• Mon., Sep. 15, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Tue., Sep. 16, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches
  • Wed., Sep. 17, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

• Wed., Sep. 17, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches
  • Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan

A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup

• Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sat., Sep. 20, 2014 3:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sat., Sep. 20, 2014 9:30 PM - 10:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan

A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup

Six Mocks, 5 Different Players Targeted for NYJ

Posted by Randy Lange on February 28, 2013 – 9:42 am

Since CBSSports.com brought NFLDraftScout.com into its fold a few years ago, the site is my pick for the Web’s best free NFL Draft content. (For semi-free, of course, ESPN is still the worldwide sports leader in many things, including the draft.) Their information on 750 draft-eligible types is accurate, voluminous and well-organized.

They also present us with a bunch of big mockers, and what I thought was interesting with this week’s set of six mock drafts is that five different players are tabbed as preferred choices for the Jets at the No. 9 spot in Round 1. Here is a summary of their early views on whom the Green & White’s should take.

LSU OLB Barkevious Mingo is the one player who got two votes this week, from Pat Kirwan — one of my favorite NFL talk-show hosts, holding forth with Tim Ryan on Sirius XM NFL Radio most afternoons — and Dane Brugler.

“The Jets don’t have any outside linebackers for their pass rush,” Kirwan states. “Mingo has a solid 40 time of 4.58.”

“The Jets have struggled to put pressure on the opponents’ backfield,” Brugler offers, “and Mingo is one of the most athletic defenders in this draft with undeniable upside.”

But Mingo is far from a majority candidate at this early stage. Clark Judge, whom I still give kudos to for his remarkable first-round mock two years ago, logically tabs Texas S Kenny Vaccaro for the deep middle, writing that “The Jets could go almost anywhere with this pick, but with both their safeties unsigned I’d start here.”

CBSSports veteran football writer Pete Prisco is in agreement not with Mingo, whom he sees going much higher, to Jacksonville at No. 2, but with the position he sees the Jets zeroing in on as he projects BYU OLB Ezekiel Ansah to them: “They can stand him up and finally have a dominant edge rusher.”

Rob Rang chimes in with a pick that he admits will take some getting used to for many Jets fans: USC QB Matt Barkley: “While it might seem unrealistic that head coach Rex Ryan would gamble on a Southern Cal passer as a potential replacement for [Mark] Sanchez, don’t be so sure. Clearly this is a team in need of better play at the position immediately and Barkley is the most pro-ready of this class. Furthermore, new general manager John Idzik might have a greater appreciation for Barkley, considering his time working with Barkley’s former head coach, Pete Carroll, in Seattle.”

Finally, Will Brinson checks in with a selection that is the same as former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum made in one of his first appearances on the NFL Network set last week: Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson, who Brinson says “is raw and doesn’t have a ton of experience playing at a high level, but his athleticism is pretty jaw-dropping.”

We’ll have our own draft coverage in the two months ahead here on NewYorkJets.com, both in written form from John Holt and myself plus others and in video from my partner Eric Allen and our all-over-it multimedia department. Let us know what you think of these picks and any others, as you’ve been doing, and stop by our home page to cast a vote in our “QBs in the Draft” poll.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

107 Responses to “Six Mocks, 5 Different Players Targeted for NYJ”

1. By ronbo on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

RANDY,As I know you actually read the stuff us knuckleheads here on Randy’s Radar you know the draft is probably my favorite part of being a fan.(yeah,I know,get a life!)What ever? Anyway, the one thing we all need to look at is all the extenuating circumstances that have come up lately regarding this draft. A lot of the players we have been campaigning for have come up with red flags.On the medical issues you have Star Lotulelei with the hart,Deon Jordan with the shoulder & Jarvis Jones with the spinal stenosis? cont.-

2. By ronbo on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

cont,- then you throw in the whole Manti Teo thing with the scandal & poor 40 time in the combine, Alex Ogletree with the DWI, Ziggy Ansah with questions about his age,level of competion and lack of game experience.B.Mingo is an enigma to most scouts as I have seen him picked as low as #20 in some moc’s? Yeah, the guy is physically impressive but what happaned to him this season? Everybody talks about Manti Teo disappearing against Bama, but what did Mingo do against them?And why did he have only 4 sac’s this season? There seems to be a lot more questions than answers in this draft.

3. By uncle joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Mingo seems like another Maybin, I don’t like that safety Vaccaro, I won’t even address the Barkley pick, Ansah won’t be there at 9 and Cordarrelle Patterson is too much of a risk for us at that high. That Warmack Guard scares me too, he is always on the floor in his Youtube Videos and looked like a slob at the Combine. TRADE THE PICK

4. By uncle joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Don’t like small receivers but, move down and grab Travon Austin in the middle of the first round. That kid id FOR REAL!!!!!

5. By uncle joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

If we get San Fran’s 1 we can maybe grab Guard Larry Warford and then maybe get that Sam Montgumerry with our 2.

6. By Allan O'Dane on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Well Here’s my Mock draft
    1st rd- DJ.Fluker OT 6-5 339lbs – Bama
    OR
    2nd rd- T.Wilson QB 6-7 225lbs – NC State (someone get this kid a hamburger)
    OR
    2nd rd- T.Bray QB 6-6 232lbs – Tenn.
    Or
    2nd rd- Z.Ertz TE 6-5 250lbs – Stamford
    3rd rd- J.Collins OLB 6-4 250lbs – S.Miss
    4th rd- M.Lattimore RB 5-11 221lbs – S.Carl.
    5th rd- C.Hamilton WR 6-2 212lbs – Ark.
    6th rd – R.Wagner OT 6-6 308lbs – Wisc.
    7th rd- B.Sharpe OLB 6-1 253lbs – Syracuse.
    *The NYJ will have to move down a spot or 2 to get Ertz.
    Lattimore maybe the steal in the draft*

7. By scjoe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I agree completely Randy on former Jets FO staff member Pat Kirwin. He and Tim Ryan are #1 over on Sirius NFL radio. I have a lot of respect for him and his opinions. All things considered, and with all the uncertainty in this years draft class Mingo would not be a bad choice. He does need to bulk up a bit, but everything else is in place. Please…no WRs or no safety’s in the first round. Ezekiel Ansah??? He could be the next JPP, OR, he could be the next Vernon Gholston. Question is, can the NY Jets, this year, afford to take that a big time gamble with the #9 over all pick? Could be a defining moment for J Idzik.

