule, and now even the play-him-on-the-same-side-of-the-ball rule. Let the myth that Rex is a defensive genius, much less a HC who knows what to do with young players, end here and now. I’m having eerie flashbacks to the days of my youth when I’d anticipate new ways in which the ’60s Mets would lose.

31. By Mattman on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

So let me get this straight the Pats can use a WR at CB on more than one occasion and its okay there not an laughingstock or anything its just a smart move by Bill. Then here comes Rex doing the same thing due to an depleted secondary and he’s comical this sez a lot about Jets Fans I’m kinda ashamed to consider myself one because Ive started to see that this team has the worst fans ever, but you know what Ive been a fan so long and I really never paid attention to these comment boxes anyway because now I realize the only thing comical are the fickle fans that find anything to complaint about

32. By JetBlue on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

This makes perfect sense now. RB playing CB,and Cro playing WR. Apparently the geniuos of T-Rex is paying off. They had us all fooled – like The Chief in “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”. We thought they were drafting position players with questionable talent, when the whole time they were drafting players that could play multiple positions. What we didn’t know is that Tanny & Rex had secret game tapes of these players when they were on Pee-Wee football teams. Talk about cutting edge scouting. Stay tuned for more of this week’s episode of Dumb & Dumber. Yes kids, the circus is back in town. Being a Jet fan is like being a WWWF fan, with Rex being Vince McMahon. It’s not really about winning, it’s the entertainment value. We’re #1!

33. By IRA on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Its too bad they have given up on McKnight as a RB that is very clear. Can he play CB? Who knows but i can say this they are giving it a shot to see if they can use him to blitz. Since they got rid of Lowery and Coleman they don’t have any DB’s that have the quickness to get to the QB. I think McKnight can.
    SF is a bad matchup for the Jets this week. can only hope that SF plays sloppy and the Jets can take advantage of that.

34. By joeyjets12fla on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

if annoucing mcnight as a CB puts a spark under wilson fine other then that this is completely insane. and even trying to get a spark, isn’t ground and pound supposed to be, in your face this what we’re doing now stop us. instead we’re getting head games. and how do you pull this off in practice where does mcnight get his reps at, the back field, or the secondary?

35. By No one cares what Blinka thinks on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

64 you are right.
    This team would still be bad with Revis. Again, nobody cares, wasted opportunities to draft lineman who can rush the QB……Gholston, Wilkerson, Couples. One is gone, one is not making any plays and one is only on the field part time and does not practice hard. ALL FIRST ROUND PICKS. Woody does not care.

Eh, why do I bother,
    #54

36. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

KARAN &S.C.JOE, I wouldn’t be overly concerned about makeing Mcknight try his hand at C.B. Bilacheat has had great success using Troy Brown and Julian Edelman to name a few as corners in New England. Actually, Mcknight has more speed and athletic ability than either of thos guys and has played the posisition quite a bit on the scout team as well his his highschool experience.Personally, I dont find this half as rediculos as people saying Tebow should be the starting running back or tightend? C.B is a posisiition where athletic ability and instincts are at least equally as important as technique and fundementals. Also, I’m think’n saving a roster spot plays a part in this decision as much as anything else. Not say’n I love it,but I do get it

37. By Ronald T on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

This is going to be an interesting game.

38. By SCfromNY on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

So Rex thinks moving McKnight to CB is an answer. How about Bush? He played corner in college. I guess our running game is so great we can go forward without giving mcKight a chance. I think Rex is desperate to show he is a defense genius. Really upset his brother has #1 D in Dallas. Can we beat the 49ers? Yes but not with the game plans we have been using. Greene in Maimi at one poit had 12 carries for 20 yards. How do you think he will do against the 49ers? Is Rex afraid to unleash his wildcat because it will be as bad as his other ideas? last year kerley threw a 42 yard pass out of wildcat. Sanu threw for 72 out of wildcat. Use Tebow or trade to another team looking for useless headlines.

