• Wed., Sep. 03, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 05, 2014 1:25 PM - 1:40 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Sep. 06, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 07, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Live Jets Post Game: Raiders at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Mon., Sep. 08, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

Hill’s Rookie Roller-Coaster Lands Him on IR

Posted by Randy Lange on December 19, 2012 – 8:17 pm

It’s been a roller-coaster season of learning for second-round rookie WR Stephen Hill. Just a few weeks ago he talked about what he had planned for the last month of his first pro season.

“I just want to finish this season as hard as I can,” said the tall, fast, earnest young man from Georgia Tech. “I know a little more about what it takes to be great, or greater. I’m going to take that from today and try to build on that every day from today on into the offseason.”

Today Hill learned that he would be spending the final two weeks of the regular season on injured reserve with his knee injury.

The 6’4″, 215-pounder began the season with incredible promise, becoming the first Jet ever to debut with two touchdown catches in his first game in green and white against the Bills on opening day.

But those five catches for 89 yards and two TDs would be the high point of his inaugural season in the play-for-pay league. He had four receptions for 55 yards at New England and 5-for-40 in the 7-6 win over Arizona. But he also had several drops, two in the end zone and one late at Gillette Field that, had he caught it, likely would have iced an upset win over the Patriots.

He fought his way through calf, hamstring and ankle injuries and illness to post 21 catches for 252 yards (12.0 avg.) and three TDs. His last contribution to the cause came on the play on which he reinjured his knee, when he was pulled down by CB Derek Cox to draw a 14-yard pass interference penalty in the second quarter at Jacksonville.

Hill left EverBank Field that day limping only slightly and with an electro-stim device connected to his knee, smiling and talking optimistically about getting back quickly from this latest physical setback. But the progress had been slow, with head coach Rex Ryan saying this morning that Hill wouldn’t practice today at the Atlantic Health Training Center and adding that “He’s not going to be able to go” on Sunday against San Diego.

With the arrival off waivers last week of WR Braylon Edwards, his contribution on a week’s work at Tennessee, and the good condition of his sore hamstring, the Jets decided late today to place Hill on IR. Taking his place on the active roster is CB Donnie Fletcher, signed for the second time this season off the Jets’ practice squad.

Hill becomes the eighth player to go on IR in this painful Jets season, following CB Darrelle Revis, WR Santonio Holmes, LB Josh Mauga, CB Isaiah Trufant, TE Dedrick Epps, FB-TE Josh Baker and CB Royce Adams.

Wednesday Injury Reports

Going on IR, Hill is no longer on the Jets’ I-report, but 20 players were listed today for the Chargers game.

Four players did not practice. Ryan said of the availability of TE Dustin Keller (ankle) for Sunday, “I’m not real sure. I’ll lean on the trainers for that.” G Brandon Moore (hip/foot) is a DNP because “off a short week, I think we’re just giving him a day, pretty much.” WR Chaz Schilens (knee/calf) “did finish the game, so we’ll see about him.” And Ryan said he’s “concerned” with CB Aaron Berry (hamstring).

The Jets’ five limited players are all working through previous injuries: WR Braylon Edwards (hamstring), S LaRon Landry (heel), DT Sione Po‘uha (low back), LB Ricky Sapp (ankle) and LB Bryan Thomas (chest). The other 11 players were all full-go today.

The Chargers listed eight players: Did Not Practice — DT Aubrayo Franklin (knee), LB Takeo Spikes (hamstring). Limited — RB Ronnie Brown (hamstring), LB Donald Butler (groin), LB Demorrio Williams (ankle). Full — T Jeromey Clary (knee), G Tyronne Green (hamstring), WR Eddie Royal (hamstring).

