• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Inside the Jets

• Wed., Sep. 24, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

• Wed., Sep. 24, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Jets Extra Point Analysis of the previous week’s game and exclusive interivews with Jets players and coaches
  • Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan

A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup

• Fri., Sep. 26, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sat., Sep. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Jets Game Plan A comprehensive look ahead at the week's upcoming matchup
  • Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EDT Jets Post Game: Lions at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Jets Post Game: Lions at Jets Reactions and on-field interviews with Jets players immediately following every Jets game
  • Mon., Sep. 29, 2014 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM EDT Jets Open Mic

Exclusive live "start-to-finish" coverage of Rex Ryan's press conferences

Sanchez Wishes Garrard ‘Nothing but the Best’

Posted by Randy Lange on May 16, 2013 – 1:25 pm

Updated, 2:30 p.m. ET

Today just happened to be a media day in the locker room at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center. On media days, quarterbacks are front and center. One of the Jets’ veteran QBs, Mark Sanchez, was available. One of the other Jets vets, David Garrard, was not in the building.

“It was a little bit abrupt,” Sanchez said of Garrard “having to call it quits” because his knee “is not holding up,” as he said in his widely circulated text response to a question from SNY’s Adam Schein, adding that Garrard’s departure wasn’t something he saw coming. “He worked hard and he battled through some pain, it sounds like. Other than that, I don’t want to speak for David.”

But No. 6 did speak about Garrard, the nine-year QB for the Jaguars who signed with the Jets the week of the draft with the aim of providing competition at the position for the Jets heading deeper into the 2013 offseason and preseason schedule.

“David worked hard and he had a great attitude,” Sanchez said. “He was one of those guys I felt I’d be able to bounce my ideas off of, having that kind of experience. It’s tough to see a guy go like that. You just wish him the best, health-wise first. He’s played a long time in this league and did a heck of a job. So it was great to be around him the short time I had with him. I wish him nothing but the best.”

Garrard actually did speak, although not to Jets reporters in Florham Park, N.J. He talked with Bruce Murray and Rich Gannon on SiriusXM NFL Radio this afternoon and told them his knee, while it was well enough for him to run around, continued to swell on him.

“I thought, ‘I look pretty good right now. Maybe if I get on with the team, the treatment that they have there, the round-the-clock treatments you pretty much get, that should probably help me out.’ ” Garrard said. “So that’s how I was thinking. When it was healthy, when I was able to go out and participate in practice and run around. I mean, I looked great, I was excited and ready to go.

“But then I’d get four or five days of good work on it in and then the next two days it’s swollen and I have to do everything I can to get the swelling out.  Start the next week over and it would just be the same process every time. And so it was never allowing me to just go on and play without any worries. So I just kept thinking, ‘How am I going to compete for the starting job if every four days I’ve got to stop and have an ice bag on my knee while the guys are practicing?’ ”

The Jets still have not made any official comment about Garrard’s status. But if the man who wore No. 9 for less than a month isn’t returning, the QB depth chart at the moment is now at four, with Sanchez beginning his fifth year the clear veteran of the group that includes third-year man Greg McElroy, second-round draft pick Geno Smith and first-year free agent Matt Simms.

“Nothing’s changed. My mindset’s the same,” Sanchez said about his approach assuming Garrard’s taking himself out of the picture. “Stay focused, master this offense, improve on the fundamentals, be as accurate as possible, take care of the football, and lead this team.”

Garrett “Gets a Family”

Last season LB Garrett McIntyre got his first two-sack game and his first two tackles for loss of his career. Last week he celebrated another double as his wife, August, gave birth to their first two children.

“Twin daughters,” proud papa Garrett beamed at his locker. “Summer and Harper McIntyre. They were born May 7 back in Cali. A little premature, but they’re in the NICU [neonatal intensive care unit] and are doing great.”

Congratulations to the McIntyres, all four of them. And now, Garrett, back to work on orchestrating that first two-touchdown game of your career.