39. By Mike Jet Vet on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

I can’t believe , nobody here, understands why Joe McKnight hasn’ been installed as #1 RB after 3 seasons I said in a previous post.. He can’t take a hit without dropping the ball..Doesn’t matter how bad you believe coaches are, no coach is that bad, Why you ask? this kid has been here in camp working practicing everyday 3 camps and Minni’s even Rich Kotite couldn’t miss good talent for that long.. Now I’m not saying it’s impossible just not likely. So maybe it’s not such a bad Idea let it play out lets see,no one can be worst than Wilson believe that

40. By Allan O'Dane on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

NYJ is going to have to play more zone and less man to man. This means that the front seven MUST apply pressure on the qb. But from what I have seen lately our defense can’t stop a nosebleed..( Gee..I wonder where I heard that before ). Teams have been running on us right up the middle!. The defense was designed to keep us in a few games but now teams will start picking on wilson and that means playaction all day long on this D. Unless NYJ gets this running game going, I see lots of three and outs on the O. Well Mike T and Rex ryan built this team but did not build it for plans B and C. And I just read an article that RG3, Luck, Wilson and Weeden have a higher complete % then Sanchez!?! Something is wrong with that picture……

41. By Bettor2be on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Instead of being disappointed, McKnight ought to take this as a compliment. Backup running backs are a dime-a-dozen in the football world. There are but a few really good cornerbacks out there. If the Jets’ staff believes that McKnight can play CB in this league, then he should take it as a promotion. CB is a much more valuable position to a team than RB.

42. By vam on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Whine, whine, whine. All that happened in Miami last week was that the jets beat a
    tough divisional opponent on the road. End of story.

43. By Bettor2be on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

My friend, Jets’ Fan Since ’64: Parcells’ drafts with the Jets were nothing to be so proud of. All-time great head coach, no doubt…lousy drafter though. Scott Frost, a position projection from running QB in college to S in the pros…in round three! Kind of goes against the so-called ‘four-year rule’ and the ‘play on the same side of the ball rule’, doesn’t it? Now look closer at Tannenbaum’s premium round picks. Only blew completely Gholston, Schlegel and Clemens since the 2006 draft. His record is good compared to most other teams. Who would you have taken instead of Gholston in 2008?

44. By saideegirl on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Maybe Mr T and Rex have been given a warning by Woody to get it done with what you have. This could be the last tandem for both. Any thoughts on this theory???

45. By scjoe on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Ron A, you will have to define “great success” re: Belichek using guys like Edelman and Brown at CB or safety. I never really saw that. What I have seen out of NE in recent years has been a not so steller defensive backfield, but other phases of their game that more then made up for those deficiencies. Are we really on a level playing field here?

46. By scjoe on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

I know there are those who are dead set against trading Revis. I think you may be confusing Darrelle Revis BEFORE the ACL injury with Darrelle Revis AFTER the ACL injury. Revis is what, 28 – 29 years old? That is young by everyday standards but not by football standards. It will more then likely take a full 2 seasons for him to be back exactly where he was. By then he will be 30. Factor in the contract and the contract demands and the fact that we are not even sure anymore what his value would be on the open market and we have a pretty muddied situation.

47. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

We are facing a excellent offensive and defensive team on Sunday the 49′rs. Give McNight the starting RB role and put COUPLES as CB… At 6’6″, 285 pounds and 4.5 speed. He can make a difference. “LETS GO JETS”, I am a die hard fan, but I feel the coaching staff has got to wake up….

48. By scjoe on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Bettor2be, that is a really good point about CBs value compared to RBs value, the only thing I would change in that equation is an “elite” CB is much more valuable. If we looked at this from the other side of the glass one could make the argument that a not so stellar CB could do much more damage out there then a not so stellar RB. I suppose we will have to take a wait and see on this one, but I can tell you that not playing the position since high school, in this league, could be a deterement.

49. By LouieLou on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Let’s give Deion a call. He’s only busy on Thursday nights. And he looks like he’s in game-shape in those NFL Ticket promos…..just sayin’

50. By FL.Pete on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Great points by Frank Verde, Ira, Mike jet Vet… You are some of the Best fans that leave posts here… I too think McKnight should get a shot at being the starting RB if Greene is not the answer, however id like to see greene get his fair shot first. i think Kyle is better suited for playing on the outside which kinda makes this a blessing in disguise for the jets. Mckiight has better lateral quickness and will be a better slot defender than wilson so if they both can swollow the pride of their hurt feelings and accept their roles, this could possibly be great for the team and the end of Revis Island in New York… As much as i admire the guy, hes not worth the type of money he will demand…

51. By robertpapalia on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

This is why the Jets are a circus and will never win anything until drastic measures. The moving of McKnight to cb is the latest example of the circus in action. Not until the current management crew is swept out will anything change around here. That is of course if the right people are put in charge. This smells more and more like Rich Kotite all over again. You cannot make this stuff up.

