New Look for Depth Chart, Radar Comments

Posted by Randy Lange on August 5, 2013 – 7:01 pm

To all Radar commenters: I have one bit of news for you and one change of venue to alert you all to.

The news is that the Jets’ first official depth chart of the season is now live on newyorkjets.com. You can find it here. This is the depth chart for the Jets’ preseason opener at Detroit on Friday night.

Keep in mind that even though the depth chart is official, it is not a rigid document. Some players will play ahead of others that they’re listed behind. Some players will not appear at the positions they’re listed at. It’s all a work in progress.

But note the newsworthy listings. QB is officially a “slash” situation, Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith being listed as co-starters at this time. On defense, Quinton Coples is appearing as a starting OLB, and both first-round rookies are being listed as starters — Sheldon Richardson at DT, Dee Milliner at CB.

As for the change of venue, you may have noticed a downturn in blogs appearing in this WordPress platform recently. That is by design. We are migrating all Randy’s Radar blogs and comments from WordPress to our NFL platform. We are consolidating all blogs with all news stories with an eye toward making a consistent and common experience across our Website for all our fans and visitors.

The Radar commenting procedure will not change a lot but one thing will be required to submit comments and that is you must be a member of Facebook. Many of you here on the WordPress version of the Radar are Facebook members, some are not. If not, sign up for Facebook and you’ll still be able to leave your comments at the bottom of my blogs.

Over the next several days we will be phasing out the WordPress version of the Radar, which means that I’ll post your comments here for the next week but eventually comments sent to any WordPress blogs will not be posted. New comments will have to be submitted via Facebook under the blogs from this week forward.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

80 Responses to “New Look for Depth Chart, Radar Comments”

1. By ronbo on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Randy, sorry to hear about the switch to facebook. I’m face book but the problem for some will be the lack of privacy.I’m sure you guys may be able to ensure that the problem is minimized but it is a concern.I really dont want my comments here to appear on facebook or any other like twitter so let me know whats up.Thanks as always,
    Ron

2. By IRA on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Most interesting thing about the depth chart is the slash at the QB spot. Guess its the right thing to do until they name a starter and Geno in my eyes is ahead and they don’t want to disrespect Mark.
    Now to more important matters. I am so upset that they will be changing the Radar and how you can make comments. From day one Randy’s work I enjoyed so much and loved to be able to make comments. Sorry but I will not get involved in the social media and I will not join facebook or twitter. So if anybody cares I will not be making any more comments[maybe some people will like that] and I will not be going to the Jets Website like I use to. This kills me to write this but that’s the way I feel. Everybody enjoy the Lions game and GO JETS!!!!

3. By Stevesc on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

Randy, disappointed that you have to be a member of Facebook to post comments on this blog… Don’t need or really want to be on it. I don’t know how many others that follow this blog feel the same way, so I guess I’ll just have to read them and keep my two cents to myself…

4. By SCfromNY on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Randy, thanks for the great articles and a forum to engage with other Jet fans. It has been a lot of fun and I have enjoyed it all even some posters strangeness. So goodbye to all since I don’t know when the change will occur. I do not like the change to facebook and will not participate. A quick look at the comments on ESPN, almost none, perhaps indicates that some powers that be might like it that way.

I leave with hopes that Geno will beat out Sanchez, our WRs will surprise, the D will as well as being in the top 10 not allow so many points, our RB issues will be resolved, and my man McElroy will get a chance to prove me right or wrong. Just a chance.

5. By Randy Lange on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Nickles, correct, all can read my blogs, EA’s pieces, and our news stories without needing to be a Facebook member. And I’m told that only a minimum of information is needed to join Facebook and be able to continue to comment to almost all of the stories appearing on newyorkjets.com, so perhaps that addresses some of the privacy concerns I’ve heard.

6. By Nickles on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Hey Randy, I have been a long time reader of the Radar. I have never made any comments up to this point. I follow football and our beloved JETS but would not embarrass myself, due to the lack of knowledge of individual players and stats. I enjoy reading all the contributors to the blog, most are very savvy and really know the teams and players both pro and college level. I like many others will never get caught up with the whole social media thing and I’m sorry to hear we will lose many voices.
    I assume I will be able to still read the blog without going to face book.