8. By scjoe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Check out the 2013 cap figures over on ESPN NY (Cimini) particularly on offense, because they tell you all you need to know about former Jets GM Mike (Millian) Tannenbaum. What a disgrace!!!! Is that allowed Randy?

9. By GaryC on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

the jets should ask for Anthony Davis when talking to niners about a deal,then draft Warmack and then any quarterback they have cannot complain about no protection,I also believe you can forget Patterson,the jets are still working on getting a raw receiver to work out,that being Hill.

10. By Allan O'Dane on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Oh and I wish everyone will stop with this over analyzing with the 40 yrd dash. I would rather have the guy with great football instincts,intelligence and football speed. These guys are running in a straight line. Only guy I want to have 4.2 speed is my WR.

11. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Mingo sounds like Gholston, Patterson sounds like Hill, and Barkley sounds like “Mark.” If this is the best we can do, call me in a few yrs.

12. By raul j on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

i think that the jets should get Dion Jordan out of of Oregon. he has the size and athleticism for DE and OLD

13. By SQUIRREL on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Coradelle Paterson … not much playing time, raw.. great athleticism. sound like someone else we know (Stephen Hill); i guess we know that Hill was was Tanny’s pick now for sure.

14. By MIKE on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

first of all i would not go qb with 1st pick nor would i go with another raw wr ie stephen hill. a pass rusher seems to be where the talent is in this draft.
    1st round pass rusher
    2nd pick offensive lineman—protection for qb a must
    3rd pick safety—protect the house
    these 3 picks should start
    you cannot fix this team in one draft
    too many questions @ qb
    in this draft.

15. By Byrdman on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

The draft landscape changed somewhat with KC acquiring Smith – this whole thing goes out the window if Jets ship Revis to 49ers.
    Mingo – with off the charts physical skills my question is… where’s all his big plays? He’s got that familiar “Looks like Tarzan, plays more like Jane” thing.
    Vaccaro – You dont take a safety at 9 unless he’s Ed Reed.
    Barkley – You don’t take a QB at 9 unless he’s Tom Brady
    Patterson – You don’t take a WR at 9 unless he’s… This kid :D
    Sitting here, looking at the big picture, 1000 things will change over the next 2 months, if Idzik lands another 1st round pick, this draft could be EPIC !

16. By Karan on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I would love for the Jets to re-sign LaRon Landry. However, just in case it doesn’t work and since the 49ers are interested in Revis, and we re-need a safety, why not trade Revis for Dashon and like ronbo said a draft pick for Revis? I like the idea but I’m not sure the 49ers will give up Goldson and a pick for Revis. Revis would make the 49ers even more dangerous even if Goldson doesn’t return. So whatever happens, we just need a win situation for us. All I’m hoping for so far after hearing the situation, I would like to have one of either Landry or Goldson be at the safety position. Obviously, having Revis back would be great, but the guy just demands too much and its getting to point where it is just flat out annoying. The Jets………

17. By Karan on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

…….still finished no.2 in pass defense without Revis. The guy is the best corner in the NFL, hands down and he deserves a big contract, but NOT the type of contract he is asking for. Its just too much, so its good Idzik was “actively” shopping for a trade at the combine. If the two sides can agree on something mutual , then awesome, because at the end of the day, Revis is Revis, what team wouldn’t want his skills on their team. But if its getting ridicolous, then move on and trade the way, just get a really good deal out of it. So far, I like Idzik, he’s gives off that vibe that he is the boss and there will be no more player freindly deals and ridicolous contracts like Tannenbaum made. You work for your keep.

18. By kleckofan on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Randy- thanks for the direction on draft info.
    I think this article just enforces the fact that we have many holes; anyone can find a guy that will help us somewhere. That being said, I think we should take the most “sure thing”; even if its not a “sexy” pick (aka O line). If Warmack is a sure bet then we should take him, we can’t afford to whiff.If after all due diligence the I-man and Company beleive one of these OLB’s will be a difference maker then take ‘em.
    I’m out on a QB at #9, not this yr. Can you imagine the new circus we’d have w two USC QB’s in camp? We’d have to hear about Sanchez’ psychoanalysis and mental state daily!
    The fact the T-Bomb would take the Tenn WR tells me he’s not our guy!

19. By Tom Spicer on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I dont like all the Jets drafting Coradelle Patterson WR (Tenn) talk. While last year with Holmes missing the season & Keller missing all or part of 10 games to me it was a lost year for him. The Jets had Kerley as there #1 WR when to me he is a good #3. I think this year with Holmes back, Kerley, hopefully we resign Keller, bring Braylon back on a 1 year deal at the veteran minimum & with Stephen Hill waiting in the wings. We are good at that spot. We need to worry about QB, OLB, RB, Guard, maybe TE & maybe Safety. All before we look at a WR we dont not need to take another project WR with the above situation I laid out would could have a good group that we could afford.

20. By kleckofan on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

After writing and posting Randy released many posts I hadn’t seen…I would agree that I think the best thing for us to do would be to trade down if possible; stockpile picks and talent, even if its not necessarily potential superstar quality.
    scjoe- the Cimini article is very interesting. Tanny has us tied up for over $32m on two positions: QB and WR, and we have little or no talent to show at either
    posiition! Astounding.
    Alan O- I like it.

21. By ronbo on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

KARAN,we dont need to trade for Goldson as he is a free agent.I like Ira’s idea to get the 49ers 1st rd. pic#31, the Chiefs #2pk-#34,plus a 3rd or 4th rd. pick as well.Not sure its gonna happan but worth a try.UNCLE JOE,great call on Tavon Austin!He reminds me alot of Percey Harvin & can be a factor out of the backfield as well as at w.r! SQUIRREL,C.Patterson has a lot of issues but he is a lot better overall w.r than S.Hill.Hill runs fast but is stiff,& not fluid.Patterson has punt&kickoff return ability and can even play some R.B in some situations. He’s not my 1st choice,but he’s a talented dude!

