• Thu., Aug. 28, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE: Postgame Eagles Jets Insider Amanda Pflugrad will anchor festivities from the studio and Eric Allen will get immediate reaction from the players inside the locker room. Jets Nation will also hear from head coach Rex Ryan and have an opportunity to state their opinions on our phone lines at 855-909-5483.
  • Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Replay Jets Open Mic on SNY Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

• Tue., Sep. 09, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches

Rex: ‘Still Hard to Imagine, but It Happened’

Posted by Randy Lange on November 23, 2012 – 2:49 pm

It’s not surprising that the Jets’ 49-19 loss to the Patriots that concluded shortly after 11:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving would look pretty much the same about 11 hours later when head coach Rex Ryan spoke with reporters on a conference call late this morning.

“To have that stretch, it’s just amazing,” Ryan said of the withering second quarter of five touchdowns in an 11:46 span, the first four scoring after Jets giveaways. “I don’t know how else to put it. I think I said ‘nightmare’ last night and I’ll stick with that because it’s just hard to imagine, but that happened.”

Probably the two most nightmarish things about the loss (not about the three Patriots TDs that were scored in 52 seconds, the quickest a Jets opponent has scored three TDs since 1970) were what it signified about the rivalry and about the rest of the 2012 season.

Ryan said he won’t concede that the gap between the Jets and Pats is too great to win the AFC East in the foreseeable future.

“To say that this team is that much better than us, I don’t believe that,” he said. “They’re a good football team, there’s no question, they’re an excellent football team. But to say we’ll never catch them, that’s ridiculous. There’s no chance, absolutely no percent of a chance that I believe that in my heart, no way. I’ll never concede that.”

As for the final five games, Ryan also remained positive. What, he was asked, gives him that confidence?

“I saw us making strides up until this game,” he said. “Even in this game, I think our offense is improving, I really believe that. I think we’re running the ball more efficiently than we have. I think our protections are better. Obviously, it’s not going to look like it when we got blown out. That’s what gives me confidence. I think we’re getting better on that side of the ball. On defense, I’m confident that we’ll get back to playing much better.”

The offense did keep on swinging Thursday night. We won’t try to argue that the Jets’ second 400-yard game of offense against New England in the last five games or Mark Sanchez’s eighth 300-yard passing game of his career or 25 first downs indicates a lot other than moving the ball against a Patriots defense that isn’t known for stopping opposing offenses and was relaxed after the visitors took their 35-0 lead.

But this was a game that was set up for the offense to roll into a ball. It didn’t and kept working drive by drive to get something done. If nothing else, everyone got work that could prove beneficial as the Jets swing into December.

Yet where was the strong short-yardage/goal-line running game from earlier this year? Where was the renewed pass rush (no sacks of Brady, although Mo Wilkerson did force intentional grounding on the game’s opening offensive play)? Where was the improvement in the turnover margin, which has really only been seen against Buffalo, Indianapolis and St. Louis this season? Whatever happens from here, these issues and others need to be addressed again.

“I do see improvements in some areas of this team. It might be hard to see from the outside, but I see it here. That’s why I’m confident we’ll finish strong these last five games,” Ryan said. “I’m responsible for everything. I’m responsible for the 4-7 record. I’m responsible for how we play. I will say this: I’ll also be responsible for how we finish. I’m confident we’ll finish.

Tebow’s Ribs

Ryan clarified the situation involving backup QB Tim Tebow’s rib injury, saying that even though the injury happened sometime Nov. 11 in the Seattle game, Ryan didn’t find out until this past Wednesday after a CAT scan showed that the injury was not a bruise but rather two rib fractures. He said the reason Tebow suited up was because he was cleared to play by the Jets medical and training team and the player wanted to be there. But Ryan repeated his reasoning about not playing Tebow but also not activating QB Greg McElroy.

“I don’t know what you want me to say,” Ryan said. “I’m not going to get into the what-ifs or all that stuff. Obviously, if he was not cleared to play or they thought he could be in serious jeopardy to himself, then he never would’ve been activated, he never would’ve been cleared to play. Tim was cleared to play, he wanted to play, and that’s just the way it is.”

The team this afternoon offered a Tebow timeline:

■ Tebow finished the Seattle game, then told trainers after the game that his ribs were hurting. X-rays at the stadium were negative.

■ He played against St. Louis, and continued to experience soreness.

■ On Tuesday morning the soreness intensified.

■ Tebow was full for Tuesday practice.

■ MRI and CAT scan Tuesday evening showed the fracture and the head coach was informed.

■ Tebow was active for the New England game after speaking with Ryan and a undergoing pregame evaluation.

■ Tebow did not want any injections for the New England game.

Rex Cetera

Ryan also said about McElroy being activated for Arizona on Dec. 2, “We’ll see how the week progresses.” … Ryan said WR Clyde Gates suffered a concussion in the game. … The coach said he spoke “briefly” with owner Woody Johnson after the game. …

Five TDs in a quarter? It’s the first time a Jets opponent has done it, and the Jets have never done it. In the NFL at large, it’s been done in the NFL a few times recently. Here are the last four occasions, dating to the 1970 AFL-NFL merger:

2009, Game 6 — New England, vs. Tennessee, 2nd quarter, 59-0

1987, Super Bowl — Washington, vs. Denver, 2nd quarter, 42-10

1983, Game 5 — Green Bay, vs. Tampa Bay, 2nd quarter, 55-14

1980, Game 3 — L.A. Rams, vs. Green Bay, 2nd quarter, 51-21

Six TDs in a quarter has happened just twice:

1950, Game 7 — L.A. Rams, vs. Detroit, 3rd quarter, 65-24

1945, Game 2 — Green Bay, vs. Detroit, 2nd quarter, 57-21

Last time an NFL team scored five TDs in a quarter happened on the road? Thursday night may have been the first time.

Tags: , , , , , ,

146 Responses to “Rex: ‘Still Hard to Imagine, but It Happened’”

1. By Arthur Greenspan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

The NY Jets are a total embarrassment, beginning with Tannenbaum, to Ryan to Sparano, to the mediocre players. They don’t have the talent to be any better. They make the same mistakes, week after week, they say the same apologies week after week (Sanchez), Ryan says Sanchez is his QB week after week, and so on…What game is he watching? Woody must get rid of all them, and he can begin right now with Ryan. What a loser this man is…Unbelievable. Then Tannenbaum must be fired, then Sparano (who’s idea was he anyway?) and then Sanchez….ALL MUS BE LET GO….How many more years are we to endure a lousy product? Woody, if the BandAids were defective, what would you do?

2. By since shea on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Dont like the explanation about not having McElroy as the 2nd string QB if TT had broken ribs. Are they that asleep at the switch or is there something more disingenuous about this? Hard to believe anything you hear from this franchise now. No talent here for several reasons. Playing with everyone else’s castoffs. Cannot identify talent to draft or trade. Cannot develop talent or draft choices. They seem to be busts. Cannot retain talent ( John Abraham still playing strong, Hugh Douglas, Riggins, Bellichick as HC etc). Underestimate chemistry? Screwed Leon Washington, Faneca, and yes, us, the fans. Mr T, you made a mess that feels like its Kotite time all over again.

3. By PSL holder getting robbed on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Dear Woody,
    All I want fro xmas is a new GM, a new coaching staff, and most definitely a new scouting department. There is minimal talent on this team and it is result of years of bad drafting, bad trades, terrible free agent aquisitons, and an extreme lack of player development. I would rather watch an entire team of rookies lose, develop, and grow together, than watch this disfunctional excuse for a football team!!! I thought I would never forget 1-15 but this season and especially last night has done just that.

4. By Chicago Bob on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

If Mr. T has a job after this year’s train wreck, Woody Johnson has no one but to blame but himself. Hopefully he is in the process of targeting someone that could come in and put this circus to an end. Whomever it is, please forego the “quick fix” and build this team properly thru the draft. Initially I was willing to give MS another shot however he continues to make the same mistakes and bad decisions. True, they are short on offensive talent however I have seen other QB’s do more with less talent than MS. With no real stud QB available in the draft, Jets will have to focus on using their high picks on other options – good thing is, they have so many holes it should be easy to find people that can come in and help immediately.

5. By MIKE on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Rex wants to run the ball and play good D to win eh. Well here’s some news Rex, your run game stinks and you can’t stop the run or sack the QB.

The run game and pass rush is worse than it’s been in years.
    I don’t like what Mr. T has done in draft and free agency lately but he has for every bust, drafted he has drafted a stud.

Mangold, Brick, Revis, Harris, Cro and Wilkerson

vs

Gholston, Ducasse, Sanchez maybe Coples, lost draft picks, the Tebow trade.

6. By GaryC on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

After that game and still no cuts,my word.

7. By harry-o on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

finding a way to move the ball
    now comes as easy as finding a way to lose

8. By Joe on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Whats so hard to imagine as this organization the past 44 years this organization HAS NOT EXACTLY BEEN THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS. Buy the way REX how YOU MAKING OUT WITH THE SUPER BOWL VICTORY GUARANTEES THESE DAYS .I did not COME HERE TO KISS BELLICHICKS RINGS .PLAY LIKE A JET =WHAT A JOKE

9. By carl on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

The most embrasing game I ever watched the Jets play.What is wrong here Randy ? What happened to our D? what happened to O?Man its tough to be a Jet Fan when they play a game like that ! I dont even know where to start? 59-19? i dont get it! A real disapointment !!! Rex 2 championship games then the toilet bowl.