52. By Paul N on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Another desperate attempt of filling a hole! The 2012 Jets are a joke! The draft was a disaster and the motto of “one step quicker” is even a bigger one! Woody and company sold us a bag of goods filled with old apples! Seriously this team has more band aids then Proctor and Gamble!! Tebow move was simply to sell tickets!! I’m a long time fan, but this team is an inferior product, I wouldn’t spend a dime to watch a game! The circus has truly arrived with this move!!

53. By No one cares what Blinka thinks on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

The only thing that would make sense is that McNight is fumbling in practice too, BUT why would they trust him on kick-offs. I got to tell you folks, it does not make sense why McNight is not getting more of a chance at RB. Sort of reminds me of how Coslet had Toon on the sideline all the time. Well, not as bad as that

Eh, who cares what I think. Nobody sells my jersey,
    #54

54. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Ira, i dont think we’re giving up on Mcknight as a R.B; I think its more a case of having some additional depth at that posisition and not useing an additional roster space. This will probably be a short term thing until we can find a decent replacement for #24. MATTMAN, looks like we are on the same page on this issue, i’m surprised by all the negative comments considering the points you and I brought up about the Pats doing the same thing for years.Actually, last year Bilacheat used linebackers as T.E’s, def. linemen as f.b’s as well as Edelman(a college Q.B. as a w.r.,r.b, c.b and safty not to mention special teams as well? If a coach can get a guy(Tebow) to play several other posisitions its like a roster bonus.

55. By SCfromNY on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

McKnight is not moving to CB because he fumbles. Remember when Tiki fumbled a lot? The COACHES FIXED IT! That is what coaches do. Rex anoints players as the best . . . . . Fill in blank and refuses to admit he is wrong. Greene was behind Jones. LT was brought in to spell Greene and wound up starting. Last year with LT on his last legs was still trusted more than Greene. Geene goes nowhere and Tebow runs for 20, then McKnight flashes for 12 and Geene comes in and loses 6! Again I preface that i like REX, as a DC, but he is in over his head as a HC. He refuses to admit that he might be wrong about a player either one who was not as good as expected or better than he thought.

56. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Mattman, read JetBlue’s post right after yours and you’ll see who’s the uninformed fan and who’s the informed one. Blinka, I take “You are right” as a huge compliment coming from you! And yes, anyone who thinks that one great player on D can make up for many weak players, and even more weak player decisions, on that unit lives in a dream world. Unfortunately, that anyone would be Rex, our utterly dream-dotty HC. MJV, McKnight has simply had too few carries for that rap to be laid on him, it’s impossible for me to believe that he’s fumbled so much in camp that they don’t dare play him. Besides, in case you haven’t noticed, Greene fumbles constantly.

57. By scjoe on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

No one knows exactly how the McKnight experiment will work out, but to try and put it into perspective, it can not be a good thing if he is not totally on board with it, as I have read. That suggests to me it can backfire big time. Hope I am wrong because there is noting more I would like then to see it succeed, that could be huge for this team if it does. By the way, I went on record right here on Randy’s Radar on Tuesday stating the real refs would be back this week. Wallla!!

58. By Karan on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

49ers are probably the best team in football right now. They are absolutely STACKED. I mean come on, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Mario Manningham, Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss and probably the number one defense in the league with the likes of Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Carlos Rodgers, Patrick Willis. Are you kidding me? I really don’t see us winning this match. Their GM has done a great job.

59. By Karan on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

I will kind will take back my words a but. The Vikings beat em si you never know. But Jim Harbaugh is known for making great adjustments, with Rex, not so much.

60. By Karan on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

I remember when we were stacked a few seasons back, LaDainian Tomlinson, Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Jason Taylor, Alan Faneca, Jim Leonhard, Dwight Lowery, Ben Hartsock, James Ihedigbo, Damien Woody and heck, even Steve Weatherford and Jay Feely, WOW, what happened?

