• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game

Jets-Pats: Pregame Tweets – to 500K Followers!

Posted by Randy Lange on November 22, 2012 – 7:28 pm

Here are today’s pregame tweets for the Jets-Patriots game at MetLife Stadium, in case you missed them on Twitter. Follow Bob Wischusen, Eric Allen and me for our tweets during each Jets game on https://twitter.com/nyjets.

#RL Weather for Jets-Patriots at MetLife Stadium tonight expected to be clear/cold, temps falling through low 40s during game, little wind.

#RL Jets tonight are playing in the 8th Thanksgiving game in their history. Their record: 4-3 overall, 3-0 @ home (wins in ’60, ’61, ’10).

#RL NYJ inactives: QB Greg McElroy, RB Kahlil Bell, CB Aaron Berry, NT Damon Harrison, G Caleb Schlauderaff,G Hayworth Hicks,TE Hayden Smith

#RL WR Jordan White (#17), CB Donnie Fletcher (#34), CB Darrin Walls (#27), signed from practice squad, all active for Jets tonight.

#RL NE inactives:CB Marquice Cole OL MarkusZusevics G Logan Mankins T Sebastian Vollmer TE Rob Gronkowski DEs Jake Bequette & Chandler Jones

#RL Jets gained 403 yds of offense @ NE last month, their first 400-yd game vs Patriots since 1996.

#RL Mark Sanchez career passing numbers vs NE: 140-for-237 (59.1%), 1677 yds, 12 TDs, 10 INTs, 19 sacks, 80.1 rating, 3-5 record.

#RL TE Dustin Keller has 8 catches in a game 4 times in career. First time: Thursday night 11/13/08 as a rookie in Jets’ 34-31 OT win @ NE.

#RL DE Mo Wilkerson has 2 forced fumbles, 1 FR-TD in last 2 games. Last Jet w/ 4 fumble plays in back-to-back games: LB Calvin Pace, 2008.

#RL Nick Folk has eight 50+ FGs in his Jets career, 3 this season–pair of 51-yders @ STL on Sunday, 54-yder @ NE last month.

#RL Tom Brady career numbers vs Jets: 479-for-753 (63.6%), 5360 yds, 32 TDs, 11 INTs, 42 sacks, 92.7 rating, 17-5 record.

#RL NE’s Wes Welker vs Jets: 11 games, 75 receptions, 874 yds (11.7 avg), 3 TDs, 3 100-yd games.

#RL Tonight’s referee is Mike Carey. It’s Carey’s 18th Jets game as ref since ’95. He also officiated 2010 Jets-Bengals Thanksgiving game.

#RL Jets have scored on 2 of their 10 opening drives this season — 2 TDs (@ PIT, @ NE),

#RL Jets opponents have scored on 6 of their 10 opening drives—4 TDs (@ MIA, HOU, @ SEA, @ STL), 2 FGs (@ PIT, MIA).

#RL Jets wearing green jerseys, green pants tonight, for 6th time under Rex Ryan. Record in g/g: 4-1 u/ Rex, 11-8 since ’02.

#RL We’ve cleared 500,000 followers. Amazing! And to think 3 years ago we had 500 followers. Thanks, Jets Nation.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

60 Responses to “Jets-Pats: Pregame Tweets – to 500K Followers!”

1. By Byrdman on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

When it was 35-0 I shut the game off ! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the regulars here on radar – You deserve better than this…

2. By Jake on Nov 22, 2012 | Reply

disgusting… there really isn’t anymore reason to waste words anymore. It’s all been said thousands of times already. We know what the problems are, they have never been more self evident than tonight. It was quite fitting actually. Every single problem, glaring or underlying, came home to roost tonight. There you go Woody, are you happy that you’ve run this team into the ground. Now will you step aside and let people who actually care about this team run it?

3. By John N on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I don’t know what you would call that mess but that was no footbal game. Tebow was better on the side line then the whole team on the field.

4. By ELI RODRIGUEZ AKA (RUSS BALL 4GM) on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

AS A COACH, HOW COULD YOU ENTER A CRITICAL GAME WHEN YOUR SO-CALL BACK UP HAS A SERIOUS INJURY AND YOU REFUSE TO DRESS THE 3QB–THIS MAN LOST HIS MIND–HE’S SETTING HIMSELF UP FOR FAILURE!—-Tim Tebow dressed but didn’t play due to his rib injury, which for the first time he said after the game tonight were two fractured ribs that he sustained at Seattle. Ryan said, “I was only going to play Tim if we absolutely had to have him. That’s why he wasn’t on the punt team and didn’t have any snaps on offense. Hate to say but N.E. look sharp.

