• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game

Tebow, McElroy, Wildcat Status for Tennessee

Posted by Randy Lange on December 13, 2012 – 5:19 pm

Updated, 5:40 p.m. ET

Is the Jets’ version of the Wildcat dead? Well, maybe it’s only catnapping.

But Rex Ryan indicated today that Tim Tebow’s situation with the Jets at this moment is, well, complicated.

The Jets head coach was asked if Tebow, with his cracked ribs, could return to his role as personal punt protector as soon as Monday night at Tennessee.

“I don’t really see him in that role,” said Ryan, who then immediately jumped to Tebow’s role on offense. “As far as the Wildcat, obviously with the ribs the way they are, that’s a role, hopefully, that once we get the OK with those ribs, we probably expand that. But it’s not necessarily going to be a big part of our game plan. I think he’s improving, but improving to where you’re going to run the powers and the counters, I’m not sure about that.”

Yet Ryan acknowledged that Tebow has been cleared by the Jets’ medical staff and there is nothing else wrong with him, and so he continues in his role as the first in behind Mark Sanchez.

“He can be the backup quarterback and run some base things,” the coach said, adding about the ‘Cat, “There’s always a chance you can put him in that role.”

Rex also said that Greg McElroy continues in the third QB role and could be active vs. the Titans. But as he explained last week after Joe McKnight’s pregame migraines rippled through the roster and forced Ryan to keep an extra RB (Kahlil Bell) up just in case and to deactivate McElroy, “Each week is different.”

“Obviously, Tim’s had many more reps and I’m just more comfortable with Tim,” Ryan said about his choice of No. 2 QB for now. “I like Greg. I think Greg has improved a ton since his rookie year. I’ve always liked him, but I felt his arm strength had to improve to play at this level and I think he’s done that. I think his arm is getting better. I’m excited about Greg, I am. The fact that I have Tim over him doesn’t mean that I don’t like Greg as an option at quarterback. I like Greg.”

The new flurry of Tebow/McElroy/WC/PP questions were spurred in part by Ryan’s interview on ESPN New York 98.7  FM the day after the Jaguars game in which he said Tebow being disappointed about this season “is probably a fair statement.” But both Ryan and then Tebow today elaborated on the “duality of disappointment” or some similar psychological theory in which a player can be happy to be a Jet but underwhelmed about how being a Jet has gone so far.

“I think you take everything in stride and you try to handle everything the best you can,” Tebow said in front of his locker this afternoon. “Obviously, it hasn’t gone exactly how we wanted, starting off the year with wins and everything as a team. Sometimes you have ups and downs and you just try to deal with them as best you can. They’re all learning opportunities, and when you believe everything happens for a reason, it makes it a whole lot easier.”

As for what this means for the Jets’ QB and Wildcat depth chart at Tennessee, your guess is as good as ours. It sounds as if Tebow may or may not play, McElroy may or may not be active, the Wildcat may or may not be implemented. The Titans simply need to be ready for every contingency.

Wednesday I-Reports/Special Thursday Edition

Updating Ryan’s pre-practice list with the official list submitted after 4 p.m., the Jets list 21 players on today’s first injury report of the week. Six did not practice today at the Atlantic Health Training Center, topped by RB Bilal Powell, who came off his career game at Jacksonville with a possible toe fracture to go along with his rehabbing shoulder. But Ryan said, “We think he’ll be all right, though,” for Monday night.

Also DNP: TE Dustin Keller (ankle), WR Stephen Hill (knee), CB Aaron Berry (hamstring) and WR Clyde Gates (concussion), LB Bryan Thomas (chest).

Two limited players were newly re-arrived WR Braylon Edwards (hamstring) and NT Sione Po‘uha (low back).

Thirteen Jets were listed but full-go, all of them holdovers from last week’s list. No longer on the list this week are DT Mike DeVito, FB Lex Hilliard, WR Jeremy Kerley (who had been on the list the previous five weeks with either a heel, a hamstring or both) and WR Chaz Schilens. The Jets’ full, updated I-report can be found here.

As for the Tennessee I-report that just came in, four players did not practice today, topped by RB Chris Johnson (ankle). WR Damian Williams (hamstring), DE Scott Solomon (knee) and LB Colin McCarthy (concussion) also were DNPs. The rest of the TT report: Limited — DT Jurrell Casey (knee), T Michael Roos (knee). Full — WR Kenny Britt (knee), CB Michael Griffin (neck), QB Jake Locker (left shoulder), DE Kamerion Wimbley (toe).