Tags: , , , , , ,

55 Responses to “Hill’s Rookie Roller-Coaster Lands Him on IR”

1. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I feel for Hill but otherwise it’s no biggie. He’s got plenty of time and we’re long overdue to take WR much more seriously than we ever have since the Walker/Gaffney/Toon days. We need to do what OAK did when they picked Heyward-Bey but also kept drafting other promising WRs to keep the heat on the big pick, guys like Louis Murphy, Denarius Moore, and a guy named Chaz Schilens who hasn’t quite worked out yet. I love that post on the story before this about how many pts the Pats have scored in their last 4 games, and that Lombardi piece the other day honed in on the biggest pt of all — we’re NEVER overtaking the Pats until we get into their league on O. Rex just wasn’t football-smart enough to get that and now it’s too late — for him.

2. By bill on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

I have no comment on Hill other than he’s been a huge disappointment, as has the entire season.

What I want to talk about is why Rex didn’t even dress McElroy for the Titans game. He clearly is a better option than Tebow, who is not an NFL caliber QB. And Sanchez has been slumping badly. All McElroy did was win the Arizona game in one half of football, after getting what was probably next to zero practice work.

How he can go into the Titans game with McElroy not even dressed to me is a fireable offense. I like Rex but that was the single most bone headed decision he’s ever made. Sanchez should just be waived or traded to Arizona for a 6th rounder if they’ll bite. They might be desperate enough.

– Disgusted Jets fan. What else is new?

3. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, I gotta get back to some serious work for a few days after reveling in the beginnings of such long-overdue change at this sorry franchise. But if you have a minute, tell me who you see as some of the top WR prospects in this yr’s draft. We’ll never sign them with any more talk of “Mark’s the starter,” of course, but from the way Rex is talking it looks like we might’ve finally turned the corner on THAT jive…

4. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Best news of the yr (from Cimini) — “The Jets will explore all options with Sanchez, including a trade, and the team plans to part ways with Tebow after the season, league sources said Wednesday” — not that those of us living on Planet Earth didn’t see this coming. Most obvious move is MS to SEA for Flynn and the teams work out the $, but I don’t think Woody’s up for a 2013 bout between 2 green QBs like Flynn and Mc. Sad to say, more likely Woody goes for 33-yr-old Vick as a stopgap starter, especially if he keeps Rex. Vick’s exactly the kind of troubled, overrated, inconsistent player that Rex can hype to death. Still another reason the real change starts with firing Rex and his entire staff — after losing Mr T for a real GM, of course.

5. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I hope this Sanchez/Tebow debacle is a lesson for those who swallow the conventional wisdom about deals, contracts, “Woody loves Rex,” and all that nonsense. Deals are made to be broken, the minute you’re hired you know there’s a day you’ll be fired. Successful people accept this, losers waste time denying it. What I’ll bet happened Monday night is Woody told Mr T he never wants to see Sanchez as a Jet again, then told Rex to find out ASAP if McElroy’s got anything. And I’m sure Woody said this while letting those guys know they could be gone in 2013 too if they don’t execute well now. Like Romney said about “I like firing people…” (He actually said firing people who provide lousy services and boy, does that ever describe Mr T and Rex!)

6. By IRA on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Too bad about Hill but i expected IR was coming. While he has a lot of raw talent and might turn into a good WR this was a move that was one of the biggest mistakes they made in the offseason. More so than Tebow. They couldn’t expect a rookie WR who caught ahout 35 or so passes in his college career to step in and start as the #2. They had to have a veteran like Edwards as the #2 and slowly develop and work in Hill. And they trade up to the 11th spot in the 2nd rd to get him. They could’ve stayed at 15 and picked Z. Brown who destroyed the Jets Monday night.
    Hope Edwards stays with the team to help groom Hill next year. Can’t make the same mistake twice.

7. By kw65fan on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Hill better come back next season in tip-top shape…go to a ‘Jerry Rice’ football camp and learn to catch a football. He better have that pigskin in his arms 24 hours a day.

One thing I’m concerned about with Mac…and I hope he plays fantastic these next two games…but like Flynn from Packers last year, some team would be really interested and the great braintrust we have will trade him and we will be stuck with Sanchize as a starter because of his salary implications. I hope Mac plays great and we DO give him a chance next year to battle it out and as he gets stronger in the off season. But I can just see it in the back of my mind what these bungleheads in the FO would do.

