• Sat., Nov. 29, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Jets Game Plan – Only on SNY

• Mon., Dec. 08, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 15, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

• Mon., Dec. 29, 2014 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Inside the Jets

McDonough: Equal Parts Perspiration, Inspiration

Posted by Randy Lange on June 6, 2013 – 11:03 am

Two things can be said right off the bat about Jets DE Jake McDonough. He does his homework. And he takes inspiration wherever he finds it.

Both of those traits come together when the rookie free agent from Iowa State channels Mike DeVito just a little bit.

“Coming in here, I knew who wore No. 70 before I did,” McDonough told me this week. “I obviously checked into it. I know how Mike came in here as an undrafted rookie, just like me, and now he’s in Kansas City making a lot of money.

“For me, coming in as a free agent, Mike’s story inspired me. Maybe I can follow in his footsteps.”

The connection with DeVito was solidified during some video review in a defensive meeting after an OTA practice.

“I had made a play or something, and Rex said, ‘Attaboy, DeVito.’ “

Head coach Rex Ryan admitted to the flashback.

“This young man, I like him. He’s tough. He competes,” Ryan said recently. “You recognized the size, the length of the kid — he certainly looks the part.”

McDonough’s length is 6’5″. His weight, he wants any fan who checked out his ISU bio, is not 280, hasn’t been in a while, but is closer to 305-310. But that’s a good thing for how he’s being used these days.

“I was a noseguard in college. Now I’m a defensive end,” he said. “I’m playing a whole new position — and I’m loving it. Learning from Mo [Muhammad Wilkerson, of course] he’s a heck of a guy to learn from. Especially watching film of him and seeing how he does things inspires me to perfect my craft.”

McDonough did a fine job at his craft with the Cyclones. He didn’t miss a game his last three seasons, and after last season he was named Iowa State’s Defensive Lineman of the Year and was a first-teamer on the Big 12 coaches’ all-conference team.

Even more inspiration these days comes from DL coach Karl Dunbar, assisted by Jeff Weeks. Dunbar’s unit is starting to round into the kind of impact group he was known for when he coached with the Vikings.

“Karl’s the best D-line coach in the league, in my opinion,” Ryan said. “And I think you’re seeing all our linemen starting to take off under Karl’s tutelage.”

Needless to say, there won’t be a lot of loose spots on the 53-man roster come Sept. 8. But depending on how Quinton Coples is classified (DE or LB?) and where first-rounder Sheldon Richardson lines up, there could be a spot behind Wilkerson.

“If he doesn’t make the team,” said Ryan, “it’s not because of his work ethic or anything else. He’s a hard-playing kid.”

Tags: , , , , ,

59 Responses to “McDonough: Equal Parts Perspiration, Inspiration”

1. By IRA on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

McDonough would be a great story if he can make this team and provide depth along the DL.
    Getting back to McElroy i just don’t think he can make all the throws a starting QB needs to make to be a full time starter. He will get his shot at some point who knows maybe it will be this summer.

2. By jetsfan80 on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Sounds like we have another talented D lineman. Depth does not look to be a problem at DL. WR, however, is looking pretty thin. Why has Idzik not already signed Brandon Lloyd? We need a reliable veteran who can stay healthy and produce.

3. By russ on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

talent gets youin. passion keeps you there…GL Mc..

4. By danny on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

We have to sign a vet wr ASAP… If Holmes is healthy by week one we release the vet but our QB’s need a true pro especially Geno so he can learn plus Holmes may not be ready and I believe Kerley needs to stay in the slot to be effective. If Hill don’t step up we can run with say Lloyd with Holmes and Kerley in slot. I personally like how Braylon played for us but don’t think Idzik likes him or he would have signed already. We didn’t learn anything last yr with all the injuries I guess because it’s the same this yr so far. I would like to see Jordan White step his game up as he impressed me with his ability last preseason he just had some tough drops. If he can get his hands at a pro level he can make some noise I think.

