• Wed., Apr. 23, 2014 8:00PM - 8:30PM EDT Live JTL Schedule Special Complete analysis on the Jets 2014 schedule, including interviews with head coach Rex Ryan, wide receiver Eric Decker and ESPN national correspondent Sal Paolantonio.
  • Sun., May. 04, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 2:00PM - 3:00PM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Draft Show Prior to 1st RD of NFL Draft
  • Thu., May. 08, 2014 6:30PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Fri., May. 09, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sat., May. 10, 2014 12:00AM - 12:30AM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation Draft Show

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., May. 18, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 01, 2014 7:00PM - 7:30PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

• Sun., Jun. 08, 2014 7:30PM - 8:00PM EDT Live SNY's Jets Nation

An inside look at Jets players, coaches and team personnel

Landry Pleased to Get the Pro Bowl Call

Posted by jlholt32 on December 27, 2012 – 6:00 pm

LaRon Landry’s phone rang Wednesday afternoon and the person trying to reach him was Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

“At first I didn’t answer,” Landry told newyorkjets.com. “I was like, the GM called me, so I’m trying to figure out what the hell is wrong or what kind of insight he was trying to tell me.”

Landry would return Tannenbaum’s call once he made it home from practice and was relieved to know that he wasn’t in trouble.

“I’m contemplating the whole time, like, ‘What’s going on?’ ” Landry said. “But when I got home, I heard the news and it definitely was an honor.”

The news Tannenbaum passed along to No. 30 for the Green & White was that the sixth-year pro and first-year Jet had been selected to his first Pro Bowl. Landry joins CB Antonio Cromartie as Jets reserves on the AFC roster. The game will be played Jan. 27 in Honolulu.

“It’s definitely a bittersweet kind of situation,” Landry said. “Just to have the season we’ve been having, I just wish we could have made it to the playoffs, probably made it to the championship, and I’m sorry I couldn’t contribute to get into the playoffs. It’s sweet because it’s a goal that I’ve always been looking forward to getting, being six years into it.”

Landry was the sixth overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft and spent his first five years in the league with Washington. However, his final two seasons with the Redskins he played only a combined 15 games due to his heel injury. The Jets were aware of the injury when they signed him in March and have made sure he sits out of practice one day each week. The strategy has worked to perfection as the 6”0’, 220-pounder has played at a high level while not missing a game in 2012.

“It holds a lot of weight,” Landry said of being voted into his first Pro Bowl, “and it’s very valuable to my emotions because I was coming off a two-year injury.”

Fellow safety Eric Smith said he knew when Landry first arrived in Florham Park that he had the potential to make this year’s Pro Bowl roster, adding that he’s enjoyed his time as Landry’s teammate this season.

“He’s laid-back and has a good time,” Smith said, “but when it comes gameday, he’s focused.”

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine felt Landry was well-deserving of the recognition.

“I think LaRon really came on late in the year,” Pettine said, “when things started to click as far as the mental part of it and he was getting on the same page as everybody else.”

There wasn’t a particular moment this season when Landry said he realized he had a shot at making the Pro Bowl. He said he was only trying to be victorious with his teammates.

“It’s all about winning ballgames,” he said.

Heading into the Jets’ final game Sunday at Buffalo, the former LSU Tiger has produced four forced fumbles, two interceptions and one touchdown return. His Pro Bowl selection makes him the first Green & White safety to make the game since Erik McMillan did it 23 years ago.

“I’m just happy the way I got it with the Jets, coming off IR two years in a row,” Landry said. “It’s definitely a great accomplishment and it means a lot to me to be voted on by my peers of the NFL, coaches, and my fans.”

Landry has never previously visited Hawaii but has been told it’s a beautiful place. He’s glad he’ll be making the trip alongside Cromartie, his teammate in the secondary, and anticipates the experience to be one he’ll hold onto for a long time.

“It was definitely a goal,” he said, “and I didn’t do it alone. This organization as a whole, training staff, everybody within this organization helped me make it.”