Tags: , , , , ,

44 Responses to “Tebow, McElroy, Wildcat Status for Tennessee”

1. By Bennett I got Karan mad on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Speaking of McElroy… In High school in Texas named EA All American and 5A Player of the Year won the 5A State championship. In his first High School season he passed for 4,636 yrds and 56 TD’s.which remains a record to this day. In colleage as a JUNIOR he lead his team to a 14-0 season and a State Champ. and was named SEC MVP. Oh there is much more, many more awards and honors like Athlelte/ Scholar of the year and so on. This is what we have buried at #3 because the pundits say he has a weak arm and get this “small hands” Bama didn’t worry about “small hands “. The pundits thought Sanchez was good enought to be a # 5 pick shows how much they know. Of coarse the Jets would never give him a shot, makes to much sense, way to daring,

2. By Byrdman on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Randy – Do you think it’s possible the “Wildcat” actually hurts the offense, upsets any “rhythm” Sanchez is able to establish in a game? Don’t wildcat plays in practice steal Base offense reps? Does Rex really think other teams spend film study time preparing for 2 or 3 “Cat” plays a game? I have a theory that one of the reasons Mark has regressed so badly this year is the limited number of reps he gets with the anonymous receivers. Plus the fact that Jets wildly overestimated Marks ability on draft day :D

3. By Howie D on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

This silly little game Rex is playing with McElroy makes no sense. Mc should be at least #2. Most coaches would probably have him starting at this point. Even with the injuries we should be playoff bound. Rex is also being dishonest and that’s even worse than all his missteps. He should be held accountable for these self-inflicted wounds.

4. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Punt protector ? ? ? What a JOKE ! ! ! I cant stand it ….

5. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

Tebow , and alot of Jets are possible trade material …We need a front offensive line after this year …We need running backs …We need tight ends , maybe a new QB or two …Wide recievers ..and a new head coach ..

6. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 13, 2012 | Reply

PLEASE WOODY , Go get Bill Parcells to save us …

7. By Karan on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Ahh, dang Bengals.

8. By punchie on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Well there you have it straight from the horses mouth amr power over decision making . I don`t care how hard you throw it when your throwing it into double coverage all the time.wink wink MARK. Give me the kid from ALABAMA just like our last legendary QB Joe willie. Tebow belongs with the jaguars…..

9. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

The 3 QBs we have, for all their strengths and weaknesses, deserve a better HC than Rex — but then, what NFL QB wouldn’t? While Sanchez, Tebow, and McElroy take things in stride, Rex carries on with his usual nonsense, spinning incredibly bad play and players, rationalizing every failure absurdly, rarely answering any important question with any real honesty, and dragging himself from game-to-game with a middle school coach’s knowledge about pro offense. I doubt Sanchez will ever be that much better than he is now no matter who he plays with or where and I think Mr T knows nothing about players, but Rex is still the first guy who has to go in my book.

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

“Sanchez needs to work on several areas of his game in order to remain the starting quarterback of the New York Jets after this season. But perhaps the biggest hole in Sanchez’s game is his inability to handle the blitz:
    5 Worst QBRs vs. 5+ Pass-Rushers
    Player Team QBR
    Mark Sanchez Jets 15.0
    Jay Cutler Bears 16.0
    Kevin Kolb Cardinals 20.6
    Brandon Weeden Browns 21.1
    Matt Cassel Chiefs 29.1
    ESPN Stats & Information
    According to ESPN Stats & Information, Sanchez has the worst QBR (15.0) in the NFL against five or more pass-rushers. Opponents are taking notice, because Sanchez also is the league’s most-blitzed quarterback at 37.7 percent.”

11. By IRA on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Truth be told Kerley can run the WC and his 41 yd pass to Mulligan in Mia last year was the longest pass play of the year. No reason they can’t run a play or two with him.
    Too bad about Cincy last night we need them to lose 1 game now and Pitt two. After we beat Tenn 23-21 we will still be alive no matter what happens ths week.
    And if we finish 9-7 in or out of the playoffs i believe they will make whatever changes they need to do to get this team back on track next year. Lots of work to be done but 3 games left to hope.

12. By Bennett got Karan mad on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

So McElroy starts in High School goes 16-0 wins a state title and is player of the year. Upom graduatin he is offered several scholarships to Div 1 schools ( with his “small ” hands no less ) . Starts at Bama goes 14-0 leads them to national champ named SEC MVP. Last year at Bama in 13 games has 2987 yrds 20 TD’s and 70.9 completion rate. The Jets have this kid buried at #3. If the had got a 6th round Tom Brady T-baum would have told Ryan to cut him and Ryan who wouldn.t know offensive talent if it bit him would of coarse rush to follow the orders. This kind of mentality is why it is the same old Jets year after year decade after decade.Just keep driving away those fans T-baum.