5. By "Stayloaded" Rick on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Take back Braylon Edwards he’s good and healthy

6. By Mike Jet Vet on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Good to see Rex is concentrating on defense and defense alone again, I wouldn’t be surprised if this D becomes very good, His critics are finally going to realize what an asset he is to the development of the team, and believe it’s not Rex who’s job is at risk. OC GM and few others will have to pick up the slack and prove they are worth to Offense and ST’s what Rex is to the Defense

7. By scjoe on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Based on the numbers, it would be a long shot for McDonough to make the final roster, he would have to excel throughout camp and pre season to have any chance. The DL is with out doubt the most loaded. The WR position on the other hand appears to be, or at least “could be” a huge concern. I agree with jetsfan80, either Edwards (if healthy) or Lloyd needs to be signed at some point. Then, offer a #7 to Philly for Celek, and who knows?? Stranger things have happened.

8. By IRA on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

I think Davis is going to make a huge difference for the D this year. Just the added speed he brings will make the middle of that D so much faster. They can do a lot of things with him blitz and especially cover guys which has been a big problem in the middle of that D for a few years.

9. By ELI RODRIGUEZ--- on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

IRA, I remember back in the days when Flutie was too short or better yet when Jarmarcus Russell would be an ideal QB. The fact of the matter is, We never know what life has in store for any of us. Lets take M.S. for instance during the 09-10–He was in the right place at the right time, It’s like what they’re saying about the PATS offense THAT ANY QB WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL IN IT–we just don’t know. IRA, by your own admission, you said that you don’t think–(so you’re not 100% sure) The only way this whole McELROY thing will die is to give him a chance. WHICH IS WHAT HIS & TEBOW FANS EVER WANT. The Jets problem will always be IDENTITY– ACCOUNTABILITY– we just don’t have that.

10. By ELI RODRIGUEZ--- on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Oops my fault IRA—(I’m making reference to the idea that you believe G-MAC can’t make the throws and not THAT YOU DON’T THINK. No disrespect!

11. By IRA on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Eli,
    I respect what you say but many people either don’t know or factor in that the coaches see these guys at work 24/7 and know what they have or don’t have. Sure a few might slip through but that happens with every team not just the Jets. I have seen McElroy enough in practice to see at least in my zero to little football knowledge that he is what he is.

12. By Dan on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Ira, always respect your evenhanded account of things.

As for a vet WR, I say let the kids do their thing through mini-camp. See if anyone jumps out and surprises. Maybe we have a jewel in the making. Once we head to camp though I agree we need some vet WR help, even if one of the kids starts making his mark, As someone else said above, we can always dump the contract at cut down time. I just don’t want another scenario like last year!

13. By Frank on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Ira, the jury is out on Davis. He does have great speed but last year he was running up the wrong gaps and taking bad angles all of which is instinctual. If he doesn’t improve in those areas he won’t be an asset speed or no speed lets hope he improves or our LB core is not going to be good. I am not on board with Coples outside we should have drafted Jones.

14. By Paul N on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Look folks, this team is in transition, if not full blown re build mode! We will not be very competive, still lacking a lot of talent, especially on the offensive side of the ball!! If this kid has talent and is athletic enough, he could find a spot! The cuts this season are going to be awfully interesting!

15. By carolina jet fan on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

MJV–If Rex concentrates on “defence alone again” then we need to hire a head coach.

16. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

IRA, You are 100% right some guys will talk about McElroy but the bottom line is this. He does not have a strong enough arm to make all of the throws for a NFL starting QB. It is funny with all of the so called QB gurus on this site some who have claimed to play the position can not easily spot it out.

17. By IRA on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Frank,
    You are right on about Davis’ play last year. I think it was a learning year for him and we will see a big difference. He is too smart not to get it.
    Dan, It looks like thats their plan unless they sign somebody over the weekend. I think Idzik can not make the same mistake they did last year by not having enough depth at WR even though i think its safe to say the RB’s will be a big part of the passing game and they would love to run the ball a lot. You have your 1 and 2 already with health issues and the real hard work hasn’t even started. Trouble is there is really nothing that great out there now. You never know who will be cut in August. Bad part about that is either Geno or Mark might not be working with their guys and i am

18. By IRA on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

dead set on leaving Kerley in the slot. He is most effective there.

19. By IRA on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Reports are that Goodson will be cleared of the gun charges and i would guess his court date for other things won’t be set for 6 months or so. So if he can stay out of trouble i expect him to play. I am all for giving somebody a second chance depending what the issues are just hope the light came on for this guy now.

