• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM EDT Live Jets Talk LIVE Chad Pennington will join us on Jets Talk LIVE. Dickerson to talk Chargers alongide reporters Eric Allen and Amanda Pflugrad. Fans call in at 855-909-5483 or tweet your questions to @eallenjets.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 2:15 PM - 2:30 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences every Monday and Wednesday from the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Jets Open Mic is a 30-minute telecast throughout the NFL season.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 3:30 PM EDT Live Press Conference: Coordinators Jets special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey, offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 9:30 PM - 10:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show hosted by Jeane Coakley with analysts Ray Lucas and Tony Richardson, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Fri., Oct. 03, 2014 12:40 PM - 12:55 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Oct. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show hosted by Jeane Coakley with analysts Ray Lucas and Tony Richardson, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences every Monday and Wednesday from the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Jets Open Mic is a 30-minute telecast throughout the NFL season.
  • Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

Garrard: ‘Knee’s Great … I Can Compete’

Posted by Randy Lange on March 12, 2013 – 4:05 pm

David Garrard’s back. Now a few questions would involve whether his back and his knee are back along with him.

The newly signed veteran Jets QB chatted with beat reporters in a conference call this afternoon, and one of the first questions involved those two parts of his anatomy, which in part led to his not playing the previous two seasons.

Brian Costello of the New York Post came in with Question No. 2 regarding Garrard’s training room scene on last year’s Hard Knocks.

“Yeah, that was a tough situation for me,” the personable Garrard said. “I feel like I had come back great from my back. My back is no issue. I was really battling down there, having a lot of fun, being on the field, doing what I do. Then my knee starts creeping up a little bit swelling up. I needed [arthroscopic] surgery.

“But my knee is great now. I’m really excited to get back in the league, playing ball. I’m very thankful the Jets have given me this opportunity.”

Needless to say, the opportunity can head in several different directions. One topic on Jets fans’ minds regarding the signing is the state of his body. Is he starting to break down, as virtually all athletes great and small do at some point? Indeed, in that key Hard Knocks episode, Garrard reported to the Dolphins trainer that turned to watch one of his children swimming in the pool and “felt something crunch in that knee.”

“Didn’t bang it on anything, didn’t fall on it or anything,” Garrard said then. “Maybe it’s father time.”

Today he had no reservations about his health. Perhaps it’s March machismo, but Garrard, who is a good-sized (6’1″, 239) QB, says despite the “nicks and knacks” of the past two years and the celebration of his 35th birthday last month, he’s still got what it takes to maneuver the ball down the field.

If I have to get a first down, I can, I can tell you that much,” he said. “As a quarterback, as you continue to get older, you have to be smarter with your body, smarter getting the ball out. Really the No. 1 thing for me as I continue to grow in this league, I’m realizing if I can get the ball to my back or dump it to the tight end, they can probably get as many yards and maybe more and I take less of a beating. That’s just the way the game is. As a quarterback, they don’t want you to be all broken up, sore, can’t move around in the pocket. I’m definitely smarter with the ball.

“But if I have to get a first down to keep chains moving or get the ball in the end zone, I’m going to do what I have to do.”

Yet the most healthy thing of all, on first listening to Garrard’s first public remarks as a Jet, is his outlook on the Jets’ starting job. He’s clearly for winning it, but first and foremost he’s clearly for his new team’s success.

“I just expect to go out and compete and really try to help this team out in any way possible,” he said. “If the way I play on the field allows that to happen, then I think great. If it doesn’t, I’m going to still be the best teammate I can be and help out this team as much as I can. It’s a team spot. not just me and the other QBs. It’s everybody pulling together, helping this ballclub out as much as possible.”

“All I know is I can compete and I’m going to have fun and make the team better.”