8. By Jersey Rich on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

With a full training camp, and hopefully a new QB – Hill should do good next year. I am actually excited about the upcoming game with McElroy. I hope our TE Haden is also given an opportunity in these last games.

9. By russ on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Merry Christmas to you Randy and thank you again from all of us to allow our inane comments on our collective frustrations during this horrible football season…taken in perspective the Jets are very insignificant compared to what happenned during “Sandy” and to the poor souls who must make a life after the horror of Sandy Hook shootings…

10. By Randy Lange on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Russ, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and all the fans who come to the Radar.

11. By GaryC on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Now where talking about bringing in Vick,why not,the jets are used to bringing in Washed up quarterbacks and this guy has other baggage I won’t mention because it would get X’ED OUT.I want to hear from the fans who say you need a tall quarterback and this guy is 5’11 at best and is also a turnover machine.Rex is now saying he is excited about Antonio Allen after he has cut him a couple of times already,Tebow’s career as a jet is over,and we sure got a lot out of those two picks we gave for him.

12. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

We better not end up with micheal vick as QB …That is trully one of the WORST options available …obviously ….Those rumors hopefully are not true

13. By AZ JET Fan on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I wish there was a way for Bill Parcells to be part of this orginazation. He could get it turned around.

14. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

“If the Jets are successful in trading Sanchez, they’re going to be aggressively pursuing a starting QB. On the list besides Vick: Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Jason Campbell or taking a QB in April in a weak draft.” The same options that came up last yr at this time, and in fact most of the same names. See what happens when you avoid action rather than acting proactively? This was one of the most wasted yrs in Jet history and it could be seen coming at least as early as the PIT playoff loss, maybe as early as the BAL loss during that season. Oh well, at least Rex’s talk of “younger players getting opportunities,” which shoulda started 3 or 4 games ago, shows that THE HOUSECLEANING IS ON! Hopefully he’s the first gone!

15. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Let’s see if Rex is still around to get excited about anybody, GaryC, I have a feeling he won’t be. As for his newfound appreciation for Allen, that’s Rex, a guy makes one play of a kind that he understands and suddenly he’s…let’s say, who would Rex say he is?…someone from at least 40 yrs ago, for sure…okay, Johnny Robinson or Larry Wilson! Actually, I like both Allen and Bush but as I’ve already said above, these guys shoulda been playing a lot more in this — and you heard me call it this several times — REBUILDING YR! Landry can talk all he wants about multi-yr deals, I don’t care if both him and Bell are gone. This team isn’t gonna be in it for at least a few yrs and anybody who thinks they are, even with a new QB, is dreaming.

16. By Stevesc on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

If the Jets end up signing Michael Vick, I will officially resign from being a New York Jet as I have been for over 45 years. I wouldn’t put it past them though.

17. By TIM on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

1. Message to WOODY JOHNSON.

2. Please JETS…(NO VICK)!!!

18. By since shea on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

If they bring in Vick for QB, I will definitely stop my psl payments and give up being a season ticket holder after more years than I would like to remember. Woody, step aside and hire a football man to call all the shots including who should be GM, HC, OC, QB etc. Losing is one thing, being embarrassed by dysfunctional management is something entirely different. Someone needs to come in and restore some element of pride and passion in being a Jet fan again.

19. By THUNDER LIPS on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

let’s face it fellas … time to rebuild. establish your core vetrans (harris, revis/cro, mangold, debrick) and the cut out the fat (pace, scott, etc). don’t try to salvage, start over WITH THE DRAFT. Trade trade trade for draft picks and in hte draft take tTHE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE. no position hunitng and ridiculous attempts at projects like Hill DUcasse and Gholston.

who knows what we do with the chize. maybe woody should bring Romney in to fix it.