22. By ronbo on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

KLECKOFAN,you & I have had a lot of back & forth concerning O.L vs.OLB. Recent developments with injuries to D.Jordan plus J.Jones health issues have certianly caused my to rethink that and O.Line is certianly looking more appealing as a result.Not ready to make a final decision yet but open to it none the less.UNCLE JOE,Warmacks conditioning scares me too.BYRDMAN,I have the same concerns about Mingo as you do.He’s great in shorts!We dont play in shorts!

23. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

I like your mock draft better than any I’ve seen on any site, Allan. Lends further support to the view, often expressed here by such as GaryC, scjoe, MJV, and others, that some of us mere “fans” know more than some of these alleged “draft experts” in the sports media establishment.

24. By Byrdman on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Ziggy Ansah is flying up some mocks but…I just don’t see it. If we get some extra picks and want to gamble a little on a “freak” athlete, what do you make of this Margus Hunt? 6’8″ strong as an OX runs like a Deer, could be the next JJ Watt ?
    Allan O’Dane – I’m not sure I understand your mock draft, are you thinking of taking OT Fluker instead of a guard at #9, do you plan to pick up a FA guard?
    Tyler Wilson is actually listed at 6’2″ If you mean the NC kid Glennon, have you seen any film on him, looks incredibly awkward, Big Bird in shoulder pads:D
    Bray from Tennessee could be a sleeper, hopefully he’s there in the 3rd.

25. By Allan O'Dane on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Byrdman, Fluker would be my choice at #9 since Warmack will be gone he’s the next best lineman in my opinion. Who knows if we re-sign A.Howard?..Brick will eventually move to G once he can’t handle pass rushers anymore. B.Moore I believe has 1 or 2 more years in him..he’s been having a lot of hip issues. Thank you for the correction it was Glennon I was referring too. He’s a beanstalk, add a little weight 20-25 pounds and he won’t look so fragile. Plus he does have a cannon. This QB class is not as impressive as last years. None of these QB’s really should be taken in the 1st rnd.

26. By Allan O'Dane on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Thanks 64tom, If it were only that easy right? Lattimore in the 4th rnd. will be the hidden “gem”. I basically look at our needs..present and future. Knowing some of the #1 players will be off the board you have to choose the 1A’s and the 1B’s. All the players that I have listed I watched play..watched highlights good and bad. I saw more good. The kid from stamford Ertz he’s the TE we have been looking for, will the NYJ take him in the 2nd rnd instead of a QB? I don’t know? Like I said to Byrdman..none of these QB’s impress me. Can these guys start right now? I just don’t see it.

27. By Big D on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

If there’s a trade out there for Revis that gets us a first round pick and a few picks after that…even if they are conditional in future years (within the first 3 rounds). It has to be taken. The team already has very little money to spend and the kind of contract Revis is asking for isn’t worth the value we get in return if we trade him for some picks. Its a question of you have enough water to use on your largest plant and let the rest of the crop suffer or do you spread that water around to see potentially how big multiples of new plants can grow. I’d say stay away from Mingo, I’m all about whats on tape especially being burned with ‘workout’ and ‘potential’ superstars based off aesthetics. (see: Gholston, Duccasse)

28. By Stevesc on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Mock drafts are entertaining to say the least. The big question is will the player you target be there when it’s your turn to pick, and if not, what is plan B ? To me that situation is what makes or breaks a draft. We know what the plan was under Tbomb, trading away valuable picks to land players. I’m hoping that the Iman does not go this route. And please, no more knocking on FA’s doors begging them to play for us. IMHO.

29. By Uncle Joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Mingo IS Arron Maybin! Byrdman, that Ziggy kid is literally playing football for two years and he was without question ,by far the best player on the field at the senior bowl. He doesn’t even know what he is doing and he was unstopable.. That DE Hunt who is rising fast up the boards was on the same field as Ziggy and you didn’t even know he was there! forget these late round picks,use Revis to move up for this kid.

30. By Uncle Joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo, I’m gonna go WAY OUT ON A LIMB here and say Travon Austin will be a 5’8″ Jerry Rice. Just seems to me like a guy that will stop at NOTHING to be the best.

31. By Uncle Joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

And while we are discussing the whole draft thing, I used to totally respect Mayock’s opinion,but this year he is starting to show some Mel Kiper flashes.

32. By IRA on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

These mock drafts are a joke. Any fan can do the same with a little research. If they don’t address the OG position once free agency starts this is a no brainer if they stay with the 9th pick. Sure you usually don’t take a OG that high but Warmack is the best player in the draft and if he is still there take him and move on if not take Cooper a few picks later and move down. Jordan, Mingo, Jones the QB’s all come with question marks and are not a sure thing. They must get a starter with that first rd pick who will start from day one. Don’t see too many on the board right now except those OG’s.

33. By dougmc on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Take the gaurd or one of the tackles with 1st pick.
    If not in love with them then take best OLB, we have none.
    If they aren’t there, take WR Patterson.

2nd round Take best available at OG, OLB, TE, dending on first pick

3rd round RB

Depending on trades for Revis or not, that will make us get DB or S

Quinn, Garrard or Moore will challenge Sanchez, don’t pick a QB this year.

Love Revis, but this will be our best chance at getting value after injury and before we are forced out next year.

34. By scjoe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Spicer, agree with you on the current state of the Jets WRs what they have on the roster right now is sufficient. I would like for them to resign BE. He, along with Holmes (if healthy) Kerley, a hopefully improved S. Hill. Gates, White, even Pollard will be fine. As for Keller? I was never a big fan, but I have to admit, he would be a good fit in the WCO, Maybe add someone like Reggie Bush and of course a competent QB and they should be light-years ahead of the 2012 offense.