61. By Karan on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

We have replaced a couple of these players though but haven’t completely replaced Edwards, B. Smith, Leonhard, Lowery, Weatherford and Hartsock.

62. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

The next 3 weeks are going to be a proving grounds for the “OUR TEAM” 3 tough games in 3 weeks. I feel Houston will be the most dangerous, but when we beat the 49′rs it will pick up the momentum against Hoston at home. I know Knight is a good RB he is quick inside and outside. Maybe Rex knows what he is doing with Knight by making him a C/B. So lets all get on the band wagon and say “LETS GO JETS”…

63. By Charliejet on Sep 27, 2012 | Reply

Some people are insane here!

64. By Jake on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

mattman, great point about the patriots using a WR at CB. I completely forgot that the pats used Julian Edelman at dime corner in some sub packages. I’m not saying the Jets should do the same thing, but I like the point you made

65. By JetBlue on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Mattman: Fickle fans? You couldn’t be more wrong Bud. Real fans are not just Jet followers. They are informed because they go deep below the surface and understand football from every aspect of the game. Drafting, trading, coaching, Free Agent signings, strategy both on and off the field are what gives a team their identity. I don’t like what I see and because I am a passionate fan who has been a fan since the days of the AFL, I feel I have a right to say something stinks, when it does. Most of the critical posts here come from fans like me who are desperate and hungry for a team to be proud of. We are surrounded by fans of other teams who boast of Super Bowls and great QBs. If you were a true fan, this would be obvious to you.

66. By JetBlue on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Karan: You are right about the 49ers being stacked, but they did lose to the Vikes. They will be determined to win this game and will game plan to go after Sanchez, the weakest link. If the Jets have any hope of winning this game, they will need their QB to play smart, use the clock to their advantage and get the ball to Holmes. He is inspired and is now the only elite offensive player the Jets have. Alex Smith can be rattled so Rex may have to go back to his blitz from everywhere philosophy. Yes, that is a risk considering the CBs we have but if we rush 4 and hope for the best we will be behind by 17 before the half. This is the kind of game Rex used to claim he loved. Now, he’s probably not sleeping well.

67. By SCfromNY on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

It is becoming harder and harder to believe or trust in Rex to grade out his players or make the proper choice. Geene is playing poorly. The only game he had decent stats was Buffalo and they came near the end of the game. ith the exception of Peterson most backs have to be quick and shifty with probably using Ray Rice as the prototype. Greene is none of these. Every once and a while he will have a good game and Rex will jump for joy. How many top coaches would keep Greene as #! with his performances. Probably the only one who likes Greene beside Rex is Sanchez. He can pick up blitzes and his poor play takes some of the spotlight off him.

68. By CJF on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

MATTMAN and RON ALEXANDER seem to be the only positive fans on here. I agree with every word. This is the most whiney negative fanbase in the NFL. Have faith. All the comments talking about what should be done, then why aren’t any of you working in the front office for a NFL team since you all know so much? We get disrespected enough by outside fans let alone our own fanbase. Why do I even waste time reading comments on here anymore. GO JETS!!!

69. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Some of these guys who post about how great the current Jets are probably wouldn’t even believe how we looked in the old AFL, JetBlue — you know, back when we understood the importance of elite QBs and an explosive offense.

70. By RON ALEXANDER on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

KARAN, Ben Hartstock? Really? Come on kiddo, tell me your into the vino?Ben (stationary) Hartstock was nothing but a slow moving penalty machine for us. As for Brad Smith didn’t we get Tim our savior Tebow to replace him? And didn’t we get Landry to replace Leonard? Stephen Hill to replace Jaco ? MacIntyre to replace Jason Taylor?, B.Powell to replace Leon Washingtom? Well you get the idea, Tanney has replaced(with the exception of Hartstock) some very good players with guys who have not as of yet gotten the job done. Not a news flash but it speaks to your point about the talent level on this team today.Uggghhhhhhh!