13. By Bennett got Karan mad on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Lets beat this subject to death shall we ? A basketball does not wobble when thrown a baseball does not wobble, niether does a soccer ball. The football will wobble even when thrown by the best and is thrown with a spiral. It has a very unique shape in the ball world,. Here hand size does matter when you try and catch it. While these fantastic athelets make a hand catch look easy it is actually a fairly difficult thing to do. The preferred and easiest method to catch this unique shaped object is by both the body and hands acting in concert . This is the preferred method and of coarse the QB always tries to deliver it in the proper postion to acheive this result. I remain perplexed at your reasoning Ron.

14. By GaryC on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

The only thing a steeler loss and jet win will do is prevent McElroy from playing.

15. By Frank on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Good having Edwards back may of us were perplexed the team did not resign him last offseason. One thing he doesn’t get much publicity on his his run blocking which he is one of the best in the NFL as a WR.
    In any case it doesn’t really matter Jamarcus Sanchez is still the QB. He played another poor game against one of the worst defenses in the league last week and Rex is not activating McElroy. Gotta believe he is still being punished for his comments last offseason.
    So we continue our stretch run against the leagues patty cakes we’ll see what happens Monday night.

16. By russ on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

When a player is not allowed to progess because orf contracual issues, it becomes apparent to all …that winning is not the goal. Getting satisfaction of winning by others having to lose is not a sound organizational philosophy.

17. By Karan on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

IRA, I’m not too sure but I believe we hold the win the tiebreaker against the Bengals if that were to happen. Unfortunately, since the Bengals won last, we should probably root for them next week against Pittsburgh because if we end up with a tiebreaker to Pittsburgh, they will advance. I wish the Bengals would have lost last night but lets hope they now go 9-7 and Pittsburgh is 8-8. Heck, I wish they could both be 8-8 but I don’t see that happening. Ultimately, I think either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati will take the 6th seed. I would love our team to win out and get a spot but it seems so unlikely by now. I believe the Jets can be a good team in the playoffs.They always seem to step up their game in the playoffs whether its Sanchez or the D

18. By GaryC on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

When you have to root for a lousy team like the Eagles to win your own team is in a sad state of affairs,every year,same bat time,same bat channel,hoping for other teams to lose to get False Gratification.Don’t worry,the jets aren’t running the table anyway,McElroy will still be on the bench,while Edwards is here.That tells you all you need to know.

19. By scjoe on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

64, I have learned that no matter how many cold hard facts you post, no matter how many actual stats you post re: Mark Sanchez and his inability to play this game even at an average level, there will be those select few who will contradict you every step of the way. After almost 4 full years in this league, and given all of those outrageous single game performances we have seen from this player during that time there are still those select few who honestly believe he needs to be given still another chance. What is worse, and even more mind boggling is the fact that some of those people hold a FO position with this team!

20. By scjoe on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

One more important point on that note 64, read Ira’s post above, the fact that Kerley, who throw a grand total of ONE pass last season from the wildcat for a 41 yard gain turned out to be the longest pass play of the season. How sad is that? Just try to imagine a stat like that in NE, NO, GB, NYG, Pitt, You know, those teams who actually go out and win SBs. What does that tell you about your everyday, every play QB?

21. By Dr. Frank Falcone, Jr. on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Rivers, Schaub, Roethlisberger in that second tier range of QB’s. The fans are crying out for him. Sanchez is done, Tebow is a waste. Give the kid a chance, Rex! With the Cincy win last night, the playoffs ain’t gonna happen! Let the kid play out the string. I don’t think he can do much worse than Sanchez. I bet he can hand the ball off to Greene and Powell the rest of the season and complete short passes to Kerley like Sanchez does without missing a beat. I bet he handles the blitz better, though!

22. By scjoe on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, now that Marcus Lattimore has made it official that he has entered the 2013 draft, the only question remaining is his health. I have read just recently that there is a good chance he will not be healthy enough to play in 2013. Of course that hasn’t been confirmed one way or another. But it will be interesting to watch that unfold. But the guy I want to see in green and white off that SC roster next year is Jadeveon Clowney, he is only a soph, but an absolute beast.

23. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Bennett, don’t worry about getting Karan mad, he/she gets a lot of breaks because we’re not sure yet if he/she is a guy or gal. Great to see folks talking honestly about McElroy, who’s obviously the vastly superior QB prospect over Sanchez and Tebow put together. One reason I argue so strongly for Mr T and Rex’s dismissal is I can stand losing when a real effort to win is made, but the way they’ve coddled Sanchez and lied about it is as sickening as anything I’ve ever seen in government, and when your team annoys you the way politicians do, it’s time for change. As I said last yr, Ira, the Wildcat pass Kerley threw last yr was better than any pass Sanchez threw all season. Stop rooting for other teams to lose, folks, it’s about us winning.

24. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Byrdman, maybe Randy can dig up the dozens of posts I’ve made over the last few yrs saying the Wildcat kills momentum on drives and breaks the QB’s rhythm, especially a QB like Sanchez who rarely gets into a rhythm until the 4th qtr if at all. Others who variously weighed in against the Wildcat, if I recall correctly, were scjoe, GaryC, Row, and the even more mysteriously-vanished Ranger 46 (unless the last one is lurking around here under another name — he couldn’t actually be joe, could he?)

25. By Tom Spicer on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

You guys are so high on Kerley. How about this I saw a video of Braylon practing & he is healthy & will play this week (unless he has a set back). With basically 1 or 2 practices (he passed his physical Thursday) I am telling you now he will be the best WR for the Jets on the field this Monday night! Any takers I am willing to bet this game he proves he is the best we got! Also some of you are acting like he is 39 he is 29 last time I checked I thought you were in your prime form 25 to 29 no?

26. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Friendly advice on posting: My attitude is if 75% of what I send in runs, I’m cool, considering how fast I rattle it off between work assignments and how much Randy has to do on the site. It’s fun to send up a Hail Mary post once in awhile, too, keeps Randy and the boys on their toes. And in that spirit I must say that Rex saying “I just want to win” MAKES ME LAUGH! Once I saw Steve Marriott with his reformed Humble Pie (1980) at My Father’s Place in Roslyn and before doing “All Shook Up” he said, “I dedicate this song to Elvis Presley. What happened to that fat f—, anyway? One day he looked great and the next day he looked like a bloody Christmas tree!” I might post with similar contempt for Rex but I wouldn’t expect Randy to print it…

27. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

This is the kind of nonsense that Jet fans have to stop getting excited about: “Braylon Edwards was under the goalposts in the sunlight Friday morning, back with the Jets but appearing more limited than a day ago. He was also limited in Thursday’s practice with a injured hamstring, but coach Rex Ryan still hopes the recently reacquired Edwards can play Monday. “Really limited, we never did a whole lot with him,” Ryan said of Edwards’ Thursday practice. “He got a few snaps on offense and did some individual work. It wasn’t full speed so being cautious there. But again I’m going to lean on the trainers and we’ll see how he progresses. But we’re hopeful that he’ll be able to go on Monday.”

28. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

And this, of course: “One day after announcing that Tim Tebow wouldn’t be used Monday night in the Wildcat or on the punt team, Rex Ryan did a suspicious about-face Friday, claiming Tebow’s sore ribs are fine and that he could play against the Titans. This reeks of gamesmanship. Without being prompted, Ryan declared that Tebow has made dramatic improvement and could return to his old roles. Ryan said Tebow, who fractured two ribs five weeks ago, looked terrific Thursday in practice.” The Wildcat, that catnip gimmick of losers, as Namath and anyone who knows anything about O (but not Rex and Sparano) have said many times…

29. By ron alexander on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

BENNETT, You kill me bro,(lol) but i luv ya! Hey, I dont care if Hill catches it between his butt cheeks.just catch the damn ball! And stop being mean to Karan. Now she’s made at me cause I wanted to put McKnight on Injured Reserve because of his concussion problem? Hey BENNET, did you ever catch Bob Nelson the comedians skit on football ? One of the best parts is when he says football players need to wear helmets so they dont get dain bramage? Well, thats what I was trying to tell Karan about McKnight. Oh well,… Hey IRA, right you are my man! Kerley runs the wildcat better than Tim. He’s quicker and more elusive. That pass you mentioned to Mulligan was right on the money too. Hey, mabey kerley should be the starting Q.B?

30. By Allan O'Dane on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

SCHOOL THEM BENNETT! I have been trying to get some people on this site to look for themselves at G-Mac Stats..and what he has accomplished. This is the one I like..Tom Brady was 20-5 at Michigan…G-Mac 24-3 at Bama. Brady 6th round pick…G-Mac 7th round. BUT G-Mac has a National Championship and a State Championship under his belt. Now..I am no rocket scientist but it looks like this kid knows how to win. And like you said..We won’t get a chance to see what he has on the NFL level. It doesn’t matter how well he did in pre-season. The NYJ were never going to start him because of the money they invested in Sanchez. They don’t want to look like they made a mistake. This kid deserves a chance.