20. By kleckofan on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Carolina- you took the words right out of my mouth regarding Rex’s only being able to coach the defense. In my mind a HC has to at least understand it all, if not be involved in the day-to-day operations. Pulling an entire team together under one identity, cohesiveness, motivation, leadership, dealing w the media all must be part of the job description of HC. before you start banging on me again MJV, I like Rex (signed pic staring down at me), I simply don’t think he’s got HC chops. I do hope he returns the D to elite status and will have to in order to make up for the dearth of talent on O. I also believe the league has caught up to some of his “elaborate” schemes.

21. By RONBO on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

SPICER,Not sure who your talking about above regarding guys who played QB ? I was one of those that did play some Q.B in college, but I’m with you & Ira regarding Mac. I’ve seen a lot of his practice sessions and there is a distinct difference when he throws the same patters as Mark. Now Mark has a decent arm but by no means does he have a big arm. Ira also made a great point about what the coaches see in practice and the importance of the amount of reps each guy gets. With the new collective barganing agreement limiting the amount of practice session and the time restrictions,there is simply not enough time to give 4 guys a equal shot.i think thats why Simms was at least temporarily moved ahead of Mac.They basically know what Mac can do.

22. By scjoe on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Ok, here’s the thing with McElroy. I am not pro McElroy, I am not con McElroy. Some say he is not an NFL “starter” some say he don’t have the arm strength. Whether that is true or not I don’t know for sure, but what I do know is the NYJ do not have a Tom Brady, they have a Mark Sanchez, the NYJ do not have a Colin Kapernick, they have a Geno Smith. So, the only way to really solve the mystery is to give the guy some quality reps. Of course I don’t see that happening, so the mystery goes on until……he is released and given a chance by some one else.

23. By Mike Jet Vet on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

Tom, I believe your opinions on QB’s are suspect at best, I know if given the chance he will be far better then your boy Sanchez, no matter how good or bad his arm it’s more about knowledge of the game and reading defenses. I’ll give you a perfect example Chad Pennington,he never had a great or big arm, but he sure knew the game, But like all other QB’s drafted before Sanchez he will never get a shot, Because Geno will be the next Sanchez fail or not, This is why I can’t take the hypocrisy here at the radar, you all talk about competition yet, make judgements on players who haven’t had a chance to prove themselves..

24. By kw65fan on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

I must say Ira and Spicer you guys must have been busy and employed on the Jets coaching staff last 3 years to make such an assessment. Been out there for every practice..OTA…training camp since the media and fans are not there. Oh wait…you must have been employed by Alabama coaching staff as Mac led the Tide to 3 conference championships and a BCS title. Or was it in High School when he led his team to 2 State Championships. Must have been something that you know because it certainly wasn’t during a Jet game where he played a total of 5 quarters…led the team in one of them for a winning touchdown. the other 4 the OL forgot to block as he was blitzed upon practically everydown in that 3/4 quarter because they new he had NO

25. By kw65fan on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

experience and was essentially a rookie and his receivers couldn’t get separation with what he had. Oh yea, he got a fair chance over the years just like this year. Not involved at all in so-called competition just like Simms. You guys sure must have a lot of tape on him. That’s it, you work for a Scouting company.!!! All you are with this team are Fans like everyone else on this site. We like to put in your 2 cents here and there which is fair. But to say what his character is like…his physically ability…his thoughts….well, you know nothing about this.

26. By RONBO on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

KW65fan, i love your emotional responce regarding Mac as its refreshing to see. The problem is I dont think anyone is being critical of Mac;s character?There are several here like Ira & Spicer who have attended practice sessions so there is some first hand knowledge.There is also a wealth of scouting reports on line available to all of us.Every one I read notes his arm strength as a major issue.Its also fair to note that in no other game was there more than 3 sacks allowed so at some point Mac must bare some accountability for the 11 sacks.Not all, but some!

27. By IRA on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo
    Great points about the new CBA and the less time they are allowed to practice on the field. I think they need the 2 a day practices not so much for hitting but to have time on the field to jell as teams especially for the younger players. You can sit in a classroom only so much. Plus the injury rate has gone up since the new CBA. And I contribute that to players training all year round very hard and now even more since they have only 1 a days. It was better when they could stay in shape at their own pace and play their ways into shape once camps open. Less stress on their bodies.
    KW, Just my opinion doesn’t mean I am right he is a proven winner but does he have enough to do that at the highest level ? Only 15 QB’s do.