Thursday Injury Report\

Greg McElroy’s concussion situation is detailed in our news story on head coach Rex Ryan’s decision to sit McElroy and start Mark Sanchez on Sunday at Buffalo. The good concussion news is that two Jets with head injuries, DE Muhammad Wilkerson and CB Ellis Lankster, have been passing their tests and both were limited in today’s practice. Also limited was WR Braylon Edwards, who didn’t practice Wednesday due to a hamstring/knee flareup.

Besides McElroy, KR-RB Joe McKnight (ankle/illness) didn’t participate in practice, nor did S LaRon Landry (heel), LB Bryan Thomas (chest), WR Chaz Schilens (knee), TE Dustin Keller (ankle) and CB Aaron Berry (hamstring). Berry late today was placed on injured reserve. All 15 other Jets on the injury report were full-go.

The Bills’ injury list, and in particular their “limited” section, grew today. Three DNPs from Wednesday all were limited — S Jairus Byrd (ankle), G Andy Levitre (knee) and DT Kyle Williams (ankle). Two other players were added to the list as limited in CB Justin Rogers (foot) and LB Chris White (hamstring).

Tags: , , , , , ,
Posted in John Holt | 56 Comments »

56 Responses to “Landry Pleased to Get the Pro Bowl Call”

1. By scjoe on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to Laundry, not so much for the NY Jets, I can see that asking price just went up by a couple Mil a year. Love to see him back, but I think it will be tough. Should have gave him at least a two year incentive loaded deal. Then again, that would have made to much sense for this FO.

2. By Bennett on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Many in the league felt Landry could not bounce back after what is considered a serioius, even career ending injury. I was against the deal because I felt the same way. He proved me wrong. Now will we be able to sign him ? He was making serious money. I just hope that someone other than T-baum will make this decsion. T-baum has done enought damage to this team and I have no faith in his judgement on any thing. Leave it to him to let walk one of the few bright spots in what has been a horrendous season. Anyway Landry might not even want to return to this team. Could you really blame him ?

3. By Karan on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Hope Landry is re-signed. One of the few bright spots this season.

4. By Karan on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

I think Special Teams does something special for Mike Westoff. Wasn’t the best season for ST Mike but we appreciate all you’ve done for the Jets in the past and present! Hope McKnight scores a TD on s return!

5. By Bennett on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Listening to this radio sports show and the personality, sports guy, anchor, host what ever you call him called the Jets a laughing stock. I can read it here all day long and it doesn’t bother me but to hear it on the air for some reason bugged me. Than this radio thing said that the Jets had however done a “good” job in the free agent market and had beeen “aggresive “. I got a good laugh over that so I didn’t feel so bad because he is obviously a complete ignorant idiot that like so many others is paid to pontificate on something he hasn;t got the intelligance or desire to really understand and glibly reports some rubbish he heard as if it was his own opinion,

6. By kw65fan on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

They better sign him. For once we have a feared defender in the secondary. Feared you say…the way he hits…haven’t had one like him since Jim Hudson roamed the secondary for the jets. Hud was a big hitter. Hope the new GM see’s the sense that Landry…(not Laundry scjoe, unless your doing the wash right now).
    For once we sign someone like him and Bell off the scrap heap and they play fantastic for us this year.

Congrats LaRon…after the freezing cold in Buffalo…hawaii will be nice time off…andremeber, they don’t “HIT” in the pro-bowl…

7. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for REAL Changes on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Frankly, scjoe, I won’t cry too many tears if we can’t re-sign Landry or just about anyone else. Until a new GM is in and takes complete charge of personnel; hires a new HC who isn’t living in the prehistoric ages of pro football; drafts or trades for an elite QB or elite QB prospect that we can count on for at least 4-5 yrs; dumps at least 1/3 of the current roster; and changes the culture of the New York Nyets from “No, don’t throw long or return a punt, there might be a turnover and then we’ll lose 13-10 because we can’t score 2 TDs in a game” to “Beat everyone as badly as you can so you can take the starters out every week in the 4th qtr,” none of this other two-bit, penny-ante jive is even worth discussing, much less sweating..