5. By JetBlue on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

OMG! There’s just no point in rehashing all that went wrong in this game. The only thing I took away is an empty feeling of despair. This was without a doubt the most embarrasing game I’ve seen any team play in many years. This was like that now famous Joe Pasarcik fumble over and over again in the same game. If this isn’t proof that Rex is not capable of preparing his team to play, well then, nothing is. Rex was right about one thing, Jet fans deserve better. To play this bad on your home field against your biggest rival is pathetic. This was indeed a statement game for this organization. That statement is “we are the joke of the NFL”. Woody, Tanny, Rex, MS are all being mocked. Same old Jets. NO THANKS.

6. By Charliejet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Embarrassing. What was the term Chris Collingsworth used “keystone cops”.

7. By kk on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Nothing to say just will reiterate that after39 years as a season ticket holder I am officially done. If I can’t sell my psl’s then so be it. Better than paying to watch a jv team and I’m tired of being ripped off especially when you start out $550 in the hole by paying for the useless preseason tickets. I’d rather spend it on family then a team that couldn’t care less about the fans.
    Woody let’s see what happens when you have an empty stadium guess you’ll need to spend some of your j&j dividends.

8. By Jack on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Getting So sick of Rex Ryan telling us the same old says. We giving everythings we got for are fans. Sorry but I think Rex Rayn be fired at the end of the season and would like to see Tanny get fired as well.

9. By kw65fan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I don’t believe this…what is wrong with Ryan. Tebow has 2 broken ribs but you still have him active on roster. Make hin inactive…activate Mac. Just don’t understand his thinking. what if Sanchez gets injured…then what. should have activated Mac…and put him in the 4th quarter…lets start seeing what the kid has. NO…probably afraid the kid will bring the team back and then you would have a real QB controversy. What …leave Tebow active so the Pats have to do extra practice for the wildcat…you have no clue Rexy. I like your heart and desire…but you have no clue in coaching.

10. By steven on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I won’t be a Jets fan any more until I see Greg McElroy out on the field. He’s a proven winner and can manage a game without turnovers. He went undefeated in high school and won the Texas state championship and he went undefeated at Alabama and won the national championship. He hardly threw any interceptions. He was voted one of the smartest athletes in America. Why watch the SOJ? Need I say more?

11. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Is Bart Scott Rex’s adopted son.

12. By chris long time jet fan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

marks first season playoff run 12 touchdows 20 interception… he now gives 2 turnovers a game 1 intercception and 1 fumble every game with out fail…..but i know longer blame mark hes doing what a good soldier does…rex has got to go now…they shouldnt wait they are to need to time preason not of enough….i could not give away… 4 jet tickets and a parling pass for 100 dollars…this is getting as bad as the isaah thomas and the knicks….why is nobody in charge?

13. By scjoe on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I see a lot of one word descriptions of this game, personally, I can’t think of one that would describe it appropriately. As I was watching the game with my son, he was shocked by their performance, I told him, being a Jet fan for 52 years it comes as no surprise to me, the NY Jets typically lay the biggest eggs when the stakes are at their highest, period! That is just what they do. In all my years of watching pro sports, I don’t think I have ever seen a team totally self destruct in a matter of minutes like this team did last night, and if I had, it would have been another performance by this exact team.

14. By ELI RODRIGUEZ AKA (RUSS BALL 4GM) on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

BYRDMAN: you’re not the only one disgusted Fireman ED– is being reported walked-out on the Jets at half time. WOW…..HOPE WOODY NOTICE THAT.

15. By Hassan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

It’s absolutely time to look at Greg McElroy as a QB. Tim Tebow is not a long-term answer because you cannot run the wildcat or the spead offense with Tebow running the way he does because he will not last a 16 game season.

The Mark Sanchez experiment is over. 4 years – still the same mistakes: not protecting the football, unable to move around the pocket when there is pressure, zoning in on one receiver.

16. By chris long time jet fan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

the best part is when mark ran into his own guy and almost knocked himself……OUT…..that was funny stuff…lol

17. By scjoe on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

How bad has it gotten? In Cimini’s report card he makes this statement, “there was one silver lining, Stephen Hill, (yes, the same Stephen Hill who they traded up for and selected in the SECOND round and instantly declared he would be the starter) caught “BOTH” passes that were thrown to him” O-M-G!! Are you kidding me? Please, someone, tell me that was a misprint, or meant something other then what I interpreted it to be. A few of us spoke recently about how low the bar has been set for this franchise, well, it don’t get any lower then that!!!!

18. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

we have had the mud bowl game,the spike game,the Gastineau late hit game,and now we have the ultimate,the unavoidable butt game.

19. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

The jets are getting torched against the run because they are playing more defensive backs,without Gronkowski didn’t know the patriots had the leagues best wideouts,Duh.

20. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Who is flying the plane over the stadium against Arizona,saying Rex must go,McElroy might volunteer.

21. By scjoe on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

In reading a few of the headlines around the sports sites I read things like “Pats rout NY Jets” or Pats embarrass NY Jets. I don’t think that is anywhere near accurate, what would have been more accurate was for the headlines to read, NY Jets EMBARRASS NY Jets! Because in reality that is what happened. I made this statement to my son and a friend just before game time, “if the Jets play pretty much mistake free, they can win this game” Well, after “mistake” # 6, about midway through the second quarter, we all agreed, if you can somehow take away all of those Jet mistakes to that point and try to assume what “could” have happened, the Jets would have been ahead. I rest my case!

22. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

let me get this straight,Vollmer and Mankins out for the pats,jets use seven defensive backs to stop Brady’s passing game,what about more of Coples,Sapp and Davis to put a rush on a weaker offensive line,or am I missing something.

23. By PSL holder getting robbed on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

After watching that debacle, I can say I WON’T be renewing my season tickets. It is clearly obvious that from the owner down to the so called starting QB, that NO ONE has a clue. This franchise doesn’t deserve the die hard fans that it has.

24. By IRA on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I am lost for words and just hope they can regroup and win a few games before the end of the year. Last time they played on 11/22 which was a Thanksgiving game back in 07 they lost to Dallas 34-3.

25. By ron alexander on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

GARY C, It wouldn’t matter who they put in yeaserday! This was one of the most bizaar games(even for the jets!) I have ever seen in my 52 years as a fan.This was the Murphy’s law “Butt bowl! everything that could go wrong pretty much went wrong! It was like the football was a yo-yo on a string & Bilacheat was in control. S.C.Joe, yeah, the bar is officially on the ground as there is no where but up to go from here! i was so embarrased as a lot of my friends are Giant fans and my cell phone has not stopped ringing. I eagerly await Ira’s calm words of wisdom. I have none!

26. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyspse Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I’m talking seriously because I’m slightly irked about having to take garbage from losers like punchie when I predicted almost every damn thing that’s happened this yr. I said we were likely to be 2-8 or 3-7 and that Rex could be gone by Thanksgiving, with Sparano as interim HC and Sanchez benched and on his way out. At 4-7 and last night’s loss, I’m not very far off and in any sane org, what I said above would be happening today. Instead it’s the same old post-game nonsense from Rex, Sanchez, and a few players (Keller, Cro) who are starting to sound as ridiculous as Rex. Only bright spot is Woody who was apparently too upset to answer any questions afterward, which might mean he’s getting serious about how terrible this team really is.

27. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyspse Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Anyone with a brain could tell 2 yrs in + that Rex wasn’t a HC. I’d say about halfway thru Sanchez’s 3rd yr that same brain-outfitted person could see that he doesn’t have the stuff of QB greatness and maybe not even of competence. And if there were any doubts about Mr T’s problems, the Tebow deal sealed it. I’ll no longer discuss the fate of those 4 hapless people, as to do so is an insult to my NFL IQ and that of many folks on this site. All that’s worth discussing is whether Woody can and will sell the team and how to get this disgraced franchise out of NJ and into a space where it can rebuild without constantly being compared to the Giants, who enjoy one of the best and most successful orgs in pro sports.

28. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom ocalyspse Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Finally, I think it’s time that some of you “optimists” take a good look in the mental mirror. I don’t hold that sunny viewpoint against you, Ira, not only because of your tenure and stature but because you express hope in a very polite way. But as for you fools who actually try to criticize those of us who clearly see the many flaws in ownership, management, and personnel on this team, please either go root for another team or go back to watching the Kardashians or whatever it is you’ve done to gain your powers of discernment. This country’s denial regarding Social Security, Medicare, and global terrorism is very small potatoes compared to the the denial on this site about this team’s massively obvious flaws across the board.

29. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom ocalyspse Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

“New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow was in such pain from two broken ribs that he threw right-handed — his off-hand — with a toy football in a postgame catch on the field with a young boy who attended Thursday night’s game as a guest of Tebow’s foundation. And yet coach Rex Ryan was prepared to play Tebow in an emergency if starter Mark Sanchez had been injured.” This alone is grounds for dismissal — of Rex. Tebow should never have come here to begin with.

30. By Charliejet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

TOM64 , SJOE, BENNET, GARY, BLINKA New England game actually beat the Heidi game (2 touchdowns by oakland in the last 72 seconds) us old timer’s remember that one the younger fans have no idea what I’m talking about.

31. By Charliejet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Gary C don’t forget to add the Heidi game to your list…..

32. By Charliejet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

If Rex doesn’t take him out, maybe Sanchez was trying to take himself out.
    You know if Sanchez wants to do the honorable thing, he should ask to restructure his contract or volunteer a pay cut on the condition that the team use that money to surround him with supporting players. WHAT A MESS ON ALL LEVELS (I am not yelling!)

33. By MIKE on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Guaranteed long term contracts to aging players.
    Serious lack of depth.
    No playmakers on offense
    Np real back up QB in place
    How many timeouts and time count violations called due to bad communication
    A divided locker room.
    Busted draft picks

Thats the Jets

34. By MIKE on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Mike wish list

Gone:
    Pace, Scott, Holmes, Tebow, Thomas, Bell (even though he is playing awesome)

Bring in:
    Pass rushers, legit back up QB to push and take Sanchez job, new LG ( first round pick), playmaking RB, Bush at S, Davis at LB, leadership, deep threat.

Parcells says, whomever is cooking the dinner should be shopping for the groceries.

If thats the case the Jets will starve.

35. By Mike Jet Vet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

We all know how this saying go’s, and what it means. Doing something over and over and over expecting a different result, Signs of insanity, I would rather accept this as an explanation, Than, Randy may not print this post but from what I’ve witness every week same mistakes and no one ever makes even an effort to correct it, just make same old excuses at pressers , there is no other way to look at or explain it away This is border line Incompetence. how many Millions go to coaches players and GM Woody if this all is a reflection on how you run a business, Time to fold up shop

36. By Viveca on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

It’s time to totally clean house. Wish the owner would go too, but no such luck.
    The worst problem with Rex is his blind loyalty to both players and coaches.
    All of us watching can tell that there is absolutely not enough talent in either department. Whether we like to or not we have to admire the well-oiled Patriot machine. No stupid chatter, no desire for headlines, if they have any internal problems they keep it to themselves. Rex keeps a very loose ship, and we can see the result. N.E. was without four starters and didn’t miss a beat. Almost comical at times, if it wasn’t so sad!.
    We need to start over with a dozen or so of the players, a new GM and a totally new coaching staff. “Play like a Jet….” Yeah…right!!

37. By Charliejet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64 – that rib thing was just wrong on all levels…And a lot of fans are “up in arms” about that. The lights are on all over the sports radio stations and according to the announcers it’s all about the Jets. People have just had it with this team. What a mess on EVERY level. Sanchez is just the tip of the iceberg. Didn’t know about the Woody thing after the game but I hope it is all true and maybe, just maybe Woody will finally get it. Love the idea to get em out of NJ bring em’ back to NY. To call a home of there own. Well said Tom on all levels.

38. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Jets and the Cubs,have any fan bases giving so much and got so little in return then these two.

39. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

There must be a gravitational pull towards Mangold whenever jets have the ball,all running plays are behiind his butt.

40. By Joe on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

REX has not won a game against a winning team in over 2 years so i would venture to say the SB VICTORY GUARANTEE AINT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON lol lol lol (THANK GOD HE DIDNT COME HERE TO KISS BELLICHICKS RINGS )MY PERSONAL REX RYAN SAYING THOUGH, IS PLAY LIKE A JET .Ironically it is the only thing that EVER CAME OUT OF THE MANS MOUTH THAT HE WAS CORRECT ON .lAST NIGHT evoked 44 years PLAYING LIKE A JET .FORTY FOUR YEARS OF BEING ONE OF THE MOST FUTILE ORGANIZATIONS IN THE NFL is PLAYING LIKE A JET .