20. By since shea on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

AZ, careful what you wish for. Parcells is the godfather of Mr T and Sparano. I would bet that it was Parcells who called in a marker from Mr T to get sparano off the unemployment line and give him the OC job. You are right to want a football man to call the shots. I fully agree. Who is our “Elway” ala Denver’s man in charge?

21. By Tom Spicer on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Tom 64, That is the thing the Jets dont need to worry about D they have a good one even without there best player (Revis) & we are getting him back this year. This whole off season free agency & the draft the TOTAL focus has to be on O. We do not need to get a WR we will get Holmes back next year. Kerley showed promise this year. We need to sign Keller to a resonable deal & lastly THE JETS need to suck it up sign Braylon he is 29 NOT 35 in 1 game & 2 practices he showed us that he is the best we got. We could get him back for the veteran minmum. BAM YOUR DONE AT WR! For next to nothing. The needs are in this order QB, RB & RT. Unless the Jets think there is a guy who they are going to say is a 10 sack guy WE DONT NEED HIM!

22. By Tom Spicer on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

The Jet O is so bad if the Jets select a defensive player I am going to throw my TV out the window!

23. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

These last few days have been the most (only) fun days of the season. Suddenly everyone is talking about the future, about the young players, about their auditions for next yr. As if having entered the Bizarro World, Rex suddenly won’t make any predictions about who’ll be back next yr, won’t ridiculously over-praise “Mark” or “Tim,” won’t waste a whole press conference making absurdly outsized claims for Pouha, Thomas, Scott, or other guys who shouldn’t have been given the moon by Mr T. In fact, Rex basically won’t say anything but “My mind is on this Sunday’s game.” HEY, EARTH TO REX: THIS IS THE WAY A REAL HEAD COACH BEHAVES ALL THE TIME! Focuses on the game, focuses on winning, and looks to stop running his mouth and get back to work.

24. By kw65fan on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

NO VICK…plain and simple…

25. By the former ron alexander now Ronbo19 on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

RANDY, I would like to echo Russ’s sentiment by thanking you again for helping me express my frustrations with the current situation,and my hope for the future of the entire organization. I wish you and yours as well as the entire gang here on Randy’s radar a very happy Holiday season!
    P.S, to all my fellow knuckleheads out there who are hopeing for a return of Bill Parcells, Al Toon,Weeb Eubank or any other former player,coach or even ball boys, can I just say STOP! ITS TIME TO MOVE ON GUYS!!!!!!

26. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

AZ JET …You said it ….Bill Parcells …The only one that could turn this mess around …

27. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Bring in micheal vick , and jemarcus russell too …Great ideas , NOT, you’re FIRED …

28. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

The entire Jets staff should expect their dismissel ….shortly ..

29. By Karan on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I hope Mark gets traded to a team where he’ll be respected and where he can improve as a QB and prove this franchise wrong ultimetly. This mess of a team and their management has completely screwed things up for what could have been a bright young future here. His records in 2009 and 2010 were great and instead of building on that, they completely deteriorated the roster around him and this is where we are today. Reports confirm Sanchez is getting traded next season, if anyone who should lose a job now, it should be that poor excuse of a general manager. Sanchez messed up a lot too, don’t get me wrong, his turnovers were ridicolous but whos really to blame for the failure of this team the last two seasons?? Mike Tannenbaum and Woody Johnson

30. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

The Jets should just lose out the rest ,.. and go for draft picks ..

31. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Norv Turner is the worst coach in the NFL in my opinion . So I give the jets a 50 / 50 shot of losing this game against the Chargers ..

32. By scjoe on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I think it was generous of you Randy to call Hill’s season a roller coaster, because after that first game vs Buffalo that roller coaster did nothing but fall. GaryC, here is my opinion on Michael Vick as a NY Jet….I have been through all of the ups and downs (mostly downs) with this team since day #1. If Vick is the next QB I officially turn in my home and away #12s and 72s for good! Or at least until he is no longer on the team. For what it’s worth!