8. By Byrdman on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe – yeah I like the way Landry plays the game, thanks to our “Cap Guru” I look forward to watching him land those textbook hits somewhere else next year. This has been the most depressing season I can remember. I’ve never been ashamed to wear Jet gear before, even during the Kotite era. This week I donated some Jet jerseys, coats and winter hats to the Goodwill store.
    Hope we get some good news – something to hope for in 2013

9. By MIKE on Dec 27, 2012 | Reply

Dear Santa.
    Please fir Mr.T and Rex.
    Bring back Bill Parcells no matter what the cost. With that Parcells would restructure Sanchez deal. Parcells will shift the organization dumping contracts, and trading high priced players (Revis, Holmes, Sanchez, Holmes, Keller) for picks. Dump Scott, Thomas, Pace, Moore, Bell.

Rebuild organization through smart drafting and free agent signings. He wouldn’t sign guys like Wallace, Bowe, Flynn, He would draft solid smart players and rebuild o line and d line.

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for This to Get Interesting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Yeah, this is the guy who heads the O on the team we’re gonna overtake armed with Rex and Sparano’s ideas on O, “ground and pound,” and QBs like “Mark.” From ESPN’s Walker: “What has been most impressive about Brady this year is that he runs a high-tempo offense that is mentally and physically taxing. The Patriots took a page from the Oregon Ducks on how to speed up the offense, and Brady has made it look easy. The Patriots lead the NFL in scoring and total offense. As long as Brady, 35, can take the hits, there’s no reason to think he cannot play at a high level for several more years.” One of the many reasons I can’t wait for it to get interesting next Monday…

11. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for This to Get Interesting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

From Cimini: “Ryan, who has 2 yrs and about $6 mil remaining on his contract, appears safe. Johnson is fond of him and apparently wants to give him another chance to right the franchise, which reached the cusp of the Super Bowl in 2009 and 2010. Tannenbaum isn’t on solid ground. The Jets are exploring the possibility of hiring a GM who would agree to keep Ryan for at least 1 season, according to league sources. Obviously, that would limit the pool of candidates.” The piece goes on to list Clinkscales, Cameron, and Kokinis as candidates for jobs, all of which amount to HALFWAY MEASURES! Like MJV or Spicer (can’t remember which) told Karan, don’t blame me when such weak moves only get us to 8-8 or 9-7 and a playoff loss. I say this because…

12. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for This to Get Interesting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

(halfway measures, cont.)…because as Lombardi — who’s light yrs ahead of anyone in Florham Park, much less Woody — said, the Jets have to stop thinking they’re “close.” Rex isn’t going to “right the franchise” in a yr or 3. He doesn’t have the skills and mindset to do so. He doesn’t command respect from players in the way a HC needs to do so. They love him — so we’re told — but they’re not afraid to dog it because they know there will be few if any consequences, especially if you’re one of Rex’s favorites. But most of all, our roster is so weak on so many important levels — starting with Joe’s favorite, the QB — that it’s sheer folly to think we’re gonna be in the SB at home in 2014. That kind of thinking will get us Vick at QB.

13. By since shea on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

All this talk of Rex wanting to be fired if Woody doesnt spend more on offense is plain crazy! What a circus! And what a shame if we are stuck with Sparano for two more years on the genius 3 yr deal that Tbomb gave him. I guess it goes with the extension given to MS and the 10 Mil given to Santonio. I wish we could have some stability but we are too dysfunctional. Too costly to blow it all up right now though. Probably see band aids for next year and a blowing up after that.

14. By since shea on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Oh and what became of our “pro bowl offensive line”? We kept hearing about 3 pro bowlers on the O line. That was in the past just like the sack exchange was in our past. Get Oline, RB and WR this off season. Get competant coaches to coach them. Those are the band aids that might right this ship. Broken record but why did we keep the QB coach this year even though our “star” QB had mechanical flaws in his footwork throughout the third year? Isnt that a coaches job? If the flaws dont get fixed, either the coach failed or the QB is inept. Either way, someone must go before entering the 4th year. Instead, we kept the coach and gave a big extension to the QB. Something the PATS would do?

