• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 3:30 PM EDT Live Press Conference: Coordinators Jets special teams coordinator Thomas McGaughey, offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman will address the media.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 9:30 PM - 10:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show hosted by Jeane Coakley with analysts Ray Lucas and Tony Richardson, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Fri., Oct. 03, 2014 12:40 PM - 12:55 PM EDT Live Rex Ryan Press Conference HC Rex Ryan will address the media following practice.
  • Sat., Oct. 04, 2014 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show hosted by Jeane Coakley with analysts Ray Lucas and Tony Richardson, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.
  • Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences every Monday and Wednesday from the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Jets Open Mic is a 30-minute telecast throughout the NFL season.
  • Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Tue., Oct. 07, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point Every Tuesday throughout the season, Jets fans can tune into Jets Extra Point, a weekly show that dissects the previous week's game with detailed analysis. The show will also feature exclusive interviews with Jets players and coaches. Host Brian Custer is joined by Ray Lucas, Tony Richardson, and a rotating panel of Jets on SNY analysts.
  • Wed., Oct. 08, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences every Monday and Wednesday from the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. Jets Open Mic is a 30-minute telecast throughout the NFL season.
  • Thu., Oct. 09, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan Jets Game Plan is a 30-minute preview show hosted by Jeane Coakley with analysts Ray Lucas and Tony Richardson, providing a comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup.

Draft Prospects Include 6 with Green/White Ties

Posted by Randy Lange on April 19, 2013 – 1:52 pm

Updated Saturday, 4:50 p.m. ET

Next week’s draft is a big event for the Jets’ extended family. Fans are aware that CB Desmond Trufant out of Washington is Isaiah’s younger brother and Matt Elam, the Florida safety, is Abram Elam’s kid brother. But that’s just the start of the draft prospects with a little green and white in their blood.

Austin Peay QB Jake Ryan is the son of Pat Ryan, the Jets’ 13-year backup and sometimes starting QB from 1978-90. Pat, in fact, was 12-9 as a starter during Ken O’Brien’s stay with the Green & White, and that included starts in both of the 1986 playoff games, the win over Kansas City and the double OT loss at Cleveland.

Penn State RB Michael Zordich’s dad, Mike, also a Nittany Lion, went on to play 12 NFL seasons as a safety, the first two of which came with the Jets in 1987-88 after he was drafted in the ninth round of the ’86 draft by San Diego. The elder Zordich’s big green play was an interception-return touchdown to crown the Jets’ 1988 home-opening win over the Houston Oilers.

Then there’s North Carolina OL Brennan Williams. His father, Brent, began his NFL career as seventh-rounder in that same ’86 draft by New England, then went on to play 11 pro seasons. His last five games came as a member of the Jets in 1996.

And one name that initially got past me and the NFL’s media department but not past Radar regular GaryC is T.J. McDonald, the Southern Cal safety and son of Tom McDonald, not an ex-Jets player but a celebrated Trojans and NFL safety who came on this year as the Jets’ new DBs coach.

Where do all the Jets’ relatives figure to go? Desmond Trufant is possibly the third-best corner in this draft and should go in the second half of the first round. Matt Elam is perhaps the top strong safety prospect in this draft and could go low in Round 1 or in Round 2. T.J. McDonald and Brennan Williams are potential third- or fourth-rounders. Michael Zordich and Jake Ryan are possible undrafted free agent signees.

Familiar Names at Predraft Play 60 Clinics

A number of current and former Jets are slated to be involved in the NFL Play 60 Youth Football Festival being held next Wednesday and Thursday at Chelsea Waterside Park between 23rd and 24th Streets in Manhattan.

TE Jeff Cumberland, LB Demario Davis, WR Clyde Gates and RB John Griffin will be involved in conducting some of the clinics on Wednesday afternoon. Former Jets S James Ihedigbo, now with the Ravens, will also be a clinician, as will retired QB Mark Brunell, in town as we mentioned a few days ago to announce the Jaguars’ second-round pick from the Radio City podium on Friday night.