7. By wayne on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

I will not be joining FB so that will leave me out…..thank you….Per Rex McElroy is vying for 3rd spot with Simms. No shot at #1…He mentioned championships and all, as did I, but you gotta have tools to go along with the know-how. Mac does not. Remember Rex used to beat up on weak armed Chad. He’s not going out like that, and I am with him on that. Way too easy to defend a QB when you know limits of his arm…It also diminished O talent around him if they run only short routes….AND SINCE D KNOWS WHERE THEY’RE GOING TO BE THEY’LL HV BEJESUS BEATEN OUT OF THEM. CHAD SHORTENED CAREERS. With some of you guys, you’d swear Chad won something. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

8. By wayne on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Lol, Ira, just read your comment about FB and had same thoughts about how many will be happy to know I will no longer be commenting here…..I was going to write the same thing, but chose to take a day off from stirring things up…..But no you had to go and put you TOO cents in…..Yeah your constant sunshine on a rainy day could gnaw at some of us sometime, but you’re family….It was fun sparing. Never took any of it personally. Guys put lot of their time and heart and money into this team. Whatever the opinion, it was nothing personal, just passion….J.E.T.S.

9. By GaryC on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Can the jets finally put this fiasco of Holmes and McKnight to bed,cut your ties and move on,would hate to see some of these free agents who are doing well lose out a roster spot for these guys,I wouldn’t want to lose another Danny Woodhead type for these guys.

10. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

I saw this on Rotoworld “The Jets are considering using CB Kyle Wilson at free safety in the base defense this season. It would be a sensible move. Although Wilson (5’10/190) is undersized for safety, he has enough range to man centerfield, and the Jets’ biggest defensive weakness is at free safety. Rookie Dee Milliner has taken Wilson’s old starting corner job. The Jets could use Wilson in a Ronde Barber-like role, playing free safety in the base defense and slot cornerback in the nickel and dime” This may be a good move in that we would have a good cover guy in the free saftey spot.

11. By Frank on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Randy, what is the point? The comments posted on this site are amongst jet fans so why migrate to the NFL platform? Many of us have been involved since the beginning and now after several years you guys are breaking up the community that was formed here. Losing guys like Ira is a really bad idea. I am a membe of facebook but am no fan of all the unwanted junk that comes with it. The organization should really reconsider and keep the platform the way it is. You will lose readers and participants I have no doubt about that. As for the privacy issue there is zero privacy when you post on facebook or when you put any info over the net to join.

12. By Randy Lange on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Frank, I will be sure to mention your observations to those who made the call on this migration.

13. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Randy, So if I am understanding this correctly you have ato have a Facebook avccount in order to post? So will any post you put up appear on your Facebook page I guess? Cause I do not want my post on Randy Radar appearing on my Facebook page?

14. By Randy Lange on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Tom, I will try to get you an answer on that.

15. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

There are defenetly some suprises on the depth chart to me. Sheldon Richardson is starting on the D line. Coples they have him as a starting OLB. Milliner is starting at corner. Wilkerson & Ellis are in there 3rd year. Coples, Davis & Allen are in there 2nd year. Richardson & Milliner are in there 1st year thats 7 out of 11 starters are in there 3rd year or less this is a really young D!

16. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

On O they have Powell starting at RB over Ivory. Cumberland starting over Winslow at TE. They also have Hill starting over Braylon at WR with a starting FB in Lex Hilliard. I would have Hill & Braylon starting outside with Kerley starting in the slot & ditch the full back idea. This is 2013 it is a passing league. We can get miss matches in the passing game with Kerley in the slot going against other teams 3rd corners. Braylon a 6’3 guy who goes over the middle & make the tuff grabs,takes big hits & gets right up. He also is a great run blocker. Hill on the other side at 6’5 with his deep speed & Kelrey in the slot using his short area speed to get open & make plays to me is the idel lineup.

17. By Samson on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

If McKnight is cut who is returning kickoffs? Makes no sense to cut him over traffic tickets. Someone would snatch him up and make the Jets pay. Holmes I can’t stand so if they cut him I’d be happy. We have enough wideouts who can play. He’s a bad attitude since that final game of 2011 and I don’t like cancers.

18. By scjoe on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

Feel the same as the others re: Facebook. It has been fun and I wuill miss it, but to me, Facebook is for teen age girls, not for me. Hope you reconsider Randy, if not, thanks for the memories, wish you luck.