17 Again

WR Jordan White has returned to uniform No. 17, the number he began with last season as the Jets’ seventh-round WR out of Western Michigan. WR Marcus Davis, just acquired on waivers, is No. 89.

Tags: , , , ,

58 Responses to “Sanchez Wishes Garrard ‘Nothing but the Best’”

1. By Karan on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Don’t be surprised if the Jets add another veteran QB to the mix since Garrard is now out. I wouldn’t be surprised if they add a Bryon Leftwich, a Charlie Batch or a Brian Hoyer for veteran depth. Just please stay away from Jamarcus Russell or a Tim Tebow. Yes, Tebow was released but it IS the Jets and it IS Woody Johnson, so you never know.

2. By Karan on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Pretty much of all mankind hates Mark Sanchez now, Steve Smith, the state of NY especially, a random guy in Japan who doesn’t even know what American Football is. Feel truly bad for the kid. I know he’s stunk it up really bad the last two years, but no one deserves the type of bashing he is getting, shows an ugly side of society. I really hope Marty M. fixes him and gets his confidence back. Hopefully Idzik will add a WR in Edwards and a veteran TE which is much needed now. No idea if Sanchez will be on the roster, I just hope he proves everyone wrong and shows he is capable of bringing this team back to where they were in 2009 and 2010. Yes, the D and O-line, receivers, etc were solid too those two years, but the guy still made…………

3. By Karan on May 16, 2013 | Reply

…………big plays, stepped up in the playoffs. I don’t think John Idzik fully supports MS by the sound of it but I believe Geno will be starting sooner rather than later. Smith doesn’t seem so bad, I know the coaches definitely like him. Whatever the competition is now, may the best man win.

4. By IRA on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Karan,
    Not that i would suggest getting Tebow but it sure would have been interesting to see what they might have done with Tebow if he were still on the roster today.

5. By ELI RODRIGUEZ--If it's FAIR and OPEN G-MAC will win. on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Here’s my 2 cents– if D.Gerrard takes the coaching job, I’ll say his retirement was the knee–if not then we must agree something else went down. D.Gerrard was very careful in praising GS–saying he WILL be good but has A LOT to learn. I honestly believe that M.S. is the luckiest–worse QB in the world. Doubt, they bring in another QB.

6. By Tkts Since 64 on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Sorry to see him go – or not to have seen him (in green) at all, really. Don’t bring in another QB. We need to see what we have now. Veteran Sanchez, rookie Smith, near-rookie McElroy, and whatever one calls Sims – four choices are plenty. They should each receive enough reps and a good look.

7. By Jake on May 16, 2013 | Reply

If Idzik is the GM that we all hope he is, he will tell Rex to make sure G-Mac gets a fair number of reps with ones to be considered for the starting Job. For what ever reason Rex has never even suited up McElroy in most games. I saw Greg is sweats in Seattle on the sidelines as both Sanchez and Tebow got pummeled

8. By MIKE on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Garrard retiring is a major setback for this team. With Garrard, the team had the veteran presence in the locker room and would push Sanchez and Smith a little harder. It won’t take much for Smith to win the QB competition now. Know body wants MS to play including Rex.

With all due respect to David Garrard, if your gonna bring in a QB consultant to help the 3 young QB’s I would bring in Pennington. Pennington had the respect of the organization and the fans plus has a very high football IQ. Your not gonna bring in a much better role model than Chad.

9. By scjoe on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Mark Sanchez would fit in nicely as a politician after his playing days are over, he said what was politically correct but meant none of it. What he was thinking in reality was “great, all I have to do now is beat out a rook, and a BU that I know will get hardly any reps and I am home free again”. If Idzik is as brilliant as a couple here swear to, then he should go all ahead full with Geno Smith and declare Sanchez as the BU, until, or if, he can get a late round pick for him in the 2014 draft. If Smith responds, fine! If not, find his replacement in 2014.

10. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Really Worried About Picking up a Cast-Off Vet QB on May 16, 2013 | Reply

Mark Schein on the NFL site:”Quietly, Idzik has had a very good offseason. He eradicated bad players, bad contracts and bad influences in the locker room by making the necessary cuts and not bringing back underachieving free agents. Idzik signed and traded for low-budget players with upside. While I was concerned that Ryan had influence on the selections of Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson, a person from the Jets’ war room stresses these were Idzik picks. Plus, Idzik got a first-rounder for Revis when the entire universe knew he had to trade him. And Idzik is making over the Jets’ front office, a group that needed a massive clean-up.” As they used to say at the end of those Grade-Z sci-fi movies, “The end…of the beginning.”

11. By joeydefiant on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Bad for Garrard, good for the Jets. We didn’t need snaps wasted on a over the hill often injured QB. Let Sanchez and Smith battle it out for the starting job.

12. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Kareening from Karan on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Karan, in your posts above you entertain every possible QB outcome and even the impossible one of Tebow’s return. What is this, some kind of repentance for seeing things exclusively thru Sanchez-colored glasses for the last 4 yrs? Well, you’ve neglected one distinct possibility: Smith gets some starts, doesn’t look that good, and has to go up against another high-drafted rookie in 2014. People who don’t think THIS is possible are, as usual, living in the eternal present. Idzik was part of an FO that went out and made a huge deal for Flynn, then drafted Wilson, who won the job, then dumped Flynn. Like anyone remotely in touch with NFL reality circa 2013, he knows if you ain’t got a great QB, everything else you got don’t add up to much.

13. By IRA on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Would love to see Garrard go to camp to help Lee with the QB’s. I think he would be a perfect mentor to Geno unless they sign a guy like Batch to compete and show the kid the ropes. Still think Edwards if MM like him could be a posibility if the bring in another veteran.
    Congrats to Garrett and his family. I think Garrett has turned into a good role player and should still be considered for one of the OLB spots if Coples doesn’t work out at OLB.
    GO JETS!!!!

14. By SCfromNY on May 17, 2013 | Reply

I admit that I would not want the Jets to bring in another QB. I know McElroy seems to be getting less and less support but I would like to see him given a chance. If he fails then we will all know.My dream, unlikely, McElroy starts, Smith learns this year, Sanchez holds clipboard. I don’t know if Sanchez can ever be a stating QB now. I just remember what a few bad years did ti David Carr and IMO Carr was a better QB than Sanchez. Sanchez like Carr i feel is doomed to being a quality backup from now on.

15. By JetBlu on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Garrard was never going to lead this team anywhere so its probably better that he exit now so we can move on with the process of finding a starting QB for the future. The only question is whether it will be Geno. If not, back to the draft next year. Sanchez can phoney it up as much as he wants but he knows he’s done here. He had his chance to shine but proved only that he is a mediocre athlete & and a very poor QB. He does nothing well and in this league you have to at least have some strengths. Can’t run, can’t read D, can’t throw down-field, can’t throw accurately, can’t move in the pocket. Other than that, he’s good to go…..and he should take Rex with him.

16. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Kareening from Karan on May 17, 2013 | Reply

I like these fighting words from McKnight and even from Sanchez about winning their jobs come hell or high water. It sure beats the complacency of the last few years in which players could either repeat the same nonsense because Rex had their backs no matter how badly they played (Sanchez) or nothing they said mattered in the face of Rex’s loony talk and/or use of them (McKnight).

17. By IRA on May 17, 2013 | Reply

I really like what they have done with the RB group. I was just looking over Ivory’s career stats and he has 256 carries-1307 yds-5.1 per- -8 TD’s which in my opinion is very possible for a season for him. I would think he would get about 15-18 carries per game which would put him at that 256 or so attempt mark. And if he can keep up that 5 yds per carry he should reach those type of numbers.

18. By Paul N on May 17, 2013 | Reply

How bad does an organization have to be for a 35 yr old qb to retire instead of standing on the sideline with a clipboard? Let’s face it, with the drafting of Smith and the roster price of Sanchez, Gerrard was not going to see the field! Oh well, another Jet QB situation! Nothing new there!