15. By Charliejet on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

According to Manish Mehta of the daily news “Unless wholesale changes are made to the offense Rex Ryan wants to be fired by the Jets – he will not quit , but wants to be fired (NFL.com). If this is true – which I doubt, then the problems it seems lies with upper management. If this is true good for Rex. On other hand didn’t Rex say he was going to be more involved with offense? Not just sit in on meeting either. Now I am confused… anyway I always loved Landry on this team, hope we keep him. He is a “mini linebacker” out there. Smith looked his usual self chasing after those big tight ends in SD game. Keep Landry!

16. By steven on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Congrats to laundry. I guess now he won’t make it easy for the Jets to resign him. Probably a kings ransom. Better have a good draft this year

17. By SCfromNY on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Jet fan: I have been saying just what you said about the Jet’s losing culture, afraid to pour it on, and hopes for all games to have scores in the teens. I have found few that do not believe we need to gut the team and start from scratch. Kicking duo OK, ILB OK, CB OK, and DL OK add some depth. Worried about safety. I watched a program about Jimmy Johnson. Hr came in with a gutted team, traded away his best player (Walker), won 1 game and then 3 games, and then finally had a dynasty. These bandaids and backpage signings must stop. Rex would be fine as a DC with his low scoring attitude but today’s game mandates an offense capable of a high point output. You can strive to allow 10 points while scoring 40.

18. By GaryC on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Rex says McElroy wasn’t being truthful about concussion symptons,Well,with Rex’s distaste for young players McElroy is smart enough to know he might not get many chances under Rex,maybe that is why he shut up.

19. By SCfromNY on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Great job siigning Landry. I am glad he proved most naysayers wrong. Unfortunately I am concerned that we lose him and Hayden Smith to the Pats

Sign some scouts who can predict talent. Pay extra scouts for 2 years to check out ALL possible signings.

See what happens with a high output, high energy offense. BUT first sign coaches who both understand and are capable of implementing this type of offense.

20. By Tom Spicer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Greg McElroy tried to hide his concussion from the coaches and medical staff.
    McElroy suffered the brain injury in last week’s loss to the Chargers and wrestled with the decision to alert the higher-ups for days before finally doing so on Thursday morning. McElroy talked with teammates WR Clyde Gates and LG Matt Slauson before alerting head coach Rex Ryan. McElroy is probably one of the smarter players in the entire league, but he grappled with the same issue every NFL player debates throughout the season. He knew he had an opportunity to start another game, while he also knows he may never get another chance to do so again in his career. McElroy ended up doing the right thing for his long-term health

21. By Tom Spicer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Dustin Keller “100 percent does not want” to be franchise tagged in the offseason.
    “I signed a five-year deal, that’s what I agreed to. To make somebody play a one-year deal to something they never agreed to is crazy to me,” Keller said. “It’s not legal in any other business, so it’s still, it’s just crazy to me. So no, I definitely don’t want to be franchised.” Keller has played in just eight games this season, posting 317 yards and two touchdowns on 28 catches. The franchise tag figure for a tight end this upcoming offseason is $5.962 million

22. By Tom Spicer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

According to the New York Daily News, Jets head coach Rex Ryan has made it known that he would be better off getting fired if the team isn’t willing to upgrade the offense. Manish Mehta of the Daily News says it’s unlikely that owner Woody Johnson would fire Ryan with two years and $6 million left on his contract, but the head coach has also been given no assurances on his job security three days before the season comes to a close. “If Woody’s not willing to do what it takes to fix the team, then [Ryan] knows he’s better off being fired,” a team source said. “If Woody is willing to eat some money and spend to get us out of this mess, then it’s worth staying.” The first “fix” would be to replace inept Tony Sparano as offensive coordinator a

23. By Tom Spicer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

and get a more established mind on that side of the ball as Rex handles the defense. Ryan has obviously contributed to the mess in New York, but GM Mike Tannenbaum’s horrible personnel and financial decisions at quarterback and on offense have sunk the franchise. “[Ryan] won’t quit,” a team official said.

24. By Tom Spicer on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

SCJoe & Bennett, Do you remember in the offseason when they signed Landry & I was saying what a good siging it was & I said he would be at least a top 4 player on our D? I think both of you ripped into me about how bad it was.