71. By kleckofan on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

JFT 64- if there is any way to make Frank take off the “Jet fan 64″ from his moniker I’d pay to do it; it’s not helping your reputation…anyone confusing his statements w yours…
    Shout out to Omar the tent maker: buy more material.
    As I watch teams around the league (don’t call me a fake, negative Jets fan, I bought Sunday Ticket so I can see my boys out here in the NW) even the supposedly bad teams like the Browns seem to be getting the point that the league has changed; spped and athleticism rule the day. Where are our players that are fast, strong and athletic. This new line coach from Minn, does he teach spin moves, swim moves etc or just engage the O line and push? This kid in Seattle, Irwin, who they got crucified for drafting rushe

72. By kleckofan on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

cont rushes the passer w abandon and determination. We lean in and push, what is going on? I ma beyond words, its like a surreal nightmare. I hate the Giants, I’m from the like one NY team (Mets) hate the other (yanks), but they do epitomize professionalism. Maybe Woody does have othet things on(Mitt) his mind and the team is filling his pockets, but just take a look around. Your team is a joke.
    Fire Tannenbaum, get Gruden, give him authority to make moves, make Rex the DC and draft defensive backs and safeties over 6′ tall. Merry Christamas

73. By Tom Spicer on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

JetBlue, Is Sanchez really the weak link on this team? How about Greene? Mike Greenberg a big time Jet fan on Mike & Mike he said that Greene is the worst starting running back in the entire NFL! On a running team that is the weak link BY FAR!

74. By Vince-Florida on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

Hey Randy,
    Good Job!
    Mc Knight will “fill holes on the team” the way Brad Smith used to do back when he was on the Jets. Is Brad available, by the way, for our roster spot?
    What’s needed right away is to make QB (and general dogsbody) Tim Tebow the head of the Trick Plays Department!
    Item: He was just great getting the first down on that fake punt.
    So I can see him handling Double Reverses, etc., and stuff like that! He will have to fill holes too because so much Team Chemistry has been lost.
    Rattle Alex Smith’s cage with blitz packages and go Jets!

75. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

We all have been criticle about the Knight move. Some statements are confusing in here But I have to say this, win or lose The Jets are the team I havew been a fan of since the Titan days. I may not like some of the moves by REX. I never Liked bringing Spano or Tebow in. But what we have on the field is on the field. No matter what, I will always say.. “LETS GO JETS”.

76. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom on Sep 28, 2012 | Reply

CJF, it’s perfectly obvious why you read the comments on this site — to learn something, ANYTHING, about football.

77. By Charliejet on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

At least put SMITH at CB, not McKNIGHT !!

78. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 29, 2012 | Reply

I still feel Couples wuld be a great choice based on hs size, and speed at CB.. No matter who is there, “LETS GO JETS”, I hope I am not biting whats left of my nails off tomorrow…

79. By jets80 on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey, we are 2-1 and the season is spiraling down for us. Losing Revis is a major hit on a mediocre team, but others need to step it up or we will have a top 5 draft pick next year. We need to get Copples in there for more snaps as he has shown that he can pressure the QB. That in itself will make any corner better. The Tebow package has been a joke and if we are to win they will have to let him play more and actually throw the ball. Isn’t that what QBs do?? In todays game we will have to be creative to beat a SB calibre team. So, lace them up and give them all they can handle and come from all different angles!!! What do you have to lose!!!!

80. By JetBlue on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

CJF: You’re either a casual part-time fan or you don’t really watch football. The comments may be negative, but they are nonetheless the truth.

Spice: I agree with Greenie 100%, which makes Shonn Greene a weak link also. But he doesn’t have to make the decisions that MS does….or doesn’t make on every play. This team needs a QB that can lead, make all the throws, and demonstrate some degree of confidence and ability when pressured. MS does not do that and it shows every time we play a good team. I wish I could say something more positive about our QB, but playing well on one drive per game makes MS the weakest link, anong many weak links.

81. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

IN fifteen minutes it’s kick-off time against the 49′rs. “LETS GO JETS”. I don’t care if you win big or small. “LETS WIN”..

82. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Sep 30, 2012 | Reply

Today has proven Mark Sanchez is not the answer. To be shut out at home is bad enough. We lost holmes, possibly for the season. After watching todays game I am starting to believe we will have new coahes and a new Q/B for next season. We can not get into the end zone… How are we going to beat Houston next week, and then New England. The way the Jets played today, I see back to back shutouts…