33. By SCfromNY on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

I have said before that unless a miracle happens 2013 will be a rebuilding season. However this was suppossed to be a rebuilding season for the Colts gutted more than any team in my recollection. Going to the SB is always the goal but how about some good honest football? The last 4 years have been worse for the Lions, Bucs, Redskins,and Raiders than the Jets. BUT we did see some entertaining games. They understand this an offensive league and you need to score points. The bottom line is winning but only 1 team can hoist the SB trophy. For those that do not win we need competive and entertaining games. After all it is a game.Let’s have some fun and cut the bull next year.

34. By scjoe on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

kw65fan makes an interesting point about McElroy playing well these last two games and being exposed to the rest of the league. With that said, I would like to ask Randy what the status of McElroy’s contract is? How long is he under contract? One other sidebar, I am not sure we will get to see McElroy air it out, I still believe we will get a heavy dose of ground and punt resulting in a 10-6 win or loss.

35. By Byrdman on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

To me Hill is right out of the Jets Handbook “Examples of what NOT to do in the NFL Draft” Mediocre teams like this make ill advised trades to move up and reach for players they likely could have had much lower on the board. Nowhere outside of the Jets Florham Park headquarters was Mark Sanchez a #5 pick. Hill was pegged as a “developmental player” based upon his limited numbers at GT. Nobody had Shonne Greene ranked like a feature RB. The Jet scouting dept needs help. Watch Woody over the next few months, in full blown panic mode, terrified that the Jets will still be a laughingstock when the 2014 SB comes to town – I’m predicting some huge block-buster trades and draft deals in a desperate attempt to whip our Jets into a contender :D

36. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for BIG Changes on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Karan, that’s part of the problem, I think, you’re not analyzing either the live game, the tape, or the data correctly. Only by the most generous definition can Sanchez’s 1st 2 yrs be called anything close to “great.” He made all kinds of mistakes that should’ve been out of his system earlier, blew big games both in the season and post, and the entire O had to be dumbed down to his limits. Even his “comeback wins” were necessitated by his constant slow starts. Watch some elite QBs, young or old, and see what “great” really means. Byrdman, your lines about Woody going into panic mode over the 2014 SB on our turf gives me chills, I think there’s at least a 50-50 chance of something like that happening. And about a 10-90 chance of it working.

37. By GaryC on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

We already had Roger Vick,one Vick was enough.

38. By Bennett got Karan angry on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

GARY C… amen to the Vick post

39. By GaryC on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Seeing the posters,it looks unanimous that no one want’s Vick here,maybe some of us need to submit resumes for positions in the jet front office.

40. By TONY GARCIA on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

JET FAN since 1969, THIS season could havebeen different if we would have made QB change prior to TEXAN game.I do not mean TEBOW,referring to McElroy.

41. By kw65fan on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe..I believe he has two more years on his contract. My concern is that other teams needing a QB come a knocking swaying Jets for a trade. Sure, draft picks would be nice but hate to see him go and develop into a really good QB. Like i said, knowing our braintrust (if ‘T’ is still here) they would jump at the trade.

42. By scjoe on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

40 year fan, I agree with you on Norv Turner as a HC. However, he is one heck of an OC that I would love to see in NY in 2013.Only thing missing is a quality QB and a quality QB coach.

43. By since shea on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Ha! Hey 40 yr fan John, you are right. Norv Turner is the worst coach in the NFL. Not only do you give us a 50-50 chance of losing to him, but knowing our FO genius braintrust, HE MIGHT BE OUR NEXT HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!

44. By SCfromNY on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

I like Hill’s potential, however “potential” means he is not doing it yet.Rice did not light up the field his first year. This NOT a comparrison to Rice or Megathron. A few players like Rice or the “real” LT are once in a lifetime. Hill has the tools. I think if he has a good work ethic and QUALITY coaching his upside is tremendoes. He will either be a steal or another Jet mistake. I keep pounding on the Jets setting their bar so low. Rex keeps talking about elite pass offenses like the Jets will never have one so let’s have the D win 13-7 games. The 49ers live by D BUT when they needed 41 pts to beat the Pats or 30’s to beat the Saints it happened. If you want a feared passing attack you need those type of players.