25. By GaryC on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Rex wants to go,great,Time to call back the Mangenius,and Rex take the golden oldies with you,Scott,Thomas,Pace,Moore,Edwards,Pouha.

26. By Frank on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Sure Rex wants to be fired he wants his 6 mil and you gotta believe with his bizarre handling of the QB position the last several weeks he is trying to do exactly that!
    They are floating Kokinis and raven personnel guy now he is the guy I recommended a few years back when Mangini brought him to the Browns. Unfortunately for him he lasted only one year with Mangini when the browns decided to bring in Holmgren.
    Eric DeCosta is the guy if Woody is serious about rebuilding the franchise he needs a guy like him to be the GM. He is responsible for bringing to the Ravens many of their top players. We need to build a team and franchise through the draft and he is the guy to do it.

27. By kw65fan on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

LANDRY…HIS NAME IS LANDRY….Hate all these mis-spellings…Randy, you need a spell check. between Steven and scjoe…they must be in the middle of doing there own LAUNDRY….Geez…

28. By Randy Lange on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

kw65fan, I’m not the one who needs the spell check. All commenters should be aware, but if they’re not I’ll mention it again, I don’t edit comments, so make sure your comment reads the way you want it to before sending it along.

29. By Russell on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m not sure where to start my comments so I guess I’ll start at the top. Is Owner Woody Johnson more interested in running a football organization and trying to win a Super Bowl or is he more interested in helping out the Republican Party regain power that it lost in the last election. If I were Woody, trying to win a Super Bowl, then Mike Tannenbaum has to be relieved of his duties as the general manager. He can remain as a salary cap specialist, but he can’t draft any more players. As far as Head Coach Rex Ryan goes, you created the mess, you clean it up. You have two years to do so. Give him and Sparano more input on the drafting of offensive players. The formula for this organization should be as follows, (To Be Continued)

30. By scjoe on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

People, please! Enough about “rebuilding” that term is thrown around to loosely! Every team rebuilds EVERY year to an extent. So, you can call it “rebuilding” I call it tweaking the roster. Consider the draft, free agency, contract expirations, injuries, cuts, releases and retirements, it all equates to “rebuilding” History has certainly proved to us that a team can “rebuild” in just one off season, examples? Washington, Indy, Cinn, and to a lesser extent Seattle. They started with a “quality” QB and in most cases not much more. What this team needs in order to compete in 2013 is 1- A decent to quality QB, 2- ditto at RB and 3- an OLB who can actually apply some pressure. You can call THAT rebuilding, I don’t, under the circumstances above.

31. By Russell on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

(Continued) play great defense and special teams, run the football effectively and use play action passing. The Run Defense needs to be upgraded, Special Teams, I don’t know what happened, I hope the new Special Teams Coach fixes things and offensively, RUN the Damn Ball, get another back to complement Greene and Powell. Put some stickem on McKnight’s fingers. No more big name free agent signings. It creates too many distractions and then the free agents usually fail to produce. We all know that Sanchez is going to be the QB next season. 8.25 million reasons and a big salary cap hit. Lets hope he matures, gets mentally tough and spends more time in both the film room and on practice field than at the night clubs with the young ladies

32. By scjoe on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

To continue, let’s look at the Denver Broncos and their HC John Fox, was he an “elite” HC in Carolina where he was fired? How is he doing now with Peyton Manning as his QB? Again, not to beat a dead horse, look at Indy WITH Peyton, then, look at Indy WITHOUT Peyton. More? Look at Indy WITHOUT Luck, now, look at Indy with Luck. Ditto that in Washington, Cincinnati and Seattle, maybe even in Miami. See a common denominator? Did they all completely “rebuild” or did they all go out and get one or two single players at one or two single positions to turn their franchises around. It CAN be done, question is CAN it be done here

33. By Karan on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

If Mark comes back, hope they re-structure his contract for less money. It would allow guys like Landry and others to be re-signed. I hope we sign a talent drafting or someonefrom Houstan. They’re team and drafting just click.