The players will team with third-through-ninth-grade students from schools in New York and New Jersey as part of the league’s youth health and fitness campaign. Students will learn NFL FLAG drills and Heads Up Football skills from USA Football coaches and will participate in activities with the players.

For the first time in this annual predraft event, two Thursday evening clinics are open for public registration. A parent or legal guardian may sign up his/her child (ages 6-13) at www.1iota.com. Space is limited.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

61 Responses to “Draft Prospects Include 6 with Green/White Ties”

1. By Tom Spicer on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

“Mark Sanchez believes the Jets deserve a large part of the blame for the Tim Tebow story becoming larger than life last season.He’s right, of course. “(ESPN) didn’t necessarily sneak in overnight at our training camp,” Sanchez said on FOX Sports Radio. “They had to get permission to go. You can avoid that stuff on your own if you like, in my opinion” He is right the Jets could have avoided all of this but the owner wants the back page.

2. By Tom Spicer on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Two sources told Yahoo’s Jason Cole that the Jets will likely need a trade in place by “early next week” in order to secure the Bucs’ No. 13 overall pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis (ACL surgery).
    “Because of the knee injury, this isn’t a really simple transaction,” one source said. “No matter what the (Jets’) MRI on Revis’ knee showed Monday, any team that picks him up is going to want to do its own work and some very thorough work. There’s a lot at stake.” The Bucs will insist on giving Revis a physical at their own facility. Added the second source, “This would be almost impossible to pull off on draft day if people are thinking it’s going to happen that way.”

3. By Tom Spicer on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

“Some execs” around the league believe the Jets could wind up drafting West Virginia QB Geno Smith and WR Tavon Austin once they land the Buccaneers’ first-rounder at No. 13 overall.
    After the Darrelle Revis deal, the Jets will be working with the Nos. 9 and 13 picks. If Geno gets past the Browns (No. 6) and Bills (No. 8), the Jets could grab him at 9 and potentially land Austin if he slides beyond the Dolphins at 12. All of these scenarios involve “ifs” and nothing is certain, but landing two offensive playmakers might be new Jets GM John Idzik’s ideal scenario.

4. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

RANDY if Mat Ryan did fall to the FA slot he may end up being a good choice. His dad was a good QB and I am sure his dad gave him some great tips. The draft starts in 5 days. Lets see if we draft smartly.

5. By Tom Spicer on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Gary C, You have said that none of the QBs coming out this year are going to be good. Well I dont know who will be good but I will tell you this. At the end of next season when at least 2 QBS out of this years crop are not just good NFL QBS but very good NFL QBS. I am going to let you know about it!

6. By Tom Spicer on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Gary C, You have also taken shots at Jarvis Jones while pumping up Werner. 1 Jones did way better than Werner vs way better talent (ACC VS SEC) 2 Werner is not a 3-4 OLB 3 Not only is Jones a 3-4 OLB but he played 1 in college so there is no worry about “oh can he make the switch”

7. By scjoe on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Speaking about Pat Ryan, the thing that stands out most to me was his joining the “replacement players” during the strike of 1982. I still believe if he hadn’t done that, the NYJ would not have made it to the playoff’s in that strike shortened season.

8. By scjoe on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

It is quite obvious that Idzik is taking a very conservative approach in his first season as GM. That being said, you have to wonder if players like Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, Ezekiel Ansah, maybe even Mingo would be on the radar at #9. I am leaning more and more toward the notion that he will not gamble at all with that top pick. So, even though I wouldn’t want to see Warmack or Cooper in that spot, I am afraid my opinion don’t count. Hopefully Dion Jordan slips to #9. Just can’t see them passing him up.

9. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

SCJOE your right about Pat Ryan, and just maybe his son is the sleeper as a QB this year. No father doesn’t work with his son and give them some valuable pointers. Did you look at the stats on his kid Jake Ryan, not bad at all. As for Jordon he would be a good choice in the #9 spot. BUT… I know how you feel about Jarvis Jones spinal condition but he was very productive this past season and it is going to be hard for the IDZIK to pass him up as well. As for REVIS. TOM i believe the JETS would alow TAMPA to give him a medical if they are serious about trading him. The next week will tell. I want to make a correction on a mistake that I made the draft is not in 5 days it is in 7 days…

10. By GaryC on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Tom Spicer,only,as they say,time will tell,I will stick by Woerner being better then Jones,it will be interesting to see where they get drafted.As for the quarterbacks,hey again,who knows,no one had Christian Ponder selected in the top ten a couple of years ago either,another Florida State qb,like Kanell,Brad Johnson,Charlie Ward.I am just not putting my number one pick on any of them.Getting back to Jarvis Jones,I like Ogletree his teammate a little more,who I believe might be taken before Te’o.

11. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

(CONTINUED) As for MS’s statement I agree with him. (I am not a big MS fan) but the JETS are to blame for creating this circus by bringing in TT. It not only distracted MS but the entire team and the fans. The news media had a field day with this circus.

12. By GaryC on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Tom Spicer,the Acc is not exactly chopped liver,Julius Peppers,Philip Rivers,Adrian Wilson,Davis,the forty niner’s tight end are just a few who came out of the ACC,it is not the Big Sky conference.

13. By GaryC on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Tom Spicer,I see you are big on Geno Smith,what differentiates him from Jamarcus Russell who was thought of much more and went to the Sec,Scouts are saying they have some of the same traits,maybe there right,maybe not,but enough not to waste a high pick.

14. By MIKE on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

NFL Draft is my favourite sporting event without question. After so many years of hoping the Jets pick certain players at certain positions, I am not doing this anymore. I just want the Jets to pick players who will make an immediate impact on this team at any position.

Lets find out what John Idzik is made of in 6 days.

15. By IRA on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Only Randy could come up with player ties to former players from the Jets. Great job and that is why this is the most read site for Jets info. If they could get Trufant or Elam I would be thrilled.
    Jordan will be long gone before the Jets pick and I have said it way too much I would stay away from Mingo.
    Tom,
    If they go with a PR early Jones is my pick but his medical issue is something to be worried about. If not for that he could be a top 5 pick.
    I expect Ivory to be a Jet soon.
    GO JETS!!!!

16. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready to Draft Smart on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

If fans were able to put themselves in the shoes of execs, players, and owners, scjoe, they’d know you’re absolutely right about Idzik not taking any foolish chances with this yr’s draft. He’s the newest hire with the biggest deal and the least responsibility for what the team does this fall. He’d have to be crazy to buy into any “win-now” nonsense from Rex, the press, or anyone else. In fact, Woody wouldn’t have even given a 2nd interview to anyone who came on with a lot of bull about how competitive we can be in 2013. For all these reasons and more, Idzik will continue to play it cool — with the draft, with our previously motor-mouthed HC (who’s now reduced to decrying crimes against the Ravens), with the press, and even with us fans.

17. By kw65fan on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

I don’t usually read most sites with their writers and all their mock drafts. I listen to two people that are football men…former GM’s who were very successful in their careers in Casserly and Polian. of all the QB’s they say the actual one that is best in draft is Landry Jones. A 6’4″ , 230 and a rocket arm with a quick release and a very smart kid. Also saw an excerpt with him and Gruden looking at plays from Oklahoma games and Gruden was overly impressed with the kids arm…foot work and accuracy. That is now a 3rd football man that knows what they are talking about. If we can get this kid in second or third round and he is still on the board…I would grab him without hesitation.