10. By Karan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Still not blaming Sanchez for the overall mess that is this team. The blame goes to everyone. I didn’t watch the game after the Patriots scored 35 because I was sick to my stomach but I heard Sanchez had a 95.5 or something passer rating. He made 2 dumb mistakes on that now infamous play and the pick but so did other guys like Joe McKnight and the defense. It was another bad night. Read a great article which pretty much says the Jets have talent but not too much talent and most off all, they lack talent at the right positions resulting in poor depth. Mike T has done a poor job the last two seasons. I’ll give him credit for the time before that but its just harder than ever now to be a Jets fan.

11. By Karan on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

The owner has no clue what he is doing, he should just sell the team to someone smart or at least hire another GM.

12. By judalation on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Rex is out of his league if he thinks the Jets are anywhere near the Patriots… The Pats were missing Gronk and chandler Jones and their secondary is only going to get better. Vince wilfolk is only 30 years old and the Pats have some hard hitting linebackers who need to learn how to cover but are overall stars. The Jets were without their 2 best players but it would not matter with Sanchez on the field. He sets the tone for the team and it seems his stupid fumble made everyone else want to make up for the mistake by trying to make something happen… and that caused fumbles. Its time to draft a QB with ball skills that can turn a mistake into a big play. Someone like Colin Kitpaternick of the 49ers with size,a big arm & speed. EJ MANUAL!

13. By Bennett on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Was that supposed to be a designed play when Sanchez ran pell mell into the middle of the Pats line just where WILFORD WAS ? Did you notice how he was carrying the ball, with one hand dangling down the side of his leg ? Same thing with Mcknight one handed dangling down the side of his leg. This is just fundamental football. You tuck the ball high into your armpit and protect it. this is just basic horrible, unexcuseable coaching. IF WE DID THAT IN JV twice we would be running laps late after practice after the buses left as the sun slowly sank in the horizon. What kind of technique is this. Truly a badly coached team from the top on down

14. By russ on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Karma..all sports team have it..with the Jets it ended with the firing of Sonny Werblin in 1969..couple that with the many Met fans who are also Jet fans bringing their negativity to the stadium and you have two perpetual losers always looking for the golden fleece of a championship..Unfortunately it begins from the top and works its way down to every player and assistant on the team…To be a champion you must release the second rate plyers and start anew..potential doesnt win a thing..Being tough does not mean being callous it means you cant perform to a standard you are released…there are too many posers on this team and too many dreamers who have not a clue on winning…

15. By Frank on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Rex Kotite ia what it is. Been saying it for years he is a lousy coach by every measure. He owns this garbage 100% both he and Jamarcus Sanchez need to be shown the door ASAP.

16. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

I know I said I’m not going to comment on the Mr T/Rex/Sanchez/Tebow monstrosity that has to be shown the door ASAP. I shoulda said I’m not going to comment extensively on it, i.e. I’m not going to overly entertain any arguments from anyone that any of these losers should have anything to do with the Jets from now. But I’m thrilled to report that a poll on Sportscenter shows that a solid 85% say Rex should be fired — that’s 38% “today,” 47% “at the end of the season,” and only 15% say he shouldn’t be fired. The correction starts with a whole lotta Jet fans getting their heads decidedly out of dreamland, so maybe that process is starting today, too. All that’s left to look forward to now is Tebow on IR and McElroy starting a few games.

17. By Howie D on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

To say that Rex is delusional is an understatement. The improvement he sees and the strong finish he predicts doesn’t square with reality. Winning the last 5 games against bad teams is meaningless. IF we get to the playoffs, we’ll be one and done. It’s pointless rehashing everything that been said here over and over again, but if Woody doesn’t clean house and make some drastic changes, he should sell the team and get out of the business.

18. By Mike Jet Vet on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Hey Rex I won’t try to argue, this team is horrible, I won’t try to argue after 4 turnovers in one quarter, those 400 and 300 yard stats you claim are proof of this teams improvement, usually all junk yardage after a early blow out. I won’t try and argue Just once in my life time I’d like to see Sanchez or your team come from behind or string a few together. I won’t try and argue, your living in denial, Last but not least I won’t try and argue, Woody needs to clean house start all over again, another wasted 10 years

19. By Howie D on Nov 23, 2012 | Reply

Attention Roger Goodell:

LA is dying to have a team, and so does NYC, the 2 largest markets. Now would be a great time to expand with 2 new teams. Let Woody keep his team in Jersey with a new name, and we take the JETS back to NYC and actually play home games in NYC. Jersey will also love this move and will consider it payback for the NETS’ departure.

20. By Mike C (fan since '69) on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Dear Woody,
    Here it is November 2012… as I begin the ritual of putting away all my Jets gear in the back of the closet (also hiding the Jets autograph litho ball I got for my birthday this year and scratching Sanchez’ name off of it…this ball will never see the light of day)… could we please consider making changes for next year? (A new GM, Coach and QB would be a great idea.)

p.s. Rex is confident we’ll finish what? (The next several meals at Subway?)
    playoffs?…PLAYOFFS?… iiii don’t think so.

21. By 40 year fan , John on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

The Jets are a National disgrace . They are a bitter, cruel joke played on those unlucky enough to follow them all these years . They look worse than a high school team . They don’t deserve to be in the N.F. L. ….I would say they are so bad you could give it 50/50 odds they would lose to any of the worst teams in football …

22. By 40 year fan , John on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

The Jets are like a fish that’s jumped out of the tank , and is gasping its’ last gasp of air …

23. By ron alexander on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

JUDULATION, Please, do a little research before reccommending players to draft. I’m afraid Tannenbaum might take you serious.(Just bust’n your chops my man) Actually E.J.Manual is not a bad idea as a developmental guy but is regarded as a 4th or 5th rd guy at this point. He has great measurables at 6-4 235 lbs & a good arm as well. He is kind of the Steven Hill of Q.B’s.Raw talent, but clearly a project.
    Speaking of S.Hill, one of the guys on the Jet post game show made a great comparison;Hill is like a pitcher who throws 98 mph but has no secondary pitch. No matter how hard you throw good hitters will eventually catch up to you if you cant change speeds. At this point Hill is one dimensional in that he has no clue how to set up D.B’s .

24. By Charliejet on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

If Revis starts a holdout – trade him – trade him FAST. Use that money for smart, logical, needed draft picks. That with some high picks in next years draft make the clear logical choices…and please, whatever you do, Revis should be traded far and away not to New England. Knowing this franchise, Revis would go to the pats. I wouldn’t put it past them…. Howie D love the idea about a real NY franchise.
    (Honestly, I don’t know what Revis contract contains, guarantee or whatever but if he becomes a headache LET HIM GO)
    Sanchez with any commitment should renegotiate his contract with this team.

25. By ron alexander on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

MIKE TANNENBAUMS DRAFTS;
    2006;RD.1 D.Ferguson O.T,solid 6 year starter 1BN.Mangold C 6 yr starter all pro
    RD.2K.Clemmins Q.B “BUST! RD.3 A.Schlegal L.B “BUST!!!
    RD.4 B.Smith Q.B-W.R,K.R, decent special teamer, left as a free agent
    R.D4B L.Washington R.B- great steal, injured given away RD.5-J.Posiak T.E. cut! RD. D.Coleman C.B decent back up left f/a Rd.7 Titus Adams W.R cut!
    2007 draft.RD. 1D.Revis C.B Rd.2-D.Harris L.B- Rd.3,Rd.4 Rd.5 traded for Revis & Harris.RD.6 J.Bender O.T cut! Rd.7 Chancey Stuckey Traded

26. By Barker on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

All of this rage from the fans who were so gung ho for MS last week. Many knew this was coming! I don’t believe for a second that Rex will give Tim a fair shot so I will repeat what I said before. Please release Tim and let Bellicheck pick him up and develop him to replace Brady so that NE can beat the crap out of us for many more years and the owner can say “oh, man we should have kept him and developed him”. With good coaching and a GREAT QB to learn from Tebow is going to be a beast as a QB! Watch and see….For all the so called experts, have you all forgotten the interest that NE showed for Tim before we got him? There were 5 teams that inquired about him, which most people forget. At least he hasn’t played much this year with this bad

27. By Barker on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

CONT- team so he didn’t hurt his chances much. Maybe Bill can teach Tim how to be good in practice since that is what seems to matter, even if it doesn’t translate into wins on the field LOL. Maybe the players will find a way to blame Tim for this one also.

28. By ron alexander on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

M.Tannenbaum Drafts 2008 Rd.1V.Gholston “BUST!!!! RD.1B D.Keller T.E good player RD.2& 3 traded to moce up for Keller. RD.4 D.Lowrey C.B gone! RD.5 E.Ainge Q.B, cut! RD.6 M.Henry W.R. cut! Rd.7N.Garnet O.T cut!
    2009 Draft RD.1 M.Sanchez Rd.2 traded for Sanchez RD>3S.Greene R.B RD.4 & 5 traded for Greene! Rd.6 M.Slauson G. Yuck! Rd.7 traded
    2010 DRAFT; RD.1 K.Wilson C.B. BUST! Rd.2 V.Ducasse O.L. BUST!!! RD.3-traded for Ducasse???yikes! RD.4- J.Mcknight ughhh!Rd.5-J.Conner F.B.Bumb!RD.6 & 7 traded 2011Rd.1 Mo Wilkerson Rd2 traded for Wilkerson?RD3-K.Ellis D.T o.k so far,RD.4 B.Powell R.B, o.k, Rd.5 J.Keerley W.R, one of Tanny’s better picks. RD.7A-G.MacIlroy Q.B ?,Rd.7B S.McKnight W.R bust! -cont.-

29. By Arthur Greenspan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

I have just finished reading the remarks made these past 24 hours about the disgraceful NY JETS. One of the one’s I like the best is to give NY an NFL franchise, let NJ keep these losers, and start from scratch. This works for me..To have the New York name attached to the Jets is no longer acceptable. Mind you I dont wish them on NJ either, yet it is what it is.
    Ryan, I have heard all of your words for these past seasons, and it is clear to me that you haven’t a clue as to what is transpiring on the field on game day. These mediocre players are not prepared properly, your assortment of coaches is a “Who’s Who of nobodies, and your VP GM is an accountant, not a football man..
    Time for a major change.