19. By GaryC on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Do we really need Garrard,the jets gave the salvation army a load of wheelchairs after we discarded some of our ancient mariners already.

20. By Allan O'Dane on May 17, 2013 | Reply

SCfromNY, I said the samething in the previous post. I’m quietly rooting for G-Mac. He fits right into the WCO. I mentioned before you don’t need a big arm in this system. You need a good pass catching RB and a TE who can get open for you. We all know that Smith will be the starting QB at some point this season. I just want him to beat out Sanchez. And like 64Tom stated above..If Smith fails to be the #1 so what? he was a 2nd round draft pick..In 2014 Idzik will just go ahead and draft another qb..who knows..Bridgewater? Manizel?

21. By Allan O'Dane on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Jake.GMAC was in Rex Ryan’s doghouse since that live interview McElory did on a Alabama radio show. He basically called out his teamates..As I usually frown on such things ( I believe in keeping it in house ) He was a rookie..and rookies have no clout..let alone a backup rookie QB. He called it as it was, a bunch of selfish guys who were turning this team inside out. He’s never seen anything like this in his whole football career. He was a winner in H.S..a winner in college. Beside LT he was the only one who wasn’t afraid to put his name on it.

22. By Allan O'Dane on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Sanchez needs to give it a break..why don’t you say what you really want to say ” Whew..glad David is gone, now I only have to try to beat out a rookie and a QB Rex doesn’t like”..I know Idzik will bring in another veteran QB. Maybe not to beat out Sanchez but to help Smith/McElory…I’m sure Idzik is hoping that Geno wins the job. Wish they would just get rid of him already…..and his headband…

23. By scjoe on May 17, 2013 | Reply

64, just out of curiosity, you made a statement above to Karan suggesting that Geno Smith could in fact go up against another high round rookie in 2014, and stated, “people who think this is not possible “as usual” are living in the eternal present”. My question to you is, seeing as you used the term “as usual” who on this web site, has ever disputed that? And when? Because I have never heard anyone here state that it is “impossible” for Geno Smith to compete against another high round pick next year if he struggles mightily. Enlighten me, tell me who and when.

24. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on May 17, 2013 | Reply

No. 9 pick CB Dee Milliner has fired his agents.
    Per the New York Daily News, it was not because Milliner was unhappy with his draft position. It’s just a reminder that players switch agents all the time, and that the handwringing over Geno Smith’s decision to find new representation was utterly absurd.

25. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on May 17, 2013 | Reply

News 12 New Jersey reports Jets RB Mike Goodson was arrested for marijuana and weapons possession early Friday morning. Goodson and a friend were allegedly “found intoxicated in an SUV” along a Denville, NJ highway. Goodson was reportedly so drunk that he had to be hospitalized, while his gun was loaded with hollow point bullets. Goodson was a passenger in the vehicle. The driver was charged with DUI. Goodson is facing serious charges, perhaps even the kind that could imperil a reserve running back’s roster spot. At the very least, he’ll be facing a suspension if found guilty

26. By scjoe on May 17, 2013 | Reply

64, in that story you mentioned by “Adam” Schein, he also states that his sources tell him that Garrard was winning that QB competition, “no question,” and it was a huge blow to the NYJ when he left the team. That said, you know now how real Jet fans feel about how this played out. It goes way beyond the fact that Garrard was a “stopgap” player who came cheap, and that his kind are “a dime a dozen” To us real Jet fans it meant they could compete from day 1. See, winning or at least competing is what it is all about, NOT playing to lose so you can get a top 2 or 3 pick in 2014.

27. By MMSection250A on May 17, 2013 | Reply

I am so sick of this “competition is going to fix everything” they are throwing out there. MS was a good quarterback until the Jets broke him. Competition isn’t going to fix him, maybe try putting some blockers in front of him, or giving him a reliable running back, or a big strong tight end, or WR’s that don’t break the minute they are hit or can’t hold on to a pass. Maybe they should try not putting in his head every second “don’t go out there and lose the game for us”.