35. By Karan on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Oh ok, didn’t know he was a free agent. Just when I think I understand the salary cap situation, I get a little confused again. The NFL set the cap for $123.9 million. Can someone please explain to me what that exactly means and how does it effect the Jets. Does that mean we really get an extra 3 million to spend? Since the Jets are currently $5 mill under the cap, does this now make us $8 mill under the cap. $123.9 mill, that number, it means the amount of money a team can invest in their whole roster??

36. By since shea on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Mr T hot on another Steven Hill. Thats why he’s on the radio and not running a team. Trade Down!!! Look at all the O Linemen in the draft. RG’s, RT’s. Some of which are beasts! Didnt we do that some years ago by taking brick and mangold real early? We then plugged in Thomas Jones and look what happened, we became relevant again. Get your line, including TE, and start from there. There’s NO QB we are going to get this year that will be our guy for the next 10 years. OL, TE, OLB are the keys in my mind for this year. Idzik has us off the grid. No embarrassing headlines. That could be a sign that this guy is the real deal.

37. By joe on Feb 28, 2013 | Reply

Dream Draft
    1(9) Geno Smith QB
    1(31) from San Francisco Tyler Efert TE (Revis)
    2) (39) Desmond Trufant CB
    2) (29) from San Francisco Johnathon Cyprien SS (Revis)
    3) Giovanni Bernard RB
    4) Ryan Swope WR
    5) Jamie Collins LB
    6) Kenny Stills WR
    7) Luke Mardqurart OT

38. By Carl on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Rex , Please control the circus! Just Go Faster Jets!

39. By Carl on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

T Sizzle!You Rock ! That’s what I’m Talkin About! Go Faster and Meaner Jets !!!

40. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

This by Rich Cimini, The new cap# is 123.9M which should give the NYJ more room to make key signings. I believe the # is 8-9M under. The NYJ still have to sign some players in-house but at least they have some breathing room. But I think Idzik will try to save as much $ as possible for next years FA’s. NFL32 said that Raiders are looking to draft Geno Smith..My question is this…who would you rather have Carson Palmer/B.Quinn or David Garrard? Next..ATL releasing M.Turner/D.Robinson/J.Abraham…you know people will be posting to get at least 1 or 2 of these players. NO- NO and NO…we have to move forward people..let’s not be the same ol’ jets and get players on the decline.

41. By Tom Spicer on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I know guys on the site have wanted Alex Smith or Matt Flyn but we just do not have the money to sign these kinds of guys. I also read the Jets are looking at Brady Quinn. Please no Brady Quinn or Tim Tebow I have no interest in either of these guys. The Jets also worked out Dave Garrard yesterday. The guys the Jets need to bring in are the cheap veteran types that not only we can afford but could acctually be better than what we have. Like Matt Moore, Jason Cambell & even Dave Garrard depending on how his workout went. But I still think the Jets can get 1 of the top 5 QB prospects coming out this year in the 2nd round maybe even the 3rd round.

42. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Just to be clear Palmer/Quinn/Garrard are only stop gap QB’s. Flynn’s name has re-surfaced again. I’m just waiting for the Franchise QB like everyone else. And that will be through the Draft maybe this year or next…

43. By jetsfan80 on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

The Jets will need to draft a safety…but I would not take one at #9. The S position has been said to be deep this yr in the draft. We need an OLB with speed who can rush the passer and drop back in pass coverage from time to time. I would go with Jordan, Mingo or the most athletic OLB available in rd 1. Might want to stay away from Jones…the spinal condition bothers me.

2. Warmack. If gone, take best WR avail.

3. If Warmack was not avail in rd 2, take best OL avail. If drafted Warmack in rd 2, take best WR avail.

4. This will be the rd of the QB this yr. I think Bray, Wilson, Syracuse kid, or EJ Manuel slip to here. I was not impressed with Glennon.

5. Best S avail.

6. Another OL

7. Another S or DB.

44. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Adam Schefter reports that the NYJ are nearing a deal with FA QB David Garrard. So now we know Tebow is gone for sure. With Sanchez a goner next year and Rex will be gone too (don’t think for one moment Rex will be the NYJ HC in 2014) and Holmes not to far behind..the circus tent will be folded and leaving town…64Tom-Ronbo-GaryC-Byrdman-kleckofan and Squirrel the drinks will be on me!…(And for those who don’t drink Virgin Pina-coladas!)Hey 64Tom I’m heading out west next year..that Mexican Spot you spoke about sounds good to me..1st round is on me.

45. By kk on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I love the idea of picking up Garrard I wanted him here lsst year. Has a great arm, smart and maybe Sanchez would learn something from him. Perfect short term solution. Gives them flexibility in the draft. They can pick up a qb f they wish but not forced to use a high pick on a mediocre qb class at best. As far as these combine wonders, I think we have seen enough of these. Please pick football players watvh the tapes and forget the ridiculous hype of the combine workouts.

46. By scjoe on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Someone please tell me this is not true! “The NY Jets are close to an agreement with 37 year old, often injuried QB David Jarrard who hasn;t played the last 2 years because of injuries” Please!! If you do that, why not call Chad Pennington who is 38 and probably more healthy then he has ever been. I don’t get it. This sounds more like a move that Mike Tannenbaum would make. There has to be better options then that.

47. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

2013 is young, but I’ll call one of the funniest sports stories of the year right now: Gerrard and McElroy beat out Sanchez for the Number 1 and 2 spots, with “Mark the starter” finding himself inactive for most of his last yr on the Jets and almost certainly his last yr as anything close to a starter in the NFL. Not that I think Gerrard is any kind of long-term solution, of course. But he couldn’t possibly do worse than Sanchez in a yr that’s mostly going to be about rebuilding. So Ira, Karan, and others, let’s please stop talking about “Mark’s favorite target,” “Why we must re-sign Keller,” and “Who Rex likes” — if they actually sign a journeyman like Gerrard, that’ll be one big way of saying that the Rex/Mark era is over.