18. By Fran'scan on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

Just read that the Jets are looking hard at Chris Ivory who just signed his tender with the saints & we may part with a 4th or 5th round pick for him. Definitely worth a chance in my opinion to complete our RB stable and concentrate on OL, LB and a solid TE in the draft. Now get Revis out of here by Thursday and Idzik gets a B + in my book for offseason moves. Extra Credit to an A + if we resign moore. Schedule looks tough I have to say ! GO Jets

19. By Mike Jet Vet on Apr 19, 2013 | Reply

You heard it here, if Mike Zordich go’s undrafted or very very late I want this kid here. I watched this kid through out his career, he runs though D/Lmen runs over LB’s DB’s can’t tackle him, I saw on more then one occasion him running for over 200 yards straight down hill nothing fancy, He’s just John Riggins in a bigger faster body.. Bank it

20. By ELI RODRIGUEZ--If it's FAIR and OPEN G-MAC will win. on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Hey Rex just worry about the Jets and let Baltimore fight its own battle.

21. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready to Draft AND Trade Smart on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

scjoe, Cimini reports that the Jets have never considered giving up a #2 for Ivory but they’ll part with a #5. He also says the Saints want a #4. If this is true, Idzik is obviously bargaining with them down to the smaller details, understanding — as Mr T did not — that draft picks shouldn’t just be unceremoniously tossed out. I believe he’s doing the same with the Revis trade, trying to make sure that we get the three best picks possible in the best yrs. I don’t know if he values a high pick next yr over this yr re the QB question. But my question for you is, are you telling me you don’t find this very refreshing and encouraging after the way Mr T operated re draft picks?

22. By GaryC on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

If you are looking for Green and White ties in this draft,don’t forget T.J.McDonald who is the son of Tim McDonald who is on the coaching staff,could be a third to fourth round selection,and both went to USC.

23. By Randy Lange on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Good point, GaryC. I’ll work that into the blog shortly.

24. By walt on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

I do not know about everyone else But I am sick and tired about being saturated with news about Sanchez Revis and Tebow.This SRT satuation has gone way beyond sanity.At last count there are about 73 players on the Jet Roster now and I would like to hear some news about the rest of the players on the Jets roster for a change.Please before we are bored beyond sanity.

25. By RONBO on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

SPICER & GARY C, your Jones vs.Werner debate is interesting. My feeling there is Jones is a better fit for our 3-4 schems as Werner is light for a D.E and I’m not convinced he is quick enough to play OLB.He reminds me a lot of G.McIntyre in terms of his skill set.The only issuewith J.Jones is the medical?Not being a Dr. I would have to assume if our Dr’s clear him I would go that way.personally, i would prefer Deon Jordan over both of them but he will likely go earlier between pic’s 3 & 5. i just think he is much faster and versatile!

26. By Frank on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Spicer who cares what Sanchez says? The same can be said of blow hard Rex who yet again injects himself in the middle of the Ravens/Broncos game and now Showalter is telling him to but out. Its really amazing…all our best coaches of the last 4 years are all gone…we let quality players and tough guys walk. We sign a virtual MASH unit and still have Rex and Sanchez honestly in all the years I have followed this team I have never been so disgusted with this franchise.
    Ira I agree 100% with Mingo I am baffled by the hype he didn’t get it done in college all of a sudden he will in the NFL this is pure folly. I still say we draft Jarvis Jones I don’t care about the stenosis the kid is a stud and HE GOT IT DONE in the SEC!!!!! NO SMITH!

27. By Frank on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

I know it won’t happen but I would rather dump Sanchez and play Tebow this year. There is nothing to lose…We all know Sanchez can’t carry a team and we know Tebow can carry a team. Rex set him up to fail last season and I think the kid can thrive in the right environment.

28. By GaryC on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

I will throw out a couple scenarios,not knowing how many picks the jets are getting.If they get the second number one and an extra two,what is wrong with Warmack,Ertz,Arthur Brown and for Tom Spicer,Glennon or Manual.If not trade number 9 for a lower end one and a high two and you can rake in Ertz,Hunter,Brown and maybe Matt Elam.