30. By ron alexander on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

MIKE Tannenbaums DRAFT cont.-
    2012 draft Rd.1- Q.Coples D.E. ??? so far not so good!Possiable bust???
    RD.2- S.Hill W.R. See above comments!
    RD.3- D.Davis, could be a player-not there yet
    RD-4- TRADED
    RD 5A J.Bush ???
    RD5B T.Ganaway R.B. cut!
    RD.6 R.Griffin O.T
    RD.7 A.Allen S. cut! RD.7B J.White W.R cut! cut!

31. By ron alexander on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

MIKE TANNENBAUM DRAFT ANALYSIS;
    In Tannenbaums 7 years as G.M. the team was allocated 7 picks per season for a total of 49 picks. Round 1,2,3 are the money Rds where players are expected to start with in a year.So with 7 drafts that would be 21 players who should be major parts of this team. However, we have traded 6 top 3 picks to move up for Wilkerson,Sanchez, Greene,S.HillJ.McKnight & D.Keller. Add that to 4 complete busts V.Gholston, A.Schlagle & K.Wilson & K.Clemmens, Plus under achievers like Q.Coples,S.Hill,K.Ellis,Sanchez,Greene & E.Smith and you get a total of 16 out of 21 picks that to date have not worked out. In total Tanney has traded 15 of his 49 picks cut another 15 so the numbers speak for themselves.Tanney’s gotta go!

32. By Jet Fan Since '64 and Post-Apocalyptic Tom ocalyspse Tom on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Karan, I won’t come down too hard on you only two days after a game like that, but you really have to commit to watching the whole game. Sanchez’s stats were COMPLETE garbage, while the game was anything resembling a game he was completely inept on all levels. And as I said last week, even his completed passes are almost always thrown to the wrong spot. Great to see all these folks seeing things for what they are, though. You know it’s bad when GaryC is short on one-liners and Joe is short on rage. But at least now it’s just a matter of waiting to see if Woody can do what needs to be done. Nice to wake up every day knowing that any minute there could be a headline on the Internet saying Rex has been fired.

33. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Bitterness is all I have for MS, REX, SPARANO TANT, and JOHNSON. I had to listen to the announcers of the NE/JETS game laugh, make fun at the JETS due to our offensive plays and believe me they were offensive to every “JET FAN”…

REX, I said this before and I will say it again, you should be fired along with Tan, Sparano, MS, Tebow and a few other players for non-performance. REX you are living in a fantasy land stating there will be improvement and we still have a chance at the playoffs. Maybe you should kiss Belichicks rings it may snap you into reality.

34. By scjoe on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Karen, make no mistake, that terrible INT that Sanchez threw when the score was 0-0 not only translated to a 10-14 point swing, it also set the tone for that debacle! Don’t put to much stock in those garbage time, fantasy stats he put up after the game was long decided, they mean nothing! Zilch! Zero! Mark Sanchez did absolutely nothing to help his team win, he did however, contribute largely to the loss. How any one can defend this player after watching the same glaring mistakes and weaknesses for 4 years now is beyond me.Sure, he is not the only culprit, just the most glaring.

35. By kleckofan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Surprised at the scant number of comments here; guess everyone is just too angry.
    Karan- as Apocalyptic Tom said, I’m beyond arguing about Sanchez etc. Watch SNY’s postgame show to get ex-player perspective on Sanchez, don’t rely on us biased know-nothings. Please! A 95 rating, all garbage time stats, check QBR which doesn’t credit garbage time.
    Love the fact that Sal Pal and Cimini called Rex to task about “Sanchez gives us the best chance to win…”

36. By kleckofan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Almost to the point of masochism now; I want to see this team embarrased just so Woody can see how misguided our FO and coaching staff is.
    Heads must roll!

37. By scjoe on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Chicago Bob, MJV, 64 and a whole lot of others, re: a changing of the guard at GM, HC, OC, DC etc. The GM with out doubt is a no brainer. This particular GM is responsible for the product that is being put out on the field today. Mr T and Mr T alone! As for the field coaches? Be careful what you wish for. Keep in mind that all of those recycled coaches that are mentioned do not come with those elite players they had on their old team. As for any up and coming college coaches? Remember for every Harbaugh there are 20 Petrino’s Saban’s and Spurrier’s.The talent, or lack there of, is the #1 problem on this club.

38. By GaryC on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

To Rex this is hard to imagine,considering he had put together his best team to date,according to his own words.

39. By scjoe on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Just to touch on that point a little bit further, give me a Brady/Manning, a Spiller/Foster, a Gronk/Graham, a Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson or a JJ Watt/ Aldon Smith, and I will show you an elite HC.

40. By SCfromNY on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

How can a team in the NFL be so inept? The NFL is a BILLION DOLLAR business. How many times have cut players said,”Hey I know it’s a business”? Well Woody would not be mega rich i he ran his business like the Jets. Underperforming workers, clueless middle and upper management, no business plan other than “we have to correct our mistakes”. Forget about the poor preformance by skill players. “Bart Scott should have played more”. Why Rex do you enjoy watching him chase offensive players? The refusal to activate McElroy even with Tebow having cracked ribs is inexcusable. What is with Rex and the poor QB and poor backup? Why is he afraid of McElroy. So many questions as as usual the Jets have no answer.

41. By scjoe on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

The talent base on this franchise is probably among the worse, if not thee worse in the league. That fact shows up from week to week, it especially showed up this past week. There are some other clubs struggling at the bottom of the pack as well, like the Cleveland Browns, the difference is they have a nucleus of good young players that are getting better and better and they have a future there. Not the case with the NJ Jets. They have a nucleus of old, slow, over rated players, a point that ownership and management seem to overlook. A competent GM can change all of that, a HC with no say in personnel decisions can not.

42. By JET Fan For Too Long on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

All needs to be Junked and start all over, it will not take 10 years to rebuild look at the Colts one year and they are playing better than last. just start new,OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW. STARTING WITH COACHING AND THE FRONT OFFICE. OH YEAH BRING THE JETS BACK TO NEW YORK OR CHANGE THEIR NAME TO THE NEW JERSEY JETS.
    THEY DON”T PLAY IN NEW YORK

43. By Karan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

The Jets have two more National games to embarrass themselves, two games in a row! We all know they will.

44. By Bitter Blinka on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Rex/ Sanchez .
    They must go. Other than Goulston Tannenbaum drafts were not so bad until Rex started to but in.
    Sanchez is just bad. There is no other adjective to describe him.
    Rex is not HC material yet. He was a novelty when he first got here, but it has gotten old. The team is not disciplined and you must blame the HC for that.

45. By Mike Jet Vet on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

I’m so #$%^&%^& mad from this loss, I just can’t wrap my head around what’s going on with this team, NO one is ever held accountable WHY!!!!, Why aren’t players coaches, Gm scouts fired, bench, retired, something, at least make an effort to correct something anything for god sake . I remember Mike -T making rounds on all the sport shows when it looked like we were becoming a team to be reckoned with, Now we don’t hear see notta from him .and where is Woody Johnson why isn’t he being heard from.. he owes us Fans some explanation some one needs to be accountable

46. By Karan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

They say these Georgia Tech receivers usually turn out to be stars, you have Calvin Johnson of course and Demaryius Thomas is up and coming so this definitely makes me optimistic about Stephen Hill for next season and the seasons following those. We have Kerley, let’s keep Keller and Hill looks like a promising WR for the future but we still need another major target for next season. And I’m not talking about the Clyde Gates or Chaz Schilens of the world, I’m talking about guys like Greg Jennings, Braylon Edwards or Dwyane Bowe, guys that are stars. We need those type of guys. I think Santonio will not return season and quite frankly, I hope he doesn’t. It’s time to move on from him. We also need a legit 4th receiver for next season……..

47. By Karan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

This season is done, so let’s talk about the receiving core of next season. I hope Tannenbaum and Co. have realize they have made a huge mistake in several departments of this team, especially this one. Kerley, Keller, Hill, ________ and _______. You guys fill in the blanks. Quite frankly, I would love to have Greg Jennings or Edwards. It will be hard to afford even one of them, but let’s see. As for the 4th receiver, I don’t mind Patrick Turner, always liked him.

48. By Bennett on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Karan with all due respect. Sanchez did nothing but turn the ball over twice until it was 35-0 than with garbage time did het up some numbers. It gets to the point where you Sanchez apologists are just grasping at straws and are now begining to sound ridiculous. Stop trying to spin this, he richly deserves his 29th rank this year and that 30 rank last year. This is not a good QB not even an average QB but a bad one. Time to face facts last season you took a side now you just sound silly

49. By Stevesc on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

I have to chuckle when I read about how the Jet’s still have a shot at a playoff spot because of the easy schedule that remains… Any one of these teams can beat the Jet’s because of the way this team is playing. Does anyone really think they can run the table at this point? I just don’t see it happening. I agree with everyone about what needs to change on this team. Whether or not it takes place is another story. It’s sad when fans, at this point of the season, are already looking forward to next season. That about sums it up for me.