48. By Byrdman on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Have you heard the news… Detroit fans are circulating a petition, they want to make their teams draft selections this year – If we’d not hired Idzik, I would be comfortable with this “radar” crew making the Jet picks !
    Detroit suffered through 8 years of the Matt Millen debacle, culminating with a page in the NFL record books following the 0-16 season. Millen was Fired and The Ford family wisely hired Millen’s right hand man and understudy Martin Mayhew, presumably to save the cost of buying new monogrammed stationary for the GM’s office. Those Ford’s are, if nothing else, notoriously THRIFTY!
    So, Cheer Up Jet Nation… we’re a Circus and a Spectacle but… we’re NOT the DETROIT LIONS :D

49. By GaryC on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

You guys got to be kidding with Garrard,a turnover machine,if you hate Sanchez,you’ll despise Garrard in time,why did no one sign him.Many teams have quarterback problems,this guy could not even beat out Gabbert.I will take my chances with McElroy.

50. By GaryC on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Uncle Joe,get your point on Mayock,but truthfully,him and Charles Davis are the ones who know the college players,more then guys like Billick and Warner.For some reason do not no why Rich Eisen is on the draft,except for comedic value,they should bring in Kirk Herbstreit.

51. By Byrdman on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Not SO Fast Radar nation… signing a 38 year old Garrard who looks 48 and was last seen being carted of the field in Pittsburgh, could also be construed as a sign they are desperately searching for someone Sanchez might actually win a QB competition with. I don’t see the logic in signing a player with a Big-Long-Slow-Delivery for the West Coast offense – Do You? This is bizarre!

52. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

After reading all your posts today, folks, one thing is clear: We are finally rebuilding big-time. No team that’s open to starting David Gerrard, good though he’s been at times, is looking to compete for the SB this yr. It’s also revealing that almost all of the talk on this site these days is about the draft, not FA’s. I guess we’ve all gotten the message that we’re not limping into April anymore with 3 picks under Mr T’s “Quality Over Quantity Even If It Leaves Us With No Bench and No Players to Develop” approach.

53. By ronbo on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

S.C.Joe, really surprised to see your support of D.Keller?And why would you think he is any kind of fit for a W/C offense? Dude, That type of offense requires a skilled disciplined route runner with good hands(preferrably tall) and also with good YAC ability as well. Do any of those attributes sound like Keller?Sorry Dude,I dont see it? ALLAN O, I will hold you to that drink in Calli. Actually I’m a cheap date as I drink mostly beer! I like a lot of your draft ideas but Fluker is rated as a low 1st to early 2nd Rd in every moc I’ve see. He’s a big dude(strictly a R.T,too slow for L.T and most teams prefer R.T’s later as they are easier to find.I just dont see any way he goes anywhere near top 10. But I love the T.E Eartz & M.Lattimore

54. By Byrdman on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Glad to see that Alex Smith is no longer available, we wont have to read any more “Revis for Smith” deals here You Never trade a Rembrandt for a Velvet Elvis :D
    Unless the Elvis picture is hanging inside the cabin of a Gulf-Steam and the owner is offering that Jet and his 120′ yacht for your painting.
    Much of the speculation about Matt Flynn coming here is dispelled by reports that Seattle wants too much for the unproven backup.
    This Garrard thing is perplexing… the guy is about a month away from social security checks?? Didn’t that experiment already fail here with the corpse of Mark Brunell shining the bench with his ever expanding rear end ?

55. By RKE on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Forget Barkevious, the JETS already have a D’Brickashaw.

56. By RKE on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Let’s give Sanchez or any other QB a chance. Resign Justin Keller and Braylon Edwards (inexpensively).Expect Stephen Hill to kick ass his second year and hope Holmes returns to form with a renegotiated deal. Fulfill other needs through the draft. If $$ left, keep Brandon Moore at a very affordable price.

57. By Byrdman on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Correction – I was thinking of Byron Leftwich not David Garrard.
    Garrard might be alright – seems injury prone though!

58. By since shea on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Not happy to hear that Garrard (aka Mark Brunnel)is being thought of to come here. Would rather see McElroy or even MS with the new OC. Maybe with a new strong, young OL, one of the “E” tight ends from the draft and an OLB, we can have the start of a good team.

59. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

64Tom-Ronbo..I will let you guys respond to RKE. I can’t do it. Just seeing the words “Give Sanchez a chance” made me cringe…my eye started to twitch..hand started to shake..had a uneasy feeling in my stomach. Listen I spent a lot of money on therapy because of Sanchez..I felt like William Shatner on the twlight zone with the gremlin on the wing…(sorry the younger guys maynot remember that show)… Sanchez is my gremlin. Just joking RKE..Sanchez will do just fine..in the Arena League..Why do I feel like I just insulted the players in the Arena League?

60. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Yes, GaryC and Byrdman, Gerrard’s no Tom Brady. But he did make the Pro Bowl after his best season, even if it was only because Brady didn’t play in the game. It’ll be a cold day in Florham Park before you ever hear anyone mention Sanchez and the Pro Bowl in the same sentence. Indeed, I doubt Sanchez would shine at a Pro DAY!

61. By Dr. Frank Falcone, Jr. on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I think it’s time to see what McElroy can do on a long term basis. He is a Chad Pennington type of QB, which should be adequate for Marty’s version of the west coast offense. I would even like to see what Phil’s son has in the tank. He does have a good arm from what I could see at last year’s mini camp from the sideline. Regardless, we are not going to win anything this year, so lets see what we have and retool for next year’s draft. This year, we need to take solid players in the first 3 rounds that can start immediately. The draft is packed with OL this year, so lets draft some. We need 2 guards, a backup center and a better RT anyway. There are good safeties, too, which I am sure we can get, also. Not convinced a high pick should

62. By Dr. Frank Falcone, Jr. on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

be made on a OLB, as there are questions with just about all of them. Same thing in the WR position. I am a big “best player available” guy and don’t believe that we should draft based on need at a certain position. If the Jets do their homework, they can fill their “needs” in the free agency dept. as stop gap measures this year. Maybe next year a young franchise QB will be available in the draft, or someone via trade I did watch the combine, but I don’t get too excited about what I see. We need football players, not underwear athletes! I hope we can find a smart QB, who can read defenses and know where to put the ball on the FA market. Not a Quinn or Garrard fan, but whomever we get, they need to be protected!!