As far as every other position… note to Jets … pitting 5 third string players against each other will not produce one pro bowl starter.

28. By IRA on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Well i like what they did with the RB group minus one i guess. If reports are fact its a shame. Hope Woodson can get the help he needs.

29. By jetsfan80 on May 17, 2013 | Reply

In MS’s defense, he’s no worse than David Carr. MS never had Andre Johnson to throw to. Sad to hear Garrard’s days are done. Time to let MS, Smith and McElroy/Simms compete for the spot. I’m very upset about the Goodson news this morning. Randy, can the Jets recoup any of that 6.9 million salary if he is released? If so, Idzik should use that money on the best TE or S still available.

30. By JetPete on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Reports are in that Goodson is in deep doo doo, My take is if found guilty and is true we must let him go. The jet culture has to change. No more circus!!

31. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Kareening from Karan on May 17, 2013 | Reply

scjoe, since I work at home and almost exclusively on a computer and the phone, the Jets website comes in handy, so I read it a lot. And just yesterday somebody on this site said that anyone who says we’re drafting another QB in 2014 is dreaming, so I guess you missed that. But one can also see by the hysteria here and elsewhere surrounding the QB situation — the unhinged Sanchez defenders, the shoot-from-the-hip Smith attackers — that some Jet fans still haven’t bothered to check out Idzik’s resume, which is the first thing I do on anybody in anything when they enter the picture. And what he helped to do re Flynn, Wilson, and Flynn’s abrupt benching says quite a bit about how he’s likely to handle the QB situation here.

32. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Kareening from Karan on May 17, 2013 | Reply

As for competing this yr under the stellar leadership of Garrard, scjoe, well, I think you’ll go a long way before you find too many folks on this site or anywhere else who think he was gonna be the key to the Lombardi in 2013. And like Allan pointed out yesterday, there are a host of vet QBs available who are just as good if not better, and in most cases healthier, than Garrard. And there will be more of them available in July and August, when it’s not inconceivable we could get one of them and unload Sanchez. But back to competing, yes, my view these days is that the minute you’re out of the playoffs, you unload the bench and stop worrying about the W-L record because the worst thing for a weak team is a 8-8 record and no post-season.

33. By wayne on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Congrats to mom and dad….Since Garrett’s daughters were born on my birthday, they help but be healthy, beautiful, and one day very successful ladies….

34. By GaryC on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Goodson,another one of these so called student athletes that we always here the NCAA talking about,seeing that he went to Texas A@ M,I wonder what his learning of agriculture and mining had to do with this.was he cultivating hops.

35. By danny on May 17, 2013 | Reply

Goodson final had his chance to play, signs a 9 million 3 yr contract and throws it all away. What a shame I mean someone like myself would love to be in his shoes no way would i throw that away like he just did. So stupid and i was looking forward to seeing him play for us this yr. Oh well

36. By Mike Jet Vet on May 17, 2013 | Reply

OK, Garrard’s health was over looked, now Goodson in all sorts of trouble Guess what. starting to think Idzik is not what he been built up to be. Lets see.what all his supporters will have to say 2 of 4 FA’s are finished. is he doing any real background checks or what? SO far Greene Pace Bart Thomas are all stars in comparison to what I’m seeing so far, But, lets continue to blame Rex and give idzik a pass, isn’t that’s what hypocrites do

37. By Charliejet on May 18, 2013 | Reply

Karan – I hear you on Sanchez. However, Sanchez came out way too early for the Pros and he has no one to blame but himself on that “side of the ball” (no pun intended) that has always been my contention. He was too green – not Jet green ready….

38. By GaryC on May 18, 2013 | Reply

Bye,Bye Goodson if Idzik is smart,any other Knuckleheads in the clubhouse need to be shown it really is a new regime and this garbage will not be tolerated.