David Garrard Photos

Tags: , , ,

47 Responses to “Garrard: ‘Knee’s Great … I Can Compete’”

1. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Yeah, welcome aboard, David, but that’s enough about you, it’s not as if you’re the real Sanchez replacement. More exciting to picture you mentoring the next QB this yr and next with MS gone. And MUCH more exciting is the GREAT news that the Jets aren’t interested in overpaying DeVito, another good player that Rex would call “another Deacon Jones” or some other such outdated nonsense. Jet fans can’t seem to actually envision Wilk. Coples, Ellis, and a high draft pick starting this yr, and that’s been the problem with this franchise since about 1970, it drafts guys and then chickens out of really putting them on the line. Idzik has no interest in that, since it’s his name that’s on the line now. So far he’s doing everything right.

2. By Mike V on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Why is every QB the Jets bring to “push” Sanchez is worse than Sanchez? Garrad, Tebow, Mark Brunell (etc.) are a threat to the Sancize? Garrad is at best one hit wayay from being done. This coupled with all the cuts tell me the 2013 season is already over. No need to say Just End The Season… its already over. See you Rex (and its not your fault!)…

3. By Karan on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Kansas City is making major moves this offseason. Don’t be surprised if they make the player within the 2nd year or heck even the 1st year under Reid.

4. By since shea on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Wow. What a great acquisition. Haha. Brunell revisited? A jets move indeed. Compare that with the Bills who eat some $10 million in dead money just to unload their QB mistake. Laughable but our QB is likely in next years draft anyway. Losing Pohua’s $6 Million salary is a good move. He was not a game changer. Ellis and DeVito can plug that hole just as good. As for Revis, with so many DB’s in free agency, including the one and only Asamaghua who Rex highly coveted, what do you think you will get? Are we going to give this guy away for basically nothing? Make the same mistake as the Ravens did with Boldin (over only $2 Million)? Now I say, NO. Keep him and make him play it out this year.

5. By since shea on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Forgot that DeVito was already let go. Still say Ellis can fill that spot. Not happy to hear that Goodson (Carolina then Oakland) may replace Shawn Greene? Are you kidding me? This guy cannot stay on the field! Often injured and not good at all. Why bother? Are you kidding me? Might as well keep Shawn for that matter and get him a dam OL to block for him and the others. Really, does it ever get better? Here’s one for you……. Victor Cruz to the Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. By IRA on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Garrard sounds great and like i wrote he will give all Sanchez can handle. Really upset they lost DeVito to the Chiefs. For now they will have to draft a DT early in the draft. They can’t depend on Ellis.

7. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Free agent WR (Rams) Brandon Gibson will visit the Jets on Wednesday.

8. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

A source tells the New York Post that the Jets have interest in free agent QB Jason Campbell. The Jets don’t appear content to limit their quarterback derby to just Mark Sanchez and David Garrard. Campbell, 31 years old with 71 career starts under his belt.

9. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

“Chiefs signed DE Mike DeVito, formerly of the Jets, to a three-year, $12.6 million contract.” Wow this is alot of money I like the guy but with Coples & Wilkerson as the future of this D. We could just not afford to even come close to this for a back up DE.

10. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

I was watching the free agency frenzy show on NFL network & it said the Jets spoke with Rashard Mendenhall. If by some chance the Jets sign him I would go nuts!

11. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but “details just need to be ironed out.”
    Those “details” are likely a new contract for Revis. The Jets have in all likelihood agreed to the compensation they’ll receive.

12. By Tom Spicer on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

I dont know if you guys remember this but some time ago I said that the Bills are going to cut Ryan Fitzpatrick. Well today he got cut he is by far the best free agent QB out there. If the Jets can afford this guy this would be he best competition for Sachez we could possibly get outside of drafing Geno Smith with the 9th pick.

13. By scjoe on Mar 12, 2013 | Reply

Well, Mike DeVito is offically gone. He signed a 3 year deal with KC for 12.3 Mil. That for a 2012 stat sheet that read 46 tackles and 1 (ONE) sack! IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT??

14. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

An ESPN post with which I TOTALLY agree: “A huge sum of money went to a core group that were never very good. Idzik is cutting them one by one and trading others and will likely by the end free up 20 to 30 mil in cap room. In rebuilding a franchise, you start with creating large cap space and accumulating draft picks. Look at the PIT, NE, SEA, SF, and GB models. Idzk is following that and I for one am happy to see someone finally gut the Jets. It needed to be done 6 years ago.” AMEN! Any by the way, I was off by 100K, Garrard’s deal is 1 yr/1.1 mil. He’s not the future, folks, he’s the stopgap who won’t butt-fumble while we’re grooming young players on O and waiting for the next, REAL franchise QB.

15. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

There are also a couple of great posts on ESPN about the miracle that Idzik pulled off, getting narcissist/solipsist (yeah, go back to the dictionary, Ronbo) Holmes to take a pay cut. In fact, one guy wrote hilariously, “If Idzik does nothing else, he’ll go down in history as “The Man Who Got Santonio Holmes to Take a Pay Cut.”

16. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Here’s another very telling move, and the exact opposite of what Mr T, browbeaten by a delusional Rex who thinks we’re one play away from a SB, would’ve done: Idzik has reworked Cro’s deal to push more of the $ into 2014. Guess what that means? It means if we’re not looking competitive in the spring of that yr, Cro can be dealt, cut, or whatever while we work on the young DBs that we shoulda been grooming instead of messing around with Landry and Y Bell. Rex, of course, just loves his kind of guys, no matter whether they’re any good or fit into any kind of larger vision of building a winner, and Mr T went along with his nonsense. Every move Idzik’s making says what I’ve been saying for weeks — Rex is officially NO FACTOR!

17. By kk on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

While I know some of you don’t support Rex I do, but the writing is now on the wall. Both safeties gone three of four lb’s gone two of four dl gone two of five ol gone. Now I do agree alot of these guys times have come and gone which I’d prefer they cut without overpaying, but with very little cap room it’s bargain basement time until they can replenish through the draft which by the way ive always preferred. My point is Rex has no shot in retaining his job, they’ll be lucky to win 4-5 games and it’ll be on him. Maybe they don’t screwed up the Revis trade and actually receive some meaningful picks, but remember in all of this it’s Woody who controls the team and sorry to say he is a horrible owner and therein lies the rub, our Wilpon ugh

18. By GaryC on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

If Idzik can make Holmes take a pay cut,his next job should be at the U.N.

19. By GaryC on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

LIke I said with DeVito a couple of stories ago,SMALL POTATOES,don’t lose sleep over losing him,maybe Ira’s idea about bringing in Branch might work now,if he hasn’t been signed yet.

20. By Ronbo on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

TOM64- Duh,WoW, more big words?Luv ya bro!Spicer, while I’m glad you’d be thrilled with Mendenhall let me just ask you, do you really think he’s a big upgrade over S.Greene? I know you are not a big Greene fan (neither am I)and you undoubtadly remember Mendenhall running it down our throats in that playoff game but a thing to consider.Mendenhall & Greene have simular down-hill running styles.basically take the hand off,hit the hole and straight ahead.Neither of them is a west coast style R.B who catches the ball out of the backfield.And Ryan Fitzpatrick?I dont know Bro,,,,

21. By Chicago Bob on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

SCJOE: Thanks for pointing out the Devito signing. Thank God Idzik was not dumb enough to offer what Kansas City did – $12.3 million for a guy who does nothing but hold the line of scrimmage! Are you insane? Has anyone watched Mike Devito’s pass rushing skills over the years? He has none. All Mike Devito has ever been able to do is control the line of scrimmage against one on one blocking – we are not talking about Kris Jenkins or Ted Washington – guys that are able to command a double team. It was a good story about a small college guy making the pros however that is it. That kind of money can bring in someone who is more than a one-dimensional player. Idzik is doing the right things so far – keep it up.

22. By since shea on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

How did San Fran get to be a dynasty in such a short period of time? They were a laughing stock loser just several years ago. They got rid of Coach Singletary and got Harbaugh. Was it that easy? They have great players, depth, and a ton of draft picks. They could have won a SB. Is Idzik on the SF plan? We shall see.

23. By Byrdman on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Everybody feels GREAT in March and April – It’s when camp starts, with the drills and 2/day practices and our QB “competition” begins, that’s when those old injuries will begin to ache and the surgically repaired joints will swell.