63. By Mike Jet Vet on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Actually, forget all this speculation about mock draft, players going early or late in rounds, Let me say I already like the new GM’s approach, he picked up a 310LB DL, 6-2 CB and 6-2 wide out all with experience albeit from leagues other then NFL betting we have a much better chance competing with guys like this than taking a shot with unknowns. again, in my opinion

64. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

By the way, Allan, great …Zone reference — I feel the same kind of high anxiety on just about every snap Sanchez takes!

65. By SCfromNy on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

I can not believe that Garrard is even an option. Do the Jets really want a competition??? What happened for all the love for McElroy? One bad game, 11 sachs, with an OL waiting to go on vacation is no test. We also need to stop talking WR. If Holmes comes back, Hill improves, Kerley remains reliable, and we resign BE our Wrs are decent. The question is WHO WILL THROW the BALL? If you had Rice, Megatron, and Welker they still need someone to throw the ball to them. scjoe: I know you were being sarcastic about Pennington, but I would love to see what would happen.

I hope Revis stays. I think too many are falling in love with these high draft picks for him. He may be reasonable. He has seen elite QBs restucture to help teams

66. By SCfromNy on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

con’t. Revis should also be aware that teams will remember Buffalo’s 100,000,000 mistake and be careful about making a CB the highest paid defensive guy on the team or on the whole team. Also NY is a huge media center where Revis can take advantage of his worth. Put him on the 49ers and while he will still be great, the gap between him and others will not be as big. Plus if you have a homegrown player like Revis you keep him. The Giants would never have traded LT no matter what.

Lastly, you CAN get a great QB in later rounds. Wilson & Montana round 3. Brady round 6. Dig deep.

67. By scjoe on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Ron, I said to Spicer “I am not a huge Keller fan” but he would be a better fit in the WCO, that hardly qualifies as “support” I didn’t like him the way he was being used, as a prototypical TE. He would be a much better fit in the WCO because as a TE he would create match up problems when in with the WR package, which I never saw materialize in 4 years as a prototypical TE. His size (6’2”) and route running (average) wont hinder him in the WCO, only his injury history will.

68. By kleckofan on Mar 1, 2013 | Reply

Allan- Amen and ditto on all the Sanchezjabs!
    I was hoping for Matt Moore, I think he has more left in the tank, but if Gererd can’t beat “Butt Fumble” then we’re in real trouble. It’s just a year of stop gap anyway.

69. By Ronbo on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Dr.Frank,as you are a Dr.far be it for a knucklehead like me to question your intellegence.(besides, I always enjoy your posts!)but in this case,please here me out.There are certian posisitions in today’s NFl that are more difficult to fill than others.Thus the term premium posisition.That is why the guys who play these pos. make more money.Obviously Q.B. comes to mind.But there are others including OLB that are crucial as well.Fortunately, this years draft offers several players at that pos.As we have zero OLB’s on our roster it is a critical need.The fact of the matter is it is a lot easier to find good O-linemen as there are more of them available as there skill set is more limited.

70. By Charliejet on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Can Sanchez handle QB competition? Ummmmmmmmmm NO!

71. By Ronbo on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

RKE,Sorry dude but you cant come here with that “give Sanchez a chance” stuff! He was given 15 chances last season plus 16 the prevous season & what you saw is what he is!A HUMAN TURN-OVER MACHINE! Dustin Keller quite on this team last year & you want him back?Are you kidding?Steven “rock-hands”Hill, dude,he has potential but is far from a finished product.(How was that Allan?)S.C.Joe, sorry bro,but I feel Keller is 2nd to only Sanchez as for who needs to go.

72. By Paul N on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

I’m all for trading Revis and stockpiling as many picks as we can. The draft is wanting in the QB department, but projected to be strong at safety, and pass rushers. It might be an unpopular view, but play Sanchez this coming season, fill as many holes you can through the draft. If Sanchez improves, trade him, if not the Jets can dump him after the season.Offensive tackles are huge in this draft and our line needs new blood. Its rebuilding time! Fall back in the draft, stock pile and draft smart!! A new QB won’t improve the offense, Rex is a lame duck, draft your future under a new head coach!!

73. By Byrdman on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Great Stuff Allan – that classic Shatner Zone was the single best episode in the series! Loved your circus tent quip too. While watching a show about Kurt Warner last week, something he said struck me. When he didn’t make any NFL teams he played Arena football – he claims that experience paid dividends. He actually made a case for using it to hone a QB’s decision process. Kurt thinks those QB’s have to make several quick reads and place the ball into tight windows, like in the big league, while, defensive players weren’t big enough for the NFL,he said they sure got in the backfield fast!
    Wonder if there’s another “Warner” waiting to be discovered in the ARENA?

74. By Byrdman on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

Uncle Joe – Yeah I like Fluker too, I could see the Jets with him and Dbrick as bookends. Keep Brick at LT while you groom Fluker at RT then in 2 years switch em.
    I’ve got Warmack sliding down a bit, He looked like the Michelin Man at the combine, wait till he’s drafted and puts on another 50 lbs of blubber.
    Worst case – we lose Moore and Slauson and we are faced with the prospect of Ducasse starting – just typing that phrase on the keyboard makes me ill!
    Think we HAVE to draft 2 O linemen, a guard to replace one we’ll lose and a stud tackle if one falls into our lap, What do you think about stealing Andy Levitre from the Bills? Kids a beast, 26 and still getting better – on paper the Jet O line could be best in the NFL.

75. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

SCfromNY, Revis like Sanchez is done in New York. He’s ruined himself here by way of his constant bragging, holding out, and whining about money, and that’s only one of the big reasons why it’s not “surprising,” as Cimini thinks, or “alarming,” as that ridiculous excuse for a sportswriter O’Connor thinks, that so many Jet fans (most, judging by ESPN’s posts) want him gone.

76. By scjoe on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

64, can you imagine every team in every sport letting go of their top players simply because of whining, bragging, complaining about money, or just evolving in to the total diva? I can’t! Especially those who actually perform at a high level on the playing field and cause no controversy what so ever “on the playing field”? You think WJ would agree to that assessment? If Darrelle Revis would accept WJs final contract offer, he would be in a Jet uni for a long time. Factor in, that “package” that comes in return for Revis services does not come with any guarantees. Mark Sanchez on the other hand? Good soldier! Not so good at what he does “on the playing field!”