28. By Mike Jet Vet on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

CarolinaJet, oh and BTW Kleckofan I don’t bang on my fellow Jet Fans . I use Facts to counter opinion especially the ones that don’t make any sense. So let me enlighten you once again with those facts. Rex has in his 1st 2 seasons here. Brought us the NYJ to Respectability, I won’t say back to because 1969 was to long ago to remember for most here.. Now even though our last 2 seasons have been less then acceptable, the Defense is still and has been 10 top in my book he is the only plus on moving in the right direction in the past 40 years, FACTS. Next who would you replace him with and can you assure us he will do better ? FACTS like it or not 64

29. By scjoe on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

Kleckofan, agree to a point re: Rex. No, he don’t get involved in the day to day activities of the offense, but I do believe he understands it. I believe he is fine in all the other areas i.e. leadership, motivation, dealing with the media, etc. Remember, no one pointed the finger at those qualities in his 1st and 2nd years. For me, if he rally’s the defense, and if the offense excels under MM and the team is competitive, who can ask for anything more?

30. By IRA on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

Just a note I read that the Bengals have drafted 8 players from Georgia since Lewis is the HC. Interesting approach or excellent drafting getting 4 starters for maybe the best DL in football and using a 2nd,3rd and two 4th rd picks. Seems like they use early picks on skill position players and DB’s. I think the Bengals have drafted as good or better then the Ravens.
    Also our old friend Nugent has really made a very good career for himself in Cincy. 83.8 % FG rate.

31. By IRA on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

That Bengal DL produced 42 sacks and as a team was 3rd in the NFL with 51 sacks. I think the Jets D has a chance to put up 40 plus sacks this year.
    The Pats drafted 3 players from Rutgers and with McCourty they could have 3 Rutgers players in their secondary at one time plus they have an all SEC LB corp with Mayo, Spikes and Hightower.

32. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

Looks like McDonough is working real hard at being a defensive end. I like his drive. Just could fill into DeVito’s shoes. Keep up the good work McDonough. I know some will not agree, but I feel we may have a very good wide receiver in Rogers. This kid is working hard and at 6′ some feel he is to small, but he is the same height as Wesley Walker and faster. Time will tell for both of them. I agree, I like the way RR is doing what he does best working with the defense and leaving the offense to MM…. Lets go “JETS”…

33. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 8, 2013 | Reply

kw65fan bravo on your post about Mac. He never got a real shot at playing. Ronbo I agree 11 sacks in one game is a lot. However, I do not believe it was all Mac’s fault like you stated.

34. By IRA on Jun 9, 2013 | Reply

I think giving Winslow JR a shot this week is a good thing. You never know and maybe this guy can step In for a year. If healthy he is an upgrade for sure. I like Cumberland but they need another TE to add to the mix.

35. By carolina jet fan on Jun 9, 2013 | Reply

MJV–I don’t know where to begin. Kleckofan and yours truley were not banging on you (as opposed to the comment leveled at Tom that said his opinion was suspect at best). We only concured that we need a team with a HC, not 2 DC. I can only offer my opinion. I want a guy like Belichick who not only can run a 1st class defence but devises a fast no-huddle that forces opposing D’s to operate with the wrong personal,Jim Harbaugh who recognized he perhaps had a better QB on the bench and was fluid enough to make a change. The same can be said for Pete Carroll. I want a HC who pays enough attention to detail so that we dont leave a wayne hunter as a starting RT for 16 games. Someone who is aware that Holmes has quit on the field vs. Miami. I dont

36. By carolina jet fan on Jun 9, 2013 | Reply

know, maybe I’m expecting too much.

37. By scjoe on Jun 9, 2013 | Reply

Ron, although, like Ira, I agree that the new CBA limits what can be done (and seen) in practices. At some point you have to find a way for all candidates at the more critical positions (QB) to show exactly what they can and can not do. The top teams around the league find ways to do just that. That is punctuated by the amount of rookie starters (including the QB position) you see around the league. You can’t “always” make a sound determination from practices alone. A little roll reversal for you and me….That falls on Rex!

38. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

One of the things I have been noticing in all the posts as well as the most Critical newspaper concerning the “JETS and GIANT” any New York team for that matter is the “New York Post” in a recent article they stated RR is finally leaving the offense alone allowing MM to set up his offense and doing what he does best running the defense and I fully agree with them on this subject. There is “NO” doubt in my mind RR is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL, I also like the fact that he has taken a step back on how he makes statements to the news media. definitely like his new approach. As for the QB situation. Mac has one of the best QB ratings in college and HS football. He just never got a shot at playing I do not know how strong

39. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

his arm is. But playing for Alabama is no picnic it is one of the top schools in the nation Greg McElroy’s leadership and experience earned him the Crimson Tide’s starting quarterback job in 2009, but his poise under fire and winning mentality were key in leading Alabama to the school’s 13th national championship … was the MVP of the 2009 SEC Championship Game … has played in 35 games in his UA career, making 27 starts, completing 436-of-658 (66.3percent) passes for 5,691 yards and 39 touchdowns … a cerebral quarterback with excellent football knowledge and all of the intangibles wanted in a starting quarterback. So my question is… HOW BAD CAN HE BE… If they do not use him then they should trade him so he can earn a shot with

40. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

team. Mentally I feel he is the best QB the jets have. As for his so called weak arm, go back to Alabama films and which I did and watched him throw at least 25 passes down field over 45 to 50 years with accuracy. No one can get around these stats and facts. Who will the QB be, just have to wait and find out….

41. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

P.S.
    Mac is 6’2″ 230 pounds and only 25 years old. That’s not to shabby based on size. He deserves a shot whether it is with the Jets or some other team there are several teams out their that would take him.

42. By 41 Year Fan John on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

The only receiver we had that was worth anything was Braylon Edwards last year..This offense is one of The WORST in the NFL …We have 0 at QB position ..0 at receiver ,,0 at tight end …0 line …0 running backs..Things are not looking good anywhere ….Good luck….

43. By STEVEN on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

McElroy is as good as any of the QB’s the JETS have. He’s smart, knows how to lead, how to move the chains and how to win. I’d rather see him play than Sanchez

44. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

Mike Jet Vet, Chad Pennington is a great example of why McElroy will never be a starting QB in the NFL. Lets say for arguments sake he is as smart & is the same type of leader that Chad was. Which is saying alot cause I doubt that he is Chad Penningtons dont fall of tree’s. At best his arm is Chad’s after multiple shoudler surgerys NOT before THEM!

45. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

KW65Fan, When did I ever say anything about McElroys thougths or character? At this point you are just making things up!

46. By Mike Jet Vet on Jun 10, 2013 | Reply

Tom, I for one think with some time and good coaching he will be better then Chad, how can you possibly say he doesn’t have what it takes or won’t become a started in the NFL
    It’s like I’ve and many others here have stated many times when it comes to judging QBs your record is way way off IE your man crush on Sanchez 4 years running he’s the worst in the league

47. By RONBO on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

JET FAN FRANK, for the record,I did not say the 11 sacks were “all Mac’s fault!” I merely pointed out the fact that that was the only game all year the O-line gave up so many sacks.The second highest sack total was 3 or 4? Yes my inference was clear as many of those sacks were clearly on Mac.But no, not all of them. As for your comparison of Rogers to Wesley Walker, your kidding right? First of all, even if Rogers was faster in gym shorts theres a big difference from trac speed to game speed.Part of running routes is the ability to get off the line of scrimmage and to make cuts with out loosing speed.I like Rogers and think he might be able to help us.But please dont compare an undrafted f/a to a Hall of Famer. Come on dude.

48. By RONBO on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

JET FAN FRANK, bye the way, Mac was measured at the combine at 6-1 1/4 205 lbs so if he’s now 230 thats a surprise.

49. By RONBO on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

MJV & Jet Fan Frank, a couple of things to consider, as you point out Mac’s passing numbers at Bama, keep in mind he was throwing to Julio Jones behind an o-line that consisted of 5 NFL calaber players that featured two 1st draft picks at R.B.Saben runs a conservative run first offense features play-action passes that are very effective when you have two stud R.B’s. Again, no one is trying to be critical, but rather to point out some concerns about his limited ability. I get all that stuff about the limited opportunity’s he had, but again, you have to earn those opportunities,especially as a 7th rd pick.Apparently, like Tebow, those makeing the decisions didn’t like what they say when he had his reps in practice ?

50. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

Mike Jet Vet, Or you man crush on Kellen Clemens!

51. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo, I am going by the Jets own roster based on him being 225+. Even in college he weighed in at 225, so unless the JETS ROSTER is wrong then I will stick with him being 225 pounds, as for comparing Rogers, YES, I DID but not in the way you took it, all I said is he could surprise everyone and become another super star, he most certainly has great hands, speed and moves, but I do agree with you “time will tell”. NOW, “TIM TEBOW” in NE, wow, did anyone see this coming. My belief is Beleicheck will use him when NE comes against us, don’t get me wrong they will not pull Brady out of a game. But a slap in the face would be him playing TE or HB and scoring against the JETS…

52. By RONBO on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

MJV, as none of us here gets to watch all of the practices we have no idea what the coaches are baseing their decisions on regarding Mac vs Mark or Geno. I can only speculate that what ever they are seeing is basically whats being said here by Ira and Spicer as its apparent Mac is not getting many reps. Now if you think its because of his comments following the 2011 season or some other personal reason thats a whole other question that I have no answere for. S.C.Joe pointed out the unfairness that goes on in the NFL and I agree. The money guaranteed the
    higher round picks definately comes in to play as no GM wants to look bad by haveing an undrafted F/A beat out a 2nrd rd pick.Sometimes like with Tom Brady it just takes a lucky break .

53. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 11, 2013 | Reply

Ronbo, your right about Bama’s offensive line and running backs. We did not have that in 2011 and 2012. But I feel Mac with a descent offense and a couple of RB’s would be one heck of a QB. That’s why I feel the JETS should release him or give him extra throwing time to see what he can really do. Like you I do not see him getting extra passing time, so release him or trade him. Someone will pick him up. Just like someone picked up TT whom all the announcers stated his days in the NFL were over. I still am amazed at NE picking him up. Knowing Mr. Belichec, he will probably figure out away to use TT against the JETS and if he scores will have big smile on his face so will Tebow

54. By RONBO on Jun 12, 2013 | Reply

Jet Fan Frank, As I’ve said here before its hard to argue with anything you say because you are one of the nicest guys here on this blog.Your loyalty to the team and its players is admirable.Let me ask you to look at this from a different perspective. If team management thinks the fans will support the team no matter how lousey of a product they put on the field, what incentive do they have to try to improve the team.When we as fans build up guys who cant or simply dont get the job done we become a part of the problem. Its up to us as fans to let management know we are fed up with watching an inferior team get beaten like a drum. I like Mac as a person but I just dont think he’s a part of the soloution?This is a passing league today.

55. By RONBO on Jun 12, 2013 | Reply

cont.- and in order to be successful a Q.B has to be able to make all the throws.Its obvious mac simply cant do that or he would be out there with geno & Mark competeing for the job. I get the impression there’s not a lot of interest from other teams to aquire him so I doubt very seriously that thats much of an option. Like i said, I make no claimes to know it all, just calling it like I see it

56. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 13, 2013 | Reply

On another Post Dr. Frank stated on the QB practice situation which he witnessed. Smith and Sanchez looked awful, Simms fumbled. McElroy was the only QB who was accurate and looked like he knew what he was doing and gave the defense fits….

57. By RONBO on Jun 13, 2013 | Reply

Jet Fan Frank, I have read everything writter on “bleacher report”, “fan sided dailey”,SNY’s Jets blog, the N.Y.dailey news, N.Y.post,N.Y times, Espn and no where did i read anything about MacIlroy doing much of anything in OTA’s or mini camp that would suggest he did anything to distinguish himself in any way, shape or form. Now, again, I was not there but one would think someone would have mentioned in one of the articles? If anyone else has read or heard anything like JFF’s post please let us know.Frankie baby, again, I like S.C.Joe am not against Mac.Like I said, I like the guy. There’s just nothing I’ve seen or read that makes me think he’s our Q.B of the future?

58. By Jet Fan since 1964 Frank on Jun 14, 2013 | Reply

RONBO, under no conditions did I say I never said any one from the media stated, all I did was quote DR. FRANK’S post on what he witnessed in the last few days at the mini-camp. this ge posted on Randy’s Radar post of Rex on Winslow, Tebow and TEs in General and like I stated to me it was a good post and good news…

59. By RONBO on Jun 15, 2013 | Reply

J>F>FRANK, I think you misunderstood my comment to you. My point was Dr.Franks comments were the only ones I had read or heard that said Mac Had distinguished himself. Not saying he was wrong, just hadn’t heard teh same thing from any of the other media sources? No problem bro.