29. By GaryC on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Scjoe,this one is for you,If the jets draft Arthur Brown,will he be Uptown Arthur Brown,instead of Downtown Ollie Brown.

30. By Dr. Frank on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

We already have one “legacy” on the roster in Matt Simms. I liked Pat Ryan and if he goes undrafted there is no harm bringing him in, but I wouldn’t waste a draft pick on him. Been hearing alot about Tyler Wilson being the most ready quarterback to play in the pros in this draft. Evidently, he has been working on his play since Arkansas last game and was highly regarded at the beginning of the season. I think they just had a bad team this year and wouldn’t mind seeing him drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. Many like him better than Landry Jones. Last I heard, the Saints want a 2nd rounder for Ivory. He is pretty good, but I would rather keep the draft pick. There are lots of RB’s out there that can do what he can do, I think.

31. By MIKE on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Interesting stat I got from the bleacher report. 44% of Jets players drafted in last 5 years are no longer with team. That is unacceptable. I hope that problem left with Tanny.

I have to admit, no matter who the Jets take at 9 I will be happy as long as it isn’t a QB.

32. By scjoe on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

64, there is no way Idzik gives up a #2 for Ivory. I know that. A #5 would be great, a #4? Not so much, I think you get a decent RB at 4, maybe even Lattimore. In answer to your question about finding what Idzik is doing so far to be encouraging and refreshing, I will say that there really hasn’t been enough to draw a conclusion one way or another. I do like the conservative approach so far, but don’t agree on some of the FA deals “so far” I think the Revis issue and the draft will be 2 of the more significant telling points. I think in about 10 days from now we will have a much better indication of where he is coming from.

33. By scjoe on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

64Frank, not to sure Ryan even gets a look as an undrafted FA. That conference he plays in is way to weak. But one thing I always say is “never say never” I do like Matt Brown out of Illinois state at the bottom of the draft or as an UDFA

34. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready to Draft AND Trade Smart on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

MJV, it would be very nice to see the Jets make a smart pick of someone like Zorich at #6 or #7 instead of picking a WR friend of “Mark’s” who averaged a whopping 10 yds per catch on a nothing school.

35. By Tom Spicer on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Gary C, I am not big on Geno Smith I am big on the Jets taking the best player available when they pick.

36. By Tom Spicer on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Gary C, Comparing Jamarcus Russell to Geno Smith let me count the ways. Jamarcus is fat, lazy & has off the feild issues. Can you say any of these things about Geno Smith? Geno Smith from everything that I read is fit, fast,a hard worker, a leader & has no off of the feild issues. Now can you say any of those things about Jamarcus?

37. By scjoe on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

GaryC, you have a good memory. Dowtown Ollie Brown was a “good” player for the Giants, not a great one though.

38. By IRA on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Mike,
    Going back to the 06-09 draft the only drafted players left are Brick, Mangold, Harris, Revis for a few more days and Sanchez. Bad part about losing Keller and Greene was that they gave up picks to move up and get them. Besides some players that just didn’t work out if you look around the NFL besides franchise QB’s most players after their rookie contract is done they move on like D Coleman, Mizzou, Leon and others. Its hard to pay players like that once they hit free agency. Its the way of the league. But remember the Jets are the 8th best drafting team since 1994. Thats excellent problem is they have made some bad picks with some very early selecctions.
    Frank,
    Keep the Faith!
    GO JETS!!!!

39. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

SCJOE I don’t dispute he is in a weak division, but every once in awhile you do get a surprise. He was mentioned which means someone looked at him. FRIDAY will tell how well IDZIK will draft. I am looking forward to the draft. I have NO MORE speculations on who is who. Now its a matter of FRIDAY….

40. By GaryC on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

Tom Spicer,not busting chops here,but with Russell,if he had all those traits at the time would he have been the number one pick.We are talking about the Raiders,though,but Nolan Nawrocki says the same about Smith,and you know he gets his information from the football fraternity.

41. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for a Smart Draft on Apr 20, 2013 | Reply

No doubt the next 10 days are key, scjoe, but it Mr T was still here we wouldn’t even care what we were going to do with our 2 or 3 picks. As for Frank’s ranting post, of which I fully approve, I also submit it as Exhibit A with respect to how Rex’s ineptitude as a HC in both skills and temperament can drive a Jet fan round the twist.

42. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

64 TOM, well put based on Rex’s ineptitude as a HC… Only the JETS front office in the past have worshiped RR. Now that IDZIK is here RR has been quitte compared to previous years as a HC. I do not know of any other owner in the NFL that would have put up with his attitude and btagging, I will even throw in the Canadian FBL. Tyler Wilson will be available in the 2jnd round maybe even in the 3rd round. In today’s USA Newspaper they showed the JETS needs. I feel us fans already knew these needs. IDZEK make us proud Friday… “LETS GO JETS”…

43. By Frank on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

I like the idea of trading back and accumulating more picks that would make the most sense in this draft. In doing so I still say I would like to see Glennon picked if he lasts into the third round and/or we have already gotten Tampa’s pick, traded back for more and we have made 2 or 3 picks before him. Then I would take him in the second round. The guy has the skills, measurables and most importantly the dedication to be a good QB.

44. By Mike Jet Vet on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

1964Frank, I don’t know how all this Rex Ryan stuff will play out, most here know how impatient I am with this mess called the NYJ, But my theory just to remind you why Woody Johnson has put up with RR not releasing him and won’t if he can do the impossible getting these players without much talent to win, like for instance his 1st 2 seasons with Sanchez at the helm , all the way to 2 AFC Championship games accomplishing what no other Jets coach in history has.then 8-8 Ok his last 6-10 . That;s far more then most any coach in a 4 year span, Maybe fair play has escaped your thought process like Tom 64. just saying

45. By Mike Jet Vet on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

cont. I will say it once again at the risk of sounding redundant, REX DESERVES AND HAS EARNED at the very least 2013 most owners wouldn’t even toy with the Idea of firing him ,

46. By Mike Jet Vet on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

Off topic, Bare with me on my last point, in trying to explain to the few here hoping Rex fails just to prove their right, 1st coaches all basically have the same knowledge of the game it’s more about talent and system in place adding to success with the very few exceptions going in either direction, So if those same few who know Idzik is the right guy on the right track then it doesn’t matter who the coach, Or maybe we should keep firing coaches for another 40 some odd years until we get it right, Common sense my friends, it does work

47. By RONBO on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

IRA, apparently you either didn’t read or chose to ignore my earlier post concerning your contention we are the 8th best drafting team.I would be willing to go back as far as say 10 years as thats all thats remotely relevent at this point.My post basically shoots to hell any rediculous suggestion that anybody connected to this front office(other than Idzik)has even demonstrated the sleightest clue of how to build a team!Have you looked at this roster lately?Come on Ira baby, you have got to be kidding? Right?Dude,nobody here cares about 1977!

48. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for a Smart Draft on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

NFL site just reported that the Revis deal will be finalized tonight or tomorrow morning, 64 Frank, so that’s how much Idzik gives a damn about Rex and his mouth.

49. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom for a Smart Draft on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

If we’d have stuck with Rex, MJV, all we’d have ever gotten is more talk about how “me and Mark are gonna be here for the next ten years” and how Revis should be named All-Time Greatest Defensive Player in the Galaxy. Whereas without Rex, Sanchez, and Revis and with Idzik seriously going about building A TEAM, NOT A FAN CLUB FOR TWO OR THREE GUYS, we actually have a chance of going somewhere over the next few yrs.

50. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

MIKE JET VET… I have not been a RR fan since he started with the team 4 years ago. I admit he did get us one game away from the playoffs, but as far as I am concerned he created a circus with his mouth right from the beginning. Mr Tan was most certainly a big part of the JETS decline over the years with his bad drafting of players. He created a salary cap that we have to struggle with over the next couple of years. REX was not all the blame, but he was apart of it. Last yhear he showed bad management when he kept MS in no matter how bad MS played. IDZIK on the other jand has taken control of the JETS in all respects and RR knows it. TOM 64 it finally happened the trade is on for REVIS and we will have 2 first round picks among

51. By By Jet Fan Since 1964 Frank on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

and additional 2nd rounder. Hope we get an extra 3rd rounder as well. Lets see who he drafts in the 1st round at 9 and 13 this Friday…. LETS GO JETS…

52. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready to Draft AND Trade Smart on Apr 21, 2013 | Reply

64 Frank, see my post to Ira on the story ahead of this one on how I think the Jets may trade down one of those top picks. Ira has a good take on how doing so might enable us to get a QB. Indeed, if we traded the #13 for 2 lower picks, we could afford to take somebody like Manuel at 9, if we think he rates that high a pick, because then we’d have 4 more picks before #72.

53. By MIKE on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

First off congrats to Revis on getting his deal. I am sure he will earn it.

Secondly, good bye to Revis who is in my opinion the best Jet that has ever played, even Namath. No player of the Jets in any era was as at the top of there respective position for so long . Over the last 4 years there wasn’t any other CB whom was really ever in his class since Champ lost a step.

3rd, How John Idzik got this deal done relatively quietly for a NY team was amazing.

4th 9th Jordan/Mingo
    13th Millner/ Rhodes
    37th Warford
    72nd Ryan Nassib/ Tyler Bray

54. By russ on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

For what its worth a power guard and best runningback in draft will go a long way in helping both quarterback and defense…I would rather build my “house ” first before “marrying” a new quarterback…

55. By russ on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

jistory has given such drafts as O’Brien over Marino and recent draft reaches lwithout substance as Kyle Wildon Kendrick Ellis Joe McKnight etc, I hope that we stop projecting greatness onplayers before they play and with this years draft begin by thinking a quarterback is a priority when none of them have the pedigree of a Manning, Elway or a recent pick like Luck…Any Montana or Brady will probably be there in the 4th or 6th rounds like they always are…

56. By Eric Smyth on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

there is a rumor going around that the jets are trying to move out of the 9 spot now that they have the 13 from tampa, was wondering if theres any truth to that and was also thinking about marcus lattimore in the 3rd round if the ivory deal doesnt happen. i know he’s going through a pretty serious knee injury and all but he seems to be progressing off of that just as well as darrelle is on his injury.. thoughts?

57. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Ready to Draft AND Trade Smart on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

russ, it’s Rex who’s done most of the “projecting greatness onto players before they play” — oh yeah, and Mr T, who couldn’t stop crowing about Schauderaff last yr at this time. I think it should be obvious by now that Idzik, like it says in the TAO TE CHING, “doesn’t talk, he acts,” in line with the point MIKE makes above about how he pulled the Revis deal off in the face of an army of negative harpies in the press…and a few on this site…

58. By russ on Apr 22, 2013 | Reply

Dont be surprised is we trad 9 pick for three picks from San Fran this year and two next year…..

59. By GivingEmTheBusiness on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

Jets, please stick with the safe pick and get the highest rated player, Warmack, a Guard. Don’t be stupid and go with a Mingo or Ansah, another boom or bust project that are usually busts (Maybin, Gholston, etc.)

60. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom 2 Days from Big Changes on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

Wow, russ, is there any intel on that possible move? I don’t know if SF would actually give up half that much for the #9, but I’ll sure take it! Of course, you could just be pulling my leg and I’d easily be fooled, given how great it would be to actually see the Jets stockpile draft picks for the next couple of years…

61. By russ on Apr 23, 2013 | Reply

Jet Fan..my thoughts are they want Pass rusher ..we want to fill our team…they have 13 picks nearing salary cap afternext year…