77. By Ronbo on Mar 2, 2013 | Reply

ALLEN O&BYRDMAN, you guys are spot on,the Shatner episode was probably the best one ever.Allen, I loved your post re’Sanchez on the wing!Yikkkkeesss!S.CJoe, my bad, I have so much respect for you I misundersttod your comment.Obviously we have fun here busting on each other but obviously Keller is not one of my favorites.I just feel there are several f/a’s plus a bunch of guys in this draft that would be a major upgrade.Kind of like the beer vendor in Section 114 would be better then M.Sanchez as our Q.B!

78. By Mike on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

cordarrelle patterson has to be the pick at #9 overall. he has freakish ability, juilo jones type ability. just because he is raw he should not be compared to stephen hill. ya hill was raw comming out of college, he also has stone hands. pattersons “raw” ability is completely different than hill’s situation. if we get patterson we have the next julio jones, huge upgrabe for this offense.

79. By MaxJet on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

Jets need to go offense with their first pick. Warmak would be a good start. Offense wins games in today’s NFL. Almost every new or modified rule is in favor of the offense. The Jets had one of the worst in 2012. Next up, probably next year’s draft, a high quality QB. The offense has to rebuild from the ground up. The OL (the trenches) is the pillar which holds everything in place to have an explosive offense. It all starts with the Offensive Line.

80. By Dr. Frank on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo, I agree that we need OLB, but I am not sold on what this draft has to offer. There are many question marks with Mingo, Jordan and Jones. I don’t want us to end up with another Vernon Gholston! We need to take sure fire players that can start right away, and in this draft I think we should stock up on OL and safety first, since we also have need at those positions. That way, I think we will still be able to pick the best available players on the board. I am sure we can pick up some UFA’s, too, that could change part of the draft strategy before April.

81. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for Them Changes on Mar 3, 2013 | Reply

You’re fighting a losing battle, scjoe. We can’t afford Revis, we need players at just about every position but his, and like MaxJet says on the story ahead of this, he never talks about winning a SB, just how great he is and how much he should get paid. Trade him to the NFC and move on.

82. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Thanks Ronbo…couldn’t have said it better myself..
    Scjoe, I enjoy reading your posts, you have great insight on this team and it’s players..But I am going to agree to disagree with you on Revis. If Revis wanted to win and stay a Jet for life he could have a contract that can pay him for 4-5 years and make it cap friendly to sign key players to help this team get to the next level. He wants to be the Highest paid Def.Player?!? Does he return punts?kickoffs?(i.e. Deion Sanders) If he helped out on both sides of the ball I would say consider it, he wants a contract that will strap the team for years and therefore hinder this team to contend. That’s my take.

83. By Ronbo on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

MIKE, you are spot on about Cordarrell Patterson. He has all the physical ability needed to be a superstar. I wanted to see Tyler Bray last season so I got to see a lot of Tenn.I remember the announcers talking up the other W.R’s (Hunter & Rogers)early in the season but it was Patterson who consistently stole the show! I posted earlier he scored on kick returns,punt returns,long receptions,short screen type passes and he even ran out of the backfield like a R.B.Now when you play S.E.C football you are playing against some of the best players in college football so its not like he was doing it against bumbs.But there are some charachter questions & mental lapses the are a concern.Otherwise he would be the #1 pick.

84. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for the Next Phase on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Just Say No to Rex-delusional thinking about “shutdown corners” on a team that can’t even score any pts, Ronbo.

85. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

There’s a post after this one from Carl who like RKE thinks Sanchez should be given another chance..At one time I will admit that I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the talent around him, but you want to know what did it for me? It wasn’t the butt fumble it was one of the INT’s he threw last year..The one against the Titans in triple coverage..That’s when I just lost it. When he made that throw, it showed me Sanchez doesn’t belong in the NFL, not as a starter anyway. Just watch that highlight he did everything wrong a QB can possibly make and threw a pass no 4th yr vet should throw.

86. By scjoe on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Alan O’ Dane, Hear ya loud and clear. But Revis didn’t corner the market on greedy, high priced diva’s. He is just one of many throughout sports, what separates him from most is that he performs at a very high level and causes no concern “on the field” he is part of the solution, not the problem, that to me should be bottom line. That said, I am OK with a trade providing they get something close to equal value, I am OK either way. Problem is, all things considered (salary, salary cap, compensation, injury issue etc.) do they get equal value? I just don’t want to make a trade for the sake of making a trade AND making a statement.That would not be a good business decision.

87. By scjoe on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Re: Darrelle Revis, I totally understand the animosity toward him strictly because of the contract issues. I am not a huge fan of that type behavior myself. But judging by what he does on the playing field, what he is capable of on the playing field, has to be taken in to consideration at some point. He is the anti Mark Sanchez, both are totally overpaid for what they do, but one does it almost to perfection while the other don’t come close. Bottom line, “if” the Jets can get a great package in return, that will work, if they can resign him to a sensible, long term deal that would work just as well. At this point it is nothing more then speculation.

88. By GaryC on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo,Hunter in your words is the other receiver to Patterson,I will say Hunter will become a better player then Patterson,before this season,Hunter was THE receiver on Tennessee and he is being overlooked a lot.

89. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for the Next Phase on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

Your other good pts aside, scjoe, I think it’s probably a little naive to think that Revis’ constant holding out for more money and bragging on himself doesn’t upset some other players and maybe even cause some open resentment on the team.

90. By Joe B. on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

The Jets need to draft a can’t miss player in the first round. The only player I see at the nine spot who has can’t miss potential is Chance Warmack. Althouhg this is not the sexy pick it is smart and safe. The Jets need to get back to running the ball well and protecting the QB the best they can. This starts upfront with a solid O-line. If they do decide to take a chance on someone they should consider Ogletree (LB) or Vaccaro (S). Ogletree’s film is of the charts as he’s able to go sideline to sideline effortlessly. Vaccaro hits like a beast and treats opposing players as if they stole his lunch money and he’s real hungry.