19. By wayne on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

GaryC, completely agree….Holmes is not going to play if it means jeopardizing his next contract. Not saying he’s dogging it, but he’ll error on side of caution. Considering Jets not playing for anything this year, can’t blame him. Let him go he can get ready for season next yr somewhere else. McKnight I have nothing more to say about this kid………..Glad to hear the non FB crowd won’t be JETisoned………Thank you censor….lol

20. By dave on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

I use Facebook to promote my business. If I post here with my FB handle, then fans of the Pats, Giants, Dolphins, Bills, or any Rex-hater (there are a few out there) may not patronize my business, because of my Jet Fan Passion.

Of course Tom, all posts will appear on your FB page. That is the point! To sell Facebook ads and make money. Advertisers pay to get their ads on to your page, so anyway to drive more people to these threads ultimately makes money for FB, which woody probably has in his stock portfolio!

Randy, this must be killing you, to hear all the nagatives but Facebook rules the world these days I guess. Been reading IRA’s and scjoe’s posts for what seems like 15 years. What about jetfanssince69, will he leave as well?

21. By Jake on Aug 6, 2013 | Reply

I mostly read this blog, I’ve commented a few times but I enjoy reading it much more. I find the insightful comments from IRA, SCjoe, spicer, Ronbo, Jet fan frank, Jet fan tom 64(not sure what happened to him) to be just as good of a read as the blog it’s self. The guys who post on here make the site fun and enjoyable, and a good learning experience on all things Jets, past and present. They are the most informed fans I have ever heard on any site. On top of that they police it very well. There is nothing I hate more than facebook “jet fans” posting idiotic comments with out any foundation or knowledge of the game. this kind of stuff is rampant on social media and I fear it will spill over on to this site. If the main guys go I stop reading

22. By IRA on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Going to miss all of the posts. I would think this was talked about with Randy and the people above him. Maybe those people should ask us instead and get the feel of the fans and what we want too. This is an absolute joke that we can’t continue making comments on this site without joining the social media. So once again appreciate the kind words and i truely respect most of the comments made by us the fans on the Radar. Hope they have a change of heart so we the die hard Jets fans can continue with this and the family we have.
    BTW,
    Randy and his staff put together one of the best yearbooks the Jets have ever had.

23. By squirrel on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Randy, facebook is a terrible move. You are losing the heart of this blog (ira, Scjoe, Wayne, Ronbo, Frank and others). No offense but I tune into this blog on a daily basis just as much to read their comments as I do you articles. sometimes even more so. I would seriously consider this change.

24. By ronbo on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

RANDY, if the facebook thing cant be cancelled I was hoping you could get my e-mail address to anyone who posts here as i would love to stay in touch with you and the guys here on the Radar.Sorry, the face book thing is not gonna work for me as I said earlier.My thoughts and comments are for real jet fans only and I dont like the idea of hearing from Dolphin or Pat’s fans as to me their opinions are of no interest.This was an oasis for Jet fans to come and share our thoughts.I appreciate the platform you provided and your guidance when the situation called for it and will miss all the gang here very much.I cant believe I’m posting here for the last ime and its not even about football!

25. By Randy Lange on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Sorry to hear that, ronbo. You’ll be missed, as will all other Radar visitors who won’t be coming over with us to Facebook. Anyone who wants ronbo’s email address, send a comment to me and I’ll keep it offline and reply offline.

26. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

My job has announced that they are moving to North Carolina soon & I do not intend on going so I have to look for a new job. Companies look at social network pages of potential employees prior to hiring them & I do not want a company that may hire me think I spend my day posting on the Jet web site when in actuality I post only when I have down time. So if my posts on your blog are going to be out there for all of the world to see more then likely I will no longer be posting.

27. By Randy Lange on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Tom, I am told that there is a toggle switch to prevent your Facebook comments to newyorkjets.com from appearing on your Facebook page as well.

28. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

I have been posting on this site for at least 8 years possibly a decade Randy would have to tell us how many years the Radar has been around. Anyway IRA, Frank, Tom 64, SCJoe, Ronbo, Frank 64, SCfromNY, Wayne, Gary C, Mike The EX Jet Fan & who ever else I am missing. We are a community of Jet fans who have been together for a long time. I feel like these guys are old friends of mine & have become part of my life. I have a Facebook account but I do not ever post on it. I only use it to see what my friends are talking about & to post pictures of my pride & joy (my kids) for my friends to see. I do not want a disagreement I am having with SCJoe about the Jet defense to be posted for all of my friends, family & the world to see.