So far I like Garrard, he sounds like he’ll be a steady locker room presence and the type of “Elder Statesman” this team has lacked recently.

Still seeing the name McElroy in posts here. I be STUNNED if he’s not released.
    MM will quietly tell Rex “Look this kid has heart, but he just doesn’t have the arm or athleticism for the NFL”

24. By Byrdman on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

ANY news on the Revis trade yet ??
    Heard Tampa is offering a mint condition Bud Harrelson card that Woody needs
    If we act fast they’re throwing in an unopened Jerry Grote card WITH that delicious Topps bubble gum inside !!!
    HURRY UP WOODY – this deal won’t last !

25. By Allan O'Dane on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

As much as I liked devito the chiefs overpaid for him. He’s the the blue collar guy you need on the D-line but i’m not losing sleep any sleep because he’s gone. The future is Wilkerson-Ellis-Coples everyone else should be steady backups..vets that you can get at league min. We GOTTA BUILD through the draft.

26. By kleckofan on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Here’s my .02…JFT64- you had me at bloviated! Anyone, I guess mostly scjoe and MJV who can fully endorse Rex after the fiasco we’ve become is either loyal to a fault or just being provacative.
    The direction we are going with the I-man is most definitely the correct one. Folks out there complaining about Gerrard, FA acquisitions, Pouha etc etc are just not seeing how low we are or where we need to go. Wake up.
    Karan- couldn’t hear you on sanchez, can’t hear you on Leon either.
    My bet is on revis to TB; they had the worst pass defense in the league, they have cash to pay DR and picks to make the deal. Great, send him to the NFC and stock those picks!

27. By kleckofan on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Gary C- why would you send Idzik to the U.N. based on his getting Holmes to restructure? We have a more pressing needs for someone w financial sense right here in D.C.! I’m guessing the I-man is a Republican.
    Byrd- I think you’re wrong on the Revis situation. Revis has been touted as the best thing since Dick Butkus for so long, by so many (not just rex bloviating, thanks JFT) he will bring us real value (ie good picks).
    Yeah, Philly releasing Asomugha is just more proof of how lost Rex Tanny were (are). If we hadn’t courted him for so long and then ultimately caved to revis we might not be forced to having to trade Revis now! I’ve always said Tanny was the WFAN caller who won a sweepstakes and got to run an NFL franchize.

28. By scjoe on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Kleckofan, let me try to clarify MY position on Rex Ryan as the NYJ HC. It is not so much me being enamored with what Rex has done or has not done. What it comes down to is, WHO will the replacement be. Change for the sake of change doesn’t always work out the way you believe it will, or the way you want it to. Change on many occasions have made a bad situation worse. We all have witnessed the never ending changing of the guard, the musical chair effect with the never ending list of recycled head coaching rejects. It just makes no sense. At some point you have to look to the roster for success or failure. Now, reincarnate Vince Lombardi, or give me a Bill Parcells in his prime (with a long term commitment) and I would be OK with that.

29. By Mike Jet Vet on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

OK I wish I spoke Chinese or french maybe Kleckofan and Tom64 will finally get it (( I NEVER FULLY ENDORSED NOR SAID HE SHOULD BE OUR HEAD COACH))) WHAT I SAID WAS, REX TOOK OUR TEAM >BTW < WITH PLAYERS HE BROUGHT IN FROM BALTIMORE NOT ONLY MANGINI"S ,, TO #1 RANKING 2 BACK 2 BACK AFC CHAMIONSHIP GAMES IN HIS 1ST 2 SEASONS WON A SB WITH BALTIMORE HIS DEFENSE, Best of any coach we since WEEB, IS That RIGHT OR NOT ?? AGAIN, ARE YOU LISTENING or comprehending, with the right people in place can he repeat that feat it's worth a shot in a rebuilding year .. Another point you may or not agree with when we lost Schotty and Callahan this team went straight down the shoot ..