41. By cgb on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

i really havn’t been posting this year, don’t really know why. I think its because i knew early on i would be disgusted by the way the jets org. has been handled by mr. johnson. we need a real football person leading this org. mr. T. IS NOT IT.Mr. JOHNSON needs to realize this.If he wants this org. to be successful he will make a change at the GM position.Then let that person evaluate the personel and make the nessesary changes. I realize rex is stuck in the middle here,he should not go over mike T. and say what he really feels. maybe he has on a 1 on 1 .? I don’t know. No changes now after the season ends and the dust settles, then woody’s first move should be to let mr. T. go. And start the process of finding the new leader of this jets.

42. By cgb on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

… org. i was born in 1962, and became a serious and life long jet fan in1970, still remember watching the 1969 superbowl. i will never love an other football team. please mr. johnson do the right thing and bring in a real football person to over see the direction of this football franchise. thanks .

43. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Charliejet (and other old-timers), I actually found this game infinitely worse than the Heidi Bowl because this was a sustained effort in futility over almost all 4 quarters. The Heidi game was merely a hard-fought battle that was lost at the end due to a couple of flukes, one of the only black marks on an almost perfect season, and you’ll recall it didn’t stop us from beating OAK in the championship and winning what’s still one of the most impactual SB’s in history. I’d like to think that this game will be impactual in that it will mark the beginning of the end of the Woody/Mr T/Rex/Sanchez + Tebow regime, but you know how that is…

44. By RayC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

So we hit bottom. That is a good thing. We need to recognize that we have to rehabilitate the entire organization. We need a new GM, a new Head Coach, a new offensive coordinator, a new special teams coach, and a new defensive coordinator. If the owner doesn’t see this, we need a new owner. The problem with this team is way beyond the men who wear the uniforms. I’ve been a fan since Wille Joe Namath and since we can’t channel Weeb Ewbank, we need someone who understands what it would mean to NY to have a championship football team besides the Giants in this city. We have to start with a top college quarterback and a granite offensive line. Please Woody- either buy in or sell out!

45. By joeydefiant on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

If mcelroy was playing the jets would have won!

46. By GaryC on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Can’t say the Heidi game is with this one,at least Heidi stopped us from watching that game live,we couldn’t find Heidi for this one.

47. By Byrdman on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Today as I got online (sat morning) found myself sort of foolishly hoping to read some Jet headline like “Woody Sacks Rex” or “Jets demote Tanny” but… Realistically that would not be wise right at this point in the season. It would behoove Johnson to consult with a trusted football guy like Parcells (example) then take the rest of the season to thoughtfully consider dismantling this Jet front office. No SB caliber head coach is going to want the job if he doesn’t make all the roster decisions, why would Gruden, Cower or Payton tarnish their reputations and volunteer to be handcuffed to a sinking shipwreck? Plus, it would make the job more attractive if we wind up with a top 5-10 draft pick. Then consider that for every “Jimmy Johnson”cont

48. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom ocalyspse Tom on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Thanks, Charliejet, and thanks for the update on sports radio in New York — if Jet fans there WEREN’T up in arms, it would be time to stick a fork in THEM! As for Woody not answering questions after the game, I read that on one of the main reliable sites, NFL or ESPN. Viveca and RayC, “totally clean house” and “hit rock bottom” are the kind of words we need to use non-stop until big changes occur, so thanks for that. And thanks, Randy, for letting us fans vent, because this is as bad as I’ve seen this team in my almost 50 years of watching. Something must be done NOW!

49. By Byrdman on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

And “Jim Harbaugh” who leap from the NCAA to the NFL and look like they belong, there are a dozen “Steve Spurriers” and “Holtz’s” who died making that transition. The GM position is a potential minefield and there’s no tree to pluck your next genius SB architect from. It’s going to be interesting and frustrating for us over the next month, watching this drama unfold. The NY Jets did not sink to this level “Pathetic Laughingstock” overnight and the rebuild process will certainly test the bottomless pit of patience that we, the 40 year Jets faithful have exhibited.

50. By JET Fan For Too Long on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Forget Tebow, not going to work and Sanchez isn’t working out.So what is the big deal about playing McElroy, Rex doesn’t get it, if it worked for the Patriots back when Mo took out Beldsoe and Brady came to clean up, and took them to the Super Bowl,Let’s see what the kids got give it a try you might like it. If he can get the ball to these wide outs and tight ends then the problem is, really should I say. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE THE SEASON IS SHOT,OVER
    PLAY THE KID,PLAY ALL THE YOUNG STUDS SEE WHAT EVERYBODY HAS BEFORE THE SEASONS OVER AND SEE WHAT YOU NEED FOR NEXT YEAR.