29. By kleckofan on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

My suggestion is that all the long timers on here figure out where they can go to post on a Jets only site, there are some out there like gang Green nation etc.
    You won’t get the insider info that Randy provided but you’ll still be among Jets only fans.
    I maybe totally wrong on this, lets hear from others.
    I have a FB account, hardly use it ever. I have read the ESPN Jet blogs occasionally and cannot stomach some of the idiocy I see there.
    You guys have been great.

30. By ronbo on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

RANDY, could you clarify what you sais to Tom Spicer above? Before I ride off into the sunset I need a lot more clarity on that toggle switch?

31. By Randy Lange on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

ronbo, we’re still getting this Facebook machinery up and running. At some point when it’s fully operational, if you try to comment through Facebook, I’m told there will be a checked box in the comment area. If you uncheck the box, that would prevent any comments to newyorkjets.com from being posted also on your Facebook page. As soon as I get more information, I’ll pass it on.

32. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

I agree no Facebook for me, I’m out, Randy you should consider this , what is private to us loyal christian Fans, Men and Women who still believe in constitution, country, freedom of speech will be infringed a pond through Facebook sorry to say, I pray you are not being persuaded into such a position, and wish you all the best, and god speed my friend, if you’re not a part of the solution you’ll become a part of the problem,

33. By Frankie on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

I have not been on here in a while.. but don’t go to FACEBOOK.. horrible idea!

Geno Smith to start please.. give us some hope this season! I smell Tampa Bay around the corner.. lot M lets go!
    J-E-T-S

34. By GaryC on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Facebook might of started with good intentions but it is becoming more about people airing out their dirty laundry and people not knowing when to come in out of the rain.

35. By ronbo on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

GUY’s, not sure how this will work out with the FaceBook stuff but i want all here to keep an open mind.Spicer said it best I consider you all friends and a big part of my Jet family.I’m still stinging from Tom64′s departure and Bennett too so this stinks Lets all give Randy a chance to get all the facts and details before we make any final decisions.

36. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

I’m not getting mushy here, Randy your dedication, insight, fair play and patience with us took lots of work at times I’m sure it’s appreciated, I can’t speak for everyone, but it will be missed like losing a friend and Jets family., although some of us may have disagreed at times I believe we have bonded as a group , Before the Radar there was just anger and disappointment after a big loss any loss for that matter, it became a release for me, So in ending let me say to all the regulars here, it’s been fun at times it’s been rough at times but like all friends and family, you dredge though and come out the other side with no worse the wear, Hope the Radar comes back until then I bid you all a due, MJV

37. By scjoe on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

Well guys, it has been a nice run, last post for me. I think it is a done deal, the powers that be have already made the decision, so what you say to Randy now means nothing. what any of us as die hard Jet fans think or believe is irrelevant as well. If anybody comes up with another idea, or another forum, please include me. Thanks, will miss you all. jocol2@bellsouth.net

38. By scjoe on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

kleckofan, slam dunk on the ESPN blogs. I always used to participate, it was fun, since the FB changeover I have read or posted nothing!

39. By ronbo on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

S.C.Joe, thanks for your e-mail address.I will stay in touch. You or anyone else here can reach me at yanksrockbosox@yahoo.com I made that address up because my wife’s family is from New England (Middletown Ct.) and as she and I are often compared toJackie Gleason & Audry Meadows from the old Honeymooners show most people love that address.My wife, not so much!

40. By Eli Rodriguez--Not M.S. again! on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

First I would like to apologize if i’ve ever offened anyone with my comments. We here are very passionate fans it’s awesome, despise our drought. Facebook is part of everything and kind of fringes on privacy (REGARDLESS OF ALL THE SETTING) SO I UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION. All in all, We are the one that make it special and worthwhile. Good Luck to all……….ONE LAST SHOT……… Oh yeah SPICER G-MAC IS BETTER THAN M.S…………………..LOL!

41. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

Guys if what Randy says is correct about our posts not becoming posted on our own pages for the world to see. What are your isues with doing it? It is free, it takes less than 5 minutes to set up, you dont have to post a picture of yourself. I am not sure what are the other reasons not to do it? Let me know?