34. By Byrdman on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I’m going to sit behind the GM’s desk for a minute… Clearly Rex is learning on the job, he needs a state of the art OC to manage everything related to Offense. I’d make an offer to Chip Kelly (Oregon) It’s a huge step up from college to NFL head coach as many have tried and failed, coming to the Jets under the OC job description might be the next logical career progression for Kelly. Give the man a majority vote concerning OFFENSE decisions (draft, FA, his staff) and total control of the game plan and starting QB. If Kelly turns the offer down, I’m going after the 4 or 5 best OC’s with a track record of developing SB caliber QB’s and for fielding an NFL team with a dangerous, high scoring offense.

35. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for This to Get Interesting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Don’t quite know what to make of this Mehta story on Rex. On the one hand, he’s been too awful on O for me to believe he’d ever make such a demand. On the other, he certainly may be close to getting fired, so the best defense is a good offense (no pun intended). But since Rex is the NFL poster boy for Shakespeare’s “He doth protest too much” notion, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mehta story is 100% true. Rex is the guy, after all, who told us with a straight face time and time again that “Mark” was elite, that he “gave us the best chance to win,” etc. Anyway, the really good news for today is this from Cimini: “Lisa Zimmerman of CBS Sports.com reports the New York Jets will relieve general manager Mike Tannenbaum of his duties on Monday.”

36. By Another Tom on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Fire Rex, Fire Mike T, dump Sanchez, trade Revis and Holmes, Re-sign Landry, Greene and Devito ( tough guys ) ,Rebuild the O Line and draft a Von Miller type LB….gotta start somewhere

37. By Byrdman on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

See a few posts here asking for Parcells to return to Jets in some capacity. Anything more than a phone call or 2 to discuss potential GM’s would be a mistake IMHO. I liked the Tuna and have great respect for what he accomplished (BUT in caps) a little historical perspective is needed here. BP is sort of a mercenary, he comes in and wipes out any stench of a previous coaching regimes mistakes then brings in his “Boys” He’s the perfect guy to quickly evaluate the needs of a 2-14 team and plug a few holes with dependable veterans and get a team to the playoffs. Then he leaves a scorched earth in his wake, when he decides to move on. Jets have never fully recovered after Tuna (appointed) Bellichick >>>

38. By Byrdman on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

>>> to be his successor only to watch BB promptly BOLT to NE and a much brighter future. Bellichick isn’t stupid, he had no desire to follow the Tuna “legend” he wanted autonomy in drafting his own players and he was astute enough to see that Tuna had left the cupboard bare. By all accounts, Parcells arrogantly figured BB would obediently accept the Jets position, and neglected the common courtesy of ASKING the man what he intended to do. We all know what happened next! You could actually make the case that Parcells sabotaged the Jets somewhat – You like T-Bomb? Thank Bill Parcells for him, that was his recommendation too ! Woody – Just say NO to any more help from Tuna!

39. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for This to Get Interesting on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

SCfromNY, I see you arguing for a total change in the Jet culture, good for you! Arte just emailed me that Damien Woody just tweeted that “the mess in Florham Park” isn’t worth tweeting about but for us fans, it’s just getting interesting. Rex knows that an even worse yr next yr with no O lowers his stock as a HC, so he might well be pulling out the stops now. Yet all of the good GM candidates are going to want to hire their own HC, as Lombardi said today, and certainly their own new QB. So like I’ve been saying all wk, it all comes down to how upset Woody JOHNSON is and how fast his learning curve is. He can either make cosmetic changes and keep his team a joke or make the much-needed big changes that Another Tom lists in his post above.

40. By GaryC on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Clinkscales coming back,say it ain’t so,He is one of the reasons we are in this position.Talk about repeating a mistake,this team never learns.

41. By scjoe on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

kw65, sory, ddn’t knoe, spellen conuted!

42. By scjoe on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Spicer, if you remember what I said back in pre season, you would also remember me saying the only concern I have with Landry is the reoccurring injury issue he has.

43. By GaryC on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe,Fox got to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme,that sounds like a pretty good coaching job to me,and a Vinateri field goal preventing him from winning it,maybe.Fox is underrated,better then a lot of coaches out there.

44. By GaryC on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

I think Belichek,Parcells and Tanny all got together to sabotage the jets for the betterment of New England.Can Tanny really be this bad in making draft selections.