50. By ANTHONY on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

SEASON TICKET HOLDER, JUST PAID MY PSL INVOICE. WHAT THE JET ORGANIZATION DISPLAYED ON THURSDAY NIGHT MADE SICK TO MY STOMACH.WOODY YOU NEED TO MAKE CHANGES NOW, SHOW THE FANS YOU ARE SERIOUS WHEN YOU SAY YOU CARE ABOUT THE FANS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THE DRAFT AND DEVLOPMENT OF PLAYERS. MIKE T AND HIS SCOUTING TEAM, IF YOU CAN CALL THEM THAT ,ARE AWFUL. PLEASE SHOW THE NFL AND YOUR FANS, YOU WILL NOT ACCEPT WHAT WE ALL SAW THURSDAY NIGHT. PULL THE PLUG ON THIS MESS NOW…………. PLEASE, A LONG TIME HURTING JET FAN….

51. By SCfromNY on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

The sad thing is that the Jets have had worse coaches than Rex. He gave 4 playoff wins and an 8-8 season. Not many Jet coaches could match that. Probably why the Jets haven’t been to a SB in over 40 years. Rex’s biggest problem is his unwavering support of Sanchez. It is coming off as comical. It wouls be hard to name a NFL team that would allow Sanchez to start. I can see his reluctance to use Tebow. If Tebow is bad it looks bad. If Tebow does OK is he suppossed to become a college O to accomodate him? Sporano is no better picking the spots Tebow goes in. Also when we needed 1 yard on 4th I have no problem going for it BUT there are 31 other DTs other than Wilfolk I would run at. Decision making and stubborn coaches must go.

52. By harry-o on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

I think we (jets) can beat the jags ( as they are now)
    but that’s about it

53. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

I am with most in here at being angry. Karen, I agree with you in part on the WR’s. I would like to see some added good TE and have a three TE offense along with a good RB and WR’s. HOWEVER… MS will make them look bad with his inibility to take charge and above all throw accurately. Every time I watch MS he appears to be lost, and ready to cry because he knows he can not perform as an elite passer. REX and SPARANO have made the JETS the joke of the NFL. Watching this game Thursday proved this for even the anouncers were calling them a joke and laughing at the terrible playing of MS. If the new stadium is built in Brooklyn (Near the new Sports Center off of Atlantic Avenue) I hope we do get a new team…

54. By Bennett on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Sorry to say this but I hope the Jets do not “run the table” the rest of the season with this “easy” finish The reason ? This will be redemption and the idiot media will trumpet how “the turned it around” and ” the finished strong” This terrible bunch will be kept on for another year on the basis of this “heroic” finish. In reality the will be just as incapable of beating a decent team next year as this year and will just provide us with more national disgrace. A head coach must be equally oriented to both offense and defense. To have Ryan declare he was going to learn the offense this year was kind of weird. I mean a HC that doesn”t know his own offense? Come on what the heck have we got here?

55. By Karan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Well, right now, you guys make a good point, can’t argue with that. I gave up on watching the whole game, it was just too much to bear so I guess it was just garbage time. Even I find myself frustrated with Sanchez at times. He makes a crazy amount of bonehead moves and I’ll admit, I’ve lost some faith in him. I also look at the circumstances he’s been put in and how he has no receivers besides from two guys. I defend him mostly on the basis how far he got with a good receiving core he had his first 2 seasons, and if presented that opportunity again, I believe he can do it. But at the same time, he needs to at least make something out of what he has, he hasn’t delivered. That’s where I am losing faith in him, I hate to say it. I still……

56. By Karan on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

……..support him, but if he can’t get it even a little bit right, then I guess we have no answer for the time being. He’s not the only person to blame even though he’s a large part of it, the whole team is including Rex. Personally, I blame the General Manager most of all, but really this whole team is blame. That applies to everyone. There’s no reason they should be 4-7 right now. It’s just a horrible feeling for all of us.

57. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 24, 2012 | Reply

Time to think big, folks, but not about the playoffs. Revis should be traded no matter what, Charliejet. We actually don’t need anyone on this team who’s played more than 3-4 yrs or so, the entire place has to be rebuilt. Back to overreact/underreact, though: People have laughed at me for saying we must move back to NY, now some don’t even want the team back in NY but want a new franchise instead. I understand the frustration but that’s kind of like how the federal gov works, if there’s a problem just leave it there to become a toxic waste dump, financial or otherwise, so I’m not for that. I’m for Woody or some new owner taking the time — probably only 2-3 yrs with the right people — to get this team long-term competitive again.

58. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Here’s something else for us all to think about as we emerge from the ruins of the ridiculous Rex Ryan era: Why did so few of us sound the alarm (congrats to those who did) when this guy kept talking about how “Me and Mark are gonna be here for the next 10 yrs”? Why did so few of us have the courage to see this kind of talk for what it was and call it that — utterly unrealistic, inappropriate, and quite possibly delusional? The Jets will not be better in any real sense until their fans demand a more real-world take on their strengths and weaknesses. That means YOU, Arte, no more wild predictions of triumphs over NE or references to the one playoff game in which we beat them! (Just kiddin’ ya, I know I’ll get your comeback this week.)

59. By Karan on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

- One of the few bright spots this season has been the play of Jeremy Kerley and Muhammad Wilkerson.

– And even though they have been burned a few times on a few plays, I still give a lot of credit to the play of Antonio Cromartie and LaRon Landry.

60. By Karan on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

The Jets need to find some really good replacements for Chaz Schilens and Shonn Greene for next season.

61. By GaryC on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

After looking at the Sec,you think in Tanny’s infinite wisdom we maybe can get some of those guys to the roster next year,McElroy,Tebow,and Landry are the only three we have from the best conference in the last 5-10 years.No I guess we will bring in more guys from Boise State,Umass,Abilene Christian,and Australian rules football.

62. By Mike Jet Vet on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Very funny how some here I won’t mention names coff Karan Coff Still make excuses for Sanchez. Even Tom Spicer his greatest supporter finally gave up and had to surrender, Tom was a real trooper for MS, Bennett you’re 100% right, Only time Sanchez has 100 yards or over passing we’re usually losing by 3-4 TD’s ..I’ve said since his first year he’s a good kid just isn’t NFL caliper QB, Every week same story INT in the red zone 2-3 Fumbles a game . Looks down his receivers, can’t read defenses,can’t extend plays with his feet, Constantly over or under throwing wide open Receivers mostly at the most crucial time. His Passer ratings under 50%, Please some one any one give me a single up side..

63. By RD on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Last Thursday nights game against the Patriots was the most embarrassing game I have ever watched mainly because the organization and team had dedicated that particular game to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Thank God the area firefighter’s and police units did not perform thier duties as poorly as the NY Jets played football that night or else the situation would have been much worse than what it was! Woody, you have no “TEAM”. You have a bunch of talented players yes, but as long as they don’t play on the same page you will never have a “TEAM”. You have to start somewhere and Rex has lost the pulse of this team. They no longer respond to him just like the Eagles don’t respond to Reed. Make the move Mr. Johnson. Do it please.

64. By Scott on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

I have 2 words to clean up this mess: Bill Polian!

65. By Chicago Bob on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

scjoe – I have said it before, if you want Rex fired, please follow that up with your choice for a replacement. Easy to say fire someone without their replacement in mind to take over. Mike T. must go, his personnel decisions and the mess he has created with the salary cap is beyond brutal. Regarding his replacement, look at the organizations who continue to draft well despite the fact they consistently do not have the luxury of having any high picks (Ravens and Packers are a good example). You can also look at someone in the Texans organization. They lose 3 Pro Bowlers (Ryans, Winston & Williams) and continue to roll as if nothing happened. Mike T. cannot be trusted with what looks like to be a top 8 pick.

66. By JetBlue on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

It’s obvious now that we all agree that Tanny, Rex & MS all need to go. But those who are calling for a Parcells consult need to re-think that one. Pacells is the one who highly recommended Sporano for the OC job. Parcells may know more about football than most, but over the years he’s gotten jaded by those who remain loyal to him, and no longer has a firm grasp on the pulse of today’s NFL. He made some bad decisons in Miami and I think we all know that his game plan at the end of his career was to hit and run before the roof caved in. He did it here, in Dallas, and in Miami. This team needs a GM and a HC that will finish what they start. They need to be dedicated to the cause, and not just looking to end their career on high note.

67. By Eli Rodriguez AKA (RUSS BALL 4 GM) on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

90% McELROY won’t dress next week— any takers!

68. By russ on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Mental illness is defined as loving something that doesn’t love you back…The Jets are a mental illness magnet

69. By scjoe on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

SCNY, here is my thought on Rex’s support for Sanchez, if you really think about it, in a funny sort of a way, he may be right! Behind Sanchez you have Tebow, and I honestly can’t believe he will give you a better chance to win, then you have McElroy who looks like he has some potential but is totally untested in real time. So, what I believe we really have here is a process of elimination so to speak. Of course the entire situation re: the QB is just dreadfull, but it is what it is, and changes need to be made for 2013, no doubt!

70. By Ken on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Tannenbaum being a talent guru is over rated.

Under his GM-ship the best picks came when he had Mangini as his brains guy, and together they made good choices.

1st rounders with Mangini:
    D’Brick
    Mangold
    Revis
    Keller
    Gholston (yes, 1 bust and 4 studs).

Since relying on his own judgement and Rex thy have picked:
    Sanchez
    K Wilson
    Wilkerson
    Coples (all average to ok at best).