42. By bleedjetgreen on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

wow,been a fan of the radar for several years!!ive been a jet fan since the very first time i watched mark gastinue get a sack,think i was about 5 years old.even though ive rarely posted,i read the radar every day and would like to thank everyone for posting thier thoughts and insight.so sad to see the switch to facebook,it will never be the same!!good luck and farewell to all!lets go new york fighting football jets!!

43. By Westcoast GangGreen on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Randy.. I don’t have a facebook account and don’t want one. I’ve been an everyday reader of the ‘Radar” . Love all the back and forth of these die hard Jet fans who post . And, all the inside info you provided over the years. Going to miss the Monday mourning QB quotes the most. Good luck to your Fascebook Radar, you opened a whole new can of worms To all the vetrans who post on the Radar going to miss it . One last time Jet Nation ..J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!!!

44. By IRA on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Looking forward to a productive night and see some of the young players and how they play in a real game. Also I am real curious to see how Folk and Cundiff play. I think it is flying under the radar and can go either way. want to get off to a good start and get a win and stay healthy.
    GO JETS!!!!

45. By Tom "Section 124 Row 20" Spicer on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

Big game tonight with many story lines with the QB battle going on I hope Rex plays the starters longer then normal. Geno Smith seeing him in his first NFL game with no red jersey. Its a whole new ball game when guys are trying to smack u in the mouth? Hill you keep hearing about how he has improved we will see tonight? Braylon & Winslow are these guys still the players they were cause if so i think we can compete for a playoff spot? The new guards how are they going to do? Our new nose tackle Kenrick Ellis?. Sheldon Richardson the rookie that had a great camp at DE? How does Coples look at OLB? How about Davis at MLB? How does Miliner do at corner? & the free saftey spot who is going to be the guy there? Allen, Jarrett or Wilson?

46. By joe-retired li/fla on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

hi randy! long time-no post! how is tom’64? i don’t want anything to do with FB either. thanks for your work.! and to everyone out there-J-E-T-S jets,jets,jets!

47. By ronbo on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

SPICER, Yeah, I’m with you buddy. I want to give this every chance to work and I hope the rest of our gang here will give it a fair chance to work as well.RANDY, will you let me know what to do to check out the Face Book Radar?

48. By JET FAN FRANK SINCE 64 on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

Penalties played a big factor in the Jets loss last night. MS had some nice passes but it appears he started this game where he left off last season, one interception and another thrown ball that should have been picked off. GS looked good> But could not move the offense. McElroy in my eyes looked better then MS and GS and if Rogers did not drop a ball he should have caught downfield we might have had another score, but he did. Spadola looked very good, Hill also looked good, Edwards played very good. The defense did well against the running game as well as the passing game. The penalties have got to be worked on… I give the offense and defense a “B”…

49. By carolina jet fan on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

I have not posted in a while and am really dissapointed in the change of platforms. I agree with the above comment that considers FB a vehicle for teenage girls ( I dont even like the name!!!!! ). Whether free or not I will have no part of FB. I am as upset about this change as I was when we lost Tom 64. In parting, let me say that I will absolutly miss each one of you ( MJV– I love your Eldrige Clever quote) and I”m not leaving my e-mail adress but if anyone comes thru Charlotte, I can be found 7 days @ week @ Regent Park Golf Club. On game day you can find me in the grill, having a beer and watching the JETS. Just ask for carolina jet fan- theres only 1 of them.

50. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

Well I guess I”ll post until Radar is officially, FB run, Sanchez as usual 1st drive not 10 minutes into preseason INT, Geno One scramble Rolled ankle. I know injuries are a part of this game, But, you just know it’s going to happen to the Jets, Now G-mac didn’t look great but if you had to choice picking one right out the blocks no favoritism, no politics, no Contractual situations I’m betting G-mac is the front runner on every ones list,

51. By ronbo on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

Some quick impressions from the 1st pre-season game.The MacIlroy gang will start the Canton nominations no doubt.Here’s the thing, he did it against the 2′s&3′s! The Rogers dropped was badly under thrown.He should have tried to fair catch it.Oday was awful as a back-up tackle.He got beat like a drum on numerous plays and still committed 2 penalty’s.Apparently Cambell is so bad he’s buried on the depth chart by such door-mats as Schlardehauff and Ducasse?So much for improving the o.l. depth through the draft.Do we really want to talk about Mark’s interception? Deja-vu all over?Offense gave up 10 points on t/o’s.Does that sound familiar to anyone? This was not a debacle like last year but no way to consider it a successful start.