45. By since shea on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Bravo Byrdman! You are the only one to agree that Parcells would be a huge mistake to come here now. His boys are T Bomb and Sparano and he leaves more trouble behind than what he was worth. We need to get outside the box with decision makers. Not sure how they will fix 2013 without a top notch QB. Thats why I say get O line, WR and RB now. Not since Joe Willie did we have a real franchise QB who made a difference. Yes SCJoe, like RG3, Luck, Russell Wilson. We need a smart football man to get us a real QB while tending to Oline, RB, WR asap.

46. By JimB on Dec 28, 2012 | Reply

Laron you’re exactly what this JETS defense is all about. You inspire the team to stay tough and always hit with cataclysmic force. Can’t wait to see you out there next year. GO JETS!

47. By the former ron alexander now Ronbo19 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

KW65FAN, There is kind of an unwritten rule here on RANDY”S RADAR, we dont make a big deal about spelling or grammar. We are mostly guys here(sorry Karan) and most guys(myself included) dont sweat the details. S.C.Joe is one of the best posters here and I could care less if miss spells a word or two. As long as he keeps makeing sence I will read & enjoy his posts. Most of us come here to vent or to see if there are others out there who are as passionate about this team as we are. Bye the way, I enjoy your posts as well and please dont think I’m being critical in any way.Just trying to keep it real my man!

48. By scjoe on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, so why was he fired then? Who fires “elite” HCs? And while you are selectively dissecting my comments, how about commenting on Caldwell WITH Peyton and Caldwell WITHOUT Peyton, with exact same roster other then the QB position. Guess there is not to much to say about that one, right? Was he an “elite” HC with Peyton? Was he Kotite like without him? Why such a dramatic change? Somehow, judging by your ongoing debate with JOE, I get the feeling that you dismiss the idea that a “quality” or a “great” or an “elite” (take your choice) QB does not really make that much of a difference. Would that be a correct assumption?

49. By scjoe on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Fair enough KW65, personally I can care less about misspelling. I am more concerned about content. But I will say this, it would be more of an anomaly when something in my posts are misspelled, when you are talking about a persons name, e.g. Landry as opposed to Laundry, there should be some slack, after all, a misspelled persons last name in one case, may be perfectly spelled re: another person.

50. By scjoe on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Correction on my last post, it was NOT intended to go out to KW65. My bad!

51. By scjoe on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Ron, thanks for the support bud. Some people try to cover up their own shortcomings by dissecting and knit picking other peoples posts. I have no idea why that would be. If they would like to debate the issues, as I do many times with different individuals, then bring it on, but to bicker over how a persons last name is spelled is ludicrous, so I will leave it right there.

52. By GaryC on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

scjoe,you know there have been very good head coaches who have been let go,c’mon,you are better then that,what about shanahan,what about coughlin.

53. By GaryC on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

Scjoe,Caldwell to me was never,in your and Joe’s words elite,we are grasping at straws saying that,we could say he was an extension of Dungy,what about that.

54. By the former ron alexander now Ronbo19 on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

S.C.JOE, your early post here is spot on! I agree 100% Landry has already gone on record saying there will be no “hometeam ” discount. That being said I only hope he doesn’t wind up in N.E.! My take on his play this year is that he tried to make an early impression as a big hitter.He certianly accomplished that as he was an early season tackling dynamo! While he did draw a few penalty’s for his over exubberance he clearly established himself as a big time hitter! His pass coverage was avg at best as he has been burned repeatedly for long passes.Of course there will be those here who dont recognize his mistakes as many people dont understand pass coverage responceabilities.

55. By Jet Fan Since '64 Living My Nightmare on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

since shea, I’m DEFINITELY with you on Parcells, that guy has worked about as hard the last fifteen or twenty yrs as Robert DeNiro.

56. By scjoe on Dec 30, 2012 | Reply

GaryC, strongly disagree! Caldwell was never an extension of ANYBODY! The plain truth is he rode Peyton Manning all the way to the SB. I think even Rich Kotite could have done that. Once again, give me the “quality” QB over the “quality” HC every time.