Not to mention the ‘star’ acquisitions when he puts on his fill-seats cap to make money for Woody, he stinks making us a winning team (Favre, Holmes, Scott, Edwards, Burress, LT, Tebow, etc). Most of whom left the team with ill feelings.

Who needs to go? Mike T. He has an over rated opinion of his own ability to judge talent.

71. By GaryC on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

this is for Jetfantom,I was asked if the jets had any PRO BOWLERS,I said I will know when their football careers are over.

72. By sal cottone on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Rex sent this organization back into the stone age, and blame Tatenbaum and Woody for letting it happen. Cant fire the owner, but we can let him know . Mr. T did ok with the previous regimes, Rex is just a clueless head coach and is best sticking with what he know’s X’s and O’s, he dont know player mgmt worth a lick. Rex is a walking dead football coach now, and will take multiple seasons to undo what he single handedly done. Woody just dont know ignorance when he see’s it. Parcellls and Bellecheck both ran from this owner, I hope Cowher or anyone else worth his salt does the same, and I dont mean Andy Reid or mike Holmgrin either, they too are in the REX category..Peter Principle=getting promoted to ones own level of incompetence!

73. By sal cottone on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

I mean dosnt do the same, Cowher would be a great Xmas present from Woody to the fans for this mess!

74. By sal cottone on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Bart Scott? He is a Joke! send him packing with Rex!! 2 pea’s in a pod..ends his siclence after 1 win like all the bonhead plays and losses never happened..give me a break!

75. By walt on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

A contention has been made that the Jets problem is they lack talent.I happen to disagree with that assumption.You could make the arguement that the Jets have the worst starting quarterback in the NFL and I will have to agree that this is definately a credible arguement but other than that I will take exception.On offense we have three all pro offensive linemen a good veteran tight end in keller and Kerley at wide out.On defense you could make the arguement that we have the best group of safeties in the NFL with Bell Landry and Smith.Devito Wilkerson Pouha and Coples for DLs.Cromartie at CB and a top ten linebacker unit.Injuries are no excuse all teams have issues with that and all the teams dip into the same talent poll.

76. By Bennett on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Sal cottone “The Peter Principle … GREAT.. I was beginning to think I was the only one that ever read that book. One does fine even excellant untile promoted beyond a certain level than one reaches his “level of incompetantcy” Virtually permiates our society. Good govenor horrible president, good colonel horrible general, good line coach horrible coordinator, great assistant manager, terrible manager, all promoted to THEIR level of incompatency… you witness it every day, EVERY WHERE … Way to go Sal.

77. By Joe on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Karen,with over 20 plus of my buddys having pleyed in the league (many drafted in rounds 1 and 2 ) I can absolutely positively tell you A FAN CAN NOT STEROTYPE A KID WITH A COLLEGE PROGRAM ONE WAY OR THE OTHER (BECAUSE GT produced other pros MEANS NOTHING IN RELATION TO S HILL.) I can also tell you a kids production in college OFTEN MEANS NOTHING .The NFL is a different world ..DESPITE MILLIONS SPENT ON SCOUTING HALF OF ALL FIRST ROUNDERS WILL BE OUT OF THE LEAGUE AFTER THEIR INITISAL CONTRACT HALF

78. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

64 Frank’s got it right, Karan, Sanchez could make any WR look bad, as he’s made — and I’ve said this for 2 yrs — Holmes look bad. How many times have I told you guys that as soon as Holmes goes to a team with a good QB, he’ll go right back to his former elite status? And there are many reasons we’re 4-7, including (1) An owner who doesn’t care about winning (2) A GM who knows nothing about football (3) A HC who knows nothing about O (4) An OC who knows less about O, and (5) As little talent as any team in the league, including (6) Possibly the worst bench in the league. Oh yes, and (7) Everything MJV just said about Sanchez.

79. By Joe on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

ps as far as our NEED AT WR IT DOESNT MATTER. The Jets COULD HAVE THE BEST WRS IN THE NFL AND WE AINT WINNING BECAUSE (FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME )THERES NO QB HERE.Case in point the PITTSBURGH STEELERS.The Steelers have GREAT WRS (TO GO ALONG WITH THE BEST DEFENCE IN THE NFL )without ROTHESBURGER CLEVELAND JUST BEAT THEM .Nothing matters but the QB. Its not the NFL ITS THE NATIONAL QUARTERBACKS LEAGUE .Mannings Brees Rogers Brady Rothesburger more or less psss the LOMBARDI BETWEEN THEMSELVES YEAR AFTER YEAR .lAST WEEK the STEELER RAVEN LINE SWUNG 7.5 POINTS WHEN PITTS REVEALED BEN WAS OUT.

80. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Wait a minute, GaryC, we DID draft a guy from the SEC, a QB, in fact — but he’d been a drug addict since he was 11, by his own admission, and somehow our scouting department missed that. Chicago Bob, your criticism of scjoe is all wrong. Of course you have to find a replacement HC and that won’t be nearly as hard as some folks think, just like it wouldn’t be so hard to find a good president outside of the 5 or 6 bozos that the media generally thinks are the only possible candidates in the universe. But sometimes you have to fire someone NOW to make a statement and if Woody did that, you wouldn’t have only 720 votes for Player of the Game on this site today. (When we were winning, you sometimes had thousands.) Yes, Woody, PULL THE PLUG NOW!

81. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Great posts, JetBlue, Eli, and Russ! Funny about Pro Bowlers, GaryC, and right you are about Rex and the Stone Age, Sal — though I’ll take a bow for being the first on this site to say his view of O dates from that era. Lose Mr T, Rex, Sparano, Sanchez, and Tebow and put an end to the Jurassic Jets!

82. By Viveca on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

I truly believe that most of us fans would have drafted better than Tannenbaum. So he picked up Brick and Mangold…what’s the big deal? A ten year old could have made those picks. We needed offensive line help and they were there for the taking. Not even sure that Ferguson was the best pick. Wasn’t Ngata picked a few spots later? I’m a draftnik and save my picks from year to year. I’m a little old housewife, but we would have been in much better shape with my picks, believe it or not.
    I almost cried when we picked a TE instead of Warren Sapp and missed Heath Miller for no good reason. How about Ed Reed and Gronkowski just to metion a few. Tannenbaum gets paid millions to do worse than I do at my kitchen table…

83. By JR on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

ARE YOU KIDDING? Watched this team for 45 years. Saw some really bad games over the years and some really good ones. Pathetic…I know we have injuries. I know our talent is better than this…but what we need is some leadership …from WOODY RIGHT ON DOWN! No more excuses please! No more we gotta find a way! This year is done …you killed it. Even when there was still a spark you killed it! I would call for a list of resignations come Jan 1

TANNEBAUM
    REX
    SPARANO
    PETTINE

GET THE PICTURE WOODY?

84. By Darhay on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

This organization and team has been the cause of much stress and heartache… The coach ( or higher ups) is determine to stick with a QB that does not have the skills to match up in this league. They should have NOT given him a contract extension, MS is not starter by any means. Green is not a elite running back, and the so-call hard nose defense has fail to be develop. This is a failed project Mr Johnson. Best think to do is hire someone that has a good track record with getting talent into a organization ,and will put together a coaching staff that will actually develop good game planning and focus more on winning then promising Superbowl appearances!

85. By JAUNTY on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Goodness graceous this groupe of “football players” sure looks funny. I beleive the best thing that has happened to these people in the last 12 months has been Tim Tebow. This Jets Groupe could never know this however. How Timmy ever agreed to come to this Asylum is anybodies guess. Show me that clip of Mr Sanchez slaming into his lineman’s rear end again, and i will be set for the rest of the season. Rock on Jets Fans. I sure feel for you. By the way, i would still rather watch Mr Tebow, than Mr Manning. Much More exciting. Jaunty Humphreys

86. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Tatenbaum, Rex, and Sparano will probably not be around next year. WHY! Tatenbaum does not know how to draft pick or run a team, Sparano should be a Pop Warner coach (or should he) as for REX, he lost control and respect of his own players as well as the FANS. We need someone like “GRUDEN or COWHER” Honestly I would settle for “Broadway Joe” right now. SAL, your right “COWHER or GRUDEN” would be a great XMAS present for all of us…

87. By Byrdman on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Just thinking about the most ridiculous play I’ve seen in years – The broken play when Sanchez runs into Moore’s BUTT, fumbles, NE scoops and scores. New name for Rex and Mark – how about Beavis and Butthead ?? Works for me :D Ever notice how a franchise QB handles a sack or broken play? Saw a dozen different guys this weekend (even rookies) sense the pressure then WRAP THEIR WHOLE BODY AROUND THE BALL or duck under the tackler and find somebody wide-open. Sanchez goes into a full blown cardiac arrest against a blitz – he’s got NO backup plan whatsoever. It amazes me that teams don’t blitz Mark EVERY play – whats to stop em? it always produces a TO often a TD for the Defense

88. By Byrdman on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

Ron A. nice work on the draft picks. Seen several football sites that rank Tanny in the bottom 25-32 as a GM. His strategy is flawed, constantly trading multiple picks to move up. When the guy is a bust, you’re really screwed cause you gambled 2 picks on the bum. Sanchez and Green are classic examples of bad moves that have doomed this team – Didn’t we trade up for Wilson too? The best TE’s, future HOF players were not first round picks as Keller was – Is he better than Gates, Gronk, Witten, Vernon Davis, Gonzalez ? I would argue that Keller is not in the top 20 right now and certainly not playing up to his draft position. T-Bomb’s hit are all first round NO-BRAINERS like Brick, Revis and Mangold not hidden 5th round gems.