52. By JET FAN FRANK SINCE 64 on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

RONBO and to all the other people I care about in here. I have been on FB for several years and RANDY is correct you can block out any postings on FB. I have family and cousins on FB all from the NY area and those are the only people I have listed as friends all others are blocked. You do not have to give a bunch of info to get onto FB. So I hope most of you will check this out for yourselves before disappearing. I learned along time ago the only way to get correct information is by “CHECKING IT OUT FOR YOURSELF”.

53. By JET FAN FRANK SINCE 64 on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

MJV, I agree with you in McElroy, he did look much sharper and better then GS and MS. That pass by Rogers when he was wide open downfield was a let down. Overall I feel the defense played well and will continue to improve, Edwards looked great. Not sure why Ivory did not get much playing time but I have a feeling he will be turned loose on the 17th against the Jags. Milner looked quick and did well. Spadola did very well. LETS GO JETS….

54. By IRA on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

As I thought Jarrett could play and I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts opposite Landry. Like what the WR’s did they are a better group than most people give them credit for because of MM’s system. The WR’s were getting open more than last year. Hope they give Pantale more time I think he can grab that 3rd TE spot. Not happy with the running game they really need Ivory and the OL did not open many holes or get any push just like they didn’t on the goalline drill in Cortland. Guess they will need time to jell.
    Now the QB’s well Mark redeemed himself with his last series lets wait and see what happens with Geno’s ankle. If he misses any time Mark will start the season. Was disappointed that we didn’t get to see more of Geno.

55. By GaryC on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

We actually made completions down the field,you know Sparano was no where to be found.Certainly seems to these eyes that McElroy’s arm is stronger then it’s ever been.

56. By Frank on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

I have been one of the biggest MS detractors since he was drafted. I have to say take away the idiotic interception and MS played I think the best I have ever seen him. He was teriffic on the TD drive nice touch on his passes, accurate distributed the ball to 8 receivers. There is no way GS is remotely close to MS he looked tepid out there…4 drives one first down that stinks. I don’t care about 6-7 passing. I love McElroy what a tough guy he was the second best out there Smith is at the bottom of the chart. As a matter of fact there were 6 QB’s that played in that game for both sides and he was the worst.

57. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

I’m curious to hear what Jets fans think of the game Friday, My opinion if it means anything ,actually less the usual int by Sanchez, going 10 for 13 125 Yards is a monumental 20 minutes for MS, way to much to expect many more , fingers crossed. Penalties way to many,very undisciplined, I like the way Rodgers runs patterns although one big drop may have cost us a possible score, I like # 15 he looks like a keeper he made some nice catches, K2 looks Fine lets see if he can rise to the occasion , G-Mac made some nice throws under serious pressure,Still no pass rush, same old O-Line problems, can’t protect QB. I’m sure I left something out, any thoughts Guys .

58. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom's Last Words on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

Somebody told me the site is switching to FB and I had to see it for myself. I mostly stopped posting for personal reasons to do with work and spare time, though I sure don’t miss comments like from one poster, whom I know off the site, who’s already telling me Geno’s a bust. But I guess my timing was good because I’d never post on FB or any of the other incredibly time-wasting, narcissism-driven social media, all of which I think are about as useful as Pop Rocks and even less flavorful. Sorry they saddled you with this, Randy, and I admire your heroic effort to put a good face on it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if SCfromNY’s right about the powers-that-be being okay with less comments — which is a disgrace to the spirit (CONT.)…

59. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom's Last Words on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

…(CONT.) of Harry Wismer, Joe Willie, and the individuality and outspokenness by way of which the AFL as a whole toppled the NFL and forced it out of the Stone Age in less than a decade. I guess the new politically correct diktat is that we must all have a FB account, must all behave like worshipful Katy Perry fans, and always mind our p’s and q’s for fear of ever possibly offending anyone anywhere, especially The Grand High Kommisar Goodell. How ironic that such bland wimpdom has come to pro football, the most graceful, colorful, muscular sport ever invented. Oh well, we can still watch the games and look forward to Sanchez quietly being traded for a #5 around early November and Rex fired a day after the last game. Good luck to you all!

60. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom's Last Words on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

Finally, since I know some of you guys love this type of highbrow stuff (and others of you hate it, but that has always amused me too — yeah, I’m talkin’ to YOU, MJV!), with respect to the future of the NFL as it struggles to hold onto its glorious core principles in the era of Goodell Glitz and Greed, I leave you with the Stendhal quote that inspired the Bertolucci film, the title of which is contained herein: “Only those who lived BEFORE THE REVOLUTION can know the sweetness of the revolution.” And good luck with the job search, Spicer, don’t settle for (to quote another great movie, THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE) no stinkin’ 29 hours!

61. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom's Last Words on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

…and I applaud the re-signing of Bell, who should never have been let go in the first place and only was because of Rex’s typical make-one-mistake-and-I-overreact nonsense.

62. By Jet Fan Since '64 Tom's Last Words on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

Ira, only a few of “Mark’s” completions came without the receiver being almost 10 yds from any defender. He’s still the exact same “Mark” — can’t throw thru tight windows, spots the other team a TD before he even realizes it’s game day, and STILL can’t see defenders even when they’re right in front of him. If he’s lucky enough to win the starting job, he’ll be at the bottom of the QB ratings by the 4th or 5th game, after which people will stop coming to the games, after which Geno will start whether he’s ready or not so we can see if we need to draft another QB in 2014, after which Rex will finally be told he’s history after the final game. And that’s all I have to say about that on this site, since the FB foolishness isn’t for me.

63. By IRA on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

Frank,
    Don’t count Geno out. It was his first NFL live action and I thought he was ok. After that first slant to Gates I thought the penalties put him in some tough situations and they played it safe with check downs. I think if Geno’s ankle doesn’t swell up tonight and he can get through another practice he gets the start this week and if he outplays mark he is named the starter.

64. By IRA on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

This is no knock what so ever on Geno but everybody here knows I wanted EJ Manuel at 13 if they were going to grab a QB. Richardson will be a beast but I see that EJ had a great opening night last night. This decision will be debated for the next few years if things don’t go the way I think they will.

65. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

Toms 64, is back beep beep toot toot, I see your problems didn’t lessen the dramatics any , good to see you’re well and still with us. I also see assuming, what some people say and mean here are still your foray.

66. By SCfromNY on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

Well, still can post so my observations from Friday. Yes Sanchez came back from the interception but he gave away 6 points so scoring 6 points was a wash. Worse was the type of interception, a “duck and chuck”. With all the supposed improvements with the OL where was any running game? Yes, Lions have a great DL so against the Jags we should see major improvement I think the WRs will be OK if someone can throw them the ball. I am not counting on Holmes any longer. The D looked OK but nothing special. I give Milner a pass on some poor tackling and coverage since he just arrived in camp. With all the 1rstround picks I expect better pressure. I haven’t been proven wrong about McElroy yet and continue to support him. His arm does not look weak.

67. By GaryC on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

I find it amusing that the media and the coaching staff are so willing to put Geno out there with a bum ankle,they are really pushing him to be the starter even though at this point he would be number three if truth be told,I keep hearing McElroy is accomplishing things against the number three defenses,really,He is working with the number threes on offense also,wake up and smell the coffee to his detractors,He is number two and could be number one if giving half the chances that Sanchez and Geno have.

68. By wayne on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

Wow, was going to inquire about 64, and why he hadn’t been heard from and puff….Well, guess everybody is present and counted for…My last post…All you need to know of Mr. Sanchez, his response to the pick6: “Yeah so what”. As I’ve said, he needs to take some licks for this team. He’s taken enough greenbacks…Looks like game 3 would be perfect segue for mgt. Geno not physically ready, those spindly legs need an NFL off season to develop. Game 7 or 8 better…Past belongs to history, the future belongs to God, we have but today, this very moment…..It is a GIFT from God, that is why it is called THE PRESENT. …Will join FB for one reason only…….Best to all, ciao.J.E.T.S.