30. By kleckofan on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

scjoe- fair points on change for the sake of change. I don’t have a good candidate to replace Rex yet, but I’ll bet by the end of next season Mr. Idzik will.
    And MJV, I’ll give you Rex as great DC (though not nearly as effective lately) and would gladly keep him in that role when Idzik makes the HC change. I just know that a demotion on the same team in the NFL is rare (see Mike Tice etc), and not likely, especially w Rex’s ego.
    I get what you’re saying about those first yrs. But under Rex’s watch (and Tanny) the team changed for the worse (Thomas Jones, Faneca, TR let go). And the constant public and on-field missteps.
    Lighten up though, it’s just sports and the I’man will right the ship.

31. By kleckofan on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

scjoe- also, you must admit, it would not have been change for the sake of change had Rex been fired w Tanny. It would have been standard operating procedure. We should not even be having this conversation. How’d that keeping the HC while firing the GM work out for Lovie?

32. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

I’m listening, MJV,and the guys Rex brought from BAL had the least to do with our “success” in Rex’s first 2 yrs and are all gone now. Like many are saying, the whole Jet mindset is set way too low. scjoe, I just find your fear or a new HC excessive. Given the guy we have now, I’d approach the HC slot the same way Idzik is doing with players, for all I know Lee or MM wil be HC next yr and do a much better job. Anyone who has a more modern grasp of the game, doesn’t make himself the center of attention, knows where to utilize players, is more interested in winning games than getting laughs on Monday morning…yeah, I could go on and on, anybody who doesn’t do all that would be better than Rex.

33. By Ronbo on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Since Shea, The 49ers got good by doing exactly what the Jets are in the process of doing now:resist the quick fix and build a solid team through solid drafting( with occasional tweaking through free agency).S.F actually started this process well before Harbaugh came aboard.I think the fact they had so many good young players in place as well as the fact he already lived in the area where big factors in him going there.Obviously its way to eary to evaluate the I-man at this point, but if first impressions mean anything I think we are on the right track! Now if we can get our new O/C to stop makeing comments even suggesting M.S has a leg up I think we will all be even happier.

34. By Byrdman on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Klecko – I was going a little heavy on the sarcasm up there but…
    The point I was making in a snarky way was this –
    Jet Nation should not expect a huge block-buster 6 draft pick deal, at least right now.
    It would be typical of this franchise to draft and develop the best corner in the NFL, then trade him while he’s recovering from ACL surgery in a corner flooded market.
    His value right at this moment couldn’t get any lower unless he becomes a Soldier of Fortune or decides to have a sex change.

35. By GaryC on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Kleckofan,Tongue in cheek,my man,If he can get Holmes to give up anything maybe he can talk other crazies in the world to talk appeasement.

36. By scjoe on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

kleckofan, your right, we don’t know how it all would turn out had WJ fired Ryan along with Milliambaum. But on the other hand, we don’t quite know how it will turn out by retaining him either. As is my point most times, that answer is going to depend on who the personnel is, who the starting QB is, etc. The HC is only one part of the equation. He shouldn’t be given that much credit or that much blame in the grande scheme of things.

37. By Mike Jet Vet on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

TOM64 last post on the subject, it’s said given time your true colors will emerge congratulation, YES I KNOW THEY ARE GONE, HIS GUYS WERE HERE AND A BIG PART OF WHY WE HAD OUR MOST SUCCESSFUL BACK TO BACK SEASONS EVER AS JET FANS. TOM64, maybe some will agree with you for reasons I can only speculate, because all in what I’m saying is TRUTH AND FACT, so. as a 44 year Jet fan I’m going to savor the best 2 years I’ve seen and been a part of in that time, May not meet your world according to royalty, but I’ll take it for now..

38. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 13, 2013 | Reply

Good one on firing Mr T and retaining Rex, klecko. I think what a lot of people didn’t really get, myself included, in January is that Woody’s insistence that Rex stay for another yr probably has nothing to do with how much he likes him as a HC. It now seems to have mostly to do with not wanting to pay him for sticking around in a yr in which our W-L record isn’t going to matter one bit and rightfully so.