89. By Byrdman on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

The shrewd GM’s in the NFL view the draft as a roulette wheel – its not wise to place all your chips on one number (player) there’s a higher chance of winning the more numbers you bet on.

90. By Howie D on Nov 25, 2012 | Reply

I respectfully disagree with those who want trade Revis. Revis is a big time player and championship teams need big time players. He’s one of the few talents we can count on. He cements our secondary. Lose him and that becomes another area to rebuild. I also wouldn’t trust this regime to get “Value” for him. They would certainly squander the opportunity. My only concern with Revis is that he seems to be getting a bit injury prone, something we need to watch as he gets older.

91. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

What the heck does it mean that Fireman Ed says he’s not gonna go to the games in character because there’s too many threats of fights? Does he mean Tebow maniacs ridiculing his Sanchez jersey? (The Sanchez jersey is worthy of ridicule, but so is Tebow’s.) I can’t believe he means the opponents’ fans calling him out because most opponents aren’t too scared of these Jets. Well, at this point I’m for anything that highlights the inept product and circus atmosphere of this franchise because eventually Woody will either sell or make huge changes and that’s a good thing. Especially since Rex started the circus vibe the second he got here so he’s likely to be the first or one of the first fired. And that’s when the New Dawn of the Jets begins.

92. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for the New Dawn on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Oh wait a minute, another story says that Fireman Ed’s bailing on the costume because fans are getting in his face about the Sanchez jersey, which I guess means he might really be on the payroll. I didn’t know he’s only been a fan since ’75, though, so that explains a lot. He has no idea what this team looked like when it was briefly a Super Bowl contender from about ’68 to ’72 or so because he wasn’t a Jet fan then, so I guess he’s got a high tolerance for mediocrity and even foolishness. After almost 50 yrs, I have a very low tolerance for those things in Green and White, so I’m looking forward to seeing heads roll and maybe even seeing the chief of the Florham Park heads (Woody) sell and roll out of town.

93. By IRA on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Leon for getting his 8th Kreturn for a TD and tying the record. I really hope he breaks it and sets the record. Way to go Leon!

94. By JetBlue on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Here’s the difference between Rex & a real HC: Pitt has 8 TOs & loses to Cleveland. Tomlin makes no excuses, appears angry & determined, even though he’s playing with 3rd & 4th string players at key positions. Doesn’t matter, he coaches the position, not the player, & expects to win. Then there’s Rex. Looking down at the floor, making no sense, stumbling on his repetative words, stating the obvious, telling all who will listen that he and the team are going to give us all they have – which apparently isn’t much. His recent press conferences sound as though he’s giving the eulogy at a funeral. And, since this team is dead to me, that’s exactly what he’s doing. Get in the pine box Rex. It’s over. You’re finished.

95. By SCfromNY on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

First the questions about coaching: Gruden for HC and add a pass oriented OC and try to find a DC with Rex’s game skills but able to evaluate talent. HC’s do not have to be experts in D & O. Walsh was a O genius & Parcells was mainly D. Speaking of such let’s kill the talk on Parcells, Cowher, and Fassel. Their time is over. The D has been playing OK lately but the O is limited by Stinkchez and Greene who have decent moments but never when it really counts. Both are good backup material. Watching other teams over the weekend the most glaring issue is how quick they all seem compared to the Jets. For most of the 1rst quater Eli was horrible but he shook it off and then played great. I don’t think most Jets are “football” smart Get Polian!!!

96. By Bennett on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

So Chad Henne came of the bench last week and threw for 4 TD’s and a nice 354 yards. This week he started threw 2 TD’s including a 59 yarder and the finally won at home. He comes off the bench and has 6 TD’s in 2 games. This is what we call a viable option. He was avaiable but we in our infinite wisdom went with Tebow who is not a viable option. Not to say that kid won’t throw 5 interceptions next week but come on this is just plain stupid. Tebow?… Tebow? The Jets never make the logical choice, ever,decade after decade regardless of GM or owner or coach.This is why the are and will always br known as the same old Jets Just keep shedding those fans T-baum

97. By Eli Rodriguez AKA (RUSS BALL 4 GM) on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

DEAR RANDY: THE INSURRECTION HAS BEGUN AND IS BEING LED BY THE #1 JETS FAN– FIREMAN ED (WHEN THE MAN WALKED OUT AT HALFTIME-YOU KNOW HE WAS HIGHLY UPSET)……………….TOO FUNNY! ONLY IN JETSVILLE!

98. By kenny on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

you just wait until next year!!!!!!!

99. By THUNDER LIPS on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

one word “INEPT”. 1. an owner who was more concerned with the election than his team, 2. a GM who is terrible 3. a non-head coach 4. lack of talent all over 5. no depth

time to clean the slate and atart from scratch. why are we paying guys big money to play like garbage. we need to invest in solid starters (no more projects) and dependable 2nd stringers.

the lack of depth has caused the special teams, a once strong point, to become a hinderance to this team.

no discipline no one to answer to.

no having Mcelroy activated when Tebow was hurt – INEXCUSABLE.

the press got it right in the beginning … ITS A CIRCUS

100. By Eli Rodriguez AKA (RUSS BALL 4 GM) on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

FIRST FIREMAN ED QUIT HIS ROLE….. MAYBE NOW MIKE T WILL QUIT HIS ROLE AS GM—REX AS A HC AND M.S. AS A QB……..

101. By Bennett on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Sanchez 2009 season whopping 12 TD’s ( FOR THE SEASON, Henne just got 6 TD’s IN 2 GAMES ) nice 20 INT and an impressive 53.8% completion rate Small miracale they got to the playoffs at all with him at the helm (I know he was a rookie ) 2009 post season @CIN 12 completions 1 TD @ SDG 12 completions 1 TD. Facts are the got to the post season and won in spite of Sanchez not because of him. Good defense, good running game and a HC that had them thinking they could win is what got them so far. For you Sanchez apologist who are still out there and whose only argument left is “Well he did lead us to 2 champ. games didn’t he ? That dog don’t hunt, he didn’t, face reality, numbers don’t lie

102. By Bennett on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

That being said about Sanchez lets put this context. Sanchez has played his way to a QB starter in the NFL He is out there every week engaged in a ferocious contact sport. He is a single, multi-millionare who is playing in the media capital of the world and has dated Kate Upshaw. Me I’am an old, never has been schmo living in a beat up tract house on the Island and watching him get creamed each week while I sit in an easy chair sipping beers. Just to put this in prespective

103. By Allan O'Dane on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

I was one of those people with the “schotty must go” rant…but now I see it wasn’t schotty at all…it was the QB he knew that this kid is not a starter in the NFL. The NYJ let go of Bill Callahan regraded as one of the best O-line coaches in the league and you bring in a joke like Sparano???? I bet every jet blogger on this site just cringes when sanchez is in the redzone..You know why? because you can bet he will throw an INT. You can even call it now. This qb does not have what it takes…He doesn’t take care of the ball…He STILL stares down his wr’s. Same mistakes over and over again. The look on Fireman Ed’s face during the game said it all…………

104. By ron alexander on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

KEN& Sal COTTEN, did you read my post above? “Over-rated???? are you kidding???? He is a complete unmittagated disaster! Again, Rds 1 -3 are the money rds. So in 7 years he has drafted’2012- Q.Coples 2 sacks in 11 games? S.Hill rd.2 12 catches 7 drops?D.Davis-shows potential? 2011-M.Wilkerson looks good,RD.2 traded-Rd.3 K.Ellis ?
    2010.Wilson Rd.1- BUST! Rd.2 traded RD.3- V.Ducasse BUST! 2009 M.Sanchez-Bust! Rd.2 traded to move up for Sanchez RD.3S.Greene below avg.2008-V.Gholston #1 all-time BUST! Rd.1b-D’Keller good but not worth the 2nd & 3rd Rd picks we traded to move up?2007-D.Revis,great! Rd.2 D.Harris-good player,Rd.3Traded (2006),-D.Ferguson-good,K.Clemmens-BUST!&Rd.3-A.Schlagel-BUST! cont.

105. By ron alexander on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Cont- So in 7 drafts we had 21 picks, He trades 6 away-his drafts produced 5 complete busts Gholston,K.Wilson,DucasseK.Clemmens & A.Schlagel. He had 5 players Q.Coples,S.Hill, M.Sanchez,S.Greene & E.Smith who have not panned out in relation to their draft posisition to date. So how can anyone say Tannenbaum is anything but a disaster when we have little to nothing to show for 16 of his 21 premium picks. In addition,another 16 of his 49 total picks were cut out right and contributed absoloutely nothing?

106. By Bennett on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Ahh the “Peter Principal ” the level of incompetance. Rampant in the Army where the almost automatic promotions go on. Realitively harmless untile war thats when people die beause that good platoon leader reached his level of incompetance when he got a company. Jets are a perfect example, Rex good defensive coach bad HC, T-baum.good contract guy poor GM, Sanchez good colleage QB bad NFL QB. Each one has reached his level of incompetance. Sporano actually went up 2 levels of incompetancy poor head coach, poor offensive co., probably an excellant line coach or assistant

107. By AZ JET Fan on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Ken, good point about Mangini mmaking good draft picks. It was Favre’s fault he got fired anyway. We started 8.3 and then Brett got hurt, but kept playing down the stretch. Speaking of ex coaches, you play to win the game and I hope the Jets win the rest of their games. All the teams they play stink too.