39. By viveca on May 18, 2013 | Reply

I totally agree with Karan- enough is enough when it comes to Mark.Stop piling it on! He might never become a great qb but he’s handled himself with class in what must’ve been a very tough situation. Steve Smith comments are totally uncalled for. It reflects poorly on him, not on Mark. I’ve never heard Mark badmouth his teamates or blame his failure on other people. His career with the Jets might be over, but I wish him the very best for the future.

40. By Mike Jet Vet on May 19, 2013 | Reply

GaryC this also go’s for Tom64 and Jetblu64, if idzik was smart he would have gave Goodson a viable back round check, as well as a viable physical to all Fa’s so far he
    s batting 50% obviously he didn’t do his Job but lets keep calling Rex incompetent, how about practicing on with guys what you peach on guys you don’t approve of, you lack credibility other wise

41. By scjoe on May 19, 2013 | Reply

GaryC, I think most everyone can see right through that term “STUDENT athlete”

42. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom Waiting for QB Change on May 19, 2013 | Reply

GaryC, Cimini makes a good pt today about how Idzik would be much wiser letting the league take care of Goodson by way of a suspension or whatever. He also pts out that Garrard and Goodson cost us almost nothing. But true to form, MJV looks at the almost entirely inconsequential loss of Garrard and Goodson — backup QBs and journeyman RBs being the two easiest things to find — and sees disaster for Idzik. Randy apparently isn’t printing a post of mine in which I cited the Stockholm Syndrome-like mindset of so many Jet fans, who read the most contrived predictions of disaster for the Jets in the New York press and then repeat it like automatons. As long as the Jets have fans like this, they’ll continue to be a joke.

43. By Jake on May 19, 2013 | Reply

I don’t really care who is at QB. I Believe McElroy will give us the best chance to win but we haven’t seen anywhere near enough of him to tell. Idzik seems like a smart guy and will evaluate all the talent on the roster instead of letting players rest on their past and starting them because they are familiar, like Rex did. That being said I just want who ever starts to be able to move the ball in the 1st quarter. I’m so tired of waiting until the 3rd quarter, if ever, to score. I don’t have to state the obvious because most on this site has seen the games, and are the most knowledgeable fans around. Unfortunately, we don’t really have any other choice but to be a Jet fan. I know I’m stuck. Go JETS!!!

44. By GaryC on May 19, 2013 | Reply

scjoe,your right,lets call them STEWED ATHLETES,MJV,I already stated I am a pro Ryan guy,as for guys saying Goodson didn’t know what was in car,DID HE HAVE A HEAD COLD,couldn’t smell the weed.

45. By GaryC on May 19, 2013 | Reply

Jetfantom,sorry,cannot back you are this one,Woody is paying this knucklehead,he should be showing him the door.

46. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom With His Eyes on the Prize on May 19, 2013 | Reply

Still believing everything you read in Cimini’s pieces, MJV, instead of reading it and applying your own analysis? But then, anyone who could believe that any NFL team doesn’t do a full background check on every player who walks into camp — I guess you haven’t read pieces in recent yrs about teams asking guys about their sexuality (this yr) or if their mothers have a visible means of support (last yr) — probably isn’t much for analysis. My problem with the Jets background checks has been doing them and leaping off a cliff anyway, like picking Ellis so high when he had a shot at being deported. I don’t know why I’m even bothering to respond to you, though, since you’ll have nothing to say as usual when the loss of Goodson amounts to zero.

47. By Mike Jet Vet on May 19, 2013 | Reply

Tom64, just countering your man crush on a GM who like you accuse Rex of, has accomplished notta nothing. but of course you’re going to play it down like it means nothing, wonder how you would react if it were Mike -T or Rex picking these players 2 of idziks Pickups with not even a snap are finished that’s what it’s about you know it, so end the drama and syndrome nonsense already man up .

48. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom With His Eyes on the Prize on May 20, 2013 | Reply

MJV, somebody on the story ahead of this one talks about how Goodson had no alcohol in his blood, was a passenger in the car, and has testified that he had no prior knowledge of what his friend had in the car. Maybe that’s why the Jets haven’t commented on the arrest yet. Not that I expect you to wait for any facts before you freak out hysterically like you do about everything else.

49. By GaryC on May 20, 2013 | Reply

MJV,this will make you happy,for those who want to dump Ryan and are always saying the giants due the right thing,Jet Fans would have dumped Coughlin also,before he won his Super Bowls,he was on shakier ground then a melting iceberg and the Giants stayed the course,but some here do not have the same patience with our head coach.

50. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom With His Eyes on the Prize on May 20, 2013 | Reply

Coughlin knew something about scoring pts, GaryC, something Rex didn’t show much interest in until Sanchez started playing like a high-school backup.

51. By Mike Jet Vet on May 20, 2013 | Reply

I appreciate you GaryC your a man after my own heart. I know you know what I’m about and were I’m coming from it’s about fair and balanced. ^4 will just keep up the charade forever covering himself, Myself Scjoe even Spicer and now you have admitted being wrong at one point or another with 64 it’s taboo Kudos man

52. By GaryC on May 21, 2013 | Reply

JetFanTom,is this the last year you give Newton to get his team to the playoffs before you throw him under the bus,and by the way,you have convienently avoided my question,as to the quarterbacks who will follow Sanchez who are so much better,as per your college friend,can you supply names.

53. By GaryC on May 21, 2013 | Reply

JetFanTom,as an appendage to my previous comment,Barkley and Matt Wittick are the only two names I have come up with who followed Sanchez at USC,until further notice,better,we will have to see.

54. By GaryC on May 21, 2013 | Reply

JetFanTom,here is one more point on Coughlin,he DID HAVE GROUND AND POUND WITH JACOBS AND BRADSHAW,that led to them scoring points,remember,Eli could ball fake very easily which led to Plastico,Toomer and Shockey being wide open.

55. By RONBO on May 21, 2013 | Reply

MJV, hey, dont forget me in the “I was wrong club!” You guys know my feelings on Rex (not a fan) but I respect your opinion and completely understand why you feel the way you feel! You said it best when you said to JetBue; “like him or not he is the coach” so lets just see what happans!” As much as I’ve heard enough of the bluster and the loss of control, like you guys I’m hopful he can get it together as I do like him as a man, and for his love for the team and it’s players.Rex has his failings but he is certianly not the sole reason for this teams recent failures.

56. By Mike Jet Vet on May 21, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo I gave you love, for one of your posts about week or so ago . I know you understand what it’s all about, Now if only we can 64on broad and admit, he has been wrong on occasion, we can all get back to being one happy family once again , for at the end of the day we all want the same thing JETS WINNING A SB GO JETS

57. By danny on May 21, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo I agree with u 100 percent about Rex. I loved him his first few yrs but now I am unsure with him. I think he played a big part in why I don’t feel the same but it’s not all his fault. I do think he’s a great DC and needs to run our Defense and trust MM with the offense. Being a HC is a huge step up from a coordinator and even the great BB” who was a great DC for the Giants under parcells” struggled his first few yrs adjusting but now look at his sucess. I do think he deserves this yr to see what he can do with the new talent we have and see if he learned from his mistakes just lke BB did his first time around in Cleveland. I’m sure cleveland wished they held onto BB and let him develop into the HC he has been in NE

58. By RONBO on May 22, 2013 | Reply

MJV, Yeah, I was just bustin your stones.In a perfect world we would all agree about everything, but that woud be oh so boreing. While I come here to read what my fellow Jets fans have to say, I must admit I do love a great debate to keep things interesting.Hey, I’m Irish-Italian so what you see is what you get. As for your ongoing debate with TOM64, everyone who comes here on a regular basis knows you guys are two of Randy’s best posters so while some will choose a side on a given topic i sense a great deal of respect for both of you. I know its hard sometimes to not take things personally.But I think it only gets ugly on occassion, because we are passionate fans who are sick & tired of loosing!