31. By Allan O'Dane on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

This whole Tebow thing blew up in their faces. They know it…we know it. The way they handled the Peyton Manning thing…bad business..just because you checked out one of the greatest QB to ever play the game you felt you had to coddle mark and give him an ext? and 8.5mil? why? so you don’t hurt his feelings? Correct me if I’m wrong,,but aren’t you suppose to play well first and THEN get a raise? This whole mess is Mgmnts fault. Then you give a #2 WR in Holmes #1 money?? See..it makes no sense..Next time Woody..don’t aim for backpages….aim to build this franchise into a winner.

32. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

You keep hitting it out of the park, Allan, though I admit Rex and Sparano going wild over Tebow in the Wildcat was the biggest hanging curve any of us have ever been thrown. But yes, the fish rots from the head down and that starts with Woody. With all the outrageous stuff that’s happened this yr, I think the most outragaeous may’ve been Woody saying Romney winning was more important than the Jets winning. I don’t care how anyone votes or who they support but if I was a Jet and I heard that, I’d say to myself, “This guy’s not serious about this team, I’m going someplace where the owner wants a Super Bowl trophy.” I wonder if anyone could talk Adam Sandler into buying the Jets, that took some guts doing the Sandy benefit in a Jet T-shirt…

33. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

…and of course, Sandler’s joke about the butt fumble in his song at the benefit was priceless. Only a real Jet fan could make a joke like that…

34. By GaryC on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe,be careful about mentioning another Clowney,you might give JetFanTom a case of the yips.Of course this Clowney has shown great things,unlike the previous one,Hopefully if the Jets ever get the chance to draft him he doesn’t come down with Gholston disorder.

35. By GaryC on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Rex never made valevictorian,maybe that is why he is so against McElroy.

36. By GaryC on Dec 14, 2012 | Reply

Isn’t it time that McElroy got out of the Lumber business,as Theresa Wright said so eloquently to Gary Cooper,in the Pride of the Yankees,guess Rex never saw the movie.

37. By ron alexander on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Allan O”, I agree 100% with your post! While I have some doubts about Mac, I agree he should have been given the opportunity after saving out butts vs. the Rams. There are some obvious concerns about his arm strength but there have been other Q.B’s who have succeeded in this league with less than rocket arms. i certianly think he should have been the back-up last week in view of Tebows injury?

38. By Charliejet on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64 what was the term you used for Wrecks Ryan a year or 2 ago? “Funny little implosions ” …..

39. By MIKE on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Who cares about the stats on G Mac. The only stats I care about are Sanchez’s which only scratch the surface on why he should not be starting in the NFL. My point is, even if G-Mac throws for 100 yards per game and completed 50% of his passes in Bama it doesn’t matter because he WINS GAMES.

Here are the facts:
    Sanchez hurts this team.in multiple ways
    Not all good NFL QB’s are 1st round picks.

40. By Jet Fan Since '64 Ready for Change on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Charliejet, I can’t remember my term about Rex a year or two ago but if it was in that time period, it’s after I started to see through him. GaryC, I won’t go overboard in defending Clowney but I will say it’s been more than proven that Rex doesn’t have the slightest idea what to do about O and I wouldn’t be surprised if Clowney was one of the players that suffered as a result.

41. By scjoe on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Hey Guys, lets just throw out all of the G- Mac college stats, all the comparisons to Brady, the draft positions, the championships, all of that. Bottom line…..McElroy absolutely, positively needs to start and play the last three games in their entirety! Nothing else makes sense at this point. You need to have some kind of gauge of what this kid can and can’t do before it is to late. We already know what Sanchez AND Tebow can and can’t do, and it is not pretty!

42. By Charliejet on Dec 15, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64 “My Father’s Place” ! Remember US Blues as well?

43. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom and Plenty Fed Up By Now on Dec 16, 2012 | Reply

Yes I do, Charliejet, and I’m told, having not been to New York in years, that only The Chalet still reigns on the great Roslyn Row. As for My Father’s Place, I saw, let’s see, Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, Renaissance, Leon Thomas, McGuinn/Hillman/Perkins, the Ramones, Rory Gallagher, Robert Fripp and the League of Gentleman, Sam and Dave, Iggy Pop, probably lots of others that I’m forgetting…

44. By TideFan on Dec 17, 2012 | Reply

It’s a shame McElroy is buried at third string. Living in Alabama, I’m more of a college football fan but I like to follow our players careers once they leave here. McElroy is a solid QB. His marathon game tape viewing sessions and self analysis is well known here. He is a true student of the game. He broke records here at Alabama. Nobody down here ever complained about his small hands either. You know why?……..because he was winning.