108. By JetBlue on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Really great posts T64, Byrdman, Bennett & others. I wonder if Woody watched any football this weekend. Watching other teams play makes all of the Jets shortcomings so obvious. QBs that don’t stare down their Rcvs; RBs with speed, instinct and cut-back skills; WRs who look like they practiced with the QB; Defs that play with passion and go to the ball; Head Coaches that prepare their team for the game and make adjustments as they go. But no, we are Jets fans and we have to watch in amazement as other teams like the Giants show how to respond to a big game challenge. As for Fireman Ed & his feelings getting hurt. Really? What did he expect when he decided to put on that Sanchez jersey? C’mon Man! Go back to Harper #42. Pride.

109. By Karan on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Bennett, it’s not always about numbers. I don’t have the best way to defend whats going on with the QB at the current time and even last season, because he is playing bad. I will however, defend what he did in his first two seasons. He stepped his game up big times on those road playoff wins. 4-2 record for a young QB in his first two seasons is pretty darn good. He beat the Colts, Chargers, Bengals and most importantly the Patriots on the road. That’s a big deal if you ask me. Yes, he had a great defense and O-line play was great, but like I’ve said before, Matt Ryan has been in a similar circumstance the past 4 to 5 years. Sanchez only had it for two. And what is Matt Ryan’s playoff record again?? Hope you get my point.

110. By davetharave on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

If Fireman Ed has given up what can anybody else do.

111. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Well put Bennett. I drink beer, bite my nails, and watch in horror how MS operates as a QB. I watch in horror how Sparano makes beautiful calls on offense. I watch in horror how REX (who is suppose to be a great DC) make horrible calls for the defense. I watch in horror our special teams falter. WOW, in other words the way the JETS have been playing is like watching a horror movie. There palying is very scary….

112. By Byrdman on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Fireman Ed Retires – At first glance I loved the fact that he left at half-time. “GREAT” I was thinking, here is the most visible fan in Metlife making a HUGE statement, surely Woody and Jets top brass will get the message that fans are disgusted! But then Ed takes a swipe at fellow Jet fans? Now my reaction is more… GOODBYE its time for you to step down, C-YA you don’t speak for Jet nation any longer. What a tool-box! Now Sports-writers are chiming in on the “Fire Rex, Tanny” debate. Most feel Woody should just “tweak” things a bit, maybe dump Sparano, demote Tbomb to accounting, nothing drastic. What do you guys want… Clean House fire sale or Minor cosmetic changes ? Burn it Down or Repaint the House ?

113. By IRA on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Ok so the sanchez play running into Moore was hard to believe. It happened time to move on. Does anybody think the Alan page picking up a fumble and returning it the wrong way for a safety wasn’t as bad?

114. By robertpapalia on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Hey Randy don`t post me out like the last time. Anyway needless to say the Jets are an embarressment. Rex Kotite must be fired along with Mike Tanny. This team has no talent because of poor personnel decesions. Everybody who`s responsible for this debacle must be fired. This is as bad a situation as it was before Parcells took over. A true travesty in the making.

115. By Chicago Bob on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Jet Fan Since ’64 – I was not criticizing scjoe, I was merely stating for those who want Rex fired, please let us know who your choice would be – I have been saying that all along however the bulk of the people who want Rex canned have no replacement in mind. Fact is, there is not much out there. In regards to trading Revis, for anyone to say he is untouchable is insane. There is no reason in the world for the Jets not to listen to offers – some of you older guys can recall when the Packers traded two 1st’s, two 2nd’s and a 3rd round pick to the Chargers for a 34 year old John Hadl. You never know what is out there until you try – there are some GM’s out there willing to do some incredibly desperate (and dumb) things.

116. By GaryC on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Jetfantom,remember Ainge was a relation to Danny so maybe the jets didn’t do such a thorough search,probably Tanny or Rex was a big Celtics fan and nepotism reared it’s ugly head.

117. By Stevesc on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Ryan isn’t being delusional about MS being the best option to win, he is being dishonest about it. This organization from the top on down is afraid to admit what a huge mistake they made giving MS the contract they did prior to the season. They are afraid to eat crow, so you will not see any other QB this season unless MS get hurt, and I don’t wish that on anyone. This is what I see as the unwillingness to even bench Sanchez, which most HC’s would have done by now. And as I stated in another post, the Jets should let TT go to a team that will let him play and not be used as a pawn. He has shown a lot of class given the situation he is in. Most players would be lashing out to the media if they were receiving the negativity he recieves.

118. By ron alexander on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

WALT, Sorry dude but your way off base concerning the talent on this team.E. Smith is a decent spec.Teamer but poor in pass coverage. D.Keller is an undersized T.E & poor blocker.Avg at best. Mangold is the only true pro-bowler on the O.L. Brick is avg. runblocker, has trouble in pass prot. vs. good pass rushers.B.Moore just got tossed like a rag-doll into Sanchez on the infamous “Butt-Play”!Moore had a couple of good years but the past two have been poor.Q.Coples has 2 sacks in 11 games?C.Jones for N.E has 7 sacks in only 8 games?3 of our 4 L.B’s are old & too slow& the 4th is having an off year.Only rookie D.Davis shows promose.At S Bell & Landry can hit,but their coverage skills are so-so at best.Did you see Landry get beat by Edelman?

119. By Bitter Blinka on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

It will probably get real bad here over the next season or two.
    Not sure what they can do with Sanchez. They are stuck with him for another year unless they can trade him for a low round pick and pay most of his contract.
    The QB is a big part of the problem.
    Rex does not hold his players accountible and is a poor talent evaluator.

120. By SCfromNY on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Bennett: agree with most of your posts. I will NOT excuse MS for anything. He has proven that he has little clue on how to play in the NFL as a QB. His football mentality should have been checked better. You give a 22 year old millions, let him know he is the starter no matter what, have no viable option to replace so he is not worried, and have Kate Upton to make him feel better after a poor performance on the field. The Owner needs to burn it down! I have no problem with a business man worring about the ecconomy and his childrens future over how his football toy (JETS) is doing. Start with scouting and clean house. 17% of starters in the NFL were FA. We never hit lotto we pick up losers or has beens. We have no speed or future. BIG CHANGE

121. By Joe on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Jet Blue great posts on the STEELERS .Ifollow them closeLy as BASICALLY TEAM -ORGAN WISE THEY ARE THE POLOR OPPOSITE OF THE DISASTER WE GOT GOING ON HERE.In Pittsburgh NOTHING LESS THAN A SUPER BOWL WIN MATTERS NOTHING .Here SOME are saisfyed WE 2 AFC CHAMP LOSES YEARS AGO .(To a Steeler fan THATS A JOKE )Great illustration of the difference we give them a 5th for Holmes .K.Colbert uses the 5th to DRAFT Ant Brown PRO BOWLER .Pittsb GETS GUYS LIKE James Harrison as UNDRAFTED FA while we cant EVEN DRAFT FIRST ROUNDERS .Pitts in one DRAFT DRAFTS MORE HALL OF FAMERS THAN WE HAVE FOR OUR ENTIRE ORGANIZATIONS HISTORY

122. By scjoe on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Chicago Bob, I don’t know if you misinterpreted my post or if I misinterpreted yours, but I am a Rex supporter, and I agree 100% that “if” they are going to release him they better have a viable option in place, me? I don’t see one out there. I am still a firm believer that the “talent” (or lack there of) on this team is the main problem, not who is coaching them. I also agree 100% that “if” they can get a kings ransom for Revis, you do it. If push comes to shove give me the elite QB over the elite CB any day of the year.

123. By scjoe on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Bitter Blinka, simple, they have to cut ties with Sanchez (and Tebow) , eat the 9 mil, admit that they made mistakes of epic proportions on both, and move on, preferably with a GM who has at least some clue on how to evaluate talent. That would be a good start.

124. By Joe on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of Pitts a few weeks ago i watched AMERICAS GAME THE 75 PITTS STEELERS .The late DWIGHT WHITE QUOTE= TWO THINGS NOBODY EVERY REMEMBERS ABOUT A TEAM THOSE TEAMS THAT NEVER WON A SB AND THOSE TEAMS THAT ONLY WON ONE SB.lol Karen i dont think White or anyone else REMOTELY CARES that Sanchez quarterbacked us to AFC CHAMP GAMES as the last time i checked SANCHEZ was-is PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PER YEAR TO ACTUALLY WIN THE SB (not LOSE THE GAME BEFORE IT TWICE )IF,ALMOST ,WOULD HAVE ,COULD HAVE ,SHOULD HAVE are always catch phrase for the loser

125. By Joe on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

LOL it BAFFLES me that some Jet fans come on here and equate this TEAM to some high school or non schol D-2 college program WHERE MORAL VICTORYS COUNT .The NY JETS players -coaches are PAID MILLIONS OF DOLLARS PER YEAR TO DO NOTHING BUT WIN THE SUPER BOWL (absolutely positively nothing but winning the super bowl matters )I dont ever hear of the players or coaches GIVING BACK THEIR 7 FIGURE YEARLY SALARYS FOR FAILURE TO WIN .

126. By Nick on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

The entire organization is a mess and an embarrassment from the top down. Get rid of Mr. T, Rex, Sparano, Sanchez, Ducasse, S. Hill, E. Smith and oh yes Bart Scott…..”CAN’T WAIT.”