39. By Mike Jet Vet on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

SCjoe. kudos your common sense is refreshing , maybe our expert fans , will finally get it. MAYBE, what has me boiling other than being misread, is the fact we never give, even with the right people in place a chance to accomplish goals, as you so gracefully put it revolving door effec yet have no sure fire replacement just theory’s, They have so much more knowledge then 30 year veterans we hire to do a job. never ending critics bashing even the best efforts. what coach or player worth his salt would come here and get denigrated when they can go to NE, San Fan, St Louis, Seattle, Baltimore. Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Saints, at least have a chance to flourish,

40. By judalation on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

Welcome to NY Garrard! I know this is not a flashy deal, but I honestly believe that the Jets need Sanchez on the bench because he is without a doubt the worst QB in the NFL over the past 2 years. Garrard will win the starting job and the jets will be close in games now that they have a decent offense. If the Jets can get a good rb in free agency we may even win 7 games.

41. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's Let Go of All Illusions on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

MJV, Joe Biden and John Boehner are more than thirty-yr vets and neither of them can get squat done, so it’s not always about yrs of punching the clock and doing nothing. There are plenty of players and coaches around the NFL who’ve been doing nothing but taking up space and they shouldn’t be sentimentalized, much less championed. As for Rex’s glorious 2 yrs of title game losses, let me tell you how I process MY 49 yrs as a Jet fan. The Jets I loved rose to win the most important SB ever and were then seen as contenders to win it again. Horrible injuries to Namath and weak-kneed coaching denied us that destiny, and that’s the future team I’m looking for, not one that illustrates Lombardi’s “Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.”

42. By Ronbo on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

MIKE JET VET, very sorry to see how disappointed you are with some comments here.I’ll say this again,I have much respect for your opinion and see the wisdom there in.We cant take anything said here personal.If I did Spicer would be pushing up daisey’s (LOL)Seriously Bro, we are just passionate fans who simply want to get this team fixed.My feeling is I want to win a superbowl. But I also want a team that i can be proud of.Stick arounf bro, I believe we are on the right track now.The rex thing will work itself out one way or the other.

43. By scjoe on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

Right MJV, it is way to early to put RR in the “elite” coaching club, BUT, who will be that guaranteed available upgrade? Where will he come from? I believe there are 3 parts to the equation, The GM, the HC, and the personnel. The personnel is usually directly related to the GM, it surely was in the case of the NYJ. So why shift all the blame to the HC? The biggest culprit, Mike Millanbaum is gone, the half *** OC is gone, hopefully the inefficient QB is not to far behind. So, give him another season with a competent GM, OC, and hopefully QB, THEN, reevaluate him. Don’t do it in the off season.

44. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Shocked at the Squeamishness on Mar 14, 2013 | Reply

MJV and scjoe, Ronbo’s got it right, you wanna see anything really change you gotta hang in. Remember how for awhile we couldn’t imagine that anyone but Hess would ever own the Jets? This is a similar time only better, Idzik’s gutting this dreadful team, setting up its dreadful QB and HC to go in 2014, and taking a smart, aggressive long-term approach. It’s exactly what the doctor order, unless the patient would rather be sick and used to it than cured and alive once again to the possibilities of the future. What we’ve been doing offered no future, what we’re doing now does.

45. By Chicago Bob on Mar 15, 2013 | Reply

People who are quick to blast Idzik for not being more aggressive on free agents obviously have no clue as to the mess he has inherited – why do you think so many candidates turned the job down?. This is a monumental job and the Jets are lucky to have gotten this man – he obviously has a plan and will stick with it. He will bring some talent in – it will not be the upper tier free agents however there will be enough to add some much needed depth. The last time we had anyone with a solid plan was when we got Dick Steinberg from the Pats however that was short lived due ot his illness.You can throw Parcells into the mix however most of us knew all along that was going to be short-lived. This man is in for the long haul and will get it done.

46. By kenny on Mar 15, 2013 | Reply

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!

47. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Who's In It for Real on Mar 16, 2013 | Reply