91. By Joe B. on Mar 4, 2013 | Reply

My Mock goes as follows:
    1st round-Chance Warmack (I would consider Jarvis Jones if available but I think he’ll probably be gone)
    2nd round- DJ Fluker if available or Justin Hunter
    3rd round-Eric Reid (S)
    4th round- Le’Veon Bell RB (don’t sleep on this kid he has potential to be a solid #1 running back or at worst the best #2 in the NFL in a two back system. Think of a better more agile Brandon Jacobs. I would even consider him in round 3. Trust me if the Jets don’t draft him the giants will…mark my words).
    5th round-Travis Kelce (TE)
    6th round-Vinston Painter (OT)
    7th round-best availabel player on your board

92. By Tom Spicer on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

Joe B, Good post but I want no part of Ogletree while he is a good player. He is a knuckle head he was suspended 4 games this year for Georiga for drugs than after the season was over knowing he had a shot to go as high as 10 in the draft he went out & got a DWI. He probably cost himslef millions if not hundereds of thousands of dollars. We have enuff knuckheads I dont want anymore plus I dont see middle linebacker as a major need for us.

93. By scjoe on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

64, maybe I am like one of those old horses wearing blinders, but I would find it highly unlikely that Revis actions off the playing field would have any effect what so ever on his team mates play ON the playing field. Could there be some jealously contract wise? Sure! I think that can be said about 90% of today’s athletes.

94. By Ronbo on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

JOE B, that was one of the better moc’s I’ve seen here. Sadly,some of your pic’s will probably go higher than you list them but you never know?.Good job bro! I have to agree with Spicer(even though it kills me) concerning A.Ogletree.No question he is a high 1st rd.talent.(probably top 10)And contrary to what Spicer said he is in no way restricted to inside L.B.In fact his first year he was a safty.The kid has freakish athletic ability.But Spicer is also right about us having enough knuckleheads.LeVeon Bell is an interesting guy.At 6-2 240 he alsohas freakish athletic ability and could be a 4th rd steal? The question with him is his heart? Is he a warrior?I would grab him if available in rd.4 !

95. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for the Next Phase on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

Holding out every other yr, asking for the same money as star QBs who’ve won Super Bowls, and openly calling yourself the best player on the team goes light yrs beyond the kind of behavior that usually causes contract envy on a team, scjoe.

96. By Big D on Mar 5, 2013 | Reply

The Revis trade makes the most sense because if we can receive some decent picks for next year some conditional some not… and sure up the offensive side of the ball this season. we can use those picks if we would like to trade up for a franchise QB next year, because there aren’t any this year. Flynn isn’t worth the money. Back up for a reason.

97. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for the Next Phase on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

Very interesting stuff, Joe B. and Big D. What I like most about all of your posts is that they display a patience with the process of rebuilding the right way, as opposed to buying into some dreamy nonsense Mr T-style that with a few FA’s, some has-been or never-was QB (that’s why I was against getting Alex Smith), and more blindly ignorant belief in Rex, we can somehow field a highly competitive team this yr. Try maybe by 2015 IF we draft smartly, get a new HC who knows how to develop players, and of course get an NFL-caliber (I won’t even say the dreaded word “elite”) QB.

98. By IRA on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

Nobody has mentioned but the market for Brent Grimes will be very interesting and it applies to how and when the Jets will trade Revis. Grimes tore his achilles the first game of the year which was two weeks before Revis tore his ACL. Both are major injuries and tough to come back at 100%. Sorry you lose a split second or more Peterson was not the norm. I think Grimes was right there in the top 5 CB’s and we will see how much that injury will affect the price teams are willing to spend on him. I do believe it would be in the best interest for the Jets to move Revis before the draft if possible. Idzik needs to start with a clean slate and not have any distractions once the offseason program starts. …

99. By IRA on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

having Revis around as a team leader not happy and waiting to be traded will only be a HUGE Distraction that this team can not afford to have.

100. By IRA on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

I am glad to see some fans wanting Warmack if they pick at 9. None of these OLB’s are a sure thing and Warmack would make the most sense as long as they don’t address the OG spots during free agency. Would love to have Moore back but his age and price i tend to doubt they resign him but you never know.

101. By Ronbo on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

BIG D, I think you are right about Matt Flynn.He has very little playing experience and even in his big game(which was recently on NFL network replay I was very unimpressed. Although he put up big numbers he showed little arm strength, not much mobility and quite frankly he looked kind of short.A lot of the yds he accumulated were a result of some horrendous tackling which was probably due to the fact their opponents were out of the playoff picture.I just dont see how a
    6-1 200lb Q.B with a avg(at best arm,and limited experience is a long term soloution to our Q.B problem?

102. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready for the Next Phase on Mar 6, 2013 | Reply

The Revis trade probably means Flynn’s not on the Jets’ radar, Ronbo, as it signals that we’re deadly serious about rebuilding. And if we are that serious, there’s no need to panic and pick up somebody like Flynn. Probably any of the top 5 or 6 college QBs this yr, much less what’s coming up next yr, could easily do as well as him or better.

103. By Mike M on Mar 8, 2013 | Reply

I think we should trade down in this years draft and fills some much needed holes on offense. Tavon Austin could be the next Desean Jackson and i know Mornigweg has got to be looking in that direction. Sanchez or G-Mac can start and be effective if we fill holes at Guard, RB and WR, and TE through the draft. Don’t expect more than a .500 season at best this year. Rex will lose his job and Idzik will bring in a HC that he wants. Hopefully he can get the Jets back on track in a few years.

104. By Alex Tarchoun on Mar 10, 2013 | Reply

Pete Carroll never coached Matt Barkley. Gotta get your facts strait.

105. By Mike on Mar 19, 2013 | Reply

The Jets need a whole new team!

106. By Robert on Apr 26, 2013 | Reply

Can you please tell me why the Jets didn’t trade up with Arizona to get Tavon Austin WR

107. By Robert on Apr 26, 2013 | Reply