51. By Charliejet on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

joeydefiant – Listen understand your frustration but there is no guarantee Mcelroy would have won the game, I think your clutching at straws. In fact I think he would have been thrown to the wolves. NE would be salivating. I feel your pain joey, I feel your pain.

52. By Charliejet on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Look ! The way I figure it if your gonna lose – lose the game. Don’t give it over to them. Let the other team earn the victory. That I think more than anything else is what the fans are angry about. We give it away. Boy this WHOLE organization is ONE BIG MESS.

53. By chris long time jet fan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

how do you empty the empty tank?rex thinks mark played good …hes not seeing the problem…mark is only good with garbage stats..which means we are usually losing when he pads his stats..he has many good wrs since he been here ….plax holmes cro…edwards …lt martin…keller…kerley….Lt…way too many turnovers and fumbles.. good qbs make good wrs…..basic common sense..

54. By chris long time jet fan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

rex says uncharacteristic ..it happens every game..does he think the fans cant see…we dont have blinders on….

55. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Charliejet, your post to joeydefiant seems to contradict your very next one, and it’s For Too Long who’s fully got the right idea — what does winning matter for the rest of this season? We’re not going anywhere and no one would be thrilled with getting crushed in the 1st playoff round, if we even got there, nor should they be. Wouldn’t be surprised to see TEN and JAX beat us now with their (marginally) improved QB situations. The point is like Too Long says — and like I said in August — we should play everyone and see what they’ve got. And hey, you guys who seriously debated with me whether this was a rebuilding yr or not, how come I’m not hearing from you these last few days?

56. By Charliejet on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64 I see were you are coming from on that and and I remember your post several weeks back about using EVERYONE when we are out of it. My response to joeydefieant is that if we put Mcelroy under the circumstances I think NE would have turned it up even more – I don’t think it would have made much of a difference. I see no contradiction here my friend. Sorta like when you said you will be gone for awhile (from these posts) and here you are all over the place – just kidden ya! I like reading what you have to say, though I don’t always agree with you. But changes are definitely needed and the coaches should start other players (Powell, McKight , McIntyre, Davis) and other players to see what they have in game situations.

57. By Viveca on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

We keep calling for a change at the qb position, but Tebow is no upgrade, and MacElroy for some reason is kept hidden. Maybe he’s being punished for his candid remarks last year…Not much to look forward to next year either, no elite qb prospect on the horizon. Anyway, if we lose the next game, we’re all but mathematically eliminated from the play off and the time has then come to play all our young guys and see what they have to offer. Why didn’t we at least pick up Henne when he became available? Certainly an upgrade over what we have! Another waisted year! Understand perfectly fireman Ed who just left the game. Enough is enough even for the most fanatical fan…

58. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Actually, Charliejet, the prospect of the Jets finally being forced to make long-overdue changes lured me away from much-needed hours of work to comment more extensively. If we were just losing close or beating bad teams, I might not be here as much. But all I meant about the contradiction in your posts was that your first one shied away from playing McElroy while your second advocated unloading the bench. That said, I agree, the NE game wouldn’t have been the one to hand Mc as his first NFL start. Almost any game of the last few coming up would be.

59. By Stevesc on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

I don’t think Rex Ryan is as clueless as some may think in regards to MS being the best option to win. What I believe is happening is that this organization doesn’t want to admit to the colossal mistake they made when they gave Sanchez the new contract. They are afraid to eat crow, so you won’t see anyone but MS at the quarterback position unless he gets hurt. I agree now is the time to see what Mcelroy can do. It can’t get any worse than it already is. Also, please let Tim Tebow go where he can play football. What this organization has done is shameful. The guy has handled his situation with class, so it would be nice to see the Jets do the same.

60. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom and No Fool on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Stevesc, there’s no question the whole org doesn’t want to admit the truth about Sanchez. But Rex is clueless on O on a whole lot of other levels, as even Lupica (who should’ve stopped writing about two decades ago) said the other day with respect to what a ludicrous idea “ground and pound” was in an NFL in which you only win the SB with an elite QB. But we hire Rex “If it was up to me, I’d just run the ball” Ryan who, of course, doesn’t know enough about O to realize that Schotty’s all pre-snap movement/no pts O is impossible for earthlings to execute…