127. By ron alexander on Nov 26, 2012 | Reply

KARAN, Greg Jennings is getting a little long in the tooth to invest serious money in. He is better suited to a contending team as a 3rd or 4th option. If we were ever gonna bring Braylon back it would have been this year. I know you like Bowe & he is a very good player who would fit in nicely here. The problem will be money. Right now we barley have the money to sighn our draft picks & a couple of our own free agents we need to bring back like B.Moore & L.Landry. So unless we
    can find anybody stupid enough to take our over paid guys like S.Greene,Keller M.Sanchez,D.Ferguson or perhaps Revis(not over paid, but what can we get for less?) I’m afraid next year will be a lot like this year.

128. By Chicago Bob on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

I agree with you scjoe, to get rid of Rex would make things even worse. The odds of you getting anyone out there that would be a better option are slim. Belichick’s initial coaching experience was a disaster – Rex has made his share of mistakes however defensively he has not done that bad considering their lack of personnel – when you look around, there are a lot of average to better than average players on “D”. Since Rex has been here, he has never had that dynamic pass rusher that all the other quality teams seem to have. Supposedly there are several college players who would fit nicely in the 3-4 as OLB’s that can get to the QB – hopefully we can land one. Give McElroy a chance before he goes somewhere and turns into another Woodhead

129. By GaryC on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

People killed the jets when they took Kenny O’Brien,except for Revis and Mangold,he might have been the third best jet on this team.

130. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom and No Fool on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Good to see you move into the Dump Sanchez at Any Cost and Eat the $9 Mil camp, scjoe, it would be really insane of Woody to ask Jet fans to just keep going to the games to watch this embarrassing mess of a team…though Punchie’s just fine with it and thinks it’s the the rest of us who have the problem processing reality…

131. By ron alexander on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

JOE,Nice job yourself pointing out the difference between us & the Steelers.Agree 100% there is no comparison. Instead of worrying about who our next Q.B or H/c will be I am with TOM64 that this team needs to re-create itself with a whole new idenity! Of course that will require a new owner coming in who is committed to establishing a tradition of excellence. Joe, you are on the money when you say “moral victories’ are for losers!S.C.Joe,Bennett,Gary C and others have all said the same thing, “THE BAR HAS BEEN SET TOO LOW! Next year will be more of the same as Woodie is just like Rex.In denial! JETBLUE & BYRDMAN, a shout out to both you guys as you are posting one good one after another! I wish there were more who see the whole picture!

132. By Jeremy on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Whoah whoa whoa there Jets fans… lets not throw the”bust tag” on coples just yet… Rex’s schemes simply aren’t working anymore, and were made for two elite corners on the outside… Coples needs time to learn the game… an aging LB core doesn’t help. And we all knew this season was done the moment Revis and Tone went down… our two best players at each position.

133. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Every time I see the headline “REX, STILL HARD TO IMAGINE, BUT IT HAPPENED”. Rex, why is it hard to imagine. You constantly say MS is your QB, you allow Sparano to make offensive calls (by the way, they are offensive to us JET FANS). I can not speak for others in here, but I am tired of hearing excuse after excuse, I am tired of hearing MS is the QB, If he played on a team I coach, which is a “POP WARNER TEAM” here in Florida he would have been benched long ago. One of the best and loyal fans you had in the stadium was the “FIREMAN” and he is giving up all hope. We are a dis-gruntled bunch of JET FANS who deserve better then this. So stop making excuses for MS and open your eyes….

134. By Gregory Beaumont on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Any team can beat another on any day. The Jets beat St. Louis. However, this is only one game with six loses to match it. That translates to the Jets can beat St. Louis 1 out of 6 times, which means nothing. If I and my friends put a team together and played the Jets 16 times, we might win 1. This means nothing, only that even a bunch of non-professionals could still win one game against the pathetic Jets. Please sit MS down and at least give TT a chance. Hey, San Francisco did this with Kuepernick, even with a really good QB in place already.
    I guess the Jets are just too stupid to realize anything!!

135. By GaryC on Nov 27, 2012 | Reply

Ira, that was Jim Marshall against the niners when billy Kilmer believe it or not was a wide receiver for the niners,who ran the wrong way.

136. By JetBlue on Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

GaryC: Good catch on the Jim Marshall blunder. I remember seeing that on “This Week in the NFL” with Pat Summerall & Tom Brookshire. Back then it was the only way to see highlights of other teams outside of your local area. The thing about Marshall is that despite that one play, he is revered as one of the greatest defensive lineman to play this game. Unfortunately, Sanchez will not be remembered the same way. His butt-fumble may be the lasting impression for his NFL career.

137. By Joe on Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

RON A as we both have said many times its MIKE T TOTAL FAILURES IN PERSONAL FAILURES (draft fa)thats the cause of this debacle.LOL if someone that never saw a football game in their life bought a SPORTNEWS DRAFT GUIDE 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE LAST 4 DRAFTS (and followed it )THEY WOULD HAVE DONE A MUCH THAN MIKE T. FOR INSTANCE how does one take a D2 LINEMAN IN THE SECOND ROUND .(Other than LARRY ALLAN i cant think of another D-2 LINEMAN THAT EVER WAS EVER ANY GOOD )Duccasse in college played against 200 LB LINEMAN. How could you risk such a high Larry Allan was picked on shear physical abiliy WHAT WAS THE ATTRIBUTE DUCCASE HAD THE INTERESTED THE JETS .

138. By Joe on Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

The DEFINATION OF INSANITY IS TO DO THE SAME THING TWICE THE IDENTICAL WAY AND EXPECT A DIFFERENCE RESULT .Last year WE LOST TO EVERY TEAM WE FACED THAT HAD A WINNING RECORD (often getting blown out )This year ITS VIRTUALLY THE IDENTICAL PERSONAL as LAST YEAR TEAM (lol did REX EXPECT TO SUDDENLY TURN INTO THE 80S NINERS ECT )from one season to the next with the same personal

139. By Byrdman on Nov 28, 2012 | Reply

JetBlue – you nailed it! That butt-fumble (BUMBLE) is a microcosm of Sanchez’ whole career thus far. It will live in infamy as his signature play for decades on the NFL Follies DVD’s The latest flip-flop from Joe Namath says a lot between the lines, after ripping Sanchez last week as inconsistent and error prone NOW Joe claims Mark can be Championship caliber “…but he needs to be more on target with his passes” lol Sanchez is nothing more than a “game manager” QB at his best. He needs a 65% completion rate and zero turnovers (not gonna happen) I’d hoped MS could develop into a poor mans Drew Brees, less than ideal arm and height but great pocket awareness and hits the 3rd, 4th and 5th reads in stride.

140. By GaryC on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

Joe,look up Tom Newberry who played guard for Rams,he was very good.

141. By GaryC on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

joe,also Jahri Evans who plays for the Saints,their are guys in the division 2 who could play,are problem is we have division 2 scouts.

142. By ron alexander on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

JOE, Tannenbaum strikes me like a guy trying to prove himself inspite of the fact he is simply not qualified for the role he has been entrusted.If you remember how much camera time he got on “Hard Knocks’ it was crazy.The Rosco diner fiasco, the treadmill with Woody, the chats with Rex, cutting players,it was way too much Tannenbaum! The Ducasse thing was all about him trying to prove to everyone how smart he was.Well, hows that looking now? JEREMY, you are correct, its too early to declare Coples a bust.Physically, he has all the tools to succeed.Time will tell he is willing to accept the challange of being great.(or even better than avg.) like you I believe he deserves an opportunity to prove himself. So far, not so good.

143. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

Well another weekend is upon us “JET FANS” and we are in the same position we were last week. MS will be the QB, REX, SPARANO and Tannenbaum are is still here with high hopes of still making the play-offs. I can not believe what I read from REX, SPARANO and Tannenbaum and their excuses. It would be nice to get a win this week… “SO LETS GO JETS”….

144. By Joe on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

Ron EXACTLY as you couldnt pay the successful Organizations enough (STEELERS PATS) TO GO ON HARD KNOCK S AS ITS A BIG TIME DISTRACTIONS .The Jets WELCOMED THE ATTENTION(any publicity from the GIANTS IS GOOD PUBLICITY)

145. By Joe on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

Gary i can tell you first hand the difference between a ALL AMERICAN D-1 COLLEGE LINEMAN AND AN ALL AMERICAN D-2 COLLEGE LINEMAN IS BEYOND HUGE .The draft is a crap shoot as it is.YES there are exceptions to every rule common sense dictates ITS MORE PRUDENT TO EVALUATE A KID PLAYING OVER SUH (NEBRASKA )THAN IT IS PLAYING OVER A 210 LB DT WHO WILL BE TRADING STOCKS NEXT YEAR/.Gary dont get me wrong on a 5th rounder plus give it a shot but with a number 2 I realize with lARRY ALLAN A BEING A PHYSICAL SPECIMAN THE COWBOYS TOOK A SHOOT .Duccass DEFINATELY AINT A PHYSICAL SPECIMAN SO WHY USE SUCH A HIGH PICK ON HIM

146. By ron alexander on Dec 1, 2012 | Reply

JOE, yeah, and the sad thing is Woody wanted to do it again this year. Fortunately, Rex didn’t and was able to talk Woody out of it. GREG BAUMONT, please, you cant compare Tebow to Kaepernick. First of all, Kaeperneic was a prolific passer at Nevada who threw for 4 times the yardage Tebow threw for. Secondly, Tebow is not as fast or elusive as Kaepernick.Tebow basically relies on power which can work on occassion but will eventually get him injured. Hey, he only ran the ball a couple of times against Seattle yet he got two broken ribs. I can understand you wanting to see anybody but Sanchez out there but with the overall lack of talent on the Jets Tebow would not have the success he had in Denver last year.