69. By ronbo on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

GARY C, as the only pass Mac threw that traveled more than 10 yards in the air was pitifully under thrown I don’t get your comment concerning Mac’s new found arm strength/ frankly, I’ve seen better arms on a rocking chair.FRANK, o.k, so Mark led a td drive against a mixture on one’s & 2′s, but really,? I do we just gloss over that pic-6 like it was some type of aberration?Sorry, bro, but I can’t can’t get past all the nightmare’s from last season. MJV, I pretty much think you covered the game on the money!Except the Rogers drop which was as much Mac’s fault as that ball was badly under thrown and it’s not easy waiting for a quack’er like that with defenders running at you.M.M’s offensive schemes were light years ahead of Sparano’s

70. By ronbo on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

IRA, So far,and I would underline those words “so Far” if I knew how(LOL), I have to say your improved O.L prediction’s are not looking good.The O-line was the big weaknss in the first pre-season game as Howard was constantly beaten(one of which led to the Sanchez pick-6) and 8 of the 11 penalty’s were against the O-line.The 2nd group was a complete disaster as Oday was beaten repeatedly and commit ed 3 penalty’s as well.(one of which was declined)It appears Cambell is running number 6 or 7 at the G position so as of this moment the depth is suspect at best.This could be a major health risk to whoever wins the QB battle if it doesn’t get fixed soon!

71. By Mike Jet Vet on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

Ok randy best of luck, I hope you live long and proper . MVJ OUT

72. By Howie D on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

Randy: Thanks for everything. Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate with the new Facebook format. I remain enormously respectful and appreciative for the work you have done over the years. Please do let me know if anything changes. All the very best.

73. By Randy Lange on Aug 13, 2013 | Reply

Gentlemen and ladies, I have to turn out the lights, the party is over on WordPress but we are accepting comments through Facebook to the Radar as well as to Eric Allen’s blogs and on news stories that EA, reporter Charlie Frankel and I will be writing during the season. If you can’t come along, thanks for helping to make the first 6½ years of the Radar a great success. And if you can come along, thanks for helping us to move onward and upward into the new season.

74. By walt on Aug 14, 2013 | Reply

I most certainly agree that McElroy should be starting. What he was able to accomplish in Detroit under extreme distress with the backups was something geno or mark never could do. I remember reading an article about Joe Namath a long time ago that stated that joe would not throw to a receiver if he knew the receiver would be clobbered catching the ball. I hope that whatever Qb for the Jets would follow the same advice since throwing to forth string receivers is not very fun.

75. By Chicago Bob on Aug 16, 2013 | Reply

Not a facebook guy and never will be one. It’s been fun guys, would have liked to have a beer with some of you one day. Was fun while it lasted. Thanks Randy.

76. By IRA on Aug 19, 2013 | Reply

This realy stinks not having the radar the way it was. Miss reading most of the comments and i have checked out the new facebook thing and the comments are just not the same. They have ruined a good thing. Just wish they would go back to this type of page.

77. By ronbo on Aug 22, 2013 | Reply

IRA, I agree 100%. i suppose its better than nothing but the new format is difficult to use. It’s almost impossible to scroll down to read the comments and there is no one (other than my man Klecko Fan to help you.) I am no computer whiz so I’m not happy about it either. So far I’v onle seen posts from Klecko Fan, one of the Joe’s, Spicer and one of the Frank’s. I heard you on the FAN with Jodie Mac today.Good job buddy, you said it well.Randy has my e-mail if you ever want to chat. S.C.Joe and I left our address’s above if you scroll up.

78. By Jimmer on Aug 30, 2013 | Reply

toughest calls for final cutdown are QB and WR. We have 4qbs, and know we will only have 3 next year. Simms and McElroy will not clear waivers and make it to the practice squad, someone will take them. At WR, we may have the same situation. Spadola/Campbell/rogers is tough. with Holmes/Hill/Kerley sure to make the roster, at least 1 gotta go, maybe 2 if 4qbs make the roster. gonna be tough

79. By Purpleflash on Sep 19, 2013 | Reply

Well I guess I’m late to the party, but this move to Facebook is ridiculous. I’m on Facebook, but its getting to be more of a pain to be on it. And I don’t comment on NFL as much anymore since they went over to Facebook too. I didn’t comment a lot here, but always enjoyed all the regulars. Won’t be the same.

80. By RICHARD BOURGOIN on Oct 21, 2013 | Reply

THE “SONS” OF ANARCHY” : NEW YORK JETS PROUDLY PRESENTS WilkerSON, RichardSON, HarrisSON Coming to a stadium near you !!!