45. By SCfromNY on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

con’t. It starts with a philosphy that you want to score maximuim points everytime to play. Teams like the Pats, Saints, Packers, and Denver are always playing to score. The Jets have a 2nd place attitude. Halfway into the season they are trying to see who has to lose so they can get a wildcard instead of a bye. They want a great D so they do not have to score many points. This is a losing mental set. Is it easy to become a feared O? NO, but it starts with getting the right players and taking chances. Too many times it is brought up that Brady was a 6th round pick. But look at Wilson. Quality scounts can find those hidden gems. How many great WRs and RBs are undrafted FAs? Time to wake up to todays NFL. GM-Polian. HC-Gruden, and OC-Turner.

46. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Seeing the Rays of the New Rising Sun on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

SCfromNY, your pts about the current Jet regime’s Fear of Scoring and Praying for Other Teams to Lose are worthy of a Pulitzer Prize.

47. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Since Shea -, Norv Turner , our QB will be micheal vick , and we got obama as president …It doesn’t get any worse than that …

48. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe absolutely NOT on Norv Turner …. Kubiak on the other hand is doing a great job in Texas . Any chance we could get an offer to move him to the big city would be great . And I would take Lienhart with him he was much better than Sanchez at USC ..

49. By 40 year fan , John on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

There has got to be a way to make a deal to bring a quality QB to New York …Someone like Stafford , or Matt Ryan …We could deal Sanchez and Tebow …

50. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Seeing the Rays of the New Rising Sun on Dec 21, 2012 | Reply

No really good OC is going to work under Rex, especially not with our QB situation and roster. If Rex stays, prepare for some mediocrity that he dredges up from somewhere in his past. I also don’t know why you guys think Turner is so much worse than Rex as a HC. 2 yrs ago SD had the #1 D vs both the run and the pass — and yeah, they gave up a lot of pts, especially in big games. That’s a Rex-like D performance, isn’t it? Anyway, the whole idea is to get Mr T and Rex outta here, get their awful strategies and glaring limitations a million miles away so that when the new QB, whoever he is, takes the field next August, it feels like a new era for the Jets. Personally, I can’t stand to look at either T or Rex anymore, much less listen to them.

51. By steven on Dec 22, 2012 | Reply

I would like to see Hayden Smith play in these last two games just to see what he has. He’s bigger and faster than the Patriots Gronkowski

52. By SCfromNY on Dec 22, 2012 | Reply

40 year fan: Even if somehow we had the money for a Safford or Ryan why would they even want to come here. Out of the 2 I would really like Stafford. We will have little cash or trade bait. One quality QB comes to mind. While Philip Rivers has almost as many INTs as Sanchez I feel he is a much better QB in his ability to read defenses, throw accurately, and most of all his field presense. Like I said, not an elite pickup but a player in his prime who may benefit from a change. San Diego may be so unhappy with him that they would have a reasonable request for compensation. We COULD deal Sanchez and Tebow but I think a 5th pick for Tebow is the best bet. Sanchez we would have to help with his salery to convince a desperate team, Cards???

53. By chris long time jet fan on Dec 22, 2012 | Reply

we have a good team if we had a descent qb we could have won 4 to 5 more games easily which we would be sitting at 10 and 4 with to winnable games to go…we have a qb in mcelroy and a couple releases on the defense and we are there….no surprising all the wrs get hurt trying to catch marks balls…..

54. By chris long time jet fan on Dec 22, 2012 | Reply

tebow didnt brake marks rythm he never had one….marks 26 interceptions the first year and 4 years later still the same old mark and his fumbles and batted balls….any time he takes a hard hit he done for the day….at least sunday we will look like a football team …

55. By chris long time jet fan on Dec 22, 2012 | Reply

i like rex but his stubborness with mark playing with the mark gives us the best chance….probably will be his demise …65000 brains got to be smarter than 1 brain…